PDA

View Full Version : All penthouses at The Topiary EC costing up to S$1.6m each sold

dtrax
07-12-12, 20:47
Who says money not enough?

Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1241599/1/.html

SINGAPORE: All 16 penthouses going at between S$1.3 million and S$1.6 million have been snapped up as sales opened on Friday for yet another Executive Condominium (EC) project in the market.

About a third of the units at the Topiary, located along Fernvale Lane, were sold within four hours.

Prices start from S$580,000 for a 2-bedroom unit.

Its developer Kheng Leong said recent transactions in the area show that the price difference between The Topiary and private condominiums is higher than in most other neighbourhoods. The difference is approximately 30 per cent to 40 per cent.

It also added that the interest in The Topiary is indicative that ECs continue to enjoy strong demand from buyers.

National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan recently urged developers of ECs to be mindful about the intent and spirit of the EC policy.

He had said developers should ensure that units are affordable to the targeted EC applicants.

ECs were introduced to help Singaporean families earning within S$12,000 per month acquire a condominium at below market rate.

- CNA/jc

Bring forth and draw your swords... PROPERTY WARRIORS! ChArGeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

phantom_opera
07-12-12, 20:53
Singaporeans very sharp ... they know where the good deals are :p

Very soon, EC developers will build even more penthouses, from 2% to 5% to 10% to eventually 20% penthouses :p

radha08
07-12-12, 20:59
Singaporeans very sharp ... they know where the good deals are :p

Very soon, EC developers will build even more penthouses, from 2% to 5% to 10% to eventually 20% penthouses :p

dont be too sure the dark forces are watching and ready to launch...the counterstrike....CM7....With IMMEDIATE effect EC size shall not EXCEED 1444 sqft...:scared-1:

azeoprop
07-12-12, 20:59
Big 5 bedroom penthouses with unblocked city view for only 1.6 million, everybody also want. :D

http://www.thetopiary.com.sg/

lajia
07-12-12, 21:05
hahaha....ya they watching. effective CM would be anything above 1500sqft, tax of 15% additional stamp duty so as to put it slightly lower then PC, not on par as PC because there is MOP of 5yrs and 10yrs; no grant given of course...:D

dont be too sure the dark forces are watching and ready to launch...the counterstrike....CM7....With IMMEDIATE effect EC size shall not EXCEED 1444 sqft...:scared-1:

dtrax
07-12-12, 21:09
can we all agree 1.6mil EC PH unit top floor... is simply toooo cheap?

gfoo
07-12-12, 21:14
i feel so much better now :D

rymccondo77
07-12-12, 21:15
Definitely cheaper than the PH units at Citylife EC !

yjcai
07-12-12, 21:18
Hmm holiday season not very quiet after all

ikan bilis
07-12-12, 21:49
URA Curbs on suburban 'shoeboxes'.... private condo cannot build too many MM.... so average size must be >70sqm min

very soon hor.... URA Curbs on 'Giant EC'.... EC cannot build too many penthouse.... so average size must be <100sqm max....

:banghead:

teddybear
07-12-12, 22:30
Strangely, so many cooling measures for PCs but none targeting HDB & ECs? No wonder we are seeing HDB approaching $1m and ECs more expensive than many PCs now! :beats-me-man:

quote=lajia]hahaha....ya they watching. effective CM would be anything above 1500sqft, tax of 15% additional stamp duty so as to put it slightly lower then PC, not on par as PC because there is MOP of 5yrs and 10yrs; no grant given of course...:D[/quote]

kane
07-12-12, 23:41
Hdb and EC are driven by the most basic needs of a basic roof. And i think it is almost impossible to say you build 25k and plan to house another 1mio without ending up with higher prices

Komo
08-12-12, 06:39
probably buyers are those who have sold and had been waiting for market crash ?:D nice move:D

bakasa2002
08-12-12, 08:15
Interesting if a 5rm HDB owner flat can fetch 650k today and commit for a 1.3mil EC that will TOP in 3 yrs time thinking that his shortfall is about 650k loan if he make lumpsum payment at TOP. If prices 3 yr later, market correct about 20%, when he sell his HDB and it is worth about 500k, then he will be caught it a bind?

chestnut
08-12-12, 08:22
Interesting if a 5rm HDB owner flat can fetch 650k today and commit for a 1.3mil EC that will TOP in 3 yrs time thinking that his shortfall is about 650k loan if he make lumpsum payment at TOP. If prices 3 yr later, market correct about 20%, when he sell his HDB and it is worth about 500k, then he will be caught it a bind?

