PDA

View Full Version : Minimum age for BTO HDB for singles to remain at 35

carbuncle
15-11-12, 11:28
Minimum age for flats for singles remains at 35
Nov 14, 2012 - By: Tia Tan

More Built-to-Order (BTO) flats are being constructed because the government is considering allocating some of these units to singles in the future. However, national development minister Khaw Boon Wan maintains that only those singles aged 35 and above would be allow to purchase these new flats.

Current rules state that singles are only allowed to buy resale Housing and Development Board (HDB) flats, not new ones.
According to Khaw, the government has “deliberately ramped (the building of Built-to-Order flats) up a little bit higher in order to cater for singles”. This is a move that went against the initial plan to reduce the BTO numbers.
The news was announced in Parliament on October 15.
Should the government go ahead with its plans to allow singles to purchase new flats, other restrictions will also be imposed. They will not be at liberty to sublet the apartments, nor are they able to purchase bigger flats.
HDB revealed that the supply of BTO flats in 2012 is expected to reach a record high of 27,000 in a statement issued in September. However, the exact number distributed to singles is yet to be confirmed.
According to his blog, Khaw mentioned in September 8 that “the additional demand is unlikely to be small and if we misjudge, the interests of married couples, especially those with children, may be adversely affected.” He said that he needs to assess the demand from singles before deciding on the exact numbers.
Another query raised in Parliament by member of parliament for Holland-Bukit Timah GRC, Liang Eng Hwa, was the ability of supply to meet both anticipated and unanticipated demand. In response, Khaw said that the supply of new flats has continued to meet the demand of 15,000 Singaporean marriages annually.
On top of marriages, demand also comes from downgraders, second-timers and upgraders.
Temporary occupation permits also help to meet demands. 11,300 of these will be issued this year and 16,300 next year. The number will increase to 26,800 in 2014.
Also, singles’demand for Housing and Development Board (HDB) resale flats has fallen by 23%in the past 4 years. In a writtenresponse from the Ministry of National Development, the ministry stated thatnumbers have fallen from an average of 5600 units sold annually between 2002and 2006, to 4300 between 2007 and 2011.

Thesenumbers were revealed to address a query put out by Gan Thiam Poh, member ofparliament for Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC.

In addition,the Ministry added that singles generally prefer to purchase 3-room flats,although the demand for 4 and 5-room units has increased since the ministrylifted the restriction of flat sizes sold to singles in 2004.

In 2011, 48%of singles purchased 3-room units as opposed to 60% 6 years ago. In contrast,the demand for 4 and 5-room units increased from 26% and 9%, to 33% and 13%respectively.

Before 2004,singles were only allowed to buy 3-room flats or smaller.

carbuncle
15-11-12, 11:31
Just as i expected. right on all counts incl age and non sublet.

'Should the government go ahead with its plans to allow singles to purchase new flats, other restrictions will also be imposed. They will not be at liberty to sublet the apartments, nor are they able to purchase bigger flats.'

roly8
15-11-12, 11:35
dunno why the BTO flat get lower ceiling & smaller in size ...eg window, spacing
that is one thing i hate it :simmering:

phantom_opera
15-11-12, 11:38
LPPL :doh: sorry for vulgarities :ashamed1:

ikan bilis
15-11-12, 11:41
can some1 please suggest to kbw that should allow singles to buy EC also.... i want that 1.5-1.7mil dual-key penthouse.... so shiok !!... sigh !!... :(

roly8
15-11-12, 11:43
can some1 please suggest to kbw that should allow singles to buy EC also.... i want that 1.5-1.7mil dual-key penthouse.... so shiok !!... sigh !!... :(

which EC?

how many EC got dual key?

ikan bilis
15-11-12, 11:54
which EC?

how many EC got dual key?

about all EC got dual key... newer ECs like HeronBay, CityLife are getting worst (bigger and bigger),... 4-5 bedrooms,... bcoz "ah gong" make it cheaper.... :D

for private condo, people going for smaller and smaller units,.... for EC condo, people going for bigger and bigger units.... :banghead:

Super
15-11-12, 12:01
So 35 go n apply and by 38 to 39 then can get unit? Isn't that worst? :banghead:

carbuncle
15-11-12, 13:06
and stuck with it and cant rent out rms forever n ever n ever

condolisa
15-11-12, 13:10
Nothing is forever :D

focus
15-11-12, 13:10

New flats include ECs right? It is under public housing scheme for 1st five years! :)

Waiting..waiting...waiting....

carbuncle
15-11-12, 13:31
wait long long ah

wendytan
15-11-12, 16:49
Already OVER subscribe for EVERY BTO

still allow singles to BTO....
Stupid HDB :doh:

roly8
15-11-12, 17:07
Already OVER subscribe for EVERY BTO

still allow singles to BTO....
Stupid HDB :doh:

haiz ...life get difficult day by day

dtrax
15-11-12, 17:12
Ah B will send u this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SG&hl=en-GB&v=_Z5-P9v3F8w

neber say neber property will not go up for4va

chestnut
15-11-12, 18:35
Just as i expected. right on all counts incl age and non sublet.

'Should the government go ahead with its plans to allow singles to purchase new flats, other restrictions will also be imposed. They will not be at liberty to sublet the apartments, nor are they able to purchase bigger flats.'

Bro, can help me out on this.

KBW mentioned 15 k Singaporean married a year. In 2011, there were 27k marriages. So 12 k marriages are foreigners???:confused:

http://www.singstat.gov.sg/stats/themes/people/marriages.pdf

He also say cannot sublet apartment, different from sublet rooms rite?

I not applying hdb hor, just trying to figure this out.

Anyone know the answer, please share. I noob.

:cheers4:

carbuncle
15-11-12, 19:39
something wrong leh. if 27k marriages it will mean 27k x 2 = 54k people status is newly married. dont count those muslim men with multi wife la

then the deviation from ur 12k would have been even greater

chestnut
15-11-12, 20:06
something wrong leh. if 27k marriages it will mean 27k x 2 = 54k people status is newly married. dont count those muslim men with multi wife la

then the deviation from ur 12k would have been even greater

Bro he mentioned 15 k Singaporean marriages. So 15k marriages vs stats showing 27k... That's why I confused right from beginning when he spoke that time. I was actually wondering if any of u would have spotted it.... Then u posted and I remembered and post la....

U see, I was monitoring the marriages and came to a conclusion that hdb was not building enough and prices of hdb will shoot up, which will also cause private to shoot up. Now u know I do a lot of research hor, and my research quite thorough and now u know why I so convicted when I bought in the past. Not now though. I really cannot tell where the market heading. So if I am not sure, I won't go in....:cheers4: