PDA

View Full Version : wtf! [video] The real life being a Singaporean

roly8
06-12-12, 08:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-qNMOkl4NQ&feature=youtu.be

so true!
me 30 yr old and kena affected so deep..

i can't imagine how my younger peers going to survive ..:beats-me-man:

phantom_opera
06-12-12, 08:34

so true!

you are young with 300k, higher flyer than me when I first started, still cannot survive, looks like I must have plan B for my son liao ;)

roly8
06-12-12, 08:40
you are young with 300k, higher flyer than me when I first started, still cannot survive, looks like I must have plan B for my son liao ;)

standby a condo for your son lor..
:D:D

phantom_opera
06-12-12, 08:50
standby a condo for your son lor..
:D:D

that is why condo demand is still high despite dizzying psf, Dr Ng bought 2 SOHOS at The Hillier, our Laguna bought ECO for son ... simi CMs also cannot stop rich parents from booking ahead :scared-3:

and this is not just Singapore, China / HK even worse ... the gravity is shifting to Asia where sooner or later rich PMETs from US/Europe will fight with you for a condo

hyenergix
06-12-12, 21:26

so true!

Going to get a lot more expensive next year.

dtrax
06-12-12, 21:32
I SCREAM ICE-CREAM!

price
06-12-12, 21:34
I SCREAM ICE-CREAM!
what does this mean?

dtrax
07-12-12, 00:33
see the last part of the video... AH BBBBBBB

dtrax
07-12-12, 00:34
what does this mean?

wakakaka is a phrase in my own terminology illustrating the extent/seriousness of a certain subject/topic in question

Shanhz
07-12-12, 02:28
this video soooo funni.. basically sums up everything doesn't it

bsslang
07-12-12, 06:06
I will be worried if many of our our next gen thinks like him. More Like a spoilt rat whinning...a wedding with over 1k per table, over a million $ house? Prob only for young chap who has too high Expectation after given everything e best by parents..anyway just a show la.

hyenergix
07-12-12, 06:15
I will be worried if many of our our next gen thinks like him. More Like a spoilt rat whinning...a wedding with over 1k per table, over a million $ house? Prob only for young chap who has too high Expectation after given everything e best by parents..anyway just a show la.

The concerns are real. Unfortunately inflation will drive prices out of reach for a large portion of fresh (ite/poly/uni) grads in the next few years. I can't see how prices can come down, but I can see the strong forces driving them up. This will increase the lower and upper-class gap, and makes it harder for lower income group to catch up.

Shanhz
07-12-12, 08:01

some things are optional - eg: if you dun wanna $1k/table (in fact now it's about 1.2-1.5k), you can hold it in a 3 star hotel on a weekday. maybe cheaper. chinese restaurant dun make sense becoz the attendees will just give you smaller angpao.

house... maybe compromise and get a cheaper one, but minimum still 300-400k.

but beyond this whining issue, it is indeed true that costs have been going up. last time fresh grad in accounting 2k/mth. now i think 2.8k/mth. but comparing HDB, the rise is from 200k to 350k. both % wise and quantum rise is unproportional increase.

roly8
07-12-12, 08:24
The concerns are real. Unfortunately inflation will drive prices out of reach for a large portion of fresh (ite/poly/uni) grads in the next few years. I can't see how prices can come down, but I can see the strong forces driving them up. This will increase the lower and upper-class gap, and makes it harder for lower income group to catch up.

like that how i get married?

me want to go depression liao. :scared-3:

phantom_opera
07-12-12, 09:34
lai liao lai liao ... hot money keeps flowing into China-A, HSI and STI :D

hyenergix
07-12-12, 10:11
like that how i get married?

me want to go depression liao. :scared-3:

Tot u have $300k already. Dun waste time tcss here..go n meet more real girls :p

phantom_opera
07-12-12, 11:30
Tot u have $300k already. Dun waste time tcss here..go n meet more real girls :p

He needs to spend 200k on a posh car first :p

roly8
07-12-12, 12:23
bro, me will never buy car in sg ..
not worth it at all

unless................

you got too much cash... eg. billionaire

:o

hyenergix
07-12-12, 12:31
bro, me will never buy car in sg ..
not worth it at all

unless................

you got too much cash... eg. billionaire

:o

It depends on what you need the car for - for recreational, for work or for family. Getting a car now is equivalent to wiping off $150k from your $300k savings with immediate effect, not to mention the maintenance cost. You are in a catch 22 situation - neither rich nor poor at your age.

roly8
07-12-12, 12:47
You are in a catch 22 situation - neither rich nor poor at your age.

:(:(

:nuked:

focus
07-12-12, 13:18
If you go HDB Hub and see the showflats at level 3.. you will realised .. it is actually very comfortable living for even the 3-5bedroom units for a couple and a kid.

and I think as long as the couple is degree holders, they will have no problem living in singapore comfortably and affordability is not an issue.

Only concern are those O levels and dip. holders. So maybe the person in the show is not a degree holder? Those are the segment the govt must help.. though I also think they are providing lots of grants to offset.

Actually.. I move from HDB to condo..and now i find my HDB the best! :) BIG BIG BIG..

roly8
07-12-12, 13:51
why as a singaporean, i must sux up to the lousy location + smaller unit (compare to older flat) + high cost hdb flat?

:scared-5::scared-5:

it is like 1 way road ...not much choice for me. :o

price
07-12-12, 13:58
and I think as long as the couple is degree holders, they will have no problem living in singapore comfortably and affordability is not an issue.

Only concern are those O levels and dip. holders. So maybe the person in the show is not a degree holder? Those are the segment the govt must help.. though I also think they are providing lots of grants to offset.

You should tell irisng that :) because he / she feels that fresh grads should be helped

minority
07-12-12, 14:27

so true!

Well my time I save n save go buy a pair of Levis for $70. My Mum scream at me she say she go par sa buy last time is only $10-$20. I go eat mac donal or kentucky then 1 meal $4.5. My mum complain say why so expensive we young people go eat. During her time 50cent a bowl of noddle. we should go market eat noodle only $1.5 - $2! why pay so much for Mac eat bread!!!

during her time etc etc. During then I think siao! ur time n my time how to compare! so when my mum ask me again how much is my Armini jeans when which cost me $120 then. I say $30 bucks.

Now... My kids tell me his/her jeans is $200 or AX jeans $350. I say knn siao ah.. last time I pay $50 only! they tell me go Subway or Carls junior min $7-9. Go c show is $11 I also say Siao ah.. last time I see show only $3.5! $2.5 those wood chair 1.!

then suddenly hor.... I remember what I say to my parents those many many yrs back........

Inflation is here to stay and it is nothing u can fight. You just have to work with it.

To me its unfair to say this is a singaporean problem. Inflation is a fact of life everywhere in the world. Thats how capitalism work. Dont like? Go north korea communist. lor. everybody same food vouchers!

minority
07-12-12, 14:33

This is the Strawberry generation....

roly8
07-12-12, 14:55
Well my time I save n save go buy a pair of Levis for $70. My Mum scream at me she say she go par sa buy last time is only $10-$20. I go eat mac donal or kentucky then 1 meal $4.5. My mum complain say why so expensive we young people go eat. During her time 50cent a bowl of noddle. we should go market eat noodle only $1.5 - $2! why pay so much for Mac eat bread!!!

during her time etc etc. During then I think siao! ur time n my time how to compare! so when my mum ask me again how much is my Armini jeans when which cost me $120 then. I say $30 bucks.

Now... My kids tell me his/her jeans is $200 or AX jeans $350. I say knn siao ah.. last time I pay $50 only! they tell me go Subway or Carls junior min $7-9. Go c show is $11 I also say Siao ah.. last time I see show only $3.5! $2.5 those wood chair 1.!

then suddenly hor.... I remember what I say to my parents those many many yrs back........

Inflation is here to stay and it is nothing u can fight. You just have to work with it.

To me its unfair to say this is a singaporean problem. Inflation is a fact of life everywhere in the world. Thats how capitalism work. Dont like? Go north korea communist. lor. everybody same food vouchers!

haha..yea..must live with it la..
:(
:banghead:

chestnut
07-12-12, 14:59
This is the Strawberry generation....

Bro, every generation will have a strawberry generation... I am very sure your parents thot you were the strawberry gen. Cannot take hardship !!! Unlike your dad... Hahahaha and Now we feel that way of our kids...

This has to do with affluency... You dont see this in rural Indo or Philippines.

minority
07-12-12, 15:49
Bro, every generation will have a strawberry generation... I am very sure your parents thot you were the strawberry gen. Cannot take hardship !!! Unlike your dad... Hahahaha and Now we feel that way of our kids...

This has to do with affluency... You dont see this in rural Indo or Philippines.

hah hah so true... my parents then dont have strawberry analogy.. call us spoil kids never see war, never eat tree bark before, never 3 meal eat tapioca with porridge . When I go army my unlce say we ah kua peng.. his time the uniform can stand by itself coz all starch up. etc.

now I see the Y or Z generation as sotfies who expect everything to be spoon fed. everything is a given. HDB, PAY $ , Holiday , comfort army etc everything in life are a expected as given. either expect parent to hand out or government to hand out.

how true to look back in time to draw some parallel. hah hah

roly8
07-12-12, 16:01
hah hah so true... my parents then dont have strawberry analogy.. call us spoil kids never see war, never eat tree bark before, never 3 meal eat tapioca with porridge . When I go army my unlce say we ah kua peng.. his time the uniform can stand by itself coz all starch up. etc.

now I see the Y or Z generation as sotfies who expect everything to be spoon fed. everything is a given. HDB, PAY $ , Holiday , comfort army etc everything in life are a expected as given. either expect parent to hand out or government to hand out.

yea...current generation people don't know how tough it was back then..
sometimes, you may take thing for granted too easily.. :o

chestnut
07-12-12, 16:33
Bro, when I was doing my reservist, my final income a few years back. I went back OCS and got a shock. Bunk air con. 2 or 1 to a room, cadets walking around returning goods after exercise, taking their own bloody time. They see me also never greet and salute. Wah piang. I nearly fainted. I recalled - hey, that wasn't like this during my time :confused: :confused:

I went back and thot, hey, the new warfare is so different.... No more fibua, etc... All technology man, so physical is secondary.... Brains is the key...

Olden days, generals charge in front to lead the way. Today, generals stay at the back for command and control...

Bro, times have changed and we need to change along to be up to date. I don't know how old are u, but I definitely changed. I don't tell my kids all that my parents said to me... I use different tact. Old ways don't apply... I accept them for what they are and bring them up to the best they can....

Last time was fight for survival... We saw our parents struggle. Today, the kids don't see us struggle (minimal odd job laborer).

Food for thot.:D