Bro, if family income is say 12 k. Ex max qualification is 12 k rite? How much will they save a month? In 3 years time, how much would they have saved?

Bro, can I ask you, over last 3 years, how many % increase did you get?

U must do forward thinking... If u have no forward thinking of your pay, means u scared and not competent in your job. If that is the case, then u are right, don't buy... But if you confident in your capability and your boss appreciates it and you know, will u buy??

Cheers

:cheers4:

roly8
08-12-12, 08:26
how come singaporean so rich ar?

:o:o

radha08
08-12-12, 08:54
:ashamed1:

In order for that to happen bto price must drop
By 20%...

bakasa2002
08-12-12, 09:14
Bro, if family income is say 12 k. Ex max qualification is 12 k rite? How much will they save a month? In 3 years time, how much would they have saved?

U must do forward thinking... If u have no forward thinking of your pay, means u scared and not competent in your job. If that is the case, then u are right, don't buy... But if you confident in your capability and your boss appreciates it and you know, will u buy??

Cheers

these are good points ... Need to start thinking positively. ;)

bakasa2002
08-12-12, 09:16
:ashamed1:

In order for that to happen bto price must drop
By 20%...

Very true ... Likelyhood of that happening? 10%?

bakasa2002
08-12-12, 09:19
Topiary has this R/C ledge, what is it ah? does it goes into the floor area that the buyer is paying for?

solsys
08-12-12, 09:33

I think you are right..... this may come out.

bakasa2002
08-12-12, 10:22
I think you are right..... this may come out.

I think the first thing that might happen is they bar the people from renting out DK apt before MOP. That is a loophole ...

azeoprop
08-12-12, 10:34
Topiary has this R/C ledge, what is it ah? does it goes into the floor area that the buyer is paying for?

RC ledge is not counted into the floor area. It's meant as a sunshade only.

flagship74
08-12-12, 10:42
This EC design can beat PC pant down..:scared-2:

bakasa2002
08-12-12, 10:44
RC ledge is not counted into the floor area. It's meant as a sunshade only.

Oki thks ... ;)

bakasa2002
08-12-12, 10:48
This EC design can beat PC pant down..:scared-2:
like the PH layout too... no excessive roof terraces and on single floor.;) Some got like 5 bathroom! :(

Komo
08-12-12, 10:49
howcome only see a ghostly figure from the link?:D

buttercarp
08-12-12, 12:26

Yup, it is scary!
Earn 12k per month and dare to buy 1.3 - 1.6 mil EC?

There are a few groups of people who buy EC.
1. HDB upgraders - these are middle aged people who have children.
2. 1st timers - these are young people whose parents are financing them.
3. New citizens.
4. People who have sold their private properties for the last 30 months and perhaps living overseas, who are planning to return on TOP of the EC.

So the most vulnerable group will be the first group.
If at TOP of the EC, there is a price correction or sudden crash due to recession, how are they going to sell their HDB and finance their EC? Or worse still, what if they lose their jobs :scared-3: ? It will be hard for them to find another as they are middle aged.

azeoprop
08-12-12, 12:31
Convert the penthouse into triple key units of 2 bedroom each and rent out.

:D

focus
08-12-12, 12:31
like the PH layout too... no excessive roof terraces and on single floor.;) Some got like 5 bathroom! :(

Excessive A/C Ledges if you looked at it.

buttercarp
08-12-12, 12:33
Convert the penthouse into triple key units of 2 bedroom each and rent out.

