PDA

View Full Version : An outlook on the condos in the area ; potential price inequality?

leslens
25-11-12, 20:39
Here are my personal observations over the last 3 years and ? the development of a potential price inequality, wondering what you guys think ?

1. bukit timah road/dunearn road
New estates
floridian/cascadia/jardin going between 1600-1900psf
generally i would rank jardin>=floridian>cascadia

Old estates
tessarina, nexus, sterling, maplewoods, blossomvale
all transacting 1400psf there abouts on average

2. jalan jurong kechil
signature park 1000++ psf
terrene 1300++ psf
apartments (w/o condo facilities) charisma view, grand regency, grand chateau have transacted at 1050++ psf

3. hillview area
im very surprised that symphony heights/summerhill have transacted 1200-1300psf ( in my opinion , over-valued )

this is the first price inequality :beats-me-man:

4. now u would notice that the shall i say neglected stretch along upperbukit timah road with
Springdale/Southaven/Bukit regency

this area is transacting 1000+
(same as jalan jurong kechil and ?lower than hill view area)
what do u guys think?

this area should be valued at 1100-1200psf :cheers4:

upsides and advantages

1. MRT 600m, southaven is probably the most walkable :p
not possible at jalan jurong kechil, upslope and very far in hill view
2. Amenities (food across the road -> cheong chin nam road vs railmall and none at jalan jurong kechil) :cheers5:
3. No ERP (compare this to hillview) :cool:
4. Nature? pros and cons :D
5. Better location (more central closer to the bukit timah stretch) :cheers1:

would be looking at these condos with great interest
intrinsic value should see higher transacted caveats soon

what do u guys think?

im personally vested in this area
am looking for more bargains

leslens
25-11-12, 20:45
Now microscopically looking

bukit regency is perhaps too run down for most people with a rather bland facade and the general feel i get is that the condo is not well maintained with poor interior furnishes

springdale has two exits which is great but its pool are swimming with monkeys
have to buy high floor :scared-1:

southaven needs a new paintjob but does not have monkey issues
and slightly nearer to amenities and future MRT (beauty world)

dtrax
25-11-12, 20:46
Have you heard of "no horse run"? That is what my frend told me, psf run so fast until no horse run. If you think psf price is high then it probably is, I dont think anyone here will convince you otherwise depending on whether he is bear or bull mode. Even I tell u, jln jurong kechil will upz old FH in that area, you also enter at your own risk. So unless you wanna chase psf, make sure you have enough buffer. If you are looking for bargains at this time, you seriously need to do alot of homework/scouting and network with agents provided you can get the bargains fast enough. If you wanna get tons of real bargains, I think both of us will know when the time comes

Mary Lee
26-11-12, 08:23
upsides and advantages

1. MRT 600m, southaven is probably the most walkable :p
not possible at jalan jurong kechil, upslope and very far in hill view
2. Amenities (food across the road -> cheong chin nam road vs railmall and none at jalan jurong kechil) :cheers5:

Some condos at jalan jurong kechil and toh tuck road are within walking distance to beauty world mrt and cheong chin nam road. Terrene is only a short walk away.

Trigger
26-11-12, 10:28
4. now u would notice that the shall i say neglected stretch along upperbukit timah road with
Springdale/Southaven/Bukit regency

this area is transacting 1000+
(same as jalan jurong kechil and ?lower than hill view area)
what do u guys think?

I grew up in this area. Springdale/Southaven/Bukit regency is a little far to walk to the future beauty world mrt with no shelter at all. What would be interesting is to see how the bt.timah shopping centre/beauty world plaze and centre is going to be redeveloped after the mrt is up. These malls are old school and in disrepair and i can see a developer coming in to spruce everything up once there is increased traffic from the mrt. Those condos you mentioned might then benefit from this.

mm63
26-11-12, 15:20
This assumption that there will be increased traffic once the MRT is up...are there any real world examples? I read news reports that Holland Village shop owners were complaining that the expected increase in traffic never came even after the Holland Village MRT was up.

I grew up in this area. Springdale/Southaven/Bukit regency is a little far to walk to the future beauty world mrt with no shelter at all. What would be interesting is to see how the bt.timah shopping centre/beauty world plaze and centre is going to be redeveloped after the mrt is up. These malls are old school and in disrepair and i can see a developer coming in to spruce everything up once there is increased traffic from the mrt. Those condos you mentioned might then benefit from this.

