PDA

View Full Version : Property and the Chicken Rice Theory...

radha08
08-11-12, 21:42
In year 2010 thereabouts when i was living in my condo in pasir ris...a new chicken rice stall opened in elias mall....OVERNIGHT he was a roaring sucess....snaking ques and smells abounded during peak lunchtime....:cheers1:

He started by selling his chicken rice at $2 a Plate...:cool:

About a year later he put up a notice sorry customers but we have to raise our price to $2.20 a plate...during to increasing cost of running our business:o

The ques still maintained and was ever crowded...:o

A few weeks ago i dropped by to pick up a few packets for the family and he had a similar sign up apologetically saying that he had to raise the price to $2.5 come nov 1....:o

So in a NUTshell..."Singapore property and chicken rice"...something very close to the hearts of EVERY singaporean and person on this TINY island....will the price GO up or DOWN.....:confused:

I am NO food or property guru...but if ur hungry NO need to go to a fancy restaurent to fill your stomach similarly if u want a property and cannot afford a BIG/EXPENSIVE property...a small property with POTENTIAL will always appreciate in price like a GOOD plate of chicken rice....:witches-brew::D

JAFCO
08-11-12, 22:14
Alamak look at what you paid for yakun coffee and mcdonald and bus fare as time goes by....the only way is up.....why you think singapore constantly remind about economy and gdp and measure by it....to keep it up....

radha08
08-11-12, 22:29
Alamak look at what you paid for yakun coffee and mcdonald and bus fare as time goes by....the only way is up.....why you think singapore constantly remind about economy and gdp and measure by it....to keep it up....

yup but i think chicken rice is something about 90% of singaporeans like...thats why i see the connection with property...which 99.999% like...:cheers5:

phantom_opera
09-11-12, 02:48
QB House to up price to $12 soon .. up 20%

radha08
09-11-12, 04:23
QB House to up price to $12 soon .. up 20%

not really affect me...:D....but chicken rice and property up i affected:D

chestnut
09-11-12, 05:12
not really affect me...:D....but chicken rice and property up i affected:D

So bro, is Cnud using your photo?

radha08
09-11-12, 08:26

looks more mine than bro carbuncle....:D:D:D

chestnut
09-11-12, 08:47
looks more mine than bro carbuncle....:D:D:D

Hahahaha - Wish you well in your search. Even if dont have at the end, we are all still blessed. At least we all have a roof over our head, enough food to put in our mouth and still have some form of comp to TCSS...

Cheers

cnud
09-11-12, 09:21

My idol avatar!

chestnut
09-11-12, 09:31
My idol avatar!

You mean the photo is not you????

Actually, Tharman is indeed very sharp. This guys pay if come out in public sector will be super BIG !!! This guy sacrifice for a job in govt service. Many people say the salary for minister is huge. It depends who is doing the job. For the case of Tharman, he is underpaid. You know he leave his current job, how much he will be paid in his new job ????

Cheers. :cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

zeamybro
09-11-12, 09:33
Not just chicken rice, i remember Soya Bean or Grass Jelly drinks sold at hawker centre was only 40cents in 2007 ... then 2008 becomes 50cents.. and now is like at least 70cents or 80cents?

cnud
09-11-12, 09:39
I saw his interview on tv during the election.. He was calm and collected although the questions were hard. His face contorted a few times but after the session he had my vote of confidence.

chestnut
09-11-12, 09:41
Not just chicken rice, i remember Soya Bean or Grass Jelly drinks sold at hawker centre was only 40cents in 2007 ... then 2008 becomes 50cents.. and now is like at least 70cents or 80cents?

Bro, this is life - Lets go back in time and lets talk about price of coke
2012 -
2002 -
1992 -
1982 -
1972 -
1962 -

Feel in the blanks.... You can do this for bus fare, chicken rice, anything??? Except consumer electronics - this one, price keep dropping.

chestnut
09-11-12, 09:43
I saw his interview on tv during the election.. He was calm and collected although the questions were hard. His face contorted a few times but after the session he had my vote of confidence.

The only issue I have is when the light shines on his head and the reflection can be quite distracting.... Serious note....
But this guy is super deep.... He is like Richard Hu....

eng81157
09-11-12, 09:56
no need to take reference from prices of chicken rice. from a personal experience, ordered iced Teh-O Kosong at bedok north hawker center.

guess how much it cost me? $1.50!!! :scared-1: :scared-1:

chestnut
09-11-12, 09:59
Radha, actually your chicken rice @ 2.50 already damn cheap. The seller make money or not???

zeamybro
09-11-12, 10:05
Radha, actually your chicken rice @ 2.50 already damn cheap. The seller make money or not???

Yalor, i am surprised chicken rice still got $2.50 .. . Mabbe need to consult chicken rice expert buttercarp sis to comment...

buttercarp
09-11-12, 10:06

I know of $2 chicken rice in Jurong West Ave 1 market.
Delicious.
For the last 10 years the price has not increased.
During lunch time, always long queue.
The portion is slightly smaller than usual, but sufficient for me.
They give spoon if you take away.
Dunno how they make money.

buttercarp
09-11-12, 10:07
Yalor, i am surprised chicken rice still got $2.50 .. . Mabbe need to consult chicken rice expert buttercarp sis to comment...

Still got alot of stalls sell at $2.50 leh......
Sheng Kee at Bedok Reservoir still sell at $2.50.
Most of the other stalls in the Jurong West Market also sell at $2.50.

cnud
09-11-12, 10:08
I know of $2 chicken rice in Jurong West Ave 1 market.
Delicious.
For the last 10 years the price has not increased.
During lunch time, always long queue.
The portion is slightly smaller than usual, but sufficient for me.
They give spoon if you take away.
Dunno how they make money.

Bo Li Duo Xiao = sell by volume. Make everyone busy...

buttercarp
09-11-12, 10:12

I think mabbe they own the stall, and it is run by the family so overheads are low.

zeamybro
09-11-12, 10:13
Still got alot of stalls sell at $2.50 leh......
Sheng Kee at Bedok Reservoir still sell at $2.50.
Most of the other stalls in the Jurong West Market also sell at $2.50.

Oh ya.. Bedok Central Hawker Centre (next to the old bus interchange) still got chicken rice selling at $2 ... the stall name is called 群众.

The stall was manned by this lady... I remember more than 20yrs ago when i was still a kid, she was rather outstanding amongst the hawkers as a young pretty lady with long hair, now in her 40s liao....:D

buttercarp
09-11-12, 10:19
Oh ya.. Bedok Central Hawker Centre (next to the old bus interchange) still got chicken rice selling at $2 ... the stall name is called 群众.

The stall was manned by this lady... I remember more than 20yrs ago when i was still a kid, she was rather outstanding amongst the hawkers as a young pretty lady with long hair, now in her 40s liao....:D

Wah.... when you were a kid, you were already oogling at beautiful women!

phantom_opera
09-11-12, 10:22

Be careful if it is too cheap to be true .... what kind of cheapo oil, meat, ingredients they use

No wonder so many cancer patients nowadays :scared-4:

zeamybro
09-11-12, 10:24
Wah.... when you were a kid, you were already oogling at beautiful women!

Haha i think many ppl at bedok central noticed her as well, cos seldom you sell young ladies working as hawkers, some more she bothered to dress-up.

There was also another lady selling sugar-cane drinks at Clementi central hawker centre... super 'teh' when addressing her customers.. Used to patronise her stall quite often when i was in NUS. My elder bro told me many yrs ago she was even more chio, but now LKK liao...

sorry i off-topic !

zeamybro
09-11-12, 10:26
Be careful if it is too cheap to be true .... what kind of cheapo oil, meat, ingredients they use

No wonder so many cancer patients nowadays :scared-4:

I agree.. There is this dishonest sugarcane drink stall at the East Coast Lagoon hawker centre ... instead of real juice, i think 30-40% of the liquid content is sugar syrups...

radha08
09-11-12, 10:27
You mean the photo is not you????

Actually, Tharman is indeed very sharp. This guys pay if come out in public sector will be super BIG !!! This guy sacrifice for a job in govt service. Many people say the salary for minister is huge. It depends who is doing the job. For the case of Tharman, he is underpaid. You know he leave his current job, how much he will be paid in his new job ????

Cheers. :cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

in real life he is a simple guy i heard...:cheers4:

radha08
09-11-12, 10:29

if you are in elias mall check it out....its the circular coffeeshop next to the dbs atm...yummy....i think owner is a quite a holy guy heard those kind of chanting songs being played after hours at his stall...;)

iwantgizmos
09-11-12, 11:00
not to mention. Nasi Lemak at Changi Village was just $2 back then.

cnud
09-11-12, 11:31
Just heard the song played on 933... Beatles' YESTERDAY

Yesterday, all my troubles seem so far away.
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly, I'm not half to man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me.
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why she had to go I don't know she wouldn't say.
I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play.
Now I need a place to hide away.
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

cnud
09-11-12, 11:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Wg5nwOs9E&feature=fvwrel

zeamybro
09-11-12, 12:34
Used to buy Gain IQ milk powder at $48.50 per tin in the mid 2000s... now i see the price tag is $64.50 .... kns

carbuncle
09-11-12, 13:34
bro you buy milk powder for who??

about that 'Public' chicken rice lady, yes I always patronise her as she always service with a smile that brightens an otherwise shit end of work day

phantom_opera
09-11-12, 13:39
Used to buy Gain IQ milk powder at $48.50 per tin in the mid 2000s... now i see the price tag is $64.50 .... kns

15% cheaper in JB ... if you dare

zeamybro
09-11-12, 13:56
Carbuncle - for myself can? Haha ... cos i still need to drink milk daily leh... :D Chicken rice lady must have like u a lot cos she din smile at me one. Mabbe i am not half as yandao as u.

Phantom bro - Ya.. heard from colleagues its cheaper there, but even if i dare to let the kids try the milk powder from there, i also dont dare to drive in. Some few yrs ago, my car front signal lamp covers were blantantly removed right in front of me by some robbers.

radha08
09-11-12, 13:57

pediasure...:banghead::banghead::banghead:...super x now

radha08
09-11-12, 13:59
Carbuncle - for myself can? Haha ... cos i still need to drink milk daily leh... :D Chicken rice lady must have like u a lot cos she din smile at me one. Mabbe i am not half as yandao as u.

Phantom bro - Ya.. heard from colleagues its cheaper there, even if i dare to let the kids try to the milk powder from there, i dont dare to drive in. Some few yrs ago, my car front signal lamp covers were blantantly removed right in front of me by some robbers.

forget jb unless u want to buy chewing gum...:D

Laguna
09-11-12, 16:23
some of the hawker stalls their rental is only $200+

kane
09-11-12, 16:25
That's the old scheme accorded to the original owners I believe.

zeamybro
09-11-12, 16:27
That's the old scheme accorded to the original owners I believe.

1st generation is $200++ , 2nd generation is $1900++ onwards...

Lovelle
09-11-12, 16:38
chicken rice at Ananas cafe only $1.80...hahaha

hyenergix
09-11-12, 17:13
The chicken rice stall at west coast hawker center is good. $2.50 only. Price has remained constant but the prices of the houses there have gone up a lot in recent years. So the theory linking house price and chicken rice is refuted here.

phantom_opera
09-11-12, 17:22
贵未必好,又便宜又没问题那里找

:scared-5:

zzz1
09-11-12, 17:26
The chicken rice stall at west coast hawker center is good. $2.50 only. Price has remained constant but the prices of the houses there have gone up a lot in recent years. So the theory linking house price and chicken rice is refuted here.
The only things similar are the size and quantity have gone down ,...

hyenergix
09-11-12, 18:10
The only things similar are the size and quantity have gone down ,...

