PDA

View Full Version : Parc Mondrian

Pages : [1] 2

Mondrianer
09-06-07, 16:31
http://www.bukitsembawang.sg/display/images/trans.gif
http://www.bukitsembawang.sg/display/images/trans.gifhttp://www.bukitsembawang.sg/display/images/hdr-sub-underdevelopment.gif
http://www.bukitsembawang.sg/display/images/hdr-proj-parcmondrian.gif

A development by Bukit Sembawang that stands for sheer relaxation. With architecture that inspires (based on the work of the late Dutch artist, Pieter Cornelis [Piet] Mondrian), wonderful facilities that revive and delight, and a quiet neighbourhood with a countryside setting, Parc Mondrian trully epitomizes the art of relaxed living.

Nestled in one if the greenest parts of Upper Serangoon Road, Parc Mondrian enjoys close proximity to good schools such as St Andrew's Junior, St. Andrew's Secondary, St. Andrews Junior College, Cedar Primary, Cedar Girls' Secondary and Maris Stella High. Nearby great shopping and dining conveniences are plentiful. The CTE / PIE, as well as the Potong Pasir and Woodleigh MRT stations are just minutes' walks away, allowing you quick and easy access to the city and CBD.

Comprising of 2, 3, 3+study and 4 bedroom penthouses and with only 100 apartments, Parc Mondrian is exquisitely planned for those who recognize its signature distinctiveness. It is where you can pamper and relax yourself with our range of facilities such as lap pool with infinity edge, Jacuzzi, children's pool, children's playground, BBQ pit, fragrance garden, timber deck, foot reflexology, footpath, water feature, fitness station, gymnasium and function room.

http://www.bukitsembawang.sg/display/images/underdevelopment/parcmondrian-pix2b.jpg

Project Information Development Name : Parc Mondrian
Type of Development : 17-storey apartments with facilities
Tenure : Freehold
No. of Units : 100
Unit Type : 2 / 3 / 3 + study / 4 bedroom Penthouses
Floor Area (sq ft) : 904 - 2,519 sq ft
Developer : Bukit Sembawang View Pte Ltd
Developer's Licence No. : C0092
Expected TOP Date : 31 March 2011
Expected Date of Legal Completion : 31 March 2014
Lot/MK No. : 5313M & 9645K MK 17 at Woodleigh Close
Building Plan No. : A0814-00002-2005-BP01,A0814-00002-2005-BP02, A0814-00002-2005-BP03
Location Map :

http://www.bukitsembawang.sg/display/images/underdevelopment/parcmondrian-loc.jpg

Site Plan :

http://www.bukitsembawang.sg/display/images/underdevelopment/parcmondrian-site.jpg

Unregistered
10-06-07, 00:59
Alamak. This property sold out so fast even before I could go take a look! I remember reading an article in the Business Times after it sold 90% in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I delayed and missed out.

Does anyone know why it sold faster than neighboring Blossoms as well as One Leicester, a little further south? I normally associate the developer with semi-detached and clustered housing developments, but I guess that didn't really matter for Parc Mondrian buyers.

Unregistered
11-06-07, 12:43
Alamak. This property sold out so fast even before I could go take a look! I remember reading an article in the Business Times after it sold 90% in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I delayed and missed out.

Does anyone know why it sold faster than neighboring Blossoms as well as One Leicester, a little further south? I normally associate the developer with semi-detached and clustered housing developments, but I guess that didn't really matter for Parc Mondrian buyers.

The launch price was around $600-$700psf which OL and Blossom was also selling for their last few units.

However, you must have a car if buying Parc Mondrian....it's quite far from the main road and is an upslope.

Unregistered
11-06-07, 13:32
The launch price was around $600-$700psf which OL and Blossom was also selling for their last few units.

However, you must have a car if buying Parc Mondrian....it's quite far from the main road and is an upslope.

My neighbor bought a unit in Parc Mondrian and it's simply not true about having a car. We walked the distance from the site to Potong Pasir MRT and its under 10 minutes. We also walked the distance from the site to the Woodleigh MRT and its under (or about) 4 minutes.

In any case, if the Parc Mondrian folks need a car, then certainly the Bloosoms people also need a car because both developments are essentially equi-distant from the main road.

Incidentally, I checked out both showflats and personally agreed with my colleague's choice (even though Parc Mondrian sits on a smaller site and doesn't have a tennis court). The place looks much better and more beautiful and, with only 100 units, more exclusive. Anyway, that's my two cents from someone who doesn't even plan to live there.

Unregistered
11-06-07, 16:03
My neighbor bought a unit in Parc Mondrian and it's simply not true about having a car. We walked the distance from the site to Potong Pasir MRT and its under 10 minutes. We also walked the distance from the site to the Woodleigh MRT and its under (or about) 4 minutes.

In any case, if the Parc Mondrian folks need a car, then certainly the Bloosoms people also need a car because both developments are essentially equi-distant from the main road.

Incidentally, I checked out both showflats and personally agreed with my colleague's choice (even though Parc Mondrian sits on a smaller site and doesn't have a tennis court). The place looks much better and more beautiful and, with only 100 units, more exclusive. Anyway, that's my two cents from someone who doesn't even plan to live there.

For the older ppl, like my parents, walking from Potong Pasir or future Woodleigh station to Parc Mondrian or Blossoms is not an easy task for them.

That's the reason why I bought OL. But I have to agree Parc Mondrian has quality and is exclusive, just not so convenient for older ppl.

Unregistered
12-06-07, 19:23
I just a posting at the Blossoms@Woodleigh thread that they too have sold out. Phew! Now, at least the entire Woodleigh close is sold out for now. Let's just hope that the government discloses some more information about the planned development of Bidadari as well as when the Woodleigh MRT will open for business. I really believe that good things are in store for the greater area stretching all the way from One Leicester all the way to Braddel/Bartley Roads. Any thoughts?

Unregistered
17-06-07, 16:46
I just a posting at the Blossoms@Woodleigh thread that they too have sold out. Phew! Now, at least the entire Woodleigh close is sold out for now. Let's just hope that the government discloses some more information about the planned development of Bidadari as well as when the Woodleigh MRT will open for business. I really believe that good things are in store for the greater area stretching all the way from One Leicester all the way to Braddel/Bartley Roads. Any thoughts?

I wonder whether the government is going to open up the Bidadari site before places like Pungol fill up. You guys might be in for a loooong wait before the Woodleigh MRT's opened. I wish you well though.

Unregistered
23-06-07, 15:50
I wonder whether the government is going to open up the Bidadari site before places like Pungol fill up. You guys might be in for a loooong wait before the Woodleigh MRT's opened. I wish you well though.

Well, the good thing about the Woodleigh MRT is that it is actually there, as opposed to being a plan or being built. Eventually--and I think in about 3 years, its gates will be flung open. That area is set for good things. I just wish I'd bought something. In any case, there's still lots of land around where the current Salvation Army store is. Likewise, the huge empty field in between the Salvation Army store and Blossoms won't always be a field. Same thing goes for the plot where the Blossoms show-flat was. Hopefully, whenever these placees come on board, they are still affordable. Let's wait.

joe
23-06-07, 15:57
Woodleigh MRT being operational is simply a matter of time. Like what the previous poster said, it's actually already there and not like it doesn't exist.

About Parc Mondrian, nice development. As it is a Bukit Sembawang development, I have full faith in their attention to detail and when you consider their experience in building/developing high end homes, you can be sure Parc Mondrian will not disappoint. Not vested.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 22:42
Woodleigh MRT being operational is simply a matter of time. Like what the previous poster said, it's actually already there and not like it doesn't exist.

About Parc Mondrian, nice development. As it is a Bukit Sembawang development, I have full faith in their attention to detail and when you consider their experience in building/developing high end homes, you can be sure Parc Mondrian will not disappoint. Not vested.

The only problem with Parc Mondrain is it has 2 visitor parking lots. Everything else is excellent.

Unregistered
24-03-08, 16:30
Passed by Parc Mondrian this past weekend. There's a deep whole in the ground already and the cranes were hard at work. Looks like the foundation is well under way. Can't wait.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 11:36
It seems like a promising area.

newbie08
14-04-08, 16:23
though markets seem a little quiet these days, I think the area has got very good potential. and with the upcoming land sale next to Parc Mondrian and Blossoms slotted for April, things are looking up. there seems to be much interest in the area and it is not easy to get one at a lower price. waiting for a chance.

rho
15-04-08, 12:22
Yeah.. seems like the asking price for blossoms is still not realistic.

:doh:

newbie08
16-04-08, 10:46
Hmmm, I think with the positive news that just came out on home purchase, prices will still hold. There seems to be a lot going for Singapore at the moment and the multiplier effect from the IRs, sport hub, YOG and the massive infrastructure and construction spending that the government is doing, the markets should hold. I think the property market is still comfortable with the current levels and there will be little correction downwards, if any. Perhaps it will even move upwards?

rho
16-04-08, 13:37
Sometimes I just wonder the reliability of these media.

ChannelNews Asia say:

Private home sales leapt 80% in March from February

The Business Times:
Private home sales tumble, prices Weaken

????:beats-me-man:

newbie08
05-05-08, 17:05
Hahaha! I suppose the news do some time provide confusing signals. But for now I think the volumes are not as high, however the prices are still holding well. The luxury market has certainly seen some softening but the mass market is still holding up well and perhaps will even see some upside. Was in the vicinity recently and I drove up Woodleigh Close to take a look and work on Parc Mondrian certainly is looking good. I like their logo designs, looks cool and classy. Also peeped inside Blossoms, the development certainly looks very crowded and the colour scheme of the entrance was quite dated.

Market Police
05-05-08, 19:58
Market Police discourage negative comments about neighbour condo in own backyards.

Market Police has reserved comments about P. Mondrian but has refrained from passing these in the interest of P Mondrian owners and to continue the peace and transquility of Woodleigh community.

Market Police has gone back to patrol.

Mondrianer
12-05-08, 17:29
A colleague of mine chanced upon Woodleigh Close the other day when she visited a friend of mine at Blossoms. She really liked Blossoms for the most part, but more importantly, liked the general feel of the area. It's green, accessible, and actually quite classy.

Given the developer behind Parc Mondrian, I told her that I trully believe that this is going to be a really worthy home/investment (given many obvious factors).

In fact, I think there will be some sort of competition for the 'most beautiful' condo between Blossoms, Parc Mondrian, and whatever will sit on the 99-leasehold site recently launched by URA right next to Blossoms.

This morning my colleague informed me that she's going watching this area carefully and that she will definitely buy into it soon...

Mondrianer
25-06-08, 01:20
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...356113/1/.html (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/356113/1/.html)

Frasers Centrepoint Trust puts in top bid of S$88m for Woodleigh site

By Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 24 June 2008 2042 hrs

SINGAPORE: Frasers Centrepoint Trust has put in the top bid of nearly S$88 million for a residential site at Woodleigh Close. The price works out to S$270 per square foot per plot ratio.

The next highest bid came from Hoi Hup Realty at about S$83 million. The lowest at S$74 million was put in by Sim Lian Land.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority received six bids in total when the tender closed on Tuesday.

The site at Woodleigh Close was launched for public tender on April 29.

The 99-year leasehold parcel spans nearly 10,800 square metres, with a maximum gross floor area of some 30,200 square metres.

Property consultants CB Richard Ellis says based on the top bid of S$270 per square foot plot ratio, the estimated breakeven cost of the new project is around S$650 to S$700 per square foot.

It expects the units to be sold between S$800 and S$850 per square foot. - CNA/ac

new2mondrian
02-07-08, 15:11
Anyone bought a unit at Parc Mondrian here? I just bought an unit last week! We will be neighbours! I like that neighbourhood.... very tranquil and on the fringe of town.

alibaba123
02-07-08, 19:22
Anyone bought a unit at Parc Mondrian here? I just bought an unit last week! We will be neighbours! I like that neighbourhood.... very tranquil and on the fringe of town.

Can share your purchase price? Thanks.

new2mondrian
07-07-08, 10:13
Can share your purchase price? Thanks.