Trigger
26-11-12, 16:01
This assumption that there will be increased traffic once the MRT is up...are there any real world examples? I read news reports that Holland Village shop owners were complaining that the expected increase in traffic never came even after the Holland Village MRT was up.

This is of course just an assumption. Even if other examples are quoted, it will still remain an assumption as the examples do not then turn this into a fact. However, its also a chicken and egg thingy. The increased traffic will come, assuming the developer builds something worth coming for.

Shanhz
26-11-12, 19:04

becoz holland V is atas place. where got pple take MRT to holland V one... :doh: :doh:

or maybe what they mean is holland V already so hot.. so MRT or no MRT, also so hot. of coz no increase in traffic lah

leslens
26-11-12, 20:06
Some condos at jalan jurong kechil and toh tuck road are within walking distance to beauty world mrt and cheong chin nam road. Terrene is only a short walk away.

i live here since i was a kid

southaven/springdale u can cross the road and u are at cheong chin nam road
mrt is about 600m away

the condos at jalan jurong kechil, terrene signature park are further away from these areas

leslens
26-11-12, 20:20
now now

1. Hillview area
(symphony and summerhill caveats transacted have broken 1250psf
2. Jalan jurong kechil
Signature park (u should see caveats breaking 1150psf, should be lodged in soon)
3. springdale/bukit regency/southaven at 1050psf
assuming 1+2 hold their psfs, this region should see a boost

of course, these are just my 2 cents
im vested in the area higher up
now can only afford lower down areas
im sure im not the only one looking at these areas

anyone has any insider info on the prospects of beauty world?

leslens
26-11-12, 20:22
Have you heard of "no horse run"? That is what my frend told me, psf run so fast until no horse run. If you think psf price is high then it probably is, I dont think anyone here will convince you otherwise depending on whether he is bear or bull mode. Even I tell u, jln jurong kechil will upz old FH in that area, you also enter at your own risk. So unless you wanna chase psf, make sure you have enough buffer. If you are looking for bargains at this time, you seriously need to do alot of homework/scouting and network with agents provided you can get the bargains fast enough. If you wanna get tons of real bargains, I think both of us will know when the time comes

cheers bro, some days i wake up a bull
some days im a bear

also cant decide

today im a mid bull :scared-2:

dtrax
26-11-12, 20:24
cheers bro, some days i wake up a bull
some days im a bear

also cant decide

today im a mid bull :scared-2:

omg split personality! :):)

Kanarazu
26-11-12, 23:18
now now

1. Hillview area
(symphony and summerhill caveats transacted have broken 1250psf
2. Jalan jurong kechil
Signature park (u should see caveats breaking 1150psf, should be lodged in soon)
3. springdale/bukit regency/southaven at 1050psf
assuming 1+2 hold their psfs, this region should see a boost

of course, these are just my 2 cents
im vested in the area higher up
now can only afford lower down areas
im sure im not the only one looking at these areas

anyone has any insider info on the prospects of beauty world?

Based on master plan 2008 there should be a medical care center or hospital site there. Maybe plastic surgery @ beauty world?

leslens
27-11-12, 10:54
Based on master plan 2008 there should be a medical care center or hospital site there. Maybe plastic surgery @ beauty world?

just checked out
that site is too small for a hospital/comm hospital
a medical centre or polyclinic looks likely
beauty world is still commercial
its the small plot of land across beauty world

future hospitals already in the plan in CCK/Woodlands maybe
Jurong in 2015, NUH

leslens
19-12-12, 18:11
Well
Springdale and bukit regency have now hit1100 psf
Expect price to climb and hit resistance of 1250-1300 end 2013

Expect hill view to already hit resistance of 1200

Expect signature park to hit resistance of 1200
Surrounding apts to hit resistance 1150

Expect bukit Timah road nexus sterling maple price resistance 1500-1600

See if I'm right end 2013

samuelk
20-12-12, 21:09
If only they revamp Beauty world stretch. Else the whole place is worst then people park:doh:

dtrax
20-12-12, 21:12
Well

soon a soon

henryhk
22-03-13, 22:57
Well

See if I'm right end 2013. anybody got any idea when garment will announce how they going to make use of the railway land for Green Corridor? And when is the new master plan 2013 be out?

DC33_2008
22-03-13, 23:07
Chief planner of URA said end of the year. :rolleyes:
. anybody got any idea when garment will announce how they going to make use of the railway land for Green Corridor? And when is the new master plan 2013 be out?

henryhk
22-03-13, 23:19
So long to wait.... U mean both news?

Wild Falcon
16-08-13, 10:40
I propose you pay a visit to those condos at Southhaven and Spingdale before commenting instead of just looking at caveats and location. Cheaper than some condos in Hillview for good reason. Location is one thing, the development should also be well maintained and finishing of decent quality. And it's quite a long walk to Beauty World and the monkey problem is persistent. Also some of the condos there is 99LH. Also Signature Park side probably can never walk to any MRT.

henryhk
17-08-13, 11:58
If garment would propose the Hume park mrt station last time, prices at the hillside, Springdale will 'spring', but too bad, not easy to off shoot without the station in less than 300 m...... hillview station condos like Glendale park, hillview heights, hillview peak, will still be the most sought for....

yowetan
17-08-13, 13:59
If garment would propose the Hume park mrt station last time, prices at the hillside, Springdale will 'spring', but too bad, not easy to off shoot without the station in less than 300 m...... hillview station condos like Glendale park, hillview heights, hillview peak, will still be the most sought for....

Hillview peak, and the hillview condo(s) have limited upside.

DTL is just a line, and that novelty of having a transportation line is nothing to shout about.

Look at Hillview Peak, it is becoming a PIG.

mygeemeel
17-08-13, 15:15
Calling bro Regulator. Do u agree hillview (ur condo near hillview) got no upside?

henryhk
17-08-13, 18:41
YT, I want to hear from you how low psf you think will hillview peak go in 2 years time? If you cant convince anyone, then don't any how shout like a mad bitch!

ecimbew
17-08-13, 19:04
Hillview will blossom when downtown line opens.

leslens
22-08-13, 22:04
I propose you pay a visit to those condos at Southhaven and Spingdale before commenting instead of just looking at caveats and location. Cheaper than some condos in Hillview for good reason. Location is one thing, the development should also be well maintained and finishing of decent quality. And it's quite a long walk to Beauty World and the monkey problem is persistent. Also some of the condos there is 99LH. Also Signature Park side probably can never walk to any MRT.

location is one big thing, obviously better without erp
springdale and southaven are 999 years not 99
maintainence of both condos are very average, showings of its age of a 13+ year old establishment
monkey problem is not existent in southaven but persistent in springdale (i know the area well)
walk to beautyworld is about 400m from southaven and 500-600 for springdale
Signature park has better maintainence, same age but better upkeep, location wise inferior

back to my previous estimates
largely right...
u can check the latest transactions

leslens
27-12-13, 20:09
Well

update of the area

springdale/bukit regency/southaven has not reached target of 1250-1300
resistance at 1150-1200 psf

hillview has hit target resistance of 1200 as has signature park

maplewoods / sterling resistance at 1500
nexus resistance at close to 1600

not bad leh my predictions
80% zhun

GOING FORWARD

i anticipate.... a SLIDE
springdale/bukit regency/southaven TO REMAIN UNCHANGED 1000-1150psf

Hill review to regress to 1000-1100 psf
sterling/maple woods to regress to 1300-1400 psf
nexus to regress 1400-1450psf

SEE If im right June 2014 :)

mm63
31-12-13, 13:14
update of the area

springdale/bukit regency/southaven has not reached target of 1250-1300
resistance at 1150-1200 psf

hillview has hit target resistance of 1200 as has signature park

maplewoods / sterling resistance at 1500
nexus resistance at close to 1600

not bad leh my predictions
80% zhun

GOING FORWARD

i anticipate.... a SLIDE
springdale/bukit regency/southaven TO REMAIN UNCHANGED 1000-1150psf

Hill review to regress to 1000-1100 psf
sterling/maple woods to regress to 1300-1400 psf
nexus to regress 1400-1450psf

SEE If im right June 2014 :)

I think springdale/bukit regency/southaven will be more susceptible to price pressures. Hillview and Sterling/Maplewoods areas will be able to hold their prices better given the upcoming MRT.

samuelk
15-08-14, 16:40
Now that it's Aug 2014. Any updates worth considering. Looks.like upper.bk Tim ah still in the affordable range.