:D

Must wait until after MOP.
Wait until neck long long.

phantom_opera
08-12-12, 12:33
cheap compared to Cove

http://www.onesentosa.com/Bridge.JPG

buttercarp
08-12-12, 12:35

Actually got lots of bathroom is not a bad idea.
My place also got 5 bathrooms.
Initially I did not like the idea but now I find it very convenient especially in the morning when we don't have to fight over it.
Now become too spoilt, so go holiday, must book accomodation with at least 2 bathrooms :o .

azeoprop
08-12-12, 12:36
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/RentOpenMktRentOutRoom?OpenDocument

Subletting rooms no need mop, thats why dual keys so popular in EC. :D

phantom_opera
08-12-12, 12:37
Actually got lots of bathroom is not a bad idea.
My place also got 5 bathrooms.
Initially I did not like the idea but now I find it very convenient especially in the morning when we don't have to fight over it.
Now become too spoilt, so go holiday, must book accomodation with at least 2 bathrooms :o .

you are nominated as condosingapore tai tai :D

buttercarp
08-12-12, 12:43

LOL...... not there yet.
Only a tai tai "wannabe" :ashamed1: .

proud owner
08-12-12, 12:46
LOL...... not there yet.
Only a tai tai "wannabe" :ashamed1: .

i think 4 bedroom 3 bathroom
or 5 bedroom 4 bathroom is good

i never believe in ensuite ....

waste of space ... and maintenance ..

buttercarp
08-12-12, 12:56
i think 4 bedroom 3 bathroom
or 5 bedroom 4 bathroom is good

i never believe in ensuite ....

waste of space ... and maintenance ..

Ensuite is wonderful especially if you need space for grooming. It can also function as a quiet spot for self reflection.
An ensuite bathroom can not only function as a bathroom but as part of the bedroom. It can function as an extra storage space as well.

But of course when it comes to PUB bills, each toilet is charged a monthly fee.
So the more toilets you have the more the bill.

radha08
08-12-12, 23:24

tai tai is someone that lives off their rich husband right...i dont think our sis is like that...:)...is she:confused::D

kane
09-12-12, 00:15
topiary not near mrt also kenna cleaned up??

chestnut
09-12-12, 06:28
Ensuite is wonderful especially if you need space for grooming. It can also function as a quiet spot for self reflection.
An ensuite bathroom can not only function as a bathroom but as part of the bedroom. It can function as an extra storage space as well.

But of course when it comes to PUB bills, each toilet is charged a monthly fee.
So the more toilets you have the more the bill.

Sis, which condo u stay got so many bathroom? I would love something like this...

:cheers4: :cheers4:

rymccondo77
09-12-12, 15:04
topiary not near mrt also kenna cleaned up??

1) Though all the penthouses have been sold out, think the rest of the take up rate is so so - anyone to update on the sales?

It could be like Watercolours, the EC at Pasir Ris - very fast start but sales has since slowed down considerably.

2) Those who bought this EC probably have own transport.

3) Some who bought this EC would probably be upgraders from the HDB flats in the surrounding Buangkok area.

buttercarp
09-12-12, 16:15
Sis, which condo u stay got so many bathroom? I would love something like this...

:cheers4: :cheers4:

Actually most penthouses have ensuite rooms.
Yours should be too, right?

tai tai is someone that lives off their rich husband right...i dont think our sis is like that...:)...is she:confused::D

Yup bro radha is correct.
I don't have the luxury to live off my husband, so the word "tai tai" does not apply to me :o ,:) .

chestnut
09-12-12, 17:07
Actually most penthouses have ensuite rooms.
Yours should be right .

Bo leh... Not so many bathroom... Pasir Panjang land area all so small... So they max lah... Lucky my kids big, a few years time, I downgrading to 2/3 bedroom. So far no 2 bedder for me, but I looking around...

Then rent out my penthouse and more moolah... Hahahaha

leesg123
09-12-12, 17:15
EC not subjected to bidding? First come first served?

bakasa2002
09-12-12, 18:46
EC not subjected to bidding? First come first served?

The new procedure as I understand is that they collect e application one mth in adv and when they open for sale, q no is alrdy allocated to 1/2 timer accordingly, after those w q no are served, all walk in is on first cm first served basis...

bakasa2002
09-12-12, 18:52
I pop in to topiary this afternoon. The landscaping is pretty impressive and is one of the better ec in terms of layout, pricing and facilities. Highlight is the sky garden and agent mentioned that they use 12-14 floor of one block to do up the design. Like mentioned earlier, this can give some pc a run for the money and innovation. It's about 700psf for a 1055sf low floor 3br w pool facing...

Only minus is the location and lack of amenities apart from Greenwich V. It's a value buy of u are ok w location. No shuttle bus according to agent. Finishing is basic. :)

buttercarp
09-12-12, 22:00
I pop in to topiary this afternoon. The landscaping is pretty impressive and is one of the better ec in terms of layout, pricing and facilities. Highlight is the sky garden and agent mentioned that they use 12-14 floor of one block to do up the design. Like mentioned earlier, this can give some pc a run for the money and innovation. It's about 700psf for a 1055sf low floor 3br w pool facing...

Only minus is the location and lack of amenities apart from Greenwich V. It's a value buy of u are ok w location. No shuttle bus according to agent. Finishing is basic. :)

Should be quite near the future Seletar Mall, right?
About 10 min walk.

leesg123
09-12-12, 22:04
Should be quite near the future Seletar Mall, right?
About 10 min walk.
Nowadays all housing are having some sort of malls or mrts or interchange within 10-15 mins walk.

buttercarp
09-12-12, 22:12
Nowadays all housing are having some sort of malls or mrts or interchange within 10-15 mins walk.

Yes.
It is good.
At least if you are hungry and nothing to eat at home, you won't starve as food is only a 10 min walk away.

kane
10-12-12, 00:32
1) Though all the penthouses have been sold out, think the rest of the take up rate is so so - anyone to update on the sales?

It could be like Watercolours, the EC at Pasir Ris - very fast start but sales has since slowed down considerably.

2) Those who bought this EC probably have own transport.

3) Some who bought this EC would probably be upgraders from the HDB flats in the surrounding Buangkok area.

Those who snap up the ph are likely to have their own transport. Maybe 2 transports in fact...

leftfield
10-12-12, 11:35

Cheers

I've realised a recurring theme in all your postings. That is to always look forward and plan ahead.

This is sound advice as I have also looked back 3 to 4 years ago what was my earning capacity.

If only u told me all these then. :doh:

phantom_opera
10-12-12, 11:38
How to make money buying EC penthouse hah? after 8y sure can sell higher meh? Ulu location not near MRT / mall got buyers?!

1.3m-1.6m can only buy ECO 3br but location different mah

:beats-me-man:

dtrax
10-12-12, 11:54
How to make money buying EC penthouse hah? after 8y sure can sell higher meh? Ulu location not near MRT / mall got buyers?!

1.3m-1.6m can only buy ECO 3br but location different mah

:beats-me-man:

apparently many bot based on por zhua interview is due to genuine homestay, like big spaces and relatively affordable.. basically that is to say:
I see, I like, i HOOT!

chestnut
10-12-12, 13:47
I've realised a recurring theme in all your postings. That is to always look forward and plan ahead.

This is sound advice as I have also looked back 3 to 4 years ago what was my earning capacity.

If only u told me all these then. :doh:

Bro, to enter the market like this, you need to have confidence in your future earnings... If you do not, means your job "risky" - which means, don't play this game... Too high risk.... If you feel you are capable, if you believe that if you lose your job, you can easily get another job... What's the issue???

You must also be able to read the "future", there are ways to do it. I will not dwell into that... I have no interest to dwell into that as well...

You are young, it is never too late... Remember, everything has a "cycle". Do not believe people who tell you prices will never drop. It will eventually. Just dont ask me when... Read the past to plan for the future... It will not be exact, but it will be "similar".

:cheers4::cheers4:

chestnut
10-12-12, 13:48
apparently many bot based on por zhua interview is due to genuine homestay, like big spaces and relatively affordable.. basically that is to say:
I see, I like, i HOOT!
Bro, if I can apply and it is for homestay, I also hoot.... Happy lah... So much space... Not everytime it is about making money... Sometimes, it is about enjoyment... Thats why i buy nice car - SHIOK.

Shanhz
10-12-12, 14:00
Bro, to enter the market like this, you need to have confidence in your future earnings... If you do not, means your job "risky" - which means, don't play this game... Too high risk.... If you feel you are capable, if you believe that if you lose your job, you can easily get another job... What's the issue???

You must also be able to read the "future", there are ways to do it. I will not dwell into that... I have no interest to dwell into that as well...

You are young, it is never too late... Remember, everything has a "cycle". Do not believe people who tell you prices will never drop. It will eventually. Just dont ask me when... Read the past to plan for the future... It will not be exact, but it will be "similar".

:cheers4::cheers4:

bro, you blur me leh.

on one hand, you talk about rising demand, supply bueh gao. on the other hand, you tell our young fren to wait for price to drop. how many yrs you want him to wait?

leftfield
10-12-12, 14:03
bro, you blur me leh.

on one hand, you talk about rising demand, supply bueh gao. on the other hand, you tell our young fren to wait for price to drop. how many yrs you want him to wait?

Haha, already staying in one and hoot another already. Recuperating to hoot more! :D

BTW, not young already! :p

chestnut
10-12-12, 14:10
bro, you blur me leh.

Bro, prices will go up in short term... But you cannot have this notion prices will go up forever... Understand !!!!

Its like me telling you COE will go up, does not mean it will go up forever !!!

So you need to do due diligence... Did I tell anyone not to buy????

Please dont blur... The signs are there that inflation will be there... You need to look to see if you are buying to speculate, invest, or homestay... This 3 requires different play... I hope I did not confuse you... If i did, I think I better disappear leh... I really dont want to cause confusion...

:D:D

Shanhz
10-12-12, 14:15
Bro, prices will go up in short term... But you cannot have this notion prices will go up forever... Understand !!!!

Its like me telling you COE will go up, does not mean it will go up forever !!!

So you need to do due diligence... Did I tell anyone not to buy????

Please dont blur... The signs are there that inflation will be there... You need to look to see if you are buying to speculate, invest, or homestay... This 3 requires different play... I hope I did not confuse you... If i did, I think I better disappear leh... I really dont want to cause confusion...

:D:D

haha, no lah, not blur. my horizon and situation is different from him. plus he dun have the memory of last crash. if i were him i sure gan jeong. coz he is not vested. this is human nature.

the question of "when" is very critical. if it goes up another 50% from here, then drop 40%, still up leh.

but seriously... would any one here ever think the COE will hit $10k again? (assuming supply policies dun change)

leftfield
10-12-12, 14:20
haha, no lah, not blur. my horizon and situation is different from him. plus he dun have the memory of last crash. if i were him i sure gan jeong. coz he is not vested. this is human nature.

but seriously... would any one here ever think the COE will hit $10k again? (assuming supply policies dun change)

Got lah, witnessed the 97 asian crisis when I just started work, followed by the dot.com bubble, then SARS.

Bought my resale in 99, sold in 06 to buy my current condo. Just got vested in another BUC with TOP in 2014.

chestnut
10-12-12, 14:28

the question of "when" is very critical. if it goes up another 50% from here, then drop 40%, still up leh.

Bro, you need to go back to school for maths !!! Serious bro... I really very nice to you leh... If in office, my people tell me this, I will whack them until they cry....

Assuming price is at 1Mil
Go up 50% = 1.5Mil
Drop 40% = 0.6 X 1.5 = 0.9Mil
Only if it drops, 33.3333333%, then will it be same level...

Bro, by the time COE drop to 10K w/o you knowing, you are done !!! All your investment chow tar..... You must be able to get out before it happens... Or sell some along the way to realize the gains.... Bro, choose your own game... But always have a plan... I have my own game plan and I really am sick of sharing with people... Why, because they will say this, say that, until I super sian... I have decided to share with those who I feel deserve it... Hahahahahahahaha

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

leesg123
10-12-12, 14:36
Bro, you need to go back to school for maths !!! Serious bro... I really very nice to you leh... If in office, my people tell me this, I will whack them until they cry....

Go up 50% = 1.5Mil

Bro, by the time COE drop to 10K w/o you knowing, you are done !!! All your investment chow tar..... You must be able to get out before it happens... Or sell some along the way to realize the gains.... Bro, choose your own game... But always have a plan... I have my own game plan and I really am sick of sharing with people... Why, because they will say this, say that, until I super sian... I have decided to share with those who I feel deserve it... Hahahahahahahaha

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4: :cheers5:the guru has spoken

Shanhz
10-12-12, 14:48

Go up 50% = 1.5Mil

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

haha, aiya, my maths not that bad lah. i just lazy to calculate.. not like you.. 33.33333%..my bad. at the back of my mind, i know what i mean.

when the time come to sell, PM me ok? haha.. i dun have much ego. that's why i can accept things on both sides of the fence. those that always say this, say that, have a lot of ego and think they are right. and rightly so.. else they wun be so successful in life. i dun consider myself successful, so have to learn from successful pple.

