PDA

View Full Version : Annuity Beating CPF Life

richwang
13-11-12, 13:16
http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/09EA0C05-C8E9-4705-9D91-E8BD1D12CF1E/0/LIFEBrochure.pdf?NRMODE=Unpublished&wbc_purpose=Basic&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished

Section: 2.1.9 Can I not join CPF Life

If you have a private annuity paying better than CPF Life, you can choose not to join CPF Life.

Anyone knows such plans recognized by CPF Board?

Thanks,
Richard

ikan bilis
13-11-12, 13:22
give me a choice,... i throw that $$ in to physical property and collect rent,... or at least put the $$ into reits.... better and safer than keeping $$ with cpf or any insurance companies... :D

richwang
13-11-12, 13:25
Section 5.4

CPF Life Fund will be "invested" in 10-year Singapore Government bond + 1%.

There is no better way to ensure you cannot beat the inflation. By the time you reach your 80 or 90 years old, your S$1,000 is worth S$300 today's money (assuming 5% inflation for 25 years).

Thanks,
Richard

DC33_2008
13-11-12, 13:42
Heard that this is compulsory. When must one buy from what age?

roly8
13-11-12, 13:51
give me a choice,... i throw that $$ in to physical property and collect rent,... or at least put the $$ into reits.... better and safer than keeping $$ with cpf or any insurance companies... :D

do you consider rental yield % when buying?

ikan bilis
13-11-12, 14:14
do you consider rental yield % when buying?

if you want high yield then go for industrial properties or reits lor... ;)
at least when die still got a bit of meat left over to next generation... :rolleyes:

DKSG
13-11-12, 14:24
if you want high yield then go for industrial properties or reits lor... ;)
at least when die still got a bit of meat left over to next generation... :rolleyes:

Little Dried Fish,

Think you better spend more time thinking how to make your own life comfortable and good first la!

Feed next generation with enough meat, they become useless, cant fend for themselves.

DKSG

ikan bilis
13-11-12, 15:36
Little Dried Fish,

Think you better spend more time thinking how to make your own life comfortable and good first la!

Feed next generation with enough meat, they become useless, cant fend for themselves.

DKSG

then cpf life more suitable for you lor... ;)

richwang
13-11-12, 19:56
Heard that this is compulsory. When must one buy from what age?

At age 55, your special account will be used to pay half of the premium (around S$70k), At age 65, the other half.

But they did mention if you have private pension paying better than CPF Life, they you are exempted.

So at age 54, quickly use your special account to buy CPF recognized annuity. Does anyone know such products?

MuniLife Annuity?

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
15-11-12, 19:11
Section 5.4

CPF Life Fund will be "invested" in 10-year Singapore Government bond + 1%.

There is no better way to ensure you cannot beat the inflation. By the time you reach your 80 or 90 years old, your S$1,000 is worth S$300 today's money (assuming 5% inflation for 25 years).

Thanks,
Richard
With the Minimum Sum set to raise again, the "solution" will be asking children to top up parents accounts in order to get higher pay out (nominal terms of course).
It will be very sad to see some of us need children to top up our accounts when we reach the newly defined "golden age" (80?)

Thanks,
Richard