PDA

View Full Version : your most unforgettable vacation is ...

auroraborealis
02-11-12, 09:53
*inspired by laguna bro's vacation thread & phantom bro's nepal trips*

do share your most unforgettable vacation destination and/or scenic photos (if any) on this lazy fri instead of fretting about CMs or NFP

auroraborealis
02-11-12, 10:05
my vote goes to: Tibet!!!

the only place I've been to that I missed upon returning to SG (so far, no other countries have such a draw)

Draven005
02-11-12, 10:23
Santorini and Mykonos island in Greece.

Next year, planning a trip to Crete and Santorini island.:cheers1:

azeoprop
02-11-12, 10:54
Nepal and tibet. :)

Here is some scenes from the tibet rail we took 2 years ago. :)

http://youtu.be/m2dbclBO-M0

buttercarp
02-11-12, 11:07
Autumn in Hokkaido with Prime Travel (self drive tour).
It was money well spent.
To me, when I travel, I am very particular about the service, accomodation and food.
Anything lesser than my home standard is not acceptable.

cnud
02-11-12, 11:21
The most memorable one was to Europe during my honeymoon. Joined the Contiki land tours... Covered London, Paris, Rome, Venice, Amsterdam, Austria. Forever etched in memory.

seletar
02-11-12, 11:26
My honeymoon, we went on a free and easy trip to Norway, Austria and Czech Republic. The 18 day trip was very interesting and romantic.

buttercarp
02-11-12, 11:27
Unforgettable can be bad also right......
My worse trip was to South Korea on a guided tour (my first and last guided tour).
I would rather get lost in a foreign land, than join anymore guided tour!

The food was yucky, the supposed 5 star hotel was horrible, the tour guide was rude and sarcastic especially when I did not buy their things.

smpeh
02-11-12, 11:44
Tromso (Norway) to catch northern nights :D aka aurora borealis.

Copenhagen (Demark) and Stockholm (Swenden) - Very nice culture feel and weather.

auroraborealis
02-11-12, 12:10
Sama sama, my worst was also guided tour to Korea
Last of guided tours man... Yucks

My worse trip was to South Korea on a guided tour (my first and last guided tour).

The food was yucky, the supposed 5 star hotel was horrible, the tour guide was rude and sarcastic especially when I did not buy their things.

auroraborealis
02-11-12, 12:12
Yeah... Northern lights is a must in my lifetime too
But nothing planned yet, can pm me ur guide in Tromso if any pls

Tromso (Norway) to catch northern nights :D aka aurora borealis.

Copenhagen (Demark) and Stockholm (Swenden) - Very nice culture feel and weather.

smpeh
02-11-12, 12:36
Yeah... Northern lights is a must in my lifetime too
But nothing planned yet, can pm me ur guide in Tromso if any pls

No problem, http://www.kskogli.no/aurora/

They are still in my opinion, one of the best there. However its a bit ex cos small groups. That time was about 7-8pax max. Others have 20-30pax in a bus.

smpeh
02-11-12, 12:40
Planning for this next year, if can.

http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-of-the-day/salt-flats-bolivia-steinmetz/

Any one interested?

smpeh
02-11-12, 12:44

:D:D:D

phantom_opera
02-11-12, 13:24

I vote u as tai tai of condosingapore lol

The Lotte Hotel at Jeju is supposed to be 6* ...

buttercarp
02-11-12, 13:41
I vote u as tai tai of condosingapore lol

The Lotte Hotel at Jeju is supposed to be 6* ...

I can't remember the names of the hotels I stayed there but there was a decent one on the last day. But the whole trip was marred by the preceding days of bad experience.

No tai tai lah.
Tai tai go on holidays paid by someone other than herself.

To me, if go on holiday, pay so much must enjoy mah, cannot have half past 6 type.

auroraborealis
02-11-12, 14:42
Thank you :)

No problem, http://www.kskogli.no/aurora/

They are still in my opinion, one of the best there. However its a bit ex cos small groups. That time was about 7-8pax max. Others have 20-30pax in a bus.

smpeh
02-11-12, 18:23
Thank you :)

Welcome!:) :)

irisng
02-11-12, 21:26
My most unforgetable vacation was in USA about >20 yrs back. I saw the snow falling down from the sky while I was at the apartment, that was the 1st time I saw the snow. It continued snowing for a few days. At the highway, the snow hit against our windscreen like a white blooming flower, it was soooooo beautiful.

RCR
04-11-12, 10:38
Tuscany :D :D :D