PDA

View Full Version : How long to rent out after collect key for OCR 2 bedder?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

chestnut
14-11-12, 09:06
bro, how sweet you are! Thanks!

You are welcome.
Sis, to help u further
http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=160

Note, first time agent fee to get tenant not claimable - sometimes people act blur and submit and they do get away with it.

For next house for rental, when at lawyer. Distribute more to the one paying less taxes... It really adds up. Most of the time it is the woman, unless your husband lucky to have u earning more.

:cheers4:

Shanhz
14-11-12, 09:21
For next house for rental, when at lawyer. Distribute more to the one paying less taxes... It really adds up. Most of the time it is the woman, unless your husband lucky to have u earning more.

bro, can elaborate on this? if joint ownership, shouldn't the rental income be distributed 50/50 for IRAS purpose?

East Lover
14-11-12, 09:26
You are welcome.
Sis, to help u further

Note, first time agent fee to get tenant not claimable - sometimes people act blur and submit and they do get away with it.

I alway declear 100% rental under me. can?

East Lover
14-11-12, 09:28
You are welcome.
Sis, to help u further

one more thing - if go for 2 year lease, need to pay agent 2 months rental??? and all can't deduct tax?

chestnut
14-11-12, 09:53
Declaration based on "at purchase at lawyer office - what was the distribution declared - joint tenants or tenants -in-common"
http://www.ramdwong.com.sg/news/jan01/ownership.htm

Wa, you like that also can one????

chestnut
14-11-12, 09:55
one more thing - if go for 2 year lease, need to pay agent 2 months rental??? and all can't deduct tax?
Sis, condo 2 year lease - 1 month rental.
1st tenant cannot deduct tax.
So if u really want to save - go 1 year, pay 1/2 month to agent.
Subsequent, renewal or new tenant, can deduct. Depends on your play. No fix rule. See what u comfortable with.

East Lover
14-11-12, 09:55
Declaration based on "at purchase at lawyer office - what was the distribution declared - joint tenants or tenants -in-common"

Wa, you like that also can one????
say say also can not hah...:p ;)

chestnut
14-11-12, 09:56
bro, can elaborate on this? if joint ownership, shouldn't the rental income be distributed 50/50 for IRAS purpose?

Joint is 50/50. Tenant-in-common can dictate - say 90/10. But got other implications you need to take into account. Too long to elaborate.

Read this

East Lover
14-11-12, 09:58
Sis, condo 2 year lease - 1 month rental.
1st tenant cannot deduct tax.
So if u really want to save - go 1 year, pay 1/2 month to agent.
Subsequent, renewal or new tenant, can deduct. Depends on your play. No fix rule. See what u comfortable with.
got it, shifu! thank you very much!!

chestnut
14-11-12, 10:10
say say also can not hah...:p ;)

Sis, we dealing with IRAS ok... To me, they are just below CPIB... So dont play, play.... They ask u lim kopi, u shake

Read this
http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page03_ektid1684.aspx

Thats why, I very obedient for this... Especially if you buy a few props, you will definitely be under their radar.... They will want to know if $$$ gotten thru other means and not declared tax...

Really sis, dont play.... If you have been doing 100% on rental and the hdb is under joint tenant. As a lady, you will pay less tax because - maid levy, children relief, etc.... If it was under your hubby, IRAS will have no issue because your hubby pay more tax.
Of course if your tax bracket higher - then no problem OK....

But if that is not the case, kindly call IRAS and tell them your mistake and ask with a sweet voice "how?? I so blur one you know". Serious.

chestnut
14-11-12, 10:17
got it, shifu! thank you very much!!

One more thing sis, please dont call me that... We are all equals in this forum. We help whenever we can...
:cheers1:

nav14
14-11-12, 10:24

Rental for income tax has to be declared according to percentage of ownership. If 2 joint owners then 50% each or if tenancy in common and you sgare is 30% for eg, then you take responsibility of the 30% of the rent in income tax declaration. Cannot be joint owners and then you opt to declare 100% under your name because tax rate is lower. IRAS will not allow it if they find out. I have already checked with them in black and white.

nav14
14-11-12, 10:26
Foreigner better than local. Corporate lease even better. Interesting uni student rent to be closer to university.

Locals are at the bottom of my list together with PRCians. Locals think they are too smart.

zeamybro
14-11-12, 10:59
Bro, 1 day we may meet and u can give your honest view of me.

Hahahaha:cheers4: :cheers4:

Nut bro .. I have a place near the reservoir too, if it ever becomes my retirement home, i will keep a look out for the typical "heng hua" looks amongst the joggers (provided WV becomes yr retirement home and u jog at the resevr).. hahaha

Eastlover sis - Try to get 2 yr corporate lease la, go for 1 yr very tiring to repeat the same process again, even if it means higher rental.

chiaberry
14-11-12, 11:19
Rental for income tax has to be declared according to percentage of ownership. If 2 joint owners then 50% each or if tenancy in common and you sgare is 30% for eg, then you take responsibility of the 30% of the rent in income tax declaration. Cannot be joint owners and then you opt to declare 100% under your name because tax rate is lower. IRAS will not allow it if they find out. I have already checked with them in black and white.

I agree. Cannot anyhow declare the % of rental for each owner. It should be 50% if joint owners.

Otherwise one day, could get an invite to lim kopi at IRAS.

radha08
14-11-12, 11:20
Nut bro .. I have a place near the reservoir too, if it ever becomes my retirement home, i will keep a look out for the typical "heng hua" looks amongst the joggers (provided WV becomes yr retirement home and u jog at the resevr).. hahaha

Eastlover sis - Try to get 2 yr corporate lease la, go for 1 yr very tiring to repeat the same process again, even if it means higher rental.

yup 2 year corporate is best...my bro just signed a 2 year corporate lease cos he moving here to work from australia...the owners agent said owner had a few offer but he chose the corporate lease of my brother cos he prefer corporate tenant...but then again...u know agents full of crap...:D

East Lover
14-11-12, 11:21

wow, welcome to reservoir club. water front? :rolleyes:

radha08
14-11-12, 11:21
I agree. Cannot anyhow declare the % of rental for each owner. It should be 50% if joint owners.

can ask for teh-c....i hate kopi...:D:D:D:D:D

radha08
14-11-12, 11:22
wow, welcome to reservoir club. water front? :rolleyes:
i think he is an archi-boy...:D

East Lover
14-11-12, 11:23
Sis, we dealing with IRAS ok... To me, they are just below CPIB... So dont play, play.... They ask u lim kopi, u shake

Read this
http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page03_ektid1684.aspx

Thats why, I very obedient for this... Especially if you buy a few props, you will definitely be under their radar.... They will want to know if $$$ gotten thru other means and not declared tax...

Really sis, dont play.... If you have been doing 100% on rental and the hdb is under joint tenant. As a lady, you will pay less tax because - maid levy, children relief, etc.... If it was under your hubby, IRAS will have no issue because your hubby pay more tax.
Of course if your tax bracket higher - then no problem OK....

But if that is not the case, kindly call IRAS and tell them your mistake and ask with a sweet voice "how?? I so blur one you know". Serious.

Very scare leh, i better call....

jalak, my hubby this year cashed a few stock options also, has to pay a lot lot tax leh...

besides the CPF retirement account, anything else can deduct tax hah?:scared-3:

East Lover
14-11-12, 11:24

frighten no more...:tsk-tsk: i'm going to call later :ashamed1:

chiaberry
14-11-12, 11:36
Very scare leh, i better call....

jalak, my hubby this year cashed a few stock options also, has to pay a lot lot tax leh...

besides the CPF retirement account, anything else can deduct tax hah?:scared-3:

The deductable items are on the IRAS website.

For a woman, best option is to work and have employment income. Big tax deductions under Working Mother Child Relief:

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=220

chestnut
14-11-12, 12:05
can ask for teh-c....i hate kopi...:D:D:D:D:D

Teh-c pay more penalty leh, I think if invited, just drink whatever they have. If want to be safe, bring your own pot of teh-c

chestnut
14-11-12, 12:06
The deductable items are on the IRAS website.

For a woman, best option is to work and have employment income. Big tax deductions under Working Mother Child Relief:

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=220

Can tell chia very pro.

Shanhz
14-11-12, 12:11
Joint is 50/50. Tenant-in-common can dictate - say 90/10. But got other implications you need to take into account. Too long to elaborate.

Read this

thanks.. i am paying most part of the ppty... so declare 50/50 joint is best. if i pay and declare my wife higher ownership just to pay less tax... :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

chiaberry
14-11-12, 12:14
Can tell chia very pro.

I should have had more kids. :doh: Can get 100% tax relief on my earned income. Too bad I started late.

dtrax
14-11-12, 12:20
haha nice tip

chestnut
14-11-12, 12:23
I should have had more kids. :doh: Can get 100% tax relief on my earned income. Too bad I started late.

Sis, u calculate the tuition, enrichment class, etc... Wa lau, cost more men. Then u include incidental overseas study, wa lau. U include tour, wa lau. But at the end, worth every cent. I have 3 lovely kids. If include wifey, 4. Hahaha

chestnut
14-11-12, 12:24
thanks.. i am paying most part of the ppty... so declare 50/50 joint is best. if i pay and declare my wife higher ownership just to pay less tax... :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

Bro, it's not who pay more but wat was established at loyal office that determine taxation. This part, not many people are aware but important.

zeamybro
14-11-12, 12:39
i think he is an archi-boy...:D

Haha i posted many pics of archi doesn mean i archi boy ma.. Bro ghost also posted often on archi thread but he actually owns another nearby project. Plus there are at least 10 condos surrounding the reservoir.

In fact i think i am a Cherian cos i need to go Cherie Hearts at the reservoir almost daily...Hahaha

chiaberry
14-11-12, 12:53
Sis, u calculate the tuition, enrichment class, etc... Wa lau, cost more men. Then u include incidental overseas study, wa lau. U include tour, wa lau. But at the end, worth every cent. I have 3 lovely kids. If include wifey, 4. Hahaha

My kids are not so high maintenance. In fact, they would rather stay in Singapore, chill...go out with friends....then go tour. This year they turned down my offer of ski trip to Korea. We are going to Universal Studios in Sentosa instead. They don't wish to study overseas even though I have offered it to them openly. Tuition...mainly Chinese...Science in Sec Sch and JC for one of them....they don't need Maths tuition so far.

There is no need to go all out for tuition, enrichment, expensive overseas trips when it's not essential.....no need to be so kiasu/kiasi.

chestnut
14-11-12, 13:35
My kids are not so high maintenance. In fact, they would rather stay in Singapore, chill...go out with friends....then go tour. This year they turned down my offer of ski trip to Korea. We are going to Universal Studios in Sentosa instead. They don't wish to study overseas even though I have offered it to them openly. Tuition...mainly Chinese...Science in Sec Sch and JC for one of them....they don't need Maths tuition so far.

There is no need to go all out for tuition, enrichment, expensive overseas trips when it's not essential.....no need to be so kiasu/kiasi.

Wa u damn lucky..... My kids inherited my genes.... So not so smart. Hahaha

Hopefully, in future like me, lazy but lucky.

East Lover
14-11-12, 13:38
I bought a set of crystal lighting for living hall and dinng hall

my ceiling to floor is 2.85M, but planter door is only 2.4m, and living and dinning in fact is one whole, so make the place look a big long and 'low'. there is one of the reason i chose crystal light initially.

Smeone suggested me to change to ceiling fan.

Can I check with all the guru here for lighting? is ceiling fan with lighting a good idea? will it look like HDB??

zeamybro
14-11-12, 13:51
I bought a set of crystal lighting for living hall and dinng hall

my ceiling to floor is 2.85M, but planter door is only 2.4m, and living and dinning in fact is one whole, so make the place look a big long and 'low'. there is one of the reason i chose crystal light initially.

Smeone suggested me to change to ceiling fan.

Can I check with all the guru here for lighting? is ceiling fan with lighting a good idea? will it look like HDB??

I install ceiling fan (without light) for my own place because i dont like a/c, so the ceiling fan is really useful. It helps to cool down the entire place very effectively.

But for my rented out units, i install chandeliers instead cos my objective is to make the place look nice and grand. I thought a living room with a drop down chandelier will look nice (but the size of the chandelier must match the size of your living room la). So far i receive many positive feedbacks on the chandeliers from the tenants, esp the wifeys. The husbands usually dont give a hoot..

East Lover
14-11-12, 14:04
I install ceiling fan (without light) for my own place because i dont like a/c, so the ceiling fan is really useful. It helps to cool down the entire place very effectively.

But for my rented out units, i install chandeliers instead cos my objective is to make the place look nice and grand. I thought a living room with a drop down chandelier will look nice (but the size of the chandelier must match the size of your living room la). So far i receive many positive feedbacks on the chandeliers from the tenants, esp the wifeys. The husbands usually dont give a hoot..
Thanks! Good tips! must look nice first, let them fell in love at first sight. :cheers5: leant one more thing today :D

I guess majority of tenant will go home late, on aircon immediately. so some "designer" kind of lighting will value add :rolleyes:

Laguna
14-11-12, 16:25
well, it depends
all the rings of my crytal get rusted after 3 years, and started to drop.
changed hundreds of rings into stainless steel, only good for less than a year...rusted again

For all my rental units, I use fan with lights, the most practical ones, and in fact, the tenants like it

zeamybro
14-11-12, 16:56
Thanks! Good tips! must look nice first, let them fell in love at first sight. :cheers5: leant one more thing today :D

I guess majority of tenant will go home late, on aircon immediately. so some "designer" kind of lighting will value add :rolleyes:

Depends on how you want to package your unit. You can either use very simple, practical and no nonsense theme ... or you can make it look very cosy and luxurious. During viewings, i love to blast the a/c cold cold, turn on warm white lights and play classical music. So the moment they step in they will get the WOW effect.

Because my units are quite close to the sea, i will apply a thin coat of car wax onto the metallic/shiny parts of the chandelier. Nowadays balestier sell many cheap and beautiful egyptian crystal chandeliers. Every 4yrs or so change also nvm la...

Laguna
14-11-12, 17:01
Here's how difficult for lessors to find tenants nowadays

http://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/news/heres-how-difficult-lessors-find-tenants-nowadays

East Lover
14-11-12, 17:14
well, it depends
all the rings of my crytal get rusted after 3 years, and started to drop.
changed hundreds of rings into stainless steel, only good for less than a year...rusted again

For all my rental units, I use fan with lights, the most practical ones, and in fact, the tenants like it
my agent said also that the ceiling fan looks cheap leh :D

East Lover
14-11-12, 17:15
Depends on how you want to package your unit. You can either use very simple, practical and no nonsense theme ... or you can make it look very cosy and luxurious. During viewings, i love to blast the a/c cold cold, turn on warm white lights and play classical music. So the moment they step in they will get the WOW effect.

Because my units are quite close to the sea, i will apply a thin coat of car wax onto the metallic/shiny parts of the chandelier. Nowadays balestier sell many cheap and beautiful egyptian crystal chandeliers. Every 4yrs or so change also nvm la...
good idea.

you mean we can simply apply the car wax? hmm.... will try try first. but you are right, nowadays lighting is getting cheaper and cheaper, but labour is more expensive

zeamybro
14-11-12, 18:30
good idea.

you mean we can simply apply the car wax? hmm.... will try try first. but you are right, nowadays lighting is getting cheaper and cheaper, but labour is more expensive

Ya just coat a very thin layer, but if your unit is not close to the sea with high salt content, mabbe don't need to apply.

When times are good, any units would be snapped up even without much furnishings. But when competition is strong, it may help to do a little more to make your unit more outstanding. Don't have to spend a lot of $, but do it with your heart, the end product may turn out to be v lovely :ashamed1:

East Lover
14-11-12, 18:45
Ya just coat a very thin layer, but if your unit is not close to the sea with high salt content, mabbe don't need to apply.

When times are good, any units would be snapped up even without much furnishings. But when competition is strong, it may help to do a little more to make your unit more outstanding. Don't have to spend a lot of $, but do it with your heart, the end product may turn out to be v lovely :ashamed1:
In Chinese, we called 杀出重围,脱颖而出 :D
Yes too much competition for newly TOP project.

Whenever my agent told me he updated his post in guru, i quickly check, after a while, page 3 liao, next day, my unit only can be found at page 6,7 liao :doh: that is I filet out rent, 2 bedder. If by default, don't know where can find my own unit :o

i guess those hungry agents updated their post almost hourly :beats-me-man:

curio
14-11-12, 19:06
How did your viewing go today?

auroraborealis
14-11-12, 19:09
another alternative is take wifey's nail polish clear type n apply
helps to prevent rust, and ceiling height not so visible

auroraborealis
14-11-12, 19:12
yes sis east, pls update us leh
can get a feel of rental mkt at this time of the yr :cheers4:

East Lover
14-11-12, 19:25
another alternative is take wifey's nail polish clear type n apply
helps to prevent rust, and ceiling height not so visible
Clever idea! I have a lot of that one :p

East Lover
14-11-12, 19:29
How did your viewing go today?

yes sis east, pls update us leh
can get a feel of rental mkt at this time of the yr :cheers4:

多谢关心!my agent said today's viewing not bad, young handsome couple, shows big interest :D but need to follow up with their agent tomorrow

Hope can hear good news from my agent tomorrow.:cheers5:

East Lover
14-11-12, 19:34
I believe once the lighting put up, with good quality curtain, the unit will look much better than the bare one.

请大家祝我早日杀出重围,脱颖而出,find a nice tenant fast fast :cheers5:

curio
14-11-12, 20:05
多谢关心!my agent said today's viewing not bad, young handsome couple, shows big interest :D but need to follow up with their agent tomorrow

Hope can hear good news from my agent tomorrow.:cheers5:

What's their nationality? Can see what kind of foreign talent Singapore is attracting

zeamybro
14-11-12, 20:23
I believe once the lighting put up, with good quality curtain, the unit will look much better than the bare one.

请大家祝我早日杀出重围,脱颖而出,find a nice tenant fast fast :cheers5:

Sis Mai kancheong Mai kancheong .... I think both of us belong to the type-A personality, wanna see results fast fast one. There were a few times I almost gave in to lousier offers out of desperado, as much as cutting $500 in the rental or acceding to their requests for additional items. But my patience paid off and I always managed to find tenants who could match my asking. But of cos need to be realistic

Since u r personally handling the viewings, u get the chance to meet yr potential tenants. Filter off those you don't like, and those you really like, u can chat up with them more to establish the personal touch. Just like how we want to choose our tenants, tenants also wanna choose their landlords. So if they have 2 similar units to choose from but u appear to be a nice landlord, who knows they may just choose your units over the other choice.

East Lover
14-11-12, 20:31
Noted noted...my good bro :ashamed1:

I didn't handle viewing, let my agent to do his job. Once got offer, we will interview first :D

Sis Mai kancheong Mai kancheong .... I think both of us belong to the type-A personality, wanna see results fast fast one. There were a few times I almost gave in to lousier offers out of desperado, as much as cutting $500 in the rental or acceding to their requests for additional items. But my patience paid off and I always managed to find tenants who could match my asking. But of cos need to be realistic

Since u r personally handling the viewings, u get the chance to meet yr potential tenants. Filter off those you don't like, and those you really like, u can chat up with them more to establish the personal touch. Just like how we want to choose our tenants, tenants also wanna choose their landlords. So if they have 2 similar units to choose from but u appear to be a nice landlord, who knows they may just choose your units over the other choice.

East Lover
14-11-12, 20:35
What's their nationality? Can see what kind of foreign talent Singapore is attracting
Turkish.

Anyone have experience of Turkish tenants before? :p

price
14-11-12, 20:38

I didn't handle viewing, let my agent to do his job. Once got offer, we will interview first :D
heyy saw that the market for agent's commission is half a mth's rental for a 1 year contract? what's the market like to pay the agent for a sale of ur unit then? 1-3%?

East Lover
14-11-12, 20:41
heyy saw that the market for agent's commission is half a mth's rental for a 1 year contract? what's the market like to pay the agent for a sale of ur unit then? 1-3%?
Depends. Standard is 2%, can negotiate to 1-1.5%.

curio
14-11-12, 20:41

How do you interview? The next time you meet them is to sign rental contract Liao right?

price
14-11-12, 20:43
Depends. Standard is 2%, can negotiate to 1-1.5%.
and i suppose u should bargain first before engaging the agent? :D

East Lover
14-11-12, 20:50
How do you interview? The next time you meet them is to sign rental contract Liao right?
Hmm, good question. usually I do rental myself, this time I give my agent a chance, also because its a new TOP project...

How to interview hah? Good question :rolleyes:

Anyway, if its corp lease, what shall I look into it? Company big or not? Do we allow them to change ppl during 2 years lease? The contract is between Landloard to company right?

East Lover
14-11-12, 20:56
and i suppose u should bargain first before engaging the agent? :D
For selling, better Go for experienced one, because they already built up a buyer pool. One buy will recommend another one. One of my unit took me 6 mths, because one agent couldn't perform but I signed exclusive contract :doh: wasted few mths.... Then changed to a experienced one, immediately have viewing :D and then sold at record high price :D :D

price
14-11-12, 20:57
For selling, better Go for experienced one, because they already built up a buyer pool. One buy will recommend another one. One of my unit took me 6 mths, because one agent couldn't perform but I signed exclusive contract :doh: wasted few mths.... Then changed to a experienced one, immediately have viewing :D and then sold at record high price :D :D
wow how much did u pay him / her

East Lover
14-11-12, 20:59
wow how much did u pay him / her
1.5%. She usually charge 2%

DC33_2008
14-11-12, 21:01
It s rather difficult to raise rent during rental renewal if owner close. Third party is usually easier.
Hmm, good question. usually I do rental myself, this time I give my agent a chance, also because its a new TOP project...

Anyway, if its corp lease, what shall I look into it? Company big or not? Do we allow them to change ppl during 2 years lease? The contract is between Landloard to company right?

zeamybro
14-11-12, 21:03

Yes it's betw landlord and company. Duno if this is standard or not, but my TA did state the tenants particulars and company cannot change ppl during the 2yrs lease. Earlier this yr, my tenant kena sent back country after the 11th month. The house was handed back to me almost immediately but company continued to pay till the 14th month :D

East Lover
14-11-12, 21:04
It s rather difficult to raise rent during rental renewal if owner close. Third party is usually easier.
So u usually rent by agent? Need to interview (or at least meet up) before sign?

East Lover
14-11-12, 21:08
Yes it's betw landlord and company. Duno if this is standard or not, but my TA did state the tenants particulars and company cannot change ppl during the 2yrs lease. Earlier this yr, my tenant kena sent back country after the 11th month. The house was handed back to me almost immediately but company continued to pay till the 14th month :D
Thanks! I will add that clause :D

So they pay u until u find the new tenant? So good!:cheers5:

Oh, did they pay u the prorated agent commission?

zeamybro
14-11-12, 21:14
Thanks! I will add that clause :D

So they pay u until u find the new tenant? So good!:cheers5:

Diplomatic clause can only be exercised after 12mths, and so in addition to the 2mths notice, they die die hv to pay u till the 14th month. I held on to the unit for 1mth before I rent out again, so I get to enjoy double rentals for abt 2mths.

Yes, they need to compensate u back the pro rated commission, deducted from the 2mth deposit

East Lover
14-11-12, 21:20
Diplomatic clause can only be exercised after 12mths, and so in addition to the 2mths notice, they die die hv to pay u till the 14th month. I held on to the unit for 1mth before I rent out again, so I get to enjoy double rentals for abt 2mths.

Yes, they need to compensate u back the pro rated commission, deducted from the 2mth deposit
Learnt a lot from u again :) thank u very much :cheers4:

East Lover
14-11-12, 21:21
One more thing, did u interview your tenant before sign the contract?

zeamybro
14-11-12, 21:28
One more thing, did u interview your tenant before sign the contract?

Haha no la. As I personally attend to all the viewings, I get to meet all the potential tenants myself. So from there I already made a judgement whether I want this tenant or not.

After viewing is wait for their agent to call your agent, negotiate on the price and other requests. Then signing of papers don't need to see them one and can be done separately. Sometimes tenants so despo they will bring a cheque with them and if they like your unit they will immediately offer - usually for those who only plan a few days in sg for house hunting before flying back to their homeland, and then come back again to start their work

radha08
14-11-12, 21:49
Turkish.

Anyone have experience of Turkish tenants before? :p

christmas coming....:confused:

soon can see a lot of turkeys....:D

but seriously i think if got viewing by potential tenant and your free you should visit your apt during the viewing at least get a feel of your potential tenants....just like you my hdb also i rent out myself...somehow hdb easy to rent cos tenant mostly not fussy but condo u know la...somemore yours brand new just TOP...better get the right tenants..good luck..:cheers5:

spyro
14-11-12, 21:59
Turkish ok. But if ur floor is marble then they might do a turkish bath on it. :D :D

chestnut
15-11-12, 08:00
1.5%. She usually charge 2%

Sis, is this for your hdb or private???

chestnut
15-11-12, 08:03
Haha i posted many pics of archi doesn mean i archi boy ma.. Bro ghost also posted often on archi thread but he actually owns another nearby project. Plus there are at least 10 condos surrounding the reservoir.

In fact i think i am a Cherian cos i need to go Cherie Hearts at the reservoir almost daily...Hahaha

Bro, your kids so small ah???? :eek::eek: You must be damn young leh...

:D:D

To an enjoyable life ahead.... :cheers5::cheers5:

East Lover
15-11-12, 08:39
Sis, is this for your hdb or private???
bro chestnut, welcome back here :D this is for PC.

East Lover
15-11-12, 08:40
Bro, your kids so small ah???? :eek::eek: You must be damn young leh...

:D:D

To an enjoyable life ahead.... :cheers5::cheers5:
our bro zea has bright future there! so young, already so experienced :p 佩服! :cheers5:

chestnut
15-11-12, 08:59
bro chestnut, welcome back here :D this is for PC.
Sis, you are really very nice to your agent... For private, it is 1%... At least for all my sales... I dont know about others though.

I going out for appointment... Will search the web to give you more info later.

Check this out

http://www.hollandproperty.com.sg/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=11

East Lover
15-11-12, 09:16
Sis, you are really very nice to your agent... For private, it is 1%... At least for all my sales... I dont know about others though.

I going out for appointment... Will search the web to give you more info later.

Check this out

http://www.hollandproperty.com.sg/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=11
my previous agent asked only 1% but sit for 3-4 mths, no much viewing, no resource, just 守株待兔。you see you also pei tahan.
so no choice, we changed to a 'famous' one, super experienced, viewing every sat & sun, end up, sold at record price high.

chestnut
15-11-12, 09:21
my previous agent asked only 1% but sit for 3-4 mths, no much viewing, no resource, just 守株待兔。you see you also pei tahan.
so no choice, we changed to a 'famous' one, super experienced, viewing every sat & sun, end up, sold at record price high.

Fair statement. I will also pay if like this.:D

cnud
15-11-12, 09:57
How sis, closed the deal?

East Lover
15-11-12, 10:02
How sis, closed the deal?
second viewing this afternoon.

Shall I go there see see first? don't know when and how to 'interview' leh...

cnud
15-11-12, 10:04

Don't know leh. I never interview tenants before they sign TA. After sign, I will show up and tcss.

All the best for the viewing. Close!

DC33_2008
15-11-12, 10:06
Do you allow smoking in your apartment? Turks might smoke.

zeamybro
15-11-12, 10:15

Some landlords prefer to keep a distance from their tenants cos they dont want the tenants to look for them for every single minor faults, so they leave everything to agent.

But i would like to see what type of tenant is staying in my house, even though just by one short meet-up u cant really tell the person's character. Its just my preference :D

willow
15-11-12, 10:23
Don't know leh. I never interview tenants before they sign TA. After sign, I will show up and tcss.

All the best for the viewing. Close!

Bro what is TCSS?

cnud
15-11-12, 10:24
Bro what is TCSS?

Our favourite past time in forum. Talk cxck sing song:D

East Lover
15-11-12, 13:39
Do you allow smoking in your apartment? Turks might smoke.
good point. my agent will double check and add into the clause - no smoking, no mahjoing :D

East Lover
15-11-12, 13:41
Some landlords prefer to keep a distance from their tenants cos they dont want the tenants to look for them for every single minor faults, so they leave everything to agent.

But i would like to see what type of tenant is staying in my house, even though just by one short meet-up u cant really tell the person's character. Its just my preference :D
my agent said not good to meet up with them, as they may start to negotiate with landlord and approach us directly.

he asked me to go there walk around to 偷看一下就好。:p i don't want to waste time to make a trip like this lah...

most important, get the letter of intention first. the rest, can talk/check later :D :D

willow
15-11-12, 13:42
Our favourite past time in forum. Talk cxck sing song:D

LOL

I understand now

DC33_2008
15-11-12, 13:48
It is up to you. But they may say just smoke at the balcony.
good point. my agent will double check and add into the clause - no smoking, no mahjoing :D

nav14
15-11-12, 14:00
In Chinese, we called 杀出重围,脱颖而出 :D
Yes too much competition for newly TOP project.

Whenever my agent told me he updated his post in guru, i quickly check, after a while, page 3 liao, next day, my unit only can be found at page 6,7 liao :doh: that is I filet out rent, 2 bedder. If by default, don't know where can find my own unit :o

i guess those hungry agents updated their post almost hourly :beats-me-man:

For leasing of condos, 99% of tenants will go through agents so propertyguru is basically useless for leasing as agts have their own central database to shortlist available units. For sale, yes many buyers access propertyguru . So does not matter if your ad has gone to page 6 of propertyguru within a short while.

zeamybro
15-11-12, 14:06
For leasing of condos, 99% of tenants will go through agents so propertyguru is basically useless for leasing as agts have their own central database to shortlist available units. For sale, yes many buyers access propertyguru . So does not matter if your ad has gone to page 6 of propertyguru within a short while.

Yes, those agents who help u list on pptyguru are agents without customer base and waiting for those with customer base to call them up for co-broke.

One thing good abt self advertising on ST is that agents with existing customers will contact u directly, and likely to help push your unit to their clients as they dont have to share the commission with another agent.

nav14
15-11-12, 14:09
So u usually rent by agent? Need to interview (or at least meet up) before sign?

Best is to meet the tenant when they first come to view so that you can reject even if they offer, if your gut feel tells you that they will mess up the place or will be difficult to deal with for eg. By the second meeting , it is usually to sign the agreement already so difficult to reject then. So you can only rely on asking agt to find out which company they work for, their position, will they do heavy cooking, smoke, etc, before you agree to sign the agreement.

East Lover
15-11-12, 14:11
Yes, those agents who help u list on pptyguru are agents without customer base and waiting for those with customer base to call them up for co-broke.

One thing good abt self advertising on ST is that agents with existing customers will contact u directly, and likely to help push your unit to their clients as they dont have to share the commission with another agent.
I received such call several times! because i arranged quotation for curtain, planter etc, somehow property agents got my mobile, and they called me directly... today got one call, japanes family tomorrow viewing, but i asked him to go through my agent, he refused to do so... :cool:

East Lover
15-11-12, 14:13
Best is to meet the tenant when they first come to view so that you can reject even if they offer, if your gut feel tells you that they will mess up the place or will be difficult to deal with for eg. By the second meeting , it is usually to sign the agreement already so difficult to reject then. So you can only rely on asking agt to find out which company they work for, their position, will they do heavy cooking, smoke, etc, before you agree to sign the agreement.
but if i involve every interview, what for i need an agent? migth as well spend a bit to put up advertisement in ST, and wait agent/tenants to call me?

East Lover
15-11-12, 14:15

oh i see.. no wonder today's agent doesn't want to share comm with my agent for tomorrow's japanese family. budget is 4K some more :banghead:

zeamybro
15-11-12, 14:22
oh i see.. no wonder today's agent doesn't want to share comm with my agent for tomorrow's japanese family. budget is 4K some more :banghead:

Ya la.. if your lease managed to close at 4K, he only earns 2K. But if he brings the tenant to other places say 3.5K, he earns the full 3.5k.

Thats why i dont do exclusive. I keep it open and flexible. I have one recent lease that the tenant's agent liaise with me directly. By right she could keep the 1mth agent commission to herself (since there was no co-broke involved), but she was really nice la gave me back $1K angpao.

East Lover
15-11-12, 15:10
Ya la.. if your lease managed to close at 4K, he only earns 2K. But if he brings the tenant to other places say 3.5K, he earns the full 3.5k.

Thats why i dont do exclusive. I keep it open and flexible. I have one recent lease that the tenant's agent liaise with me directly. By right she could keep the 1mth agent commission to herself (since there was no co-broke involved), but she was really nice la gave me back $1K angpao.
wow, so good!

curio
15-11-12, 15:43

4k for partial or fully furnished?

East Lover
15-11-12, 15:54
4k for partial or fully furnished?
3.7 partial, 4 k fully furnished.

which one better to me?

zeamybro
15-11-12, 16:51

which one better to me?

Chestnut bro will ask you to take out a piece of paper and pen to write down:

1) If partial how much total rental you will collect after 2 yrs?
2) If fully, how much would the furniture costs, and how much rental balance you will collect after 2 yrs?
3) The furniture belongs to you after 2 yrs? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hahaha i think my imitation for chestnut bro fail...

Okie my personal opinion is go for partial as much as you can. Its additional effort to buy the furnitures, arrange for delivery and maintenance for them (this spoil that spoil tenants will come looking for u). When the lease ended, you have to spend extra effort to check your items for damages and go through another round of negotiation with tenants on how much $$$ to charge them. Things could turn ugly and affect your mood.

Furthermore, your future tenants may have different taste or opt for partial furnish. Furnitures are easy to bring in but very difficult to bring out of the house lor (unless u have ample storage/holding space outside, but need to spend $$$ on transport again).

But then for a OCR 2BR, i think tenants in generally may ask for fully furnish. Whats your sensing after going through many rounds of viewings? If u see most tenants asking for full furnish, you may want to change your strategy.

dtrax
15-11-12, 16:51

which one better to me?

7.2k difference based on 24mths, if you think can get the other items for equivalent this figure i rather rent as partial and save the trouble

zeamybro
15-11-12, 16:54
7.2k difference based on 24mths, if you think can get the other items for equivalent this figure i rather rent as partial and save the trouble

Ya guru dtrax is right. Some more the 7.2k difference is calculated based on the assumption that they stay throughout the 2yrs. If sway sway they exercise diplomatic clause after 1 yr, it will be only 4.2k difference.

dtrax
15-11-12, 17:09
Ya guru dtrax is right. Some more the 7.2k difference is calculated based on the assumption that they stay throughout the 2yrs. If sway sway they exercise diplomatic clause after 1 yr, it will be only 4.2k difference.

n also u likely will get to keep these items in this kns situation

East Lover
15-11-12, 18:33
Oh I didn't think of this - what if next tenant want partial only? Then I got headache :doh:

Ok, will go for partial if possible, much easier. :rolleyes:

Ok, so far, jap family wants full furniture; single Singaporean just sold house, want full furniture; this handsome couple want partial :p didn't ask the uni family...

What's the ratio? 2:1??

Chestnut bro will ask you to take out a piece of paper and pen to write down:

1) If partial how much total rental you will collect after 2 yrs?
2) If fully, how much would the furniture costs, and how much rental balance you will collect after 2 yrs?
3) The furniture belongs to you after 2 yrs? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hahaha i think my imitation for chestnut bro fail...

Okie my personal opinion is go for partial as much as you can. Its additional effort to buy the furnitures, arrange for delivery and maintenance for them (this spoil that spoil tenants will come looking for u). When the lease ended, you have to spend extra effort to check your items for damages and go through another round of negotiation with tenants on how much $$$ to charge them. Things could turn ugly and affect your mood.

Furthermore, your future tenants may have different taste or opt for partial furnish. Furnitures are easy to bring in but very difficult to bring out of the house lor (unless u have ample storage/holding space outside, but need to spend $$$ on transport again).

But then for a OCR 2BR, i think tenants in generally may ask for fully furnish. Whats your sensing after going through many rounds of viewings? If u see most tenants asking for full furnish, you may want to change your strategy.

East Lover
15-11-12, 18:36
What does full furnitures include??

1. TV
2. TV console
3. Sofa
4. Dinning table
5. Queen size bed + mattress
6. ??

chestnut
15-11-12, 19:01
Sis, u homemaker or working?:confused:

East Lover
15-11-12, 19:05
Sis, u homemaker or working?:confused:
Me professional working mother :D

Why confused??

chestnut
15-11-12, 19:17
Me professional working mother :D

Why confused??

:confused: because u quite free to go interview the tenant.

Ok, sis... To your question on 3.7 or 4k. Here is my breakdown.

Now if foreigner, there will be a diplomatic clause. If they are pr or Singaporean, no diplomatic clause.

So if Singaporean, die, die 24 month. Please do counter check with your agent. My unit was rented out to pr. No diplomatic clause. So they need to fulfill the full 24 month.

So the more knowledge u have, the better your decision process.

Cheers :cheers4:

East Lover
15-11-12, 19:24
:confused: because u quite free to go interview the tenant.

Ok, sis... To your question on 3.7 or 4k. Here is my breakdown.

Now if foreigner, there will be a diplomatic clause. If they are pr or Singaporean, no diplomatic clause.

So if Singaporean, die, die 24 month. Please do counter check with your agent. My unit was rented out to pr. No diplomatic clause. So they need to fulfill the full 24 month.

So the more knowledge u have, the better your decision process.

Cheers :cheers4:
If company lease, I demand no diplomatic clause also? :cool:

You are right, the more I learnt from u and so many bros (especially my bro), the more picture I can see. Thanks for the sharing!

P/s. I'm not free lah, just good in time mgmt hahaha

If no agent, only can view during weekend. And my agent is full of drive now :D

chestnut
15-11-12, 19:35
If company lease, I demand no diplomatic clause also? :cool:

You are right, the more I learnt from u and so many bros (especially my bro), the more picture I can see. Thanks for the sharing!

P/s. I'm not free lah, just good in time mgmt hahaha

If no agent, only can view during weekend. And my agent is full of drive now :D

Sis, if pr or Singaporean, this clause applies

In the event of premature termination, the Tenant shall pay the rent for the unfulfilled duration of the tenancy unless otherwise agreed upon by the Landlord.

If foreigner, will have diplomatic clause after 1 year.

Understand? Regardless of company lease or not.

East Lover
15-11-12, 19:44

In the event of premature termination, the Tenant shall pay the rent for the unfulfilled duration of the tenancy unless otherwise agreed upon by the Landlord.

明白了!师傅!! thanks! :cheers4:

chestnut
15-11-12, 19:52
明白了!师傅!! thanks! :cheers4:

U are welcome.

Sis, I eat potatoe, so when u ask me about bing or something, I blur... I can only speak Chinese... Cannot read... It has a lot to do with my upbringing... Long story.

Cheers.

zeamybro
15-11-12, 20:17
What does full furnitures include??

1. TV
2. TV console
3. Sofa
4. Dinning table
5. Queen size bed + mattress
6. ??

Sis, not in cast in stones one, so it's up to how u nego with your tenants. They may request for 10 items then u can nego down to 5. One of my units has a sofa set, coffee table, tv console, queen bed, balcony set and the white goods (fridge + washer/dryer). The problem of having full furnish is that tenants may end up 贪得无厌, but if its partial furnish then things more clear cut.

But then for OCR 2br, I still feel tenants in general prefer full furnish leh. U observe a while more. At most just throw in a sofa set and queen bed

curio
15-11-12, 23:24
Do the agents normally inform you of the tenant's feedback on view of the unit? or do you usually just wait for them to call you with an offer ?

zeamybro
16-11-12, 08:16
Do the agents normally inform you of the tenant's feedback on view of the unit? or do you usually just wait for them to call you with an offer ?

No they usually wont call. But its good to call them up if you are keen to know why your unit was not chosen ie. asking rental too high? furnishings not to their taste?

roly8
16-11-12, 08:22

hope i can use this in the future..
:banghead: wonder when can i be a landlord.. :p

auroraborealis
16-11-12, 13:16
sis, any deal done yet? my fav part of rental or s&p is the moment of closing :D

shiok to the max :cheers5:

East Lover
16-11-12, 13:50
sis, any deal done yet? my fav part of rental or s&p is the moment of closing :D

shiok to the max :cheers5:
not yet, hopefully tomorrow! :cheers4:

cnud
16-11-12, 15:04
If sis close tomorrow, it's only 4 days since thread started. Good job. Rental market still holding well. Very well.

East Lover
16-11-12, 16:01
If sis close tomorrow, it's only 4 days since thread started. Good job. Rental market still holding well. Very well.
thanks for all the tips from bros, i spent a bit on lighting and curtain, to make my unit a bit class :ashamed1: my unit is quiet facing with greenary view, and i didn't ask sky high rental.... most important, my agent is really full of drive to market my unit, he has passion to do his job perfect, I have my passion to do up my unit perfect, so I hope such 气场 can increase the charming of my unit :D

tomorrow got 2 viewing, and one more 3rd viewing.... really hope can close deal tomorrow :cheers5:

curio
16-11-12, 17:02
Wow! 3rd viewing? Need to view so many times?

Laguna
16-11-12, 18:57
thanks for all the tips from bros, i spent a bit on lighting and curtain, to make my unit a bit class :ashamed1: my unit is quiet facing with greenary view, and i didn't ask sky high rental.... most important, my agent is really full of drive to market my unit, he has passion to do his job perfect, I have my passion to do up my unit perfect, so I hope such 气场 can increase the charming of my unit :D

tomorrow got 2 viewing, and one more 3rd viewing.... really hope can close deal tomorrow :cheers5:

GOOD GOOD GOOD
throw more pinapple on the day of opening the door, throw them far far and high high
HUAT FATT

curio
16-11-12, 19:35
East Lover sis, how much have u spent to get your unit partially furnished?

draik
16-11-12, 20:58
GOOD GOOD GOOD
throw more pinapple on the day of opening the door, throw them far far and high high
HUAT FATT
I thought pineapples should be rolled in instead of throwing?

Anyway, I was imagining if I throw the pineapples far and high, it will break my balcony sliding window. Unit too small. haha.

auroraborealis
16-11-12, 22:08
we like to put at 财位 once take keys :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

I thought pineapples should be rolled in instead of throwing?

Anyway, I was imagining if I throw the pineapples far and high, it will break my balcony sliding window. Unit too small. haha.

Laguna
17-11-12, 02:37
we like to put at 财位 once take keys :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

how to find out where is the 财位?

roly8
17-11-12, 06:17

read your post make me jealous :D

auroraborealis
17-11-12, 10:19
simple rule for rectangle layout (entrance -> dining -> living) if door is at left corner, it's at opposite side right corner of usually the living room

for squarish layout, more complex; I still catch no ball when the fengshui master explaining. technically, it depends on where the main door is located (ideally not cutting through kitchen) :)

how to find out where is the 财位?

chestnut
17-11-12, 10:30
Bro/sis... U make my life damn tough... Don't know speaking to wifey or hubby? Not mind lah.... Hahahaha

Does feng shui believe in number on the door. House no I mean? Just curious....

Your fend shui master got commend on this or not?

::confused: :confused:

simple rule for rectangle layout (entrance -> dining -> living) if door is at left corner, it's at opposite side right corner of usually the living room

for squarish layout, more complex; I still catch no ball when the fengshui master explaining. technically, it depends on where the main door is located (ideally not cutting through kitchen) :)

auroraborealis
17-11-12, 10:38
haha... nvm lah, very tired to declare everytime also :sleep:
actually number on the door related to owners/occupier of unit too, asked once but too inconvenient esp for hot projects 2br must ballot one, where got time to check so many things :D

But being chinese, we avoid the no. 4 at the end of door no.
eg, #xx-x4 we don't buy
but #x4-4x we can accept, just our pref, not feng shui though

Bro/sis... U make my life damn tough... Don't know speaking to wifey or hubby? Not mind lah.... Hahahaha

auroraborealis
17-11-12, 10:43
better shift focus back to Sis east thread topic, later she scold
feng shui topic we go the other thread :ashamed1:

but it's always a risk to spend too much on fittings cos u won't know if tenant will take care or not, we prefer to treat every as write off after 2 yr, if stuff well maintain, it's our bonus. so won't spend so much on lighting or curtains also

zeamybro
17-11-12, 10:52
Most of the damages i see are on the sofa (esp if there r kids), dining sets (scratches and chip off) and washer (door hinge) - stuffs which the tenants get to use and touch very often on a daily basis. Ceiling lightings and curtains so far I dont have any bad experiences. But curtains and lightings are the ones that make the difference to your unit.

But bro aurora is right, sometimes seeing the terok conditions of your stuffs left by yr tenants will make yr blood boils. Then when u start to nego on the compensation it's the time the ugly scenes come in.

focus
17-11-12, 10:54

fengshui don't believe in numbers 4 bring bad luck or 8 bring good luck.

chestnut
17-11-12, 10:59
fengshui don't believe in numbers 4 bring bad luck or 8 bring good luck.

I understand. Feng shui is on the elements of earth, was wondering if feng shui master also nclude in the numbers portion....:confused:

That means, they see your house then tell u, door slant abit, etc.... Do they also say things like 44-44 no good for u or clash with your birthdate, etc...:confused:

auroraborealis
17-11-12, 13:01
they won't, at least for the few times we consulted last time
rather they say what facing (N/S/E/W) better for u, then we will look at site plan then decide stack; also they'll say things that imply higher floor or lower floor better, depending on what's surrounding or what's pointing at your unit; if u ask further, they'll try n give u some nos. that complement ur "ba zhi", then it's up to u to play around with the nos.

quite interesting, can pick up some pointers if u engage for 1-2 times
then future ones, we roughly roughly can le
most impt, it to avoid things u need to avoid (to us) so that won't make u worse
The rest, leave it to fate bah

I understand. Feng shui is on the elements of earth, was wondering if feng shui master also nclude in the numbers portion....:confused:

That means, they see your house then tell u, door slant abit, etc.... Do they also say things like 44-44 no good for u or clash with your birthdate, etc...:confused:

chestnut
17-11-12, 13:40
Ok. Thanks for info :D :D

they won't, at least for the few times we consulted last time
rather they say what facing (N/S/E/W) better for u, then we will look at site plan then decide stack; also they'll say things that imply higher floor or lower floor better, depending on what's surrounding or what's pointing at your unit; if u ask further, they'll try n give u some nos. that complement ur "ba zhi", then it's up to u to play around with the nos.

quite interesting, can pick up some pointers if u engage for 1-2 times
then future ones, we roughly roughly can le
most impt, it to avoid things u need to avoid (to us) so that won't make u worse
The rest, leave it to fate bah

East Lover
17-11-12, 16:14
better shift focus back to Sis east thread topic, later she scold
feng shui topic we go the other thread :ashamed1:

but it's always a risk to spend too much on fittings cos u won't know if tenant will take care or not, we prefer to treat every as write off after 2 yr, if stuff well maintain, it's our bonus. so won't spend so much on lighting or curtains also
Haha, ok, back to my topic, got 2 viewing - Indian VP, Korean family, no news. :o Turkish, 3rd viewing tonight... :spliff2:

Finally finish the lighting, and it looks much better :ashamed1:

We didn't expect lighting took so long time, as need to shift 2 points, 15 lights installation. So we walked to MRT for quick lunch. Really 3 minutes walk under MRT track, so it's quite a pleasant journey even during such a hot Sunday noon time :D

guess what? there are sooo many eating places on the another side of MRT. We usually only go to the shopping mall, never notice there are so many shops on another side :D in fact, it's really a place for living ;)

leesg123
17-11-12, 16:16
Haha, ok, back to my topic, got 2 viewing - Indian VP, Korean family, no news. :o Turkish, 3rd viewing tonight... :spliff2:

We didn't expect lighting took so long time, as need to shift 2 points, 15 lights installation. So we walked to MRT for quick lunch. Really 3 minutes walk under MRT track, so it's quite a pleasant journey even during such a hot Sunday noon time :D

guess what? there are sooo many eating places on the another side of MRT. We usually only go to the shopping mall, never notice there are so many shops on another side :D in fact, it's really a place for living ;)Simei is nice place :)

East Lover
17-11-12, 16:22
Most of the damages i see are on the sofa (esp if there r kids), dining sets (scratches and chip off) and washer (door hinge) - stuffs which the tenants get to use and touch very often on a daily basis. Ceiling lightings and curtains so far I dont have any bad experiences. But curtains and lightings are the ones that make the difference to your unit.

But bro aurora is right, sometimes seeing the terok conditions of your stuffs left by yr tenants will make yr blood boils. Then when u start to nego on the compensation it's the time the ugly scenes come in.
My problem is I tend to buy slightly better things during shopping. So if they offer 3 things, at $5, $7 and $10, I will usually end up to buy the $10 things :ashamed1:

So far I spent a bit on the lighting :ashamed1: , planter I chose the best - Australia iron wood, curtain I chose day + night designer feel, bathroom I chose wooden blend instead of normal blend :ashamed1:

Haven't started fridge and washer yet.

Do hope 一分钱一分货 :D :D :D

P/s. I hope rent out by partial furniture, otherwise I will surely over spend ...

focus
17-11-12, 16:24

Nope. I asked and most of them just laughed it off.

chestnut
17-11-12, 16:56
Nope. I asked and most of them just laughed it off.

Thanks.:cheers6: :cheers6:

price
17-11-12, 17:08

guess what? there are sooo many eating places on the another side of MRT. We usually only go to the shopping mall, never notice there are so many shops on another side :D in fact, it's really a place for living ;)
Saw the news that East point is closing soon?:beats-me-man:

East Lover
17-11-12, 17:35
Saw the news that East point is closing soon?:beats-me-man:
Sun too hot, didn't notice the another side this round :ashamed1:

But last week went there, business still as usual leh..

price
17-11-12, 17:47
Sun too hot, didn't notice the another side this round :ashamed1:

But last week went there, business still as usual leh..
hmm tried searching for the news online but can't find it. Maybe i'm wrong? :confused:

East Lover
17-11-12, 17:55
Finally got one offer! But....... From that Indian VP.

Offer low low, ask more more :scared-2:
I don't want, I don't want :beats-me-man:

chestnut
17-11-12, 19:47

Why, round one cannot hold. Translate to Chinese. Now speak fast. Hahaha

zeamybro
17-11-12, 20:41

Reject! It's way to early to give in

East Lover
17-11-12, 20:57
Reject! It's way to early to give in
Yes, can't give in too early, too easily :D

Korean couple only can move in by end of Jan, so reject. Turkish happily viewed 3 rounds already, tonight take MRT some more, yet no news.....

看的人多,真出价的没几个

zeamybro
17-11-12, 21:01
Yes, can't give in too early, too easily :D

Korean couple only can move in by end of Jan, so reject. Turkish happily viewed 3 rounds already, tonight take MRT some more, yet no news.....

看的人多,真出价的没几个

Don't get disheartened... I ever experience having 7 groups of viewers in a single afternoon but none of them offered at the end of the day. And then one fine day two cheques came to me together matching my asking price.

chestnut
17-11-12, 21:06
[QUOTE=East Lover]Yes, can't give in too early, too easily :D

看的人多,真出价的没几个[/

Sis, your turn out already very good... At least got offer.... But u will run to people to want to move in later because they switching condo...l relax... No problem one lah... Near mrt always in demand one.

East Lover
17-11-12, 21:23
[QUOTE=East Lover]Yes, can't give in too early, too easily :D

看的人多,真出价的没几个[/

Sis, your turn out already very good... At least got offer.... But u will run to people to want to move in later because they switching condo...l relax... No problem one lah... Near mrt always in demand one.
Next mth special, Dec leh....

But got 2 viewings turn us down, because they don't like the project :hell-hath-no-fury:

East Lover
17-11-12, 21:25
Don't get disheartened... I ever experience having 7 groups of viewers in a single afternoon but none of them offered at the end of the day. And then one fine day two cheques came to me together matching my asking price.
Sure, I wait, I will patiently wait for the right big fish :spliff: by one more week :spliff2:

Developer really very good, I told them my rental start Dec, so they rush the defect fixes for me :ashamed1:

zeamybro
17-11-12, 21:30
Sis, another tips to share: weekends viewers mostly are window shoppers, they got time to view many units and compare, whereas weekday viewers are usually the more serious ones who are in more urgent need to make a decision.

Jiayou!:cheers6:

East Lover
17-11-12, 21:32
Sis, another tips to share: weekends viewers mostly are window shoppers, they got time to view many units and compare, whereas weekday viewers are usually the more serious ones who are in more urgent need to make a decision.

Jiayou!:cheers6:
I see! So more viewers doesn't mean more real fish :scared-5:

Ok, we wait for the quality one, the right one, one will be enough :D

Laguna
18-11-12, 04:28
At times, I give in $100-$300 for better quality tenants, which is far more important.

Quality tenants in term of :
1. family size
2. payment (hard to assess at time, check their employment)
3. taking care of my properties
4. their jobs

roly8
18-11-12, 08:35
At times, I give in $100-$300 for better quality tenants, which is far more important.

Quality tenants in term of :
1. family size
2. payment (hard to assess at time, check their employment)
3. taking care of my properties
4. their jobs

good advice! :o
thx for sharing.:D

East Lover
18-11-12, 18:22
Today zero viewing :scared-3:

dtrax
18-11-12, 18:29

First week only?

auroraborealis
18-11-12, 18:33
while u visit ur unit, can walk around, chat with other owners or agents, see what's the feeling on the grounds (if rented out, how long did it take them, who's the agent etc etc)
mayb agent issue, if he cannot perform after 1-2 weeks
unless u signed exclusive, shld try others
cos as time goes by, more n more units done up defects & reno etc
will b more competitive

East Lover
18-11-12, 18:41
First week only?
2 weeks liao... Key collected on 6-nov. today 12 days...:doh

Already 2 weekends passed, only yesterday got viewing

East Lover
18-11-12, 18:44
while u visit ur unit, can walk around, chat with other owners or agents, see what's the feeling on the grounds (if rented out, how long did it take them, who's the agent etc etc)
mayb agent issue, if he cannot perform after 1-2 weeks
unless u signed exclusive, shld try others
cos as time goes by, more n more units done up defects & reno etc
will b more competitive
Next friday finish planter and curtain then see how... Like that 3 weeks still can't move, headache liao :scared-4:

Already 5-6K, not bought white good yet - another 2K? Already 2 mths rental liao... Haven't counted agent commission hoh :scared-3:

dtrax
18-11-12, 18:44
auroraborealis gave a gd suggestion... recce other units

buttercarp
18-11-12, 19:24
In the past, I always thought that HN was expensive. But after comparing prices between Best Denki, AH, I find the prices at HN can be cheaper for the same model. I also enquired prices at those stand-alone shops with no GST etc. But they are also not that cheap. And I prefer to have the extended warranty (cannot get from the stand-alone shops) and to be able to use my credit card to get the points (from time to time there will be a good deal on the points or rebates etc....now Xmas is coming up should be some deals as the market is v. competitive).

Have you tried Paris Silk?
If you know the price in HN, Courts, etc, you go to Paris Silk and bargain.
I think they also got extended warranty.

Oooppss.... just realised that carbuncle has already mentioned Paris Silk.
They also got a store next to I12.

Mattress and office chairs - try Shing Hup in Jurong West St 41.
Got a wide selection of office chairs at a fraction of the price of Ikea's.

East Lover
18-11-12, 19:26
auroraborealis gave a gd suggestion... recce other units
Hmm.... Like this rental market, still got ppl dear to commit their investment in property?:scared-5:

East Lover
18-11-12, 19:30
Thanks. U back home already?

Have you tried Paris Silk?
If you know the price in HN, Courts, etc, you go to Paris Silk and bargain.
I think they also got extended warranty.

Oooppss.... just realised that carbuncle has already mentioned Paris Silk.
They also got a store next to I12.

Mattress and office chairs - try Shing Hup in Jurong West St 41.
Got a wide selection of office chairs at a fraction of the price of Ikea's.

buttercarp
18-11-12, 19:35
Thanks. U back home already?

Yup, and ploughing through the pages of your thread as it willl be applicable to me soon, probably in 1 years' time :) .

curio
18-11-12, 19:47
Next friday finish planter and curtain then see how... Like that 3 weeks still can't move, headache liao :scared-4:

Already 5-6K, not bought white good yet - another 2K? Already 2 mths rental liao... Haven't counted agent commission hoh :scared-3:

No defects to be rectified by the developer? How long would the developer usually take to complete the rectification works?

amk
18-11-12, 19:52
Yup, and ploughing through the pages of your thread as it willl be applicable to me soon, probably in 1 years' time :) .

You have one 2bd investment project TOP next year ? ;)

TS, it's only 2 weeks, really no need to kancheong. 2-3 months are VERY VERY normal for a TOP project. Look at VIVA, a project next to MRT/mall too. After 4 months of TOP there are still 3times of the units advertised. A few months vacancy is part and parcel of this business.

amk
18-11-12, 19:56
No defects to be rectified by the developer? How long would the developer usually take to complete the rectification works?

How long ? Sometimes never ;)
For mass market projects, defects here and there are very normal. Just make sure the critical ones are cleared , like sewage, air con, wall cracks, etc. scratch here and there etc, seriously, dun expect flawless finishes.

zeamybro
18-11-12, 19:59

Eastlover sis, curio made a very important reminder. Do check your unit thoroughly for defects and rectify them early. Once tenants shift in it wil be harder to rectify, and they may not bother to report the faults to u if its not disturbing them much. And by the time they shift out, e warranty period is over.

Eg.Spray some waters around the bathroom to see if they get drained off easily.

East Lover
18-11-12, 19:59
They will finish this Saturday.

East Lover
18-11-12, 20:05
Eastlover sis, curio made a very important reminder. Do check your unit thoroughly for defects and rectify them early. Once tenants shift in it wil be harder to rectify, and they may not bother to report the faults to u if its not disturbing them much. And by the time they shift out, e warranty period is over.

Eg.Spray some waters around the bathroom to see if they get drained off easily.
We have identified about 60 defects.... Most are small things...

Tried the hot water also.i will try to spray water tomorrow :p

My bro, u very experienced leh :D thank u! I better check again before tenant move in :rolleyes:

East Lover
18-11-12, 20:11
I don't like the feeling of zero viewing, last sat n Sunday no viewing, this Sunday also no viewing :(

VIVA is a big CCR project, at least 3 mil for 3 bedder leh. Mine is just a normal OCR, by right should be more ppl can afford bah? Can not have zero viewing at all leh:scared-4:

TS, it's only 2 weeks, really no need to kancheong. 2-3 months are VERY VERY normal for a TOP project. Look at VIVA, a project next to MRT/mall too. After 4 months of TOP there are still 3times of the units advertised. A few months vacancy is part and parcel of this business.

Lovelle
18-11-12, 20:40
I don't like the feeling of zero viewing, last sat n Sunday no viewing, this Sunday also no viewing :(

VIVA is a big CCR project, at least 3 mil for 3 bedder leh. Mine is just a normal OCR, by right should be more ppl can afford bah? Can not have zero viewing at all leh:scared-4:

bro can share where is ur condo ? i think it's temporary only.

buttercarp
18-11-12, 20:48

No lah.
My new home will TOP maybe end of next year.
So I will be letting out my present one.
Have to spend about at least a month or so doing up my old place so I am prepared to go without a tenant for about 2 months.
Hubby don't want to the trouble of renovating it while we are still staying here.

East Lover
18-11-12, 21:02
bro can share where is ur condo ? i think it's temporary only.
Next to Simei MRT and mall

Lovelle
18-11-12, 21:03
Next to Simei MRT and mall
shld be no problem letting out. Just hang on there.

This is called the "Gestation period" as many of our whites put it....

I was in the east yday, my god. there are so many humans in the area. Expo long queue, every where ,,, OMG

i thk i have to buy foresque and stay in the forest...to avoid humans...

East Lover
18-11-12, 21:03
Then should be ok, as u no need to have strong competition with ur 100+ neighbors.

Try not to rent during year end. Super super weak :doh:

No lah.
My new home will TOP maybe end of next year.
So I will be letting out my present one.
Have to spend about at least a month or so doing up my old place so I am prepared to go without a tenant for about 2 months.
Hubby don't want to the trouble of renovating it while we are still staying here.

zeamybro
18-11-12, 21:06
We have identified about 60 defects.... Most are small things...

Tried the hot water also.i will try to spray water tomorrow :p

My bro, u very experienced leh :D thank u! I better check again before tenant move in :rolleyes:

Sis, haha, no la. I only have some experiences in buying and renting of houses, but not long enough in this game to confidently comment on property cycles or market trends. So I usually keep my mouth shut on those topics and let the seniors advise.

Zero viewing is not uncommon on sundays. As mentioned, weekday viewers are usually more serious ones. Since u have an exclusive agent, u shld just let him handle everything while u just sit back, relax and wait for offers. But if u don't mind put on leg in the business, then mabbe it's good to cast your net wider.

Lovelle
18-11-12, 21:18
Then should be ok, as u no need to have strong competition with ur 100+ neighbors.

Try not to rent during year end. Super super weak :doh:

bro

when did u removed ur hot bod body pic ? hhahahaa

buttercarp
18-11-12, 21:23
bro

when did u removed ur hot bod body pic ? hhahahaa

I think you confused East lover and Eastboy.
East lover is a sis.
Eastboy then is a hot bod bro, pic still available if you check member's list.

Lovelle
18-11-12, 21:25
East lover is a sis.

oh shit. really confused...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

East Lover
18-11-12, 21:30
East lover is a sis.
No wonder! :D thanks butter!

East Lover
18-11-12, 21:32
oh shit. really confused...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Ok ok, next time I upload 范冰冰, so u won't be confused forever :D
http://static.statickksmg.com/image/2012/11/05/6009705d68db52f27cd20ec9f92d07ea.jpg

richmumpoormum
18-11-12, 22:15
Hi, what is the thought of engaging the Condo agents in Propertyguru ? Or even residence agent (agent that owed a unit in the condo as well ). Will they have bigger exposure (their listing are always on the top) and client base since they specialize in that project ?

East Lover
19-11-12, 08:07
Hi, what is the thought of engaging the Condo agents in Propertyguru ? Or even residence agent (agent that owed a unit in the condo as well ). Will they have bigger exposure (their listing are always on the top) and client base since they specialize in that project ?
thanks! you bring me a new pont to think of....

Can bro help to analysis?

1. my current exclusive agent

+ full of drive,
+ want to use my unit to provie himself
- new to this line
- busy for others, sometime hard to arrange time.

2. onsite agents
+ full time stay in condo, easy to ask help
+ easy to ask help
- may not focus on mine?

3. Featured agents
+ always apear your unit on the first page
+ specilised in this project
- too many units, so lost focus???

East Lover
19-11-12, 08:09
i'm so sorry, try to be naughty, so upload Fan Bing Bing photo. didn't expect its sooooooo big.:banghead:

anyone know how to remove it? :eek:

chestnut
19-11-12, 08:09
Sis, did u sign exclusive? If no, get a few names from the bros and sis here... There are some agents specialist in corporate lease... I on way to airport... S not much help to u liao... My agent doesn't specialize in corporate lease. Just got fate w me.... Cast open your net lah... But it means u may be more busy opening the unit. With 1 agent, u pass the key to him, everything settled.

East Lover
19-11-12, 08:39
Sis, did u sign exclusive? If no, get a few names from the bros and sis here... There are some agents specialist in corporate lease... I on way to airport... S not much help to u liao... My agent doesn't specialize in corporate lease. Just got fate w me.... Cast open your net lah... But it means u may be more busy opening the unit. With 1 agent, u pass the key to him, everything settled.
Thanks bro! have a good trip and enjoy your holiday!

Dear bro and sis, can PM me your agent who specialist in corporate lease? :)

chestnut
19-11-12, 08:41

Sis, work lah... Budget meeting.... Year end review... Hahahaha

U go corporate lease, I go corporate review... Hahahahaha

roly8
19-11-12, 08:53
Ok ok, next time I upload 范冰冰, so u won't be confused forever :D

zehzeh, you look similar to 范冰冰 is it?

:scared-5:

oda
19-11-12, 09:22
actually hor doesnt matter one la kai-kia. agents most important is he know what he is doing. very impt, i hav been with my agent for abt 3 years now. all no issues, he even sent me hampers for christmas! hhahhahahaha

East Lover
19-11-12, 09:30
actually hor doesnt matter one la kai-kia. agents most important is he know what he is doing. very impt, i hav been with my agent for abt 3 years now. all no issues, he even sent me hampers for christmas! hhahhahahaha
you know why I worry?

my agent told me he is not free when i ask for help... few days before, he proudly told me he brough some super rich to see GCB :doh:

zeamybro
19-11-12, 09:31

+ full of drive,
- new to this line

2. onsite agents
+ easy to ask help
- may not focus on mine?

3. Featured agents

1. Exclusive agent
- pass him the key while you can relax one corner and wait for good news (this is good for those who owned many units and have no time or dont wish to spend so much time personally dealing with the rentals).
- but limit yourself to a smaller tenant pool (especially if he is just waiting for agents with existing tenants to co-broke with him)
- some agents with tenants may not want a split in the commission and would rather look for those units that deal with direct owners
- new to the line means less contacts (with other agents) and less experienced in managing the viewers. For exclusive, i think u shld get the old bird agents instead...

2. Onsite agents
- fast response time and can entertain last min viewing request
- can only expect 'market rate' cos likely to bring tenants to view many similar units within the same project (no incentive to push for your unit)
- very familiar with the project and give value add services
- best if you want to buy a unit in that project and he/she can bring you to view several units for u to compare

3. Featured agents
- featured or non features in my opinion doesnt matter. If no customer base means no customer base....

I know i may be repeating myself, but as what one of the bros here has ever shared his strategy, i also adv on ST. Be prep to received tonnes of calls (many are from agents without tenants but want to help market your unit), but u will also receive calls from agents who already have existing tenants on hand. This approach will make u very busy but at most for just that few weeks or 1 mth.

Lovelle
19-11-12, 09:40
i'm so sorry, try to be naughty, so upload Fan Bing Bing photo. didn't expect its sooooooo big.:banghead:

anyone know how to remove it? :eek:

wow, gorgeous, are u married ? hahaha

zeamybro
19-11-12, 09:49
wow, gorgeous, are u married ? hahaha

next time i go bedok reservoir jog i will keep a look out for a fan-bingbing look-a-like... but actually i prefer li-bingbing

East Lover
19-11-12, 09:50
my bro, as usual, you gave me such valuable tips again!

I will think carefully for my next step...

1. Exclusive agent
- pass him the key while you can relax one corner and wait for good news (this is good for those who owned many units and have no time or dont wish to spend so much time personally dealing with the rentals).
- but limit yourself to a smaller tenant pool (especially if he is just waiting for agents with existing tenants to co-broke with him)
- some agents with tenants may not want a split in the commission and would rather look for those units that deal with direct owners
- new to the line means less contacts (with other agents) and less experienced in managing the viewers. For exclusive, i think u shld get the old bird agents instead...

2. Onsite agents
- can only expect 'market rate' cos likely to bring tenants to view many similar units within the same project (no incentive to push for your unit)
- best if you want to buy a unit in that project and he/she can bring you to view several units for u to compare

3. Featured agents
- featured or non features in my opinion doesnt matter. If no customer base means no customer base....

I know i may be repeating myself, but as what one of the bros here has ever shared his strategy, i also adv on ST. Be prep to received tonnes of calls (many are from agents without tenants but want to help market your unit), but u will also receive calls from agents who already have existing tenants on hand. This approach will make u very busy but at most for just that few weeks or 1 mth.

minority
19-11-12, 11:30
1. Exclusive agent

2. Onsite agents

3. Featured agents

I think alwyas have min 2 agent. to keep them honest. but not more than 2 as it gets competitive and hard for u to manage.

nav14
19-11-12, 12:04

+ full of drive,
- new to this line

2. onsite agents
+ easy to ask help
- may not focus on mine?

