PDA

View Full Version : New in property mkt

DMCK
31-10-12, 10:35
Has been browsing the site for a while, learnt a lot from the people here and finally join up the forum, hope to seek some advices.

I had purchased a 3 bedded PC recently, before the latest CM, am staying in a 4rm HDB now and paid fully. I'm over 40 and has 2 kids, I have loan 70% from $900k for 35yrs, me and wife combined income $8k, knowing our cpf not enough to pay the installment monthly and has to top up by cash thru one of our house rental, am i scratching myself?

We thou of renting out 4rm HDB but too troublesome for my kids to change school, so may consider to rent out PC for 2 yrs, does it works?

Upon 2016 TOP, not sure how the economy will be, should i refinance if the rate goes up? If so I can only loan less than 20 yrs, then the monthly will be high.

If right now we have spare cash, should we save up for raining day? OR pay up a sum during refinance to shorten the loan? OR invest but no idea what to?

Thanks all.:o

Laguna
31-10-12, 10:47
no one can tell u how the future going to be....

carbuncle
31-10-12, 10:52
ha ha... I think you are indeed 'scratching' yourself lol

phantom_opera
31-10-12, 10:58
'stretching' to the max I would say :scared-4:

DMCK
31-10-12, 10:59
ha ha... I think you are indeed 'scratching' yourself lol

sorry should be stretching:doh:

jeaprp
31-10-12, 11:06
Has been browsing the site for a while, learnt a lot from the people here and finally join up the forum, hope to seek some advices.

I had purchased a 3 bedded PC recently, before the latest CM, am staying in a 4rm HDB now and paid fully. I'm over 40 and has 2 kids, I have loan 70% from $900k for 35yrs, me and wife combined income $8k, knowing our cpf not enough to pay the installment monthly and has to top up by cash thru one of our house rental, am i scratching myself?

We thou of renting out 4rm HDB but too troublesome for my kids to change school, so may consider to rent out PC for 2 yrs, does it works?

Upon 2016 TOP, not sure how the economy will be, should i refinance if the rate goes up? If so I can only loan less than 20 yrs, then the monthly will be high.

If right now we have spare cash, should we save up for raining day? OR pay up a sum during refinance to shorten the loan? OR invest but no idea what to?

no worries, worst case , just sell off one.

leftfield
31-10-12, 11:41
Your fully paid HDB will always be your safety net. ;)

price
31-10-12, 12:27

Scratch head..

Well i feel you that since you're doing ok now and the new PC is still under BUC, your monthly installments should still be manageable at this point in time. I always believe in everyone's lifetime, we could never find a cheaper loan than a housing loan. You shouldn't rush to repay your loan since interest rates are so low now. You could use the spare cash to bring in more passive income with other investment vehicles.

Why must you change school just because you move? I know of many ppl travelling from the east to the west vice versa for school everyday.

DC33_2008
31-10-12, 13:02
It is safer that you have a cash reserve of at least 2 years of household income (about $200k) before committing to another next property.

DKSG
01-11-12, 00:35
Since your name is sooooo similar to mine, I feel compelled to reply to you.

Keep the condo, rent out.

Some kind hearted expats or locals will help you pay the instalments until u decide to sell.

Hold more cash, like what someone said earlier.

Remember the Golden Rule of bank loans :

Money is easy to repay but hard to loan!

This is the Golden Rule which gahmen is attacking investors now! They saw this Golden Rule and came in to crash it! Haha!

Normallly, people borrow to the max even if they got the money, then slowly pay the bank back if they decide to later.

Ok ... thats all Office Boy can offer you at 12.35am ...

DKSG

leesg123
01-11-12, 00:37

Some kind hearted expats or locals will help you pay the instalments until u decide to sell.

This is the Golden Rule which gahmen is attacking investors now! They saw this Golden Rule and came in to crash it! Haha!

Normallly, people borrow to the max even if they got the money, then slowly pay the bank back if they decide to later.

DKSGThe wisest Office Boy i ever encounter!

DMCK
01-11-12, 11:09
Scratch head..

Well i feel you that since you're doing ok now and the new PC is still under BUC, your monthly installments should still be manageable at this point in time. I always believe in everyone's lifetime, we could never find a cheaper loan than a housing loan. You shouldn't rush to repay your loan since interest rates are so low now. You could use the spare cash to bring in more passive income with other investment vehicles.

Why must you change school just because you move? I know of many ppl travelling from the east to the west vice versa for school everyday.

not longer driving, not so ideal for school bus from east to west...

DMCK
01-11-12, 11:11

DKSG

thanks for your reply.:)

henrikbeech
01-11-12, 14:58
Hi all,

According to the Short-term-apartment(SLA), London rental market is experience a huge surge in the availability of new-build Short-term and Apartments.

henrikbeech
01-11-12, 15:01
Hi all,

According to the Short-term-apartment(SLA), London rental market is experience a huge surge in the availability of new-build Short-term and Apartments.

taggy
01-11-12, 16:02

DKSG

dam, i m feeling the pain now :banghead:

DMCK
01-11-12, 17:09
i made a mistake that i should have taken 80% loan instead of 70% cos am afraid of the high monthly installment after TOP...

RCR
01-11-12, 17:37

On your first question:

Is it 900k loan or 70% of 900k loan? anyway, I think you are quite brave to buy a PC with 8k combined income unless you have hoard of gold hidden somewhere :D

DMCK
01-11-12, 17:53
On your first question:

Is it 900k loan or 70% of 900k loan? anyway, I think you are quite brave to buy a PC with 8k combined income unless you have hoard of gold hidden somewhere :D

630k loan for 35 yrs