PDA

View Full Version : Where i invest?

Zack45
05-11-12, 13:48
If i had retirement in next 4 to 5 year.And want to invest in any business,What you thing real estate investment is better at that time or invest in any other business???

indomie
05-11-12, 16:43
If i had retirement in next 4 to 5 year.And want to invest in any business,What you thing real estate investment is better at that time or invest in any other business???
I think its too late to invest in real estate if u are planning to retire in the next 4 to 5 years. Why?
1. You have to pay in cash, can't get loan because of age.
2. You can't sell within 4 years because of SSD

xis
05-11-12, 17:59
You should look for recurring inocme that is liquid, as and when you need money it can be taken out. Gold and blue chip stocks are both very liquid and safe if buy at correct market cycle. I prefer blue chip stocks that give good dividends. Example SPH, M1, some reits etc. Property provide good rental if invest correctly but is not liquid.

rockinsg
05-11-12, 20:30
I think its too late to invest in real estate if u are planning to retire in the next 4 to 5 years. Why?
1. You have to pay in cash, can't get loan because of age.
2. You can't sell within 4 years because of SSD

If have million dollars cash, why not but and rent out at 4k..
That's a good retirement income..no need for selling..
and if don't have million dollar spare then why even talk about investing..

cnud
05-11-12, 23:13
If have million dollars cash, why not but and rent out at 4k..
That's a good retirement income..no need for selling..
and if don't have million dollar spare then why even talk about investing..

Wah, no one million no need invest? Atas

kane
05-11-12, 23:30
600-900k can buy one 1/2bed in full and live off passive income. don't neee 1mio lah.

xis
06-11-12, 10:54
Ha! Ha! $1m property can get $4k rental return that about 5% yield(excluding maintenance, agent fees, tax, repair etc). From want I know you will be lucky to get >3% yield. You need liquidity because when you get older, your unforeseen medical increase unless well cover by insurance.
Stocks can easily give you 5-8% yield and is liquid. But if you are a property person, then I rest my case.

cnud
06-11-12, 10:59
Ha! Ha! $1m property can get $4k rental return that about 5% yield(excluding maintenance, agent fees, tax, repair etc). From want I know you will be lucky to get >3% yield. You need liquidity because when you get older, your unforeseen medical increase unless well cover by insurance.
Stocks can easily give you 5-8% yield and is liquid. But if you are a property person, then I rest my case.

Another extreme case. Need one million for medical bills.:scared-4:

chestnut
06-11-12, 11:07

Can you please explain why property not liquid??? Up to now, this keeps popping up and I am so confused???
You mean cannot take standby equity loan???

Shanhz
06-11-12, 12:50
Can you please explain why property not liquid??? Up to now, this keeps popping up and I am so confused???
You mean cannot take standby equity loan???

if tomorrow you need money, you just sell your stocks. even when mkt down u still can sell.

property can meh? equity loan need time to approve. and not 100% sure can approve. and when mkt liquidity is dry, or ppty valuation drop, no bank will lend you money.

chestnut
06-11-12, 14:11
if tomorrow you need money, you just sell your stocks. even when mkt down u still can sell.

property can meh? equity loan need time to approve. and not 100% sure can approve. and when mkt liquidity is dry, or ppty valuation drop, no bank will lend you money.

If your house fully paid, cannot standby credit meh???

xis
06-11-12, 21:11

Hi Shanhz, Thanks! Great answer ... I will rest my case, since this is a property forum.

minority
07-11-12, 00:25
i will take my $ out of property now. not going to look good moving forward. Euqity or even overseas US.

heehee
07-11-12, 07:21
Not true lah. On average also 3% only. Stocks gain is also about capital gain like properties. Listed companies can go bankrupt, have fraud, cut dividends out of you control, etc, so stocks higher risk than properties for same yield. :ashamed1:

Zack45
07-11-12, 14:22
I am listening about a new term real estate funding what you say about that???