We have yet to exercise the option, so will not share the price (yet). It's very close to the developer's launch price...

Alibaba, u bought a unit there too?

alibaba123
07-07-08, 11:20
We have yet to exercise the option, so will not share the price (yet). It's very close to the developer's launch price...

Alibaba, u bought a unit there too?

Not yet, but will be interested if the price is right. I like the location too. Close to developer's launch price.....hmmm...isn't the launch price around 650 psf?? :rolleyes:

new2mondrian
07-07-08, 11:40
Hi alibaba,

Yup, the launch price is $650-$700 psf, depending on the unit and the facing. But if you are looking for a unit in PM, would be kinda tough to find one that is close to the launch price cos most of the sellers are on the deferred payment option, which means they won't have to cough up the cash till TOP (which is around Q1 2010). Most sellers are waiting for Centrepoint Properties to launch the 99 years site next to Blossoms, and see if PM price can rise.

But then again, there may always be sellers who own multiple properties and in urgent need of cash, so you'll never know. And good luck in your search and hope to have you as a neighbour! :)

By the way, I noticed that the trees in the Woodleigh area are very tall, and PM is in a lower land plot as compared to Blossoms. Anyone knows if how high are the trees as compared to the floor level? We have not exercised the option cos we aren't sure if our unit (above 7 floors but below 12) will be looking at the trees and therefore have view blockage.

Unregistered345
07-07-08, 17:38
Hi alibaba,

Yup, the launch price is $650-$700 psf, depending on the unit and the facing. But if you are looking for a unit in PM, would be kinda tough to find one that is close to the launch price cos most of the sellers are on the deferred payment option, which means they won't have to cough up the cash till TOP (which is around Q1 2010). Most sellers are waiting for Centrepoint Properties to launch the 99 years site next to Blossoms, and see if PM price can rise.

But then again, there may always be sellers who own multiple properties and in urgent need of cash, so you'll never know. And good luck in your search and hope to have you as a neighbour! :)

By the way, I noticed that the trees in the Woodleigh area are very tall, and PM is in a lower land plot as compared to Blossoms. Anyone knows if how high are the trees as compared to the floor level? We have not exercised the option cos we aren't sure if our unit (above 7 floors but below 12) will be looking at the trees and therefore have view blockage.
in today's market, 650 psf is cheap especially if it is a freehold property. is PM freehold?

ATK
07-07-08, 18:47
Hi,

Is scary to see that this place getting the hype. I am been staying next to Parc Mondrian for more than 3 years now ( Since is 3 years, it is obviously not Blossom).

For those who have make a choice in Woodleigh, you must like the following to appreciate the place.
-Fresh air. Believe it or not, go there late at night or early in the morning. You will not believe such places exist in the fringe of town.

-Walking/Running. Be it the stroll to Potong Pasir MRT for a 5 mins, or cross over to big park (Aka cemetery) and jog alongside with the Nepali police.

-Nature. There are squirrels, birds and the occasional iguana, i also need to mention there is a 3ft hornbill flying around. Yes, the probably 30ft trees along the road are those that bear the little red love seedlings.

-Serenity. We are not talking about property advertisment here, it is really quiet at night, so much so that i have to get used to lowering my voice when chating over dinner.

-Traffic. As in anywhere in Singapore, peak hour is hell along Bendemeer road, yes, is getting worse with the digging of the tunnel for the junction. Hope things will get better when is complete, in 4Q'2011!. No problem at other timing, 10~15 mins drive to cityhall. 5 mins to Mostafa for 24 hours groceries.

If you are one of those that like such lifestyle, keep it to ourselve though i know it is difficult with all the new development going on now. So if you are new moving in, leave the nature as it is while we still can. Afterall, we are not paying for Bukit Timah prices.

Market police
08-07-08, 16:00
Hi alibaba,

Don't worry about the treetops. The bird chirping can be quite therapeutic; the area is quiet.

Sounds like u have bought stack 03, 02 or 05 and PM is not your only condo.

new2mondrian
09-07-08, 12:39
Hi ATK and Market Police,

Thanks for the great info on the Woodleigh area! They are very helpful!

I love the tranquil environment too. Very different from where I currently stay. :( For the whole month of June, I almost went berserk cos the Indian temple across the road (Meyappa Chettiar I think) will start chanting into the loudspeakers from 8pm - 10pm every night, together with the beating of the drums and the cymbals. My little toddler cannot even manage to sleep. Plus from 9am -6pm everyday, the condo construction site (Casa Meyer) right beside my place will do their piling. So you can only imagine. I was down with stomach flu and my toddler was sick too, and you can only imagine our misery in putting up with the piling work in the day and the chanting at night. :simmering:

Well well, the piling finally ended this month, and so has the nightly chantings.... But the Indian temple has now switched to beating the drums from 6.15am - 6.45am everyday, and then St Andrew's family of school will take over with their morning bells and announcement through the PA system, which last all the way to 7.45am. Sometimes I really dunno which is worse. The constant traffic noise from CTE/PIE, or the Indian temple, construction at Casa Meyer AND St Andrew's put together....

Tranquility is a prized possession which we do not have (currently). Guess PM is good! treetops are good too! heheheee..

Looking forward to having u as neighbours!

10-07-08, 08:29
saw both projects, think blossoms has more to offer than parc mondrian.. just curious, what prompted the choice of the latter instead..

new2mondrian
10-07-08, 13:35
saw both projects, think blossoms has more to offer than parc mondrian.. just curious, what prompted the choice of the latter instead..

Hi hi,

I think it is unfair to compare the 2 projects (otherwise the nice Market Police is gonna come around again). Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. At the end of the day, every individual also has different likes and dislikes in a development too.

Blossoms is a nice place too. I have seen quite a number of blossoms units. So while I agree with you that Blossoms has lots to offer, PM still offers better value TO ME in terms of the price point and room layout. It is kinda tough to find a 3 bedder FH unit these days selling at this price point and having a decent developer at the fringe of the city and good room layout. For example, Kovan Residences (99 year) is selling at $850psf, Clover at Bishan (99 year) is selling at $750psf and my friend just bought The Quartz at Buangkok (99 year) at $720psf. So at the end of the day it is an assessment of the pricing, the location, the tenure of the devt, the layout, the facing that determines the purchase. It is not simply a development to development comparison.

Hope I make sense here and did not antagonise any Blossoms people. If I did, plse accept my sincere apologies. =)

new2mondrian
14-07-08, 09:29
Hi hi,

Just had lunch over the weekend with an old friend, and I was told that as per Masterplan 2008, the Woodleigh area will have a commercial center (and most likely it would be a shopping centre) right outside the Woodleigh MRT. Which means there will be shopping right across the road on the other side of the MRT entrance near to where the cemetery used to be! :) Does anyone who have access to the Masterplan 2008 confirm if this is so?

Does anyone know whether this is true? I am really looking forward to the development of the Woodleigh area. Also noticed that there is a HUGE plot of land right behind Potong Pasir MRT. Does anyone know whether it will be developed for commercial use?

Thanks in advance!

D13
14-07-08, 10:26
Understand the plot near the potong pasir MRT is zoned for commercial. The entertainment centre at Woodleigh may take a while before it is being developed. It is going to be a happening area. Looking forward to it.

Potong Pasir lover
16-07-08, 15:07
Understand the plot near the potong pasir MRT is zoned for commercial. The entertainment centre at Woodleigh may take a while before it is being developed. It is going to be a happening area. Looking forward to it.

Personally I think there is a lot of potential with the Potong Pasir/Woodleigh area, due to the following:

- There are LARGE tracts of land available for development. Which is extremely RARE for any location at the city fringe. The large parcel of land behind Potong Pasir MRT is now vacant. Since it is slated as commercial, the whole town will be transformed. Not to mention that the whole Woodleigh Park area will have its own entertainment center/shopping area, and the EVEN larger parcel of land at Woodleigh will be developed into mixed residential (private and public) use. As more private condo land in Woodleigh comes up for tender (most likely with 99 years tenure), the property valuation for existing property (esp those under Freehold tenure - such as One Leicester, Parc Mondrian, Blossoms, Intero and Platinum Edge) will rise. These original owners will see significant gains as they bought at $590 - $750psf.

- The traffic condition to city center is likely to improve with the construction of the Woodleigh interchange. Also, Woodleigh Station is one MRT stop away from Serangoon, which is an interchange station for the Circle Line.

- Should the ruling party takes over during the next GE, they would definitely wish to showcase the DIFFERENCE which they can make. Afterall, Chiam ST announced during the last GE that that would be his last (so hopefully no one credible comes up...). So the whole Potong Pasir constituency (which includes Woodleigh and Potong Pasir and a small part of Toa Payoh) will see huge improvements in existing amenities and much more commercial developments, of which will have to be delivered anyway since they have been annouced or are already part of the Masterplan 2008.

I am currently staying at One Leicester, and my whole family is really looking forward to all the exciting developments and potential of the whole Potong Pasir estate. Parc Mondrian is definitely a great place too given it has Potong Pasir town center at one side, and Woodleigh entertainment center across the road. The whole of Potong Pasir is under-valued, so we will definitely stay vested over the long term!

new2mondrian
21-07-08, 09:33
Hi PP Lover,

Thanks for the detailed analysis! That's very helpful! Hmmm, anyone knows when Centerpoint will launch the 99-year devt at Woodleigh Close? I drove past the Woodsville 28 launch many times during the weekend, and the showroom was packed even though the average psf was $880! Wow! Looks like Potong Pasir is moving up up and up! :spliff:

den04
11-08-08, 13:47
Does anyone know whether this is true? I am really looking forward to the development of the Woodleigh area. Also noticed that there is a HUGE plot of land right behind Potong Pasir MRT. Does anyone know whether it will be developed for commercial use?

Thanks in advance!

You can find out from ura.gov.sg. Look under URA draft masterplan 2008. its available for public viewing.

Deborah
31-08-08, 00:54
Congrats!! Think you made a excellent choice. I love that area too, such surroundings especially near the city is a RARE find these days.

It is currently still grossly undervalued and has Much room to climb. Blossoms and PM are both wonderful properties in a great location, but I think that PM is better as it is more exclusive(100units).

I would ANYTIME, recommend Woodleigh area to my prospective clients over the St Michael's/ Mar Thoma area. Yet the price at St M & M.T. is around 900psf+- for recent launches while Woodleigh was still at 6x0-7x0psf. The situation shd be reverse. That is good news for you: that means you can potentially gain 250-350psf over time!!!

:cool:
Deborah

okang
09-09-08, 21:40
I am a KL based buyer of Parc Mondrian and would appreciate postings of site photos of on-going construction.

D13 lover
13-09-08, 14:59
folks good choice, I am also a D13 lover.

Just bear in mind these new plans by the govt are for longer term, do not expect anything in the next 3 years.

More so, may have to wait up to 10 years. If you are prepared to wait, that is good.

Look at Punggol 21, it is a good example. Plans to develop the town into a model town were announced as early as 1997, look at Punggol now, not much happening still. Now we have P21+...sigh....

I may be wrong, but I do not expect prices in this area to climb much higher in near term. For long term, it is good. Near term (3-5years) fair value 750psf, long term (>10 years) $1000psf. Those in their 30s buying now can cash out when they are 60. Those already in 50s, better off looking somewhere else.

Unregistered88
13-10-08, 00:50
Noticed some PM ads mention the flooring as marble for living/dining but appears the specs listed homogeneous tiles? Also are the window glass of tinted variety to minimise heat penetration?

NMJ
30-01-09, 18:25
I am still looking for a unit in Parc Mondrian. Any advise what will be a good / fair price now and please feel free to provide any comments / advise on this development, especially on build quality and surrounding area. Anything to look out for that may not be ideal? Thank you.

new2mondrian
16-02-09, 11:32
Noticed some PM ads mention the flooring as marble for living/dining but appears the specs listed homogeneous tiles? Also are the window glass of tinted variety to minimise heat penetration?

Based on the sales brochure, it should be homogeneous tiles. Windows are tinted. But then again, tinted windows can take many forms. Hence there is never any guarantee on the % of tinting vs heat penetration. No developer will go to that extent to put it in writing in the sales brochure.

I have been driving past Parc Mondrian pretty much cos I live at Potong Pasir. It looks fine... Built to the 4th or 5th storey now. We are looking forward to moving in come 2010.

I also saw that Centerpoint is now busily building its showflat across the road from Parc Mondrian. Looks like it's launching soon. Think they'd better launch fast. After all, Centerpoint's plot is 99-year leasehold and no one knows how long this downturn may last.

new2mondrian
16-02-09, 13:14
I am still looking for a unit in Parc Mondrian. Any advise what will be a good / fair price now and please feel free to provide any comments / advise on this development, especially on build quality and surrounding area. Anything to look out for that may not be ideal? Thank you.

Actually Parc Mondrian does not seem to have an active sub-sale market. Mainly because D13 is not an area that people come to flip. Hence most people purchase it for self-stay. I speak from experience, having lived at Potong Pasir area. The units which TOP last year and in 2006 (such as One Leicester, Intero, Platinum Edge) are all 80-95% occupied by their owners within 3 months of TOP. Hence there is no "ghost town" syndrome here, which is good if you are buying for self-stay, bad if you want to flip within a short span of time.

Over the long term, this area has potential given it is at the city fringe and currently transacted at $650-720psf. Potong Pasir is currently undervalued cos it the amenities are dated, unlike certain GRCs where there are private walkways etc. But all these may change as the town gets rejuvenated, and the Woodsville area gets developed. Potong Pasir is also at near the junction of CTE/PIE, hence getting out is not that much of an issue.

There are basically 2 main sites for private estates around Potong Pasir (in terms of condos). One is near Leicester side. Leicester side is definitely more convenient and nearer PP MRT station and PP town center. But it has its own disadvantages in terms of noise level, high density (there are tonnes of condos cramped side by side along Leicester Road), mixed development of old shophouses (such as Rajoo Casket) and with only ONE exit at Woodsville Close shared by many condo owners. The other is Woodleigh area. Woodleigh area is much quieter and exclusive, but it is a longer walk to the MRT station.

Depends really on what you want. If you are looking for something to flip quickly and pocket a huge gain, D13 is not really the place for you. But if you are looking for good value, in terms of psf and a freehold development at the City Fringe which is well linked by PIE/CTE and MRT, then Potong Pasir offers good long term value at $650-$750psf.

My 2 cents worth.

absolutwild
20-03-09, 07:29
read in this post somewhere that there are only 2 visitor parking lots. can someone please confirm? looking at buying a sub-sale unit. other set back is no tennis court

Deux
01-04-09, 21:38
Hi, I'm an owner of a unit at Parc Mondrian - went to view the development recently and noticed that they are only building one half of the block? It's about 3-4 storeys high but only half a block has been built. Anyone knows if that is normal? I thought usually they will build the whole block at once, instead of half at a time? Construction has also been slow...I hope they will be able to TOP in 1st QTR 2010...

gohsoonk
03-04-09, 09:49
Hi, I'm an owner of a unit at Parc Mondrian - went to view the development recently and noticed that they are only building one half of the block? It's about 3-4 storeys high but only half a block has been built. Anyone knows if that is normal? I thought usually they will build the whole block at once, instead of half at a time? Construction has also been slow...I hope they will be able to TOP in 1st QTR 2010...

Not sure if you saw the news...

http://luxuryasiahome.wordpress.com/2009/02/17/bukit-sembawang-slips-37-on-news-of-dilutive-rights-issue/

new2mondrian
03-04-09, 15:15

Hi Deux,

It's good to find a future neighbour here! =)

I agree with you on the construction progress. The thing is Eng Lim is working round the clock, on Sundays and PH, but somehow they seem slow. I am not sure if it is due to the layout of the place, or they need to reinforce the sides of the slope.

Anyway, I called up Bt Sembawang last month (Jenny: 6890-0333) and was told that the estimated date of completion is still on target at 2Q 2010. If you look at your purchase contract, the TOP is 2011, not 2010 as you have mentioned above.

Also on your point about "half a block". You have made an error here. Parc Mondrian is made up of 2 separate blocks. The inner block (nearer to the HDB) is being built up to the 5th storey, since it is less accessible by the construction eqpt. The outer block (nearer to Blossoms @ Woodleigh) is being built to 2nd floor. Hope this clarifies your doubts over half a block. =)

Are you in a rush to move in? I am personally fine with the speed lah. I'd rather they do a good job rather than shoddy rushed work. I live right beside a construction plot for a pte apartment. Basically within 6 months, they built up from 2nd to 11th storey. My little toddler's fav pastime is to stand by the window to watch the workers at work. But u shd see how they work and the quality of the workmanship! Basically everything was rushed. =p

jchong
03-04-09, 17:46
Like to share pictures taken at the site. One is taken on 8 March and the other on 22 March. Can see slight difference. Yes TOP is Mar 2011.

Deux
06-04-09, 14:13
Hi jchong and new2mondrian, thanks for the info/pics! Yeah, I know the TOP date in the contract is 1st QTR 2011, not 2010 but I was hoping it will TOP in 1st or 2nd QTR 2010 because the signboard on the construction site says estimated completion is in 1st QTR 2010..I bought the unit in 2007, and it's been 2 years already but only 5 levels on one block have been built! I certainly do not want a shoddy rushed job either but I hope they won't delay it till 1st QTR 2011! We were hoping to move into our new home next year...

Hope they speed up! The pics are encouraging :)

Deux
06-04-09, 15:25
Hey jchong, just like to ask - how did you manage to get this view of the construction? I've driven past a few times but was never able to get a proper view..thanks!

giapster
06-04-09, 22:53
I believe the photographs were taken from the HDB blocks directly opposite, probably from the 10 to 13 floors....really can't wait to see the building taking shape....:)

Deux
07-04-09, 09:57
Yes, I'm excited too! I hope Eng Lim does a good job, I don't know of other residential projects that they've done. Can't wait to see the facade of the building, it looks nice in the brochures. Hope they keep to 2nd QTR 2010!

new2mondrian
07-04-09, 13:08
Hi Deux,

I think everyone's keen for Eng Lim to speed things up! But honestly at this rate that they are moving, I am not sure if Parc Mondrian will be completed by Q2 2010. I am no construction expert myself, so really cannot comment.

But nonetheless, the pics look encouraging! Thanks to JChong who posted it! That's ingenious. I have never thought of going up the HDB flats to take a look instead. I will do that over this weekend.

On Eng Lim's projects, I think Eng Lim does have quite a fair bit of civil construction projects which included Circle Line phase 3, SATS Airfreight Terminal and Singapore Airshow 30 hectares site development. So I think they should be fine. Eng Lim is not a small construction firm to start with, so hopefully they might weather the crisis better.

But so far Sembawang is very slow in billing us too! Which is good!!! Heheheee.... After so many many months, they only recently billed for the piling work (10% of total cost).

Some trivial on the trees along Woodleigh which I thought might be interesting to the PM and Blossoms residents. Before we exercised the option, we were quite concerned that the view might be blocked by the tall tall trees lining Woodleigh area, hence did quite a fair bit of research. It is interesting to note that the tall trees are in fact heritage trees listed in NPARKS website, and even their specs are listed! :) .

<Exerpt from NPARKS>:

Highlight on some Heritage Trees
(A3) Angsana Tree (Pterocarpus indicus) at Upper Serangoon Road

This tree of about 60 years old, is found on the side-table of Upper Serangoon Road, between Woodleigh Park and Woodleigh Close. With a girth of 7.7 m, this is one of the largest roadside trees in Singapore.

Instead of allowing the widening of drainage channel to encroach into the sidetable where the tree is sited, the tree was saved from the axe by realigning the drainage channel under the road surface.

A large tree with a dense, wide-spreading and drooping dome-shaped crown. Angsana was introduced to Singapore for roadside plantings in the early years of the Garden City Movement as it is fast-growing and also provide good shade for pedestrians. This is clearly evident as one takes a
walk down Angsana-lined Orchard Road from Liat Tower to Ngee Ann City.

The faintly fragrant flowers are yellow and in large bunches. The floral buds develop inconspicuously until the right stimulus triggers the entire crown to bloom in yellow simultaneously.

The flowers last only for one day. Subsequently, they will rain down the next morning, laying yellow carpets by the road and car parks.

jchong
07-04-09, 17:47
Hi, glad that you guys find the pictures encouraging. Here's another updated pic taken last weekend. It was quite cloudy so it looks abit gloomy! Can't see much from Woodleigh Close so this is best view to see the progress of the construction. The sign at site indicates 1Q 2010 TOP and Bt Sembawang has indeed confirmed that they are on time. Once foundation is done, I think it will be very fast!

wolkom
09-04-09, 00:14
Thanks for posting the pics!

Just wondering, does anyone have pics of the showroom? any idea what kind of fittings there will be?

jchong
20-04-09, 13:20
Here's another updated pic taken last weekend for those who did not have a chance to go and have a good view. Look at how much it has progressed since my last update 2 weeks ago!

new2mondrian
23-04-09, 12:05
Hi jchong,

Thanks so much for taking all the photos and posting them here! =)

Hi Wolkom,

I don't have any pics... but this agent seemed to have taken lots of pics from the showroom and posted them on propertyguru. You can view them in the below link.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/355128/Parc-Mondrian

giapster
24-04-09, 23:11
The region around Parc Mondrian is getting some exciting developments lately...especially with the newly christened NEX mall at Serangoon Central, 1 MRT stop away, announcing some of the anchor tenants such as 10-screen Shaw cineplex, NTUC Xtra, Jap foodcourt amongst some other 400 shops. The completion of the mall at end 2010 would tie in nicely around the time Parc Mondrian is ready too!:D

new2mondrian
12-05-09, 09:46
The region around Parc Mondrian is getting some exciting developments lately...especially with the newly christened NEX mall at Serangoon Central, 1 MRT stop away, announcing some of the anchor tenants such as 10-screen Shaw cineplex, NTUC Xtra, Jap foodcourt amongst some other 400 shops. The completion of the mall at end 2010 would tie in nicely around the time Parc Mondrian is ready too!:D

Upcoming Serangoon shopping mall gets 30% occupancy commitments
Posted: 14 April 2009 1723 hrs
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpBrLX1I.jpg Photos 1 of 1 ">http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/dotline_240.gif
Artist's impression of nex

SINGAPORE : An upcoming shopping mall in Serangoon Central has obtained occupancy commitments for 30 per cent of its lettable space since breaking ground in November.

These tenants include Cineplex operator Shaw Organisation, hypermarket operator FairPrice Xtra and mainboard-listed Food Junction Holdings.

Advanced talks are also underway to secure a department store operator to take up 50,000 square feet of lettable space in the shopping centre.

The mall's developer is Gold Ridge, which is backed by mostly European and American investors.

Gold Ridge has named the new mall "nex".

"nex" will be a six-storey mall with over 600,000 square feet of net lettable space.

It is expected to open by the end of next year and will be the biggest mall in northeast Singapore.

Gold Ridge is investing S$1.3 billion in the project. - CNA /ls

new2mondrian
12-05-09, 09:47
I am looking forward to the new mall too! Hopefully this marks the first step of more commercial devts ard Woodleigh area to come! :)

new2mondrian
14-05-09, 12:05
You Get The first hand info!!

COMING SOON!

D13 WOODLEIGH PROJECT

99 Years Leasehold

Situated on a High Ground with Panoramic View

Minutes Walk to Potong Pasir MRT Station

or

Woodleigh MRT Station (operational ready)

One MRT Station away to Future Serangoon Mega Mall

5 Towers of 15 Storeys High-Rise Condominium Project

330 Units

Typical Unit Types

1 Bedroom – Approx. 4XX sqft

2 Bedroom – Approx. 8XX sqft

2 + Study – Approx. 9XX sqft

3 Bedroom – Approx. 9XX sqft to 1,1XX sqft

4 Bedroom – Approx. 1,3XX sqft

Full Condominium Facilities

~ Lap Pool
~ Spa Pool
~ Pool Pavilion / Pool Deck
~ Function Room
~ Gymnasium
~ Changing Rooms
~ Steam Rooms
~ Jacuzzi
~ Children’s Play Area
~ Tennis Court
~ Fitness Area
~ BBQ Area
~ Water Features / Feature Pond

For more information, you may contact

Patricia Chua
Hp: 9009-9392

new2mondrian
14-05-09, 12:08
hmm, since this is 99-year leasehold as compared to Parc Mondrian which is freehold, let's see how the launch price will be. =) The launch price will be a support level for the freehold devts in the vicinity (eg Blossoms and Parc Mondrian). :)

NMJ
19-05-09, 18:08
any thoughts about the new Stamford American International School that is starting in 2011, just at the junction to Parc and Blossoms?

new2mondrian
20-05-09, 09:09
any thoughts about the new Stamford American International School that is starting in 2011, just at the junction to Parc and Blossoms?

