PDA

View Full Version : Check this out - unbelievable

chestnut
06-11-12, 06:24
This could be the next big thing - 3 d printing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ-aW...e_gdata

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_printing

Roly8, u software guy, rite. This one use auto desk and whatever cad software and print out the real thing. Check this out and give me your view.

chestnut
06-11-12, 06:35
3 d printing in a nutshell basically means u can print 3 d items like

1. Spanner
2. Bicycle
3. I phone casing
Unlimited usage. This may ultimately end manufacturing plants.

U can get 3 d printers for home and offices. Mind boggling. Machiam sci-fi come true. :cheers5:

smpeh
06-11-12, 06:43
3 d printing in a nutshell basically means u can print 3 d items like

1. Spanner
2. Bicycle
3. I phone casing
Unlimited usage. This may ultimately end manufacturing plants.

U can get 3 d printers for home and offices. Mind boggling. Machiam sci-fi come true. :cheers5:

Current it's is used in manufacturing toys,medical,military prototype cos its of lower cost then using a conventional CNC machine. Companies in sin typically provide design and prototype services before they go places like china to manufacture. Seems is to protect IP that way. Just my 2 cents worth :D

chestnut
06-11-12, 07:21
Bro, it seems u in manufacturing. Do u we this to replace Cnc machines.?

EBD
06-11-12, 07:38
The scary thing with this is firearm controls will become useless.

There are already working gun parts (at least the receiver) that have been made with this technology.

smpeh
06-11-12, 07:49
Bro, it seems u in manufacturing. Do u we this to replace Cnc machines.?

Don't think so yet cos cost wise CNC still wins in mass production. As EBD bro mentioned, it's already quite common in use but think the next step will be more for entrepreneurs who has designs but can't afford to sub out the prototype.

Saw several brands in action, quite amazing the way I see it. There's someone in US build their own 3D printer some time ago. :D

chestnut
06-11-12, 07:53
Cool bro. I saw the clip on firearms as well. But I think this will be the future. Maybe 5-10 yrs time. I just bot some shares. Going in every month. If it grows, I huat. If it doesn't, so be it. Am spotting the next wave and putting my money into future. Hahaha. Wish me luck. Hahaha:cool:

zzz1
06-11-12, 16:27
This could be the next big thing - 3 d printing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ-aW...e_gdata

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_printing

Roly8, u software guy, rite. This one use auto desk and whatever cad software and print out the real thing. Check this out and give me your view.
The 'printing' is essentially laminate layer by layer and create model .. It is used primary for protocol sample and not meant for mess production .

It is fast compare to traditional way of mould and fixture .. Basically can print any design from a 3D design ...

chestnut
06-11-12, 16:45
Check this out

Prosthetic

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/03/wrex-3d-printed-exoskeleton-girl-move-arms_n_1739419.html

Flute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlq5R84TlVw

Audi
http://blog.sculpteo.com/2012/04/04/3d-printing-for-the-car-industry-the-audi-example/

This to me is mind boggling. At first, I thot it was a prank. Then it turned out to be true.

Can you imagine this available to the home in 5 years time???

We are indeed entering into a new world.

Think what else you can do with 3 d printing. There are talks of even producing a kidney, but this may not happen during our time. Hahahaha

:cheers4::cheers4:

carbuncle
06-11-12, 16:49
depending on the materials used, wont hologram be more practical?

chestnut
06-11-12, 16:55
depending on the materials used, wont hologram be more practical?

Sorry, bro, I dont get you? Hologram for???

4wheels
06-11-12, 17:21
For plastic parts, mold is the most cost effective for mass production.

lifeline
06-11-12, 17:47
wow! that exoskeleton is really incredible!!!
it is really great when you see biomedical engineering applications like that!

chestnut
06-11-12, 19:36
Bro, got somemore apps. You google, u will be shocked.... I really think we are living in crazy times man. So many changes. Internet, Lehman bro, mobile phone, e-mail, Internet phone, blah, blah..... But I like.

:cheers1:

chestnut
06-11-12, 19:43
For plastic parts, mold is the most cost effective for mass production.

Bro, u see this technology will replace mould in say 5-10 years time?

Like say, CRT to LCD to LED for TV? This may revolutionize manufacturing in a large way. If the printers become cheaper, ( right now under 10k), every home will have 1. Imagine it is $500, u want to print your iPhone cover, just voila. Or you loose a particular screw, voila.