Rosy
10-12-12, 15:11
I realised there were lots of discussion on resale market providing better value than new launches. However, many people over here bought new launches instead.

Shanhz
10-12-12, 15:20
I realised there were lots of discussion on resale market providing better value than new launches. However, many people over here bought new launches instead.

for pure investment objective, i would go for resale. which was what i did. but have since sold my resale and gone into new launch, becoz this time it's for own stay.

Rosy
10-12-12, 15:23
for pure investment objective, i would go for resale. which was what i did. but have since sold my resale and gone into new launch, becoz this time it's for own stay.
Care to share why it is better to buy new launches for own stay?

I would have thought the reverse is true?

Shanhz
10-12-12, 15:35
Care to share why it is better to buy new launches for own stay?

I would have thought the reverse is true?

for pure investment, the key word is ROI ROI ROI. for me lah. buy resale, immediately yield, u know where you stand. whether it achieves your investment objective. and not so sayang, buy brand new and let others destroy it.

when i bought my resale, the BUC down the road was like 20% dearer. that means immediately your yield takes a hit.

for own stay, it is all about emotion. you like the place, it's suitable for the kids/wife/dog/fish/bedbugs, etc. no ROI to talk about. so u do your homework, make sure the facing, the built-up areas around, etc.. you get a picture of what your house will look like, then u buy it. when it arrives, it is brand new shiok shiok. and who cares what is the investment value as long as you can afford it.

those who buy BUC as investment are assuming that prices only go up, not down, so hoping to make a profit when TOP. no guarantees on that. mkt can go south anytime. also, they are not financially strong, therefore they need the progressive payment to build up slowly, and hopefully can sell out b4 the full instalment hits them. not forgetting that upon TOP, there are hundreds of units on the mkt seeking rental. aiyo.. pai tan leh.

for me, i only take calculated risks. so BUC as investment is no-no for me.

Rosy
10-12-12, 15:37
I prefer to look at ready projects when comes to own stay. See the actual product. Alot of stuff are often misleading and unknown during new launches.

Shanhz
10-12-12, 15:43
I prefer to look at ready projects when comes to own stay. See the actual product. Alot of stuff are often misleading and unknown during new launches.

nothing wrong with that. your case, u are talking abt subsale, not so much resale. for me i am very picky. so for own stay, i prefer to choose my own unit rather than pick one on the mkt which might not suit me.

of coz, the ability to visualise is important. u need to imagine how ur house looks like (based on floorplan), u need to be able to sieve out the showflat fixtures from what your actual house looks like (minus the wallpaper, lighting, nice ID, missing wall, etc). and based on development plan, need to visualise where your neighbouring blocks are, whether u are blocked by sun, view is good or not, etc etc.

Rosy
10-12-12, 15:46
I am more worried about the design of the actual common areas and the worksmanship of the final product.

So maybe i am more fussy.

Shanhz
10-12-12, 15:49
I am more worried about the design of the actual common areas and the worksmanship of the final product.

So maybe i am more fussy.

it depends on what you are fussy about bah.. for me, my house is important. the common areas... as long as well maintained, it is okay. i dun entertain at home (except close friends) so it doesn't matter whether or not the common areas are posh or not.

workmanship i do agree might be tricky. in that case, subsale is better.

Rosy
10-12-12, 15:55
it depends on what you are fussy about bah.. for me, my house is important. the common areas... as long as well maintained, it is okay. i dun entertain at home (except close friends) so it doesn't matter whether or not the common areas are posh or not.

workmanship i do agree might be tricky. in that case, subsale is better.
I have seen poorly lit up and cramp lift lobbies. Poorly designed basement or multistorey carparks with lots of blind spots and tight and acute angles.

Quality of the windows/locksets/doors is unknown as well.