Actually over the long term, Woodleigh area has huge potential, and the Stamford International school and Nex Mall are just the start.

But somehow I feel that Centerpoint Properties made an error in their layout design for the Woodleigh Close launch. They shrunk the units to 400 plus sqft in size for studio units, 800 plus sqft size for 2-bedder units, in order to raise the psf pricing and to achieve positive market response to the launch. But they forgot one fundamental issue - they are at the doorstep of the International School, PLUS at the city fringe. Ang Mohs like BIG units! 3 bedders are a minimum requirement. Even should ang mohs wish to tenant the place next time, they are looking for 3 to 4-bedders, not mouseholes that are 8xxsqft and below.

Nonetheless, being an owner of a decent-sized 3-bedder at Parc Mondrian, this is definitely good news! :spliff2:

Over the long term, Woodleigh area gets developed, and life gets exciting over here. It has far more long term potential given the huge empty land plots slated for mixed residential and commercial activities than anywhere else ard the city fringe or in the city itself. When one buys into an area where everything else is developed, there is a price premium for it AND the area is WYSIWYG. Not much new exciting devts given everything has already built up.

sabian
20-05-09, 11:36
It has far more long term potential given the huge empty land plots slated for mixed residential and commercial activities than anywhere else ard the city fringe or in the city itself.

deja vu if you were a resident ard hillview area...

new2mondrian
24-06-09, 18:21
Anyone been to see Parc Mondrian recently??? Seems like Eng Lim (the main contractor) has suddenly decided to speed things up! Both times I drove by at 9am, the crane was hard at work and so were all the workers... And the block nearer the HDB flats is now built up to the 11th storey.

Looks like we are really on track at last to collect keys in Q1 2009. :cheers1:

giapster
24-06-09, 21:56
Hope that the construction for 8@Woodleigh (estimated TOP 2014) can be speeded up too.....with the final piece of the jigsaw in place along Woodleigh Close...can't wait to see the enclave with all the condominiums completed!:)

jchong
25-06-09, 11:21
Went to view 8@woodleigh showflat and Parc Mondrian last weekend....(showflat was so packed with people but an agent approached us and we managed to get in without waiting!) 2 weeks ago it was only up to 8/9 floors, pictures were abit dark so didn't post it. Have been following the 8@woodleigh thread and news and see that the average transacted price psf is $790, that's a piece of good news for P Mondrianer! With the new developments coming up and nearing TOP, believe PM could fetch a good psf price?? You mean collect keys in 1Q 2010?

Anyone been to see Parc Mondrian recently??? Seems like Eng Lim (the main contractor) has suddenly decided to speed things up! Both times I drove by at 9am, the crane was hard at work and so were all the workers... And the block nearer the HDB flats is now built up to the 11th storey.

Looks like we are really on track at last to collect keys in Q1 2009. :cheers1:

jchong
29-06-09, 11:58
Here are some updated pictures. The block nearer to P Pasir is up to 11 floors!

new2mondrian
29-06-09, 18:02
With the new developments coming up and nearing TOP, believe PM could fetch a good psf price?? You mean collect keys in 1Q 2010?

Depends. Currently bank valuation for PM is not high given the very few transactions that have taken place over Q109 and last year were abt $6xxpsf to $700psf; while no owner currently wish to sell low. So there is a mismatch between bank valn and owner asking price. So unless u can find someone who is willing to top up $200K above bank valn, otherwise I don't think a sale can go thru. But then again this depends on ur asking price.

Anyway, I did put my unit on the mkt to test water. The max offer I got so far is an offer from a local couple for $100k above bank valn, and an offer from an overseas buyer who is willling to pay $120k above bank valn. Anything above that is still tough. But it's alright. I am not in a rush to sell anyway. I can hold PM over the long long term (read: 10-20 years) and watch the Woodleigh area reach its full potential. Right now NexMall is not up, Woodleigh not developed, Woodleigh interchange under construction, the American International School is not up..... No point selling now at below expected price if there is an ability to hold. Plus my loan interest on the PM unit is really very low at SIBOR+0.7% fixed for whole tenure of loan.

But back to your question. Really depends on what is your definition of good psf price. :) And also depends on what is the facing of your unit. If it looks directly into Euro-Asia, then may be tougher to sell.

The expected date for completion is Q12009. After which Bt Sembawang will apply to BCA for TOP. And after which, Bt Sembawang will write to your lawyers to arrange for key collection and payment. So this also depends on how fast your lawyers get back to Bt Sembawang, and how fast u can arrange for financing (if u haven't gotten a loan line) etc etc... :)

jchong
30-06-09, 10:26
Thanks for the info. Agree with you that all the developments are not up yet and if have holding power, should sell only at expected price. :)

The expected date for completion is Q12009. After which Bt Sembawang will apply to BCA for TOP. And after which, Bt Sembawang will write to your lawyers to arrange for key collection and payment. So this also depends on how fast your lawyers get back to Bt Sembawang, and how fast u can arrange for financing (if u haven't gotten a loan line) etc etc... :)

wkang1970
30-06-09, 12:39
This area (potong pasir / woodleigh) has great potential to develop, take a look, which city fringe (with mrt nearby) is cheaper this area?:tsk-tsk: The price for sure will move even higher if buyers of this area can hold till the development took place........

wolkom
12-07-09, 21:52
somehow feel the construction for our project feels rather slow..

just drove by this development casa meya which started construction abt 1 yr ago and its all up.. with scaffolding removed..

Hopefully our project will be ready by 1st Q 2010! :)

core9999
28-07-09, 12:45
what's the current psf of PM?? i'm keen in this condo...don't know if px will go up further or not? pai sei..i'm really new to this website.. and this is my first time posting! :) :)

sleek
28-07-09, 12:51
what's the current psf of PM?? i'm keen in this condo...don't know if px will go up further or not? pai sei..i'm really new to this website.. and this is my first time posting! :) :)

You can check on below link, Transaction Data :-
http://streetsine.com/main.html#listing-535712

deemarco69
29-07-09, 22:28

im also very very interested in the 2 bedder but owner's asking and bank valuation is almost 70k diff.. bank valuation is very low.. wonder are there any ways to get better bank valuation?? :)

new2mondrian
18-08-09, 09:27
Hi wkang and jchong,

I think we are all on track to collect keys in Q1 2010! I went down to see over the weekend. One block is 15 floors up, while the other is built to the 9th floor. Even the function room is completed. They have installed the window frames on the 2nd floor unit. =)

By the way, did u guys see the last page of the latest edition of LookBook? Parc Mondrian's wardrobes are to be installed by Ximula, which is a wardrobe specialist to many other high end projects in D9 and D10. :)

jchong
18-08-09, 10:44
New2mondrian,
Last visited site about 3 weeks ago and it was up to 14 floors and 8 on other side. Will likely be taking a look in the coming week to see further developments. No i have no access to the LookBook so didn't get to see. Tried searching on the internet but unsuccessful. Do you know if there is a website to view. When we visited the showflat, we can see that the quality is of quite high standard, compared to few showflats we have seen. Hopefully the end product will not disappoint! :)

new2mondrian
18-08-09, 10:54
New2mondrian,
Last visited site about 3 weeks ago and it was up to 14 floors and 8 on other side. Will likely be taking a look in the coming week to see further developments. No i have no access to the LookBook so didn't get to see. Tried searching on the internet but unsuccessful. Do you know if there is a website to view. When we visited the showflat, we can see that the quality is of quite high standard, compared to few showflats we have seen. Hopefully the end product will not disappoint! :)

No probs! I scan it in tmrw and attach it here for the Mondrianers to see. Pretty impressive. I hope the end product won't disappoint too!

new2mondrian
19-08-09, 09:17
Hi JChong,

I have scanned it in and attached it here...

jchong
19-08-09, 10:05
Hi JChong,

I have scanned it in and attached it here...

Hi New2mondrian,

Thanks for scanning and attaching the page.
Picture is a page of blackness, can only see the wordings. However, I have browsed the site www.ximula.com (http://www.ximula.com). Again thanks for sharing.:)

sleek
05-09-09, 15:16
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk36/sleek00000/Image047.jpg

jchong
08-09-09, 13:47
Here's one more updated picture from a different view, 6 Sep 09. 16th floors and 10 floors on the other side.

jchong
08-09-09, 14:00
1006:) Oops, here you go!

Deux
09-09-09, 12:02
This is definitely good progress compared to the beginning of this year! I wonder how long they'll take to do the fittings/facade once the levels are built. Can't wait to move in! :)

new2mondrian
08-10-09, 18:31
Sleek and JChong,

Thanks very much for posting the photos! :)

new2mondrian
09-11-09, 09:23
For the benefit of those who might have missed the article last week.... I have posted it in this thread....

1) For the coming elections, Potong Pasir will have a huge influx of private properties' owners who were not here to vote during the last election:
-Blossoms @ Woodleigh (-Blossoms@Woodleigh)
- One Leicester
- Intero
- Platinum Edge
- Leicester Lodge
- Casa Meyer
- Parc Mondrian (TOP in 1st half of 2010)
- Parc Aston (TOP by 2010)
- Woodsville 28 (built to 2nd storey - foundation work completed) - might TOP by end 2010
- 8 @ Woodleigh

Depending on when the poll is called, ground is indeed ripe at Potong Pasir. Whilst the HDB population stays constant with no new units, the private housing population has exploded.

2) Per URA Master Plan, the sites around the Potong Pasir station and Woodleigh stations are slated commercial with plot ratio of 3.5. Now they are both simply vacant plots of land.

3) By 2010, Nexmall is up at Serangoon stn (circle line interchange), being 1 MRT stop from Woodleigh. Anchor tenant there is Isetan.

4) By 2011, Woodleigh interchange will be up, with much improved traffic flow given the tunneling and flyover.

5) By 2011, Woodleigh MRT is also operational. Along with it comes the American school with more than 3000 students.

And not to mention all the land land and land ard Woodleigh.... lying in wait. Where ard the city fringe can one find so MUCH land??!!!

Things are looking up! =):jump-for-joy:

No mothballing of MRT stations in future

=======================================================
http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/site/common/blank.gifBy Christopher Tan, Senior Correspondent

THE Government will in future not allow completed train stations to remain closed.
Currently, there are 10 LRT stations and one MRT station which are ready but are mothballed.

The MRT station is Woodleigh, on the North-East Line. Of the 10 unopened LRT stations, two are on the Sengkang line and the rest on the Punggol line (mainly the western loop).

But going forward, completed stations will open as soon as trains start rolling, said Transport Minister Raymond Lim.

He told The Straits Times: "The rail system will continue to be the backbone of our public transport system. Going forward, we will ensure that operators open for revenue service all stations that are ready."

He is starting with the Circle Line. Two stations that had their openings 'shelved' - Caldecott in Thomson and Haw Par Villa in West Coast - will now open as soon as the orbital line is completed in 2011.

Purchasing executive Veronica Chua, 41, is thrilled. She and her husband bought an apartment at The Peak@Balmeg, a condominium that is being built and near Haw Par Villa station.

"This is fantastic," she said, adding that the station could bring new life to Pasir Panjang Village. "Parking is limited there. With the MRT, people don't need to drive," she said.