IBM said mainframe is here to stay, no way mini can take over. Then DEC came along. DEC said, mini is here to stay, no way every home will have a PC(by the way, they also invented pc), and PC came along. Microsoft said, pc is here to stay, iPad came along. And the next big thing will be thin client where u only need the cloud.

chestnut
06-11-12, 20:13
Another link for reading

http://moneymorning.com/2012/03/08/3d-printing-how-desktop-factories-will-create-the-next-1-trillion-industry/

lifeline
06-11-12, 23:02
Another link for reading

http://moneymorning.com/2012/03/08/3d-printing-how-desktop-factories-will-create-the-next-1-trillion-industry/

bro, looks like what you are looking to invest in is disruptive technology, also the bane of the innovators dilemma. read and listen to more here :

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=15545

chestnut
06-11-12, 23:17
Yup.

I think this 1 got potential.

Better keep mum now. Afterwords, people say I hyping this up..... Hahaha.

lifeline
06-11-12, 23:23
Yup.

so how to invest in this? enter at which level / angle?

hyenergix
06-11-12, 23:41
Looks more for prototyping. Issues are the materials that are based on polymer and binder, and the print-head. And you cannot have mixed materials in the product e.g. laptop. Mass production could be at least 20 years away.

smpeh
07-11-12, 04:16
Yup.

Bro, don't tell me you going to angle investors to these firms? :D If so, you got to pick a few cos I think more and more companies setting up to do this.

Last I know in china exhibition, there's about 10 start ups that work with university on this.

From what I see, the material cost will be challenging to make it economical enough. Same with our razors, you buy the brand and gotta keep using their consumables unless you take a change and use alternatives but manufacturers don't warranty if anything.

Any idea? Can share share. :cheers4:

chestnut
07-11-12, 04:43
Don't need to invest in start up lah. There are companies selling this already and listed in US. This 1 is tikum, tikum. Potential of growing many folds.

You see, new innovations are where the big bucks are. Check history.

Give example of 1 stock - now trading at 43.44. 1 year ago was about 17usd. The company is profitable. Not like dot com time.

To all, please do not need to tell me I am right or wrong. I am not asking u all to invest. I just share share with u all the technology.

If u want to go in, do your own homework which stocks to go in. Please do due diligence.

If u all see any potential technology, please do post it up and share share. I will do my own due diligence. Thanks.

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Bro, don't tell me you going to angle investors to these firms? :D If so, you got to pick a few cos I think more and more companies setting up to do this.

Last I know in china exhibition, there's about 10 start ups that work with university on this.

From what I see, the material cost will be challenging to make it economical enough. Same with our razors, you buy the brand and gotta keep using their consumables unless you take a change and use alternatives but manufacturers don't warranty if anything.

Any idea? Can share share. :cheers4:

chestnut
09-11-12, 05:23
http://www.explainingthefuture.com/3dprinting.html

Sci-fi come true.

chestnut
07-01-13, 06:18
This is my last post... For those who have bot into 3 d printing, congrats... You would have made 40% or more Liao.... WELL DONE !!!!!!!

It is now up to u to sell or just carry on....

My tip giving is done!!!!!!! I wish all of you well in your quest for financial freedom, stocks and property investments...

Cheers and may 2013 bring all of you SUCCESS !!!!!

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

buttercarp
07-01-13, 06:36
This is my last post... For those who have bot into 3 d printing, congrats... You would have made 40% or more Liao.... WELL DONE !!!!!!!

It is now up to u to sell or just carry on....

My tip giving is done!!!!!!! I wish all of you well in your quest for financial freedom, stocks and property investments...

Cheers and may 2013 bring all of you SUCCESS !!!!!

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Hi bro, why is this your last post?
What happened?

chestnut
07-01-13, 06:48
Hi bro, why is this your last post?
What happened?

Sis, NS over Liao. Today ROD/ORD.... Hahahaha

Share as much as possible liao... Hopefully, some picked up some things from me...and I need to focus on 2013.... I need to map out the strategies and do many reviews in various countries and ensure we are in number 1 position.... Hahahahahaha.. So yes, some ass kicking to do....

Cheers...:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

buttercarp
07-01-13, 07:12

Share as much as possible liao... Hopefully, some picked up some things from me...and I need to focus on 2013.... I need to map out the strategies and do many reviews in various countries and ensure we are in number 1 position.... Hahahahahaha.. So yes, some ass kicking to do....

Hope you will be back when you are less busy.
Cheers :cheers4: !

roly8
07-01-13, 08:40

don't leave this forum...

post at least one per day..
:p

me dieing to keep learning from you.
:o

Laguna
07-01-13, 09:06
secretariat left
Chestnut leaving or left

Look like it is a bad start for this forum.

I am going back to the job market very soon, and start preparing and I will only post selectively

chestnut
07-01-13, 09:21
Laguna, I did not send you any messages earlier because I believe you will be overwhelm with messages and well wishes...
I feel it is not rite for people to share such personal info regardless if it is real or un-real... But that is not my reason for "leaving". My true intention for "being here" is purely to share... Initially, I did "pissed" people off but I was purely trying to guage the responses and "test" market.

