PDA

View Full Version : Manhattan appt worthy to invest now?

East Lover
04-11-12, 00:10
Saw some adv on newspaper today. Manhattan apt only 500USD! Near World Trade Center some more.

Just came back from NY, still have special feeling to manhattan :o

I know for US property, we have to give at least 50% down payment, high interest rate (3.5%), high mgmt fee, high taxes, rental may just cover all expenses.... But any upside? Is it wise to put 400-500k SGD, hold for 5-8 years?

cnud
04-11-12, 07:13
Saw some adv on newspaper today. Manhattan apt only 500USD! Near World Trade Center some more.

Just came back from NY, still have special feeling to manhattan :o

I know for US property, we have to give at least 50% down payment, high interest rate (3.5%), high mgmt fee, high taxes, rental may just cover all expenses.... But any upside? Is it wise to put 400-500k SGD, hold for 5-8 years?

Looks interesting to me too. But securing loan is a problem?

East Lover
04-11-12, 09:14
Looks interesting to me too. But securing loan is a problem?
Site admin recategorized my thread to "misc"???!

I think 50% loan should be no problem. I will dig out more later :rolleyes:

azeoprop
04-11-12, 09:51
Can always buy My Manhattan, still got some choice units left... :rolleyes:

East Lover
04-11-12, 10:20
Can always buy My Manhattan, still got some choice units left... :rolleyes:
Hahah like that also can? :D

East Lover
04-11-12, 10:25
Called. They said no problem to secures 50% loan, if not, fully refund.

Also, location is Battery Park City, walking distance to new World Trade Center and Wall Street.

Is BPC equivalent to our Newton? Then $1k SPF seems very attractive leh...

Are we still able to find a studio or 1 bedder in D11 below 800k?

focus
04-11-12, 11:05
Called. They said no problem to secures 50% loan, if not, fully refund.

Also, location is Battery Park City, walking distance to new World Trade Center and Wall Street.

Is BPC equivalent to our Newton? Then $1k SPF seems very attractive leh...

Are we still able to find a studio or 1 bedder in D11 below 800k?

Just curious... i remembered reading the current hurricane sandy flooded the construction site of WTC.

It may be a once in a lifetime event.. but if it does happens again a few years later.. hurricane is not uncommon and damages are quite substantial compare to our storm. How will it affect your maintenance and repair charges in a building? Curious..

East Lover
04-11-12, 11:41
Just curious... i remembered reading the current hurricane sandy flooded the construction site of WTC.

It may be a once in a lifetime event.. but if it does happens again a few years later.. hurricane is not uncommon and damages are quite substantial compare to our storm. How will it affect your maintenance and repair charges in a building? Curious..
Valid question. I asked same, they said not impact to that condo they are marketing. They can send me an official email to confirm this, but I still wonder... Downtown is at lower land, BPC even lower :doh:

focus
04-11-12, 11:50
Valid question. I asked same, they said not impact to that condo they are marketing. They can send me an official email to confirm this, but I still wonder... Downtown is at lower land, BPC even lower :doh:

But of course that will not stop the capital appreciation part. But just curious :)

East Lover
04-11-12, 11:56
But of course that will not stop the capital appreciation part. But just curious :)
So u positive to go for manhattan?

Laguna
04-11-12, 12:39
I replied in your other thread

I am now selling away my properties in US, for the following reasons :

1. a lot of expenses to pay, change heater, change mattress, change carpet...etc...u don't even know whether there is a need to change, and how much it really cost u...this is on top of the 10% agency fee paid

2. it is too far for you to manage

3. u don't know the quality of your tenants

4. I can make better use of money

U can buy, provided you have someone u can trust to manage for you.

focus
04-11-12, 14:22
So u positive to go for manhattan?

Nope. Too far away ... and not familiar.
If i want to invest, i wwill go australia.