PDA

View Full Version : Old Apartments in Seletar Hill

ahsoh88
28-10-12, 21:46
Hi I was looking at old apts in seletar estate, do you think serenity, mimosa park or Nim garden, which is a better buy for own stay and chances of future enbloc. thank

Sleepyhead
28-10-12, 21:53
Out of curiosity, why Seletar area?

ahsoh88
28-10-12, 22:02
Peaceful and quite plus 5mins drive to CTE !

lajia
28-10-12, 22:34
Peaceful and quite plus 5mins drive to CTE !

and then u get stuck along CTE and pay more while u drive...:D peaceful place a lot in sg. sembawang end, lck end, etc...kidding....u could be spending a lot more to reno on those old appt and yet may not be enbloc at all. :p

CondoInterested
28-10-12, 23:38
LCK graveyard hah? Very peaceful indeed, because all RIP...

Sembawang is in fact a very quite peaceful resident area until so many foreigners like space invaders coming in past few years. Sometimes I wish the developments in north can slow down a bit. But now the big builtup already start to hit Yishun and next to Sembawang Shopping Centre.

But still better than a lot if places in Singapore which are really super crowded.

This shoebox country is no longer like the once upon a time many many years ago.

ahsoh88
29-10-12, 00:00
yes I do agree that old units need renovation but they are more value
for money (you get bigger space per sq ft) when compare to new one.
some newer apt comes with poor workmanship also.

radha08
29-10-12, 00:01
spore getting very crowded people will start looking for peaceful place in ulu location to stay:cool:

ahsoh88
29-10-12, 00:12
when newer units becomes smaller in psf, older units with bigger space
becomes antiques, just look at the recent transacted resale price on old
EM, buyer willingK pay 220K on COV even at places like Hougang ! Especially our govt is looking at 6 million population in near future, I really
cannot imagine staying in shoebox units !

Sleepyhead
29-10-12, 00:38
These older units, not often on sale, and typically quantum also very big.

For own stay, buy if you like the development. En-bloc may never happen, so don't try to buy based on that.