PDA

View Full Version : Another GURU 2cent prediction...

radha08
23-11-12, 19:46
My PropertyGuru
(http://forums.condosingapore.com/)
(http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/shortlist)
(http://forums.condosingapore.com/)
[/URL][URL="http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/11/34693/private-home-sales-predicted-to-drop-in-2013"]Private home sales predicted to drop in 2013 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)

Nov 23, 2012 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

http://cdn-sg1.pgimgs.com/images/icons/table_add.gif Comment (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/login?redirect=http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/11/34693/private-home-sales-predicted-to-drop-in-2013) http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/icons/email_go.gif E-mail to friend (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/11/34693/private-home-sales-predicted-to-drop-in-2013#) http://cdn-sg1.pgimgs.com/images/icons/share.gif Bookmark & Share (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php)
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/f/5/a/c/f5ac3e29217978_1_V235.jpg By Andrew Batt (https://plus.google.com/107901202781486211443/about):
The number of private home sales in Singapore could drop by more than 20 percent in 2013 after “spectacular” increases this year.

David Neubronner, Head of Residential Project Sales for Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), issued the warning this week, suggesting that the number of sales this year, which is expected to reach 22,000 units, will correct to “more healthy levels of about 16,000 units” in a worst-case scenario.

In an exclusive interview with The PropertyGuru, he said: “Put in perspective the jump this year, from 15,800 in 2011 to probably 22,000 by the end 2012, has been spectacular. We believe this is not sustainable moving forward and should correct next year."

“In the worst scenario, we estimate the market to correct to the healthy levels of about 16,000 units which were achieved in 2010 and 2011. This is taking into account the anticipated economic slowdown in 2013, clampdown on residency and employment of foreigners.”

Neubronner is also not ruling out a further wave of government cooling measures. He said: “The possibility is always there as long as the buying continues. Based on the recent robust sales volumes and concerns of market foaming, there is always the possibility of another round of measures to take the steam out of the market.”

Neubronner predicts that landed property sales will remain resilient given the limited supply and perennial demand, along with the general aspiration of Singaporeans to upgrade to a landed property. The luxury segment has seen sales volume and values declining over the past year and, according to Neubronner, should bottom out any time soon.

“We anticipate a recovery next year given the values and opportunity on offer,” he added.

The mass and middle market segments are expected to see most of the correcting in 2013, he said, adding that these sectors have been running up rapidly over the past year.

Neubronner also expects the proportion of foreign buyers, which now stands at roughly 20 percent, to stabilise. He said: “Singapore will continue to attract foreign buying interest for a million reasons and we believe the series of measures introduced over the past years will more likely subdue the Singaporeans appetite than the foreigners.”

Neubronner concluded by saying: “Although sales volume will decline, we expect prices to stabilise next year. The fundamentals, like a stable economy with high employment, low interest rates, a robust leasing market in the suburban areas and the overall bullish sentiments, are still strong and we do not see these changing in 2013.”

DKSG
24-11-12, 17:13
This is the problem when people dont need to be responsible for what they say... they just say anything that gets them on the headlines.

These are the same analysts who predicted that property prices will plunge 30% in 2012 after the CM5 which included the 10% ABSD for foreigners.

At most we should ignore these people.

So far, my prediction is better than this chap ... if u check my posts since 2011 and early 2012, I predicted that prices will move up abt 1% every month/quarter and so far it is spot on. They should give me some award, I think.... Something like Best Property Office Boy award!

DKSG

proud owner
24-11-12, 17:16
So what's your prediction going forward?

This is the problem when people dont need to be responsible for what they say... they just say anything that gets them on the headlines.

These are the same analysts who predicted that property prices will plunge 30% in 2012 after the CM5 which included the 10% ABSD for foreigners.

So far, my prediction is better than this chap ... if u check my posts since 2011 and early 2012, I predicted that prices will move up abt 1% every month/quarter and so far it is spot on. They should give me some award, I think.... Something like Best Property Office Boy award!

DKSG

carbuncle
24-11-12, 17:23
Drop in numbers could only mean prices UP UP UP since we not reach 6mil target yet.

teddybear
24-11-12, 19:51
They will sure not give you any award because they are discouraging people to buy properties lah! They would prefer you keep money in CPF and in the banks or buy unit trusts or insurance or their bonds or endowment... Create jobs for bankers, insurance agents, fund managers etc, provide cheap money to all their companies, investments, ... :p
If follow what you said, cannot lah! :ashamed1:

DKSG

DKSG
24-11-12, 23:42
Eeerrmmm ... I didnt encourage people to buy properties.

I am neutral. People who wants to buy should buy, people who feel like selling should sell.

There are always people who think that property prices would drop x% by 20xx. Then these people better dont buy lor !

DKSG

Alan Tam
25-11-12, 00:11
So what's your prediction going forward?

I agreed with DKSG. Buy within your mean...

Anyway, the reason why so many people are still buying bcos of Singaporean ( for EC ) are :-

1) Just pure rich and no where to spend their money.
2) Interest rate are very very low now, only 1%
3) Inflation rate at % to 5% each year, and labour and materials cost went up so much.
4) For their kids.
5) No other better investment choice.

Ringo33
25-11-12, 01:42
It is a combination of push and pull factors that is making people to buy property. And Singaporeans are not alone in this region.

Main push factor is that inflation is so high while deposit rate rate is so low.Anyone holding huge amount of cash saving would want to diversify their saving into assets to hedge against inflation. Gap between bank deposit and inflation is around 4 to 5%, paper money include S$ is slowly losing its shine. If fact, it has been quite sometime that analysts or financial advisers are talking about CASH IS KING.

The pull factors will of course be interest rates and healthy rental yield

carbuncle
26-11-12, 09:52
Eeerrmmm ... I didnt encourage people to buy properties.

I am neutral. People who wants to buy should buy, people who feel like selling should sell.

There are always people who think that property prices would drop x% by 20xx. Then these people better dont buy lor !

DKSG

Office Boy. Chance to upgrade yourself.

