PDA

View Full Version : The singapore 70-90s

roly8
04-11-12, 19:59
i am lucky to live in kampung while i am still a little kid before govt force my family to move to HDB ..

The HDB is where i have been living around for nearly 30yr now.. :(

the soil, the hungry mosquito during the night, the well to collect water, the home grown vege & misc stuffs..
the spacious frontyard..

the noise of the insects when i sleep at night.. :( (those staying landed should still hear it during the night, i guess)

:ashamed1::ashamed1:

buttercarp
04-11-12, 20:23
I miss the old Bedok Interchange https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A63CWmbCcAA_RuF.jpg.

carbuncle
04-11-12, 20:47
When my cute pri sch classmate invited me to visit his new home in Tampines i said out loud omg this is like a desert.... Nothing around...

I remember also saying the same when i stopped by punggol en route to p ubin in mid 90s

buttercarp
04-11-12, 21:20
When my cute pri sch classmate invited me to visit his new home in Tampines i said out loud omg this is like a desert.... Nothing around...

I remember also saying the same when i stopped by punggol en route to p ubin in mid 90s

I remember Bus No 23 used to terminate along Tampines Ave 5 and beyond that was like you said, a desert.

zeamybro
04-11-12, 22:18
Who remember the very big "Knife Brand Cooking Oil" neon sign board on top of an old building at the circle of the present Nicoll highway - Mountbatten road - guillemard road junction?

And Nicoll highway has a middle carriage way which run in opposite direction in the morn and evening

seletar
04-11-12, 22:22
Seletar in the 70s is kampong living, at night can be very smelly from the nearby pig farms. Sometimes the smell is so bad that I had to close the windows to sleep. The roti prata in Jalan Kayu is addictive, every friday I would cycle there to ta-pao prata, mutton curry and chicken curry home.

I cycle a lot during those times, many weekends me and some friends will cycle around seletar camp to the dam divding lower seletar reservoir and the sea for fishing and camping overnight. That spot was also a lovers haunt. At night there will be cars parked facing the reservoir with lights off and couples doing hanky panky. Couples that came in motorbikes would do their hanky panky in the bushes or some more openly by the sea. We inadvertently see some free shows, unfortunately camera phones was not invented yet so cannot video...

zzz1
04-11-12, 22:22
i am lucky to live in kampung while i am still a little kid before govt force my family to move to HDB ..

The HDB is where i have been living around for nearly 30yr now.. :(

the soil, the hungry mosquito during the night, the well to collect water, the home grown vege & misc stuffs..
the spacious frontyard..

the noise of the insects when i sleep at night.. :( (those staying landed should still hear it during the night, i guess)

:ashamed1::ashamed1:
Yes, I missed these very much...
I stayed in palua teck Kong till mid 20s...
Taking well water , catch spider,look for duraain , hunt Wild bore..and lot lot ghost story...

zzz1
04-11-12, 22:27
I remember Bus No 23 used to terminate along Tampines Ave 5 and beyond that was like you said, a desert.
I remember bus now 2,travel along changi road and terminate at changi point or village...it did pass by old tampines road..there used to have a lot of fish pound....

buttercarp
04-11-12, 23:07
Who remember the very big "Knife Brand Cooking Oil" neon sign board on top of an old building at the circle of the present Nicoll highway - Mountbatten road - guillemard road junction?

And Nicoll highway has a middle carriage way which run in opposite direction in the morn and evening
Can't recall the oil.
But yes, now that you mentioned, I remember they will open n close some kind of gate to change the flow of traffic.
Also I vaguely remember that 4 people per car thingy n the carpool.

indomie
04-11-12, 23:17
Oh bus no. 23.... Orchard to tampines. I was 13 years old that time. First mrt was operational. The rows of hdb flat back then was indeed pioneers.

zeamybro
04-11-12, 23:29
Can't recall the oil.
But yes, now that you mentioned, I remember they will open n close some kind of gate to change the flow of traffic.
Also I vaguely remember that 4 people per car thingy n the carpool.

Yes, there would be a car stand along new upper Changi roads where drivers could pick up strangers just to add up to 4 pax per car to enter the CBD for free. And these ppl get to commute to work for free!

Whenever my dad wanted to enter the CBD to run some errands, he would get my mum, my bro and myself along .. And my mum would make us kids stand or kneel on the car seat so that we would be more 'visible' to the officer/inspector

radha08
05-11-12, 00:29

oh ya thats right...how time flies..:cool:

radha08
05-11-12, 00:30
Yes, there would be a car stand along new upper Changi roads where drivers could pick up strangers just to add up to 4 pax per car to enter the CBD for free. And these ppl get to commute to work for free!

Whenever my dad wanted to enter the CBD to run some errands, he would get my mum, my bro and myself along .. And my mum would make us kids stand or kneel on the car seat so that we would be more 'visible' to the officer/inspector

ha ha memories...early days of erp..:scared-4: ..now its $$$

sh
05-11-12, 02:26

And the hand-painted billboards that tells you what is showing in the cinemas in town....

radha08
05-11-12, 04:41
...now all that is gone and what do we have in its place...ERP COE COV HDB MRT...and the list goes on and on....for better or worse:confused:

CondoWE
05-11-12, 06:35
Miss my grand mom's attap house at the TeLok Kurau. Used to puck jumbu, play marble ball(gole) and bath with well water..:rolleyes: .

alamak
05-11-12, 07:02
OLd time have passed an I missed it a lot ...

I rememeber when I first moved to Toa Payoh in 70s, My parent HDB in Lorong 7 at top floor of 11th storey of 3 rmm flat .. I can see the current CBD sreas with ships and Oil tankers at South of Singapore (Marina Bay areas) _ , at Katong and East Coast area .. Now you see Ships .. and not forgetting fire crackers when we grace very first house warming .... hanging fire crackers from 11th storey down to 1st storey ... How I missed so much of the past ...

alamak
05-11-12, 07:11
ha ha memories...early days of erp..:scared-4: ..now its $$$

Area Licensing Scheme (ALS) in those days .. only true blue Singaporeans everywhere .. yeah now Cheng Hu only eye $$$$ ... more F Thrash more foreigners than natives ... My children will never understand How proud I was to be a singaporean once upon a time ...:confused:

chestnut
05-11-12, 07:17
Can u all remember the trishaws and the illegal merz taxi? And the famous duck store at McPherson/tai tong area. And my most memorable pasat malam every Friday nite.

alamak
05-11-12, 07:22
Can u all remember the trishaws and the illegal merz taxi? And the famous duck store at McPherson/tai tong area. And my most memorable pasat malam every Friday nite.

This old shop houses will also be dissappearing in next 6 months ... ahh .. yoy ..
For people with no pasts memories .. they will never understand the pains ..:scared-3:

irisng
05-11-12, 07:26
I can only remember my 1st house was a "long house" at Chin Swee Road, where everybody shared the same kitchen and toilet. Bus fares were only $0.05 at that time. Then later shifted to a rented 2 room HDB flat (about $30+ per month), started my Pr school education there and the canteen food was only $0.30 for a bowl of noodles.

alamak
05-11-12, 07:37
I can only remember my 1st house was a "long house" at Chin Swee Road, where everybody shared the same kitchen and toilet. Bus fares were only $0.05 at that time. Then later shifted to a rented 2 room HDB flat (about $30+ per month), started my Pr school education there and the canteen food was only $0.30 for a bowl of noodles.

Yeah bare memory too young then (2/3 years old) .. In those day the "long house" are are mostly attap houses with shared cooking areas .. My memory then was at the Kampong at Upper Paya Lebar Rd .. then I remember one day they erected a Iron gate at the Kampong entrance .. now I know it is due to racial conflict with malay at the peak of the the "confrontation" period with Indonesia then ...

indomie
05-11-12, 08:03
Now we grown up and become successfull tauke and landlord. In the old day, which secondary school in the 80s you attended?. Myself Broadrick secondary, at dunman road. Not a famous school, but give good education.

zeamybro
05-11-12, 08:11
Now we grown up and become successfull tauke and landlord. In the old day, which secondary school in the 80s you attended?. Myself Broadrick secondary, at dunman road. Not a famous school, but give good education.

Broadrick with the white and green stripes shirt? Haha think now the compound becomes Northlight Sec Sch

indomie
05-11-12, 08:18
Broadrick with the white and green stripes shirt? Haha think now the compound becomes Northlight Sec Sch
Yes, the uniform wasn't the most attractive in singapore, most of the time we feel inferior to surrounded top schools. But we got the hottest ah lien.... Who is laughing now?

carbuncle
05-11-12, 08:55
Yes, the uniform wasn't the most attractive in singapore, most of the time we feel inferior to surrounded top schools. But we got the hottest ah lien.... Who is laughing now?

Me from Dunman High (NOT Secondary).... Eat ur heart out chao broadrick ah beng!!!! :D

(while i secretly lusted after tight broadrick ah beng white see thru pants.... Errr... Or was that chung cheng)

DMCK
05-11-12, 09:00
my most memorable were i watched the movie Saturday Night Fever somewhere around Geylang nor Guillemard rd and the wrestling show at 大世界

zeamybro
05-11-12, 09:11
Me from Dunman High (NOT Secondary).... Eat ur heart out chao broadrick ah beng!!!! :D

(while i secretly lusted after tight broadrick ah beng white see thru pants.... Errr... Or was that chung cheng)

ChungCheng only has white shorts then, other schs in the vicinity with white pants include St Pats and Tk Tech. TKGS in green pinafore, KC gals in blue pinafore. Dunman sec was brown right? Can't recall much of Maju's uniform.

roly8
05-11-12, 09:12
my most memorable were i watched the movie Saturday Night Fever somewhere around Geylang nor Guillemard rd and the wrestling show at 大世界
WA.. uncle, you are quite old now ,right? :p

me never seen any of what our other members mentioned before :beats-me-man::beats-me-man:

carbuncle
05-11-12, 09:18
ChungCheng only has white shorts then, other schs in the vicinity with white pants include St Pats and Tk Tech. TKGS in green pinafore, KC gals in blue pinafore. Dunman sec was brown right? Can't recall much of Maju's uniform.

Dunman sec was brown alrite... Light brown with dark brown..

Maju was white top green bottom...

DMCK
05-11-12, 09:28
WA.. uncle, you are quite old now ,right? :p

me never seen any of what our other members mentioned before :beats-me-man::beats-me-man:

hahaaa...in my early 40s!:cool-punk-headbange

radha08
05-11-12, 09:40

johnson duck...yummy...:cheers5:

radha08
05-11-12, 09:45
me siglap secondary the original wan..KNS all those blady years of study instead should have just started working and buy one of the landed properties around it...:banghead::banghead::banghead:..then now Ho sai liao..:(

last time after school i remember always used to have malay and chinese gang fight...:scared-3:...lucky i Indian...:D...sometimes used to fight at the OLPS Christian church talk about multi racial society..:D:D:D

chestnut
05-11-12, 09:48
johnson duck...yummy...:cheers5:

Bro, Johnson duck was later years. Last time got yummy roadside duck somewhere in the old market. That one to die for.

I also remember the laksa man riding on something like tricycle. Wa Lao, the laska was superb.... Now my saliva drooling down....

radha08
05-11-12, 09:52
Bro, Johnson duck was later years. Last time got yummy roadside duck somewhere in the old market. That one to die for.

I also remember the laksa man riding on something like tricycle. Wa Lao, the laska was superb.... Now my saliva drooling down....

oh sorry huh actually i prefer chicken just remember passing by and seeing this huge sign saying johnson duck....:spliff:

radha08
05-11-12, 09:58
Area Licensing Scheme (ALS) in those days .. only true blue Singaporeans everywhere .. yeah now Cheng Hu only eye $$$$ ... more F Thrash more foreigners than natives ... My children will never understand How proud I was to be a singaporean once upon a time ...:confused:

strangely sometimes i feel like that...nowadays u take stone and throw on the street chances are u will hit someone who is NOT born in singapore...:(

indomie
05-11-12, 09:59

Those are PAP

seletar
05-11-12, 10:02

Frankly, I regretted going to an all boys school, no chio ah lians in school to see...

radha08
05-11-12, 10:05
Frankly, I regretted going to an all boys school, no chio ah lians in school to see...

some Bros here LOVE all BOYS...:D:D:D:D

seletar
05-11-12, 10:11

Nowadays, many angmo and foreign families living in my neighbourhood, sometimes it feels like I'm living in another country, very different from the past.

seletar
05-11-12, 10:16
some Bros here LOVE all BOYS...:D:D:D:D

Paiseh, not me. But fortunately taking SBS bus, can get to see some pretty girls from other schools, even manage to make friends with one...

indomie
05-11-12, 10:50
Paiseh, not me. But fortunately taking SBS bus, can get to see some pretty girls from other schools, even manage to make friends with one...
You haven't live your life to the fullest, not before 2 ah liens fought over you. Safe to say, I have lived mine. Time to time I still manage to dusk my old collection of love letters, friendship wrist bands, love songs cassette they gave me. But memory is best left as that. I don't intent to spoil it by meeting a 40 years old no longer skinny woman.

chestnut
05-11-12, 10:51
Nowadays, many angmo and foreign families living in my neighbourhood, sometimes it feels like I'm living in another country, very different from the past.

Bro, like that shiok leh. You step out of your house, go swimming pool, machiam like holiday. No need to take plane and save on hotel room.

irisng
05-11-12, 22:03
Yeah bare memory too young then (2/3 years old) .. In those day the "long house" are are mostly attap houses with shared cooking areas .. My memory then was at the Kampong at Upper Paya Lebar Rd .. then I remember one day they erected a Iron gate at the Kampong entrance .. now I know it is due to racial conflict with malay at the peak of the the "confrontation" period with Indonesia then ...

