PDA

View Full Version : Iskandar Malaysia exceeds expectations

vboy
05-12-12, 09:34
Iskandar Malaysia exceeds expectations

The Star/Asia News Network
Wednesday, Dec 05, 2012
JOHOR BARU - Iskandar Malaysia is exceeding expectations as a dynamic growth corridor by attracting huge investments in various sectors.
The latest include seven projects involving investments totalling about RM46 billion (S$18 billion).
Among them are the creation of a motorsports city, nanotechnology-based industries, mixed development areas, development of prime water front property, a trade and exhibition centre, communications and ICT infrastructure and a global innovation centre.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak witnessed the signing of the deals during the World Islamic Economic Forum (WIEF) at the Persada Convention Centre and the Danga Bay Convention Centre yesterday.
The rising interest in Iskandar, launched in 2006, is expected to thrust the corridor's growth beyond the RM100 billion mark for investments by the end of the year.
When asked about the total achieved so far, Najib, who is also Finance Minister, said: "The figures look very encouraging and I will be make a special announcement on Dec 11."
He said many of the WIEF delegates were impressed with what they saw and were excited when taken on a helicopter tour of the area.
"Iskandar is creating a lot of interest and excitement. This can be seen through the new trends, including the fact that many Singaporeans are now opting to stay here and travel to Singapore for work.
"There are also Singaporean students who travel here daily to attend Malborough College. This has never happened before," he said after the forum.
He said the attractions within Iskandar including Legoland Malaysia and Johor Premium Outlets contribute to its image as a vibrant and exciting region.
After witnessing the signing of the sales and purchase agreement for the 22ha waterfront land in Danga Bay between China's Country Garden Holdings Co Ltd and Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd, Najib said due credit should be given to the Barisan Nasional Government for its vision in launching Iskandar Malaysia.
He said the RM1 billion land purchase by Country Garden, the biggest investment by any investor from China from one of Forbes list of 50 top companies in Asia, reflected deep confidence in the dynamism of Malaysia and Johor.
He said investors also noted that Johor was much bigger than Iskandar, citing the Pengerang Oil and Gas developments, the Desaru mega tourism and resort projects.
According to the Iskandar Regional Development Authority, the corridor had received RM99.79bil cumulative committed investments in various sectors, with RM42 billion or 43 per cent realised as of September this year.
Of the total, 63 per cent were from domestic investors.
Iskandar Malaysia is located in south Johor covering 2,217 sq km three times bigger than Singapore and two times the size of Hong Kong.

Rysk
15-01-13, 20:36
But seriously, I am very curious to know how is the traffic condition from Johor to S'pore via 2nd Link say between 6am to 7am for both M'sia custom & S'pore custom.. Is it very jam?

hyenergix
15-01-13, 21:16
But seriously, I am very curious to know how is the traffic condition from Johor to S'pore via 2nd Link say between 6am to 7am for both M'sia custom & S'pore custom.. Is it very jam?

Best is u do sampling during normal weekday for holiday n non holiday over a mth using e LTA cameras on line. My sense is traffic shd b quite packed in 2-3 years time as Iskandar picks up e pace. Now it seems quite okay from feedback at other forums.

Rysk
15-01-13, 22:00
Best is u do sampling during normal weekday for holiday n non holiday over a mth using e LTA cameras on line. My sense is traffic shd b quite packed in 2-3 years time as Iskandar picks up e pace. Now it seems quite okay from feedback at other forums.
Though it maybe a crazy idea.. but for those planning to stay Johor & travel by car to S'pore to work/sch everyday during peak hours, best is go on the actual ground to try out esp. on weekdays.
Maybe by commuter bus thru bus lane will be faster

hyenergix
15-01-13, 22:03
Though it maybe a crazy idea.. but for those planning to stay Johor & travel by car to S'pore to work/sch everyday during peak hours, best is go on the actual ground to try out esp. on weekdays.
Maybe by commuter bus thru bus lane will be faster

LTA video cams r good, cheap n practical to get ur info at e comfort of ur house. If e links r too smooth, what wld happen?

Rysk
15-01-13, 22:17
LTA video cams r good, cheap n practical to get ur info at e comfort of ur house. If e links r too smooth, what wld happen?

LTA video cams can check both side custom traffic condition??

I have been using my iphone Trafficam SG to check before I decide to travel up north via 2nd link. But only can view S'pore side.. whether M'sia side jam or not totally won't know :(

minority
16-01-13, 00:00
u trust the news from STAR?.....

later see stars.....

hyenergix
16-01-13, 05:18
u trust the news from STAR?.....

later see stars.....

Juz go to e iskandar website. The stats r there. Looking at e changes on e ground, there seems to b some basis.

hyenergix
16-01-13, 05:21
LTA video cams can check both side custom traffic condition??

I have been using my iphone Trafficam SG to check before I decide to travel up north via 2nd link. But only can view S'pore side.. whether M'sia side jam or not totally won't know :(

I usu choose to go up during off peak so I can't really give u accurate info..try asking e guys in Sammyboy forum.