PDA

View Full Version : Qbay @ Tampines - By FEO, FCL and Seikisui House LH99

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

wtpooh
19-01-13, 11:07
although the location is not great, the layout, the site plan are very well designed ... this bay villa is supposed for owners to invite guests and haolian

;)

So my guests can stay over night in the bay villa? It looks rather "open" with glass walls and next to pool used by all residents. Will the guests be comfortable living there? Will it have a opposite effect implying to my guests my house too small cannot accomodate them? :(

Will some business minded resident or tenants "rent" it out?

newbie11
19-01-13, 11:09
I don't know how it is workable. If you all want to know, you have to ask the agents there. I was given the information but since I didn't buy, I won't know if it is workable or not. Oh, they have bankers there also. So can ask them all at one place. They have 2 types of pricing. One higher price with rebate and one lower price without rebate. The rebate is about 7% for ABSD but you have to get a higher loan since nett price is almost similar. That is all I know.
U have to declare discount rebate voucher etc

wtpooh
19-01-13, 11:14
ya, 600+ units, with 52 weekends
u need to wait long long to have a booking

5 yrs for a weekend booking.
2 yrs if don't mind weekdays.

Who will pay for housekeeping - linens & cleaning everyday?

Laguna
19-01-13, 11:18
5 yrs for a weekend booking.
2 yrs if don't mind weekdays.

Who will pay for housekeeping - linens & cleaning everyday?

of course, part of the maintenance unless the MCST decides to charge fee per use

bargain hunter
19-01-13, 11:49
but we can also imply that 54% are first timers, 38% are 2nd timers who may be selling their current residence upon the completion of this project so that they can get their 7% back. that could mean that, a potential 92% of buyers need not pay the ridiculous 7% stamp duty. :ashamed1:

Per Lianhe Zaobao, buyers's profile for the 210 units sold yesterday by 6pm:
- About 38% of buyers currently owned 1 property and
- About 8% currently owned >1 properties

phantom_opera
19-01-13, 12:34
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sites/businesstimes.com.sg/files/imagecache/image_300x200/BT_20130119_ZYSALES19_364722.jpg

the boy who cried wolf dead at 3rd time .. we have 7 times of CMs liao :scared-1:

Allthepies
19-01-13, 12:44
But at least the number sold is really down.. The price went down too.. Only sold out 1/3 of the units..

Can't really understand the maths in this, original price 1050psf, after 15% discount and 7% stamp duty, it is selling 985psf? Doesn't tally at all.

Then at $985psf, the buyer need to pay 7% stamp duty, effectively the buyer still pay 1050psf, ha buyer still pay same amount loh, just tat developer earning less. :doh:

chiaberry
19-01-13, 13:01
Went down to have a look taking the opportunity since it was raining heavily therefore less crowded than it should normally be.

Very nice layout for the units. Bathrooms have windows (even the 1 BR). A lot of windows in all the units so they will be bright and airy. But none will have direct West sun (agent said unlike Waterview where the quarry view units will have West sun). Finishes decent - compressed marble for living/dining, timber strips for bedrooms, feature wall in bathroom is natural marble. The cupboards are well designed with decent storage space. Not sure about the folding doors in the walk in wardrobe for the master bedroom though - no experience of that kind of door. Agent claims the non-master bedrooms in the 3 bedders can all fit 2 single beds (though I have my doubts about this).

The villas will have a fee per night for the rental - she quoted around $100 per night but this is not yet fixed. There are only 2 villas. I thought it is a good idea whoever thought up this idea deserves a lot of credit.

Free shuttle bus to Tampinese MRT for 2 years after TOP.

I love the layout of the Trio.....can see why the WV owner is considering moving across the road.

For own stay and if you don't need the MRT to be within walking distance, this is very attractive.

bargain hunter
19-01-13, 13:05
15% discount was already there (typical far east). only 7% added becoz of CM7. oh, kind of slow, but just realised why its called CM7 now. hahahahahaha :ashamed1:

985 add 7% is 1054psf lor.

this 985psf only benefits 1st timers and 2nd timers who subsequently sell their current residence within 6 months of TOP of this project. these are the people who gain a 7% advantage. everyone else is still paying the same price as before.

Can't really understand the maths in this, original price 1050psf, after 15% discount and 7% stamp duty, it is selling 985psf? Doesn't tally at all.

Then at $985psf, the buyer need to pay 7% stamp duty, effectively the buyer still pay 1050psf, ha buyer still pay same amount loh, just tat developer earning less. :doh:

bargain hunter
19-01-13, 13:18
PUBLISHED JANUARY 19, 2013

They came, they saw, but only half signed up

Thanks to cooling measures, only 214 close deal at preview launch of Q Bay Residences

FOUR hundred out of the 500 people who had indicated interest in buying a unit in Q Bay Residences showed up for the preview launch yesterday - but only 214 of them signed on the dotted line to do so.

Elson Poo, the general manager of marketing and sales at Frasers Centrepoint Homes, put their hesitation down to the effect of the government measures introduced to cool the property market.

"If not for the cooling measures affecting the loans available to buyers, we would have sold 300 units," he said.

Among the measures imposed last Friday was the one which lowered loan-to-value ratios from 60 per cent to 50 per cent for those taking up a second housing loan, and from 60 per cent to 40 per cent for those taking third or subsequent loans.

The LTV is a lending-risk assessment ratio which banks look at when deciding whether to approve a mortgage.

It is calculated by dividing the mortgage amount by the value of the property.
Individuals applying for second or subsequent home mortgages now have to pay a bigger cash downpayment too - 25 per cent, up from 10 per cent.

Mr Poo said, however, that those who did not make a purchase yesterday because of the new loan restrictions are likely to return to do so when they have worked out their financing issues.

"We talked to some buyers who said they liked the product very much, but owing to problems with the upfront cash payment, they may take a little more time to consolidate their loans."

Q Bay, which is in Tampines, is the first private condominium launched since the cooling measures were introduced. How well it sells is being closely watched for an indication of the property scene going forward.

SLP International executive director Nicholas Mak said: "Developers are waiting to see what will happen, but the take-up rate of units at Q Bay shows continued demand, and that buyers are responding well to the promotions offered by developers."

Property consultants BT spoke to predicted reduced demand for Q Bay's one to two-bedroom units, since such small units are typically bought for investment by second and third home buyers. These small units make up nearly half of Q Bay's 630 units.

Among the units sold yesterday, however, 46 per cent were one and two-bedroom units.

Mr Mak attributed the relatively strong demand for Q Bay to its Tampines location, which he described as an upgrader's market.

Ong Teck Hui, the national director of research and consultancy at Jones Lang LaSalle, said no new private condominium has come up in Tampines for some time. With Q Bay going at the cost of under $1,000 per sq ft (psf) on average, buyers probably see it as being competitively priced.

Mr Ong added: "Being an HDB heartland condominium, most of the buyers would be HDB upgraders who are first-time private home buyers less affected by the recent measures."

The developers, a consortium of Frasers Centrepoint, Far East Organization and Sekisui House, launched the condominium at an average price of $985 psf yesterday, after dangling a 5 to 7 per cent discount on the stamp duty to cushion the impact of the additional buyer's stamp duty (ABSD) imposed on all buyers except Singaporeans buying their first home.

desquire
19-01-13, 14:21
Went down to have a look taking the opportunity since it was raining heavily therefore less crowded than it should normally be.

Very nice layout for the units. Bathrooms have windows (even the 1 BR). A lot of windows in all the units so they will be bright and airy. But none will have direct West sun (agent said unlike Waterview where the quarry view units will have West sun). Finishes decent - compressed marble for living/dining, timber strips for bedrooms, feature wall in bathroom is natural marble. The cupboards are well designed with decent storage space. Not sure about the folding doors in the walk in wardrobe for the master bedroom though - no experience of that kind of door. Agent claims the non-master bedrooms in the 3 bedders can all fit 2 single beds (though I have my doubts about this).

The villas will have a fee per night for the rental - she quoted around $100 per night but this is not yet fixed. There are only 2 villas. I thought it is a good idea whoever thought up this idea deserves a lot of credit.

Free shuttle bus to Tampinese MRT for 2 years after TOP.

I love the layout of the Trio.....can see why the WV owner is considering moving across the road.

For own stay and if you don't need the MRT to be within walking distance, this is very attractive.

We share the same sentiments. I saw it, I love it, I think about it but decided not to buy it. Heheh. It's a fantastic development with newly injected ideas of a promised resort style home.

If not for the waiting time, I would have jumped into this boat. It not marketing alone. A lot of effort has been put into developing this pure of land to a beautiful gem. I really like it so much. Each time I hear a mention of the alphabet Q, the butterflies in my timah flits to my heart. How I love this wonderful place!! The Trio is sweet. :D

RCT
19-01-13, 15:25
same as La Fiesta... La Fiesta have all their 1-room sold out... But actually QBay did quite well to have sell 1/3 of their apartment.. I believe if you have money now, it is a good time to buy big apartments... hahaha

kane
19-01-13, 16:01
the pool coming right up to the PES on the ground floor unit reminds me of Caspian.

desquire
19-01-13, 16:03
True. This is one of the loveliest ground floor unit. Straight to the pool but again can be noisy at times but I don't mind it at all. Very beautiful. Nice surroundings. :D

kane
19-01-13, 16:07
True. This is one of the loveliest ground floor unit. Straight to the pool but again can be noisy at times but I don't mind it at all. Very beautiful. Nice surroundings. :D

yes, it'll be quite noisy, being poolside at your patio can be very charming at night but in the day, the swimmers can look straight into your house.

azeoprop
19-01-13, 16:20
waterfront key also have some ground floor units like that one.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/12787139/for-rent-waterfront-key

monsieur2
19-01-13, 16:29
so many agents at the showflat and many sold are one bedder.

some more got sms from a bank offering sibor + 0.90%

RCT
19-01-13, 17:08
so many agents at the showflat and many sold are one bedder.

some more got sms from a bank offering sibor + 0.90%

bro... 25% cash downpayment.. That is the real thing that is going to stop people from buying. Singapore is different from other country like China but are like USA. We are buying using credit which means the country can easily control the numbers by adjusting the down payment in cash... If this CM7 is in China, I can tell you totally no effect at all.. The people will only laugh at the government... In Singapore, it seem to have some effect.

For example, we take a 1 million property for example.

Before CM7, cash = 100k and cpf = 300k plus ard BSD of ard 25k. So cash down payment will be 125k cash and 300k cpf.

After CM7, cash = 250k and cpf = 250k plus ard ABSD of ard 95k. So cash down payment will be 345k cash and 250k cpf.

We will need $220k in cash to buy the same property... So those who want to invest in 3 room, now have to settle for 1 room.. For those who want to invest in 2-room or below, really have to think how to get the cash.. But if I have $300k in cash, you can get quite good interest rate from banks.

Another thing I cannot understand is why 1st timer don't go for HDB but go for PC?

monsieur2
19-01-13, 17:15
Another thing I cannot understand is why 1st timer don't go for HDB but go for PC?

bro, 1) exceed income limit 2) prestige 3) perceived affordability due to low interest rate 4) have not experienced any property correction while having an outstanding mortgage

RCT
19-01-13, 17:20
bro, 1) exceed income limit 2) prestige 3) perceived affordability due to low interest rate 4) have not experienced any property correction while having an outstanding mortgage

Point 1 : I agreed.
Point 2 : If take loan to have prestige, I think it is a bit weird.
Point 3 : Affordability.. In my eyes, affordability is when I want to buy $1 of goods and then I must have $1 of cash..
Point 4 : I think so too.. But another thing is our interest rate is really too low.. hahhaah

RCT
19-01-13, 17:23
Point 3 : Affordability.. In my eyes, affordability is when I want to buy $1 of goods and then I must have $1 of cash..
Point 4 : I think so too.. But another thing is our interest rate is really too low.. hahhaah

I can remember my rich friends using gold bar to buy property during the 2008 crisis... hahaha.. the price then is really cheap...

kane
19-01-13, 17:30
Before cm7, when you needed 40% downpayment, a good chunk of those buyers already have more than 25% cash I suspect. Its not that easy to raise more than the 15% in CPF when they are actively using it for a current mortgage that they have.

timmy
19-01-13, 18:33
15% discount was already there (typical far east). only 7% added becoz of CM7. oh, kind of slow, but just realised why its called CM7 now. hahahahahaha :ashamed1:

985 add 7% is 1054psf lor.

this 985psf only benefits 1st timers and 2nd timers who subsequently sell their current residence within 6 months of TOP of this project. these are the people who gain a 7% advantage. everyone else is still paying the same price as before.

Hi just a quick check with the experts here.
So in essence, for the purpose of calculating ura property price index, prices are deemed to have dropped given the discounts? (Of course still need to factor in prices for other projects)

bargain hunter
19-01-13, 18:48
resale prices won't drop so fast. and for new launches, it always does not really impact the ura index rite? since most of the projects are still benchmark psfs and even 985psf for Q bay is still a record for the area isn't it? i think there is more impact if there are many projects which are already launched and start cutting prices by 7% or more.

Hi just a quick check with the experts here.
So in essence, for the purpose of calculating ura property price index, prices are deemed to have dropped given the discounts? (Of course still need to factor in prices for other projects)

bargain hunter
19-01-13, 18:55
also have to take note that 2nd property purchase does not equate 2nd mortgage since 1st ppty, be it hdb or pte may be fully paid up.

so the 38% of buyers who already own 1 property may have that ppty fully paid up, thus, can still put just 20% down for this one.

2) there are many pple who take loan to have prestige, be it cars or ppties. :D

3) agree personally but cannot say the same for other pple.

bakasa2002
19-01-13, 23:07
But if I have $300k in cash, you can get quite good interest rate from banks.

Any product/bank recommendation for good returns that is relatively safe? :)

Superstar1
20-01-13, 08:53
Bro good returns and relatively safe products used in the same breath is just like the mystical unicorn, non existence or very very rare.However index tracking (STI) products may be worth considering

may2012
20-01-13, 11:11
the banks expect you to declare the final price you pay nett off all discounts rebate etc before the calculate the 80% of that nett price. I don't think it is workable. but if it is happening, then it might be a loophole somewhere.

if you can take a loan against ABSD, SSD or whatever stamp duty, then how can it still function as a cooling measure.

COE is suppost to be a cooling measure for car ownership, but it can be loaned as well. t the end of the day $ collected more impt to the ministars. :cheers6:

Gov is more concern of the back dating of options where $ is lost.

Laguna
20-01-13, 11:54

A lot of people asking me the same question.
The answer is : do your work!

There are still a good numbers of good picks in the share market.

kane
20-01-13, 12:05
Safe and good returns differ from person to person. Specify a specific number in terms of percentage returns and the amount of volatility you can accept before you consult your advisor where to park your funds.

bargain hunter
20-01-13, 12:59
an agent's sms said new stack to be released after 6pm today:

price guide:
2br 797 sq ft $745k 935psf
3br compact 904 sq ft $825,440 913psf
3br verandah 1119 sq ft $992,530 886psf.

is this lower than the 1st day morning's price? :confused:

RCT
20-01-13, 13:06
an agent's sms said new stack to be released after 6pm today:

price guide:
2br 797 sq ft $745k 935psf
3br compact 904 sq ft $825,440 913psf
3br verandah 1119 sq ft $992,530 886psf.

is this lower than the 1st day morning's price? :confused:

I think must be lousy stack and lousy floor.. Within one day cannot be...FEO have enough cash to hold...

bargain hunter
20-01-13, 13:11
i think so too. but this is new stunt from feo? in the past they sell the cheapest and poorest facing units first. now they start in the middle or sell premium units first, then release the cheap ones later to make pple think they r getting a good deal?

I think must be lousy stack and lousy floor.. Within one day cannot be...FEO have enough cash to hold...

joeteo
20-01-13, 15:38
i think so too. but this is new stunt from feo? in the past they sell the cheapest and poorest facing units first. now they start in the middle or sell premium units first, then release the cheap ones later to make pple think they r getting a good deal?

On the contrary, or Qbay feo start with bad facing. I m still waiting for 3+utility facing arrival porch. Only 3 stack wif 3+u. Bad facing goes first. Some more these bad facing not moving.. Price downward pressure.. Hmmm

RCT
20-01-13, 15:54
On the contrary, or Qbay feo start with bad facing. I m still waiting for 3+utility facing arrival porch. Only 3 stack wif 3+u. Bad facing goes first. Some more these bad facing not moving.. Price downward pressure.. Hmmm

Anyone went down today to see what is the pricing now? But all the current price maybe those property in flora drive is a better choice... I don't like high building..

chiaberry
20-01-13, 17:07
FEO have a lot of sales tactics. Agent SMS me to tell me px going up at 12 noon. Quick come down now!

bargain hunter
20-01-13, 17:30
or is it agents have different tactics?! totally confusing! :doh:

some try to sell premium units, some sell cheaper units.

FEO have a lot of sales tactics. Agent SMS me to tell me px going up at 12 noon. Quick come down now!

cnud
20-01-13, 20:34
Passed by twice today. Crowd is much lesser than expected. Mostly agents.

McKinnon
20-01-13, 22:04
excuse me? i tot i was a sardine for 30 mins :o

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/8B1E3D8B-B047-4971-AA74-78D24FE035B3-238-000000122AFA1EB4.jpg

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/941116B1-E7F7-43E8-A7AB-29D7C0C71F17-238-0000001248C41FB9.jpg

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/2349FF08-8589-4D86-88E7-0CC9E58FEFAE-238-000000125E82DBFA.jpg

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/8DA90633-149F-4B34-BE07-AA7E9FAB5B1C-238-00000012734B12A2.jpg

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/CBD232F5-91DF-4724-AB21-DBDD78923C39-238-0000001280FCACA9.jpg

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/851D8658-465B-4096-83E2-343048C300A9-238-000000129C9ED032.jpg

iwantgizmos
20-01-13, 22:10
nice pics there !

zeamybro
20-01-13, 22:11
McKinnon - hmmmm, this type of 'crowd' level is really nothing compared with what you could see in some of the launches in 2012.

Nevertheless... Thanks for the pics. Oh ya, does the beemers in yr last pic belong to your lovely neighbour, the most powerful woman in the east?:D

McKinnon
20-01-13, 22:14
her lowly brochure collecting kaki :o

it's very crowded in the inner layers, all tables full, i've been to enuf launches to gauge. :)

McKinnon - hmmmm, this type of 'crowd' level is really nothing compared with what you could see in some of the launches in 2012.

Nevertheless... Thanks for the pics. Oh ya, does the beemers in yr last pic belong to your lovely neighbour, the most powerful woman in the east?:D

zeamybro
20-01-13, 22:19
her lowly brochure collecting kaki :o

it's very crowded in the inner layers, all tables full, i've been to enuf launches to gauge. :)

Oh ok, thot your pics showed a rather sparse crowd. Anyway, I was there at 3pm, the showflat and carpark were really quite empty then, and mostly were agents as what cnud mentioned. Mabe diff timing, and the rain could hv chased the crowd away...

bargain hunter
20-01-13, 22:22
so what time did bro mckinnon drop by? could it be becoz of the supposed new cheap stacks released after 6pm?

how many sold already?

McKinnon
20-01-13, 22:22
i was there at around 1pm, then 5pm..

both times so squeezy that i gave up my brochure collecting plan :D

u see the # of units sold lo.. after after cm7.. unbelievable.

this launch confirm more packed than waterview's.

Oh ok, I was there at 3pm, the showflat and Carpark were really quite empty then, and mostly were agents as what cnud mentioned. Mabe diff timing, and the rain could hv chased the crowd away...

Sam88
20-01-13, 22:24

You collect the brochure because of the raining season? Used as protective layer for the car carpet? :D

McKinnon
20-01-13, 22:28
so clever hor u..

bro zeamy i tot so too until i went past the front counter all packed at inner layer so i pull back to less ppl place can take pixs.. some agents v chio lei..

zeamybro
20-01-13, 22:33

Oh I didn't get a chance to visit WV showflat, but had my most squeezy experiences at Katong regency, Watertown and Kovan Regency showflats. Even need to queue up to view the mock-up units ..... It was crazy :D

kane
20-01-13, 22:53
Parc centros was another where you need to queue to get in.

RCT
20-01-13, 23:27
What ia the building behind Qbay?

leesg123
20-01-13, 23:50
What ia the building behind Qbay?
It's an EC i think.

McKinnon
21-01-13, 00:30
arc at tampines ec there will be a road separating the two w their drop off points there.

It's an EC i think.

cornycow
21-01-13, 01:43
went to take a look at qbay today. super packed sia damn crowded

anyway the layout is a little strange dont you think? the utility is not within the kitchen itself. there also doesnt seem to be any windows in the kitchen?? there isnt any yard area too.

i think for the 2 bedder, they placed the washing machine in the utility room which is near the masterbed room. when i asked the agent where can one hang the clothes, he replied balcony :scared-3:

sleeping lamb
21-01-13, 07:37
Parc centros was another where you need to queue to get in. According to h88, there are some interesting features packed in but it is around 1.5 km from the future tamp west downtown stn -.- Talking abt parc centros, I would have bought it if not due to my earlier purchase at palette. Think its less than 1000psf for such a superb location.

bargain hunter
21-01-13, 07:49
The Frasers Centrepoint-led consortium that included Far East Organisation sold an "encouraging" 315 units out of its 630 during its first weekend on the market.

kane
21-01-13, 07:55
The Frasers Centrepoint-led consortium that included Far East Organisation sold an "encouraging" 315 units out of its 630 during its first weekend on the market.

Everyone always loves a discount it seems. 315 is a fairly strong showing considering the measures in place. Fortunately the psf is fairly low. Otherwise it will hasten the arrival of CM8.

1ririz99
21-01-13, 08:02
Got a sms from my agent late last night mentioning 430 units sold :scared-4:

bargain hunter
21-01-13, 08:30
1) under report to newspaper so that no CM8 OR
2) agent over report to create false impression.

hahaha

bargain hunter
21-01-13, 08:34
i think developer will also try to under declare.

la fiesta reported hot hot 50% sold on the jan 11 midnight sale (ie 400+), but today's ST showed that only 380 sold after the miserable 8 units which were sold this weekend. maybe a lot indicated strong interest and stickers were put on but some units were never sold as cheque was never given.

taggy
21-01-13, 09:05
i think developer will also try to under declare.

la fiesta reported hot hot 50% sold on the jan 11 midnight sale (ie 400+), but today's ST showed that only 380 sold after the miserable 8 units which were sold this weekend. maybe a lot indicated strong interest and stickers were put on but some units were never sold as cheque was never given.
maybe some give up options...

bargain hunter
21-01-13, 09:41
but if so, that would be a huge number given that it has only been 1 week. after 1 week decide to give up 1.25%? seems strange since they would still have a few more weeks to consider whether to exercise the option or not right?

maybe some give up options...

Sam88
21-01-13, 09:54
but if so, that would be a huge number given that it has only been 1 week. after 1 week decide to give up 1.25%? seems strange since they would still have a few more weeks to consider whether to exercise the option or not right?

there are many rich people around. just look at priority banking alone. calculate 1 rm has how many customer and multiply by the number of rm and multiply by the number of banks. you will get a shock how many people have more than 200k in singapore.

this is like a repeat of tuition for kids. past few years, parents give a head start for kids with tuition. today, they give a head start with downpayment for hdb/condo. so the younger generation are finding it tougher and tougher. this is what i see.

focus
21-01-13, 11:44
there are many rich people around. just look at priority banking alone. calculate 1 rm has how many customer and multiply by the number of rm and multiply by the number of banks. you will get a shock how many people have more than 200k in singapore.

this is like a repeat of tuition for kids. past few years, parents give a head start for kids with tuition. today, they give a head start with downpayment for hdb/condo. so the younger generation are finding it tougher and tougher. this is what i see.

No need to calculate. Just look at the entry requirements of the priority customers. Last time 200k, then some banks started to raise it to 250k and 300k. (200k in 2007)

Now, they got PriorityPlus in some banks which cater to people with $1mil and above (Non existent in 2007)

To get into a private bank nowadays.. they try to suggest to you at $5mil compared to $2mil in 2007.

Sam88
21-01-13, 11:55
No need to calculate. Just look at the entry requirements of the priority customers. Last time 200k, then some banks started to raise it to 250k and 300k. (200k in 2007)

Now, they got PriorityPlus in some banks which cater to people with $1mil and above (Non existent in 2007)

To get into a private bank nowadays.. they try to suggest to you at $5mil compared to $2mil in 2007.

so verdict in layman terms - :confused: :D

acidic.straw
21-01-13, 13:19
so verdict in layman terms - :confused: :D

Inflation has shrunk the $ so much the once considered rich are no longer rich? :D

Sam88
21-01-13, 13:26
Inflation has shrunk the $ so much the once considered rich are no longer rich? :D

you are partially rite. the other part is - the rich got richer and there are newer rich that knocked down those that were border line cases because this border line cases did not invest.

Sam88
21-01-13, 13:38
you are partially rite. the other part is - the rich got richer and there are newer rich that knocked down those that were border line cases because this border line cases did not invest.

bottomline, the rich invested and became richer thus bringing the minimum sum up.

so you are rite.... i too long winded. inflation shrunk the money but also increased the money for those who invested.

RCT
21-01-13, 16:42
bottomline, the rich invested and became richer thus bringing the minimum sum up.

so you are rite.... i too long winded. inflation shrunk the money but also increased the money for those who invested.

Inflation and deflation are just tricks to take away money from the common people. If u want to get out of the cycle you will need to be in the circle.. A point to take note is that currency war with Japan and Germany joining in... Japanese yen going down and Germany asking their gold back from USA and UK..

yjcai
21-01-13, 21:01
Wow Huttons agent [tio a director level] hard sell high floor pool view command higher rental [give rubbish analogy].

Overall this plot got potential if parcel c and d can tender higher. Congrats to the lucky one who manage to hoot low floor 1 bedder real cheap <525k [Just those lucky few].

yjcai
21-01-13, 21:03
went to take a look at qbay today. super packed sia damn crowded

anyway the layout is a little strange dont you think? the utility is not within the kitchen itself. there also doesnt seem to be any windows in the kitchen?? there isnt any yard area too.

i think for the 2 bedder, they placed the washing machine in the utility room which is near the masterbed room. when i asked the agent where can one hang the clothes, he replied balcony :scared-3:

oh sorry that is a universal room when i insist it is a utility room obviously with the washing machine. Just smile nicely at the agent nicely and hope i can stone her to death on the spot

bakasa2002
21-01-13, 21:22

this is quite astounding considering CM7 and the psf is not exactly 'low' if you factor in WV is avg psf is about 900? at 985 psf, Qbay has set a benchmark for the area.

Parcel B is cfm but I am wondering if Parcel C & D will be triggered. I kanna a Huttons agent who was selling the fact that this is first plot, buy sure earn strategy! :doh:

price
21-01-13, 21:32
Wow Huttons agent [tio a director level] hard sell high floor pool view command higher rental [give rubbish analogy].

Overall this plot got potential if parcel c and d can tender higher. Congrats to the lucky one who manage to hoot low floor 1 bedder real cheap <525k [Just those lucky few].
525k? WT during launch was a better buy.. 500+k too this area is :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

yjcai
21-01-13, 21:55
525k? WT during launch was a better buy.. 500+k too this area is :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ohhh. sorry i am so ill informed, so pro punggol? prw also can also get cheaper.

Sorry, this area this is the cheapest. no need be so agitated.

price
21-01-13, 21:59
ohhh. sorry i am so ill informed, so pro punggol? prw also can also get cheaper.

Sorry, this area this is the cheapest. no need be so agitated.
nah not agitated :cheers5: im not pro punggol. im pro what tenants and buyers look for.

yjcai
21-01-13, 22:06
but i am agitated. so many mzs gen y buyer did not even realize they are filling developer pockets to make them more resilient and enable them to make daring land bids. With such insane cash profile in biggish developers, KBW 200k supply will have minimal impact. So just go with the flow, you buy i also buy == we are safe?

Lemonlaw
21-01-13, 22:06
This is a hotcake project. Hoot ar...look at those crowd.

jandj
21-01-13, 22:23
Yes, why think so much! Is still cheap!!! Just close your eyes and sign the dotted line, cooling measure no power :sleep:

Pikachu1245
21-01-13, 22:33

With 'Resort-Like villas'. Remind me of Banyan Tree. Very Tempting Indeed.....:rolleyes:

chiaberry
21-01-13, 23:08
this is quite astounding considering CM7 and the psf is not exactly 'low' if you factor in WV is avg psf is about 900? at 985 psf, Qbay has set a benchmark for the area.

Parcel B is cfm but I am wondering if Parcel C & D will be triggered. I kanna a Huttons agent who was selling the fact that this is first plot, buy sure earn strategy! :doh:

I think they all have the same script.

zzzzz

kane
21-01-13, 23:23
Sacaly the next few land bids don't come in as hot then how? Still sure earn. Lol.

bargain hunter
21-01-13, 23:23
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_7E41ECF5D981964E48257AFA003A5159/$file/KSH_NR_QBAY.pdf?openelement

Singapore, January 21, 2013 – KSH Holdings Limited (“KSH” or the “Group”) (“KSH 控股有限公司”), a well-established construction, property development and property management group, today announced that it has received the Letter of Acceptance (“LOA”), worth approximately S$142.3 million from Quarry Bay Pte Ltd (“Quarry Bay”), for the main contract works of Q Bay Residences at Tampines Avenue 10 – a private condominium in Tampines that is also the first private condominium to launch in 2013. Quarry Bay is a consortium comprising Frasers Centrepoint, Far East Organization and Sekisui House.

The construction of Q Bay Residences is expected to commence in April 2013 for a total construction period of 33 months.

Inn0cent
22-01-13, 06:36
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_7E41ECF5D981964E48257AFA003A5159/$file/KSH_NR_QBAY.pdf?openelement

Singapore, January 21, 2013 – KSH Holdings Limited (“KSH” or the “Group”) (“KSH 控股有限公司”), a well-established construction, property development and property management group, today announced that it has received the Letter of Acceptance (“LOA”), worth approximately S$142.3 million from Quarry Bay Pte Ltd (“Quarry Bay”), for the main contract works of Q Bay Residences at Tampines Avenue 10 – a private condominium in Tampines that is also the first private condominium to launch in 2013. Quarry Bay is a consortium comprising Frasers Centrepoint, Far East Organization and Sekisui House.

The construction of Q Bay Residences is expected to commence in April 2013 for a total construction period of 33 months.

Thanks. So estimated TOP is Jan 2016? Is this contractor good?

bargain hunter
22-01-13, 08:50
Following the successful of launch of Q Bay Residences over last weekend, Fraser and Neave, Limited (“F&N” or “the Group”) wishes to announce that as at 21 January 2013, 312 of the 510 launched units (about 61 per cent of launched units) were sold at an average price of $1,007 per square foot. Q Bay Residences is jointly developed by F&N, Far East Organization and Sekisui House.

Excluding Q Bay Residences, F&N currently has total unsold inventory of 299 units (F&N's effective share is approximately 159 units), or about 5 per cent of projects currently under development. The unsold inventory are primarily from eCo, Palm Isles, Seastrand and Flamingo Valley private residential projects.

F&N plans to launch its remaining site in Woodlands, acquired in October 2012 at $302 per square foot per plot ratio, by the second quarter of 2013. A joint venture project with Lum Chang Binjai Holdings, this project is expected to yield around 500 units. The Group’s effective interest in this site is 70 per cent.

bargain hunter
22-01-13, 08:52
can't really comment on the contractor but they have done a wide range of projects from sentosa to other high end to mass market projects.

GWS
23-01-13, 08:12

With the official TOP date given at May 2017, this seems at least 18 months ahead of schedule instead of the typical 6 months ahead of schedule.

Not entirely a bad thing especially for first-timers buying for own stay since the waiting time is cut from 4.5 years to only slightly more than 3 years.

I remember reading somewhere that EL Development was using early TOP by building ahead of schedule as one of the selling points for La Fiesta in view of CM7.

GWS
23-01-13, 08:22
Anyway, been house hunting for the past few months and seen my fair share of projects and really found QBay to be a pretty good project.

It is apparent that liveability was one of the top priorities in this project:

1. NS facing for almost all the blocks

2. ample facilities (2 tennis courts + quite a few pools), well-placed facilities (clubhouse/function rooms near main entrance)

3. good spacing between blocks

4. interior layout is well thought out with all bedrooms enjoying same view as the balcony, even nitty gritty like windows in utility rooms and bathrooms to provide ventilation and allow in light, no bomb shelters, bay windows or planter boxes

5. units facing the quarry will have guaranteed unblocked views without any fear that a new development may spring up where the quarry is

Superstar1
23-01-13, 10:23
Anyway, been house hunting for the past few months and seen my fair share of projects and really found QBay to be a pretty good project.

It is apparent that liveability was one of the top priorities in this project:

1. NS facing for almost all the blocks

2. ample facilities (2 tennis courts + quite a few pools), well-placed facilities (clubhouse/function rooms near main entrance)

3. good spacing between blocks

4. interior layout is well thought out with all bedrooms enjoying same view as the balcony, even nitty gritty like windows in utility rooms and bathrooms to provide ventilation and allow in light, no bomb shelters, bany windows or planter boxes

5. units facing the quarry will have guaranteed unblocked views without any fear that a new development may spring up where the quarry is
Hi GWS disd u buy?

McKinnon
23-01-13, 20:19
Can i know the price after discount for high floor quarry view 3br?

wan to see my Tropica price appreciation after Qbay1. :D

GWS
23-01-13, 22:23
Hi GWS disd u buy?

Yes i did, bought a 3BR Trio unit

Inn0cent
24-01-13, 06:34
How's qbay selling right now?

sleeping lamb
24-01-13, 08:00
Never been to the showroom but on paper, the trio concept looks pretty interesting.

sherlock
24-01-13, 08:11
Am going in a while to take a look :ashamed1:

bakasa2002
24-01-13, 08:56
How's qbay selling right now?

reported in papers on mon sold 61% over the first weekend despite CM7. Pretty good imo considering the avg $1007psf is a new high for the area?

Superstar1
24-01-13, 11:11
Great! I've gotten myself a unit too!

thomastansb
24-01-13, 14:48
What is a Trio unit?

bargain hunter
24-01-13, 15:30
just another name that fraser now gives to its dual key units.

What is a Trio unit?

chiaberry
24-01-13, 16:24
Am going in a while to take a look :ashamed1:

Agent SMS me to say they are raising prices by 1% tomorrow.

luzman
24-01-13, 16:31
sure or not...better ask him to state black and white and if they don't, ask the agent to reduce 1% from his pocket

buttercarp
24-01-13, 16:38
What is a Trio unit?

It is a dual key unit.
It is slightly different from other development as the main unit has a universal room.
This room can be anything you like, ie it can be a bedroom, study or even a laundry room as it has water inlet and outlet for you to put the washer there.

sherlock
24-01-13, 16:46
So they are taking away the 1% for neighbouring buyers? BTW, the agent that was attending to me was from China! 跟我讲华语 hehe... I'm surprised FEO employs chinese FT as their sales :scared-1:

chiaberry
24-01-13, 17:07
So they are taking away the 1% for neighbouring buyers? BTW, the agent that was attending to me was from China! 跟我讲华语 hehe... I'm surprised FEO employs chinese FT as their sales :scared-1:

:scared-1:

My agent v. chio. Ex-SIA stewardess. Anybody interested in her contact PM me.

It's v. difficult to confirm if the reduction in discounts is genuine or not.

Having sold a good number of units, it's possible that they are reducing the discounts.

Me not vested.

bakasa2002
24-01-13, 20:58

They do employ quite a few of them. Go to a few more launches and you will see them around. ;)

bakasa2002
24-01-13, 20:59
:scared-1:

My agent v. chio. Ex-SIA stewardess. Anybody interested in her contact PM me.

It's v. difficult to confirm if the reduction in discounts is genuine or not.

Having sold a good number of units, it's possible that they are reducing the discounts.

Me not vested.

Wow ... Tempted ... I mean the agent ... :D

I do agree it is highly possible that they might just raise prices since they have cross 60% mark in one wkend, can always hold and wait to see who gets Parcel B a few months down the road...

kane
24-01-13, 21:42
this forum starting to have the sammyboy aura. from property to property agents??

when i was at watertown, i was served by a filippino.

it's typically that developer reduce the discount as the inventory moves. won't be surprised d leedon starts doing the same.

ken3147
25-01-13, 18:46
this forum starting to have the sammyboy aura. from property to property agents??

when i was at watertown, i was served by a filippino.

it's typically that developer reduce the discount as the inventory moves. won't be surprised d leedon starts doing the same.

I also want to buy but too bad poor man like me can vested into public condo "watercolor". Hopefully after MOP I can buy a pvt unit:banghead:

Dayfish
26-01-13, 19:36
Many people at the show flat today. Most of the units have already sold out.

hyenergix
26-01-13, 19:39
Many people at the show flat today. Most of the units have already sold out.

Seems like CM7 is starting to wear out - again.

Dayfish
26-01-13, 19:49
Somemore there are 6 stacks haven't release yet. Guess that developer plans to increase price if the demand is good.

Pikachu1245
26-01-13, 22:16

CM7 has served its purpose of slowing property price increase.

Believe it is not for 'crashing' the property market, otherwise it may end up like US sub-prime crisis and not good for anyone (owners/developers/main con/lawyers/architect/employees working in construction/bank/govt)......:2cents:

thechoi
28-01-13, 15:22
Anyone knows how many units have been sold so far?

Inn0cent
29-01-13, 11:52
http://news.asiaone.com/A1Business/News/Story/A1Story20130129-398545.html

Dayfish
29-01-13, 13:13
http://news.asiaone.com/A1Business/News/Story/A1Story20130129-398545.html

This news is published in "My Paper" today.

b13boy
29-01-13, 13:38
went over the weekend to check out the show flat
try to figure out seriously what is going on, how can this proj post CM7 can do so well

show room btw still crowded, still alot agents :ashamed1:
verandah 3 bedder 1119sqf at the show room was nicely done up, practical
like the extra window on the dining area
good room size
like the ID

price is definately not cheap...a good stack is asking for close to 1kpsf

dtrax
29-01-13, 13:53
Tampines GreenForest 4rm BTO beside QBay, price after grant only 1/3 of the price

Dayfish
29-01-13, 14:22
Tampines GreenForest 4rm BTO beside QBay, price after grant only 1/3 of the price

Agree. But not everyone is qualified for BTO...

GWS
29-01-13, 14:37
I studied the siteplan for Tampines Greenforest.

There will be a coffeeshop, shopping mart and two shop units within the BTO project.

This is on top of the two shop units that will be located within QBay itself.

What this means is simply better amenities for residents of Qbay and the Arc..

I choose to see this as good news actually :cheers5:

GWS
29-01-13, 14:43

And a Cherry QQ is 1/3 the price of a BMW too :doh:

bakasa2002
29-01-13, 14:47
went over the weekend to check out the show flat
try to figure out seriously what is going on, how can this proj post CM7 can do so well

show room btw still crowded, still alot agents :ashamed1:
verandah 3 bedder 1119sqf at the show room was nicely done up, practical
like the extra window on the dining area
good room size
like the ID

price is definately not cheap...a good stack is asking for close to 1kpsf

Quoted low floor stack 18 about 950psf for 3br verandah unit ... Not sure if still available. Can check that out if you are keen. :)

bakasa2002
29-01-13, 14:49
I studied the siteplan for Tampines Greenforest.

There will be a coffeeshop, shopping mart and two shop units within the BTO project.

This is on top of the two shop units that will be located within QBay itself.

What this means is simply better amenities for residents of Qbay and the Arc..

I choose to see this as good news actually :cheers5:

Where is this site plan for Tamp Greenforest? Interested to know more. :)

Is the Qbay shops serving non-residents? The amenities will grow and with the developement, but it remains to be seen if Parcel C & D will be triggered...

Superstar1
29-01-13, 14:54
And a Cherry QQ is 1/3 the price of a BMW too :doh:
LOL....funny but true at the same time

GWS
29-01-13, 14:55
Where is this site plan for Tamp Greenforest? Interested to know more. :)

Is the Qbay shops serving non-residents? The amenities will grow and with the developement, but it remains to be seen if Parcel C & D will be triggered...

Site plan can be found here: http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu01p.nsf/0/13JANBTOTAP_page_7823/$file/siteplan.htm

QBay shops are meant to serve only residents as they are located within the premises and beyond the guardhouse and hence non-residents won't be able to access the shops. This is in line with other condo projects with commercial units.

Parcels C & D are both slated for private condominium development so building up of amenities would be limited unless URA/HDB converts the current plots behind Parcels C & D to commercial use (it is reserved for residential use currently, most likely HDB BTOs), or more amenities are planned along with the build up of BTOs in the area.

Shadus
29-01-13, 15:17
How about across the big road on the quarry side. Am hoping they will spruce up that area into a proper park with eateries and more!

GWS
29-01-13, 15:27
How about across the big road on the quarry side. Am hoping they will spruce up that area into a proper park with eateries and more!

There were plans mooted in 2002-03 to transform the quarry into a park, but since then there was no further news. However my hunch is that it is a matter of time before the Quarry gets developed into a proper park. (Probably have to look out for the URA MasterPlan 2013)

Further up opposite Parcels B, C & D, the plot of land is slated to be developed for industrial use, most likely an extension of the Tampines Wafer Fab Park, which will be low-rise and very quiet/clean given the clean-room operating environment.

Dayfish
29-01-13, 15:41
There were plans mooted in 2002-03 to transform the quarry into a park, but since then there was no further news. However my hunch is that it is a matter of time before the Quarry gets developed into a proper park. (Probably have to look out for the URA MasterPlan 2013)

Further up opposite Parcels B, C & D, the plot of land is slated to be developed for industrial use, most likely an extension of the Tampines Wafer Fab Park, which will be low-rise and very quiet/clean given the clean-room operating environment.

You really did a lot of studies on this area! Good job!!!

Rysk
29-01-13, 15:46

Sembawang FH terrace $3-mio.. 3km away across the Strait of Johor Permas Jaya Semi-D RM1.5-mio.. which is 600k.. only 1/5 of the price.. don't even need grant :D

GWS
29-01-13, 15:51
You really did a lot of studies on this area! Good job!!!

Haha, no I just read things off the net..

Reason why I vested into QBay is that I felt there is still potential upside given that:
1. surrounding area will be developed with more residential projects in the pipeline
2. Quarry development plans not yet announced
3. One of the few private condo sites in Tampines (Tampines is already quite built up and the only areas left untouched are the stretch along Avenue 10)
4. Location-wise, it is just a short 5 mins drive or 15 mins public transport ride from the town centre, but yet far enough from the hustle and bustle of the town centre
5. The tranquility is guaranteed by the fact that opposite it is the quarry and industrial site which will be quiet during weekends and at night

Comparing Qbay with for e.g. La Fiesta, I feel La Fiesta is overpriced, or rather, there is limited potential for upside as all the conveniences (near mrt, near shopping center etc) already has been factored into the price and with no further land for future development the only upside potential is when it rises along with the general market.

eng81157
29-01-13, 15:55
Sembawang FH terrace $3-mio.. 3km away across the Strait of Johor Permas Jaya Semi-D RM1.5-mio.. which is 600k.. only 1/5 of the price.. don't even need grant :D

in sembawang, burglars take off with cash, jewellery, valuables
in johor, burglars take off with everything, including the front gates

GWS
29-01-13, 17:22

Ok, just checked out the Population White Paper, seems like there are plans to build park connectors Bedok Reservoir to Pasir Ris Park stretching along Tampines Avenue 10 by 2030, so my guess is that the quarry will be developed alongside.

GWS
30-01-13, 12:04
Anyone knows how many units have been sold so far?

Yesterday night I passed by the showroom en route for dinner and decided to just drop in and check out the sales.

From what I can remember most released stacks are fully sold.

Stack 38 (pool-facing 3-bedder Trio units) fully sold.

Stack 36 (quarry-facing 3-bedder Trio units) left only 4 units - levels 6, 9, 14 & 15 if I am not wrong.

Paid particular attention to these two stacks as I had wanted to purchase a 3-bedder Trio unit and found these two stacks to be the best.

In the end I went for Stack 36 as it is the only 3-bedder Trio stack that is quarry-facing, the rest are all pool-facing.

b13boy
30-01-13, 13:12
In the end I went for Stack 36 as it is the only 3-bedder Trio stack that is quarry-facing, the rest are all pool-facing.

quarry facing need high floor....
btw....they highway noise can tahan or not?

b13boy
30-01-13, 13:17
abit of buffer zone...

GWS
30-01-13, 13:49
quarry facing need high floor....
btw....they highway noise can tahan or not?

From what I can see, the distance from the road is pretty ok, and they will be planting quite a number of trees to buffer the noise coming through..according to the agent that was exactly the reason why they built the two tennis courts near the junction of Ave 10.

Also, I got a pretty high floor so that should mitigate should there really be any noise.

chiaberry
30-01-13, 13:55
From what I can see, the distance from the road is pretty ok, and they will be planting quite a number of trees to buffer the noise coming through..according to the agent that was exactly the reason why they built the two tennis courts near the junction of Ave 10.

Also, I got a pretty high floor so that should mitigate should there really be any noise.

High floor doesn't help to mitigate the noise. There was a discussion on this previously and forum members put forward some physics to explain this.

Congrats on your purchase though. I was also eyeing TRIO in block 36 but already have quite a long position on SG property so decided to give it a miss. Diverting funds elsewhere for now.

GWS
30-01-13, 14:03
High floor doesn't help to mitigate the noise. There was a discussion on this previously and forum members put forward some physics to explain this.

oh ok, that's something new to me. if possible can you kindly share the link if you have it so that I can read up as well?

anyway, I guess I won't be around during the period when the traffic is heavy so I guess that's ok.

Ilikeu
30-01-13, 14:47
Comparing Qbay with for e.g. La Fiesta, I feel La Fiesta is overpriced, or rather, there is limited potential for upside as all the conveniences (near mrt, near shopping center etc) already has been factored into the price and with no further land for future development the only upside potential is when it rises along with the general market.

My opinion differ from yours (on your last para). Indeed the conveniences (especially the shopping centre and MRT) are factored into the price for La Fiesta but you only get one MRT in that vicinity. Likewise, the "lack" of conveniences for Qbay is factored into the price as well. While the other conveniences can be built up relatively easier, but an MRT station is the difference.

No further land for future development may even push the prices up in bigger quantum than those sites with many empty land parcels. The recent land sales (for those with very few surrounding empty land available) had attracted intense biddings from the developers due to pent-up demand in those areas.

IMO, the price gap will be maintained for one that is beside the MRT and one which requires a ride to the MRT station.

Tek888
30-01-13, 15:17
if buy for own stay, lesser future developments is good. Less noise, dust, road diversions, etc

GWS
30-01-13, 16:06
My opinion differ from yours (on your last para). Indeed the conveniences (especially the shopping centre and MRT) are factored into the price for La Fiesta but you only get one MRT in that vicinity. Likewise, the "lack" of conveniences for Qbay is factored into the price as well. While the other conveniences can be built up relatively easier, but an MRT station is the difference.

No further land for future development may even push the prices up in bigger quantum than those sites with many empty land parcels. The recent land sales (for those with very few surrounding empty land available) had attracted intense biddings from the developers due to pent-up demand in those areas.

IMO, the price gap will be maintained for one that is beside the MRT and one which requires a ride to the MRT station.

Yep I agree with you that the lack of amenities would have been factored into the price for Qbay currently, and that's precisely why I think there is a higher potential upside because if and when further amenities are planned and announced, it would then serve as a factor to push up the price.

Also, note that the current low pricing of bat $1000 psf of QBay is partly a result of CM7, without which I reckon the pricing would be around $1100 psf, which is only -$100~ psf of La Fiesta's

Note in my original post I've not mentioned anything about whether the price gap between projects next to and those further away from MRT stations will be narrowed or maintained.

However it is not unimaginable that the projects in and around Tampines Ave 10 may overtake even that of La Fiesta in the future given:
1. future amenities are announced
2. lack of condos in tampines
3. Qbay is much better connected in terms of access to major roads/expressways
4. tampines is and will continue to be a self sufficient regional center for the east, whereas sengkang is a true blue heartland residential district with limited development potential

Personally, I think the price premium for projects next to an MRT station will be a passing trend in the middle to long term given the expansion of the MRT network. For now, convenience is something that is the trend now and commands a price premium, perhaps going forward exclusiveness will become the trend and then projects that are not located right next to the epicenter of activity may attract more attention?

Anyway, I guess there aren't any right or wrongs, it's all just different products catering to different needs and wants.

Shanhz
31-01-13, 07:12
oh ok, that's something new to me. if possible can you kindly share the link if you have it so that I can read up as well?

anyway, I guess I won't be around during the period when the traffic is heavy so I guess that's ok.

just do a search on noise travels upwards.

sleeping lamb
31-01-13, 07:56
Yep I agree with you that the lack of amenities would have been factored into the price for Qbay currently, and that's precisely why I think there is a higher potential upside because if and when further amenities are planned and announced, it would then serve as a factor to push up the price.

Also, note that the current low pricing of bat $1000 psf of QBay is partly a result of CM7, without which I reckon the pricing would be around $1100 psf, which is only -$100~ psf of La Fiesta's

Note in my original post I've not mentioned anything about whether the price gap between projects next to and those further away from MRT stations will be narrowed or maintained.

However it is not unimaginable that the projects in and around Tampines Ave 10 may overtake even that of La Fiesta in the future given:
4. tampines is and will continue to be a self sufficient regional center for the east, whereas sengkang is a true blue heartland residential district with limited development potential

Personally, I think the price premium for projects next to an MRT station will be a passing trend in the middle to long term given the expansion of the MRT network. For now, convenience is something that is the trend now and commands a price premium, perhaps going forward exclusiveness will become the trend and then projects that are not located right next to the epicenter of activity may attract more attention?

Anyway, I guess there aren't any right or wrongs, it's all just different products catering to different needs and wants. A well-balanced view :) Loads of potential here but the only downside is that the nearest MRT stn -Tamp West - is not walkable.

GWS
31-01-13, 08:22
just do a search on noise travels upwards.

ok thanks, just read up..you are right that sound does travel upwards.

Now only question is how high before the sound dissipates?

Would levels 10 and above suffice?

GWS
31-01-13, 08:31
A well-balanced view :) Loads of potential here but the only downside is that the nearest MRT stn -Tamp West - is not walkable.

Yea it is not walkable...previously I had thought it was walkable but when I drove past i realised it is basically the entire campus length of TP and slightly more!

However, good news is that being a straight road, one can hop onto any bus that comes along and reach the station within minutes given the short distance. With the number of buses serving that road I reckon waiting time shouldn't take very long.

Compare this with Archipelago where it is some distance away from the upcoming MRT also. The distance is slightly shorter (about ~900m away) but due to the traffic flow there is no bus that can take one from Archipelago to the train station and back.

So question is, would one prefer walking ~900m?, or taking a quick/short bus journey of ~1.5km with minimal waiting time?

I guess especially for ladies who wear heels to work, the answer is obvious. :D

Tek888
31-01-13, 09:45
A well-balanced view :) Loads of potential here but the only downside is that the nearest MRT stn -Tamp West - is not walkable.

I did a linear distance measure with Onemap and it is ~1.4km to the future Tampines West station. Too far to walk.;)

thechoi
31-01-13, 12:56
I used to walk that road from Blk 895( opp Temasek Poly) to Safra during my Sec school days. Last month, after 20 over years, i walk this road again and it is still a breeze to me. However it a fine day when i walk and i am not wearing heels... :)

bakasa2002
31-01-13, 14:11

Anyway, I guess there aren't any right or wrongs, it's all just different products catering to different needs and wants.

Nice breakdown of the pros n cons but having said that, Qbay is one of the better designed project for own stay and price correctly (thks to CM7). At least you don't have 800+ units in this plot. :)

Congrats on yr purchase. Just curious, are you a 1st timer or upgrader? :)

GWS
31-01-13, 14:21
Nice breakdown of the pros n cons but having said that, Qbay is one of the better designed project for own stay and price correctly (thks to CM7). At least you don't have 800+ units in this plot. :)

Congrats on yr purchase. Just curious, are you a 1st timer or upgrader? :)

Yep am glad it's not a mega-huge development like 800-900 units...but anyway the plot ratio for the land wouldn't have allowed it, unless the project consists of only MMs :scared-4:

And yes I do love the layout, especially the 3-bedder Trio:
1. small balcony (smallest balcony I've seen in a recently launched project so far!)
2. small kitchen (i hardly cook) - the kitchen is essentially a small square with 3 sides being sinks, gas stove and fridge etc and one side the door, and if you "open up" the three sides it is actually as long as a typical wet/dry kitchen...supper efficient use of space IMO
3. huge utility room with two windows (am thinking of converting it into a study - in fact it is bigger than the study in the 2+ study unit!)
4. dedicated kitchen for studio room
5. All rooms face the same orientation (for e.g. if you bought a pool view unit all rooms will have pool views)
6. No odd shapes, very squarish
7. No planters, bay windows, bomb shelters
8. No long foyers/corridors

I'm a first timer, but have been looking around for some time and the only other project that I felt is a good buy is Flamingo Valley, but too bad by the time I started househunting there were not many units left and none of the remaining units caught my eye.

GWS
31-01-13, 14:32
http://qbay.eastcoast.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/floorplan-03-bedroom-trio.png

zeamybro
31-01-13, 23:09
Yea it is not walkable...previously I had thought it was walkable but when I drove past i realised it is basically the entire campus length of TP and slightly more!

However, good news is that being a straight road, one can hop onto any bus that comes along and reach the station within minutes given the short distance. With the number of buses serving that road I reckon waiting time shouldn't take very long.

Compare this with Archipelago where it is some distance away from the upcoming MRT also. The distance is slightly shorter (about ~900m away) but due to the traffic flow there is no bus that can take one from Archipelago to the train station and back.

So question is, would one prefer walking ~900m?, or taking a quick/short bus journey of ~1.5km with minimal waiting time?

I guess especially for ladies who wear heels to work, the answer is obvious. :D

Archipelago is only 355m from the project main entrance to the future MRT.

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=269704&postcount=373

Anyway congrats on your new purchase. Qbay is a nice project. Stacks are generously spaced out :o

GWS
01-02-13, 00:38
Archipelago is only 355m from the project main entrance to the future MRT.

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=269704&postcount=373

Anyway congrats on your new purchase. Qbay is a nice project. Stacks are generously spaced out :o

Thank you :)

Wrt to the walking distance of Archipelago to the future Bedok North MRT Station, I think 355m is an underestimation as it is the straight-line distance.

I did a quick check on Google Maps and found the actual walking distance to be ~600m thereabouts.

One would have to cross the road towards blocks 700+ of Bedok Res past the two primary schools (Damai and Bedok West) towards the overhead bridge connecting to blocks 600+ of Bedok Res (note that the Bedok Reservoir Exit of PIE separates blocks 600+ and 700+ of Bedok Res and just along that exit is where the Bedok North MRT Station will be).

I reckon it would be a 8-10 min walk.

I used to live around the area (heck one of those two primary schools is my alma mater!) and had to make the daily pilgrimage from blocks 600+ to school.

If I may make a comparison, this would be almost the same scenario for Eu Habitat / Tropika East and the upcoming Kaki Bukit MRT Station in that:
1. approximate walking distance is similar
2. have to "bash through" opposite HDB blocks to reach
3. no other option besides walking - no direct bus route from project to MRT station

Gotta clarify that I'm in no way bashing other projects (so for everyone and anyone who bought these other projects, no offence please - I feel that they have their own pros too).

Am only making a comparison vs other projects which are touted to be within walking distance from MRT Stations and how Qbay being slightly further away from the MRT station might even be a better proposition given the convenience of the bus network plying the routes between the project and the MRT station.

IMO I would rather have a bus stop at my doorstep whereby I can take any of the buses that arrives and reach the MRT within 5 mins (making my total waiting + travelling time about 8 mins max?) rather than having to walk 600m to an MRT station with no shelter/aircon and subject myself to the elements. The amount of time spent is the similar but the comfort level varies.

And yes I know I probably sound very lazy :spliff:

zeamybro
01-02-13, 00:49
Thank you :)

Wrt to the walking distance of Archipelago to the future Bedok North MRT Station, I think 355m is an underestimation as it is the straight-line distance.

I did a quick check on Google Maps and found the actual walking distance to be ~600m thereabouts.

One would have to cross the road towards blocks 700+ of Bedok Res past the two primary schools (Damai and Bedok West) towards the overhead bridge connecting to blocks 600+ of Bedok Res (note that the Bedok Reservoir Exit of PIE separates blocks 600+ and 700+ of Bedok Res and just along that exit is where the Bedok North MRT Station will be).

I reckon it would be a 8-10 min walk.

I used to live around the area (heck one of those two primary schools is my alma mater!) and had to make the daily pilgrimage from blocks 600+ to school.

If I may make a comparison, this would be almost the same scenario for Eu Habitat / Tropika East and the upcoming Kaki Bukit MRT Station in that:
1. approximate walking distance is similar
2. have to "bash through" opposite HDB blocks to reach
3. no other option besides walking - no direct bus route from project to MRT station

Gotta clarify that I'm in no way bashing other projects (so for everyone and anyone who bought these other projects, no offence please - I feel that they have their own pros too).

Am only making a comparison vs other projects which are touted to be within walking distance from MRT Stations and how Qbay being slightly further away from the MRT station might even be a better proposition given the convenience of the bus network plying the routes between the project and the MRT station.

IMO I would rather have a bus stop at my doorstep whereby I can take any of the buses that arrives and reach the MRT within 5 mins (making my total waiting + travelling time about 8 mins max?) rather than having to walk 600m to an MRT station with no shelter/aircon and subject myself to the elements. The amount of time spent is the similar but the comfort level varies.

And yes I know I probably sound very lazy :spliff:

The straight line is a walkable path. I tried taking the path once it took me about 5min at normal pace. No need to cross the overhead bridge becos there is one entrance at each side of the road :ashamed1:

Even if u take the super detour route walking along the main road it's still less than 500m

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=269696&postcount=372

There are at least 8 bus services at the bus stop directly outside archi bringing u to Bedok reservoir mrt station at baywater

zeamybro
01-02-13, 08:05
GWS

FYI, there will be a tunnel with side-gate that opens up directly to the bus-stop outside Archi. A few steps away is a pedestarian crossing leading you to the opp bus-stop. Both bus-stops are served by 10 bus-services as of today (direct buses to Kaki Bukit MRT or Bedok Reservoir MRT). The bus-stop itself is <400m walk to the Bedok Town Park MRT.

I have personally done a trial walk myself before committing and the path to the future MRT is really quite a direct and unblocked one. Even if you were to take the longer routes ie. walking along the perimeters of the 2 pri schs or walk along the bedok north road, the distance is still 400++ metres. Anyway, the selling point of Archi was never on the MRT, but the amenities, supermarkets and being nested within the reservoir park etc

Since this is a Qbay thread, I apologise for digressing too much (I just thought some claims on Archi were not that accurate so decided to clarify, hope u dont mind :ashamed1: ).

I read your analysis on Qbay and indeed, I am indeed impressed you have done your homework and finally concluded Qbay is the right choice for you! At the price of sub $1k psf, i dont think it can go too wrong as I see there is a great growth potential in that area :p. If there is a MRT within walking distance, developer probably wouldnt be selling at this price. By the way, you mentioned there will be a bus-stop 'at your doorstep' outside QBay .... is there going to be a new bus-stop?

microhdb
01-02-13, 08:36
http://qbay.eastcoast.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/floorplan-03-bedroom-trio.png

Unfortunately condo layout is always the worst because no airflow, you only got incoming from top and no way for air to go out, so you got to on the air con every night, if you cook then kitchen worse :simmering:

HDB airflow is better because always got in and out (living room to kitchen for 3-room) and sometimes in-out from 3 sides (> 4-room)

Less units means higher maintenance fee...

The 2030 plan showed opposite land belongs to HDB (including the quarry) so sooner or later BTO flats will be there, and no more quarry view (you can't view it anyway, because its facing the west sun, that's why they arrange it to be north-south facing)

It seems to me that in future its better to stay in HDB because 80% of flats will be around MRT, which by 2030 a car may cost $200k (for 10 years :doh: )... unless of course you can afford to stay in condo for life...:cheers4:

GWS
01-02-13, 08:44
GWS

FYI, there will be a tunnel with side-gate that opens up directly to the bus-stop outside Archi. A few steps away is a pedestarian crossing leading you to the opp bus-stop. Both bus-stops are served by 10 bus-services as of today (direct buses to Kaki Bukit MRT or Bedok Reservoir MRT). The bus-stop itself is <400m walk to the Bedok Town Park MRT.

I have personally done a trial walk myself before committing and the path to the future MRT is really quite a direct and unblocked one. Even if you were to take the longer routes ie. walking along the perimeters of the 2 pri schs or walk along the bedok north road, the distance is still 400++ metres. Anyway, the selling point of Archi was never on the MRT, but the amenities, supermarkets and being nested within the reservoir park etc

Since this is a Qbay thread, I apologise for digressing too much (I just thought some claims on Archi were not that accurate so decided to clarify, hope u dont mind :ashamed1: ).

I read your analysis on Qbay and indeed, I am indeed impressed you have done your homework and finally concluded Qbay is the right choice for you! At the price of sub $1k psf, i dont think it can go too wrong as I see there is a great growth potential in that area :p. If there is a MRT within walking distance, developer probably wouldnt be selling at this price. By the way, you mentioned there will be a bus-stop 'at your doorstep' outside QBay .... is there going to be a new bus-stop?

bro, no worries for clarifying..the whole purpose of the forum is for discussion's sake yea? :cheers4:

anyway I do apologise if my posts had contained any inaccuracies, thanks for clearing it.

and yes there will be two new bus stops that will be built, one right at the entrance of Qbay along the to-be-constructed Tampines St 86, and another along Tampines Ave 10 (a side gate will be built there right where the bus stop is).

But the bus stop I was referring to all along is an existing bus stop right outside where The Arc @ Tampines will be (opposite Tropica).

GWS
01-02-13, 08:53
Unfortunately condo layout is always the worst because no airflow, you only got incoming from top and no way for air to go out, so you got to on the air con every night, if you cook then kitchen worse :simmering:

HDB airflow is better because always got in and out (living room to kitchen for 3-room) and sometimes in-out from 3 sides (> 4-room)

Less units means higher maintenance fee...

The 2030 plan showed opposite land belongs to HDB (including the quarry) so sooner or later BTO flats will be there, and no more quarry view (you can't view it anyway, because its facing the west sun, that's why they arrange it to be north-south facing)

It seems to me that in future its better to stay in HDB because 80% of flats will be around MRT, which by 2030 a car may cost $200k (for 10 years :doh: )... unless of course you can afford to stay in condo for life...:cheers4:

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you meant by the airflow of condo vs hdb..seems like nowadays hdb layouts are pretty similar? (Below is a floorplan for Tampines Greenforest for reference). :confused:

Also, the land use plan recently revealed by MND showed that the quarry-side land will all be light industrial use (purple colour) and not residential (orange colour). Due to the proximity to PLAB all the industrial buildings will be low-rise and hence I think unblocked view is almost guaranteed for high level units unless they shift the air base away.

However, the quarry will be maintained and while there are no explicit mention of any development plans, the map does show green outline of the quarry (green denotes parks etc) and also, there will be a park connector that will connect Bedok Res to Pasir Ris Park along the whole stretch of Tamp Ave 10.

http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu01p.nsf/0/13JANBTOYS_images_7823/$file/typical2.gif

zeamybro
01-02-13, 09:12
bro, no worries for clarifying..the whole purpose of the forum is for discussion's sake yea? :cheers4:

anyway I do apologise if my posts had contained any inaccuracies, thanks for clearing it.

and yes there will be two new bus stops that will be built, one right at the entrance of Qbay along the to-be-constructed Tampines St 86, and another along Tampines Ave 10 (a side gate will be built there right where the bus stop is).

But the bus stop I was referring to all along is an existing bus stop right outside where The Arc @ Tampines will be (opposite Tropica).

Wow cool ..... the place would be even more lively with the upcoming BTO and amenities :cheers4: . If Qbay huat, Wv and Tropica also huat, and Archi also huat .... all around the vicinity :cheers5:

We have quite a number of easterners in the forum, and over time, some of us have actually forged v meaningful friendships. Glad that you join the forum and hope to see more sharings from you :D

GWS
01-02-13, 09:26
Wow cool ..... the place would be even more lively with the upcoming BTO and amenities :cheers4: . If Qbay huat, Wv and Tropica also huat, and Archi also huat .... all around the vicinity :cheers5:

We have quite a number of easterners in the forum, and over time, some of us have actually forged v meaningful friendships. Glad that you join the forum and hope to see more sharings from you :D

Haha actually the commercial area beside Archi has really good potential...with all the condos TOP-ing soon I think the government should step in and transform that area into a lifestyle hub...like childcare centres, cafes/bistros, pet shops etc.

As for QBay I also hope that there will be more amenities but so far this only remains as hopes...the one confirmation thus far is that Tampines Greenforest will have a supermarket, eating house and 2 shop units, nothing compared to the commercial area besides Archi. :doh:

Inn0cent
04-02-13, 10:13
Anyone signing the S&P soon?

sgp_condo
04-02-13, 11:03
Anyone signing the S&P soon?

Yesterday was quoted 2 rm 797sqft for 823k at 20% discount from list price, exclude ABSD.

Dayfish
04-02-13, 13:05
Yesterday was quoted 2 rm 797sqft for 823k at 20% discount from list price, exclude ABSD.

Is this high floor and good facing?

chiaberry
04-02-13, 13:12

The discount was 21% when I viewed the show flat a few weeks ago. The have reduced the discount by 1% as previously discussed.

azeoprop
04-02-13, 13:25
Then boycott and wait for the next project or bang table and demand the same preview discounts. :rolleyes:

chiaberry
04-02-13, 13:28
Yup, those with financial means to purchase can try to get a better deal in this project. Agents still sending SMS to me to go down. :sleep:

sgp_condo
04-02-13, 18:37
Is this high floor and good facing?

Unit 08-04. consider good layout. non pool facing.

azeoprop
04-02-13, 19:20
This price can get a 2+ study at H2O residences in sengkang with direct LRT access and seletar mall just 1 stop away.

:beats-me-man:

fiat500
04-02-13, 22:48
This price can get a 2+ study at H2O residences in sengkang with direct LRT access and seletar mall just 1 stop away.

:beats-me-man:
Prices in sengkang is still lower than tampines ..

leesg123
06-02-13, 21:28
anyone know the size of the studio unit inside the TRIO showroom?

bargain hunter
07-02-13, 19:25
Q Bay - the joint development by Frasers Centrepoint, Far East Organization and Sekisui House - at Tampines sold just 10 units at the weekend, bringing the total to 382 out of 630 units.

Prices for some units have been increased by 1 per cent to 2 per cent over the weekend, depending on their outlook and size, said a Frasers Centrepoint spokesman.

The average price of $985 per sq ft (psf) at the preview launch two weeks ago has risen to about $1,000 psf. However no additional incentives have been rolled out on top of the 5 per cent to 7 per cent discount already offered to mitigate the new additional buyer's stamp duty.

fiat500
07-02-13, 19:28
anyone know the size of the studio unit inside the TRIO showroom?
I was told about 300sq ft..

leesg123
17-02-13, 21:18
I was told about 300sq ft..Agent told me about 1xx sqft.

phantom_opera
22-02-13, 12:51
Still can find a 2br at 7xxk .... :cheers4: 1br 11xxpsf

Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 793,870 797 Strata 997 Jan-13

===================================

Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 1,183,320 1,163 Strata 1,018 Feb-13
Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 1,001,000 1,119 Strata 894 Feb-13
Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 830,830 904 Strata 919 Feb-13
Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 589,050 517 Strata 1,140 Feb-13
Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 1,143,450 1,163 Strata 984 Feb-13

Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 569,800 517 Strata 1,103 Jan-13
Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 918,610 883 Strata 1,041 Jan-13

leesg123
22-02-13, 16:29
Very good price! 894psf! Will affect waterview subsale, resale.

Still can find a 2br at 7xxk .... :cheers4: 1br 11xxpsf

Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 793,870 797 Strata 997 Jan-13

===================================

Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 1,183,320 1,163 Strata 1,018 Feb-13
Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 1,001,000 1,119 Strata 894 Feb-13
Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 830,830 904 Strata 919 Feb-13
Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 589,050 517 Strata 1,140 Feb-13
Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 1,143,450 1,163 Strata 984 Feb-13

Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 569,800 517 Strata 1,103 Jan-13
Q BAY RESIDENCES TAMPINES STREET 86 Condominium 1 918,610 883 Strata 1,041 Jan-13

Sam88
23-02-13, 15:39
Agent told me about 1xx sqft.

got toilet leh.

nickq
15-03-13, 17:41
Something interesting to read about the feng shui in Q Bay:

http://www.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=43&mid=32386&s=3

nickq
31-03-13, 00:28
Any news on q bay? Should be going to start constructing le right.

missotah
31-03-13, 22:08
Something interesting to read about the feng shui in Q Bay:

http://www.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=43&mid=32386&s=3

dun understand, very chim, so good or not good the fengshui?

nickq
01-04-13, 23:59
dun understand, very chim, so good or not good the fengshui?

Seems like not recommended to buy low floor.

radha08
05-04-13, 14:14
A friend of mine just bought a property at this devt...she chose it over D-nest...cheers....to her future and happiness:cheers5:

My advice to her was dont care where and why and how just BUY spore property if u can afford....NO HORSE RUN one....:D:D:D

Good house
05-04-13, 14:56
Seems like not recommended to buy low floor.

Patio unit is good, just need to avoid or shield from the feng shui poison arrow

nickq
16-04-13, 10:55
As of March 2013:

No. of units: 630
No. of units sold to-date: 463 (73.49%)
No. of units unsold: 167 (26.51%)

Dayfish
22-05-13, 21:46
Has the construction of Qbay started?

nickq
24-05-13, 17:44
Has the construction of Qbay started?

Construction have started since April. Foundation phase right now.

nickq
24-05-13, 17:47
As of April 2013:

No. of units sold to-date: 477 (75.71%)
No. of units unsold: 153 (24.29%)

Its sales is moving very slowly...

Dayfish
24-05-13, 20:30
Construction have started since April. Foundation phase right now.

Thanks for your updates. Long time didn't go there to see.

hutsutau
24-05-13, 20:33
As of March 2013:

No. of units sold to-date: 463 (73.49%)
No. of units unsold: 167 (26.51%)

any latest update? any units returned to developer?

nickq
24-05-13, 23:47
any latest update? any units returned to developer?

15 sold last month, only 1 return.

nickq
24-05-13, 23:50
Thanks for your updates. Long time didn't go there to see.

Which stack are you at? I'm at stack 1.

Dayfish
25-05-13, 08:56
Which stack are you at? I'm at stack 1.

Mine is stack 32.

Superstar1
25-05-13, 14:25
Mine is stack 32.
Me too, I'm at stack 32

Dayfish
25-05-13, 15:36
Me too, I'm at stack 32

Is it? What a coincidence!:)

Superstar1
25-05-13, 17:11
Is it? What a coincidence!:)
Yeah, good to know future neighbours. I've got my unit during VIP launch you?

Dayfish
25-05-13, 18:10
Yeah, good to know future neighbours. I've got my unit during VIP launch you?
Yes, I was there on that day!

nickq
17-06-13, 23:19
As of May 2013:

No. of units sold to-date: 491 (77.37%)
No. of units unsold: 139 (22.63%)
No. of units sold in May 2013: 14

nickq
18-06-13, 00:17
http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/Library/images/constructionprogress/QBay_May_2013.png

Taken from http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/contentview.aspx?article_id=12

Foundation phase still.

nickq
24-06-13, 00:06
Pictures taken on 21 June 2013:

Construction progress: Foundation phase
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97919146@N03/9116035723/

Information on the construction:
http://flic.kr/p/eTy5rt

nickq
24-06-13, 00:18
Pictures taken on 21 June 2013.

Construction in progress:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5498/9116035723_bd93e19523.jpg

Information on the construction:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2812/9116037797_3e77a4434c.jpg

nickq
24-06-13, 00:22
Pictures taken on 21 June 2013:

not very clear but can see one bedroom all sold out:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7362/9118264310_e93571cd15.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3665/9118266472_e606848426.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7362/9116033293_1b40cf7c75.jpg

Notice that Stack 26, 27, 28 & 29 is not released for sale yet.

thechoi
30-06-13, 15:29
Hi, may i know if any of the Qbayer made any request to the developer to remove carpentry work, change of floor tiles and etc? May i know the contact for these request? Thanks in advance!

nickq
01-07-13, 00:45
Hi, may i know if any of the Qbayer made any request to the developer to remove carpentry work, change of floor tiles and etc? May i know the contact for these request? Thanks in advance!

Try email to [email protected] and [email protected]

nickq
16-07-13, 18:56
The Land Parcel B besides Q Bay received 10 bids, with the highest bid by MCC Land for $6049.41 psm.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2013/pr13-42a.pdf

Compared to the amount FEO, FCL and SH paid for Q Bay: $4497.81 psm.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2012/pr12-50a.pdf

Huat ah!

Superstar1
16-07-13, 21:26
The Land Parcel B besides Q Bay received 10 bids, with the highest bid by MCC Land for $6049.41 psm.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2013/pr13-42a.pdf

Compared to the amount FEO, FCL and SH paid for Q Bay: $4497.81 psm.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2012/pr12-50a.pdf

Huat ah!

Wow! Great news

jbtay
27-07-13, 19:26
Pics by EastGuy, Desquire & Team taken from Tropica this morning, whilst capturing WaterView, our lovely baby in all its splendor.
Congrats to all our Qbay neighbours from WaterView.:D

nickq
28-07-13, 10:10
Pics by EastGuy, Desquire & Team taken from Tropica this morning, whilst capturing WaterView, our lovely baby in all its splendor.
Congrats to all our Qbay neighbours from WaterView.:D

Wah nice pictures. Can't wait for our Q Bay baby to grow up. Waterview and Q Bay all huat together! :)

thechoi
28-07-13, 21:16
Try email to [email protected] and [email protected]

Sigh, Qbay do not accept request for change of flr tiles... below is their reply.

"We will not be able to accede to any request regarding change of floortiles. We will also not be able to omit the tiles as it is a TOPrequirement for all finishes to be in place. Buyers will have tochange the tiles at their own cost after taking vacant possession."

nickq
29-07-13, 08:55
Sigh, Qbay do not accept request for change of flr tiles... below is their reply.

"We will not be able to accede to any request regarding change of floortiles. We will also not be able to omit the tiles as it is a TOPrequirement for all finishes to be in place. Buyers will have tochange the tiles at their own cost after taking vacant possession."

Same. They rejected my request to change sanitary fittings as well. I guess it's normal for developer to reject these kind of changes?

Superstar1
29-07-13, 22:07
Same. They rejected my request to change sanitary fittings as well. I guess it's normal for developer to reject these kind of changes?
Yup sent request via lawyer but nil reply from them so far

nickq
30-07-13, 18:27
Yup sent request via lawyer but nil reply from them so far

Is your lawyer firm located at tpy?

Superstar1
30-07-13, 20:39
Is your lawyer firm located at tpy?
Yes it is, am using lawhub

nickq
30-07-13, 23:23
Yes it is, am using lawhub

im using another law firm, they totally ignored my email as well. So i emailed developer instead, but got rejected. :(

thechoi
31-07-13, 14:12
Waterview allow us to omit cabinet, change floor tiles (cost offset or paid by us), build carbines behind bathroom mirror and etc. Faser a little too rigid

nickq
09-08-13, 02:39
Dear all,

I have created a Facebook page for Q Bay Residents. If you have purchased a unit at Q Bay, please go and like this Facebook page :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Q-Bay-Residents/152716918258452

Let's wait patiently (29 more months to go) till Q Bay's TOP!

rebsi
12-08-13, 14:23
Dear all,

I have created a Facebook page for Q Bay Residents. If you have purchased a unit at Q Bay, please go and like this Facebook page :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Q-Bay-Residents/152716918258452

Let's wait patiently (29 more months to go) till Q Bay's TOP!

Hi. Thought TOP is 2017 which is more than 29 months ?

nickq
13-08-13, 10:51
Hi. Thought TOP is 2017 which is more than 29 months ?

KSH was awarded the contract to build Q Bay within 33 months. The construction started in April this year so we can expect TOP around 1Q2016.

rebsi
13-08-13, 13:00
KSH was awarded the contract to build Q Bay within 33 months. The construction started in April this year so we can expect TOP around 1Q2016.
:) oh. I thought another contractor will move in to do the interiors such as cabinets etc and KSH will just be solely in charge of the bricks and mortars.

nickq
13-08-13, 19:53
:) oh. I thought another contractor will move in to do the interiors such as cabinets etc and KSH will just be solely in charge of the bricks and mortars.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think KSH is supposed to do everything, including the cabinets and fitting, landscaping, swimming pools and etc.

Adva181
13-08-13, 20:22
KSH is main contractor. Overall managing the project site.
All the works such as laying bricks n block will be sub to one sub con by Ksh, den landscape by other sub con and interior by another n so on.
Ksh will be responsible to coordinate all the sub con to ensure quality n timely delivery by TOP.

rebsi
13-08-13, 20:36
KSH is main contractor. Overall managing the project site.
All the works such as laying bricks n block will be sub to one sub con by Ksh, den landscape by other sub con and interior by another n so on.
Ksh will be responsible to coordinate all the sub con to ensure quality n timely delivery by TOP.

Oh great to hear! Anyone has received request for first payment already?

nickq
13-08-13, 21:11
Oh great to hear! Anyone has received request for first payment already?

I doubt will be so soon. Maybe end of the year or start of next year?

nickq
15-08-13, 22:31
As of July 2013:

No. of units sold to-date: 527 (83.65%)
No. of units unsold: 103 (16.35%)
No. of units sold in July: 13

Finally all stacks are released to public. Counting down to 100% sold!

nickq
20-08-13, 20:31
Received a sms when i was overseas:

Dear Q Bay Customer,

We are hosting a buyers event night on 23/08/13 from 6:30pm - 8:30pm. Please register your RSVP with me @ HP: 92222199. The closing date for the RSVP will be tomorrow 18/08/13.

Anyone going for this?

Dayfish
20-08-13, 20:41

Dear Q Bay Customer,

We are hosting a buyers event night on 23/08/13 from 6:30pm - 8:30pm. Please register your RSVP with me @ HP: 92222199. The closing date for the RSVP will be tomorrow 18/08/13.

Anyone going for this?
Not aware on this.

rebsi
20-08-13, 20:56

Dear Q Bay Customer,

Anyone going for this?

Might be scam? Or promo event for other projects,

Dayfish
20-08-13, 21:00
Might be scam? Or promo event for other projects,
Dunno. Let's see if other Qbay owners got receive this kind of message.

Superstar1
20-08-13, 21:08
Dunno. Let's see if other Qbay owners got receive this kind of message.
Nope did not receive any such msg

nickq
20-08-13, 22:20
Nope did not receive any such msg

Is it because I brought directly from FEO and got myself registered at http://myfareasthome.com.sg/en.aspx ?

thechoi
21-08-13, 09:34
I did not receive it too. Might be from the agent, don't think it the developer cos developer will contact all buyer.

nickq
22-08-13, 18:12
I did not receive it too. Might be from the agent, don't think it the developer cos developer will contact all buyer.

I think it's by FEO agent. Anyway anyone interested to go?

nickq
23-08-13, 20:21
Just came back from the free dinner event. Here are some of things I managed to find out:

1) The showflat will be closed for one month as foundation works is going to begin near the suites side. They will reopen the showflat after the renovation is done.

2) They managed to sell off some more units. As of today only left 94 units.

3) Ceiling height is 2.95m.

4) All pull-out cupboards have soft closing mechanism.

5) The food provided is nice :D

rebsi
24-08-13, 11:51
Just came back from the free dinner event. Here are some of things I managed to find out:

1) The showflat will be closed for one month as foundation works is going to begin near the suites side. They will reopen the showflat after the renovation is done.

2) They managed to sell off some more units. As of today only left 94 units.

3) Ceiling height is 2.95m.

4) All pull-out cupboards have soft closing mechanism.

5) The food provided is nice :D

great! so now it is about 85% sold
Btw, Is 2.95m industry standard for condo?

Superstar1
24-08-13, 12:44
great! so now it is about 85% sold
Btw, Is 2.95m industry standard for condo?
2.8 to 2.9 is the norm

phantom_opera
24-08-13, 14:48
1br all sold out according to ad today ... left with 2br

this is a nice project for own stay for those driving and working at the East imo

nickq
30-08-13, 07:37
Great news! Quarry Park will be developed!

http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/tampines-north-green-shoot-tampines-town#inside

kEN9170
30-08-13, 08:03

http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/tampines-north-green-shoot-tampines-town#inside

Not the existing Quarry.

benpunggol
30-08-13, 10:29

Sorry Bro, not the quarry near Q-bay.

Renzy
30-08-13, 10:47
Hello neighbours!

I'm at stack 23. Been following some of the comments here for a while now.

Bro Nickq, thanks for sharing about the dinner that you went too. No one invited the rest of us it seems. haha. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the ceiling height will be 2.95m! When I viewed the showflat earlier this year, some agents were telling me it was 2.7m. D

Read the news about the new quarry park for tampines north. It is confusing. See attached map. From the map, this "quarry park" cannot be the existing tampines quarry.

Read also http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/59C49C5CADB16CA048257BD6002D8A64?OpenDocument

It is still unclear whether the current quarry will be developed. Lets all hope so. There is no reason not to develop it.:cheers5: :cheers5:

Mkoh
30-08-13, 11:29
I don't understand, the government is digging another Quarry for the quarry park instead of developing the one ops ours?

East Lover
30-08-13, 12:26
I think gov not ready to redevelop PLAB.... you can see all the buildings in the new town are still restricted at 16 floors...

if sand hill not ready to move, PLAB not ready to move, they can't open the current quarry to public and make it to a nice quarry park...:hell-hath-no-fury:

I don't understand, the government is digging another Quarry for the quarry park instead of developing the one ops ours?

chiaberry
30-08-13, 13:12
The place they are describing as "Tampines North" is between Sungei Api Api to the north and Sun Plaza Park to the South. Therefore it is that area north of Tampines Street 9. Not near Waterview and not near Q Bay. It is further north, almost to Pasir Ris. That's why they mentioned that it could link to Pasir Ris.

nickq
30-08-13, 13:40
The place they are describing as "Tampines North" is between Sungei Api Api to the north and Sun Plaza Park to the South. Therefore it is that area north of Tampines Street 9. Not near Waterview and not near Q Bay. It is further north, almost to Pasir Ris. That's why they mentioned that it could link to Pasir Ris.

Haha. Happy for nothing.

radha08
31-08-13, 10:09
Haha. Happy for nothing.

its good to be happy:D:D:D

nickq
09-09-13, 23:53
Taken on 9 September 2013.

Seems like they are building the 1st floor already?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1237171_159589377571206_1207022802_n.jpg

nickq
10-09-13, 00:15
Q Bay is 89% sold?

http://www.sgreference.com/news/4-things-people-look-buying-property.html

rebsi
10-09-13, 16:09
Q Bay is 89% sold?

http://www.sgreference.com/news/4-things-people-look-buying-property.html

Please show us the ura info that you always do. I tried but couldnt get the results.

rebsi
10-09-13, 16:15
Taken on 9 September 2013.

Seems like they are building the 1st floor already?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1237171_159589377571206_1207022802_n.jpg

Might be basement one since there are two underground:scared-2: parking levels

nickq
10-09-13, 19:09
Please show us the ura info that you always do. I tried but couldnt get the results.

The URA results will be out on the 15th. Got to wait for it.

nickq
16-09-13, 23:37
As of August 2013:

No. of units sold to-date: 541 (85.87%)
No. of units unsold: 89 (14.13%)
No. of units sold in August: 14

Not too bad consider that it was during the 7th month.

rebsi
17-09-13, 00:14
As of August 2013:

No. of units sold to-date: 541 (85.87%)
No. of units unsold: 89 (14.13%)
No. of units sold in August: 14

Not too bad consider that it was during the 7th month.

Quite consistent every month.

rebsi
19-09-13, 13:15
La fiesta have asked for first payment. Think QBAY and LF is just aorund 1 month apart. Anyone gotten request?

Superstar1
19-09-13, 15:58
La fiesta have asked for first payment. Think QBAY and LF is just aorund 1 month apart. Anyone gotten request?
Should b early next year

nickq
19-09-13, 17:39

From the pictures La Fiesta's foundation seems completed?

http://whatareyoudoingbooboo.blogspot.sg/2013/09/la-fiesta-construction-progress-21.html

Compared to our own progress I think we should receive letter soon too?

rebsi
20-09-13, 15:09
From the pictures La Fiesta's foundation seems completed?

http://whatareyoudoingbooboo.blogspot.sg/2013/09/la-fiesta-construction-progress-21.html

Compared to our own progress I think we should receive letter soon too?

maybe certain stacks.....think they start pilling the 4 bedders blocks first

nickq
23-09-13, 22:03
http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/Library/images/constructionprogress/QBay_August_2013.jpg

Picture from Frasers Centrepoint Homes. http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/contentview.aspx?article_id=12