I had a vague memory too. I think I was about 3-4 yrs old at that time. I can only remember we were all standing behind our locked gate looking at the policemen outside. I didn't know what was that at that time, now think about it, it could be curfew.

Laguna
05-11-12, 22:10
I remembered the days when Sg went independent. Those days were so scary. My parents stocked up 2 bags of 100kg rice.

I remembered I attended with my auntie, many rallies, and I did not know what was going on. I was so young then.

I remembered two big fires near to my house, I only hold tight my school bag and nothing else.

I remembered the Govt had compulsory acquired the land of my lovely house, twice.

I remembered the kampong life, the duck farm, cocordile farm, fish farm owned by my friends.

irisng
05-11-12, 22:12

I missed the traditional type of prawn noodles and laksa (with lots of dried prawns), hardly find this type of taste anymore. Mine was a woman on a tricycle with traditional pot (looks something like the shape of the funnel). Those were the days.

chestnut
06-11-12, 03:50
I missed the traditional type of prawn noodles and laksa (with lots of dried prawns), hardly find this type of taste anymore. Mine was a woman on a tricycle with traditional pot (looks something like the shape of the funnel). Those were the days.

Sis, I read your post and my mouth started to salivate again. Serious - no joke.

:D :D

chestnut
06-11-12, 03:52
And my favorite dessert is Ice Ball.

roly8
06-11-12, 06:21

yea..

the traditional one still the best :banghead:

irisng
06-11-12, 07:06
yea..

the traditional one still the best :banghead:

I remember there was an auntie who carried a basket of fishball walking from level to level selling her fishball almost everyday. I love her fishball, so everytime when I saw her, I would buy a lot from her and put lots of chilli. Couldn't find this type of fishball and chilli taste anymore, really miss it so much.

Still remember, my brother used to bring me to Great World City to watch movies, $0.50 for 2 shows. Sometimes, we bought only 1 ticket and shared the chair.:D

Roly81, thanks for starting this thread, it brings back lots of our memory.:cheers4:

price
06-11-12, 07:30
i remember watching pokemon and power rangers.

roly8
06-11-12, 07:31
I remember there was an auntie who carried a basket of fishball walking from level to level selling her fishball almost everyday. I love her fishball, so everytime when I saw her, I would buy a lot from her and put lots of chilli. Couldn't find this type of fishball and chilli taste anymore, really miss it so much.

Still remember, my brother used to bring me to Great World City to watch movies, $0.50 for 2 shows. Sometimes, we bought only 1 ticket and shared the chair.:D

Roly81, thanks for starting this thread, it brings back lots of our memory.:cheers4:

me is roly82 :cheers5:

indomie
06-11-12, 07:45
i remember watching pokemon and power rangers.
U are still young

irisng
06-11-12, 07:50
me is roly82 :cheers5:

Oh, sorry, either miss out 1 or with additional 1 point, Roly8:o . You are born in 1982?

price
06-11-12, 07:51
U are still young
okay property wise, i remember watching Tiong Bahru Plaza being built! :D

chestnut
06-11-12, 07:59
Hey remember the wan ton at national library. Shiok right. She is now at Far East square. Near PWC building. Damn shiok.

fclim
06-11-12, 08:03
The mid to late 70s to me is the golden era of Singapore. Everything seems so "nice" at that time..not crowded, no stress..

Even the Malaysia Cup..with the likes of Dollah Kassim, Quah Kim Song, Samad Alapitchay.. I used to be glued to the radio for the live broadcast before they had live telecast. There is just so much of the Singapore spirit in them.

Nowadays, Malaysia Cup got live telecast also dun want to watch.

roly8
06-11-12, 08:09
Oh, sorry, either miss out 1 or with additional 1 point, Roly8:o . You are born in 1982?
maybe :rolleyes:

The mid to late 70s to me is the golden era of Singapore. Everything seems so "nice" at that time..not crowded, no stress..

Even the Malaysia Cup..with the likes of Dollah Kassim, Quah Kim Song, Samad Alapitchay.. I used to be glued to the radio for the live broadcast before they had live telecast. There is just so much of the Singapore spirit in them.

Nowadays, Malaysia Cup got live telecast also dun want to watch.
same same..never bother to follow despite the newspaper trying to 'interest' us with a few 'exciting' headlines :tongue3:

back then, i will always catch the final of singapore vs who ever in malaysia cup on TV ..
so exciting!

now, that kind of singapore feeling is gone :(

zeamybro
06-11-12, 08:39

I remember there was this auntie (whom we called "ah soh") who would walk from door to door carrying a very huge rattan basket selling selling raw eggs. As a kid of around 3-4yr old, I would be v excited whenever she came. There was once I was too excited that i dropped the entire basket of eggs while helping my mum to carry them to the kitchen. A number of eggs cracked and i cried.

I also remember attending the Yamaha Music Sch at Marine Parade and witnessed the construction of Parkway Parade. Prior to that, the empty land even housed a grand scale Circus once.

Anybody remembers the very popular Yokoso at Tanjong Katong Shopping Complex?

chestnut
06-11-12, 08:48
Anyone remember when you threw away your waste food into a container and every week or so, someone will come to collect the container so that can feed to the pigs. Then come CNY, this person will give red eggs, etc... for all your efforts?

I also remember the 6 mile serangoon road market where if you need to bomb, you have to cover your nose because of the pile of sh*t in the toilet?

And 3 rd mile Serangoon Sin Leong restaurant, famous for wedding dinners?

Wah, those were the days.

And my best was the spider - we call 1st king, 2nd king, kang/bu.

fclim
06-11-12, 09:05
Anyone remember when you threw away your waste food into a container and every week or so, someone will come to collect the container so that can feed to the pigs. Then come CNY, this person will give red eggs, etc... for all your efforts?

Yes yes. I lived near the Potong Pasir area. It was farmland once and the farmer used to come by every two days or so. He would say "gia pun" in hokkien and we would give him our food waste. Before CNY, he would give us a whole tray of eggs...

The great flood of 1977 destroyed everything....:(

chestnut
06-11-12, 09:10
Yes yes. I lived near the Potong Pasir area. It was farmland once and the farmer used to come by every two days or so. He would say "gia pun" in hokkien and we would give him our food waste. Before CNY, he would give us a whole tray of eggs...

The great flood of 1977 destroyed everything....:(

Hey, I stayed there u know. Opposite Sin Leong restaurant. I didnt go St Andrews because its a christian school. My parents were against that.

You know I saw one man chasing another man with a parang in the early days. So freaky.... The one kanna chased, dropped his slipper, turned around and wanted to pick it up, saw the parang and quickly turned and ran away.

irisng
06-11-12, 12:34

Ya, I remember, we called it "pun tang" (in hokkien) but I can't remember there were eggs given to us, maybe my mother collected it. Last time we eat the pig (pig eat leftover food), never heard so much sickness, but now everything so hygiene, and yet we have so many different type of sickness.

carbuncle
06-11-12, 13:47
I remember there was this auntie (whom we called "ah soh") who would walk from door to door carrying a very huge rattan basket selling selling raw eggs. As a kid of around 3-4yr old, I would be v excited whenever she came. There was once I was too excited that i dropped the entire basket of eggs while helping my mum to carry them to the kitchen. A number of eggs cracked and i cried.

I also remember attending the Yamaha Music Sch at Marine Parade and witnessed the construction of Parkway Parade. Prior to that, the empty land even housed a grand scale Circus once.

Anybody remembers the very popular Yokoso at Tanjong Katong Shopping Complex?

I remember. Also the 2nd chance. I had weekly lessons at CAL at Parkway Builders, and my favorite haunt was the Toys R Us at the Yamaha Music Sch there. Other than that, i seldom get to see anywhere else as my parents were both working and rarely brought us out anywhere. :-(

buttercarp
06-11-12, 13:53
I remember. Also the 2nd chance. I had weekly lessons at CAL at Parkway Builders, and my favorite haunt was the Toys R Us at the Yamaha Music Sch there. Other than that, i seldom get to see anywhere else as my parents were both working and rarely brought us out anywhere. :-(

I vaguely remember there was a MPH even before the ToysRUs started, right?
I remember sitting there and reading Nancy Drew and Dana Girls while my mother shopped.

Also had fond memories of the old Marine Parade Library which was at the present NTUC supermarket site.

And also the ikea katong and the seaview hotel ................

Laguna
06-11-12, 13:57
There was once, Metro there...

The Seaview : there was the hotel, Yaohan, cold storage....
Amber Road area : all kampong houses..

buttercarp
06-11-12, 14:01
There was once, Metro there...

The Seaview : there was the hotel, Yaohan, cold storage....
Amber Road area : all kampong houses..

Oh, Metro, I can't recall that.
So probably that's where my mom shopped while I read in MPH.

zeamybro
06-11-12, 14:03

Talking abt Toys R Us, I regretted wasting much of my mum's precious $$$ buying many of the MASK and Transformer toys.

2nd Chance was doing so well then until the press go and interview the boss and piciak the lobang... Most ppl then had the impression that it was an ang moh brand (with ang mo kids model), but disappointed to find out later that its actually a local brand. Think the retail business started to decline rapidly thereafter

buttercarp
06-11-12, 14:05
Hmmmm......
Just noticed that in this thread, the easterners seem to hold fond memories of their past.

carbuncle
06-11-12, 14:05
Talking abt Toys R Us, I regretted wasting much of my mum's precious $$$ buying many of the MASK and Transformer toys.

2nd Chance was doing so well then until the press go and interview the boss and piciak the lobang... Most ppl then had the impression that it was an ang moh brand (with ang mo kids model), but disappointed to find out later that its actually a local brand. Think the retail business started to decline rapidly thereafter

I loved collecting a lot of the MASK!!!! still have some lol

zeamybro
06-11-12, 14:06
I vaguely remember there was a MPH even before the ToysRUs started, right?
I remember sitting there and reading Nancy Drew and Dana Girls while my mother shopped.

Also had fond memories of the old Marine Parade Library which was at the present NTUC supermarket site.

And also the ikea katong and the seaview hotel ................

Ya i vaguely remember Ikea was on 2nd floor while Yaohan was on the ground floor, right?

NTUC was occupying the row of shops opposite the library, before it shifted to the library building itself.

carbuncle
06-11-12, 14:07
Hmmmm......
Just noticed that in this thread, the easterners seem to hold fond memories of their past.

HOW CAN YOU BEAR TO LEAVE US FOR THE WEST!!!

buttercarp
06-11-12, 14:12
HOW CAN YOU BEAR TO LEAVE US FOR THE WEST!!!

I will miss the east :( .

zeamybro
06-11-12, 14:18

^5! I also keep some of mine .. . based on memory, these are the ones i had:

- Thunderhawk (red car - seems like every boys will own one)
- Rhino (red truck)
- Raven (black car)
- Gator (orange jeep with a boat)
- Switchblade (blue plane/helicopter)
- Vampire (red bike)
- Jackhammer (black jeep)
- Vampire (red bike)
- Piranha (purple trike)
- Hurricane (blue car)
- Firefly (orange racing car)

I also remember that i always wanted to buy the Boulder Hill (their base station) but my mum refused becos it cost around $100++ in the 80s. When my mum finally agreed, the item was out of stock at the MP Toys' R Us. Strangely shortly after that, I lost interest in MASK already and moved on to computer games (IBM XT), playing games like PacMan, Alley Cat, Digger ... LOL

zeamybro
06-11-12, 14:19
I will miss the east :( .

Buy another landed in the east la.... and sell away yr other ppties... east is so nice i think i am going to stay here for good.

carbuncle
06-11-12, 14:32
why are you so similar to me??? were you subsequently into bbs also? my favorites were Hyperlink, Multimedia GS and the Usenet groups, started with 1200bps, then upgraded to 2400bps then 19.2kbps.... then 57.6bps

I even know a few of the sysops personally as friends or classmates.

Click here: http://pachome1.pacific.net.sg/~zephyh/news.htm
for Singapore BBS Listings in the 90's
Fidonet Source nodelist day 292, Friday, October 19, 2001
Net 600: SINGAPORE Net, SINGAPORE
65-2410418 , NC: Wing Lee @ 6:600/0
6:600/2: Tech Exch SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE
65-2410418 , Sysop: Wing Lee
6:600/21: Artist On-line, SINGAPORE
65-4561100 , Sysop: Anthony Chin
6:600/60: Zeus Microware, SINGAPORE
65-4423800 , Sysop: Ivan Shim
6:600/73: Excalibur ONE, SINGAPORE
65-2867508 , Sysop: Tony Wong
6:600/74: SMS-1, SINGAPORE
65-4495956 , Sysop: Teo SoonBock
6:600/76: The Calling Center, SINGAPORE
65-2788651 , Sysop: Kuah Woon Hua
6:600/78: ShareWare Information System, SINGAPORE
65-4727197 , Sysop: Foo Kelvin
6:600/79: Excalibur III, SINGAPORE
65-2860403 , Sysop: Tony Wong
6:600/81: ShareWare Information System ][, SINGAPORE
65-4727436 , Sysop: Jeffery Foo
6:600/84: CRC BBS, SINGAPORE
65-5848025 , Sysop: Lee Choon Song
6:600/200: Singapore Hub 200, SINGAPORE
65-4811345 , Sysop: Lai Zit Seng
6:600/201: The Controversy, SINGAPORE
65-5606040 , Sysop: Benjamin T P Tan
6:600/202: Singapore Computer Society, SINGAPORE
65-7753845 , Sysop: Benjamin T P Tan
6:600/203: Andromeda Node 1, SINGAPORE
65-7449049 , Sysop: Tan Wei Leong
6:600/204: Image BBS, SINGAPORE
65-4423137 , Sysop: Kelvin Lee
6:600/205: Data Professionals, SINGAPORE
65-5810485 , Sysop: Hong Jieqing
6:600/207: Free Of Charge BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2661716 , Sysop: Johnathan Koh
6:600/208: Hybrid City, SINGAPORE
65-5652557 , Sysop: Kenneth Sim
6:600/209: Modemmers Paradise's BBS, SINGAPORE
65-4495490 , Sysop: Vincent Lim
6:600/210: Depeche Megalopolis BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2974642 , Sysop: Wang Yumin
6:600/212: Agape BBS, SINGAPORE
65-4625272 , Sysop: Joseph Gan
6:600/213: Interactive BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2574375 , Sysop: Alvin Wee
6:600/214: Utility City BBS, SINGAPORE
65-5661036 , Sysop: Vincent Cheng
6:600/215: Dejavu BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2922298 , Sysop: Liu Weixiong
6:600/216: TeraByte/2 Systems Node 2, SINGAPORE
65-5677462 , Sysop: Jiang Dawei
6:600/217: TeraByte/2 Systems Node 1, SINGAPORE
65-5696483 , Sysop: Jiang Dawei
6:600/218: Planet/2, SINGAPORE
65-7648860 , Sysop: Byron Huang
6:600/219: The Vax Connection, SINGAPORE
65-2578971 , Sysop: Lee How Wang
6:600/220: Open Connection, SINGAPORE
65-4811345 , Sysop: Lai Zit Seng
6:600/221: Buster City II, SINGAPORE
65-5827590 , Sysop: Gary Chua
6:600/223: Holiday Communication MC, SINGAPORE
65-3483867 , Sysop: Patrick Lye
6:600/224: Artificial Intelligence, SINGAPORE
65-4677165 , Sysop: John Lim
6:600/226: Channels : Oh NO!!, SINGAPORE
65-4666495 , Sysop: Aaron Cheng
6:600/227: The True Oasis BBS, SINGAPORE
65-4692972 , Sysop: Francis Ong
6:600/228: C'ZEST 1, SINGAPORE
65-4550156 , Sysop: Chua Welic
6:600/229: InfoDataXchange BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2569986 , Sysop: Terence Wong
6:600/230: TiX, SINGAPORE
65-4734443 , Sysop: Teo Boon Keng Alvin
6:600/231: The Bobcat BBS System, SINGAPORE
65-7382509 , Sysop: Chan YK
6:600/233: Illusion Academy, SINGAPORE
65-4424778 , Sysop: Chia Han Sin
6:600/234: The eXtreme BBS, SINGAPORE
65-7428832 , Sysop: Jack Leong
6:600/235: Xanadu Pleasure Dome, SINGAPORE
65-2766745 , Sysop: Edward Choh
6:600/237: Info Gateway BBS, SINGAPORE
65-4663326 , Sysop: Yeo Thiam Soon
6:600/239: Andromeda Node 2, SINGAPORE
65-7442564 , Sysop: Tan Wei Leong
6:600/240: DYTCOM BBS, SINGAPORE
65-7747816 , Sysop: Tan Kian Heng
6:600/241: Superdata BBS, SINGAPORE
65-4427246 , Sysop: Japinder Singh
6:600/242: QEM BBS, SINGAPORE
65-7640645 , Sysop: Francis Ong
6:600/243: Trimax Link, SINGAPORE
65-4401867 , Sysop: Fred Khoo
6:600/246: Diamond Graphics BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2616761 , Sysop: Max Sim
6:600/247: NITS BBS, SINGAPORE
65-7457267 , Sysop: Wong Qc
6:600/248: Aries BBS, SINGAPORE
65-7553844 , Sysop: Eswaran J
6:600/249: C'ZEST 2, SINGAPORE
65-4551406 , Sysop: Chua Welic
6:600/252: (PVT) Non-CM Mail Only Node, SINGAPORE
65-4473031 , Sysop: Edwin Teh
6:600/253: Tetrahedron BBS, SINGAPORE
65-4819349 , Sysop: Dominic Goh
6:600/254: Digi X OnLine, SINGAPORE
65-5534655 , Sysop: Nicholas Tang
6:600/257: jAZZy PuB, SINGAPORE
65-8412879 , Sysop: Ritchie Wong
6:600/400: Singapore Hub 400, SINGAPORE
65-3623413 , Sysop: Kelvin Goh
6:600/401: The HOST Connection, SINGAPORE
65-3623413 , Sysop: Kelvin Goh
6:600/404: The Award Winning BBS, SINGAPORE
65-7772509 , Sysop: Exodus Ho
6:600/405: PEACE, SINGAPORE
65-2783734 , Sysop: Edward Han
6:600/408: MultiMedia GS, SINGAPORE
65-2521220 , Sysop: Lee Teck Chee
6:600/410: The Dialing House BBS, SINGAPORE
65-3823278 , Sysop: Yong Seng
6:600/413: PSYCHEnet, SINGAPORE
65-2431293 , Sysop: Charles Ang
6:600/415: Tachyon BBS, SINGAPORE
65-7752448 , Sysop: Bernard Ng
6:600/600: Singapore Hub 600, SINGAPORE
65-581-7024 , Sysop: Teo Chee Kian
6:600/601: Interact BBS Node 1 , SINGAPORE
65-581-7024 , Sysop: Teo Chee Kian
6:600/602: Interact BBS Node 2 , SINGAPORE
65-581-7026 , Sysop: Teo Chee Kian
6:600/603: Bobbylink BBS, SINGAPORE
65-254-5076 , Sysop: Bob Kuah
6:600/604: Bobbylink BBS, SINGAPORE
65-254-5076 , Sysop: Bob Kuah
6:600/605: PowerNET! BBS, SINGAPORE
65-569-5578 , Sysop: Chong Kim Thong
6:600/607: The Clavis Concourse, SINGAPORE
65-444-2376 , Sysop: Jwu-Jiun Tan
6:600/608: C ECHO, SINGAPORE
65-455-0156 , Sysop: Chua Welic
6:600/615: The TrYst, SINGAPORE
65-356-2958 , Sysop: Betty CSL
6:600/616: Anti Virus Support Centre, SINGAPORE
65-581-7029 , Sysop: Eddie C.K. Teo
6:600/617: Silhouette Online, SINGAPORE
65-382-9905 , Sysop: Lin Daoqi
6:600/619: East Payoh BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2580680 , Sysop: Gerald Tan
6:600/621: Blue Horizon BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2582831 , Sysop: Brenda Humphries
6:600/624: Line eXchange BBS, SINGAPORE
65-352-4658 , Sysop: Lewis Yeo
6:600/626: Temptation BBS, Singapore
65-483-2377 , Sysop: Wilson Goh
6:600/627: Dynamite Bros/2, SINGAPORE
65-773-3962 , Sysop: Janson Kang
6:600/630: FACES BBS, SINGAPORE
65-449-6897 , Sysop: David Kong
6:600/632: Gryphon's Lair BBS, SINGAPORE
65-468-1241 , Sysop: Mark Sin
6:600/633: Le ExPress BBS, SINGAPORE
65-769-6254 , Sysop: Vincent Tay
6:600/636: The eXTop BBs, SINGAPORE
65-344-9456 , Sysop: Wang Qinghui
6:600/639: Computech II BBS, SINGAPORE
65-261-5051 , Sysop: Wei Lieh
6:600/641: Cut N Paste, SINGAPORE
65-759-2994 , Sysop: Osman N.M
6:600/643: KELVIN'S DEN BBS, SINGAPORE
65-459-7219 , Sysop: Kelvin Tan
6:600/646: Meteoroid BBS Node 1, SINGAPORE
65-561-3271 , Sysop: Simon Yap
6:600/647: Meteoroid BBS Node 2, SINGAPORE
65-561-0397 , Sysop: Simon Yap
6:600/648: Meteoroid BBS Node 3, SINGAPORE
65-560-1435 , Sysop: Simon Yap
6:600/655: Dynamite Bros Node 2, SINGAPORE
65-774-8830 , Sysop: Janson Kang
6:600/659: Flying Bananas BBS, SINGAPORE
65-788-0943 , Sysop: He Xianyong
6:600/664: Zero X-Ccess BBS, SINGAPORE
65-552-5325 , Sysop: Goh Guan Kiat
6:600/672: Rendezvous, SINGAPORE
65-275-2579 , Sysop: Ho Wai Hoe
6:600/674: Picture House BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2819550 , Sysop: Mark Ng
6:600/700: Singapore Hub 700, SINGAPORE
65-4552157 , Sysop: Kaven Yeo
6:600/701: SpaceCamp BBS, SINGAPORE
65-4552157 , Sysop: Kaven Yeo
6:600/707: Bytes Exchange BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2830947 , Sysop: Sunny Koh
6:600/709: Information Server Online BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2708066 , Sysop: Tralvex Yeap
6:600/711: The Playground BBS, SINGAPORE
65-5523541 , Sysop: Willis Ho
6:600/713: ACT BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2892209 , Sysop: Alakappan Chinniah
6:600/724: Onyx BBS, SINGAPORE
65-7540219 , Sysop: Aaron Wong
6:600/728: Times BBS, SINGAPORE
65-7534088 , Sysop: Liang Zhiwei
6:600/800: Singapore Hub 800, Singapore
65-3859338 , Sysop: Casey Tan
6:600/801: The Agency Computer Club #1, Singapore
65-3859338 , Sysop: Casey Tan
6:600/802: The Agency Computer Club #2, Singapore
65-3851070 , Sysop: Casey Tan
6:600/808: Fire/-/ouse CBCS #1, SINGAPORE
65-5522248 , Sysop: Vincent Oh
6:600/809: Fire/-/ouse CBCS #2, SINGAPORE
65-5522249 , Sysop: Vincent Oh
6:600/812: Joy BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2428473 , Sysop: Kou Tin Lur
6:600/813: Chaos Land BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2564235 , Sysop: Kenneth Yuen
6:600/814: AKAStudio Delta, SINGAPORE
65-3875268 , Sysop: Tan Kian Chuan
6:600/815: Panorama BBS, SINGAPORE
65-4592891 , Sysop: Ken Tan Kah Thye
6:600/816: Computer Fanatics BBS, SINGAPORE
65-2431493 , Sysop: Collin Ng

azeoprop
06-11-12, 14:35

My Treasure Trove... :D

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8482/8160386659_3c58871a4b_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/8160386659/)
IMG_1124 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/8160386659/) by AzeoP (http://www.flickr.com/people/83477613@N08/), on Flickr

carbuncle
06-11-12, 14:37
I wanna come your house and play with yours!!!!

spyro
06-11-12, 14:56
Wow! Lots of toys! I can only looked on when other kids played with their new toys then. Some generous one will share share.. My toys were the outdoor nature, catch spider, long kang fish, birds, lizards, marbles, fly kite etc. Those were fun times!!:)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8482/8160386659_3c58871a4b_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/8160386659/)
IMG_1124 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/8160386659/) by AzeoP (http://www.flickr.com/people/83477613@N08/), on Flickr

cnud
06-11-12, 15:15

This picture cracked me up!! LOL in office!!:doh:

zeamybro
06-11-12, 15:32
why are you so similar to me??? were you subsequently into bbs also? my favorites were Hyperlink, Multimedia GS and the Usenet groups, started with 1200bps, then upgraded to 2400bps then 19.2kbps.... then 57.6bps

I even know a few of the sysops personally as friends or classmates.

Bro .. my name not found amongst the list, haha.. and NO la, i wasnt into bbs... a bit too advanced and cheem for my age then. After my kiddish computer games, i moved on to focus on swimming for a few yrs before getting back to the computer with the emergence of the internet. Started with MIRC, then ICQ, then MSN..

roly8
06-11-12, 17:23

me play abit of BBS only...

then move onto my 28.8kb modem > 56k > 128kb magix ...

connect with friends via modem to play starcraft..:o

carbuncle
07-11-12, 10:22
My stash

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/150573_10152228306520244_714064967_n.jpg

And my fave character

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/255/9/7/bruce_sato_code_name__rhino_by_guyverunit05-d2ymmon.png

carbuncle
07-11-12, 10:50
Going gaga watching the cartoons on youtube now gagagaga mama gugu ga

azeoprop
07-11-12, 11:28
Waaa...your mask toys like very well maintained. :D Can sell 10k per item next time haa ha ahaa.. :rolleyes:

zeamybro
07-11-12, 11:54
http://i49.tinypic.com/2mrgy6a.jpg

I paiseh to showcase my MASK toys cos I din maintain them. Managed to dig out the Hurricane which was one of my fave, more in my storeroom.

I do have some Mercedes models in the background which belong to the 70-90s era

carbuncle
07-11-12, 13:08
you and your Mercedes....

when I was young, I kept thinking the logo looks like the pattern on my dad nipples... lol

from your hands I can see they are fleshy and meaty - e sign of good fortune according to palmistry

carbuncle
07-11-12, 14:43
No wonder i loved MASK. The male lead Matt Trakker and his buddy Bruce Sato always in such good shape and have many scenes together... Definitely homo undertones abound.

Laguna
07-11-12, 16:43
One thing, all have in common is Kodak Film

zeamybro
07-11-12, 16:59
No wonder i loved MASK. The male lead Matt Trakker and his buddy Bruce Sato always in such good shape and have many scenes together... Definitely homo undertones abound.

I was so crazy over Gloria Baker's Shark and Vanessa Warfield's Manta (because they are cars).... but somehow for duno wat reasons I didnt get to own either ...

http://i45.tinypic.com/f2vggg.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-24TTa3g7gyM/TlE4QD8p9oI/AAAAAAAAAzM/NwrHjsJ1nl0/s1600/06-08-2011%2B14-34-22_0033%2B%255BDesktop%2BResolution%255D.JPG

azeoprop
07-11-12, 17:42
http://youtu.be/CoLEjY2rCdY

This is one toy I liked so much but never get to have it. Still remember seeing it at emporium last time.

:ashamed1:

roly8
07-11-12, 17:43
how come this thread become old car thread? lol :D:D:D:D:D

no other old things to showcase meh? :p

carbuncle
07-11-12, 18:48
old bird have but dont think its appropriate here

buttercarp
07-11-12, 19:51
My first camera.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7GXfi8CMAA3Wgq.jpg

cavaliver
07-11-12, 19:56
Anyone remembers playing "zero points" ?

buttercarp
07-11-12, 19:59
Anyone remembers playing "zero points" ?

Yup, the rubber bands we used to make the rope.
Played like crazy during recess until so sweaty.
Once the teacher confiscated it, cos some of us did some dangerous stunts with it.

zeamybro
07-11-12, 20:19
Some McDonalds toys in the 80s ...

http://i48.tinypic.com/152yuds.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/do8ns9.jpg

auroraborealis
07-11-12, 22:10
Wah bro, u really keep all the toys in good condition. Got any HE-MAN?

Some McDonalds toys in the 80s ...

http://i48.tinypic.com/152yuds.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/do8ns9.jpg

zeamybro
08-11-12, 07:58
Wah bro, u really keep all the toys in good condition. Got any HE-MAN?

Actually I didnt really keep them and have long forgotten about them. They kinda 'resurfaced' after my mum dug them out recently and let the kids at home play. Talk abt recycling toys and passing them down from generations to generations ....

HE-MAN i dont have... I only have M.A.S.K and Transformers ...and of cos lots of toy car models.

carbuncle
08-11-12, 08:33
Actually I didnt really keep them and have long forgotten about them. They kinda 'resurfaced' after my mum dug them out recently and let the kids at home play. Talk abt recycling toys and passing them down from generations to generations ....

HE-MAN i dont have... I only have M.A.S.K and Transformers ...and of cos lots of toy car models.

I used to buy a lot of those diecast Tomy cars.... My fave was a Merc SL45

buttercarp
08-11-12, 08:51
I have alot of pokemons.

zeamybro
08-11-12, 09:03
I used to buy a lot of those diecast Tomy cars.... My fave was a Merc SL45

Wah carbuncle apart from M.A.S.K, you are also into toy cars....

I guess it breaks away from the stereotype that 'non-straight' guys were into barbie dolls and soft toys... but then, i see young gals playing toy-guns shooting around at the nurseries these days :scared-5:

carbuncle
08-11-12, 12:15
hello. I was secretly in love with the top girl in class in primary 6 ok.

buttercarp
08-11-12, 13:08
hello. I was secretly in love with the top girl in class in primary 6 ok.

How come not in love with the top boy?
At that time different, izzit?

irisng
15-11-12, 20:24
Channel 5 is now showing the the lives of 1960s.

zeamybro
24-11-12, 11:36
Carbuncle... See what I found just now in my drawers when I was doing my mini spring cleaning?

Remember I took yrs trying to complete the poster but somehow just couldn't find the Hondo Maclean sticker ....

http://i45.tinypic.com/svmihe.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/33nw8ih.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/34zg9hz.jpg

carbuncle
24-11-12, 11:49
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMG OMV OMG OMG OMG

i have exactly the same!!!!!!!

had. dunno go where liao cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

roly8
24-11-12, 12:04
OMG!
mask come before transformer??

me never watch mask before .. :o

Carbuncle... See what I found just now in my drawers when I was doing my mini spring cleaning?

Remember I took yrs trying to complete the poster but somehow just couldn't find the Hondo Maclean sticker ....

http://i45.tinypic.com/svmihe.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/33nw8ih.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/34zg9hz.jpg

zeamybro
24-11-12, 12:10
OMG!
mask come before transformer??

me never watch mask before .. :o

Roly boy, I think transformer came slightly later only, shld have quite a fair bit of overlap in terms of popularity cos I was crazy over both at the same time. The Centurion was even earlier before MASK, while Starcom came after transformer.

If I m not mistaken, transformer had 2 versions. The earlier one was the US version while latter is Japanese, from which I started to lose my interest in them.

zeamybro
24-11-12, 12:51
Anybody remember this? I was just a toddler then, but somehow remember the tunes and deedeedee lyrics

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YEFoBCZH1HE

carbuncle
24-11-12, 13:50
i rembr the deedee.... think they copy r2dee2 lol

centurions i also have a few figurines... ok had

carbuncle
24-11-12, 13:51
before catching on to the boys action cartoons i was watching xiao tian tian and smurfs with my sis bwagahahaha

buttercarp
24-11-12, 14:48
before catching on to the boys action cartoons i was watching xiao tian tian and smurfs with my sis bwagahahaha

I learnt to read the traditional form of chinese writing by reading xiao tian tian (candy candy). I had a dictionary by my side when I read it.

azeoprop
24-11-12, 15:14
I learnt to read the traditional form of chinese writing by reading xiao tian tian (candy candy). I had a dictionary by my side when I read it.

Now u can watch the whole series on youtube. :D

http://youtu.be/FhsRp1YZsVM

azeoprop
24-11-12, 15:18
Anybody remember this? I was just a toddler then, but somehow remember the tunes and deedeedee lyrics

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YEFoBCZH1HE

Yah I watched this last time haa haa....I think the ending quite sad, the DD robot died.

:o

carbuncle
24-11-12, 19:02
i suddenly realised it isnt xiaotiantian that i watched. but the one with the girl with magical powers she will always have a change (bian!) sequencd where she takes out some key from her heart and then transforms into various characters (usually grown up) .... anyone remember whats it called?

azeoprop
24-11-12, 20:24
i suddenly realised it isnt xiaotiantian that i watched. but the one with the girl with magical powers she will always have a change (bian!) sequencd where she takes out some key from her heart and then transforms into various characters (usually grown up) .... anyone remember whats it called?