The chicken rice there is still quite decent although the portion has indeed shrunk a bit. Nowadays the hawker center is packed with many people living along west coast. Next few years with more condos TOP there I think the area will jam during peak meal hours.

radha08
09-11-12, 22:11

psssssssssssssssssst tell u a secret the chicken rice stall owner owns two landed properties there....:D:D:D:D...so he no need to raise his chicken rice price....end of psssssssssssssssst:D:D:D:D

hyenergix
09-11-12, 22:25
Might as well say owner has many chickens helping him to earn money, so can keep price low.

Komo
09-11-12, 22:29
the best chicken rice is still the one in ipoh. eat for supper best:D

zeamybro
09-11-12, 22:32
As students many yrs ago, my classmates and I used to get free top up of rice at e west coast hawker stall. The old uncle would say students need to eat more, so it's free for us.....

hyenergix
09-11-12, 22:36
As students many yrs ago, my classmates and I used to get free top up of rice at e west coast hawker stall. The old uncle would say students need to eat more, so it's free for us.....

Rice was so cheap then...

kane
09-11-12, 22:48
the best chicken rice is still the one in ipoh. eat for supper best:D

the one at the crossroad where they serve beansprout with soya sauce or something? the kampong chicken shiok man. and the salt baked chicken in ipoh is best of the best!

radha08
09-11-12, 23:20
Might as well say owner has many chickens helping him to earn money, so can keep price low.

aiyah can say whatever we want...end of day price up up up...:cool:

carbuncle
10-11-12, 08:31

Suddenly i tot i am in the geylang okt thread...

hyenergix
10-11-12, 08:42
Suddenly i tot i am in the geylang okt thread...

U mis-interpreted :p

roly8
10-11-12, 08:50
the one at the crossroad where they serve beansprout with soya sauce or something? the kampong chicken shiok man. and the salt baked chicken in ipoh is best of the best!

kampung chicken still the juiciest! :D

zeamybro
10-11-12, 08:51
Alexandra Village hawker centre (opp ikea) got sell kampung chicken rice ...

carbuncle
10-11-12, 09:10
anyone know if there is chicken rice ball in sg?

does the authentic one have any meat inside the ball? or just rice

zeamybro
10-11-12, 09:34
anyone know if there is chicken rice ball in sg?

does the authentic one have any meat inside the ball? or just rice

Yes, at B3 of 313, got this melaya cafe selling chicken rice ball. Taste wise so so but worth trying. So far the one I ate only got rice, no meat inside.

carbuncle
10-11-12, 10:08
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/263398_10152236304800244_1500135552_n.jpg

2.30 chicken rice at ananas cafe at aljunied mrt

auroraborealis
10-11-12, 10:09
think the price hikes in boon tong kee chicken rice over the years is a good benchmark

Shanhz
10-11-12, 13:15
think the price hikes in boon tong kee chicken rice over the years is a good benchmark

that is profiteering

zzz1
10-11-12, 15:20
kampung chicken still the juiciest! :D
kampung chicken juiciest ?

we used to cook curry by using kampung chicken , the meat is so stiff that we have to boil and boil till soft.. that is how the curry is so nice...

zzz1
10-11-12, 15:23
The chicken rice there is still quite decent although the portion has indeed shrunk a bit. Nowadays the hawker center is packed with many people living along west coast. Next few years with more condos TOP there I think the area will jam during peak meal hours.

that place was once my favorite...seafood there is great too...

used to hang over there with friends over few bottles of beer ...and great food to compliment the drinks and companion..

radha08
10-11-12, 16:38
2.30 chicken rice at ananas cafe at aljunied mrt

whats the other dish chicken noodles

carbuncle
10-11-12, 16:58
ya chicken noodles