I believe I have shared as much I possibly can and along the way, I hope, I have imparted some "knowledge" thru my hard knocks, be it failures or success. I have been thru shit and survived all the bloody "recessions" to come up "STRONGER".

Phantom does not believe that a "high-earner" can come into this forum and "waste time". I personally feel that I did not waste time and have shared valuable experiences...

I am compelled to reply you... though we did not hit off real well initially - I can really see you are a nice person and always ready to help... Which is GREAT... Give and you will Receive.... For me, I have GIVEN AND INDEED RECEIVED MORE !!!!!!

I am leaving not because of bad incidences but I actually set a timeline for myself to impart "knowledge" to our fellow citizens - of course there are other citizens here who would have benefitted.... Hahahaha

I am glad to see your return...

I wish you well in your endeavors and best wishes in your new job... As for me, my time here is done and I wish everyone here all the best...

Cheers Sis .......

And a Very Happy New Year to you....

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

I did say I am here to do NS.

secretariat left
Chestnut leaving or left

Look like it is a bad start for this forum.

I am going back to the job market very soon, and start preparing and I will only post selectively

mcmlxxvi
07-01-13, 09:21
世间没有不散的宴席。

再见 胸豆哥哥。

thank you, please cum again.

roly8
07-01-13, 09:34
what is your plan for 2013, mr chestnut?

chestnut
07-01-13, 09:38
世间没有不散的宴席。

再见 胸豆哥哥。

thank you, please cum again.

Bro MCM, you have touched my life.... I really do feel for you... Please do keep your chin up. You have so much TALENT that you yourself cannot see.. But I do see it !!!!!! You will find your destiny... We may not meet in person but we have "met" and that's all that matters...

Remember, pursue your dreams and it will come true. Most importantly, always THINK POSITIVELY AND FIND SOLUTIONS TO ISSUES (NOT PROBLEMS HOR).... USE POSITIVE WORDS AND YOU WILL HAVE POSITIVE RESULTS...

Use words like
- Concerns, issues (instead of problems)
For any issue, find a solution... If a solution cannot be found, dont think about it.... Only think about issues that can be solved....

Cheers.... Signing off...

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

chestnut
07-01-13, 09:40
what is your plan for 2013, mr chestnut?

Roly, as for you.... Please do more deep analysis... Only with that, you will see the BIG PICTURE.... You are so unsure of yourself... please absorb information and form a pix !!!!! Only then, you will have a strategy...

Cheers bro....

Laguna
07-01-13, 09:43
Hi Chestnut
Your mail box full. This was the PM I wanted to send to your mailbox. So, make it open but I took out one line, something to be shared with you in private.

There are very few contributors I respect, and you are one of the few.

Can we stay in touch via PM.

It is hard to part with u.

chestnut
07-01-13, 09:51
Hi Chestnut
Your mail box full. This was the PM I wanted to send to your mailbox. So, make it open but I took out one line, something to be shared with you in private.

There are very few contributors I respect, and you are one of the few.

Can we stay in touch via PM.

It is hard to part with u.

I have intentionally left it full as I do not want to entertain anyone anymore... Today is my last day.... and I will share whatever shit you guys want to know.... I am still working leh... as I am typing...

I am as real as it gets Sis.... Hahahahahaha... You will hear from me shortly... Cheers...

roly8
07-01-13, 10:02
mr chestnut, care to keep in contact via online messenger? :o

i am sure xiao di di here will benefit alot from your years of wisdom & experience.. :p

the problem with me is my bullet & timing isn't in the right place yet.
so, i have been hesitating to move forward to get a property :o

taggy
07-01-13, 10:27
I have intentionally left it full as I do not want to entertain anyone anymore... Today is my last day.... and I will share whatever shit you guys want to know.... I am still working leh... as I am typing...

I am as real as it gets Sis.... Hahahahahaha... You will hear from me shortly... Cheers...
maybe u will miss this forum, then come back after today again lah :D
many ppl need your advice, including me leh :ashamed1:

Emma
07-01-13, 10:27
really nice of people to come in and bid a formal good bye. i thought most people will just disappear.

chestnut
07-01-13, 11:40
Today is indeed my last day.... I did post that it will be my last post, but I feel a need to share some today... and yes, it is indeed my last day of posting...

For you bro, you just need to clear your mind.... You are so worried about your job (yes, you are your own boss).... and that's what is biting you.... Not the fear of bullets and timing... If today, your biz is doing well and you have no/minimal competition, YOU WILL NOT BEHAVE THIS WAY...

