PDA

View Full Version : La Fiesta @ Sengkang

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

4wheels
24-05-13, 20:23
As of April 2013, 497 units were sold. Which means still have 313 more units to go.

good luck to the developer.

I heard from news there is a higher return units in April, should be from various projects.

Violinbite
25-05-13, 00:07
good luck to the developer.

I heard from news there is a higher return units in April, should be from various projects.

Return units? Meaning backout from buyers? So what's the penalty these buyers have to bear?

Btw, I m 41 this year, bought a full sz 3-bedder in La Fiesta. Actually, in some way I m caught in no-time to think situation on the 11th Jan when deciding the purchase due to coming CM 7. Just checking in general opinion from you guys; is it a better move to keep my existing HDB 4A in S'goon Nth for future rental to cover mortgage for La Fiesta? Or, waited out through with CM 7 for price correction to do the next purchase in the future? It happens that my HDB will be fully paid up just before La Fiesta TOP, and actually also due to the fact at the moment, if I did not manage do the purchase before the CM 7, I wasn't able to afford to do the purchase at all due to lower LTV and hefty ABSD (sigh..). Was a bit concern if the pricing is high or so..

Appreciate you folks input.

yowetan
25-05-13, 00:13
Return units? Meaning backout from buyers? So what's the penalty these buyers have to bear?

Btw, I m 41 this year, bought a full sz 3-bedder in La Fiesta. Actually, in some way I m caught in no-time to think situation on the 11th Jan when deciding the purchase due to coming CM 7. Just checking in general opinion from you guys; is it a better move to keep my existing HDB 4A in S'goon Nth for future rental to cover mortgage for La Fiesta? Or, waited out through with CM 7 for price correction to do the next purchase in the future? It happens that my HDB will be fully paid up just before La Fiesta TOP, and actually also due to the fact at the moment, if I did not manage do the purchase before the CM 7, I wasn't able to afford to do the purchase at all due to lower LTV and hefty ABSD (sigh..). Was a bit concern if the pricing is high or so..

Hi... how much do you pay for the unit. What's the sqft?

Violinbite
25-05-13, 00:59
Hi... how much do you pay for the unit. What's the sqft?

It is 1001 sqft (93sqm) 3-bedder. $1.127mil

Xan
25-05-13, 06:15

It's a blessing if you are buying before CM7 because buying a property after CM 7 is more painful with absd and lower LTV.
If u decide to buy after cm 7, u probably buy nothing at all for the rest of your life since u r now 41 and the loan tenure will b to your disadvantage.
A 3 bedder in la fiesta at 1.12mil is still not that gruesomely overprice if u like that area and with amenities e.g mall, mrt, shops etc.

yowetan
25-05-13, 07:40

Hi... Thanks for the information.

I think it would be better that you keep your existing hdb, for rental purpose or future purpose.

You will never know when you may moving back.

On contrary, La Fiesta upon ccompleition - you may consider to sell off if 4 years SSD has fufilled. You probably earn. Move on from there and get a better condo.

ulrich76
25-05-13, 12:43

I think a 4A HDB old type is about 108sqm and has no balcony? Pardon me but it is effectively a downgrade in terms of living space. IMHO, I think you should study the floor plan carefully to see whether your family can comfortably fit into the new place at LF. If not, maybe can rent out

Violinbite
25-05-13, 22:03
I think a 4A HDB old type is about 108sqm and has no balcony? Pardon me but it is effectively a downgrade in terms of living space. IMHO, I think you should study the floor plan carefully to see whether your family can comfortably fit into the new place at LF. If not, maybe can rent out

Hi to all that responded to my postings. Thanks for some for your sound opinions and encouragement. Indeed, my current HDB 4A is the largest floor size available as 4-room flat in Singapore. It is 113 sqm. It comes with a unusually large squarish balcony of 9 sqm, which I convert it into a room (thus I have in some sense 4 usable bedrooms). My wife and I couldn't bear to sell this flat away. It was a hard find in my days when I bought it as a resale flat. Currently, I have only one kid and my spouse. In some way, planning in moving into La Fiesta is liken 'downsizing' in floor area, but that may also mean lesser housework for my spouse as we don't have a maid.

It was very true by Xan(?), that if i did not purchase La Fiesta before CM7, we could not afford it by now. Initially, I was thinking of getting a 2-bedder for renting/investment purposes, but my friend/agent suggested that it will be better to get a 3-bedder if I would want to give ourselves an option to move there (but that goes of course with the financial ability for the extra stretch that I can still bear). Kind of no turning back for now.. One of the main reason to buy La Fiesta and not wait was that - if I stay in HDB, it remain a 'frozen' asset with no rental returns, but moving into another property, allow me to release the rental potential of the HDB while financing La Fiesta with the rental, but that subject us running into rental risk factor.

Some suggested that since my flat has more usable spaces, it will make more investment returns to multi-tenanting it in future when La Fiesta is ready. I was thinking single-family tenants, but not sure if it is easy to find such tenancy base for HDB rental. Is this true?

Today papers just mentioned Jewel@Buangkok will be around $1250psf, early bird will be $1150psf. Just wondering if La Fiesta a better buy in comparison to Jewel by location?

Xan
25-05-13, 22:07
Hi to all that responded to my postings. Thanks for some for your sound opinions and encouragement. Indeed, my current HDB 4A is the largest floor size available as 4-room flat in Singapore. It is 113 sqm. It comes with a unusually large squarish balcony of 9 sqm, which I convert it into a room (thus I have in some sense 4 usable bedrooms). My wife and I couldn't bear to sell this flat away. It was a hard find in my days when I bought it as a resale flat. Currently, I have only one kid and my spouse. In some way, planning in moving into La Fiesta is liken 'downsizing' in floor area, but that may also mean lesser housework for my spouse as we don't have a maid.

It was very true by Xan(?), that if i did not purchase La Fiesta before CM7, we could not afford it by now. Initially, I was thinking of getting a 2-bedder for renting/investment purposes, but my friend/agent suggested that it will be better to get a 3-bedder if I would want to give ourselves an option to move there (but that goes of course with the financial ability for the extra stretch that I can still bear). Kind of no turning back for now.. One of the main reason to buy La Fiesta and not wait was that - if I stay in HDB, it remain a 'frozen' asset with no rental returns, but moving into another property, allow me to release the rental potential of the HDB while financing La Fiesta with the rental, but that subject us running into rental risk factor.

Some suggested that since my flat has more usable spaces, it will make more investment returns to multi-tenanting it in future when La Fiesta is ready. I was thinking single-family tenants, but not sure if it is easy to find such tenancy base for HDB rental. Is this true?

Today papers just mentioned Jewel@Buangkok will be around $1250psf, early bird will be $1150psf. Just wondering if La Fiesta a better buy in comparison to Jewel by location?

Amenities wise la fiesta is better.
I guess your la fiesta is slightly cheaper than jewel or equivalent.

kane
25-05-13, 22:48
Haven't beed to la fiesta but jewel's finishing isn't that special.

Strangely, for a 2 bed, i saw a washing machine in the common toilet?

yowetan
26-05-13, 12:29
Hi...is La Fiesta showflat still available?

Violinbite
26-05-13, 17:30

No. Show flat is down and piling works started

4wheels
26-05-13, 22:09

I remember I saw it still open yesterday.

Violinbite
26-05-13, 22:34
I remember I saw it still open yesterday.

Maybe I might have mistaken. I saw the show flat was empty with no shoes at all. Looks empty. Perhaps it was closed on a particular day....

Violinbite
26-05-13, 22:40
I heard that Jewel@Buangkok had collected 650 cheques for preview. 616 units, a complete sellout possible? Haha... Minimum is $618k. It puzzled me why these people wouldn't consider La Fiesta, cheaper by slight margin and more amenities. After all it is really a short distance apart by cycling standard..?

Xan
26-05-13, 22:51
I heard that Jewel@Buangkok had collected 650 cheques for preview. 616 units, a complete sellout possible? Haha... Minimum is $618k. It puzzled me why these people wouldn't consider La Fiesta, cheaper by slight margin and more amenities. After all it is really a short distance apart by cycling standard..?

This is call 喜新厌旧.
Anyway, I feel both very similar.
La fiesta wins on amenities, but I prefer baungkok's surrounding environment.

kane
27-05-13, 00:11
how is EL Developments finishing in their past projects?

Violinbite
27-05-13, 09:04
This is call 喜新厌旧.
Anyway, I feel both very similar.
La fiesta wins on amenities, but I prefer baungkok's surrounding environment.

That will be very silly idea to have enter and buy Jewel...haha. After all both Jewel and LF is not even build up yet, so both are new. This is really not buying vegetable in wet market for bargain, it's a PROPERTY and a HOME to many, holding through many years down the road to come, through economic thick and thin. Nevertheless LF in this case should hold better in pricing. That's a good news.:cheers4:

Tek888
27-05-13, 12:27
Maybe I might have mistaken. I saw the show flat was empty with no shoes at all. Looks empty. Perhaps it was closed on a particular day....

They can probably keep the showflat for quite a while as it is sitting on the spot that is meant for the tennis court. Work shouldn't be required until much later

Violinbite
28-05-13, 22:04
Just wonder if is it common nowadays that property investors or condo owners don't actually drive a car or own a car? If they don't own a car, can they use their allotted car park lots to their advantage?

Pikachu1245
28-05-13, 23:57
Just wonder if is it common nowadays that property investors or condo owners don't actually drive a car or own
a car? If they don't own a car, can they use their allotted car park lots to their advantage?

Good idea , probably can suggest to MC to offset / rebate (say $180- $250) from the monthly condo mgt fee by letting others
use their park lot ...lol

Violinbite
29-05-13, 09:15
Good idea , probably can suggest to MC to offset / rebate (say $180- $250) from the monthly condo mgt fee by letting others
use their park lot ...lol

I really think it is a great idea. If govt can use ERP to regulate traffic flow in dollar and cents, I think when LF residences shld form a committee to fairly regulate the usage of car parks. After all, residents with more than a car shld indeed pay more too.

wangwe
31-05-13, 17:23
hi everyone,

am new here. just bought la fes 2-bedder couple of weeks back. looking forward to meeting the neighbours. :D

LaFiesta
31-05-13, 21:59
Hi Violinbite and wangwe

I am new too. Like Violinbite bot one 3 bedded. Compact b4 CM Jan.

LaFiesta
31-05-13, 22:01
hi everyone,

am new here. just bought la fes 2-bedder couple of weeks back. looking forward to meeting the neighbours. :D

How much u bot ur 2 bedded.:)

Violinbite
31-05-13, 23:03
Hi Violinbite and wangwe

I am new too. Like Violinbite bot one 3 bedded. Compact b4 CM Jan.

Welcome welcome wangwe, LaFiesta.

So were you in front or at the back of the queue on 11th Jan? Manage to select before 12am? Which stack was that?

Violinbite
31-05-13, 23:05
hi everyone,

You bought for own stay and not investment? Which stack is your unit? Do they still have many choices left?

wangwe
01-06-13, 00:15
You bought for own stay and not investment? Which stack is your unit? Do they still have many choices left?

greetings. i would say both. bought for own stay (staying alone), and maybe to rent out the other room. will see how things go.

my stack is stack 35. from what i remembered, for the tea garden facing 2br units, there were only a handful of units left (i think 4-5?). for my stack, there were only 2 floors left by the time i got it.

my unit costs 899k. 753sft.

i was considering the 3BR compact but the initial downpayment was a bit too much for me/family.

kopisi
02-06-13, 17:01
greetings. i would say both. bought for own stay (staying alone), and maybe to rent out the other room. will see how things go.

my stack is stack 35. from what i remembered, for the tea garden facing 2br units, there were only a handful of units left (i think 4-5?). for my stack, there were only 2 floors left by the time i got it.

my unit costs 899k. 753sft.

i was considering the 3BR compact but the initial downpayment was a bit too much for me/family.

Hey wangwe

899k seems like pretty high, is it high floor? I am wondering will la fiesta price being impact by Jewel?

How much for 3 beds compact?

wangwe
02-06-13, 17:15
Hey wangwe

899k seems like pretty high, is it high floor? I am wondering will la fiesta price being impact by Jewel?

It's actually on the 3rd floor. Those above me were already 900+k (and sold out).

3 bed compact was slightly over a mil. The layout i liked the best (893sft, which is what was shown in the showflat) is 1.02mil on 5th floor on stack 5, which faces the open space of luxurie.

Violinbite
02-06-13, 22:27
Hey wangwe

I think it is fair price for two-bedder under $900k. Maysprings at B.Panjang next to future MRT (270 meter away - further than La Fiesta in distance to MRT) is already transacted $870k as 2-bedder, almost 20 years old. These are the prices nowadays. Look at the 'cheapo' TV ad on Jewel@Baungkok, using 'Latisha' maid by Michelle. 1 bedder at $618k starting, haha..

Violinbite
02-06-13, 22:35
I really find the TV ad on Jewel@Baungkok a flop. CDL is really cheapskate in using people for the ad. Are they trying to feature it very 'neighborhood'? Then I think buy a HDB better. - Or nowadays maid lives a better life than condo owner. They stay in condo; owner pay ABSD; govt really happy...:doh:

kopisi
05-06-13, 00:43
I really find the TV ad on Jewel@Baungkok a flop. CDL is really cheapskate in using people for the ad. Are they trying to feature it very 'neighborhood'? Then I think buy a HDB better. - Or nowadays maid lives a better life than condo owner. They stay in condo; owner pay ABSD; govt really happy...:doh:

I would see the future trend of Singaporean living style will be Condo instead of HDB. HDB will be a entry level for young graduates, PRs, Permit Holders and retired parents. New generation will be mostly staying in Condo especially for double income family to afford monthly mortgage of ~$3k easily.

The leftover Condos near to MRT definitely become HOT CAKEs. I would think La Fiesta will still have potential if you see the future development plan (General Hospital, Nan Chiao Schools -soon to be top school since most residents are both high educated, Sport Complex, Bus Interchange-it could take less time to reach Tampiness,woodlands instead of taking MRT, close to Puggol-for another new era.....) 24 hours NTUc is good to have but doesnt add much credits.

How is the sale of La Fiesta? how many units available? Anyone know the availability of 3 bedroom compact and price range?

Violinbite
05-06-13, 07:31
I would see the future trend of Singaporean living style will be Condo instead of HDB. HDB will be a entry level for young graduates, PRs, Permit Holders and retired parents. New generation will be mostly staying in Condo especially for double income family to afford monthly mortgage of ~$3k easily.

The leftover Condos near to MRT definitely become HOT CAKEs. I would think La Fiesta will still have potential if you see the future development plan (General Hospital, Nan Chiao Schools -soon to be top school since most residents are both high educated, Sport Complex, Bus Interchange-it could take less time to reach Tampiness,woodlands instead of taking MRT, close to Puggol-for another new era.....) 24 hours NTUc is good to have but doesnt add much credits.

How is the sale of La Fiesta? how many units available? Anyone know the availability of 3 bedroom compact and price range?

What you mentioned have some points. Some of the govt organization had already or gradually enter privatization such as public transportation system. Residential housing is no exception (such as DBSS and EC). Moreover, home-grown Singaporeans will eventually been 'dilute' by out by foreigners numbers since our birth rate is very low. What will classified as 'Singaporean' will eventually just foreigners attaining 'paper citizenship' in the future. Since most of these foreign migrants are pretty much affluent, they can buy private property. Though I m not sure what govt going to do with so many HDBs that existed. - likely they may repackaged much to cater to elderly locals with lowered lease like 30 years. Thereafter, they can resell those HDB land parcel for private developers and get them to foot the development and demolishing cost. Also likely in order to justify the huge price difference between newew HDB, resale HDB and private condos, it is very likely in near future, reduce all new HDBs to 60-70 year land lease, while continue giving private condos a 99 year lease. Near MRT condos and HDBs will be expensive as cars are expensive beyond young people's reach.

La Fiesta first phase all sold out as ad on last Sat. So your stack probably all sold. Heard left only about 300 units left

wangwe
17-06-13, 20:22
Does anyone have any updates on the latest sales of la fiesta? And whether there is any increase to the average sale psf?

taggy
17-06-13, 21:02
Does anyone have any updates on the latest sales of la fiesta? And whether there is any increase to the average sale psf?

from URA website:

Sold in the Month of May 2013
Total Number of Units in Project : 810
Cumulative Units Launched to-date : 600
Cumulative Units Sold to-date : 542
Cumulative Units Launched but Unsold : 58
Units Launched in the Month : 0
Units Sold in the Month : 46
Median Price (psf sold in the Month) 1162
Lowest Price ($psf) # in the Month 959
Highest Price ($psf) # in the Month 1239

nickq
17-06-13, 23:21
from URA website:

Sold in the Month of May 2013
Total Number of Units in Project : 810
Cumulative Units Launched to-date : 600
Cumulative Units Sold to-date : 542
Cumulative Units Launched but Unsold : 58
Units Launched in the Month : 0
Units Sold in the Month : 46
Median Price (psf sold in the Month) 1162
Lowest Price ($psf) # in the Month 959
Highest Price ($psf) # in the Month 1239

the sales of the unit kinda picked up a bit in May...

27-06-13, 17:20
Any idea when will the 10% for foundation be likely called for ??

nickq
27-06-13, 18:22
Any idea when will the 10% for foundation be likely called for ??
Maybe in 8-12 months time?

LaFiestaOwner
29-06-13, 07:06
:doh: I just signed OTP recently... They said perhaps next quarter will be the first 10%. So it is not so long. Die already la, the cooling measure come in. I am hesistating to sign my Sales and Purchase form. May want to forfeit my downpayment. Mine is my only property. :doh: Somemore, I was buying for my family to stay. But now will price tank a lot? They open up new stacks to sell and recently I think sold about 10 units. Stack 53 quite hot, many bought already. But if they are like me, they are going to think is property going to crash... :beats-me-man: I really like La Fiesta but I may have to lose my deposit because these government measures are going to bring abt a crash in price. No, guys, those of you who bought earlier, rest assured, developer did not drop price. But will they do it now. Hard to decide whether to sign or not.

Violinbite
29-06-13, 08:36
:doh: I just signed OTP recently... They said perhaps next quarter will be the first 10%. So it is not so long. Die already la, the cooling measure come in. I am hesistating to sign my Sales and Purchase form. May want to forfeit my downpayment. Mine is my only property. :doh: Somemore, I was buying for my family to stay. But now will price tank a lot? They open up new stacks to sell and recently I think sold about 10 units. Stack 53 quite hot, many bought already. But if they are like me, they are going to think is property going to crash... :beats-me-man: I really like La Fiesta but I may have to lose my deposit because these government measures are going to bring abt a crash in price. No, guys, those of you who bought earlier, rest assured, developer did not drop price. But will they do it now. Hard to decide whether to sign or not.

Hi La fiestaowner,

Who is the person mentioned on the payment for the next 10% as on next quarter (which is less than a year)? Is this reliable? That is pretty soon. Anyway, is the foundation really up yet? I did not visit site for a while.

LaFiestaOwner
29-06-13, 09:57
Hi La fiestaowner,

Who is the person mentioned on the payment for the next 10% as on next quarter (which is less than a year)? Is this reliable? That is pretty soon. Anyway, is the foundation really up yet? I did not visit site for a while.

Hi, i just bought from them snp etc, so mine quite new. Yes, actually, the sooner the better as interest rate is going up soon and we need this to TOP soon to get a fixed rate to protect ourselves. Yes, sales doing quite well. Heng, I do the loan thing already. But I wonder 4 years after TOP, will the loan rate be good for us?

Violinbite
29-06-13, 14:07
Hi, i just bought from them snp etc, so mine quite new. Yes, actually, the sooner the better as interest rate is going up soon and we need this to TOP soon to get a fixed rate to protect ourselves. Yes, sales doing quite well. Heng, I do the loan thing already. But I wonder 4 years after TOP, will the loan rate be good for us?

Hi,

As for me, the later the better.. Paid up 20% and currently rolling my next 20% into the REITs market for more dividend cash returns to 'cushion' the large cash upfront and also in aid my capital build up as this is my third property. If not I need to liquidate the REITs equities a little sooner for the dividend payout across the waiting period towards TOP. You might want to lock in mortgage package from foreign bank that has more attractive rates.

LaFiestaOwner
29-06-13, 14:14
Hi,

As for me, the later the better.. Paid up 20% and currently rolling my next 20% into the REITs market for more dividend cash returns to 'cushion' the large cash upfront and also in aid my capital build up as this is my third property. If not I need to liquidate the REITs equities a little sooner for the dividend payout across the waiting period towards TOP. You might want to lock in mortgage package from foreign bank that has more attractive rates.

Do u notice Reits and Property Stocks were unable to really rally strongly recently? Violinbite. Mine stuck in FD. U borrow 80% also?

29-06-13, 14:29
Hi,

How much of a lead time is usually given before we need to pay up when they call up? Is there enough time to liquidate stock and wait for money to come in ?

LaFiestaOwner
29-06-13, 15:30
How much of a lead time is usually given before we need to pay up when they call up? Is there enough time to liquidate stock and wait for money to come in ?

It depends. Did u loan full 80%? The bank will distribute the cash and if u want to cancel the 10% loan, u still have to pay 1 month interest. So 1 month. Liquidate stocks 5 days get back cash right? But I suggest don't over do it. Market may collapse and u can't sell at the higher price and u incur capital loss although u gain some dividend.

29-06-13, 16:49
It depends. Did u loan full 80%? The bank will distribute the cash and if u want to cancel the 10% loan, u still have to pay 1 month interest. So 1 month. Liquidate stocks 5 days get back cash right? But I suggest don't over do it. Market may collapse and u can't sell at the higher price and u incur capital loss although u gain some dividend.
My loan less than 80%, that's why :eek:

LaFiestaOwner
29-06-13, 17:09
My loan less than 80%, that's why :eek:

Ok. This one I dunno leh. It depends on how fast they do. Norm is 10% soon, then anpther 6 months, 10% etc... I had to take full 80%. So scared the new rules kill me...

LaFiestaOwner
29-06-13, 17:11
I would like to ask a question. How come u all buy La Fiesta and not the Luxurie?

Skyray
29-06-13, 22:43
I would like to ask a question. How come u all buy La Fiesta and not the Luxurie?

Hi guys, I bought an unit in Apr...

When Luxurie was launched, I wasn't looking for a place... When I started planning, La Fiesta was out & it's closer to e MRT Stn... Very simple for me...

Skyray
29-06-13, 22:47
. Anyway, is the foundation really up yet? I did not visit site for a while.

As far as i can see, Foundation not up yet, a lot of cranes & machineries though...

Violinbite
29-06-13, 23:38
Do u notice Reits and Property Stocks were unable to really rally strongly recently? Violinbite. Mine stuck in FD. U borrow 80% also?

Hi LaFiestaOwner,

Recently there was a quite a substantial correction on REITS (and Property counters). My portfolio value has dropped by $50k on paper (not a loss in capital yet as i bought them few years ago) but payout approx. $5k+ every quarter in dividend, which I think far better than FD though risk is slightly higher. But at current corrected price, I think it's a good thing to re-look or for bargain hunting since it has fallen 20%, which translated higher yield of 7-8% per annum on some REITs counters. If it takes two years to call in the next 20%, dividend will be around $40-50k under a straight line projection.

No, I can't loan 80% as it was my third property, in fact I nearly can't buy if not because I manage to beat the CM7 deadline on first day of launch. I secured a 60% LTV loan, otherwise it will be only 40% under CM7 and much higher ABSD of 10%. (How to buy? Must come out over $720k hard cold cash) :doh:

I think if you can pull through in finances, don't exit the purchase as the cost of entering is seeming getting tougher.

Violinbite
29-06-13, 23:58
As far as i can see, Foundation not up yet, a lot of cranes & machineries though...

Then I suppose not so soon calling in the next 10% after the initial 20%. I remember foundation must be laid first.

Violinbite
30-06-13, 00:06

Hi 2824,

If i m not wrong, lawyer will give us 2-4weeks notice to prepare the next 10% call in after foundation work. Should be ok to liquidate stocks in time which is 3-5 days after transaction.

Violinbite
30-06-13, 00:25

Why La Fiesta and not Luxurie?
1) Layout is more efficient in LF. I remember a 2 bedder in Luxurie is almost like a 1+study. The other room can't hold a queens bed.

2) Since paying premium for new development, choose the best unit w best facing if one can afford. No point buy the left-over units after Luxurie been launch so long ago. If they have taken a longer period to clear such units means buyer will face te same issue and might need to sell under greater discount in future.

3) LF still a fraction nearer to MRT with advantage of shelter integration. Nearer to main road for public buses accessibility

LaFiestaOwner
30-06-13, 08:11

Yup, showroom still there and the released stacks are selling. But some really face no good directions. Have not gone there this weekend to look see look see to see how the measures affected it. Should be by 3rd quarter for the 1st payment, must start asap, as interest rates will be moving north soon after Ah Ben stops QE.

LaFiestaOwner
30-06-13, 08:14
Hi LaFiestaOwner,

Recently there was a quite a substantial correction on REITS (and Property counters). My portfolio value has dropped by $50k on paper (not a loss in capital yet as i bought them few years ago) but payout approx. $5k+ every quarter in dividend, which I think far better than FD though risk is slightly higher. But at current corrected price, I think it's a good thing to re-look or for bargain hunting since it has fallen 20%, which translated higher yield of 7-8% per annum on some REITs counters. If it takes two years to call in the next 20%, dividend will be around $40-50k under a straight line projection.

No, I can't loan 80% as it was my third property, in fact I nearly can't buy if not because I manage to beat the CM7 deadline on first day of launch. I secured a 60% LTV loan, otherwise it will be only 40% under CM7 and much higher ABSD of 10%. (How to buy? Must come out over $720k hard cold cash) :doh:

I think if you can pull through in finances, don't exit the purchase as the cost of entering is seeming getting tougher.

I am also waiting to buy Reits to balance up... But if interest rates rights, be prepared for rights issue etc.. I also wonder whether to pay back loan asap or try the stock market. Wah, $50000 dividend, no kidding, your capital is much better than mine...

Skyray
30-06-13, 10:02
Think the next 10% will be ard beginning next year... Be prepared...

LaFiestaOwner
30-06-13, 10:26
Think the next 10% will be ard beginning next year... Be prepared...

Good la, interest rate low... Let them collect as much as possible first.

taggy
30-06-13, 10:40
Good la, interest rate low... Let them collect as much as possible first.

I think should be, the earlier teeth collect means, the faster will be completion date, the earlier to get keys :cool:

proxon
30-06-13, 12:30

How do you tell whether the foundation is up?
Is there an objective definition or is it something the developer arbitrarily makes a call?

LaFiestaOwner
30-06-13, 14:48
I think should be, the earlier teeth collect means, the faster will be completion date, the earlier to get keys :cool:

Yup, hope the finishing is ok. 1st year can repair FOC... Nowadays simple reno also $30000... Man, really inflation...

wangwe
30-06-13, 20:22

1. Didn't like the layout of the 2-bedroom in Luxurie.

2. When I first saw the Luxurie, I felt that its price was too high for Sengkang compared to some other locations that I saw.

3. Didn't like the finishes in Luxurie as much.

LaFiestaOwner
30-06-13, 22:20
High^5 LF owner,

i also bought. why i invested. cheap la..

1. MRT - 85m
2. LRT - 85 m (1 station to punggol)
3. Interchange - 85m
4. Mall - 85m
5. Foodcourt - 85m
6. Polyclinic - 350m
7. Future General Hospital - 600m
8. 2 Wet Market - 180 m / 950m
9. 2 Food Centre - 180 m / 950m
10. CC - 450m
11. TPE/KPE/SLE/CTE - 2mins-6mins drive
12. Nan Chiau - 450m (and a few more sch)
13. Aerospace Park

I bought for same reasons. I think this sounds like J Gateway surroundings without the Jam. The linking bridge is not just for MRT but to get to Compass Point fully sheltered. All in less than 1 minute. So we are sheltered and a few mins to the mall but not at the noise level area below....But I only saw 1 wet market and food centre, combined together, opposite Compass Point one right? ... Where is the other one?

30-06-13, 22:55
I bought for same reasons. I think this sounds like J Gateway surroundings without the Jam. The linking bridge is not just for MRT but to get to Compass Point fully sheltered. All in less than 1 minute. So we are sheltered and a few mins to the mall but not at the noise level area below....But I only saw 1 wet market and food centre, combined together, opposite Compass Point one right? ... Where is the other one?
That wet mkt and food centre is a joke, everyone rather flock to compass point for their food. Can't wait for the lease there to be over. There is only one other wet mkt shd be river vale plaza. Btw are renovations there completed?

LaFiestaOwner
30-06-13, 23:13
That wet mkt and food centre is a joke, everyone rather flock to compass point for their food. Can't wait for the lease there to be over. There is only one other wet mkt shd be river vale plaza. Btw are renovations there completed?

Alamak, was hoping for affordable food.. :doh:

Violinbite
01-07-13, 07:14
How do you tell whether the foundation is up?
Is there an objective definition or is it something the developer arbitrarily makes a call?

Hi proxon,

As far as we still know, there are one or two level of basement carpark. I don't think they can call the foundation being ok if the carpark area is not really dug up.

proxon
01-07-13, 08:14
Hi proxon,

As far as we still know, there are one or two level of basement carpark. I don't think they can call the foundation being ok if the carpark area is not really dug up.

Thanks Violinbite,
Seems like may still need more time.

LaFiestaOwner
01-07-13, 08:15
Hi proxon,

Yup, carpark is like Luxurie, 1 is to 1. But seriously, start the payment earlier. With interest rate so low before it starts to balloon. The shares that we have will tank also if interest rates goes up, so will be double damage and may not be able to sell in time. Khaw BW said that interest rates will not stay low all the time. I agree, so I hope we can start paying first when the rate now is lesser than my fixed deposit.

01-07-13, 09:04
Yup, carpark is like Luxurie, 1 is to 1. But seriously, start the payment earlier. With interest rate so low before it starts to balloon. The shares that we have will tank also if interest rates goes up, so will be double damage and may not be able to sell in time. Khaw BW said that interest rates will not stay low all the time. I agree, so I hope we can start paying first when the rate now is lesser than my fixed deposit.
Really hope developer build fast and take their time to collect payments. Anyway what did u guys hear with respect to the likely TOP date, apart from 30 June 2017, which I tink was in one of the documents I signed?

Violinbite
01-07-13, 09:52
I am also waiting to buy Reits to balance up... But if interest rates rights, be prepared for rights issue etc.. I also wonder whether to pay back loan asap or try the stock market. Wah, $50000 dividend, no kidding, your capital is much better than mine...

Hi LaFiestaOwner,

What you mention on the point of rights issue for REITs was a small concern to me too, as I won't be having bullets to take advantage at this point, and usually after rights issue, price likely to head south according to dilutions through rights. Are you referring to pay back the loan of your current home-stay property? I ll think no need to rush to pay back (if you are still in job), hold cash, invest value-counter that pays good dividends. On the safe side, maybe invest 35% (hold 65% cash); if dips another big round then average-up, something I did conservatively during Lehman crisis.
Actually, the big dividends is from REITs, capital wise, I don't think I m as strong as many out there, as I don't have much CPF as self-employed like most of guys out there.
Conservatively nothing special: Save, save save... Invest, invest, invest. Now, back to save, save save again, since no bullets already.:) Being a matyr of frugality is my case. Since start of investment journey, family members and people always often ridicule and mocked: Why don't buy a car? You already bought a condo... :confused: I thought car is almost always a liability here in Singapore... Anyway, I have no license, learned before, and don't enjoy driving at all. :)

LaFiestaOwner
01-07-13, 11:20
Hi LaFiestaOwner,

What you mention on the point of rights issue for REITs was a small concern to me too, as I won't be having bullets to take advantage at this point, and usually after rights issue, price likely to head south according to dilutions through rights. Are you referring to pay back the loan of your current home-stay property? I ll think no need to rush to pay back (if you are still in job), hold cash, invest value-counter that pays good dividends. On the safe side, maybe invest 35% (hold 65% cash); if dips another big round then average-up, something I did conservatively during Lehman crisis.
Actually, the big dividends is from REITs, capital wise, I don't think I m as strong as many out there, as I don't have much CPF as self-employed like most of guys out there.
Conservatively nothing special: Save, save save... Invest, invest, invest. Now, back to save, save save again, since no bullets already.:) Being a matyr of frugality is my case. Since start of investment journey, family members and people always often ridicule and mocked: Why don't buy a car? You already bought a condo... :confused: I thought car is almost always a liability here in Singapore... Anyway, I have no license, learned before, and don't enjoy driving at all. :)
I understand what u are saying but there is this feeling that I am buying at the top but yes, closer to signing it... Anyway, a few days more. Thank for the advice.
Hi, I private message you about the reits that seems buyable. Agree. But I need a car to drive my kids to in laws etc... Sigh... When COE up, dunno how.

Violinbite
01-07-13, 20:13
I understand what u are saying but there is this feeling that I am buying at the top but yes, closer to signing it... Anyway, a few days more. Thank for the advice.
Hi, I private message you about the reits that seems buyable. Agree. But I need a car to drive my kids to in laws etc... Sigh... When COE up, dunno how.

Hi,

Did reply your message, let me know if it did not goes through. It hanged when I submit

LaFiestaOwner
01-07-13, 22:25
Hi,

Did reply your message, let me know if it did not goes through. It hanged when I submit

no problem. It went thru.I think I may sign my S n P... Like the place...

LaFiestaOwner
01-07-13, 22:27
Really hope developer build fast and take their time to collect payments. Anyway what did u guys hear with respect to the likely TOP date, apart from 30 June 2017, which I tink was in one of the documents I signed?

I heard they are trying to complete it faster, that's why starting to build... Problem is will Luxurie condo people have a nightmare when La Fiesta is building, noisy? Will we have a nightmare when the BTO beside us start building. Dunno what stage is noisy, dusty etc

01-07-13, 22:44
I heard they are trying to complete it faster, that's why starting to build... Problem is will Luxurie condo people have a nightmare when La Fiesta is building, noisy? Will we have a nightmare when the BTO beside us start building. Dunno what stage is noisy, dusty etc
Piling stage for foundation confirm dusty n noisy. Think the bto may be completed ard same time as la fiesta.

LaFiestaOwner
01-07-13, 22:49
Piling stage for foundation confirm dusty n noisy. Think the bto may be completed ard same time as la fiesta.
That's gd... Otherwise, Sat afternoon want an afternoon nap also cannot... So usually 1st year of construction is bad... Noisy and Dusty...

kirchhoff_liz
02-07-13, 12:51
Hows the sales after MAS's new rule?

LaFiestaOwner
02-07-13, 22:00
Hows the sales after MAS's new rule?
A few more got sold when I went in to have a look. The middle stack facing the pool left only the lower floor units. Darn, i was hoping to return the Sales and Purchase and buy at bargain prices... but you know what, the price actually went up!!!:confused: :confused: And guess what, 2nd property purchase.. Sorry ah, i kay poh kay poh... Hover around. U check ura website after they lodge the sales.

dtrax
02-07-13, 22:06
A few more got sold when I went in to have a look. The middle stack facing the pool left only the lower floor units. Darn, i was hoping to return the Sales and Purchase and buy at bargain prices... but you know what, the price actually went up!!!:confused: :confused: And guess what, 2nd property purchase.. Sorry ah, i kay poh kay poh... Hover around. U check ura website after they lodge the sales.

Singapore mentality... see hello kitty know riaox. Sg lions all cashrich that's why bo bian hoot angrily.. dun hoot now, god knows when is next downturn and loan tenure getting shorter, LTV getting smaller. If wanna be contranian, must be damn patient, wait until some deep shit then go for the kill.

LaFiestaOwner
02-07-13, 22:08
Singapore mentality... see hello kitty know riaox. Sg lions all cashrich that's why bo bian hoot angrily.. dun hoot now, god knows when is next downturn and loan tenure getting shorter, LTV getting smaller. If wanna be contranian, must be damn patient, wait until some deep shit then go for the kill.

Actually, i am one of those waiting for crash also. But wait and wait. I thought hover around on weekend, cooling measure wat, maybe hit badly... Sian, never tio. So looks like I must sign my Sales and Purchase.

dtrax
02-07-13, 22:18
Actually, i am one of those waiting for crash also. But wait and wait. I thought hover around on weekend, cooling measure wat, maybe hit badly... Sian, never tio. So looks like I must sign my Sales and Purchase.

May I know how long you have waited for?
If it is your first hoot and within your limits, I would say just go for it especially it is for homestay. I will forgo the 1.25% only if I found a replacement that is a much better deal

Violinbite
03-07-13, 00:02

Hi,

Just rejoice and purchase the place that you like, bro.:) If you are buying a HOME is very different from getting an investment property. I use to think if can get a HDB; affordable, good size for value and near some amenities will be just nice (near MRT is big bonus); fully paid up will be like 'heaven'. But as things move on for better, one start to think of many many factors: must near MRT, prefer freehold/999yrs to retain value for next generation; near many amenities; near city; no east/west sun; great efficient layout; construct by good developer; great finishing; possibly good rentability; top the ice-cream: cheap and :) affordable.. the lists just goes on. - Just short of cash to think landed good-class bungalows - which one has absolute right to say no to developers' collective sale. I think all La Fiesta buyers are blessed on their purchase with good pool of people appreciating the overall, balanced goodness of a condo that La Fiesta can offer, with modest price appreciation while enjoying a good stay down the road.:)

Eh
03-07-13, 16:43
Alamak, was hoping for affordable food.. :doh:

Seems like you are not very familar with Sengkang.

LaFiestaOwner
03-07-13, 19:11
Seems like you are not very familar with Sengkang.
Yes. My budget is low, so any part of the island also can. But this one selling $1239 and MidTown $1400 to $1500 (agent have not replied me why in terms of location etc, should be so high), already one of the lowest around. I also considered Pasir Ris. But price also out of my budget.

Eh
03-07-13, 21:05
Yes. My budget is low, so any part of the island also can. But this one selling $1239 and MidTown $1400 to $1500 (agent have not replied me why in terms of location etc, should be so high), already one of the lowest around. I also considered Pasir Ris. But price also out of my budget.

I thought there are quite a few projects in Pasir Ris cheaper than La Fiesta? How can those be out of your budget?

Skyray
04-07-13, 21:46

You gotta think carefully if you are considering MidTown.... You need to understand the surrounding where MidTown is... It's pretty cramped at that corner of HG... Plus the trees there... Super many birds & bird shits! Very noisy when the birds are hanging out there (despite repeated actions by NEA, birds r still there...)...

LaFiestaOwner
04-07-13, 22:33
You gotta think carefully if you are considering MidTown.... You need to understand the surrounding where MidTown is... It's pretty cramped at that corner of HG... Plus the trees there... Super many birds & bird shits! Very noisy when the birds are hanging out there (despite repeated actions by NEA, birds r still there...)...

Signed the S and P. Am a La Fiesta owner. Drove around to see one more time.

Violinbite
04-07-13, 23:25

Congrats LF owner. Can party at the Sin Pavilion next time. It was confirmed that the plot next to LF is HDB and shld finish by end 2016. But your stack faces pool so no issue of view

LiveYoung
05-07-13, 11:57
Not sure why you said Pasir Ris is out of your budget since you can afford psf at $1239? Below is the price info I saw at the Vue8 residences thread. It's at Pasir Ris and to be launched in 12 July.

Indicative Price Range
1-Bedroom
$598k to $730k
2-Bedroom
$712k to $958k
3-Bedroom
$878k to $1,222mil
4-Bedroom
$1,17mil to $1,583mil
4-Bedroom DK
$1,468mil to $1,876mil

LaFiestaOwner
05-07-13, 12:46
Not sure why you said Pasir Ris is out of your budget since you can afford psf at $1239? Below is the price info I saw at the Vue8 residences thread. It's at Pasir Ris and to be launched in 12 July.

Indicative Price Range
1-Bedroom
$598k to $730k
2-Bedroom
$712k to $958k
3-Bedroom
$878k to $1,222mil
4-Bedroom
$1,17mil to $1,583mil
4-Bedroom DK
$1,468mil to $1,876mil

Hi, honestly, location is different. You are talking about a unit that is 1 min away from MRT and FULLY sheltered to it. This is linked directly to the train station, i no need feeder bus, rain etc. My kids are young, so I prefer near MRT as I intend not to drive with COE being so high. Not comparing the right condos. But yes, there are cheaper ones but I want Nan Chiau if possible. I have no issues with withdrawing what i say because for eg, jewel@buangkok is also cheaper but i felt overall package and for this price, it is my best deal. But vue8 is really not as near to MRT. For me, mrt v important as my grandparents are old. But if urs is not mrt, u may find value in this.

wangwe
05-07-13, 18:06

Congratulations!

05-07-13, 18:29
Congrats. Now comes the long wait.

LaFiestaOwner
05-07-13, 19:25
Thanks everyone. i am equally excited. My 1st home for my family. I just saw a Clementi HDB, asking for COV $150000 and valuation, almost 1 million. Same price as La Fiesta.

Autumnwinds
05-07-13, 21:26

Indicative Price Range
1-Bedroom
$598k to $730k
2-Bedroom
$712k to $958k
3-Bedroom
$878k to $1,222mil
4-Bedroom
$1,17mil to $1,583mil
4-Bedroom DK
$1,468mil to $1,876mil

4bedroom largest quantum 1.58m? I take it that's the penthouse?

So low quantum only?! What's the size:rolleyes: :scared-4:

LaFiestaOwner
05-07-13, 22:01
4bedroom largest quantum 1.58m? I take it that's the penthouse?

So low quantum only?! What's the size:rolleyes: :scared-4:

Wah, really cheap. About $870 psf only. Guide price is about 1 million for 1000psf only... Beach view. MRT is about 1.5km away.

Autumnwinds
05-07-13, 22:17
Wah, really cheap. About $870 psf only. Guide price is about 1 million for 1000psf only... Beach view. MRT is about 1.5km away.

WAH, do $870 psf still exist in new launches?? Since quantum so small, all agents have to say are, beach view everyone will surely snap for home stay....

Not bad, 1.5m, and you can tell people you stay in a penthouse :D

LaFiesta
05-07-13, 22:24
Thanks everyone. i am equally excited. My 1st home for my family. I just saw a Clementi HDB, asking for COV $150000 and valuation, almost 1 million. Same price as La Fiesta.
Hi LaFiestaOwner, which stack u bot.congrats

LaFiestaOwner
05-07-13, 22:46
Hi LaFiestaOwner, which stack u bot.congrats
Stack 48. My agent say good... But looks normal to me.

wangwe
06-07-13, 15:38
Looks like the la fiesta owners are growing.

I asked my agent how were sales at La Fiesta recently and she said that it has been good, and it seems that they are down to the last 200 units or so.

LaFiestaOwner
06-07-13, 17:19

I asked my agent how were sales at La Fiesta recently and she said that it has been good, and it seems that they are down to the last 200 units or so.

Hope most of the people who buy are families and not investors. My agent said a few was 2nd property and foreigners. I guess not as fast as J Gateway, the soldout project during preview. But yes, looking forward to new neighbours.

Good house
06-07-13, 17:36
One of the bro share this photo update with me, he stay at SengKang, Hope you guys like it:)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/5f694dqfizimdb0/IMG-20130705-WA0000.jpg

Eh
06-07-13, 18:42
Agent say agent say, of course agent will say that stack good, the sales good, the project they are selling good.

yowetan
06-07-13, 22:35
All of you are singing praises of La Fiesta; Is the show room still available? I like to visit the show room.

Violinbite
07-07-13, 00:44

Not too bad at all for having sold 600 units since the beginning of the year. Consider a project with hugh number of units exceeding 800 units. Any idea if the prices has been moving slightly up and are most of the later buyers are paying above $1200psf? These days seems harder to find below $1100 with such short walking distance from MRT. One of the few is like Maysprings but recently hitting almost $1000psf for the two-bedder. But its already almost 20 years old.

Regulators
07-07-13, 01:28
La fiesta is far away from ur mt sinai. Think you are running out of options. :D
All of you are singing praises of La Fiesta; Is the show room still available? I like to visit the show room.

LaFiestaOwner
07-07-13, 07:29
Not too bad at all for having sold 600 units since the beginning of the year. Consider a project with hugh number of units exceeding 800 units. Any idea if the prices has been moving slightly up and are most of the later buyers are paying above $1200psf? These days seems harder to find below $1100 with such short walking distance from MRT. One of the few is like Maysprings but recently hitting almost $1000psf for the two-bedder. But its already almost 20 years old.

The prices is about $1100 to $1239 (for higher floors and facing). They opened up some of the not so good stacks already, so the prices are cheaper. if you don't mind the facing, it is a good deal. Some of the new projects have lower priced psf because it is not near an MRT (this is the norm) but they build a bigger size so that the amount you pay will still be about 1 million plus minus depending on 2 or 3 room. I was very tempted to buy the cheaper ones. The Luxurie started around Aug 2011 and sold out at Mr 2013, so almost 2 years. La Fiesta started in Jan 2013, so should be 2014 year end sellout based on similar timing?

yowetan
07-07-13, 18:22
La fiesta is far away from ur mt sinai. Think you are running out of options. :D

My Mt Sinai will be affordable soon. The QE tapering and economy correction is on schedule.

I like visiting showflat and read the concept that each project has to offer, this will enrich my knowledge and exposure to the market trend.

yowetan
07-07-13, 18:23
The prices is about $1100 to $1239 (for higher floors and facing). They opened up some of the not so good stacks already, so the prices are cheaper. if you don't mind the facing, it is a good deal. Some of the new projects have lower priced psf because it is not near an MRT (this is the norm) but they build a bigger size so that the amount you pay will still be about 1 million plus minus depending on 2 or 3 room. I was very tempted to buy the cheaper ones. The Luxurie started around Aug 2011 and sold out at Mr 2013, so almost 2 years. La Fiesta started in Jan 2013, so should be 2014 year end sellout based on similar timing?

Hi...Is the show room still available for visiting? TIA.

Regulators
07-07-13, 18:31
Unless u live near sengkang, otherwise waste of petrol driving there. Can just get agent to email u info. Were u one of the thousands that queued tIll mIdnight before the cm kick in ?
My Mt Sinai will be affordable soon. The QE tapering and economy correction is on schedule.

I like visiting showflat and read the concept that each project has to offer, this will enrich my knowledge and exposure to the market trend.

ecimbew
07-07-13, 18:53

Good for you, Yowe! In fact, you should try visiting during weekdays if possible. Less crowded and you get to really see the interior and bask in the luxury. I like going to more upmarket ones and look at their decor.

yowetan
07-07-13, 20:23
Unless u live near sengkang, otherwise waste of petrol driving there. Can just get agent to email u info. Were u one of the thousands that queued tIll mIdnight before the cm kick in ?

Hi...this is why I am asking in this forum, particulary this thread if show flat is opening or not; I do not plan to waste, but plan to gain.

LaFiesta
07-07-13, 22:00
Hope most of the people who buy are families and not investors. My agent said a few was 2nd property and foreigners. I guess not as fast as J Gateway, the soldout project during preview. But yes, looking forward to new neighbours.

So u plan to stay or rent out?
But so near to mrt I tink will be expecting more rent out especially one n two bedded room.

LaFiestaOwner
07-07-13, 22:42
So u plan to stay or rent out?
But so near to mrt I tink will be expecting more rent out especially one n two bedded room.

To stay. The hospital is up 2018, so by then TOP 1 year, so those renting should have lobang.

LaFiestaOwner
07-07-13, 22:49
Hi...this is why I am asking in this forum, particulary this thread if show flat is opening or not; I do not plan to waste, but plan to gain.

Showflat is still open. It occupies the tennis court of the map and hence, can be removed later. Only about 5 lots for parking at showflat. Currently, the norm is declared a certain price -$20000, cut 2% off and if you are good (or say a lot of stuff), they give you 1% more off(this one is upon request). At least that was the deal I have last month. I think that is the best price.

Violinbite
08-07-13, 08:41
Showflat is still open. It occupies the tennis court of the map and hence, can be removed later. Only about 5 lots for parking at showflat. Currently, the norm is declared a certain price -$20000, cut 2% off and if you are good (or say a lot of stuff), they give you 1% more off(this one is upon request). At least that was the deal I have last month. I think that is the best price.

Hi LFowner,

Did you take an 80% loan since its your first home, and tenure of max going to age 65?

08-07-13, 11:30
To stay. The hospital is up 2018, so by then TOP 1 year, so those renting should have lobang.

They should further expedite the construction of hospital, anyway that area mostly construction now. The NE area (punggol, sengkang & hougang) with its expanding population could really do with a hospital soon.

LaFiestaOwner
08-07-13, 18:08
Hi LFowner,

Did you take an 80% loan since its your first home, and tenure of max going to age 65?

Yes. No choice, money not enough.

Violinbite
11-07-13, 07:44
Yes. No choice, money not enough.

Hi LFOwner,

Did your monthly repayment workout $3k+? If two working adults with CPF still ok la. My Maysprings unit under a loan of $450k work out to be monthly less than $1500 under current interest float rate w max tenure given still allowable in 2010 purchase. Try to pay down eventually, it will be fine.

LaFiestaOwner
13-07-13, 15:32
Hi LFOwner,

Did your monthly repayment workout $3k+? If two working adults with CPF still ok la. My Maysprings unit under a loan of $450k work out to be monthly less than $1500 under current interest float rate w max tenure given still allowable in 2010 purchase. Try to pay down eventually, it will be fine.
Borrowing so much money for the 1st time for me. So scared. But yes, about $3000 plus. Huttons advertised for La Fiesta, more than 70% sold... Releasing I think final units, hope they don't sell way cheaper. But I have to say lousy advert. The main attraction seems to be the 1 min to MRT when there is so much more. At least the Jewel one, say 4 mins drive to where where, by train etc... I will pop over to the showflat to check out the prices.

Violinbite
13-07-13, 16:27
Borrowing so much money for the 1st time for me. So scared. But yes, about $3000 plus. Huttons advertised for La Fiesta, more than 70% sold... Releasing I think final units, hope they don't sell way cheaper. But I have to say lousy advert. The main attraction seems to be the 1 min to MRT when there is so much more. At least the Jewel one, say 4 mins drive to where where, by train etc... I will pop over to the showflat to check out the prices.

No worries about their advertisement. My mentality is that good stuffs sell by words of mouth and not excessive advertisement. I think LF didn't do very much advertisement on News or TV to my observation (unlike Jewel or One Canberra) and base on today sales numbers, that is fantastic already for a whopping 810 units hugh project. EL developers probably humble enough not like bigger developers (eg. Capitaland) to rip people off when seeing sales are good, jacking up their price. Price will definitely hold.

Autumnwinds
13-07-13, 17:34

3000+ is an Okay amount. Since I take you and your spouse are both working, it should be fine and manageable. Don't worry too much about it. :D

yowetan
13-07-13, 17:43
Hi LaFiestaOwner...

How much is your household income? How many years of loan are you taking? Care to share? Thanks.

kirchhoff_liz
15-07-13, 15:41
Results extracted from URA: Total sold to date 585 units in Jun.

Released units: 600

Last sun, we visited the showroom. In actual, 705 units were released. Why URA 's data was only 600???:confused: :confused:

kirchhoff_liz
15-07-13, 15:53
Hi LaFiestaOwner...

How much is your household income? How many years of loan are you taking? Care to share? Thanks.

Our purchasing price : 900+k ( included 7%)
Loan amount 75%
Loan period 30yrs

We have fully paid our HDb.
We don own a car and have 2 kids.
I am a home-maker.
We have no worries in paying the loan as we have an asset which is fully-paid.
We really like LF as it is so accessible and if u intend to rent out, location is very important.

Conclusion: ALWAYS Buy or invest within ur means.

kirchhoff_liz
15-07-13, 15:55
Hi LaFiestaOwner...

Loan amount 75%
Loan period 30 yrs

I am a home-maker.
We really like LF as it is so accessible and if u intend to rent out, location is very important.

LiveYoung
15-07-13, 17:23
Results extracted from URA: Total sold to date 585 units in Jun.

Released units: 600

Last sun, we visited the showroom. In actual, 705 units were released. Why URA 's data was only 600???:confused: :confused:

There's a lagging effect whereby it takes some time to get data fed to and refreshed on URA. In other words, what you see on URA is not the most updated info. Maybe someone can shed light on how long it lags behind.

Autumnwinds
15-07-13, 17:24
Loan amount 75%
Loan period 30 yrs

I am a home-maker.

Am I right to say that your loan is about 1.3k a month?

LiveYoung
15-07-13, 17:29
Since it's a project just commencing on construction, for a start, I think is far less than that. And what interest rate you use to calculate also makes much difference at later stage after majority of the loan is disbursed. Can't really predict the future anyway.

kirchhoff_liz
15-07-13, 19:59

Just checked with hubby. Loan amount should be 70%.
Amount should be more than tat.
We have factor in the worst scenario if interest rate is 4.5%.

Autumnwinds
15-07-13, 20:21
Just checked with hubby. Loan amount should be 70%.
Amount should be more than tat.
We have factor in the worst scenario if interest rate is 4.5%.

Thanks for sharing. I'm kinda in the same boat(terms of loan) as you :D

LaFiestaOwner
15-07-13, 21:04
Thanks for sharing. I'm kinda in the same boat(terms of loan) as you :D
Mine is 80%. But I don't have HDB as backup. But compare a Sengkang Flat and Condo, difference is abt $300k. Better sense to buy Condo. Better location flats: Clementi, Toa Payoh, best areas, easily close to Condo price. Wow, u all can pay only $1300 per month? 4.5% interest will set me back almost 4k if per month if I am not wrong.

Autumnwinds
15-07-13, 21:29
Mine is 80%. But I don't have HDB as backup. But compare a Sengkang Flat and Condo, difference is abt $300k. Better sense to buy Condo. Better location flats: Clementi, Toa Payoh, best areas, easily close to Condo price. Wow, u all can pay only $1300 per month? 4.5% interest will set me back almost 4k if per month if I am not wrong.

I took a 60% loan, going by current rates, I'd be paying around 3.6k a month. If interest rates do rise, probably close to 5k. But I have an equivalent renting out at the same amount so it should be fine.

Don't worry too much about your loan, enjoy the great amenities and lifestyle you have bought into :cool:

Skyray
16-07-13, 23:35
I took a 60% loan, going by current rates, I'd be paying around 3.6k a month. If interest rates do rise, probably close to 5k. But I have an equivalent renting out at the same amount so it should be fine.

Don't worry too much about your loan, enjoy the great amenities and lifestyle you have bought into :cool:

Me too... If not for the fact that I've a HDB as a 'backup', I wouldn't have bought this LF unit...

Exactly, don't think too much... Enjoy the decision you have made, sit back, & get ready to move into LF.

Violinbite
17-07-13, 09:13

Hi autumn winds,

I too took a 60% loan over a 3-bedder. The UOB banker work it out to a $2800 for a 24years tenure starting from actual date when loan to be release after the first 40% been paid. May I know why yours workout to $3600 a month? Was it a larger quantum that you borrowed? My loan amount was $676000

Autumnwinds
17-07-13, 10:04
Hi autumn winds,

I too took a 60% loan over a 3-bedder. The UOB banker work it out to a $2800 for a 24years tenure starting from actual date when loan to be release after the first 40% been paid. May I know why yours workout to $3600 a month? Was it a larger quantum that you borrowed? My loan amount was $676000

Hi Violinbite, my 60% quantum is close to 1mil. Hence the 3600 a month.

LaFiestaOwner
17-07-13, 21:42
Fixed rates went up recently. Let's hope La Fiesta do not drop their price too drastically.

Violinbite
17-07-13, 22:17
Fixed rates went up recently. Let's hope La Fiesta do not drop their price too drastically.

Not likely to happen to have a price drop. Have some confidence, after all all of us can't reverse gear anyway.:) To dwell negatively will not bring positive results, to give our mind for the positive is the only way to yield the positive. The Tampines plot recently bidded, no where near MRT is already going to head for $1200psf. $1050 is break-even cost. Apart from EC pricing, new condos hardly goes below $1100-1200 range. I also observe, buyers these days don't just jump into any freehold or any cheap bargains, transactions has been a little complex with good views, layout and locations have been taken a more serious considerations, since buyers know inherently they will be lock-in by their purchase decisions for many years down the road, thus can't afford to pull a wrong trigger. New launches still sells due to first choice of selection made available to buyers, which they might still willing to pay for the premium.

Autumnwinds
17-07-13, 22:46

You worry far too much :cheers1:

LaFiestaOwner
18-07-13, 21:47
You worry far too much :cheers1:
I agree... Anyway, prices seemed to have dropped by as much as $70000. Should have waited.

wangwe
18-07-13, 21:50
I agree... Anyway, prices seemed to have dropped by as much as $70000. Should have waited.

Did you check the prices with the developer? This is for what unit?

19-07-13, 09:01

Really, so which unit and what is the psf / average psf now ??

kirchhoff_liz
19-07-13, 10:19
for high-end condo, their impact will be greater. Even LF developer drops the pricing, do u think u can get back the same unit? Project near mrt doesn ccome cheap

taggy
19-07-13, 12:21

i just take the take stack of the latest transaction,
i no see drop 70k leh :rolleyes:

2013-07-02 64 Sengkang Square #XX-29 732 1,224 896,100
2013-05-08 64 Sengkang Square #XX-29 732 1,223 895,000
2013-03-07 64 Sengkang Square #XX-29 732 1,183 866,000
2013-01-30 64 Sengkang Square #XX-29 732 1,209 885,000
2013-01-28 64 Sengkang Square #XX-29 732 1,195 874,500
2013-01-28 64 Sengkang Square #XX-29 732 1,201 879,000
2013-01-25 64 Sengkang Square #XX-29 732 1,191 871,500
2013-01-24 64 Sengkang Square #XX-29 732 1,193 873,000
2013-01-24 64 Sengkang Square #XX-29 732 1,205 882,000
2013-01-23 64 Sengkang Square #XX-29 732 1,199 877,500
2013-01-21 64 Sengkang Square #XX-29 732 1,197 876,000

Skyray
20-07-13, 14:02
Hi LFOwner, Price dropped as much as $70k? Unlikely bah... This would create problems & credibility of the developer... Did u see wrongly?

LaFiestaOwner
21-07-13, 17:41
Hi LFOwner, Price dropped as much as $70k? Unlikely bah... This would create problems & credibility of the developer... Did u see wrongly?
Ok, maybe I am wrong. I saw on property guru, a lot of the 3 rooms seem to be 9XXXXX instead of over 1 million.

Tan80000
21-07-13, 18:19
Ok, maybe I am wrong. I saw on property guru, a lot of the 3 rooms seem to be 9XXXXX instead of over 1 million.

Dun thrust those listing in property guru too much, I tried call before, those low price lists are getting contact only. Those agent will tell you unit sold n recommend you other unit with new prics...:simmering:

Autumnwinds
21-07-13, 20:11

Ok what the hell did I just see. Hahahahaha :scared-2:

21-07-13, 20:43
Actually with almost 600 units sold, developer should just concentrate and build faster. If complete before 3rd year, they shd be able to clear most at TOP to those that need flats or upgraders who want a ready place. Most importantly, most of the early buyers not able to flip cos of ssd.

nickq
21-07-13, 22:17
Actually with almost 600 units sold, developer should just concentrate and build faster. If complete before 3rd year, they shd be able to clear most at TOP to those that need flats or upgraders who want a ready place. Most importantly, most of the early buyers not able to flip cos of ssd.

EL Development is well known to build fast, right?

22-07-13, 10:26
EL Development is well known to build fast, right?
Being contractor and developer, they should be in a better position to manage this process.

Violinbite
22-07-13, 11:28
Being contractor and developer, they should be in a better position to manage this process.

I assume most buyers still have a roof above them, why a hurry to build? Interest rate may rise, but I believe it is going to be relatively gradual. Rather build up savings at this point while waiting for the work to complete. Who knows of other investment opportunities may come up during the wait.:)

LaFiestaOwner
22-07-13, 19:14
I assume most buyers still have a roof above them, why a hurry to build? Interest rate may rise, but I believe it is going to be relatively gradual. Rather build up savings at this point while waiting for the work to complete. Who knows of other investment opportunities may come up during the wait.:)

Today Straits Times mentioned that private property going to increase 1/3 's supply in the next 2 years of the whole island. Plus no fixed rate.

Violinbite
23-07-13, 08:07
Today Straits Times mentioned that private property going to increase 1/3 's supply in the next 2 years of the whole island. Plus no fixed rate.

Hi LFOwner,
Both good news to you.:) since you buy for LF for your home stay, it shouldnt bother you. Any gain loss is only paper value. As for me, I ll only need to make sure my flat is rented out when I move into LF. Floating rate might be healthier, as banks will be subjected to much competition, thus they will keep themselves in check, constantly working attractive and transparent rates for home loan.

LaFiesta
23-07-13, 20:40

Is it a good news for everyone?sorry n pardon me to ask as I dono all this.

LaFiesta
23-07-13, 20:42
N it's really good to find out most of us in this forum is staying n not rent out as own stay will not b complicated n messy as everyone will take care of our surrounding I believe.

LaFiestaOwner
23-07-13, 22:01
N it's really good to find out most of us in this forum is staying n not rent out as own stay will not b complicated n messy as everyone will take care of our surrounding I believe.

But really got a lot of units. Hope facilities not too crowded.

Violinbite
23-07-13, 22:38

Some one and two bedders unit are likely bought as investment by a handful of investors. Surely have some units under rental. Condition of the facilities probably depend on the frequency of usage. Looking at most people are busy at work during weekdays, likely only more activities on sat and sunday. Weekdays probably the maids, ah-mah, ah-gong with the toddlers.

Violinbite
23-07-13, 22:41
But really got a lot of units. Hope facilities not too crowded.

Actually I enjoy a slightly more occupied pool. With people around, the sense of enjoyment is greater than being alone in the pool. Can't imagine one person all alone at Wild Wild Wet?:) haha. Gym all alone is still fine. Don't play tennis so it's ok with me.

Skyray
24-07-13, 21:39
Hi LFOwner,
Both good news to you.:) since you buy for LF for your home stay, it shouldnt bother you. Any gain loss is only paper value.

Exactly... Regardless of how much your property is worth... You will never see the value unless you sell it... These are all 'paper value'... Cannot realize this unless you sell....

Skyray
24-07-13, 21:42
Actually I enjoy a slightly more occupied pool. With people around, the sense of enjoyment is greater than being alone in the pool. Can't imagine one person all alone at Wild Wild Wet?:) haha. Gym all alone is still fine. Don't play tennis so it's ok with me.

Kinda more worried about the parking... The lots are 1:1... So, if every unit has a car, then how would LF accommodate visitor's parking?

LaFiestaOwner
24-07-13, 22:24
Not worried about the carpark. This one is nearest to MRT. I believe quite a number of people will not drive.

Skyray
25-07-13, 22:08
Not worried about the carpark. This one is nearest to MRT. I believe quite a number of people will not drive.

Lets hope so... But think abt it, what's the chance of condo resident not owning a car? Whether to use the car is one thing, but if u do own a car, then u will need a parking lot.... Hmmm....

Violinbite
26-07-13, 08:56
Lets hope so... But think abt it, what's the chance of condo resident not owning a car? Whether to use the car is one thing, but if u do own a car, then u will need a parking lot.... Hmmm....

At least I don't own a car.:) so one lot free. But I have a motorcycle and thinking getting another one with a sidecar for my kid schooling purposes next time. Just a thought only though.

kirchhoff_liz
26-07-13, 12:46
Kinda more worried about the parking... The lots are 1:1... So, if every unit has a car, then how would LF accommodate visitor's parking?

We Don owned a car too. One more free parking lot. But every households will have a carpatk lot. If they own more than one car, I believe they have to pay for the lot too.

26-07-13, 14:54
With 800 units , assume 10 % (which is quite a bit) no car that means 80 free lots for visitors....

Recently some other developments have less than 1 lot per unit (eg Centro, ATT & Sennet residences). Since carpark space is from the common area, does it mean that less carpark space means more or bigger space for other facilities (eg function room, gym....) ??

If so might not be such a bad area to underprovide :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

Violinbite
26-07-13, 17:53
With 800 units , assume 10 % (which is quite a bit) no car that means 80 free lots for visitors....

Recently some other developments have less than 1 lot per unit (eg Centro, ATT & Sennet residences). Since carpark space is from the common area, does it mean that less carpark space means more or bigger space for other facilities (eg function room, gym....) ??

If so might not be such a bad area to underprovide :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

I thought it is two level of UNDERGROUND parking spaces? It should not affect the layout of th condo primary planning of the ground level facilities.

LaFiestaOwner
26-07-13, 20:00
Hmm, read in the other thread that Capitaland is dropping price of $1600 to $1400 psf for selected units. I think EL Develeopment may have to do it also? We have about 230 units left in the market. Anyone went in to see how the sales?

LiveYoung
26-07-13, 23:02
Hmm, read in the other thread that Capitaland is dropping price of $1600 to $1400 psf for selected units. I think EL Develeopment may have to do it also? We have about 230 units left in the market. Anyone went in to see how the sales?
One developer's move is not representative in any way.I don't see much logic why EL will follow the same suit. I think sky habitat is a special case here, with the adjoining plot also belonging to Capitaland. They may use sky habitat to test water on the new launch price of Bishan. But apparently the pricing turns out to be not attractive. Therefore, they drop the price to also pave way for the next launch. Will buyer buy the next gen of a unpopular phone? Probably no, similar can apply to sky habitat. Captialand is just trying to turn it around. Just my :2cents:

Skyray
27-07-13, 11:14
I thought it is two level of UNDERGROUND parking spaces? It should not affect the layout of th condo primary planning of the ground level facilities.

The two level of underground parking is only at 6 out of the 13 blocks.... & i beleived all added up is still 1:1... ie 810 lots... Yes... Condo primary planning/layout of the ground floor is not affected...

Skyray
27-07-13, 11:16
We Don owned a car too. One more free parking lot. But every households will have a carpatk lot. If they own more than one car, I believe they have to pay for the lot too.

Ya... The entitlement is still 1 lot to 1 unit... Hope the management can uphold this guideline...

Skyray
27-07-13, 11:21

It's a catch-22 situation... If you under provide at this planning stage... Then what happens if the more owners start owning cars (assuming even its 1car to 1 unit)... The cannot possibly build more lots when the condo is already up... Then the management will have big headaches... If they starts drawing lots along the drive way... Then it will affect the outlook of the condo...

I felt that its a bad idea to under provide...

Skyray
28-07-13, 01:19
Was at CompassPt this afternoon...

Took a picture of the construction site (from the cover overhead bridge)... Looks like actions have begin... could see diggings & crane actions...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b145/SkyRay/La%20Fiesta%20-%20Construction%20Site/LF-20130727.jpg (http://s18.photobucket.com/user/SkyRay/media/La%20Fiesta%20-%20Construction%20Site/LF-20130727.jpg.html)

28-07-13, 10:53
It's a catch-22 situation... If you under provide at this planning stage... Then what happens if the more owners start owning cars (assuming even its 1car to 1 unit)... The cannot possibly build more lots when the condo is already up... Then the management will have big headaches... If they starts drawing lots along the drive way... Then it will affect the outlook of the condo...

I felt that its a bad idea to under provide...

Agree really catch 22. But when I look at some new developments ( nearer mrt and with smaller units ) then realise that car park about 30 % empty. Then feel if space could have been put to better use, say double storey clubhouse or gym, sky bridge .....

28-07-13, 10:59

EL should probably not drop prices, in the first place they have limited land bank and projects left. If u notice they have not being able to add to their land bank in the last few GLS. The remaining units are probably high floor units which usually can command higher prices and would bolster their bottom line.

It will be a bad sign if they do drop prices

28-07-13, 11:01

Took a picture of the construction site (from the cover overhead bridge)... Looks like actions have begin... could see diggings & crane actions...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b145/SkyRay/La%20Fiesta%20-%20Construction%20Site/LF-20130727.jpg (http://s18.photobucket.com/user/SkyRay/media/La%20Fiesta%20-%20Construction%20Site/LF-20130727.jpg.html)

Thanks for the pic, did anyone notice expected date of completion outside the construction area say 31 July 2016 ( if not mistaken, was driving) ? Think possible ? :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

LaFiestaOwner
28-07-13, 14:18
Thanks for the pic, did anyone notice expected date of completion outside the construction area say 31 July 2016 ( if not mistaken, was driving) ? Think possible ? :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

Yes, I just bought slightly 1 month back and they say should expect 1st round of payment this quarter. Jul to Aug I assume.

kirchhoff_liz
29-07-13, 13:02

We took LRT 2days ago and looked at the project from LRT. Base structures of 2 different areas have been up. U could not see the structures from over-head bridge.

Regulators
29-07-13, 13:08
Just before cooling measure, I remember thousands were at la fiesta showflat queuing till midnight. I know the one bedders git snapped up fastest, why is it there are still available developer units till this day? Anyone who bought care to explain?

Violinbite
29-07-13, 13:25
Just before cooling measure, I remember thousands were at la fiesta showflat queuing till midnight. I know the one bedders git snapped up fastest, why is it there are still available developer units till this day? Anyone who bought care to explain?

What? I thought only stock market has insider trading, now also happen in the residential property market? Haha...:)

... Maybe some investor back out and forfeit deposit... Declared surrender:) Or some first-timer decide to bite government offer of their $100k studio HDB BTO instead.

Skyray
29-07-13, 17:04

That's because the developer didnt release all stacks during project launch... they usually release stack by stack...

Skyray
29-07-13, 17:06
We took LRT 2days ago and looked at the project from LRT. Base structures of 2 different areas have been up. U could not see the structures from over-head bridge.

Yes... couldnt see the layout from the overhead bridge... was lunching at CompasPt & thought of walking over to see if there are any 'happenings'... Snapped some pictures & thus sharing here...

LaFiestaOwner
02-08-13, 19:51
That's because the developer didnt release all stacks during project launch... they usually release stack by stack...

Yes, they released stack 53 last month, the row near the side gate. They also released the units facing Luxurie recently. Those sell at a lower price due to facing.

LaFiestaOwner
03-08-13, 22:07
Today Straits Times, big advertisement, national day special, lowest psf for La Fiesta. I wonder how low.

kirchhoff_liz
06-08-13, 23:33
Went LF today.
EL still has 6 unreleased blocks and total of 222 unsold units as of today.
Out of 222 units, many yellow stickers ( at least 10). Never asked the agent abt the yellow stickers. Jul sales seemed slow.

LaFiestaOwner
07-08-13, 18:56
Went LF today.
EL still has 6 unreleased blocks and total of 222 unsold units as of today.
Out of 222 units, many yellow stickers ( at least 10). Never asked the agent abt the yellow stickers. Jul sales seemed slow.

National Day offer is about aadditional 2% off. Psf range from $1100 to $1239.

Violinbite
08-08-13, 10:09

Hi LFOwner,

Yesterday, I went to my student's newly move in place. Originally, the family of two kids stayed in a 2-bedder at D9 Tesserina, Wilby Rd. Now, they moved into opposite block in the same development which is a 4-bedder which they pay a hefty $2.4mil of an area of 1500+sqft. It is really an AWESOME home (of course an awesome price too). Much better than the 2-bedder as a HOME. It's the first time I felt the same way as them that a HOME almost at any price THAT ONE CAN AFFORD is a good property. I really look forward La Fiesta purchase, we have that same feel buying it as a home casting aside all pricing influences at current market, that one can just freely enjoy the place.

mermaid
08-08-13, 10:26

the discount quite insignifican leh ... $1150-$1200 better.

yowetan
09-08-13, 14:55
Has anyone bought this development?

Skyray
09-08-13, 20:16
I really look forward La Fiesta purchase, we have that same feel buying it as a home casting aside all pricing influences at current market, that one can just freely enjoy the place.

Yeah! Looking forward to completion of LF too...

Violinbite
10-08-13, 21:47
Yeah! Looking forward to completion of LF too...

I have taken some pictures of the LF sites but unable to post up. Any help suggestions? Pictures were in C drive but cant upload..

taggy
10-08-13, 21:56
I have taken some pictures of the LF sites but unable to post up. Any help suggestions? Pictures were in C drive but cant upload..
u can upload the pics to http://imageshack.us/ then each pic will be assigned with a url.
When u insert the pic here, u will need to enter the url which is actually pointing to the pic in imageshack.

Regulators
10-08-13, 22:47
I read that throngs of ppl were queuing up just before the cooling measure , find it surprising there are still many units left for sale. Could majority be queuing only for the one bedders ?

Violinbite
11-08-13, 08:47
u can upload the pics to http://imageshack.us/ then each pic will be assigned with a url.
When u insert the pic here, u will need to enter the url which is actually pointing to the pic in imageshack.

Hi taggy,
Thanks for advice. Unfortunately, I tried whole night and arrive in vain as the link still erroneous under the attachment management. Have you posted pics on here before? Care to private msg me your email account that I can forward the pics through email to you, in turn hopefully you can upload for our LF thread?

Skyray
11-08-13, 09:21

You can creating an account in Photobucket.com , upload your pictures there. Then copy the relevant image link of your intended pictures, & post them here.

taggy
11-08-13, 09:41
Hi taggy,
Thanks for advice. Unfortunately, I tried whole night and arrive in vain as the link still erroneous under the attachment management. Have you posted pics on here before? Care to private msg me your email account that I can forward the pics through email to you, in turn hopefully you can upload for our LF thread?
hi violin, I pm u liao :)

bananaprata
11-08-13, 21:29
taken this afternoon...

Violinbite
11-08-13, 21:49
hi violin, I pm u liao :)

Hi Tag,

Sent you 4 pics on LF site.:)

Violinbite
11-08-13, 23:00
You can creating an account in Photobucket.com , upload your pictures there. Then copy the relevant image link of your intended pictures, & post them here.

Hi,

Thks for someone putting up the pic.:) Anyone care to estimate the work time to lay the foundation from this current progress? Slight digging is what I saw, not sure what other major works done... How they going to do the underground car park? Looks kind of slow, thought it will spread till next year.

taggy
12-08-13, 06:13
Hi Tag,

courtesy of Violinbite :)
http://imageshack.us/a/img580/5153/d2l1.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img819/3563/mr9g.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img837/5561/okt9.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img844/6610/rb2p.jpg

Violinbite
12-08-13, 08:44
Hi Tag,

Hi Tag,

Thanks so much for posting the pics for all.:) Our neibouring Luxurie is almost done.

12-08-13, 10:07
Yes, it does look kinda slow. Even compassvale mast (the BTO on the other side) have commenced their piling. Guess foundation would be more likely next year. :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

Hi,

Thks for someone putting up the pic.:) Anyone care to estimate the work time to lay the foundation from this current progress? Slight digging is what I saw, not sure what other major works done... How they going to do the underground car park? Looks kind of slow, thought it will spread till next year.

merlion
13-08-13, 04:06
[QUOTE=2824]Yes, it does look kinda slow. Even compassvale mast (the BTO on the other side) have commenced their piling. Guess foundation would be more likely next year. :beats-me-man: :

Hope they speed it up. The whole place will look nice when Luxurie and LF are up. :cheers1:

wangwe
13-08-13, 08:14
Hi Tag,

Hello Violinbite
From where did you take the photos from? I'm thinking of going to take a look more regularly too.

Violinbite
13-08-13, 08:32
Hello Violinbite
From where did you take the photos from? I'm thinking of going to take a look more regularly too.

Hi Wangwe,
There is a multi-story carpark right opposite the entrance of the show flat, but the catch is one must get to the top floor (open air floor) for the pics, anything lower will risk being blocked by trees. The other angle is at the overhead bridge immediately after the escalator up heading towards compass point.:)

Tek888
13-08-13, 08:38
[QUOTE=2824]Yes, it does look kinda slow. Even compassvale mast (the BTO on the other side) have commenced their piling. Guess foundation would be more likely next year. :beats-me-man: :

Hope they speed it up. The whole place will look nice when Luxurie and LF are up. :cheers1:

It will be good to let the BTO complete first to avoid all the dust and noise from renovations.

Tek888
13-08-13, 08:39

***duplicate post***

13-08-13, 09:19
BTO slated for completion on 30 June 2016, they are about the size of both luxurie and la fiesta combined but they have to built fast

[quote=merlion]

It will be good to let the BTO complete first to avoid all the dust and noise from renovations.

LaFiestaOwner
17-08-13, 09:30
Yes, it does look kinda slow. Even compassvale mast (the BTO on the other side) have commenced their piling. Guess foundation would be more likely next year. :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:
When will 1st payment start? With interest rate environment like that, we should TOP asap so that we can get fixed rates. I think POSB has a 2.5% for 10 years fixed rate.

17-08-13, 12:02
When will 1st payment start? With interest rate environment like that, we should TOP asap so that we can get fixed rates. I think POSB has a 2.5% for 10 years fixed rate.
Heard and from the looks of things it will be next year. Everybody wants TOP but ....
The posb loan is only for Hdb.

bananaprata
18-08-13, 22:35
latest photos... http://sengkangzai.blogspot.sg/p/la-fiesta.html

looks like the pillars are in for some of the blocks

wangwe
18-08-13, 23:27
latest photos... http://sengkangzai.blogspot.sg/p/la-fiesta.html

looks like the pillars are in for some of the blocks

thumbs up to see some work.

Violinbite
19-08-13, 00:18
thumbs up to see some work.

Thanks for the pic. :) Btw, which usually take up more time: piling/foundation or erecting the building itself? Will the underground carpark demands a lot more time for the foundation work to be done?

bananaprata
19-08-13, 22:59
agent said estimated date for the first 10% is Oct 2013...not sure whether that's just my block or all

wangwe
20-08-13, 08:51
agent said estimated date for the first 10% is Oct 2013...not sure whether that's just my block or all

Bananaprata, which block did you buy?

LaFiestaOwner
20-08-13, 22:42
Ooo, hope they hurry a bit, my loan for buc gets nasty if it hits 4 years, price will increase a lot.

bananaprata
21-08-13, 23:36
Bananaprata, which block did you buy?

block 56....near the kids pool and next to where the showflat is...how about u?

wangwe
22-08-13, 08:24
block 56....near the kids pool and next to where the showflat is...how about u?

I see. I'm at block 66, next to the garden spine. I guess it does look like from the pictures that your block is one of the first few to be constructed.

Violinbite
22-08-13, 11:34
I see. I'm at block 66, next to the garden spine. I guess it does look like from the pictures that your block is one of the first few to be constructed.

Hi wang,

Does it mean that in the entire developing, not all will be call up the next 10% at the same time and some may be few months much later than others? My block is 70. The drop-off area directly opp at the other end of showroom

wangwe
22-08-13, 20:27
Hi wang,

Does it mean that in the entire developing, not all will be call up the next 10% at the same time and some may be few months much later than others? My block is 70. The drop-off area directly opp at the other end of showroom

I'm really sorry, am also new to this and don't know the mechanics of how it works. But I've heard from a friend that it does sound like different units will pay at different rates, depending on when the block/unit is constructed.

Perhaps someone with experience can better advise on this?

22-08-13, 22:38
Payment will be based on the progress of your block (eg foundation), your unit (walls ...) and the development. For a bigger development like this, the payment schedule could differ by months or even quarters as different blks will be built at different pace / rate. The progress for each stage would have to be certified by the architects before payment can be asked for.

Violinbite
23-08-13, 08:49
Payment will be based on the progress of your block (eg foundation), your unit (walls ...) and the development. For a bigger development like this, the payment schedule could differ by months or even quarters as different blks will be built at different pace / rate. The progress for each stage would have to be certified by the architects before payment can be asked for.

Thanks for the info. From the latest picture, I notice LF started the work on the site where Luxurie being least to completion. Where the other end, Luxurie almost have the buildings erected. Perhaps, this is the best coordination to reduce dust at the area.

23-08-13, 09:25
Thanks for the info. From the latest picture, I notice LF started the work on the site where Luxurie being least to completion. Where the other end, Luxurie almost have the buildings erected. Perhaps, this is the best coordination to reduce dust at the area.

Anyway that whole piece of land would be one major construction strip until end 2015 when Luxurie completes.

yowetan
23-08-13, 10:10
How's the sales in La Fiesta? They are giving discounts now or already ended the discounts?

kirchhoff_liz
23-08-13, 13:46
How's the sales in La Fiesta? They are giving discounts now or already ended the discounts?

Even developer gives discounts, it will not be cheaper than initial phrase due to its accessibility to MRT. Few mths down the road if u compare (walking distance to MRT) other projects with LF, LF will still be a good buy.

mermaid
23-08-13, 15:04
Even developer gives discounts, it will not be cheaper than initial phrase due to its accessibility to MRT. Few mths down the road if u compare (walking distance to MRT) other projects with LF, LF will still be a good buy.

so far I hv yet to see a project near mrt tat is sold cheaply :D

Eh
23-08-13, 16:14
so far I hv yet to see a project near mrt tat is sold cheaply :D

Frankly speaking so near to MRT should have been sold out by now.

kirchhoff_liz
23-08-13, 17:27

Everyone is waiting for " great sales, great deals".

Violinbite
23-08-13, 18:50

Its already cheap compare to other MRT+hub project throughout the island. I dont think people are waiting for the great sales or deals, rather all the difficult measures that limits them to be lifted or save up quickly to pick up those remaining units. ( - 'please wait for me to build up my cash reserve! :-) )

LaFiestaOwner
23-08-13, 18:52

Nope, not as hot as J Gateway. They releasing block by block. A few released every month.

23-08-13, 19:46
Nowadays with the cm actually government is encouraging developers to sell slowly. Developers also happy they can maximize profit. Buyers all kanna tied up by cm., cannot roti prata the units.

mermaid
24-08-13, 00:10
Nowadays with the cm actually government is encouraging developers to sell slowly. Developers also happy they can maximize profit. Buyers all kanna tied up by cm., cannot roti prata the units.
with cm, the roti aldy chaotar liao still cannot flip over.
den to make the matter worse, bo dai bo ji intro tdsr.
now the dough make liao oso still many unsold.
wait the dough chao sng liao they got a chance to fine the prata man.
they very kiang hor?

Violinbite
24-08-13, 00:28

Shld be so. But this project has too many units over 800, its like two smaller developments combined. Not too bad in a way, cant expect everyone buy condos like buy vegetables under current limiting environment. Just hope EL dont sell it lelong price. Previously they say they move average one unit on every other day.

mermaid
24-08-13, 00:46
Shld be so. But this project has too many units over 800, its like two smaller developments combined. Not too bad in a way, cant expect everyone buy condos like buy vegetables under current limiting environment. Just hope EL dont sell it lelong price. Previously they say they move average one unit on every other day.

I srsly dun tink projects near mrt will nid to resort to lelong selling.
even for those who r slow moving, they got sell lower den vvip meh?
btw, wat is EL?

Violinbite
24-08-13, 07:31
I srsly dun tink projects near mrt will nid to resort to lelong selling.
even for those who r slow moving, they got sell lower den vvip meh?
btw, wat is EL?

EL is the developer for LF. If their balace sheet is clean, I think they should be able to clear all the units before TOP which is still a long way to go, without needing to lelong price. Sometimes, I m wondering if the slow sales has to do with people or ethnic group familiar with Sengkang this area.
Indians foreign workers may like Punggol, Sengkang area as some mentioned, but they can be very savvy financially as compare to some chinese. They may look for lower rents at OCR area like Sengkang, Serangoon or Punggol. Lower yield translate to less attractive to investors. So many may just go for new EC or lower psf PCs aound Sengkang.
When compare Sengkang to places like Tampines, Woodland or even Pasir Ris, it is in someway to me a little less 'iconic' compare to these towns. Eg. Pasir Ris - Downtown East, beach, Ikea. Woodlands - near causeway. Tampines - many great malls and highly linked expressway. Sengkang is like just residential OCR, and it will take a season for general Singaporeans to discover if anything 'iconic' for a relatively newer town. It was once with Jurong East, but now no more - got IMM and huge hubs that cannot escape anyones attention.
Being that is not all bad, it means Sengkang has more future upside than some of these. The residents mainly chinese are likely younger lower tier middle income to mid tier middle income. They will eventually move up and appreciate to invest in this region in furure.:-)

mermaid
24-08-13, 08:45
EL is the developer for LF. If their balace sheet is clean, I think they should be able to clear all the units before TOP which is still a long way to go, without needing to lelong price. Sometimes, I m wondering if the slow sales has to do with people or ethnic group familiar with Sengkang this area.
Indians foreign workers may like Punggol, Sengkang area as some mentioned, but they can be very savvy financially as compare to some chinese. They may look for lower rents at OCR area like Sengkang, Serangoon or Punggol. Lower yield translate to less attractive to investors. So many may just go for new EC or lower psf PCs aound Sengkang.
When compare Sengkang to places like Tampines, Woodland or even Pasir Ris, it is in someway to me a little less 'iconic' compare to these towns. Eg. Pasir Ris - Downtown East, beach, Ikea. Woodlands - near causeway. Tampines - many great malls and highly linked expressway. Sengkang is like just residential OCR, and it will take a season for general Singaporeans to discover if anything 'iconic' for a relatively newer town. It was once with Jurong East, but now no more - got IMM and huge hubs that cannot escape anyones attention.
Being that is not all bad, it means Sengkang has more future upside than some of these. The residents mainly chinese are likely younger lower tier middle income to mid tier middle income. They will eventually move up and appreciate to invest in this region in furure.:-)

I tot LA is under CDL?!
so u bought LA for ownstay or invstmt?

Violinbite
24-08-13, 08:50
I tot LA is under CDL?!
so u bought LA for ownstay or invstmt?

No lah.. La Fiesta by EL. It is Jewel at Buangkok by CDL. Yep. Bought LF for own stay in the future

Eh
24-08-13, 09:57
I look at projects like parc centros or kovan regency and they did very well. So why are some doing well some not? All also near mrt. Pricing could be the reason. But What about J gateway? No logic? :p

pineapple
24-08-13, 09:59
I look at projects like parc centros or kovan regency and they did very well. So why are some doing well some not? All also near mrt. Pricing could be the reason. But What about J gateway? No logic? :p

It's a combi of supply demand and pricing

Eh
24-08-13, 10:04
It's a combi of supply demand and pricing

I would like to think so too. J gateway is the 1st condo near Jurong east mrt to be launched.

rymccondo77
24-08-13, 10:43
It took quite some time for the Luxurie to be sold out so I guess its a matter of time before La Fiesta is sold out too (or at least close to being sold out).

bananaprata
24-08-13, 11:01
i thought the developer were still holding back some stacks

Violinbite
24-08-13, 11:49

The dynamics are larger than logic. We think of logic usually bcos we look at investment point view. Demographic speaking there are many factors. Like my wife, I told her how well Jurong Gateway is doing, and jokingly said we 'should buy one unit', her reaction is 'don't be crazy, I won't stay there, so out of place' - if ladies are generally 'like that' and husbands (even investing savvy ones) will have difficulties relocate another home outside their current home region. That's why am still stuck in D19.:) Most investors, if permit me to side track a bit - locals, Singaporean males, married with already a home.
Thus, Jurong Gateway, buyers are at large staying in the west and familiar with that region and already pretty well-off financially compare to Sengkang and Punggol where majority still working up primarily their first property. Usually as a home, they will target affordability than very very prime exact location.
Nevertheless, I have faith that, LF is an excellent investment PCs as there are only three PCs in the heart of Sengkang Hub. It will definitely appeal to next generation who has build their home in this region. :)

wangwe
24-08-13, 13:13

To chip in, Kovan Regency was somewhere I was interested in as well, and I visited the show flat a couple of times. On one occasion after launch when most of the family units were sold out, I asked the agent why KR was so popular and she told me that many of the clients were people buying their second or third or fourth unit, having all lived in the kovan area, including places like kovan melody and residence, and seeing their relatively good rental yield and capital appreciation levels. So it does sound like having familiarity with the area, as someone mentioned, plays a role. But perhaps also there having been some past experience through earlier developments which gave some certainty to investors?

henryhk
24-08-13, 13:33
To chip in, Kovan Regency was somewhere I was interested in as well, and I visited the show flat a couple of times. On one occasion after launch when most of the family units were sold out, I asked the agent why KR was so popular and she told me that many of the clients were people buying their second or third or fourth unit, having all lived in the kovan area, including places like kovan melody and residence, and seeing their relatively good rental yield and capital appreciation levels. So it does sound like having familiarity with the area, as someone mentioned, plays a role. But perhaps also there having been some past experience through earlier developments which gave some certainty to investors?
Ya, was there seeing my sis bidding for a 2-bed room unit, last unit, take it or leave it!! Many people buy 2 or 3 units....like is iskandar condo....many of them already make tons of $ from kovan melody, residence....

LaFiestaOwner
24-08-13, 13:39

Eh, I don't think the rest are doing very well leh. You look at Jewel @Buangkok? I thinking pricing is very reasonable for La Fiesta. You do your resrach up and down 1 mrt station, you will find this is the best. Luxurie just sold out in Mar this year, depsite being launched a long time ago. Treasure Trove also not fully sold out despite building. Only J Gateway is the supreme one. But too bad, I don't have that type of money to pay $1475, was willing to pay $1239 only.

LaFiestaOwner
24-08-13, 13:46

I went to Kovan but I have to tell you I am not impressed. U compare, mall, yes, both have. U compare, MRT, both have. U compare bus interchange, both have. U compare distance and shelter to MRT. La Fiesta wins hands down. It is FULLY covered. Some condos are partially covered but u still have to run across a road unsheltered and get drenched by the time u reach work place. U compare facilities if u are renting it out. Hospital coming up soon. Seletar Air Base. U compare price, convenience and possible rental, u can see the difference. I don't stay at Sengkang, so I have to do my research well and it does not matter Kovan, Punggol, Sengkang and Hougang. I finally decided on Sengkang, given price plus location. Go have a look, see whether for example, Kovan Melody or the Quartz is worth the "high rental".

Eh
24-08-13, 14:59
It took quite some time for the Luxurie to be sold out so I guess its a matter of time before La Fiesta is sold out too (or at least close to being sold out).

I have no doubt sooner or later it will be sold out too but what I am prompting is why some projects near mrt sold out very fast why some are not. I think it's worth discussing and analysing.

Eh
24-08-13, 15:02
i thought the developer were still holding back some stacks

Question for the developer, Why need to hold back if you have confidence in the project?

Eh
24-08-13, 15:18
The dynamics are larger than logic. We think of logic usually bcos we look at investment point view. Demographic speaking there are many factors. Like my wife, I told her how well Jurong Gateway is doing, and jokingly said we 'should buy one unit', her reaction is 'don't be crazy, I won't stay there, so out of place' - if ladies are generally 'like that' and husbands (even investing savvy ones) will have difficulties relocate another home outside their current home region. That's why am still stuck in D19.:) Most investors, if permit me to side track a bit - locals, Singaporean males, married with already a home.
Thus, Jurong Gateway, buyers are at large staying in the west and familiar with that region and already pretty well-off financially compare to Sengkang and Punggol where majority still working up primarily their first property. Usually as a home, they will target affordability than very very prime exact location.
Nevertheless, I have faith that, LF is an excellent investment PCs as there are only three PCs in the heart of Sengkang Hub. It will definitely appeal to next generation who has build their home in this region. :)

Between me and my wife we are ok to stay any part of singapore other than woodlands. But since we have kids, just like you we will be sticking with D19. From investment point of view, I have my own "favourite" districts, although I know where I stand and will never pretend I canrub shoulders with people who can afford to buy D9 10 11. I prefer to stick to places where I am familiar with.

I am also familiar with Jurong too. It's one of the easiest place to rent out your property because over there you have all kinds of tenants. I would rank 2nd or on par with Clementi. Even commercial is doing very well. I am very sure there is a greater demand for shops at Jurong point than orchard.

If you are a teochew like me, or a Catholics as well, you will stick to a district where you are most comfortable with.