Real Estate Analyst
Huttons Asia Pte Ltd
North-East
To support our expansion, the Huttons Real Estate Group is looking for motivated individuals to grow with us.
Responsibilities:
Maintain databases of real estate information, for both local and selected foreign markets
Source for necessary information to support research work
Analyze data to provide insights to assist in planning and marketing activities
Keep abreast of latest developments and provide regular updates
Prepare tables and charts for presentation
Ad-hoc duties as assigned
Requirements:
Diploma in Real Estate or Economics
Good familiarity with the local real estate market
Relevant working experience will be preferred
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
Good English Communication skills – both written and verbal
Bilingual; able to liaise with English & Mandarin speaking personnel
Independent, with good initiative, responsible and a team player
Have a proactive and positive work attitude with good analytical and interpersonal skills
Singaporean or Malaysian PR preferred

Interested applicants, please email full resume, including current and expected salaries, reason for leaving and availability date to [email protected]

cheerful
26-11-12, 09:55
It is a combination of push and pull factors that is making people to buy property. And Singaporeans are not alone in this region.

Main push factor is that inflation is so high while deposit rate rate is so low.Anyone holding huge amount of cash saving would want to diversify their saving into assets to hedge against inflation. Gap between bank deposit and inflation is around 4 to 5%, paper money include S$ is slowly losing its shine. If fact, it has been quite sometime that analysts or financial advisers are talking about CASH IS KING.

The pull factors will of course be interest rates and healthy rental yield

But another school of thought on deflation actually advocates CASH IS KING moving forward (predicting of coz & not wait till it happens).

DC33_2008
26-11-12, 10:06
I am sure a lot of the people here are qualified if not over-qualified for this position.
Office Boy. Chance to upgrade yourself.

Real Estate Analyst
Huttons Asia Pte Ltd
North-East
To support our expansion, the Huttons Real Estate Group is looking for motivated individuals to grow with us.
Responsibilities:
Maintain databases of real estate information, for both local and selected foreign markets
Source for necessary information to support research work
Analyze data to provide insights to assist in planning and marketing activities
Keep abreast of latest developments and provide regular updates
Prepare tables and charts for presentation
Ad-hoc duties as assigned
Requirements:
Diploma in Real Estate or Economics
Good familiarity with the local real estate market
Relevant working experience will be preferred
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
Good English Communication skills – both written and verbal
Bilingual; able to liaise with English & Mandarin speaking personnel
Independent, with good initiative, responsible and a team player
Have a proactive and positive work attitude with good analytical and interpersonal skills
Singaporean or Malaysian PR preferred

Interested applicants, please email full resume, including current and expected salaries, reason for leaving and availability date to [email protected]

Amber Woods
26-11-12, 10:29
SINGAPORE: During a "Our Singapore Conversation" dialogue session, national development minister Khaw Boon Wan said Singapore has the ability and resources to meet the demand for more HDB flats.

Housing was one of the hot issues at the dialogue at Sembawang Group Representation Constituency (GRC).

The question posed at the session was: what kind of Singapore would you like to have in 2030?

More than 300 residents participated in the dialogue.

Ellen Lee, the Member of Parliament (MP) for Sembawang GRC said: "There are groups who are concerned about housing; on how can they afford housing for their children. Of course these are issues that will have to be thrashed out, because it's a question of expectation as well."

In response, Mr Khaw assured Singaporeans there will be more than enough HDB flats to accommodate the rising demand.

In the last two years, the government had built about 25,000 flats a year - with 2012 breaking the record for the largest supply of Build-To-Order (BTO) flats in a year, he said.

The BTO system was introduced in 2002.

Next year, at least 20,000 more flats will be built.

Mr Khaw, who is also a MP for Sembawang GRC, added this figure exceeds the number of first-time marriages per year in Singapore - which is about 15,000.

He said even if Singapore's birth rate increases, the number of new flats will be able to accommodate the increased demand.

Another concern raised by participants was the affordability of flats.

The minister said that prices of resale flats are high because there is still an imbalance between supply and demand, but he is confident that prices will adjust within the next few years.

Apart from housing, participants also discussed the values that are important to Singapore.

eng81157
26-11-12, 12:24

Anyway, the reason why so many people are still buying bcos of Singaporean ( for EC ) are :-

3) Inflation rate at % to 5% each year, and labour and materials cost went up so much.
4) For their kids.

just to add on, if KenoBiWan has to warn developers about the purpose of having ECs, we can be sure that prices aren't going south despite all the CMs

carbuncle
26-11-12, 15:10
I am sure a lot of the people here are qualified if not over-qualified for this position.

not too many have dip in real estate or econs

DC33_2008
26-11-12, 15:29
They just need to know the no. of good investment properties you have and the testimonial from here. People like laguna, Chestnut, Devilplate, etc., will be overqualified.
not too many have dip in real estate or econs

chestnut
26-11-12, 16:31
They just need to know the no. of good investment properties you have and the testimonial from here. People like laguna, Chestnut, Devilplate, etc., will be overqualified.

Bro, that's potentially my retirement part time job leh.... I think waste talent if I don't contribute leh... There is another agenda lah... I share with u when time is ripe... For me, it all about planning... Hahahaha

:cheers6:

DKSG
26-11-12, 20:47
Bro, that's potentially my retirement part time job leh.... I think waste talent if I don't contribute leh... There is another agenda lah... I share with u when time is ripe... For me, it all about planning... Hahahaha

:cheers6:

Retirement then retire properly la ... what for everyday people call you cheongster style ?

You know what is the meaning of being an agent bo ?

Not say you like do what then do what leh ? You think property agent are really "self employed" ar ? They call themselves self employed because no one dare to employ them - too much liabilities.

When customer call, you go get keys, open unit for viewing, spend 45 mins run here run there, client spent 5 mins walk one round and say "oh! so thats how things turn out, quite different from showflat wor" ... then say thank U, and you have to then return the keys.

Seller then chase u for updates, buyer sooo kaaa sooo kaa answer your call, else dont answer ...

Thats a small part of being an agent ...

U sure you want to be one ?

DKSG

chestnut
26-11-12, 21:00
Bro, hahaha... Agree lah... For me, it is not going to be that way.. Very long story la.... Ok lah, I doing it for 1 of my kids. It's like help the kid. Pass the kid the units we have and let her take the rental comm. hey amount on rental quite ok leh... Don't really want to dwell but if don't tell, keep u in suspense...hahaha

I plan too much... So wifey and me will help the kid along the way... Hahaha

DKSG
26-11-12, 21:04
Bro, hahaha... Agree lah... For me, it is not going to be that way.. Very long story la.... Ok lah, I doing it for 1 of my kids. It's like help the kid. Pass the kid the units we have and let her take the rental comm. hey amount on rental quite ok leh... Don't really want to dwell but if don't tell, keep u in suspense...hahaha

I can only say ... you are crippling your kids. Make them grow up with all the help. Maybe thats your way of feeling important to their lives ...

Office Boy usually dont comment on other people's private business. I only talk properties.

DKSG

chestnut
26-11-12, 21:06
I can only say ... you are crippling your kids. Make them grow up with all the help. Maybe thats your way of feeling important to their lives ...

Office Boy usually dont comment on other people's private business. I only talk properties.

DKSG

Bro, u have kids?

DKSG
26-11-12, 21:10
Bro, u have kids?

Big Bro ... this question belongs to the private category ... haha!

Office Boy still young la!

DKSG

chestnut
26-11-12, 21:10

DKSG

Bro, I used to think like u... Then I realized, no one is born equal. When u have kids, u will know... Anyway lets not dwell on this. Lets talk props. Hahaha

chestnut
26-11-12, 21:13
Big Bro ... this question belongs to the private category ... haha!

Office Boy still young la!

DKSG

Good for u... It is always an advantage to start young. I bot my investment unit at 28. Anchorage. Still holding it 18 yrs after top. This 1 damn shiok.... Money spinner and freehold... More than doubled liao...

Shanhz
26-11-12, 21:14
Bro, u have kids?

bro, i have kids. but this is not the way i will bring them up. if i had to give them $$, i will put everything into a trust and give them minimum income. just enuff so they dun go hungry. 爱他变成害他

sorry.. back to props.

proud owner
26-11-12, 21:15
I once saw a program on TV here in NYC , it's a Canadian documentary. I think it's called Hyper Parents and Coddled kids

Its about parents ...can't wait to send the kids to enrichment classes, tuitions,,,,getting into good schools. Etc

Just like in Singapore

The results was ... Over time.. These children grew us, always thinking they are the best, they must be the best, and they lack the inter personal skills which those others kids whose parents didn't send them to such classes possess.

They lack the skill to handle problems, issues and end up a much higher percentage of them suffer depression later in their lives... Cos they never learn to handle failure when they were growing up..

QUOTE=DKSG]I can only say ... you are crippling your kids. Make them grow up with all the help. Maybe thats your way of feeling important to their lives ...

DKSG[/QUOTE]

radha08
26-11-12, 21:18
Bro, hahaha... Agree lah... For me, it is not going to be that way.. Very long story la.... Ok lah, I doing it for 1 of my kids. It's like help the kid. Pass the kid the units we have and let her take the ren: tal comm. hey amount on rental quite ok leh... Don't really want to dwell but if don't tell, keep u in suspense...hahaha

Your a good father...its a dog eat dog world in the
Property mkt especially as an agent...a little support
To help your girl will be a big help to her....afterall
If we dont help our kids who we going to help....
The neighbours kids
:scared-3:

DKSG
26-11-12, 21:20
Good for u... It is always an advantage to start young. I bot my investment unit at 28. Anchorage. Still holding it 18 yrs after top. This 1 damn shiok.... Money spinner and freehold... More than doubled liao...

If I am a chestnut, this property would have long ago become 4 properties lo! One of them confirm will be Queens (and by now would have been sold!).

Think about it lor ... hold long long, confirm can make a lot of money, but spinning it around, lagi confirm can make more!

Office Boy also bought first property when I was 28 leh !!! And now I dont have ANY of the earlier properties I bought, I multiplied them lo!

DKSG

chestnut
26-11-12, 21:20
bro, i have kids. but this is not the way i will bring them up. if i had to give them $$, i will put everything into a trust and give them minimum income. just enuff so they dun go hungry. 爱他变成害他

sorry.. back to props.

Bro, the props belong to my wife and me until last person go, then will distribute.. I agree w u

DKSG
26-11-12, 21:21
Your a good father...its a dog eat dog world in the
Property mkt especially as an agent...a little support
To help your girl will be a big help to her....afterall
If we dont help our kids who we going to help....
The neighbours kids
:scared-3:

You help your kids by teaching them what to do, not giving it to them.
When I was 28, I borrowed $30K from my father to buy property, within 24 months I pay him back all and the rest are history (not too long ago one) lo !

DKSG

Shanhz
26-11-12, 21:22
You help your kids by teaching them what to do, not giving it to them.
When I was 28, I borrowed $30K from my father to buy property, within 24 months I pay him back all and the rest are history (not too long ago one) lo !

DKSG

30k to buy ppty??? wah biang. which era was that? today i hv to borrow 300k from myself to buy ppty. :doh: :doh: :doh:

buttercarp
26-11-12, 21:31
30k to buy ppty??? wah biang. which era was that? today i hv to borrow 300k from myself to buy ppty. :doh: :doh: :doh:

LOL.... I also wanna know.
$30k - what substantial thing can it buy?
Perhaps only a hermes handbag.
I remember my parents telling me that they bought the point block in Bedok South Ave 3 for $30k. That was in 1977.

DC33_2008
26-11-12, 22:05
Bro. W are quite similar. I started at 29 with a FH condo too and already fully paid up with rental income. Still holding onto it now.

chestnut
26-11-12, 22:06

Bro, possible la... Last time got defferred payment...90% loan... Cannot remember if got 100% but definitely have, cannot remember in 1990s or 2000s. So if mm last time 300k, 10% down only 30k.... today worth 700k... So 30k generate 400k... Hhahaha:D

Shanhz
27-11-12, 07:49
LOL.... I also wanna know.
$30k - what substantial thing can it buy?
Perhaps only a hermes handbag.
I remember my parents telling me that they bought the point block in Bedok South Ave 3 for $30k. That was in 1977.

my parents bought their 3 rm flat in toa payoh (2min walk braddell mrt) for $8k in 1976+/-. sold in 1995 for 130k. now dunno how much leow.

Shanhz
27-11-12, 07:50
Bro. W are quite similar. I started at 29 with a FH condo too and already fully paid up with rental income. Still holding onto it now.

wow... 29... i was still dreaming about changing cars. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Shanhz
27-11-12, 07:51
Bro, possible la... Last time got defferred payment...90% loan... Cannot remember if got 100% but definitely have, cannot remember in 1990s or 2000s. So if mm last time 300k, 10% down only 30k.... today worth 700k... So 30k generate 400k... Hhahaha:D

i heard of deferred payment, but how does it work? downpaymt and then no need to pay for 3 yrs?

i only know in 1997 OCBC got lending 110% LTV. not sure abt other banks. those were the days.

last time MM maybe = my SM unit 3BR size.. :doh: :doh:

chestnut
27-11-12, 08:12
i heard of deferred payment, but how does it work? downpaymt and then no need to pay for 3 yrs?

i only know in 1997 OCBC got lending 110% LTV. not sure abt other banks. those were the days.

last time MM maybe = my SM unit 3BR size.. :doh: :doh:

If I provide URL of Singapore property, u will find the predictions all haywire one :

Dips as below
http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My%2BMoney/Property/Story/A1Story20080424-61595.html

DC33_2008
27-11-12, 08:20
I will usually own each car for about 6-8 years. Does not change them so often as it is a liability.
wow... 29... i was still dreaming about changing cars. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Shanhz
27-11-12, 08:41
If I provide URL of Singapore property, u will find the predictions all haywire one :

Dips as below
http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My%2BMoney/Property/Story/A1Story20080424-61595.html

thanks for the link bro.. i guess DPS is solely speculative, and for those who have no holding power and purely buying to flip. removal of DPS probably the pioneer of pioneer for CM

for those who bought in apr-oct 2007 as mentioned in the article.. i think mostly huat until cannot find the way out of the bank leow.

but i guess more of the haywire is due to immigration policies. ceteris paribus, should be quite accurate.

Shanhz
27-11-12, 08:42
I will usually own each car for about 6-8 years. Does not change them so often as it is a liability.

i buy all my cars 2nd hand. that way you avoid 30% of the depreciation leow. of course this was during low COE period. now, any car you buy also inflated value. now the best car to buy is those >5 yr old, prices would be more down to earth.

charm
27-11-12, 17:53

4) For their kids.

I'm so agree with you to buy within our mean. I've missed to buy in during 2009 due to many worries...thinking whatif, whatif and now I really felt the pain....:( :(

After waiting for 3 years, I've gathered a little bit more only to know that the property price shot up even higher now :( :(

What makes me so :simmering: is the "Agents" today only targeting at those HNW (high net worth) individual that they don't even seems to be interested on you enquiring about resale property that is below $1mil :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury: :banghead: :banghead:

Estella83
27-11-12, 20:23
Before 2009, need to pay 10%DP of which 5% cash 5 % CPf. 300k plus can buy jurong, woodlands condo lo, IIRC

DKSG
27-11-12, 20:47
Just to clarify ...

$30K is just money I borrowed la! I myself got savings through doing part time work and tuition during uni days and aggressive savings during my first few years at work.

Plus of course, I found out some cheap ways of raising money, so net net only need extra $30K ...

Lets not go into this part of the discussion, its private. Haha!

Now guys tell me .. to sell or not to sell ?

Hahaha!

DKSG

carbuncle
27-11-12, 21:12
I'm so agree with you to buy within our mean. I've missed to buy in during 2009 due to many worries...thinking whatif, whatif and now I really felt the pain....:( :(

After waiting for 3 years, I've gathered a little bit more only to know that the property price shot up even higher now :( :(

What makes me so :simmering: is the "Agents" today only targeting at those HNW (high net worth) individual that they don't even seems to be interested on you enquiring about resale property that is below $1mil :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury: :banghead: :banghead:

then these agents dont need ur business. approach the hungry ones.

carbuncle
27-11-12, 21:13
Just to clarify ...

$30K is just money I borrowed la! I myself got savings through doing part time work and tuition during uni days and aggressive savings during my first few years at work.

Plus of course, I found out some cheap ways of raising money, so net net only need extra $30K ...

Lets not go into this part of the discussion, its private. Haha!

Now guys tell me .. to sell or not to sell ?

Hahaha!

DKSG

property is meant to be bought not sold.

DKSG
27-11-12, 22:34
property is meant to be bought not sold.

Thank you for the advice ...

If sell already can buy 2, worth selling ?

DKSG

carbuncle
27-11-12, 22:59
Thank you for the advice ...

If sell already can buy 2, worth selling ?

DKSG

depends. not if sell an apple to buy two lehmans.

ctng78
28-11-12, 12:05
depends. not if sell an apple to buy two lehmans.

I agreed with both of you.

My current strategy which im doing now. Sold first to buy more.

Malaysia is a good place to invest too. depending on location.:D

ctng78
28-11-12, 12:06
I agreed with both of you.

My current strategy which im doing now. Sold first to buy more.

Malaysia is a good place to invest too. depending on location.:D

And i will try not to sell again...:D

DKSG
28-11-12, 23:08
Tough to talk general strategy here la!

What I am trying to say is that if selling gives u the funds to buy more and get a better rate of return than holding the current one, then sell lor ...

DKSG

chestnut
29-11-12, 06:47
Tough to talk general strategy here la!

What I am trying to say is that if selling gives u the funds to buy more and get a better rate of return than holding the current one, then sell lor ...

DKSG

Bro, agree with u...
Bro, that is an art form on its own....
There are a few things required.

1. To know if the prices will go up...
2. To invest if u believe it will....
3. Suppose prices go up...
4. In your case - to sell and buy 2??
5. We now need to determine if prices will go up?
6. The first few parts on determining if price will go up is already tough for many people...why? Because they do not look at the whole equation from a holistic way. Like economy, population increase, no of Singaporeans who are with privilege banking and above, QE, marriage stats, effect of tourism on home purchase, etc.....
I am not saying prices will continue to go up... I have 'stopped buying' and will only do so if I spot a gem...
7. How to sell one gem and spot 2 gems, that is the question?

Dksg, if u want to sell your 1 and invest in 2, u must believe your 1 has no more upside potential and u have spotted 2 gems...

Another way of looking at it, for your play is to take out a reverse mortgage on your current prop and use it for downpayment of you second property?

I just TCSS today lah... Am in Bangkok now... Nothing to do in hotel...

One more thing, please - no 1 strategy is rite.... It depends on you and your profile...
Some are conservative, some are aggressive...
The aggressive are rewarded very well in upswing.
The aggressive are also punished heavily in downswing.

The typical profile of aggressive people are traders, sales, etc....

So play to your comfort level... Only u know what is the limit... I am out of the game unless I spot a GEM... So maybe I will meet DKSG to hear his gem:D :D

:cheers4: :cheers4:

leftfield
29-11-12, 08:34
Chestnut, need your insights on my situation then. Very specific, not general. :D

I have a fully paid up 15+ FH99 condo that I am staying in. Bought a BUC unit that will be ready by 2014.

Come 2014, when I move into my new place, what shld I do with the existing one?

It's a 1300+ sq ft 3BR unit and rental is approx about 4K.

If I keep it, rental will help with the new purchase. There's literally no need to top with my installments with cash. Will continue to save up for a 3rd one.

If I sell it, I'm looking at perhaps buying a smaller FH unit (can be fully paid by the proceeds) and any leftovers can be the DP for a 3rd unit.

Appreciate all the advice from the gurus here. :ashamed1:

DC33_2008
29-11-12, 09:13
Sell only if you have found a gem. Otherwise, leaving money in the bank will be worst off.

Shanhz
29-11-12, 09:13
Chestnut, need your insights on my situation then. Very specific, not general. :D

I have a fully paid up 15+ FH99 condo that I am staying in. Bought a BUC unit that will be ready by 2014.

If I keep it, rental will help with the new purchase. There's literally no need to top with my installments with cash. Will continue to save up for a 3rd one.

If I sell it, I'm looking at perhaps buying a smaller FH unit (can be fully paid by the proceeds) and any leftovers can be the DP for a 3rd unit.

sorry i not pro like chestnut. my :2cents: worth. if i were you i will not jump the gun. after TOP then slowly think. prices will be different then (up or down). after all price would be your key determining factor in your decision

radha08
29-11-12, 09:45

sorry just to set record straight yours is FH99 condo..is it a HDB flat:D:D...cos i know hdb is FH99 and some like condo...:D:D:D

chestnut
29-11-12, 10:13
Sell only if you have found a gem. Otherwise, leaving money in the bank will be worst off.

U have provided the answer.... :D :D

Finding the gem is the issue...

chestnut
29-11-12, 10:23
Left field, if your TM unit is 40% cheaper than new launches, please don't sell... Got somemore upside potential... But only and only if everything remains constant and there is no recession.... U must also look at the relative location to the new launches... I not familiar with TM, so even if u name the condo, I blur...

If your rental 4k and fully paid, u getting 40k nett a year after deducting everything... U want to throw it away? After 10 year, it will be 400k man... But again, it really depends on your mode of play... Yield or capital? If u can spot like dksg, I think u go cap gain... If u cannot find, stick to yield until u find a gem....

There are many solid people here... They just state 1 sentence and u figure it out... I elaborate because sometimes I think people find it hard to really visualize in their minds... So u all need to grow up fast to catch this people meaning... They are damn good and complex... Just 1 statement speaks volume... Learn to read, ok, guys....

When MM pass a statement, he expects u to understand, if not he feels he you are wasting his time... Sorry, I no some will get fed up w my answer, but it is a reality of life...

This forum, u must decipher the good 'advise' and incorporate in your game plan.... Cheers

:cheers4:

chestnut
29-11-12, 10:28
sorry i not pro like chestnut. my :2cents: worth. if i were you i will not jump the gun. after TOP then slowly think. prices will be different then (up or down). after all price would be your key determining factor in your decision

Bro, u are a pro in your own rites... I tell u honestly... I have made so many mistakes in my life and not all investments I go in make money... Some losses ok.... Overall, must make money, that is the important one... I hope u take this concept with u in your strategy.... Make sure your losses are less then your gains for each year... That's the way to play - at least for me... If every investment u make money... U have the Midas touch... Hahahaha..

Cheers

Shanhz
29-11-12, 10:32
Bro, u are a pro in your own rites... I tell u honestly... I have made so many mistakes in my life and not all investments I go in make money... Some losses ok.... Overall, must make money, that is the important one... I hope u take this concept with u in your strategy.... Make sure your losses are less then your gains for each year... That's the way to play - at least for me... If every investment u make money... U have the Midas touch... Hahahaha..

Cheers

hahah, all trying to be humble. actually.. yah lah, if someone told me investment only gain no loss, i will be worried for him. because he will be over-confident and one day will lose big. i was burnt playing stocks in yr 2000. after that, learnt one round. 2nd time smarter in 2008, never get burnt, but lost capital and opportunity cost. this time... dunno when the next crisis will come.

chestnut
29-11-12, 10:55
hahah, all trying to be humble. actually.. yah lah, if someone told me investment only gain no loss, i will be worried for him. because he will be over-confident and one day will lose big. i was burnt playing stocks in yr 2000. after that, learnt one round. 2nd time smarter in 2008, never get burnt, but lost capital and opportunity cost. this time... dunno when the next crisis will come.

Bro, u are rite.. The key is spotting the multi bagger...

If u bot in 09 and up 60% today..
Say 1 mil
U down 200,
Today u make 600k.
That is a 3 bagger... Somemore never include rental.... All possible w leverage. Those days are over in my opinion. Why?:confused: :confused:
2 alphabets and a number
CM (number)
Hahahaha...
That's why I say harder to spot gems.... If no cm, today, we are on a bullet train... And on our way to a BIG BUBBLE.
Some hate bubbles, but if u think about it, that's where u make big bucks... But when it pops, the entire economy will spiral down....

With so much money in the market, do u expect inflation or deflation???
I am not going to answer the above question... Each of u will have your own answer.. Hahahahahaha

:cheers2:

leftfield
29-11-12, 11:32

If sell, will of cos buy another. Agree leaving $ in bank is pointless.

Thanks, that's exactly what I am doing now. Anyway, it's 2 years down the road and anything can happen like you said.

sorry just to set record straight yours is FH99 condo..is it a HDB flat:D:D...cos i know hdb is FH99 and some like condo...:D:D:D

Oops, I meant LH99!

Left field, if your TM unit is 40% cheaper than new launches, please don't sell... Got somemore upside potential... But only and only if everything remains constant and there is no recession.... U must also look at the relative location to the new launches... I not familiar with TM, so even if u name the condo, I blur...

If your rental 4k and fully paid, u getting 40k nett a year after deducting everything... U want to throw it away? After 10 year, it will be 400k man... But again, it really depends on your mode of play... Yield or capital? If u can spot like dksg, I think u go cap gain... If u cannot find, stick to yield until u find a gem....

Haha, thanks for the spoon feeding. I only got interested in property over the last few months and has always been only focused on paying off the existing one.

The issue is always about timing and resources (or lack of shld I say). Say if I see something I really like, by the time I put up my unit for sale, market it and complete the sale (if it ever gets sold), the 'gem' is likely long gone!

Shanhz
29-11-12, 12:32
Some hate bubbles, but if u think about it, that's where u make big bucks... But when it pops, the entire economy will spiral down....
:cheers2:

the politicians hate bubbles coz they got bigger prob to solve.

traders love bubbles if it is on the way up.

again, as always, musical chairs.

Shanhz
29-11-12, 12:35
The issue is always about timing and resources (or lack of shld I say). Say if I see something I really like, by the time I put up my unit for sale, market it and complete the sale (if it ever gets sold), the 'gem' is likely long gone!

let's take a back seat and be more zen. if it's meant to be yours, it will be. the gem will still be around if it's meant to be yours.

i came a long way to my recent purchase. many things happened along the way, good and bad. finally the door opened and i just jumped in.

i am an extreme bear on the ppty mkt. i am also extremely risk adverse. i also always advocate opportunity cost. if i had 200k on hand, i would throw it into the resale mkt and start getting my rental income immediately.

yet, i jumped in.

fate, they say.

leftfield
29-11-12, 12:44
let's take a back seat and be more zen. if it's meant to be yours, it will be. the gem will still be around if it's meant to be yours.

i came a long way to my recent purchase. many things happened along the way, good and bad. finally the door opened and i just jumped in.

i am an extreme bear on the ppty mkt. i am also extremely risk adverse. i also always advocate opportunity cost. if i had 200k on hand, i would throw it into the resale mkt and start getting my rental income immediately.

yet, i jumped in.

fate, they say.

That's good advice. Patience is indeed a virtue. I suppose sometimes when u read this forum too much, it does 'inspire' you to want to start your own little property collection up fast!

Life's a lot less complicated if you are buying one for own stay. It took me less than 2 months to search, identify, target and commit on one! ;)

moneytalk
29-11-12, 12:48

yet, i jumped in.

fate, they say.

I believe in fate too. Once I was so close to buying a property but the owner changed his mind at the time of signing the option.
Purchased a freehold landed at a very good price during the crisis. The neighbours told me that I was very lucky. There were 2 buyers who signed the option before me. The first buyer changed his mind and the second buyer couldn't get his loan approved. I was the third buyer to sign the OTP.

proud owner
29-11-12, 12:50

yet, i jumped in.

fate, they say.

indeed hard to spot gems ..

i also believe never chase the money ...let the opportunities come to you ...

somehow it happened to me in 2005/6 ... it just came to me.. within 6 mths i bought 3 properties .. all below 480 psf ..landed and condos...

held and collect rentals...
sold 2 along the way up ... (1 LH condo and 1 FH PH) ..
use the proceeds to pay up the landed .. so now loans free ..
still have cash for potential gems .. and still collecting rent ..

i almost bought a semi D 3600 sqft land in 2010 aug .. just 2 weeks before a CM .. for only 765 psf at D16 ...

i viewed via skype .. a friend took her laptop and viewed on my behalf .. and skyped with me in NYC .. i went ahead and put my deposit..

my rep was at seller's lawyer office to do the paper work ..
but it didnt go thru cos seller sold to another buyer who 'promised' 50k higher than me .. when he couldnt even make it to the lawyers office .. let alone see the cheque ..

i was so pissed .. and let it go ..

it was a gem but it wasnt meant to be mine ..
its probably worth 3.5 mio now or more ... but ..well i wouldnt chase ..

radha08
29-11-12, 13:01

yet, i jumped in.

fate, they say.

you bought a BUC property right..:)

Shanhz
29-11-12, 13:34
you bought a BUC property right..:)

yah, that's why i said fate. advocate resale but buy BUC. even my friends who know me well said it is very very unlike me. and it wasnt because i buy cheap on preview day. i bought only after 70%-80% sold out.

dtrax
29-11-12, 13:36
That's good advice. Patience is indeed a virtue. I suppose sometimes when u read this forum too much, it does 'inspire' you to want to start your own little property collection up fast!

Life's a lot less complicated if you are buying one for own stay. It took me less than 2 months to search, identify, target and commit on one! ;)

my sibei humble advise is that hard work is required and u need to fight 2 wars.
1. put ur LH99 unit out in ur market first to test water to see if you can get an attractive offer. By attractive, this would mean that the priced offered would probably get 3% yield in today's market [or apply watever formula you think is deem as "too gd to reject"]
2. 2nd battle in this current market is you need to spend time to look for gems. This one i cant advise but even if you have the location you are targeting but if price is not right, still cant buy. U need to network with agents or contact your trustworthy/hardworking agent to do the work for you. Opportunities will not come knocking in your door at this time, the day it comes is when Ah B shouts no 50% no buy comes true.

Hardwork is the key, u need to spend some effort because even if you get a gd offer but no gems, also hard to decide. Because if you fought one winning battle, one might end up like shouting day n night property dropping 50% which is very detrimental to health lol :scared-1:

http://davidwoodier.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Oil_Painting_A_Black_Gallop_Horse.jpg

Lovelle
29-11-12, 13:40
so many gurus here.

i think the cms are here for good. Without the cm there might be negative consequences as well. it is better to "cheong" slowly then bullet train then no brake.

better to clear the weak holder and small fish who like to timed the mkt. This will prevent 97 scenario where all became sellers and no buyer

gems can be found if DPS is back. Do u think it will be here soon ? personally, i don't think so soon. remember 2008 ? developer has learnt their lesson...

leftfield
29-11-12, 13:41
Sell at good price, cannot find gem headache.

Find gem, cannot sell, also headache. :doh:

DC33_2008
29-11-12, 13:51
Should be able to sell if you sell just slightly below the valuation price and your unit is reasonably good.
Sell at good price, cannot find gem headache.

Find gem, cannot sell, also headache. :doh:

proud owner
29-11-12, 13:54
so many gurus here.

i think the cms are here for good. Without the cm there might be negative consequences as well. it is better to "cheong" slowly then bullet train then no brake.

better to clear the weak holder and small fish who like to timed the mkt. This will prevent 97 scenario where all became sellers and no buyer

gems can be found if DPS is back. Do u think it will be here soon ? personally, i don't think so soon. remember 2008 ? developer has learnt their lesson...

agree

but the problem now is that the developers are the ones thats Cheonging their launch price ...and theres no CM to control them ..

Shanhz
29-11-12, 13:57
agree

but the problem now is that the developers are the ones thats Cheonging their launch price ...and theres no CM to control them ..

this is not the devp problem. this is buyer prob leh. if price too high, buyer also not willing to pay what. CM already filtered out the small fish. if big fish still want to buy, why stop them..

DC33_2008
29-11-12, 13:57
Why need to cool them if there is demand? Garment always like to leave it to market forces. Just like Pinnacle.
agree

Lovelle
29-11-12, 14:02
this is not the devp problem. this is buyer prob leh. if price too high, buyer also not willing to pay what. CM already filtered out the small fish. if big fish still want to buy, why stop them..

i think this problem is good for resale mkt. At the moment, many buyers are still blindly cheonging new launch because of "New", "Progressive Payment", etc..

however, i believed the correlation between new launch and resale will be closer and closer in gap as there no more "flipping" can be done. As an investor or home buyer there are many benefits of buying resale at the current mkt:

- moved in immediate
- immediate rental
- can feel and see

what do u think ?

radha08
29-11-12, 14:22
yah, that's why i said fate. advocate resale but buy BUC. even my friends who know me well said it is very very unlike me. and it wasnt because i buy cheap on preview day. i bought only after 70%-80% sold out.

cheers story of my life i bought when 97% sold out...:D:D:D

Dont look back bro..look forward..lets move on...:cheers4:

Shanhz
29-11-12, 15:45
i think this problem is good for resale mkt. At the moment, many buyers are still blindly cheonging new launch because of "New", "Progressive Payment", etc..

however, i believed the correlation between new launch and resale will be closer and closer in gap as there no more "flipping" can be done. As an investor or home buyer there are many benefits of buying resale at the current mkt:

- moved in immediate
- immediate rental
- can feel and see

what do u think ?

end of the day, it depends on your investment objective.

if it's a long term type, then yes - buy resale, immediate income, long term capital appreciation (slowly but still surely) and rental to finance the purchase. if FH, better still. if LH, have to weigh the pros and cons and potential depreciation (or i would call it reduced rate of appreciation).

short term or speculative - BUC better (of course, you have to read the direction of the mkt), but bear in mind 4 year lock-in.

personally i belong to long term type of investor, so resale is my preference. immediate returns, get your tenant, sit back and relax.

Shanhz
29-11-12, 15:46
cheers story of my life i bought when 97% sold out...:D:D:D

Dont look back bro..look forward..lets move on...:cheers4:

wah bro, high-5 man.
you and i are one kind. haha...

newbie11
29-11-12, 16:29
i think there are gems in the resale mkt. where? pls do homework.

i also think there will be more better-priced units. i believe some buyers are impatient (not necessarily weak holding power) due to poor yield, slow gains and increasing rates. whether u consider it as gem, is up to individual. some may regard 5% discount as gem.

ultimately, it's your conviction to sell a in-the-money unit and buy again at this junction.

Lovelle
29-11-12, 21:38
burlington square goin at $1300 psf for 2 bedder , rental at $3800. definitely a gem...there are plenty if one were to do homework

chestnut
30-11-12, 07:15

Bro, check with the bank if u can take some "ready credit" on your existing property. It is loan on equity but will be charged interest only if u use the cheque. Since your property is already fully paid, u can talk to a few banks... So when u spot a gem, u can use this facility.
Check with the bank if this is possible now. I know this was allowed in the past.
:cheers1:

sh
30-11-12, 07:34
end of the day, it depends on your investment objective.

if it's a long term type, then yes - buy resale, immediate income, long term capital appreciation (slowly but still surely) and rental to finance the purchase. if FH, better still. if LH, have to weigh the pros and cons and potential depreciation (or i would call it reduced rate of appreciation).

short term or speculative - BUC better (of course, you have to read the direction of the mkt), but bear in mind 4 year lock-in.

personally i belong to long term type of investor, so resale is my preference. immediate returns, get your tenant, sit back and relax.

Agreed. buy resale with existing tenant even better... fully furnished, no agent fees, immediate rental income, all expenses tax deductable (not 1st lease) etc....:cheers4:

I even bought a resale unit off plan (no viewing since it's tenanted). The lease has since been renewed and it's 2 years now and I haven't even stepped into the unit....:confused:

Shanhz
30-11-12, 07:35
Bro, check with the bank if u can take some "ready credit" on your existing property. It is loan on equity but will be charged interest only if u use the cheque. Since your property is already fully paid, u can talk to a few banks... So when u spot a gem, u can use this facility.
Check with the bank if this is possible now. I know this was allowed in the past.

with deposits awash, banks are quite liberal with their unsecured credit.. getting up to 100k is no problem at all. of course interest rate anything from 0%-6%pa.

that can tide over while approving any equity loan, etc. more imptly, this will not flout any MAS rules on using equity loan for ppty purchase. :tongue2:

of coz, as per SAF, you can do anything, dun get caught

chestnut
30-11-12, 07:51
with deposits awash, banks are quite liberal with their unsecured credit.. getting up to 100k is no problem at all. of course interest rate anything from 0%-6%pa.

that can tide over while approving any equity loan, etc. more imptly, this will not flout any MAS rules on using equity loan for ppty purchase. :tongue2:

Bro, I spoke with my bankers and they never say anything about flouting the rule leh?
This rule people say, very new to me... Even mortgage broker newbie11 say OK.

leftfield
30-11-12, 07:56

I have thought about this before but just plain lazy to go ahead with the plan.

Time to call my mortgage banker to see what they can offer!

So far the rules only apply to mortgages, nothing on equity loans. YET! :rolleyes:

chestnut
30-11-12, 08:41
I have thought about this before but just plain lazy to go ahead with the plan.

Time to call my mortgage banker to see what they can offer!

So far the rules only apply to mortgages, nothing on equity loans. YET! :rolleyes:

Bro, when u check, let me know... I interested to know...:cheers4:

Shanhz
30-11-12, 08:45
Bro, I spoke with my bankers and they never say anything about flouting the rule leh?
This rule people say, very new to me... Even mortgage broker newbie11 say OK.

bro, whether got official b&w from MAS, i never bother to chk. when i signed my LO, my banker did say cannot use equity loan to pay for ppty purchase. and in the application form, there is a little box which ask you to declare what is the source of your $$$ to pay for the downpayment, etc. this could be anti-money laundering. but it could also be to make sure you declare it is from savings. of coz everybody sure say from savings lah. more for the bank cover their backside in case kenah audit.

East Lover
30-11-12, 08:54
burlington square goin at $1300 psf for 2 bedder , rental at $3800. definitely a gem...there are plenty if one were to do homework
i'm confused... $1200 psf 2 bedder rent at $3800, consided good yield? OCR new 2 bedder is this range of rental but lower psf leh.... for rental yield, die die need to be CCR/RCR FH??

Lovelle
30-11-12, 09:07
i'm confused... $1200 psf 2 bedder rent at $3800, consided good yield? OCR new 2 bedder is this range of rental but lower psf leh.... for rental yield, die die need to be CCR/RCR FH??

i think now hard to find already, everyone asking 1500 and rental is abv 4k...
2mths ago still have...

but in terms of rentability, these places will not gv u vacant period for too long...

chestnut
30-11-12, 09:15

Sis, lovelle got good price for rcr.... :cheers4:

East Lover
30-11-12, 09:43
Sis, lovelle got good price for rcr.... :cheers4:
he said no more liao :cool: now everyone is asking 1500psf and 4k abv hahaha :D

newbie11
30-11-12, 09:54
will you buy a unit for investment where rental only cover installments?

Shanhz
30-11-12, 10:09

if instalment at 5% interest rate, and can afford to plonk 40% downpayment, yes

Lovelle
30-11-12, 10:16

40% downpayment, u can have + cashflow

newbie11
30-11-12, 10:23
At 5%, I doubt there is decent units at todays sale prices that can cover rental, assuming rental stay at today's rates

Shanhz
30-11-12, 10:24
At 5%, I doubt there is decent units at todays sale prices that can cover rental, assuming rental stay at today's rates

yah, that's what i mean. so answer: no lor.
too risky.

chestnut
30-11-12, 10:28

Bro, rental rate always higher than mortgage interest rate...
Look at Singapore, Malaysia,Indonesia, Bangkok, Australia,...

Can name me a few countries that is not like this?:confused:

Serious... It willbe an interesting... So far, only have stats for the above few countries.

Shanhz
30-11-12, 10:29
Bro, rental rate always higher than mortgage interest rate...
Look at Singapore, Malaysia,Indonesia, Bangkok, Australia,...

Can name me a few countries that is not like this?:confused:

Serious... It willbe an interesting... So far, only have stats for the above few countries.

bro u talking about good times, or bad times? or average times?

Lovelle
30-11-12, 10:30

everybody has been asking when interest rate will go to 5% for upmteen times...

must remember, it must go to 2% first, 3 % ....then 5%

leftfield
30-11-12, 10:34
everybody has been asking when interest rate will go to 5% for upmteen times...

must remember, it must go to 2% first, 3 % ....then 5%

For as long as I can remember in my working life, interest rates have never hit 5%.

Not saying it won't but just an observation.

chestnut
30-11-12, 10:36
bro u talking about good times, or bad times? or average times?

Ave times...

Good times, don't even border about yield, look at cap gains enough. Bad time, pray to god u can service the loan w/o tenant.

Always prepare for worst case scenario.

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

If not, don't go in.... Expect the unexpected.

chestnut
30-11-12, 10:39
For as long as I can remember in my working life, interest rates have never hit 5%.

Bro, it did in the 90s... I was involved... But my rental still can cover mortgage... Only during recession, than I folk out cash because rental cannot cover...

Shanhz
30-11-12, 10:52

1987 to 2012 (SIBOR Yearly)

END OF PERIOD INTERBANK 3-MONTH
1987 3.13
1988 5.38
1989 5.63
1990 4.81
1991 3.00
1992 2.31
1993 3.31
1994 4.38
1995 2.56
1996 3.13
1997 6.75
1998 1.88
1999 2.75
2000 2.81
2001 1.25
2002 0.81
2003 0.75
2004 1.44
2005 3.25
2006 3.44
2007 2.38
2008 1.00
2009 0.69
2010 0.44
2011 0.38

Average of the above: 2.7%

So i guess my 5% abit too high. use 3% enuff.

newbie11
30-11-12, 12:25
Add spread will be 4-5%

Shanhz
30-11-12, 12:49
Add spread will be 4-5%

my spread is about 0.8%. not sure long term wise, what is the average spread.

Lovelle
30-11-12, 13:13

how old are u ?

newbie11
30-11-12, 14:23
my spread is about 0.8%. not sure long term wise, what is the average spread.
i mean after adding spread to avg sibor 2.7%, it will be 4-5% eventually. home loan spreads is increasing. now spread for yr4 onwards is abt 1 to 1.25%.. assuming sibor jumped double, int rate will be 2% in 2016. i suppose still consider low?

leftfield
30-11-12, 14:29
how old are u ?

Wow, that was to the point. Not young anymore lah. :D

Shanhz
30-11-12, 14:42
i mean after adding spread to avg sibor 2.7%, it will be 4-5% eventually. home loan spreads is increasing. now spread for yr4 onwards is abt 1 to 1.25%.. assuming sibor jumped double, int rate will be 2% in 2016. i suppose still consider low?

My spread is 0.8%.. So all in is about 1.1%. We have transparent historical sibor info, but i tink no such info on historical spread. If we have that, then basically we can for sure know what is the "correct" average interest rate to flex for in our calculations.

Lovelle
30-11-12, 14:44
Wow, that was to the point. Not young anymore lah. :D

who knows you are in 30s

leftfield
30-11-12, 14:50
who knows you are in 30s

Haha, let's just say still have > 20 productive working years!

Far away from retirement like many gurus here!!!

Rein
02-12-12, 12:49
Why need to cool them if there is demand? Garment always like to leave it to market forces. Just like Pinnacle.

Gahmen just wants to prevent any market crash from causing the ordinary Singaporeans financial distress and public unhappiness

Big boys can afford to take the risk - they got holding power