3. Featured agents

Despite mentioning earlier that I always advertise myself and do not believe in exclusives, I ended up just once giviing a verbal exclusive to the agt who got me the existing tenant for my unit as I was leaving for a holiday on 4 Dec for 2 weeks while the existing tenancy was expiring on 8 Dec. Afraid that I would not be around to show the unit if I do not get a tenant by 4 Dec, I decided I would do this just once. Agt who had the verbal exclusive only had about 5 viewings in one month. I realised that I could always arrange for viewings even when overseas by text and getting the agents to pick up the house key from my maid. I proceeded to advertise last Thursday and after having 4 viewings on Friday & Saturday, I got an offer on Sunday which I have accepted.
Though it is always not this fast but for me it has proven that my strategy of advertising and opening up to any agent who is interested is the best strategy in getting a tenant fast.
The propertguru page for my condo had increased its listings by 2 fold all because of my unit as every tom dick and harry was advertising for me on Propertyguru. Downside is the number of calls which will continue for a while , arranging for viewings and attracting a number of rookie agts.
So perhaps you should chance it by advertising yourself if there is no written exclusive.

East Lover
19-11-12, 12:21
my agent said, if doing so, all the agents will bring their tenant to view your unit as show flat, and then promote their own exclusive units.:eek:
how true?

Despite mentioning earlier that I always advertise myself and do not believe in exclusives, I ended up just once giviing a verbal exclusive to the agt who got me the existing tenant for my unit as I was leaving for a holiday on 4 Dec for 2 weeks while the existing tenancy was expiring on 8 Dec. Afraid that I would not be around to show the unit if I do not get a tenant by 4 Dec, I decided I would do this just once. Agt who had the verbal exclusive only had about 5 viewings in one month. I realised that I could always arrange for viewings even when overseas by text and getting the agents to pick up the house key from my maid. I proceeded to advertise last Thursday and after having 4 viewings on Friday & Saturday, I got an offer on Sunday which I have accepted.
Though it is always not this fast but for me it has proven that my strategy of advertising and opening up to any agent who is interested is the best strategy in getting a tenant fast.
The propertguru page for my condo had increased its listings by 2 fold all because of my unit as every tom dick and harry was advertising for me on Propertyguru. Downside is the number of calls which will continue for a while , arranging for viewings and attracting a number of rookie agts.
So perhaps you should chance it by advertising yourself if there is no written exclusive.

nav14
19-11-12, 12:21

For those who are speciliasing in corporate lease, they will have contacts or agreements with only 1-2 companies. If these companies are not bringing in any new staff during the period then the agt will be useless.

nav14
19-11-12, 12:25
my agent said, if doing so, all the agents will bring their tenant to view your unit as show flat, and then promote their own exclusive units.:eek:
how true?
Yes that might happen, but if your place is nicely done up, more so than their own exclusive units, then it will backfire on these agts. Agts adopt such talk to scare owners into giving them exclusice. You can always ask details of the tenants and qualify them youseld before you allow the agt to bring the tenant to view your place. You have to be firm sometimes and you can afford to do so as you will not be relying on just one agt.

East Lover
19-11-12, 12:27
For those who are speciliasing in corporate lease, they will have contacts or agreements with only 1-2 companies. If these companies are not bringing in any new staff during the period then the agt will be useless.
i see..
by the way, how to do adv in ST? :ashamed1: how much is it?

auroraborealis
19-11-12, 12:31
sis east, both zeamy & nav bros' tips good
we also dun believe in exclusive (unless talking abt 20mio GCBs, else no point exclusive one - we always ask agent, we give u exclusive but will u give us exclusive, only market our unit for that 1mth) these young agents bo chap one

there are many avenues other than ST classified, u can try singaporeexpats.com ($28 1 mth only for listing) or STproperty.com (free) or Gumtree.com (free). also got some agents advertise "apts wanted for rent" in classified, can call them to try

so far I use the free media n call those apt wanted classified, haven't reach the paid advertising yet but my turnaround is 2 weeks max (including a TOP unit a few mths back)...

p.s. u also need to b careful about ppl who want to take ur unit b4 defects or reno done n quick quick move in (never ever let tenants move in b4 paying)... these r very problem ones, heard a lot of stories already

East Lover
19-11-12, 12:32
agree, can be kind of threaten... :(

Being exclusive, must be focus on my unit right? because now I need to go down mgmt to submit reno form (for curtain and planter), and must take one day leave to open door for the installation of curtain and planter... :mad:

Felt hurt when my agent told me he was busy in arranging some super rich to buy BCG...:banghead: so my interpretion is that my unit is low low in his list comparing with BCG.:hell-hath-no-fury:

Yes that might happen, but if your place is nicely done up, more so than their own exclusive units, then it will backfire on these agts. Agts adopt such talk to scare owners into giving them exclusice. You can always ask details of the tenants and qualify them youseld before you allow the agt to bring the tenant to view your place. You have to be firm sometimes and you can afford to do so as you will not be relying on just one agt.

nav14
19-11-12, 12:33
i see..
by the way, how to do adv in ST? :ashamed1: how much is it?

Just call 1800-2899988, tell them your wordings, no of lines (usually 3 or 4lines) and give them you credit card details over the phone.

Preferably your ad could start off with "Full Commission" and end with "owner" just before your contact no. The objective is to attract agts and not tenants as most tenants looking for PCsto rent love to go through agts including those paying the commission themselves.

Right now they have promotion of pay for 2 and get 2 ads free but all 4 ads must be featured within a week.

East Lover
19-11-12, 12:36
Thank you very much!!!

Ai, today i rushed to mgmt office to submit form, already felt bad... for coming installation, my agent said got full day training, can't come down :doh:

so no choice, i have to take leave :banghead:

young agents really bo chap one... can't really see the value added, except for defect reporting....

talking about GCBs, make me even mad, as he proudly told me he is busy for some super rich to buy GCB! :simmering: so where is my exclusive attention??

we also dun believe in exclusive (unless talking abt 20mio GCBs, else no point exclusive one - we always ask agent, we give u exclusive but will u give us exclusive, only market our unit for that 1mth) these young agents bo chap one

there are many avenues other than ST classified, u can try singaporeexpats.com ($28 1 mth only for listing) or STproperty.com (free) or Gumtree.com (free). also got some agents advertise "apts wanted for rent" in classified, can call them to try

so far I use the free media n call those apt wanted classified, haven't reach the paid advertising yet but my turnaround is 2 weeks max (including a TOP unit a few mths back)...

p.s. u also need to b careful about ppl who want to take ur unit b4 defects or reno done n quick quick move in (never ever let tenants move in b4 paying)... these r very problem ones, heard a lot of stories already

nav14
19-11-12, 12:38

Based on my experience, the most effective is ST classifieds as your ad details will be captured in the main database that most agts have access to. Most agts calling you would have got your details from this database and would not even know that you had advertised in the ST classifieds.

East Lover
19-11-12, 12:41
Based on my experience, the most effective is ST classifieds as your ad details will be captured in the main database that most agts have access to. Most agts calling you would have got your details from this database and would not even know that you had advertised in the ST classifieds.
by doing so, do you still have to pay commision fee to agent? since they are representing tenant already?

auroraborealis
19-11-12, 12:43
will give it a try sooner or later, just that ST classified beri difficult to execute when u r at work... need to call & also form ad within 3-4 small lines

those online portals beri convenient, can settle all website during 1 lunch break :D :D plus they dun have word limit n can load a lot of nice nice photos for tenant/agents to see (usu if tenant call me, I'll tell them to get agent to rep them n they pay agent comm instead of me :D )

East Lover
19-11-12, 12:51
Good idea, tenant pay agent comm, so we save the cost :rolleyes:

called. $143.28 for 2 + 2, must be within 7 days.

what's the best time to put adv? can I this week, friday, sat, next wee, wed and thurs? or thurs, friday, sat and sunday in whole week?

will give it a try sooner or later, just that ST classified beri difficult to execute when u r at work... need to call & also form ad within 3-4 small lines

those online portals beri convenient, can settle all website during 1 lunch break :D :D plus they dun have word limit n can load a lot of nice nice photos for tenant/agents to see (usu if tenant call me, I'll tell them to get agent to rep them n they pay agent comm instead of me :D )

spyro
19-11-12, 13:05

what's the best time to put adv? can I this week, friday, sat, next wee, wed and thurs? or thurs, friday, sat and sunday in whole week?

normally beginning of the week, ppl are too stress up/busy reading classified. Wed onwards will be good as coming weekend and all in a relax mood liao. Also, they will start searching n prepare to go viewing during weekends.:2cents:

nav14
19-11-12, 13:06

I paid $119 for 4 ads for 4 lines with blue highlighting. So $143 is too much unless it is for 5-6 lines which is unecessary.
You ask tenant to pay agt comm, it will not work. Agts are willing to work for you only because of the comm they are eyeing from the owner in this case. It is even more lucrative for those nto co-broking as they get comm from both sides and that is what gets them more motivated to push your unit to their tenants.

nav14
19-11-12, 13:08
normally beginning of the week, ppl are too stress up/busy reading classified. Wed onwards will be good as coming weekend and all in a relax mood liao. Also, they will start searching n prepare to go viewing during weekends.:2cents:
spyro is correct. Advertise on Wed or Thurs but before weekend as most agts are busy with viewings already.

spyro
19-11-12, 13:08
there is another method but not conventional. Only good to do it if u are FREE. Heehee:D Quite a bit of work, but u save a few k agent's fee.

East Lover
19-11-12, 13:29
there is another method but not conventional. Only good to do it if u are FREE. Heehee:D Quite a bit of work, but u save a few k agent's fee.
Like what? Conduct an open house to 守株待兔? :D

minority
19-11-12, 13:32
is classified still effective given its much easier to search on property guru?

zeamybro
19-11-12, 13:32
1. Sis i dont adv so many times a week leh. I usually adv on 2 consecutive saturdays thats all. Agents will start calling u the following monday .... and months later u will still receive calls from agents.

2. When you adv on ST, must remember to indicate "OWNER".

3. And quite impossible to save on agent's fees. For condos, owners usually have to pay. If there is only 1 agent involved in the deal (ie. only the tenant's agent), you may nego with him for a small cut in the commission.

4. And yes, i have come across agents who have helped me adv on ST using their $$$, even though its not exclusive.

East Lover
19-11-12, 13:38
Noted. Just in previous page some bro mention ask tenant to bring their own agent, so I think ...

Only months later can receive call from agent hah?

Next mth is dec. worst off, water front key and optima all collect key at some time. Now tenant having buffet to choose now...

1. Sis i dont adv so many times a week leh. I usually adv on 2 consecutive saturdays thats all. Agents will start calling u the following monday .... and months later u will still receive calls from agents.

2. When you adv on ST, must remember to indicate "OWNER".

3. And quite impossible to save on agent's fees. For condos, owners usually have to pay. If there is only 1 agent involved in the deal (ie. only the tenant's agent), you may nego with him for a small cut in the commission.

4. And yes, i have come across agents who have helped me adv on ST using their $$$, even though its not exclusive.

spyro
19-11-12, 13:39
Like what? Conduct an open house to 守株待兔? :D

Thats a no no. :D my method normally catch the corporate lease. higher budget for corporate lease n easier to manage cos deal with company. Also, if agent involved, they wud hv gotten comm from tenant, so at most give them 1/2 months comm.:D :D

East Lover
19-11-12, 13:41
Thats a no no. :D my method normally catch the corporate lease. higher budget for corporate lease n easier to manage cos deal with company. Also, if agent involved, they wud hv gotten comm from tenant, so at most give them 1/2 months comm.:D :D
Where to find this kind of loon bang hoh?

zeamybro
19-11-12, 13:44
Noted. Just in previous page some bro mention ask tenant to bring their own agent, so I think ...

Only months later can receive call from agent hah?

Next mth is dec. worst off, water front key and optima all collect key at some time. Now tenant having buffet to choose now...

eh no la, you are likely to receive calls from agents shortly after your ST ads. What i meant is even months down the road, u will still keep receiving agents calls cos u r already captured in their 'landlord' database. Good esp if u own a few units, and u can always refer them around.

WFK no mrt (yet) so no fight with your unit la.. Optima shld be filling up soon as it was TOP quite a while before yours right? Yes DEC is a lull period. Keep the unit for Xmas party la.. mai kancheong =)

nav14
19-11-12, 13:47
is classified still effective given its much easier to search on property guru?

ST classified is useful for owners advertising to get their details captured in the main database. Propertyguru is not open to owners. The agts will then get the details from the database and put it up in Propertyguru.
Otherwise, for getting direct tenants for PCs, do not waste time with ST classified. For HDB rent, may get direct tenants from advertising in ST classified. For sale of PCs & HDBs, yes as many local buyers refer to ST classified.

East Lover
19-11-12, 13:49
eh no la, you are likely to receive calls from agents shortly after your ST ads. What i meant is even months down the road, u will still keep receiving agents calls cos u r already captured in their 'landlord' database. Good esp if u own a few units, and u can always refer them around.

WFK no mrt (yet) so no fight with your unit la.. Optima shld be filling up soon as it was TOP quite a while before yours right? Yes DEC is a lull period. Keep the unit for Xmas party la.. mai kancheong =)
No many ppl know I invested DBR except on the forum, so I have to keep low profile :D

We even didn't tell my son. Otherwise he will lose the motivation of study hard, work hard :D

Like someone strike Toto but dear not to share hahaha.

auroraborealis
19-11-12, 13:50
err bros, nowadays agent cannot collect comm from both sides leh
dual representation is violation of CEA law, they can only take 1 side comm
in our case, if tenant call us, we tell them we (landlord rep ourselves), ask them to get tenant to rep them (cos tenant side a lot of things to do one & foreigner usu dun know, utilities/hand over etc etc)

if agent call n they say they want to advertise, we don't reject also
we just say open listing n they can advertise on our behalf
If they succeed, we pay comm
But in these case, agent work for us, landlords, we can ask them to check defects, do up apt, do hangovers etc etc, in these cases, we dun even bother to meet the tenant cos we want our agent to work mah since we pay :D

nav14
19-11-12, 13:50
Where to find this kind of loon bang hoh?

Sounds too good to be true on a regular basis but I would be interested in such a "lobang" also?

auroraborealis
19-11-12, 13:52
bro share leh, now very curious abt ur method :ashamed1:

East Lover
19-11-12, 13:57
Sounds too good to be true on a regular basis but I would be interested in such a "lobang" also?
Ok my iPhone too clever. Auto correction.

Can PM ur lobang? :)

zeamybro
19-11-12, 14:01
Sis, give u some more lobangs for free ads (but only for reeeeal desperate cases)

1. You know some supermarkets like Cold Storage got a notice board for ppl to post free ads right? You may go to some of the nearby outlets like Changi City Pt, Tampines 1 etc to advertise for your unit. Just ask the cashier to provide you an adv slip. Expats usually like to go to these supermarkets ma, and there might be some who wanna look for a new place to rent.

2. Not sure if your condo has, but most condos should also have this notice board for residents to post free ads. I have tried this for one of my condos, and i have a direct tenant (who was then staying in the same condo but thinking of changing to a larger unit) and 2 other agents (who brought their tenants to view other units) who called me to arrange for viewings.

spyro
19-11-12, 14:02
Sis eastlover, u hv a PM.

Bro, quite abit of work leh. Like i said only if u r FREE n not in hurry to rent out. My own 2:2cents: :2cents: only lah. i m sure all the lao jaos here know liaoz.:D :D

dtrax
19-11-12, 14:03
Sharing is caring, feel free to post here. Not many are pros here. It could serve as a gd repository of info for all landlord wannabes

nav14
19-11-12, 14:06

Bro, quite abit of work leh. Like i said only if u r FREE n not in hurry to rent out. My own 2:2cents: :2cents: only lah. i m sure all the lao jaos here know liaoz.:D :D
I believe many would be interested to know including the experienced ones. There will be number of retirees in this forum who have all the time in the world to follow your advice if they can save some $$.

spyro
19-11-12, 14:10
Originally Posted by spyro
Hi sis, if u hv a fax machine at home, u can fax ur property profile to relocation company(google it). Must take pic n do nice nice lah. They hv their in house staff/agent. N since they r already taking comm from tenant, u can nego comm with them. 1/2 month they will jiak. This method high hit rate, at least for me.

Another way is determine ur tenant profile( ur tenant wud come from nearby offices, companies. So, target a few multi national companies n fax them. Do take note diff company hv diff financial year( expat normally come in a new FY). This method see luck. HR good one will KIV ur property

Like i said, abit of work( i take it as a personal project lor, n quite fun) n save some $$. With the $$ saved can do up ur house nice nice.

Hope it helps.:2cents: :2cents:

Dun shoot me hor, my 2 :2cents: :2cents: only. thks:D :D

East Lover
19-11-12, 14:12

Got it. Thanks a lot! Sorry I accidentally clicked 3 times... Better go delete them in ur inbox, otherwise easily reach 50 top :)

dtrax
19-11-12, 14:16
Hi sis, if u hv a fax machine at home, u can fax ur property profile to relocation company(google it). Must take pic n do nice nice lah. They hv their in house staff/agent. N since they r already taking comm from tenant, u can nego comm with them. 1/2 month they will jiak. This method high hit rate, at least for me.

Another way is determine ur tenant profile( ur tenant wud come from nearby offices, companies. So, target a few multi national companies n fax them. Do take note diff company hv diff financial year( expat normally come in a new FY). This method see luck. HR good one will KIV ur property

Like i said, abit of work( i take it as a personal project lor, n quite fun) n save some $$. With the $$ saved can do up ur house nice nice.

i see, thanks for the tip. So for relocation companies, it will be the standard 2yrs lease? How fast is the take up rate usually after you fax them? I guess it would make more sense for an existing unit with a lease expiring soon and the landlord can take pro-active actions to get the next tenant if existing one is not renewing. Newly TOP [given gd location], take up rate should be pretty quick imo

auroraborealis
19-11-12, 14:17
thanks for sharing bro, really need alot of time if do this
after i retire, can try :D

dtrax
19-11-12, 14:19
thanks for sharing bro, really need alot of time if do this
after i retire, can try :D

actually it can be very quick. Just like sending job resume. Just need a template for your property profile. Spend a day getting all the leads and mas send them in oneshot

East Lover
19-11-12, 14:19
My agent text me that got cobroke for viewing - Indian again!

I ask the profile of tenant, got kids? Heavy cooking? No news...:(

Sooo many Indian hah?! Near changi business park, no better tenant meh?

i see, thanks for the tip. So for relocation companies, it will be the standard 2yrs lease? How fast is the take up rate usually after you fax them? I guess it would make more sense for an existing unit with a lease expiring soon and the landlord can take pro-active actions to get the next tenant if existing one is not renewing. Newly TOP [given gd location], take up rate should be pretty quick imo

zeamybro
19-11-12, 14:21
spyro ..stylo milo ... thanks for sharing!

spyro
19-11-12, 14:21

Normally 2 yrs lease but 1 yr one also hv lah. and its quite fast if they hv a match.

auroraborealis
19-11-12, 14:22
i pm u one, random agent but quite hardworking
just we not fated with him, 2 times le
say got tenant want to view but then we already renew & sign
he got 1 tenant onhand & can "rep tenant"

East Lover
19-11-12, 14:25
i pm u one, random agent but quite hardworking
just we not fated with him, 2 times le
say got tenant want to view but then we already renew & sign
he got 1 tenant onhand & can "rep tenant"

Sorry can pm again? Just now got problem. I accidentally deleted a lot! :scared-4: possible deleted urs?

East Lover
19-11-12, 14:33
Sorry can pm again? Just now got problem. I accidentally deleted a lot! :scared-4: possible deleted urs?
Received liao. Thanks!

auroraborealis
19-11-12, 14:38
good luck :cheers5:

Received liao. Thanks!

nav14
19-11-12, 14:39

That is the disadvantage of that location which is a favourite amongst Indian tenants. For Indians try to go for North Indians and those who have spent some time working in the west.

zeamybro
19-11-12, 14:44
That is the disadvantage of that location which is a favourite amongst Indian tenants. For Indians try to go for North Indians and those who have spent some time working in the west.

Few mths ago when i was looking for tenants, I would receive many phone calls from agents who had indian tenants. When i politely decline, they will say "Oh this tenant is different one.. he is holding a VP post for a USA MNC ... lived many yrs in UK bla bla bla"...

There were also some dishonest ones who claim their tenants are Thai, Americans, British etc.. ended up i was opening doors to Thai Indians, British Indians, American Indians ....:beats-me-man:

East Lover
19-11-12, 15:11
ai yoh :doh:

I ask my agent the viewer's profile, he said go check then no news... i told him next time first thing to ask is tenant's profile, singe? couple? got kid? heavy cooking? what kind of job? where is the company?

and my sms will usualy take 30mins to reply one ...:doh:

Few mths ago when i was looking for tenants, I would receive many phone calls from agents who had indian tenants. When i politely decline, they will say "Oh this tenant is different one.. he is holding a VP post for a USA MNC ... lived many yrs in UK bla bla bla"...

There were also some dishonest ones who claim their tenants are Thai, Americans, British etc.. ended up i was opening doors to Thai Indians, British Indians, American Indians ....:beats-me-man:

leesg123
19-11-12, 15:19

I ask my agent the viewer's profile, he said go check then no news... i told him next time first thing to ask is tenant's profile, singe? couple? got kid? heavy cooking? what kind of job? where is the company?

and my sms will usualy take 30mins to reply one ...:doh:better leave your unit vacant till the more desirable profile comes along. certain tenant profile, the cooking smell lingers forever, even after new coat of paint. just not worth it.

East Lover
19-11-12, 15:23
did you eventually find non-indian tenant? how long did you take?

zeamybro
19-11-12, 15:26

and my sms will usualy take 30mins to reply one ...:doh:

Sometimes its not your agent's fault, it could be the tenant's agent not responding to him. I may be wrong, but i tend to feel that the landlord agt is often at the mercy of the tenant agt. The latter already has an existing customer, just waiting to see which unit to close the deal with. So your agt may not necc get v prompt and keen responses from the tenant's agents.

East Lover
19-11-12, 15:26
better leave your unit vacant till the more desirable profile comes along. certain tenant profile, the cooking smell lingers forever, even after new coat of paint. just not worth it.
those indian always good in burgain one, offer low low to test water, ask a lot of things, and little thing also look for you

sianz..:cool: