PDA

View Full Version : Singaporeans going for quality now

phantom_opera
13-11-12, 10:24
I go raffles city shopping, restaurants at raffles shopping all full house, food court no seats, end up buy subway eat at Tiong bahru bakery .. Go changi city point, egg and berries breakfast full house queue outside, less ppl in McDonald and toast box, singaporeans is getting more quality lifestyle

roly8
13-11-12, 10:58
food courts also consider high quality mmeh? :scared-2:

zzz1
13-11-12, 11:05
I go raffles city shopping, restaurants at raffles shopping all full house, food court no seats, end up buy subway eat at Tiong bahru bakery .. Go changi city point, egg and berries breakfast full house queue outside, less ppl in McDonald and toast box, singaporeans is getting more quality lifestyle

buy subway, eat at Tiong baru bakery... that is contemporary and classic ! the east meet west

chestnut
13-11-12, 13:11
buy subway, eat at Tiong baru bakery... that is contemporary and classic ! the east meet west

Bro, both west leh. Tiong Bahru bakery opened by French baker and considered "high end".

The French bake super solid bakery. I was at Ah Chiang's for porridge today. Then walked there only to discover closed on Tuesday.

Their stuff super nice. :cheers3:

jacelynchia
13-11-12, 14:30

I don't think it is just on food.
The shoppers at far east plaza decrease so much, It used to be bustling and crowded until Somerset began to develop with high street brands.

Even though clothing at Far east are very cheap, people don't mind paying a little more for quality and design.

zzz1
13-11-12, 16:14
Bro, both west leh. Tiong Bahru bakery opened by French baker and considered "high end".

The French bake super solid bakery. I was at Ah Chiang's for porridge today. Then walked there only to discover closed on Tuesday.

Their stuff super nice. :cheers3:
Ha ha... Din know that .. Sound like tiong bahru Pao franchise to me ...
The way your describe make my stomach rumbling ... Must try must try ...

chestnut
13-11-12, 16:47
Ha ha... Din know that .. Sound like tiong bahru Pao franchise to me ...
The way your describe make my stomach rumbling ... Must try must try ...

Bro, I brought my Indonesian customer there for tea break. He enjoyed.

This place is packed at 4 pm on a weekday, no joke...

DC33_2008
13-11-12, 17:03
Was invited to ministry of health some years back when yeo cheow tong was the minister for a round table discussion. He told us that we must try the Tiong bahru pao. Should be really popular.:)

chestnut
13-11-12, 17:37
Was invited to ministry of health some years back when yeo cheow tong was the minister for a round table discussion. He told us that we must try the Tiong bahru pao. Should be really popular.:)

Tiong bahru bakery - Cuisine European,* French,* Western

http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/Tiong_Bahru_Bakery_/

Tiong bahru pao
Sells dim sum

Honestly, the standard for tiong bahru pao dropped a lot, at least for me.

Komo
13-11-12, 19:40
my observation is the opposite...nowadays many people are more willing to spend and pay much more as well for an "improper meal" or snack which is much less nutritious and unbalanced than a proper meal we're used to (my benchmark is a plate of chap cai png):D

Shanhz
13-11-12, 20:29
Honestly, the standard for tiong bahru pao dropped a lot, at least for me.

fully agree. the stall directly oppo tiong bahru pao had much better dao sha bao. but i think they closed leow

leesg123
14-11-12, 08:57
So now you see why so many complain about housing so exp, cannot afgord etc. esp the young working adults. All their salary are spent on such mini luxury meals, drinks, clubbing, monthly regional getaways etc. they got all their priorities wrong.

phantom_opera
14-11-12, 09:07
Tiong Bahru Bakey has 2 outlets, one of course at TB, another at Raffles City shopping ... they are famous for their French Cappuccino ($5.50) and Croissant ($3) ... ask for heat up

http://www.tiongbahrubakery.com/

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/46024_492195217479639_1142616776_n.jpg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394657_503944746286181_1585465380_n.jpg

radha08
14-11-12, 09:26

bro u go peak hour and weekend sure like that one...:D..but i know what u mean thats why cooking is my hobby....mostly i just cook for my family:cheers6:

carbuncle
14-11-12, 10:34
A man who can cook not just for himself and not just instant noodles is darn sexy.

zzz1
14-11-12, 12:02

ho lian abit...i brought some Indon govn offical for turtle soup last week...and also eat fog legs...they are all christian thou...

they told be the next timen their turn to ole ole , they bring me eat dog meat in Jtk...:p

chestnut
14-11-12, 12:32
Wa, u damn connected leh. Bro, now red light for goods in indo leh. U got connection or not? Bloody red light 2-3 times a year.

zzz1
14-11-12, 18:12
Wa, u damn connected leh. Bro, now red light for goods in indo leh. U got connection or not? Bloody red light 2-3 times a year.
Nn la, just small fly to get by on daily living la..

You are referring to gross arte or tkdn(domestic content) . Importing in or exporting out? Depend on which industries ..

We take off line...

chestnut
14-11-12, 18:28
Nn la, just small fly to get by on daily living la..

You are referring to gross arte or tkdn(domestic content) . Importing in or exporting out? Depend on which industries ..

We take off line...

Bro, no prob. My disty taking care of this... Need to do underground work lah...

:cheers4:

radha08
14-11-12, 19:27
A man who can cook not just for himself and not just instant noodles is darn sexy.

dunno sexy or not la bro...but when my daughter tells me dad u make the best oyster chicken...my heart melts...:D

zzz1
14-11-12, 19:44
Bro, no prob. My disty taking care of this... Need to do underground work lah...

:cheers4:

true true... need network...:cheers5: