PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of marry a girl who work as a doctor?

roly8
22-11-12, 15:05
average looking, personality and figure...

but her face is abit 'serious' type..:scared-5:

:o

carbuncle
22-11-12, 15:08
like this?

http://images.forbes.com/media/lists/11/2007/OO5O.jpg

roly8
22-11-12, 15:09
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
give me 10 million...i also don't want..
:scared-5:

like this?

Laguna
22-11-12, 15:10

for u?
what are u marrying her for?
look? career? money?

roly8
22-11-12, 15:11
for u?
what are u marrying her for?
look? career? money? i think the money..to be frank :beats-me-man:
thinking of two financially stable person to support the condo/landed house together in future..

good question there, mr laguna :(

radha08
22-11-12, 15:13
i think the money..to be frank :beats-me-man:
thinking of two financially stable person to support the condo/landed house together in future..

cannot apply bto...maybe ec can..:D:D:D:D

Laguna
22-11-12, 15:15
My girl has a male colleage, very good looking, and tall, high earner. Change girl friend every 3 months, now found a superb rich China girl, ugly, and he decided this girl is THE ONE.

nalimakk
22-11-12, 15:16
If i will got the opportunity will never miss the chance :P:scared-2:

radha08
22-11-12, 15:18
My girl has a male colleage, very good looking, and tall, high earner. Change girl friend every 3 months, now found a superb rich China girl, ugly, and he decided this girl is THE ONE.

beauty lies in the eye of the beholder....william SHAKESspeare...

i think he shake too much....wahahaha...:D:D:D

roly8
22-11-12, 15:27

omg...

:hell-hath-no-fury:

phantom_opera
22-11-12, 15:30
bro roly .. happiness is the key ... dun u read the salary survey that most happy workers are earning 8-9k, > 10k monthly salary all stressed??

so ideal family is husband/wife work and earning 8-9k each

and your personality and hers match in heaven or not ... soul mate?

:D

Vincegoh
22-11-12, 15:31

maybe u shld follow your quote's wisdom...

carbuncle
22-11-12, 15:31
omg...

:hell-hath-no-fury:

go money no prob can plastic surgery

chestnut
22-11-12, 15:33
bro roly .. happiness is the key ... dun u read the salary survey that most happy workers are earning 8-9k, > 10k monthly salary all stressed??

Haha.. So if a person earns 9k and boss wants to give 10% increment - violently object... And say "if u do this, I will not be happy - literally".

Just joking... One has to assess if he can take the "stress". It depends on capability...

Vincegoh
22-11-12, 15:34

when i first started work.. not exactly happy (earning below 8-9k).. after hitting 8-9k (still not happy)... earning above 10k also still not happy.

think happiest time was during first and sophomore years when can relac and sian char boh.. at that time no income. :hell-hath-no-fury:

so happiness survey based on salary range is crap.. key thing is contentment (easier said than done).

phantom_opera
22-11-12, 15:34
how about her, property tycoon, just divorce

http://img.21cbh.com/uploadfile/2012/1121/20121121023957125.jpg

http://img.21cbh.com/uploadfile/2012/1121/20121121022612755.jpg

phantom_opera
22-11-12, 15:36
when i first started work.. not exactly happy (earning below 8-9k).. after hitting 8-9k (still not happy)... earning above 10k also still not happy.

think happiest time was during first and sophomore years when can relac and sian char boh.. at that time no income. :hell-hath-no-fury:

so happiness survey based on salary range is crap.. key thing is contentment (easier said than done).

may be you are in special industry ... salary survey is meant to be generic .. it actually make sense

worker ants - $3k-$6k
middle tier manager - $8k - $9k (normally old timers, snake head)
one down from CXO - $15k
CXO - $30k-$50k

one down from CXO stressed by CXO, CXO stressed by the board of directors :D

Vincegoh
22-11-12, 15:39
may be you are in special industry ... salary survey is meant to be generic .. it actually make sense

worker ants - $3k-$6k
middle tier manager - $8k - $9k (normally old timers, snake head)
one down from CXO - $15k
CXO - $30k-$50k

one down from CXO stressed by CXO, CXO stressed by the board of directors :D

ok ok.. will come back to u again when i start earning 30-50k pm (tankuku dou mei you) to see if maybe my happiness range is higher. :D

eng81157
22-11-12, 15:40
how about this instead?

auroraborealis
22-11-12, 15:43
this better:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linda-Chung-Ka-Yan/193826173967006

how about this instead?

carbuncle
22-11-12, 15:45
how about this instead?

if this one i dun mind turn str8 for her wakakaka

zzz1
22-11-12, 15:46

Doc don have family time .. Mostly work very late and nn regular knock out time. Due to the call of duty , weeks ends also kana burnt..

Or that is a blessing ??

Vincegoh
22-11-12, 15:46
this better:

i was also looking for her pic to post up.. u beat me to it. :p

my dream girl.. :cheers5:

Vincegoh
22-11-12, 15:48
if this one i dun mind turn str8 for her wakakaka

boss, out of curiousity can ask u a couple qns boh (if not comfortable pls ignore me)..

1) have u dated a girl before u realised u prefer boys?

2) if yes for above qn... then when she strip naked.. are u not turned on at all? :confused:

auroraborealis
22-11-12, 15:51
:cheers5: goddess calibre

i was also looking for her pic to post up.. u beat me to it. :p

my dream girl.. :cheers5:

carbuncle
22-11-12, 15:53
boss, out of curiousity can ask u a couple qns boh (if not comfortable pls ignore me)..

1) have u dated a girl before u realised u prefer boys?

2) if yes for above qn... then when she strip naked.. are u not turned on at all? :confused:

pri sch i in lup with top gal in class. demure and quiet n pleasant look type. then suddenly i end up lusting after my competition - an early puberty boy whose bedrm smelt full of sp***.

when in late twenties i visited pros in bkk... quite njoy... breast is like tofu very nice n smooth. but h0le bit loose...

so for me anything with h0le is fine. no animals pls.

guess i prefer boys coz less melodrama n emo. but after in the scene like 18yrs i come across many gaymen all cmi emo n drama n messed up.

roly8
22-11-12, 15:53
this better:
wa
chio bu!! :scared-4::scared-4:

but most likely got bad tempered ..
hard to handle for this type of girl :o

phantom_opera
22-11-12, 15:54
ok ok.. will come back to u again when i start earning 30-50k pm (tankuku dou mei you) to see if maybe my happiness range is higher. :D

http://1funny.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/corporate-dogs.jpg

Vincegoh
22-11-12, 15:56
pri sch i in lup with top gal in class. demure and quiet n pleasant look type. then suddenly i end up lusting after my competition - an early puberty boy whose bedrm smelt full of sp***.

when in late twenties i visited pros in bkk... quite njoy... breast is like tofu very nice n smooth. but h0le bit loose...

guess i prefer boys coz less melodrama n emo. but after in the scene like 18yrs i come across many gaymen all cmi emo n drama n messed up.

okie.. lidat u more bi than gay...

anyway juz curious nia. hope i din cause any offence.. :cheers6:

Vincegoh
22-11-12, 15:58
haha.. good one!

roly8
22-11-12, 15:58

true story :scared-4:

LOL!

buttercarp
22-11-12, 16:06

What type of doctor?
If those that need to perform surgery one or gynae, then you must be prepared to see little of her.
But of course better income.

If is GP, then flexible. But of course less income.

Can you make intelligent conversation?
I mean are you the sociable type?
Cos when doctors meet up, they usually talk about doctor stuff, so you might feel left out if you can't initiate other forms of conversation.

Finally can you be her pillar of support?
Cos as a woman, the wife will want her husband to be superior to her intellectually and emotionally (and of course financially, if possible- this one not so important).

carbuncle
22-11-12, 16:07
okie.. lidat u more bi than gay...

anyway juz curious nia. hope i din cause any offence.. :cheers6:

aiya.... tot wat.... tot u wanna date me out

actualy for me to attract gals is ez... some of my gal frens also like to smoch smooch frenchies n make me touch their breasts when high in clubs. but i got some issues. one i dont like kids. two i also like to see n touch good looking men...

if the woman can handle it then by all means lets go for hdb bto wakakakakaka

Vincegoh
22-11-12, 16:08

u shld ask roly8.. think he will love to date u out (if u buy him an apt) :p

anyway, i noe u said before u will never meet a forumner... so ask u also will get rejected.. :o

phantom_opera
22-11-12, 16:08
Finally can you be her pillar of support?
Cos as a woman, the wife will want her husband to be superior to her intellectually and emotionally (and of course financially, if possible- this one not so important).

Walao ... doctor of course excels both intellectually and emotionally ... you know memorizing muscles, tendons, blood vessels and bones are so difficult

unless bro roly himself is doctor :cheers1:

Vincegoh
22-11-12, 16:10
Walao ... doctor of course excels both intellectually and emotionally

seriously doubt so. if not roly8 won't be asking such a question in the first place.

scarli roly8 is YW's wifey's brother (that adopted one).. shares YW's determism to get an apt regardless of shou duan. :hell-hath-no-fury: :p

spyro
22-11-12, 16:10
like this?

I really laugh out loud lor!!

carbuncle
22-11-12, 16:12
u shld ask roly8.. think he will love to date u out (if u buy him an apt) :p

anyway, i noe u said before u will never meet a forumner... so ask u also will get rejected.. :o

after u reveal ur salary range i ok if u date me out leh... wakakakaka

at least i know u wont ask me to pay for ur kopi

buttercarp
22-11-12, 16:13
Walao ... doctor of course excels both intellectually and emotionally ... you know memorizing muscles, tendons, blood vessels and bones are so difficult

So roly has to surpass his doctor gf intellectually and emotionally to gain her confidence in him.
Doctor also human, so also need tender loving care.

Ya hor, mabbe roly is a doctor.
Otherwise where he get $300k when he only 30 years old.....
But wait, doctor got so much money at this age meh?

carbuncle
22-11-12, 16:14
true story :scared-4:

LOL!

yes 100% true story.... Ms Angela Tan are u ard.... i am YKW ur penpal

phantom_opera
22-11-12, 16:14
So roly has to surpass his doctor gf intellectually and emotionally to gain her confidence in him.
Doctor also human, so also need tender loving care.

Otherwise where he get $300k when he only 30 years old.

Hmm ... that DR Clement who sold option courses :scared-3:

buttercarp
22-11-12, 16:15

Who is this doctor?

Vincegoh
22-11-12, 16:25

actualy for me to attract gals is ez... some of my gal frens also like to smoch smooch frenchies n make me touch their breasts when high in clubs. but i got some issues. one i dont like kids. two i also like to see n touch good looking men...

if the woman can handle it then by all means lets go for hdb bto wakakakakaka

i'm interested in meeting your gal frens. :hell-hath-no-fury: :D

Vincegoh
22-11-12, 16:28
after u reveal ur salary range i ok if u date me out leh... wakakakaka

at least i know u wont ask me to pay for ur kopi

forum is faceless.. alot of fakies. i can say anything i like or fancy.. i.e. i earn a quadrillion bucks a minute. :cheers6:

maybe i'll rob u when i meet u? lol... :p

but on a serious note, i love buying frens lunches and drinks if they can offer me intelligent conversation (which u surely can). so if u are on, i sure on one!

carbuncle
22-11-12, 16:31
forum is faceless.. alot of fakies. i can say anything i like or fancy.. i.e. i earn a quadrillion bucks a minute. :cheers6:

maybe i'll rob u when i meet u? lol... :p

but on a serious note, i love buying frens lunches and drinks if they can offer me intelligent conversation (which u surely can). so if u are on, i sure on one!

now im scared. i think Vincegoh is the real DP.
look at his avatar tagline.

Vincegoh
22-11-12, 16:33

think he's hiding in jakarta now :confused: or maybe he's Kishore. :doh: :D

300k in savings from purely working for 5 yrs is limited to certain industries (i.e. investment banking in the financial services, IT wizkid etc). but if so, then i know many IB who plonk 1 bonus in 1 house each yr. so, he's definitely a queer high earner if he haven't "dare" buy an apt despite his high paying jobs.

or maybe he's damn good at investments (which then is highly probable why he still haven bought a property cos the opportunity cost is too high). downpayment monies fighting with his other investments for priority. :rolleyes:

phantom_opera
Who is this doctor?

SINGAPORE - A company belonging to a self-styled expert on option trading lost an appeal yesterday against claims awarded by the Small Claims Tribunal to 48 people amounting to $176,583.

They had filed the claims after The Straits Times reported that Freely Pte Ltd's founder, Mr Clemen Chiang (picture), allegedly obtained his doctorate in option trading from an unaccredited university.

The 48 people claimed they would not have attended Mr Chiang's three-day course on option trading or bought a $960 computer program if he was not the holder of a PhD from an accredited university.

In yesterday's appeal in the High Court, Freely alleged that the company was not given a fair hearing by the Tribunal hearing in March.

The Tribunal is part of the Subordinate Courts and a Referee - who can be a Magistrate, a District Judge or a Senior Officer - can hear claims involving the sale of goods or services not exceeding $10,000.

"The Referee appeared to have made up his mind even before the hearing was concluded, as his immediate oral decision, which he read from a prepared text, took about two hours to be read out, with translation into Mandarin," said Freely's lawyer, Senior Counsel Giam Chin Toon.

But Justice Woo Bih Li, who heard yesterday's appeal, countered that it was common for judges to write their judgments and make the necessary changes, even as the hearing is ongoing.

After a day's hearing, the High Court judge dismissed Freely's appeal without citing his grounds of decision. The Tribunal has more than 400 claims against Freely still to be heard.

buttercarp

OMG.... so many people seem to be DP.
Looks like DP is everywhere.
I like his wakakakaka........

Vincegoh
22-11-12, 16:34

i used this tagline since i joined forum lah.. u mean we have the same tagline? :beats-me-man:

if i got DP's wisdom i huat liao... wun be here lurking trying to learn from all the gurus. :o

phantom_opera
22-11-12, 16:35
yes, I sometimes miss his wakakakaka

I use it sometimes too .. just copy cat :ashamed1:

carbuncle
22-11-12, 16:36
i used this tagline since i joined forum lah.. u mean we have the same tagline? :beats-me-man:

if i got DP's wisdom i huat liao... wun be here lurking trying to learn from all the gurus. :o

r u goodlooking? if so i better not meet u else i will have designz on u... while u r talking my eyes will be focusing elsewhere....

buttercarp
22-11-12, 16:37
SINGAPORE - A company belonging to a self-styled expert on option trading lost an appeal yesterday against claims awarded by the Small Claims Tribunal to 48 people amounting to $176,583.

They had filed the claims after The Straits Times reported that Freely Pte Ltd's founder, Mr Clemen Chiang (picture), allegedly obtained his doctorate in option trading from an unaccredited university.

The 48 people claimed they would not have attended Mr Chiang's three-day course on option trading or bought a $960 computer program if he was not the holder of a PhD from an accredited university.

In yesterday's appeal in the High Court, Freely alleged that the company was not given a fair hearing by the Tribunal hearing in March.

The Tribunal is part of the Subordinate Courts and a Referee - who can be a Magistrate, a District Judge or a Senior Officer - can hear claims involving the sale of goods or services not exceeding $10,000.

"The Referee appeared to have made up his mind even before the hearing was concluded, as his immediate oral decision, which he read from a prepared text, took about two hours to be read out, with translation into Mandarin," said Freely's lawyer, Senior Counsel Giam Chin Toon.

But Justice Woo Bih Li, who heard yesterday's appeal, countered that it was common for judges to write their judgments and make the necessary changes, even as the hearing is ongoing.

After a day's hearing, the High Court judge dismissed Freely's appeal without citing his grounds of decision. The Tribunal has more than 400 claims against Freely still to be heard.

Thanks bro for the info.
At least this one is not a fake medical doctor.

phantom_opera
22-11-12, 16:39
Thanks bro for the info.
At least this one is not a fake medical doctor.

How about plastic surgeon in Medan ... Singaporean doctor woh :eek:

lifeline
22-11-12, 16:39

bro roly8, the person you marry must of course be someone YOU love and can share / chat with - your soul mate. your heart will tell you the answer. finances must not factor in, cos you are already rich and in times to come can only be richer. it is the journey together that is going to matter... who do you want to partner with?

phantom_opera
22-11-12, 16:43
oh no ... mr roly is going for emotionless Singaporean .... Russian Tiger in Madagascar 3 u know ;)

http://www.tremeritus.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/g1.gif

http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/2012_madagascar_3_vitaly-Bryan-Cranston.jpg

buttercarp
22-11-12, 16:47
How about plastic surgeon in Medan ... Singaporean doctor woh :eek:

Hey...how come I nebber hear about this?
When was it reported?
Who is this person?

phantom_opera
22-11-12, 16:48
Hey...how come I nebber hear about this?
When was it reported?
Who is this person?

it was shown recently in TV ... forgot channel 8 or channel U ... really an eye opener .... :tongue3:

bsslang
22-11-12, 16:49
An eye opener, property forum can also provide marriage counselling...:)

buttercarp
22-11-12, 16:51
it was shown recently in TV ... forgot channel 8 or channel U ... really an eye opener .... :tongue3:

Sorry, can you please enlighten me?
Was the doctor fake or real?

carbuncle
22-11-12, 16:52
Let me list out my criteria...

1. Must own a few properties
2. Dont want and dont like children.... if relly relly want... ok la max 1
3. Love cats and dogs
4. Earns good income in stable job
5. Looks decent.
6. Kind and gentle demeanor. Not bitchy nor gossipy.
7. Not materialistic and manages finances well.
8. Slim figure with long hair. Height between 165-170.
9. OK with me being househusband.
10. Age below 40.

If got such I dont mind try dating wakakakaka.

phantom_opera
22-11-12, 16:59
Sorry, can you please enlighten me?
Was the doctor fake or real?

it is real, girls went there, lipo suction until like 僵尸 .. but don't know qualification is real or not

chiaberry
22-11-12, 17:05

If you need to ask the forum members here, in my opinion, the answer should be NO.

Especially if it's for the $$$, that's not enough to make a lasting marriage.

From your description above, you aren't exactly bowled over by her.

cavaliver
22-11-12, 17:06
Most doctors do not make a lot of money before 30 because they are either serving their government bonds ( if they are local grads) or undergoing specialist training.
Female doctors have the option of working as a permanent part-time in group practice ( enjoying employee benefits) or as a locum in family clinic if they want to spend more time with their kids.
It is actually a very good choice if you love her. :)

carbuncle
22-11-12, 17:13
think we all jumped the gun.

could be

Vet (animal doctor)
Spin doctor
Sex doctor
Doctor of Philosophy
Mental doctor (psychologist)
Word doctor (writer, editor)

phantom_opera
22-11-12, 17:16
http://elixirdevie.sg/about.html

it is him :scared-5:

carbuncle
22-11-12, 17:22
http://elixirdevie.sg/about.html

it is him :scared-5:

ok. people like him are precisely the reason why i find it so difficult to turn str8. muahahshshshsha

sherlock
22-11-12, 19:08
like this?

Guffaws!! I fell of my chair :scared-4:

Shoeboxsupporter
22-11-12, 20:26
cannot apply bto...maybe ec can..:D:D:D:D

Doctor not interested in EC, only PentHouse......:D :D :D :D :D

buttercarp
22-11-12, 20:48
Doctor not interested in EC, only PentHouse......:D :D :D :D :D

Young doctor don't have a choice, unless got rich parents.
Mabbe can afford BTO only.

buttercarp
22-11-12, 20:52
Most doctors do not make a lot of money before 30 because they are either serving their government bonds ( if they are local grads) or undergoing specialist training.
Female doctors have the option of working as a permanent part-time in group practice ( enjoying employee benefits) or as a locum in family clinic if they want to spend more time with their kids.
It is actually a very good choice if you love her. :)

So female be locum GP is a very good deal.
Not many professions let you have this kind of flexibility.

Roly, you should take this into consideration.

Also come to think of it, female doctors tend to dress plainly, sometimes their fashion sense sucks, so they are low maintenance females.
I think most of them don't smoke or drink, so they are mostly "kwai" and not "hiau" type of girls.

Shoeboxsupporter
22-11-12, 20:57

Also come to think of it, female doctors tend to dress plainly, sometimes their fashion sense sucks, so they are low maintenance females.
I think most of them don't smoke or drink, so they are mostly "kwai" and not "hiau" type of girls.

But Locum GP don have $$$$$, Roly want Financial Stability........:tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :D :D :D

ilgr
22-11-12, 20:59

wow quite spot on hahahah. i know a couple of exceptions though

roly8
22-11-12, 21:15
me like plain jane :D:D:D
also healthy kind :cheers4:

buttercarp
22-11-12, 21:20

Hey, then go for her!
It is good to have a low maintenance wife.

Shoeboxsupporter
22-11-12, 21:21
Young doctor don't have a choice, unless got rich parents.
Mabbe can afford BTO only.

Doctor is Blue Chip........must hold long term.......now earn less but future earn more........10 or 20 bagger stocks...........:D :D :D :cheers4:

Shoeboxsupporter
22-11-12, 21:22
Hey, then go for her!

Agree, low investment cost high return in long term.....every year get good dividen yield.......:D :tongue3:

buttercarp
22-11-12, 21:22
Doctor is Blue Chip........must hold long term.......now earn less but future earn more........10 or 20 bagger stocks...........:D :D :D :cheers4:

ROTFL!!!!
Well said :cheers5: !

Shoeboxsupporter
22-11-12, 21:26
Hey, then go for her!

Free Medical Consultancy Services :D :D :D

chiaberry
22-11-12, 21:31

And what do you have to offer in return?

:D :D :D

If she's a doctor then why is she still single and available? The medical cohort has less girls and guys and the "good" ones would usually get snapped up pretty fast even before they qualify.

Shoeboxsupporter
22-11-12, 21:33

If she's a doctor then why is she still single and available? The medical cohort has less girls and guys and the "good" ones would usually get snapped up pretty fast even before they qualify.

Is she >80kg ? :D :D :D

buttercarp
22-11-12, 21:36
Is she >80kg ? :D :D :D

You have to look at the BMI and not just the weight!

Shoeboxsupporter
22-11-12, 21:42
You have to look at the BMI and not just the weight!

Agree, if 80kg, must be minimum >1.8m in order not to be overweight.........:D :D :D :D

Shanhz
23-11-12, 08:22
this better:

give me 5! my favourite girl.

Shanhz
23-11-12, 08:24
Otherwise where he get $300k when he only 30 years old.....
But wait, doctor got so much money at this age meh?

doctor where got so free everyday read condosingapore

roly8
23-11-12, 08:33

yea..true
good one all taken up very fast :banghead:

vip
23-11-12, 08:33
What's the big fuss about marrying a doctor? I also married one.

It's just a profession afterall.

In fact, being a doctor is more than a profession. It is a 'calling', similar to being a priest, a teacher or a nurse. And this is the first thing you are told in medical school.

If you want to be rich, don't be a doctor - be a banker, a fund manager, an investor, an entrepreneur or a CEO of a listed company. Because no amount of money can compensate the hours you spent to study/upgrade your medical knowledge/skills, the strenous hours and efforts you put in to cure your patients. Any doctor who thinks only of making money out of patients is against the principles of being a doctor.

You marrry someone NOT for his/her profession, but for love and lifetime companionship.

It makes no difference if one day your spouse is not practising, you still keep your promise to love, honor, comfort him/her, in sickness and in health.

Of course you can marry someone for his/her income or for a living. Just don't expect the respect and equality you enjoy from a normal relationship.

buttercarp
23-11-12, 08:52
What's the big fuss about marrying a doctor? I also married one.

It's just a profession afterall.

In fact, being a doctor is more than a profession. It is a 'calling', similar to being a priest, a teacher or a nurse. And this is the first thing you are told in medical school.

If you want to be rich, don't be a doctor - be a banker, a fund manager, an investor, an entrepreneur or a CEO of a listed company. Because no amount of money can compensate the hours you spent to study/upgrade your medical knowledge/skills, the strenous hours and efforts you put in to cure your patients. Any doctor who thinks only of making money out of patients is against the principles of being a doctor.

You marrry someone NOT for his/her profession, but for love and lifetime companionship.

It makes no difference if one day your spouse is not practising, you still keep your promise to love, honor, comfort him/her, in sickness and in health.

Of course you can marry someone for his/her income or for a living. Just don't expect the respect and equality you enjoy from a normal relationship.

It is advantageous to have a doctor spouse, especially one who has his own practice.
Then you no need to waste time queuing up at clinics.
You can get treatment easily.
You can be quite reassured of the diagnosis and if not, your spouse can refer you to the relevant speciality.

Of course the trade off is that you may have less time with your spouse or your spouse may get called off to attend to emergencies when you are in the midst of some important events.

Emma
23-11-12, 09:08
haha i think this will leave most gals very unimpressed - sure win way to not get a second date.

vip
23-11-12, 09:13
It is advantageous to have a doctor spouse, especially one who has his own practice.
Then you no need to waste time queuing up at clinics.
You can get treatment easily.
You can be quite reassured of the diagnosis and if not, your spouse can refer you to the relevant speciality.

Of course the trade off is that you may have less time with your spouse or your spouse may get called off to attend to emergencies when you are in the midst of some important events.

Yes, I am enjoying all the convenience now. This is especially true if you want to have babies - free consultation from the best gynae, no delivery charge, baby vaccinations done at home, 'medication on demand', etc.

Specialists usually give doctor's spouse discount or no charge if they know each other.

Working long hours is part and parcel of a doctor's job, including shifts at night and Saturdays/Sundays.

auroraborealis
23-11-12, 09:23
:cheers4: :D

give me 5! my favourite girl.

zeamybro
23-11-12, 09:29
To me the physical attraction or sexual appeal must be there, you wouldnt want to hug a woman on bed every night if she doesn even attract you right from the start...

As for true love, to me it doesn come readily in a packaged form. It has to be built with time... the happiness and challenges you have gone through together. To fall in love with someone and love someone are 2 very diff thing. The former does not take more than a min, but the latter takes years...

In finding a partner, i think its impt to look for someone who enjoys similar lifestyle and and share the same vision in life as me. No pt if i find someone who loves to travel a lot whereas i am the homely type, someone who loves kids but i detest screams and cries, someone who is sticky whereas i am the independent type ... or someone who see $$$ as v impt but i prefer a more lay back life.

buttercarp
23-11-12, 14:00
Recently I tried to match make a guy friend who graduated from an Ivy League college with a lady doctor.
It was so awkward.
The guy was forthcoming and natural but the lady doctor was like :doh: .
Dunno whether it is because of all the years of studying and working in a hospital that makes her incompatible conversationally or what!

carbuncle
23-11-12, 15:10
is the guy open minded? i oso very froth cumming.

nalimakk
23-11-12, 16:15
beauty lies in the eye of the beholder....william SHAKESspeare...

i think he shake too much....wahahaha...:D:D:D

it's unique Lolzz

einnoc
23-11-12, 16:54
Pardon me, but yr reason for marrying is just to support the pte ppty loans?Then why go thru the hassle of dating (cld be wks/mths/years)= loss of time = $ too? Buy the ppty but must share with the other pax? If both do not have similar taste n lifestyle, even reno works in your hse might result in unhappiness. Lastly, when children comes into the picture, things might get complicated if there isn't love in the 1st place.

On the other hand, if u really love the lady, u wld not have mind if she's rich or not coz u will be more than willing to provide her a lifetime. The marriage vow....if u can't fulfil it, dun go into it....To face someone u dun love for a lifetime will be torturous for u n for her.

ysyap
23-11-12, 20:10
To me the physical attraction or sexual appeal must be there, you wouldnt want to hug a woman on bed every night if she doesn even attract you right from the start...

As for true love, to me it doesn come readily in a packaged form. It has to be built with time... the happiness and challenges you have gone through together. To fall in love with someone and love someone are 2 very diff thing. The former does not take more than a min, but the latter takes years...

In finding a partner, i think its impt to look for someone who enjoys similar lifestyle and and share the same vision in life as me. No pt if i find someone who loves to travel a lot whereas i am the homely type, someone who loves kids but i detest screams and cries, someone who is sticky whereas i am the independent type ... or someone who see $$$ as v impt but i prefer a more lay back life.Good advise! A poor couple earning < $2k/mth may be happier than a rich couple earning > $200k/mth.

chiaberry
24-11-12, 09:16
Yes, I am enjoying all the convenience now. This is especially true if you want to have babies - free consultation from the best gynae, no delivery charge, baby vaccinations done at home, 'medication on demand', etc.

Specialists usually give doctor's spouse discount or no charge if they know each other.

Working long hours is part and parcel of a doctor's job, including shifts at night and Saturdays/Sundays.

Very pai-seh to get "free" consults therefore end up having to search for suitable "present" to give to the colleagues who treated you or your family members.

One of the reasons lady docs are "low maintenance" is because they don't have time to shop, dress up overly or put jewellery or make up.

buttercarp
24-11-12, 10:12
Very pai-seh to get "free" consults therefore end up having to search for suitable "present" to give to the colleagues who treated you or your family members.

One of the reasons lady docs are "low maintenance" is because they don't have time to shop, dress up overly or put jewellery or make up.

I reckon that there is no incentive for lady doctors to dress up.
The patients are ill and usually will not pay attention to how they dress.
How they dress will not affect the outcome of their job, in fact it might hinder their movement in times of emergency eg wearing high heels, wearing bulky jewellery.
And for those who work in the operating theatre, they are constantly masked up, so there is no necessity for make up and cannot wear jewellery, not even a ring.

chiaberry
24-11-12, 10:29
In restructured hospitals, the docs and dentists wear hospital attire ("scrubs").

As a matrimonial partner, you might have to accept that your doctor spouse seems at times to be married to their work rather than you. And even in private practice patients are becoming so demanding these days that you can't get away from them. They will bombard your handphone with desperate calls and messages. It is essentially a very high end service industry. Not an easy occupation like you think. Only a few rake in the millions. There are many who slog for much less $$$ than you condoforum members and with a lot more disturbance to their physical and mental welfare. It's those few high earners who distort the public's perception of the medical profession.

roly8
24-11-12, 12:11
Pardon me, but yr reason for marrying is just to support the pte ppty loans?Then why go thru the hassle of dating (cld be wks/mths/years)= loss of time = $ too? Buy the ppty but must share with the other pax? If both do not have similar taste n lifestyle, even reno works in your hse might result in unhappiness. Lastly, when children comes into the picture, things might get complicated if there isn't love in the 1st place.

On the other hand, if u really love the lady, u wld not have mind if she's rich or not coz u will be more than willing to provide her a lifetime. The marriage vow....if u can't fulfil it, dun go into it....To face someone u dun love for a lifetime will be torturous for u n for her.

not just loan la..
if can find someone u like and still have comfortable combined income, it is a bonus.. :D

In finding a partner, i think its impt to look for someone who enjoys similar lifestyle and and share the same vision in life as me. No pt if i find someone who loves to travel a lot whereas i am the homely type, someone who loves kids but i detest screams and cries, someone who is sticky whereas i am the independent type ... or someone who see $$$ as v impt but i prefer a more lay back life.

thumb up! :o

I reckon that there is no incentive for lady doctors to dress up.
The patients are ill and usually will not pay attention to how they dress.
How they dress will not affect the outcome of their job, in fact it might hinder their movement in times of emergency eg wearing high heels, wearing bulky jewellery.
And for those who work in the operating theatre, they are constantly masked up, so there is no necessity for make up and cannot wear jewellery, not even a ring.

yea~ plain jane

In restructured hospitals, the docs and dentists wear hospital attire ("scrubs").

As a matrimonial partner, you might have to accept that your doctor spouse seems at times to be married to their work rather than you. And even in private practice patients are becoming so demanding these days that you can't get away from them. They will bombard your handphone with desperate calls and messages. It is essentially a very high end service industry. Not an easy occupation like you think. Only a few rake in the millions. There are many who slog for much less $$$ than you condoforum members and with a lot more disturbance to their physical and mental welfare. It's those few high earners who distort the public's perception of the medical profession.

like what dr richard teo say... target the rich taitai :o . first year already earn 1 million..
average GP won't earn much

Shanhz
24-11-12, 12:41
And even in private practice patients are becoming so demanding these days that you can't get away from them. They will bombard your handphone with desperate calls and messages. It is essentially a very high end service industry.

well said.

just like i always consider lawyers high-end english teachers

maisonjai
24-11-12, 18:48
bro roly
If this is the woman u been looking for, u can have my blessings. :cheers5:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JOb03rdwo4k/TWSD39DBKCI/AAAAAAAABfs/r2vcNcZWAwc/s1600/dr%2Bsusan%2Blim.jpg

http://topnews.ae/images/Surgeon-Susan-Lim.jpg

http://www.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/business/03Mar12/others/20120302.110205_mar0112_susanlimsentosacove.jpg
Indian national buys Susan Lim's Sentosa Cove home for $39 million

chiaberry
24-11-12, 19:02
LOL never take those front cover photos on Tatler, Prestige etc seriously. The "real" person doesn't look anything like that. Not referring to the doc above. I was once at a meeting with another apparently "high society" doc who was "admiring" her photo on front cover of Tatler and twiddling her long hair with satisfaction. I was bemused that the photo did not show up some of the features like pock marks etc. The wonders of modern technology.....

@roly:
The ones whose photos appear in the magazines are high maintenance.

roly8
24-11-12, 19:47
why you guys always recommend old woman to me :doh:

but it is alright..
since most young woman are not as rich as those older woman :o