PDA

View Full Version : Yummy food in malaysia

roly8
17-11-12, 10:12
anyone miss the food in malaysia?

i find malaysia food are soooooo nice & yummy. Big portion and good value for money.

care to share what you will eat when you visit this places the next time:

penang
malacca

i don't know any other states..maybe you guys share your food story here

toiletsiao
17-11-12, 12:48
anyone miss the food in malaysia?

i find malaysia food are soooooo nice & yummy. Big portion and good value for money.

care to share what you will eat when you visit this places the next time:

penang
malacca

i don't know any other states..maybe you guys share your food story here

Heng Heng Wan Tan Mee... the original Pontian Wan Tan Mee .....its in Pontian Johor...

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/424218_4122535779002_1559258276_n.jpg

auroraborealis
17-11-12, 13:04
got this chendol in malacca superb one, the brown sugar they use different
but can't remember name or road

toiletsiao
17-11-12, 14:03

jonker street ? everything is there in malacca..including the chicken rice balls

Sleepyhead
17-11-12, 14:05
Durians! Cheap and good! RM17 per kg for the famed Mao Shan Wang! Slurpppp!!

Komo
17-11-12, 15:31
I also came across the best chendol which is served as a desert in one of the nonya restaurant..also serves very good nonya food... forgot the name of restaurant:D

zzz1
17-11-12, 16:05
Kl' Ampang yong tao fu. Is after Ampang point , or outer Zone ...the fish paste is make by the shop itself , I saw they debone the fish for the meat, using makao fish..best part is the big big pot overflow with fish bone are used to boil the stock for soup as serving ..yamm yamm

Another is klang's telok kong seafood village...famous for lala chao kway tiow, boss is very generous with lala that the lala is more then the kway tiow...BAk Kut teh nn need to further introduce , is a must try...lastly is the home make coconut wine, very popular there..:cheers1:

zzz1
17-11-12, 16:07
jonker street ? everything is there in malacca..including the chicken rice balls
The chicken rice standard drop very badly liao....

zzz1
17-11-12, 16:08
I also came across the best chendol which is served as a desert in one of the nonya restaurant..also serves very good nonya food... forgot the name of restaurant:D
Chendol there very nice .. The secret is that the coconut sugar is cooked by charcoal or wood.. I love chendol...

chestnut
17-11-12, 16:12

Where bro??? I buy in sin for 13 ave per kg...

Laguna
17-11-12, 16:21
penang fried kuay Teow....superb good...

Sleepyhead
17-11-12, 21:06
Where bro??? I buy in sin for 13 ave per kg...

PJ area. Many stalls. SS2. The famous Donald Durian stall. They even have a website I think. Try googling?

chestnut
17-11-12, 21:17
PJ area. Many stalls. SS2. The famous Donald Durian stall. They even have a website I think. Try googling?

Or.... In KL I have contact.... It is Johor I interested... Anyway, just bot mountain cat about 20 min ago... 10/kg.

supermax
18-11-12, 07:33
Chendol there very nice .. The secret is that the coconut sugar is cooked by charcoal or wood.. I love chendol...

Have u guys try the Indian Rojak and cendol in Subang ss15?Weekdays or weekend long que.The best rojak in Malaysia,gravy superb.

roly8
18-11-12, 08:34
penang fried kuay Teow....superb good...
what i know is penang fried kuay teow is oily..
is it still really oily there?

Heng Heng Wan Tan Mee... the original Pontian Wan Tan Mee .....its in Pontian Johor...

solid char siew & noodle!

my saliva start dripping...

no horse run...malaysia is where u get the best durian :o

Komo
18-11-12, 09:53
Anyway, just bot mountain cat about 20 min ago... 10/kg. can share where did you get?:p :p just saw my neighbour grandmother opened a durian with her maid using chopper knife with a shaky hand at the backyard 30 min ago. now got durian year end sales? :D :D

zeamybro
18-11-12, 09:56
Friends, pls eat the durians moderately. I have had a few friends eat too much over the past week kena fever and sore throat

zzz1
18-11-12, 10:20
Have u guys try the Indian Rojak and cendol in Subang ss15?Weekdays or weekend long que.The best rojak in Malaysia,gravy superb.

Indian Rojak,,, will try ...use to pass by Subang often....

zzz1
18-11-12, 10:22
Friends, pls eat the durians moderately. I have had a few friends eat too much over the past week kena fever and sore throat

yeap...age catching up .. eat quality durians, can not eat quantity...

Sleepyhead
18-11-12, 12:35
Or.... In KL I have contact.... It is Johor I interested... Anyway, just bot mountain cat about 20 min ago... 10/kg.

$10!! Please share where to buy? Entire clan here LOVE durians! Thanks!

Sleepyhead
18-11-12, 12:36
yeap...age catching up .. eat quality durians, can not eat quantity...

Gargle with salt water in the durian husk. Guarantee will be ok.

Lovelle
18-11-12, 13:40
Durian go to Taman Johor Jaya

Wanton mee - Ah Biow wan ton mee open at nite.
Tmn sentosa

chestnut
18-11-12, 14:42
can share where did you get?:p :p just saw my neighbour grandmother opened a durian with her maid using chopper knife with a shaky hand at the backyard 30 min ago. now got durian year end sales? :D :D

Stirling Road Blk 174 in Queenstown

Mr Chua - 9103 1038

Call him before u go and confirm block no... I auto arrive, cannot remember blk that well.

Please confirm price before going... I remember 10/kg.... but my wallet opening very easy one...

zzz1
18-11-12, 16:11
Gargle with salt water in the durian husk. Guarantee will be ok.

it was passed down from generations to generations...some even drink the salt water from it. .

end of the day, limit and proportion the intake

chestnut
18-11-12, 22:01
it was passed down from generations to generations...some even drink the salt water from it. .

end of the day, limit and proportion the intake

Ok, I spoke with my gp on this a while back... Here is his explanation on sore throat.

We use our hands to open the husk. The husk could be dirty and spread to our hands..l when we use our hands to pick up the durian fruit. We python stick it into our mouth, the durian and our fingers and we do the KFC style. Finger licking good.

So solution : I bring back in foams. Then transfer to Tupperware. Put in fridge. Take a few out and put in bowl, use spoon to pick up durian and transepfer to mouth...l nothing beats the KFC style... Buti love durian, so got to give up on the finger portion.

:D

zeamybro
18-11-12, 22:53
Hi bros out there, I have a v good home remedy for sore throat, it always work for me. Remedy is star fruit juice + salt

fiat500
19-11-12, 00:21
Hi bros out there, I have a v good home remedy for sore throat, it always work for me. Remedy is star fruit juice + salt
It's too cumbersome, how u gona get starfruit juice at home ?
Nothing beats the traditional method of drinking the salt water from the durian husk. If no husk, just drink a big glass of salt water will work as well.

zzz1
19-11-12, 05:13
Ok, I spoke with my gp on this a while back... Here is his explanation on sore throat.

We use our hands to open the husk. The husk could be dirty and spread to our hands..l when we use our hands to pick up the durian fruit. We python stick it into our mouth, the durian and our fingers and we do the KFC style. Finger licking good.

So solution : I bring back in foams. Then transfer to Tupperware. Put in fridge. Take a few out and put in bowl, use spoon to pick up durian and transepfer to mouth...l nothing beats the KFC style... Buti love durian, so got to give up on the finger portion.

Yahor..!!! The husk could pick up anything from the wild bore' poo to anything u name it from the plantation..

That give me the idea to eat durian using spoon ...!!! In fact the durian is good after take out from fridge...

Good point bro!

chestnut
19-11-12, 06:14
Bro. make sure the container is air tight. If not the moisture from the durian will escape and become dry. I prefer cold durian:D

radha08
19-11-12, 09:27
olden days i always see people drink beer and eat durian..now seldom:rolleyes:

fiat500
19-11-12, 16:17

GP's do not follow the Chinese concept of heatinese,so there's no such thing as durian being a heaty fruit.. That's y they will tell u it's due to bacteria which i think is nonsense...

People eating from spoon is becos they do want to have the durian smell stuck to your fingertips which can be difficult to remove even after thorough washing..

zzz1
19-11-12, 17:36
Bro. make sure the container is air tight. If not the moisture from the durian will escape and become dry. I prefer cold durian:D
Just bought 4 durians , suppose to put into fridge but during the process 2 durians got eaten up. Hee hee

chestnut
19-11-12, 17:47
Just bought 4 durians , suppose to put into fridge but during the process 2 durians got eaten up. Hee hee

Irresistible. I also... Cannot tahan must eat... Then skip dinner,,,:D