Its called 甜甜仙子. (魔法のプリンセス ミンキーモモ)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAdYzEG8uU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AObca8gtFh4

:D

cavaliver
24-11-12, 20:47

How about 我要替月亮惩罚你!!
:cheers5:

carbuncle
24-11-12, 20:54
sailormoon i never watch a single episode...

that era i was busy in drag as even prettier gal lol

carbuncle
24-11-12, 22:00
yes its momo gigi!!!

the other of my favorite (i was in volleyball sch team for 6 yrs) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMGNQ5Ci8IY

azeoprop
24-11-12, 22:08
yes its momo gigi!!!

the other of my favorite (i was in volleyball sch team for 6 yrs) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMGNQ5Ci8IY

Haa haa, all their balls got special powers and moves one. :D

SBC got a local version also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3UGParFHjY

I remembered there is another Japanese show on tennis, also got special moves and powers.

cavaliver
24-11-12, 22:24
yes its momo gigi!!!

That is my wifey favorite. She is always talking about this show. But she watched it when she was in red swastik. Btw she is also from DHS :cheers5:

carbuncle
24-11-12, 22:30
yes thats wang3 qiu2 shuang1 feng4

the tennis ball can ride across the length of the net lol

carbuncle
24-11-12, 22:32
That is my wifey favorite. She is always talking about this show. But she watched it when she was in red swastik. Btw she is also from DHS :cheers5:

I also watched it pri 5 or 6. DHS volleyball ur wifey?
Lol me also. But boys team la lol

Somersault spike is really kua zhang

cavaliver
24-11-12, 22:34
I also watched it pri 5 or 6. DHS volleyball ur wifey?
Lol me also. But boys team la lol

Somersault spike is really kua zhang

No lah... She is not the sporty type. I think she is in Chinese orchestra & Chinese LDDS . :D

carbuncle
24-11-12, 22:43
my bf played the erhu in CO... i loved his furry forearms

cavaliver
24-11-12, 22:47
my bf played the erhu in CO... i loved his furry forearms

Bear? Haha

carbuncle
24-11-12, 22:53
no. more like red panda. super cute bubble butt.

howgozit
24-11-12, 23:00
no. more like red panda. super cute bubble butt.

Shivers.... brrrr

zeamybro
24-11-12, 23:47
yes its momo gigi!!!

The jap theme song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXhxdnQGyQk&sns=em

And there is this singapore copycat version from SBC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vUpnlqqbdQ&sns=em

buttercarp
24-11-12, 23:48

That's the usual route for the brighter Red Swastika students - DHS.

cavaliver
25-11-12, 06:31
That's the usual route for the brighter Red Swastika students - DHS.

Agreed.:)
Actually, she is the brightest cos she is the top girl. Hehe :p

carbuncle
25-11-12, 09:42
i was the 2nd or 3rd top from its neighbour sch lol

zeamybro
25-11-12, 10:40
i was the 2nd or 3rd top from its neighbour sch lol

Wah we have a lot of 天才 in this forum ....

carbuncle
25-11-12, 11:18
xiao3 shi2 liao3 liao3 da4 wei4 bi4 jia1

zeamybro
25-11-12, 11:37
xiao3 shi2 liao3 liao3 da4 wei4 bi4 jia1

You are still very 佳 .. Probably a 俏佳人

carbuncle
25-11-12, 13:13
You are still very 佳 .. Probably a 俏佳人

You mean like... this?

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/600325_10152271818275244_286750370_n.jpg

:ashamed1: :D

carbuncle
25-11-12, 18:58
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images/f/f0/Oshin-banner.jpgOshin is the other popular series during 80s

azeoprop
25-11-12, 19:21
http://remembersingapore.wordpress.com/2011/11/03/100-things-we-love-about-the-80s/

http://remembersingapore.wordpress.com/2011/11/06/100-things-we-love-about-the-80s-part-2/

roly8
25-11-12, 19:28
http://remembersingapore.wordpress.com/2011/11/03/100-things-we-love-about-the-80s/

http://remembersingapore.wordpress.com/2011/11/06/100-things-we-love-about-the-80s-part-2/

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared-4::scared-4::scared-4:

azeoprop
25-11-12, 19:38
One of the popular early 80s Chinese pop with MTV. :D

http://youtu.be/L2-5fgE99-o

carbuncle
25-11-12, 19:43
i did almost everything in pt 1 and like 90% from pt 2.

i have not lived in vain indeed...

zeamybro
25-11-12, 19:51
i did almost everything in pt 1 and like 90% from pt 2.

i have not lived in vain indeed...

Carbuncle, were u from 育能?

carbuncle
25-11-12, 20:02

ent.huanqiu.com/star/hk/2010-11/1219763.html

carbuncle
25-11-12, 20:04
Carbuncle, were u from 育能?

second word correct. first is sala.

zeamybro
25-11-12, 20:05
second word correct. first is sala.

Ok got it! :D

carbuncle
25-11-12, 20:08
Ok got it! :D

y do u ask? u know some gal frm there look like me? lol

zeamybro
25-11-12, 20:12
y do u ask? u know some gal frm there look like me? lol

Haha how I know how u look like? Cos I was from the 能 i mentioned.. Jus wonder if u could be my 师姐

azeoprop
25-11-12, 20:43
Haha how I know how u look like? Cos I was from the 能 i mentioned.. Jus wonder if u could be my 师姐

Carbuncle is 灭绝师太? :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/1oeKh_mj9vA

carbuncle
25-11-12, 21:05

u alrwady see my 俏佳人 photo earlier ma... though admittedly blocked out the face la lol

carbuncle
25-11-12, 21:09
Carbuncle is 灭绝师太? :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/1oeKh_mj9vA

erm i take it as a compliment ok...

chestnut
26-11-12, 17:07

Azeo, thanks for the link... Really bring back childhood memories.... Watched the links with my kpfamily and they laughed... Hahahaha:D

roly8
26-11-12, 18:30
anyone crazy about teresa teng's music? :D
i think she is consider under 60s

i have a huge collection of her song from chinese, hokkien, cantonese to english..

and through her, i discover other great english song of the 60s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UKPqi1NiOQ

azeoprop
26-11-12, 18:42
anyone crazy about teresa teng's music? :D
i think she is consider under 60s

i have a huge collection of her song from chinese, hokkien, cantonese to english..

and through her, i discover other great english song of the 60s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UKPqi1NiOQ

Actually she achieved mainstream international stardom in the early 70s and peaked in the early 80s.

Her most critically acclaimed album must be 淡淡幽情 released in 1983 featuring poems from the Tang and Song Dynasties. :D

zeamybro
26-11-12, 20:23
Actually she achieved mainstream international stardom in the early 70s and peaked in the early 80s.

Her most critically acclaimed album must be 淡淡幽情 released in 1983 featuring poems from the Tang and Song Dynasties. :D

Yes my fave is this song adapted from the poem 虞美人, written by the last emperor of the southern Tang Dynasty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ueTi-2ieE&sns=em

李煜: 虞美人
春花秋月何时了,
往事知多少。
小楼昨夜又东风,
故国不堪回首月明中。
雕栏玉砌应犹在,
只是朱颜改。
问君能有几多愁,
恰似一江春水向东流。