Sort out your job first bro, if not, this will follow you everywhere... You have a monkey over your shoulder.... Your fear is of the future... Not the current....

Hope this helps... I am telling this straight to your face as I will not appear again..... And you need to GROW UP !!!!! You are a nice chap but you need to know what you want in life. You are indeed at a cross road... To go for wealth or to take life simply... Tough choice my friend !!!!!

Cheers

mr chestnut, care to keep in contact via online messenger? :o

i am sure xiao di di here will benefit alot from your years of wisdom & experience.. :p

the problem with me is my bullet & timing isn't in the right place yet.
so, i have been hesitating to move forward to get a property :o

roly8
07-01-13, 11:55
thanks you for your post.

mr chestnut, it is like my army officer scolding me for my own good..

that is why me don't want you to leave this forum.. :o
at least have a way to find you to seek advice next time :o

chestnut
07-01-13, 12:00
thanks you for your post.

mr chestnut, it is like my army officer scolding me for my own good..

that is why me don't want you to leave this forum.. :o
at least have a way to find you to seek advice next time :o

Bro, when my corporal failed his chin up, I told him to visit me everyday at 9am, 12pm and 5pm.... Everyday, he has to do many push ups in front of me.. His arms were aching but he did this for 1 month.... Everyday... And guess what, at IPPT, he did 10 chin ups... Hahahahahahahahaha

Bro, you have to learn how to fly !!! Soar the sky.... Your brain is your biggest weapon and at the same time, your biggest obstacle... Learn to wield it and you will be a force to be reckon with... Let it wield you and you will will suffer... Understand !!!!!

Cheers
:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

No holds bar....

You are smart - use it my good friend !!!!!!!

zzz1
07-01-13, 12:03

Bro,

Cheers to you too !!:cheers5:
won't be surprise we may chance upon each other in Indonesia ! let have some beer Bintan and some oleh oleh then..
Take Care..

chestnut
07-01-13, 12:06
Bro,

Cheers to you too !!:cheers5:
won't be surprise we may chance upon each other in Indonesia ! let have some beer Bintan and some oleh oleh then..
Take Care..

Pak zzz1, Boleh dong.

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

Laguna
07-01-13, 12:06
Roly and Ah Tan are the lost kids in town...

somehow, they need lot of help hands to grow up. This is not right.

Laguna
07-01-13, 12:07
Pak zzz1, Boleh dong.

I am going out for afternoon tea and a small concert, so, I still have up to midnite today to chat with u....

please stay online till midnite...

DC33_2008
07-01-13, 12:08
May your retirement goal fullfil by this year. I am sure you will. :)
Pak zzz1, Boleh dong.

Emma
07-01-13, 12:08
methinks chestnut is finding it difficult to leave this forum - it was supposed to be his last posting many postings ago !:D
aiyah don't make it sound like you have to surrender passport and forever cannot come back to this country - just take it as a hiatus and come back as and when you have some time to kill.

chestnut
07-01-13, 12:14
methinks chestnut is finding it difficult to leave this forum - it was supposed to be his last posting many postings ago !:D
aiyah don't make it sound like you have to surrender passport and forever cannot come back to this country - just take it as a hiatus and come back as and when you have some time to kill.
OK, sis... Last post... I just bidding farewell to the people whom I have some form of feeling now...

This is indeed real... I wish each of you all the best...

There must come a time to leave and now is the time...

Cherio... Confirm, double confirm, triple confirm last post...

My PM is full... and will be left that way !!!!!

Cheers !!!!! No more answering !!!! Going for lunch liao !!!

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU....

lifeline
07-01-13, 12:41
dear chestnut,

it is so sad to hear that you are really leaving. guess that in future, all the rest who wish to learn further will have to read and re-read your old posts for those pearls of wisdom.

i will learn to imbibe more of your positive attitude towards life.

thanks and wishing you Good Health Always,
lifeline

indomie
07-01-13, 13:02
http://www.redorbit.com/media/uploads/2004/10/31_9d4149ecc4e212597918ee959c07a506.jpg
In honor of our "dropping out" brother ... I declare today "Chestnut Day". May u grow a bigger and stronger nuts this year and come back soon nuttier than ever.

Allthepies
07-01-13, 13:14
goodbye bro chestnut!

stl67
07-01-13, 14:00
Nice Shot Indomie... Goodbye Chestnut.... come back when you got time hor...

mcmlxxvi
07-01-13, 14:30
http://www.redorbit.com/media/uploads/2004/10/31_9d4149ecc4e212597918ee959c07a506.jpg
In honor of our "dropping out" brother ... I declare today "Chestnut Day". May u grow a bigger and stronger nuts this year and come back soon nuttier than ever.

suddenly crave for nutella