Several years ago, residents in Buangkok lobbied intensely against the delayed opening of the MRT station there. At that time, the reason given was that there were not enough residents living in the neighbourhood to make the station viable.
One advocate of opening rail infrastructure earlier is MP Seah Kian Peng. Mr Seah was among those who pushed for the Circle Line Stage3 to be opened in May this year - even though the short span consisted of five stations.

"The impact for thousands of residents as a result of the early opening is significant. If one can quantify the economic and social benefits it has brought about, I am sure the case for pushing for an early opening is something the Government should look at and not just from an operator's point of view," the MP said.

After nearly five months, daily ridership on the Circle Line Stage3 still averages in the low-30,000s - well below the expected 45,000 to 55,000. Analysts say this is unlikely to improve until the rest of the SMRT Corp-run line opens.

Of the Circle Line's 29 stops, only Bukit Brown station - at a largely unoccupied plot off Lornie Road - will not see the light of day in 2011.

But what about train stations which are completed but will still remain shut?

With new property developments sprouting up around Woodleigh, the unopened station there - with lights and signs on - is drawing attention.

Residents nearby have written to the newspapers to press for an early opening.
Bank officer Lim Wenhui, 28, said: "I live in Joo Seng, which is just three bus stops away from Woodleigh station. Every day, many of us have to take the bus all the way up to Serangoon station and take the train down again."

http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/motoring/11Nov09/images/new_stations.jpg
Commuter Lum Mun Keat, who works in the financial sector and is in his 30s, argued: "When it comes to public transport, some stations can't make money but that doesn't mean you don't open them. If there is one commuter waiting at a bus stop, you still pick up the passenger, right?"

New condominiums in the vicinity include Blossoms@Woodleigh, 8@Woodleigh and Parc Mondrian. In total, they feature 670 units.

North-East Line operator SBS Transit has indicated that it will open Woodleigh station when the Stamford American International School near the station opens. The school is slated to open in August 2011 and is expected to have more than 3,000 students.

But things do not look bright for the mothballed LRT stations. The operator said they are near either empty fields or swamp land.

[email protected]
Additional reporting by Yeo Ghim Lay
This article was first published in The Straits Times (http://www.straitstimes.com/).

jchong
09-11-09, 09:47
:jump-for-joy: yeah......alot to look forward to.

I wish Woodleigh station would open sooner!

new2mondrian
09-11-09, 10:08
:jump-for-joy: yeah......alot to look forward to.

I wish Woodleigh station would open sooner!

me too!!!

hey, think we shd be getting keys to PM in 6 months' time. The inner block is built right up to the rooftop while the outer block is at the 15th floor when I drove by last weekend. :) Some of the window and balcony frames are in already. soon soon.....

jchong
09-11-09, 16:15
Went jogging last weekend at park opposite and could see PM from there, up to the top already! :)

jchong
10-11-09, 16:04
Here's an updated picture taken two weeks ago. :)

mcmlxxvi
10-11-09, 16:36
Those stations near empty fields and lands, you will definitely prefer to be closed during 7th lunar month.... :scared-1:

NMJ
11-11-09, 14:06
Hi! Does anyone have any idea if there are plans to widen the road (Woodleigh Close) as it seems rather narrow for the number of condo units in the area?

sleek
11-11-09, 14:51
Hi! Does anyone have any idea if there are plans to widen the road (Woodleigh Close) as it seems rather narrow for the number of condo units in the area?
Don't think its shown on the URA MP2008 and unless the old URA apartments/bungalows are demolished, don't see any other way to widen Woodleigh Close. :beats-me-man:

new2mondrian
11-11-09, 18:09
Don't think its shown on the URA MP2008 and unless the old URA apartments/bungalows are demolished, don't see any other way to widen Woodleigh Close. :beats-me-man:

Agree. Basically this is not an isolated problem. If u guys think Woodleigh Close is bad with just 3 devts (Blossoms, Parc Mondrian and Euro-Asia), wait till u guys go to Woodsville Close! Hahaha.... Close to 10 devts (One Leicester, Leicester Lodge, Intero, Platinum Edge, Parc Aston the 2 condos near the main road, and not to mention all the landed houses and what not sharing 1 single exit point). I used to think that is madness, but surprisingly after 2 years things are still fine. :)

jchong
19-11-09, 09:26
More updated pictures of PM. :)

gohsoonk
04-12-09, 15:33
You are right. Woodsville Close is a classic example. One of the consideration why I did not buy Woodleigh 28. Cannot stand waiting to exit out from that slip road to the main road.

Agree. Basically this is not an isolated problem. If u guys think Woodleigh Close is bad with just 3 devts (Blossoms, Parc Mondrian and Euro-Asia), wait till u guys go to Woodsville Close! Hahaha.... Close to 10 devts (One Leicester, Leicester Lodge, Intero, Platinum Edge, Parc Aston the 2 condos near the main road, and not to mention all the landed houses and what not sharing 1 single exit point). I used to think that is madness, but surprisingly after 2 years things are still fine. :)

azeoprop
04-12-09, 21:04
My unit will be fully facing parc mondrian....:p

sleek
26-12-09, 14:40
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk36/sleek00000/091225ParcMon.jpg

deemarco69
27-12-09, 20:42
from the pic, seems like at least those living in 3-4 flrs are facing euro asia directly? higher floors should be alright since euro asia are low rise units right?

new2mondrian
28-12-09, 10:58
Sleek,

Thanks very much for the pics!!!! =)

Looks like it is ready soon... at last!

alamak
28-12-09, 11:49

Do you know why it(leicester rd) is fine after 2 years ? Because the total no of units (OL - 194, Intero -51, PE -48, Leicester lodge -16, Parc Ashton - 16) is only 325 LESS than 8@Woodsleigh a single development of 330 units. That is the greatest joke . Even with Woodsveille 28 - 110 units the TOTAL Unit is only 435. Ha Ha Ha:D

qianfugui
28-12-09, 12:28
Do you know why it(leicester rd) is fine after 2 years ? Because the total no of units (OL - 194, Intero -51, PE -48, Leicester lodge -16, Parc Ashton - 16) is only 325 LESS than 8@Woodsleigh a single development of 330 units. That is the greatest joke . Even with Woodsveille 28 - 110 units the TOTAL Unit is only 435. Ha Ha Ha:D

OL is 25% tenanted. Many residents also give up their cars for MRT/public buses. I guess Woodsville28 is likely to be about 30% tenanted because of close proximity to PP MRT. All in all , the entire leicester/woodsville community has only slightly more than 300 family with cars much less than 8@Woodsleigh alone. That's why the situation is not that pathetic that some people hope to be. I am also one of the many OLers who own OPC.

Cheers :D

28-12-09, 12:29
If not mistaken once 8 @ Woodleigh is up there will be about 1,000 units at woodleigh close. It will be one busy road then.

new2mondrian
28-12-09, 14:15
OL is 25% tenanted. Many residents also give up their cars for MRT/public buses. I guess Woodsville28 is likely to be about 30% tenanted because of close proximity to PP MRT. All in all , the entire leicester/woodsville community has only slightly more than 300 family with cars much less than 8@Woodsleigh alone. That's why the situation is not that pathetic that some people hope to be. I am also one of the many OLers who own OPC.

Cheers :D

Agree. Anyway, the busy road/traffic problem is not really an issue... though more can be done (eg traffic junction). Let's see how things pan out after Woodsville Interchange is operational.

8@Woodleigh has a high concentration of studios and 2-bedders, which is a relatively new concept at Potong Pasir given the rest of the devts are at least a 2-bedder size. Hence going by units is not a good proxy. If need to go down to a micro level, then the direction of traffic (ie cars coming down along Woodsville coming from CTE/PIE direction while cars coming from Woodleigh are travelling up Upper Serangoon) will be a factor.

After close to 2 years at Leicester Road, the greatest bugbear is never traffic. In fact traffic is never an issue... think all the OL residents can attest to this right? The greatest issue is the noise... the noise from the Indian temple (they used to chant till 3am last year till I lodged a formal police complaint), noise from the Casa Meya and Woodsville 28 and Woodsville Interchange construction (which is temporary), noise from the St Andrews group of schools (7am each morning will have the PA system blasting through), and most of all, the formidable ge-tais which ran past 1030pm even during the Xmas hols, and through the 7th lunar month.... It seemed like there is a constant stream of noise that we are really glad to be getting out of Platinum Edge.

OL might be better cos you guys are slightly further from the Indian temple and St Andrews Village... is it as bad over there?

qianfugui
28-12-09, 20:36
Agree. Anyway, the busy road/traffic problem is not really an issue... though more can be done (eg traffic junction). Let's see how things pan out after Woodsville Interchange is operational.

8@Woodleigh has a high concentration of studios and 2-bedders, which is a relatively new concept at Potong Pasir given the rest of the devts are at least a 2-bedder size. Hence going by units is not a good proxy. If need to go down to a micro level, then the direction of traffic (ie cars coming down along Woodsville coming from CTE/PIE direction while cars coming from Woodleigh are travelling up Upper Serangoon) will be a factor.

After close to 2 years at Leicester Road, the greatest bugbear is never traffic. In fact traffic is never an issue... think all the OL residents can attest to this right? The greatest issue is the noise... the noise from the Indian temple (they used to chant till 3am last year till I lodged a formal police complaint), noise from the Casa Meya and Woodsville 28 and Woodsville Interchange construction (which is temporary), noise from the St Andrews group of schools (7am each morning will have the PA system blasting through), and most of all, the formidable ge-tais which ran past 1030pm even during the Xmas hols, and through the 7th lunar month.... It seemed like there is a constant stream of noise that we are really glad to be getting out of Platinum Edge.

OL might be better cos you guys are slightly further from the Indian temple and St Andrews Village... is it as bad over there?

Hi new2mondrian,

Why are you leaving PE after such short stay ? Is it the noise you mentioned ? are you selling or renting out your PE unit ? With Parc Aston and Woodsville28 coming up, the Leicester rd area is very exclusive and nice enclave of private housing next to MRT and so close to city area.

Yeah OL does'nt suffer from Temple noise or Ge Tai or early morning school bell syndrome. The high floor 2bedders have magnificent city view of the Marina Bay Sands , Sail, Ion Orchard Residences etc. No wonder not many Olers are selling despite the potential $200 -$250 psf gain. :D

new2mondrian
29-12-09, 08:50
Hi new2mondrian,

Why are you leaving PE after such short stay ? Is it the noise you mentioned ? are you selling or renting out your PE unit ? With Parc Aston and Woodsville28 coming up, the Leicester rd area is very exclusive and nice enclave of private housing next to MRT and so close to city area.

Yeah OL does'nt suffer from Temple noise or Ge Tai or early morning school bell syndrome. The high floor 2bedders have magnificent city view of the Marina Bay Sands , Sail, Ion Orchard Residences etc. No wonder not many Olers are selling despite the potential $200 -$250 psf gain. :D

Actually noise is a highly personal and subjective issue. You mentioned the 2bedders have magnificient city view... I understand now why you aren't bothered by the Indian temple, the St Andrews schools, the getais, the construction of Casa Meya (now completed) and Woodsville 28! Heheheee... you are facing CTE and not Potong Pasir! That's good! :)

Facing Potong Pasir along the Leicester Road stretch can be a real PAIN sometimes. But honestly, the view up at Platinum Edge (above 13 floors) is good.... 270 degrees view of the Woodleigh/Potong Pasir (even up to Bishan/Serangoon) area.... Totally unblocked thanks to St Andrews Village (which is low rise), landed housing at MacPherson, and of course the city and flyer which you mentioned. And is windy all year round thanks to superb cross ventilation and being unblocked. And of course the proximity to town is quite compelling.

More than a year ago, I was tempted to buy a OL 2-bedder at $820psf on the 8th storey. View is good.... but there is the CTE traffic noise and the waterfall noise coming from the carpark roof-top area which made me hesitate. But it is a different kind of noise which was experienced at PE. Traffic and waterfall is a kind of constant white-noise..... whereas the Indian temple chanting, construction, getai and St Andrews noise can get pretty disruptive. Well well, so much for noise. Hopefully where we are moving to will have less of this. :)

jchong
11-01-10, 11:07
Just found out from Bt Sembawang that TOP is 3Q 2010.

Deux
11-01-10, 11:35
That is ridiculous!?! How can a single block development take 4 years to build?? They've not been progressing at all over the past couple of weeks, did Bkt Sembawang provide any reasons for the halt in work?

jchong
11-01-10, 12:07
That is ridiculous!?! How can a single block development take 4 years to build?? They've not been progressing at all over the past couple of weeks, did Bkt Sembawang provide any reasons for the halt in work?

No but I anticipated the TOP to be a little later as the whole project progress is slow, don't think there is any halt. The important thing is as long as the quality is there, plus there will be more other developments ready by end of the year. Correction, they started building in 2007 so it's 3 years come 3Q10.

new2mondrian
11-01-10, 13:29
Just found out from Bt Sembawang that TOP is 3Q 2010.

You are right. It is Q3 2010.

As long as they stick within their contractual delivery of 2011, there is nothing we can do except hope they can speed things up.

Eng Lim is terribly slow. :( I thought they should speed up after completing SOTA. Maybe they have deployed resources to the Circle Line phase 3??!!! How FCL (at Woodsville 28) and Casa Meyer built was to use lots of concrete... pour concrete and plaster over... this is a MUCH quicker process. Eng Lim used a lot of brick walls, which meant brick-by-brick layering and cementing over, esp for internal walls. Sigh.... So the rate is really much slower.

The window grilles and windows (tinted blue) are up for stack 2 block though. You guys drive by the road leading to Singapore Power for a look. Pretty nice actually.

Honestly, I won't be surprised if Woodsville 28 TOP at the same time as Parc Mondrian. Going by their speed, it could be Q4 2010 before we can even collect keys.

Personally I do not mind collecting the keys in Q4 2010. By then, NexMall is up; the American school will be opening its doors, and GE (with all its Potong Pasir goodies) should have been over. Ripe time to sell or to tenant out. :)

jchong
11-01-10, 17:47
You are right. It is Q3 2010.

As long as they stick within their contractual delivery of 2011, there is nothing we can do except hope they can speed things up.

Eng Lim is terribly slow. :( I thought they should speed up after completing SOTA. Maybe they have deployed resources to the Circle Line phase 3??!!! How FCL (at Woodsville 28) and Casa Meyer built was to use lots of concrete... pour concrete and plaster over... this is a MUCH quicker process. Eng Lim used a lot of brick walls, which meant brick-by-brick layering and cementing over, esp for internal walls. Sigh.... So the rate is really much slower.

The window grilles and windows (tinted blue) are up for stack 2 block though. You guys drive by the road leading to Singapore Power for a look. Pretty nice actually.

Honestly, I won't be surprised if Woodsville 28 TOP at the same time as Parc Mondrian. Going by their speed, it could be Q4 2010 before we can even collect keys.

Personally I do not mind collecting the keys in Q4 2010. By then, NexMall is up; the American school will be opening its doors, and GE (with all its Potong Pasir goodies) should have been over. Ripe time to sell or to tenant out. :)

Neither do I mind if TOP 4Q2010. Totally agree with you on the NexMall and American school and the GE, timing will be great for rental or sale.

jchong
13-01-10, 09:31
Latest development attached. Signboard now indicates TOP 2Q10. :)

Deux
13-01-10, 09:42
Thanks for the pics jchong, but I think the signboard read as 2Q2010 for a while before Bkt Sembawang told you it'll be ready by 3Q2010...so I think 3Q2010 is the latest estimate :(

jchong
13-01-10, 10:15
Thanks for the pics jchong, but I think the signboard read as 2Q2010 for a while before Bkt Sembawang told you it'll be ready by 3Q2010...so I think 3Q2010 is the latest estimate :(

Probably so, as have not looked at the signboard for awhile.

new2mondrian
01-02-10, 14:43
Passed by over the weekend. Seemed like Eng Lim has sped things up at last. The building structure was completed, they removed the huge crane, and all the SingPower and Singtel folks were there on Sat laying all the cables. Even the sliding doors on the balcony were up for the lower floor units. Drove by on Sun again and saw that they are doing up the pool area. Hopefully TOP can really happen in Q3 2010 after all. :)

xebay11
01-02-10, 18:17
Err new2mondrian, I just read through your most recent posts and you say that you would be shifting from PE after living there for 2 years, some time back I remembered that you mentioned that you were living in a HDB flat at Holland area so that your son could understand what it was like living with the less well-off people, so I am confused.

new2mondrian
01-02-10, 18:47
Err new2mondrian, I just read through your most recent posts and you say that you would be shifting from PE after living there for 2 years, some time back I remembered that you mentioned that you were living in a HDB flat at Holland area so that your son could understand what it was like living with the less well-off people, so I am confused.

LOL.... u have a good memory, but u really got it in a wrong chronological order. There is nothing confusing....

I mentioned in May09 that I am getting a property around Holland/One North area, which I soon did. But like all HDB properties, to wait till the 2nd appointment for completion of sale takes time. By the time I collected the keys, it was nearly Q409. And to get ID, renovate the place, start shifting from PE takes time. Anyway, all the renovation is done, and we are shifting bit by bit every weekend and should be done by this month. But I am really slow at moving. With a 3 year old child and a full time job, moving does takes time, especially considering how much junk and toys we have at home.

Actually HDB living at Holland is pretty good (we are spending some weekends there these days). Really decent sized rooms, and Da Paolo Gastronomia is really 10mins walk away, hence whenever I entertain on weekends, just need to walk over to get the snacks over. The neighbours are really nice people. I have 3 families who dropped over and introduced their kids to my child, and made an effort to know us better despite the ruckus we caused all these while with all the hacking and drilling. My child likes it there better too than at PE. Lots of greenery downstairs for him to ride his bike around, and he gets his occasional ice cream treats at Holland Village. For less than $550k for a 1300 sqft unit, it is indeed worth every cent we paid for it. :)

xebay11
01-02-10, 19:45
OIC I thought you moving from PE to PM. LOL :D

lancelot
01-02-10, 21:38
LOL.... u have a good memory, but u really got it in a wrong chronological order. There is nothing confusing....

I mentioned in May09 that I am getting a property around Holland/One North area, which I soon did. But like all HDB properties, to wait till the 2nd appointment for completion of sale takes time. By the time I collected the keys, it was nearly Q409. And to get ID, renovate the place, start shifting from PE takes time. Anyway, all the renovation is done, and we are shifting bit by bit every weekend and should be done by this month. But I am really slow at moving. With a 3 year old child and a full time job, moving does takes time, especially considering how much junk and toys we have at home.

Actually HDB living at Holland is pretty good (we are spending some weekends there these days). Really decent sized rooms, and Da Paolo Gastronomia is really 10mins walk away, hence whenever I entertain on weekends, just need to walk over to get the snacks over. The neighbours are really nice people. I have 3 families who dropped over and introduced their kids to my child, and made an effort to know us better despite the ruckus we caused all these while with all the hacking and drilling. My child likes it there better too than at PE. Lots of greenery downstairs for him to ride his bike around, and he gets his occasional ice cream treats at Holland Village. For less than $550k for a 1300 sqft unit, it is indeed worth every cent we paid for it. :)
Congrats! You are very lucky. There was only one 5-room flat transacted at $550k for the whole of last year in Holland V. Most were pricier, including a high floor unit done at $708k.

jchong
02-02-10, 09:44
Went by yesterday and the huge crane is gone indeed, windows and sliding doors are fitted on the lower floors and look nice! :)

Passed by over the weekend. Seemed like Eng Lim has sped things up at last. The building structure was completed, they removed the huge crane, and all the SingPower and Singtel folks were there on Sat laying all the cables. Even the sliding doors on the balcony were up for the lower floor units. Drove by on Sun again and saw that they are doing up the pool area. Hopefully TOP can really happen in Q3 2010 after all. :)

new2mondrian
02-02-10, 10:41
Went by yesterday and the huge crane is gone indeed, windows and sliding doors are fitted on the lower floors and look nice! :)

jchong, thanks for posting all the pics. really helpful! :) do u stay around the area too?

as a matter of interest, per the electoral register (updated in March 09), I am still a resident of Potong Pasir... with the election coming round the corner, it is indeed interesting to see how things pan out over at this electoral hotbed.

The row of landed terraces across the Upper Serangoon road has en-bloced to a private developer, and are now all boarded up with signs stating "demolition in progress". did u notice that? what is interesting is that these terraces were right next to the land plot which were part of Government's land sales program for this year. Imagine the developer which was tendering for the Government Serangoon/Woodleigh land plot to state in his marketing brochure - unblocked views all around; then oops, the terraces right in front were suddenly built up as condos. :doh: the so called unblocked views of the landed terraces simply vanished overnight.

Now that the crane is gone and the windows are up, PM is really looking much better. Hopefully we can all collect keys by this year. :)

new2mondrian
02-02-10, 10:51
OIC I thought you moving from PE to PM. LOL :D

nope... we are staying put at Holland HDB for many many more years to come. HDB is for self occupation, the rest are for investment.

Congrats! You are very lucky. There was only one 5-room flat transacted at $550k for the whole of last year in Holland V. Most were pricier, including a high floor unit done at $708k.

actually there were quite a few 5-rooms around the Holland/Dover/Commonwealth area transacted around the $5xxK price region during last year. sometimes prices alone is not a good gauge. my unit is on the low floor, but thankfully no noon sun though. the condition of the flat was really dismal when I bought it cos it was owned by this old couple who had no energy to upkeep it. Major hacking and retiling of all toilet/kitchen walls and the floor has got to be done, and we did spend quite a fair bit in renovating it.

some of the 5-rm flats at Holland are above 136sqm (approx 1500 sqft) with 4 bedrooms (3 rooms plus study); and unblocked views across to the One-North/Buona Vista area. hence prices alone don't tell the full story.

enough of talking abt HDB. my apologies on having steered off-topic. :)

jchong
03-02-10, 16:28
Very easy to just snap a few pictures with the mobile so no problem at all. My in-laws lived in P Pasir and I live nearby, however the estate, strangely is zoned under MP GRC so will be unlikely to have an opposition party! I usually will explore the area abit whenever I go jogging at the Bidadari/P Pasir area.

As far as change in address, I think you will be officially at new address after approximately one year from date of change in IC. Now that you have moved to Holland V, it will be a long way to come by this way. Have you rented or intend to rent your PE?

This GE will be an interesting for PP ward and my guess is that if there is a change in the winning party, the whole place will benefit with more amenities and new development, hopefully!

jchong, thanks for posting all the pics. really helpful! :) do u stay around the area too?

as a matter of interest, per the electoral register (updated in March 09), I am still a resident of Potong Pasir... with the election coming round the corner, it is indeed interesting to see how things pan out over at this electoral hotbed.

The row of landed terraces across the Upper Serangoon road has en-bloced to a private developer, and are now all boarded up with signs stating "demolition in progress". did u notice that? what is interesting is that these terraces were right next to the land plot which were part of Government's land sales program for this year. Imagine the developer which was tendering for the Government Serangoon/Woodleigh land plot to state in his marketing brochure - unblocked views all around; then oops, the terraces right in front were suddenly built up as condos. :doh: the so called unblocked views of the landed terraces simply vanished overnight.

Now that the crane is gone and the windows are up, PM is really looking much better. Hopefully we can all collect keys by this year. :)

jchong
03-02-10, 18:32
See what you mean. The areas appear too small or close for 2 developments espcially if condos/apartments!

southpark2000
03-02-10, 21:15

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-76a8.pdf

I think it's part of the URA land sales.....

NMJ
04-03-10, 20:33
Does anyone has any idea whay floor and above that the view will not be obstructed by the condo bebehind PM?

new2mondrian
08-03-10, 09:27
Does anyone has any idea whay floor and above that the view will not be obstructed by the condo bebehind PM?

You are talking about Euro Asia Park (as being the condo behind PM) right?

CURRENTLY anything above 7 floors (for stack 1,4,6) should be quite safe, but I wouldn't count on it over the long term cos Euro Asia is really an en-bloc play (sales committee formed) and based on its plot size, building up to 15 floors is really possible). But then again, who knows? Anything can en-bloc these days, BUT whether they really en-bloc is a different matter altogether.

new2mondrian
08-03-10, 09:28
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-76a8.pdf

I think it's part of the URA land sales.....

nah.... it's not. URA land sales is the plot in front. I am talking about the plot behind that runs along-side the URA plot.

new2mondrian
08-03-10, 09:37
Very easy to just snap a few pictures with the mobile so no problem at all. My in-laws lived in P Pasir and I live nearby, however the estate, strangely is zoned under MP GRC so will be unlikely to have an opposition party! I usually will explore the area abit whenever I go jogging at the Bidadari/P Pasir area.

As far as change in address, I think you will be officially at new address after approximately one year from date of change in IC. Now that you have moved to Holland V, it will be a long way to come by this way. Have you rented or intend to rent your PE?

This GE will be an interesting for PP ward and my guess is that if there is a change in the winning party, the whole place will benefit with more amenities and new development, hopefully!

We have moved out of PE, and within a week of moving into Holland, we received a personalised letter from the Holland MP welcoming us to our new home with a list of the RC members who live in our precinct. Impressed.... esp after all the laissez faire in PP...

Just checked my elections register. I will be voting as a PP resident should elections happen this year (cos we only moved into Holland in Feb 10 and hence the change in IC only happened then). After which, well, I will be at Holland. Keeping fingers crossed that elections happen this year. After so long in PP, I wanna vote as a resident of PP! :)

I am also hoping for a change in the winning party... The winds of change are here in PP at last. I could feel it.... esp with the changing dynamics behind the private versus public housing dwellers at PP. Let's wait and see. PP has tremendous long term potential, so let's just sit tight and wait around.

Parc Mondrian is coming up nicely. The facade is painted, most of the windows are up and it's looking quite nice. Left the pool to tackle. Should be soon.... :D

Deux
09-03-10, 10:30
The facade is painted and most of the windows are up??? Really??? Can anyone please post photos?? If that is true that's great news!

jchong
09-03-10, 11:25
Deux,
Here are some pictures I have taken one week ago. The window grilles are up to about 8 floors though cannot be seen clearly in the pictures, try zooming in. Should have further changes since then. :)

The facade is painted and most of the windows are up??? Really??? Can anyone please post photos?? If that is true that's great news!

NMJ, you can see abit of Euro-Asia behind PM, which is 6-7 storeys high.

Deux
09-03-10, 14:12
Cool, thanks jchong! I hope the facade is really painted already, that will make a huge difference!

new2mondrian
09-03-10, 18:02
Cool, thanks jchong! I hope the facade is really painted already, that will make a huge difference!

it is painted light beige. For some walls, the white bottom coat was still visible on last Sat. Should be finished by now.

jchong
15-03-10, 23:55
Dropped by yesterday and the facade has been painted already and only few window grilles left undone... looking good! Took some pictures with my Camera this time, not handphone, but somehow unable to attach??? Will try again another time. :(

new2mondrian
17-03-10, 11:44
Dropped by yesterday and the facade has been painted already and only few window grilles left undone... looking good! Took some pictures with my Camera this time, not handphone, but somehow unable to attach??? Will try again another time. :(

No probs. Really thanks for helping out to check on PM every now and then. Now that I've moved, I cannot check PM's progress simply by glancing out of my balcony.... :(

PM is coming up nicely, and I have faith that Eng Lim Construction will do a good job out of it. The appliances provided are by Electrolux, the air-con is by Daikin, and wardrobe systems are by Ximula (the retail outlet at Park Mall is quite impressive).

Some trivial on past projects by Eng Lim which I thought might interest fellow Parc Mondrianers:

==================================================

"Eng Lim Construction is awarded the tender based on their credentials, experience and value engineeringwhich they can offer to the project," said Mr Jimmy Lau, Managing Director, Singapore Airshow. "It is imperative that we select a partner who can help us deliver the vision and value proposition ofSingapore Airshow 2008 and beyond. Singapore Airshow is the world’s biggest airshow in Asia. We needto move in tandem with the global business and marketing opportunities for the aviation and defencetechnology industries," he added.

Eng Lim Construction is known for the construction of Maybank Tower, SATS Airfreight Terminal 6,Ministry of Education Headquarters and The Reuters Computer Development Centre among others.

"Since not everyone gets to build an airshow site, this contract definitely adds to our portfolio. We areexcited to have a role to play in one of the world’s largest airshows," said Mr William Ling, GeneralManager, Eng Lim Construction.

(3) Design and Construction of Bishan Interchange Station

The contract for the design, construction and completion of Bishan Interchange Station has been awarded to Econ Corporation Ltd and Eng Lim Construction Co Pte Ltd Joint Venture for the price of S$82,252,235.00.

This contract involves the civil, structural, architectural, plumbing, drainage and reinstatement works for the station, as well as the upgrading of the existing North-South Line Bishan Station. Other works such as the provision of commuter facilities, bus stops and taxi stands, are also included in the contract.

Econ Corporation Ltd has completed projects such as Serangoon and Woodleigh Stations, as well as Chinatown Station, while Eng Lim Construction Co Pte Ltd has completed projects such as the Ministry of Education Headquarters and the Air Freight Terminal No. 6 Building.

Past projects also under Eng Lim.

FY PROJECT
2005 Changi Prison Complex
2002 Galen Building
2001 Maybank Tower
2005 NUS University Hall and Administration Bldg
2003 Trevose 12
2002 Trevose Crescent
1993 4 Sty Research Block and Ammenity Ctr
1990 Balestier Regency
1999 Estalla Gardens Condo
1992 Holland Hill Park
1988 Marine View Mansion
1999 Mera Gardens
2000 New MOE HQ
2000 Northvale Condo
1988 SIM Management House
1996 Teletech Park Building
1997 The Abeerdeen/St Micheal Place
1996 The Alpha
1997 TLB Tampines Centre
1999 Wilmer`s Place
2008 Ext and A and A to Anglo Chinses Sch at Dover Rd
2008 Landmark Building at Changi Business Park
2008 The Quintet

1988 Windsor Park

matadorepy
17-03-10, 12:43
We have moved out of PE, and within a week of moving into Holland, we received a personalised letter from the Holland MP welcoming us to our new home with a list of the RC members who live in our precinct. Impressed.... esp after all the laissez faire in PP...

Just checked my elections register. I will be voting as a PP resident should elections happen this year (cos we only moved into Holland in Feb 10 and hence the change in IC only happened then). After which, well, I will be at Holland. Keeping fingers crossed that elections happen this year. After so long in PP, I wanna vote as a resident of PP! :)

I am also hoping for a change in the winning party... The winds of change are here in PP at last. I could feel it.... esp with the changing dynamics behind the private versus public housing dwellers at PP. Let's wait and see. PP has tremendous long term potential, so let's just sit tight and wait around.

Parc Mondrian is coming up nicely. The facade is painted, most of the windows are up and it's looking quite nice. Left the pool to tackle. Should be soon.... :D

There are many who bought into OL and Intero are actually sons/ daughters or are upgraders from Potong Pasir. So I don't think the wind of change is coming to PP. An even bigger wind of change at national scale is coming soon !!

Deux
18-03-10, 09:45

Does anyone know if the windows are blue, green or brown?:)

jchong
18-03-10, 13:34
Still can't attach the pictures??? The grilles are white and glass green.

Does anyone know if the windows are blue, green or brown?:)

Deux
30-03-10, 21:02
Passed by over the weekend and progress looks good..couldn't see very clearly because it was nighttime though. I really hope to get keys within the next 6 months! Anyone been able to post photos?

wolkom
01-04-10, 17:05
went by this morning and spoke to the security guard - accordingly to him, the interior of the inner block has been painted and cabinets are being installed..
he also says that we can hope to collect keys by July!

having said that, he is just the security guard so not sure if the above is accurate!

:D

sleek
06-04-10, 19:53
The construction mesh had came down on the block facing Potong Pasir Ave 1 when I went by yesterday evening. PM is looking good! :spliff:

new2mondrian
10-04-10, 21:12
The construction mesh had came down on the block facing Potong Pasir Ave 1 when I went by yesterday evening. PM is looking good! :spliff:

that's great news! thanks very much for sharing this here. Haven't seen PM for quite a while since I've moved. Maybe I shd swing by tmrw and take a look.:)

How're things over at 8@W? Is the piling completed? :)

new2mondrian
10-04-10, 21:12
deleted double post

sleek
10-04-10, 22:16
that's great news! thanks very much for sharing this here. Haven't seen PM for quite a while since I've moved. Maybe I shd swing by tmrw and take a look.:)

How're things over at 8@W? Is the piling completed? :)

Drop by today and looks like the entire construction mesh for the inner block had been taken down, as can be seen from the site progress pic of 8@W.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9343/92285299.jpg

azeoprop
11-04-10, 06:46
I will be facing Parc Mondrian everyday next time, it will become my evening sunshade....:p

new2mondrian
12-04-10, 19:48
hi sleek,

thanks very much for posting the pics!

I think Woodleigh will look nice and exclusive after all the property devts are completed. :) I am glad that the piling at 8@W has been completed. Shd be coming up nicely soon.

hi azeoprop,

which stack are you on? so you face the north. hmmm.... if you are on a high floor, maybe can see the flyer and fireworks. my neighbour's unit (above 15 storeys) at Platinum Edge has a fantastic view of Kallang/Bendeemer/flyer and it faces north too.

jchong
12-04-10, 21:08
Hi Sleek, thanks for posting the picture!

Dropped by few hours ago and looks like getting the keys in July does appear possible. Wire mesh is off one block. Looking nice! :)

new2mondrian
13-04-10, 02:31
Thanks jchong!!! Your pic really says it all.... TOP soon!!! :D

sleek
17-04-10, 16:11
Unveiling of the final block! ;)

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8821/32638788.jpg

new2mondrian
19-04-10, 09:39
Thanks sleek.

I went down over the weekend to take a look. The pool is tiled, and basement carpark is done. Very satisfied with Bt Sembawang so far. :)

On a separate note, I drove by Stanford American Internation School, and there was a signboard outside the school stating the architect and ME appointed for the construction of the school, and I saw some construction work going on. When everything is up, the area will be well above the $650-$750psf we all paid for it! :D

sleek
19-04-10, 09:49
Yup, saw a lot of trucks at SAIS site on the weekends too, so hopefully its on target for completion in 2011. :spliff:

Still awaiting the URA release of the site opposite PP MRT Stn, scheduled for sale in April 2010, which will definitely affects the prices in the neighbourhood, especially if its FEO who gets it. :D

jchong
19-04-10, 17:09
Hi sleek,

At the SAIS website it is stated that the opening of the permanent campus will be Aug 2012. I too read it somewhere that target for completion in 2011 as you have mentioned below so just wondering when is the correct date of completion. There were images of the new campus which looks quite nice too. The whole area will look different and nice once the developments are completed! :)

[quote=sleek]Yup, saw a lot of trucks at SAIS site on the weekends too, so hopefully its on target for completion in 2011. :spliff:

sleek
22-04-10, 23:39
Here's where I saw the 2011 completion date. (http://www.h88.com.sg/article/New+Launch+at+District+13+-+8@Woodleigh/) :D

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-06-11/woodleigh_map.jpg (http://www.h88.com.sg/article/New+Launch+at+District+13+-+8@Woodleigh/)

Hi sleek,

At the SAIS website it is stated that the opening of the permanent campus will be Aug 2012. I too read it somewhere that target for completion in 2011 as you have mentioned below so just wondering when is the correct date of completion. There were images of the new campus which looks quite nice too. The whole area will look different and nice once the developments are completed! :)

jchong
23-04-10, 11:27
Hi Sleek,

Thanks for the info. Hopefully SAIS will be completed in 2011 & opening of Woodleigh MRT station!

Here's where I saw the 2011 completion date. (http://www.h88.com.sg/article/New+Launch+at+District+13+-+8@Woodleigh/) :D

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-06-11/woodleigh_map.jpg (http://www.h88.com.sg/article/New+Launch+at+District+13+-+8@Woodleigh/)

sleek
24-04-10, 16:23
Construction Mesh all down! Next up...TOP! Ran by last night and the Stairwell lights were all on, Nice! :cheers1:

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/5415/75096624.jpg

azeoprop
24-04-10, 17:31
If only that is 8@woodleigh... haa haaa 2012 is still so far away. :o

sleek
24-04-10, 17:58
Have patience la, PM also takes almost 3 years to TOP from launch. :cool:

If only that is 8@woodleigh... haa haaa 2012 is still so far away. :o

jchong
25-04-10, 12:03
Sleek, thanks, Great! Will have to drop by and see :D .

Azeoprop, Time will pass quickly and before you know it, it's 2012!

jchong
26-04-10, 11:36
Went down yesterday to have a look. Pool is filled with water, try to see through the trees.:)

new2mondrian
26-04-10, 14:41
Hi sleek and jchong,

thanks very much for posting all the photos! PM certainly looks good now that all the construction mesh is down! =) i drove by ytd.... the guardhouse is also constructed.... TOP soon!!!

There was a full page advert taken up by NexMall in last weekend's papers, with a profile of all its tenants. 95% tenanted so far, with a regional library located within the mall, and Isetan is the anchor tenant. The whole place is starting to look good... :)

azeoprop
01-05-10, 16:18
Close up video :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQZEu_jry8U

jchong
03-05-10, 17:43
Hi azeoprop, thanks, great video on woodleigh! :D

Close up video :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQZEu_jry8U

new2mondrian
03-05-10, 19:25
Hi azeoprop,

Thanks very much! Your zoom is really fantastic!!!

Where did you take the video from? Can share?

new2mondrian
03-05-10, 19:33
by the way i think the election machinery is really cranking up at last....

a lot more walkabouts in the neighbourhood by the MPs these days... really keeping fingers crossed that it will be this year. I wanna vote from Potong Pasir!!!

Any Potong Pasir voters around here? Any movement ard the grds at PP? :)

sleek
03-05-10, 19:37
Yup, think very likely during Sep school holidays, but not PP voter yet. ;)

a lot more walkabouts in the neighbourhood by the MPs these days... really keeping fingers crossed that it will be this year. I wanna vote from Potong Pasir!!!

jchong
04-05-10, 23:35
Also think it will be in Sep school holidays. Currently not a PP voter.

05-05-10, 08:45
Don't think it will be in Sep (especially during school holidays) bcos it is too near the end of the YOG Games and that is another massive exercise.
In fact i was thinking with the slew of good news it could be before national day this year.:beats-me-man:

devilplate
05-05-10, 09:28
Election shd be in 2011 and anything before march 2012?

sleek
05-05-10, 10:14
Even more likely to ride on the high patriotism of the successful YOG! ;)

Don't think it will be in Sep (especially during school holidays) bcos it is too near the end of the YOG Games and that is another massive exercise.
In fact i was thinking with the slew of good news it could be before national day this year.:beats-me-man:

edward.neota
05-05-10, 13:33
Hi
The location of Parc Mondrian is good, any one of you aware if additional access road to Woodleigh Park (walking path) is available for this project ?.

May be we should ask Bukit Sembawang to consider this too, as the additional "back door" access to Woodleight Park Road will be very convinient, fast and safe to walk to potong pasir MRT.

sleek
05-05-10, 14:09
Hi
The location of Parc Mondrian is good, any one of you aware if additional access road to Woodleigh Park (walking path) is available for this project ?.

May be we should ask Bukit Sembawang to consider this too, as the additional "back door" access to Woodleight Park Road will be very convinient, fast and safe to walk to potong pasir MRT.

Not that I recalled seeing a backdoor, since its blocked off by Euro-Asia & the PUB Clubhouse. :beats-me-man:

new2mondrian
05-05-10, 19:17

Agree it should be before National Day this year. Monitor the good news barometer and it seems to be increasing in frequency.... from 1% increase to CPF rates to unveiling of the Circle Line to launch of Marina Bay (gardens and helix bridge, not casino though) to the slew of positive economic data. Drag till next year, there will be more uncertainties for the Govt to deal with, from a slowdown in economic growth (since 2010 benefits from a low base in 2009) to the uncertainty of the PIGS economies. Now that the changes in the NMP structure and election process is to be legislated, elections are definitely round the corner.

Hopefully this elections mark the turning point for Potong Pasir. Let's all wait and see. This is also a tipping point for PP; with the explosion of private devts that TOP over the past 3 years to the departure of Chiam See Tong, PP will be an electoral hotbed this year. :)

Hi

Woodleigh MRT station will be operational from 2011, no need to walk to Potong Pasir. Since the election is coming around, maybe it is time for PP residents to feedback appropriately for the opening of the Woodleigh station. :D

azeoprop
06-05-10, 00:52
Hi azeoprop,

Thanks very much! Your zoom is really fantastic!!!

Where did you take the video from? Can share?

Taken from the top floor of blk104. :)

06-05-10, 08:35
Should still ask for the back door access (if it is not provided for) as the amenities (minimart, mac....) are at Potong Pasir. Also Developer might be able to incorporate it in. At the end of the day, no harm asking

Hi

WoodleighPhile
16-05-10, 20:30
Sold my Parc Mondrian penthouse unit in a subsale in early 2010 and pocketed almost 200k. Question: did I make a mistake? Looks like the prices seem to be going up and up...

The_Way_I_See_It
17-05-10, 10:37
Sold my Parc Mondrian penthouse unit in a subsale in early 2010 and pocketed almost 200k. Question: did I make a mistake? Looks like the prices seem to be going up and up...
Juz an honest mistake .. Move On ...Bro /Sister.:)

jchong
17-05-10, 15:51
Dropped by 2 days ago :jogging: and understand that only the internal painting of units and the facilities are not completed as we can see from the pictures. Likely TOP Jul/Aug. :D

School 2 blocks of building already demolished!

WoodleighPhile, you pocketed almost $200K , so it should not be considered a mistake since it is not a loss!

matadorepy
17-05-10, 17:27
Dropped by 2 days ago :jogging: and understand that only the internal painting of units and the facilities are not completed as we can see from the pictures. Likely TOP Jul/Aug. :D

School 2 blocks of building already demolished!

WoodleighPhile, you pocketed almost $200K , so it should not be considered a mistake since it is not a loss!

This project really wait long long to TOP .. just can't understand what the developer is up to? Owners next wonder is .. How is the quality and if they need to wait long long to rectify. Sorry not meant to poke fun on owners here ...

mantrix
17-05-10, 17:42

safer to sell on way up than at the peak...use the cash to reinvest elsewhere :spliff:

18-05-10, 17:45
Think many pple would not mind making such a mistake :D

jchong
22-05-10, 19:02
Anyone receive letter from lawyer regarding TOP?

hamster67
22-05-10, 21:57
Rodyk & Davidson advised TOP estimated in 3rd qtr 2010, but maybe earlier or later depending on progress of construction. In addition, issue of keys would be staggered for different units.

jchong
22-05-10, 22:39
looks like letter is out to some/all.

Rodyk & Davidson advised TOP estimated in 3rd qtr 2010, but maybe earlier or later depending on progress of construction. In addition, issue of keys would be staggered for different units.

new2mondrian
24-05-10, 14:49

Yup. I got that letter through my lawyers (through fax and mail) close to 3 wks ago. You should go and ask your own lawyers for an update.

The contents was something like TOP is expected to be end 3rd quarter, hence plse ensure that we prepare 6 months' conservancy fees and any financing in time for TOP. Pretty standard terms....

new2mondrian
24-05-10, 14:51

There is never such a thing as a right time to sell.... just do whatever you are most comfortable with and don't look back. Take the money and roll....

Komo
24-05-10, 22:58
It's all about timing and luck.
Probably you'd missed a better deal.
But there is always another window of opportunity, and another, and another. Just stay alert and be patient. :cool:

new2mondrian
30-05-10, 03:09
Out of curiousity, how many PM owners are there in this forum? Since PM is going to TOP soon, it would be interesting to know. :)

1. Jchong
2. Deux
3. Edward.neota?
4. Hamster67
5. new2mondrian

And oh yes, have you guys been getting persistent calls from agents too? Also dunno where all these agents dug out all our contact info and unit numbers. Can be pretty irritating at times.

Drove by PM on Vesak Day. Pool is tiled and almost ready, and they are doing the water feature at entrance. The underground car park looks ready too. Guess we should really be collecting keys by Sept 2010.

jchong
31-05-10, 10:54
Ya received calls from them since long time ago and was wondering how they got the info!! Just quote them a selling price I want and tell them to call if they can get it! PP and Woodleigh area should fetch better price than the current price with all the developments coming up! :beats-me-man:

Dropped by last Sat too.

Out of curiousity, how many PM owners are there in this forum? Since PM is going to TOP soon, it would be interesting to know. :)

1. Jchong
2. Deux
3. Edward.neota?
4. Hamster67
5. new2mondrian

And oh yes, have you guys been getting persistent calls from agents too? Also dunno where all these agents dug out all our contact info and unit numbers. Can be pretty irritating at times.

Drove by PM on Vesak Day. Pool is tiled and almost ready, and they are doing the water feature at entrance. The underground car park looks ready too. Guess we should really be collecting keys by Sept 2010.

new2mondrian
08-06-10, 10:25
Ya received calls from them since long time ago and was wondering how they got the info!! Just quote them a selling price I want and tell them to call if they can get it! PP and Woodleigh area should fetch better price than the current price with all the developments coming up! :beats-me-man:

Dropped by last Sat too.

Hi Jchong,

Did you drop by Parc Mondrian lately? Any pics? :)

jchong
08-06-10, 11:47
Yes I did take but on my proper camera which cannot be downloaded here last time. Only when I take with my mobile camera then I can download! :confused: Will post next time I take, probably this weekend.

Hey, I was at Minton at the same time as you on a Sun, 30 May. U bought a 1 bedder, seems like you are busy with one property after another! Appear that your pte properties are along NEL.

Hi Jchong,

Did you drop by Parc Mondrian lately? Any pics? :)

new2mondrian
08-06-10, 19:27
Yes I did take but on my proper camera which cannot be downloaded here last time. Only when I take with my mobile camera then I can download! :confused: Will post next time I take, probably this weekend.

Hey, I was at Minton at the same time as you on a Sun, 30 May. U bought a 1 bedder, seems like you are busy with one property after another! Appear that your pte properties are along NEL.

I could have bumped into you without knowing it!

Minton is for or my parents to stay in, hence not for investment lah. Makes sense for them to move into a studio and rent out their HDB 5-room. Actually not all my properties are along the NEL. Though I remain bullish about the long term prospects of the Potong Pasir/Serangoon sector. You must have been too, otherwise won't be vested at PM right? :)

Draw a 6-7km radius around Potong Pasir, we will hit Dhoby Ghaut, Newton/Novena, Suntec/Marina, Bugis... Plus with so much land slated for development at the Bidadari side, there will be a natural price support against the freehold properties at Woodleigh over the next 5-10 years. Minton is not too bad as well, the studios are reasonably priced at $800-890psf (rare for studios even in the OCR) when I went for the VIP launch, and I can hit Suntec via KPE in less than 20 mins.

There are tonnes of International schools along Serangoon/Woodleigh sector to generate rental demand while Woodleigh gets developed.

jchong
08-06-10, 19:50
Yeah, with so many developments around the area, I am bullish on the prospects of P Pasir/Serangoon sector, but hope don't have to wait too long, especially the Woodleigh/Bidadari area..:) I wonder when they are going to start constructing the commercial building at Woodleigh station?....and the residential HDB which I believe will follow in time to come...at Bidadari.

I could have bumped into you without knowing it!

Minton is for or my parents to stay in, hence not for investment lah. Makes sense for them to move into a studio and rent out their HDB 5-room. Actually not all my properties are along the NEL. Though I remain bullish about the long term prospects of the Potong Pasir/Serangoon sector. You must have been too, otherwise won't be vested at PM right? :)

Draw a 6-7km radius around Potong Pasir, we will hit Dhoby Ghaut, Newton/Novena, Suntec/Marina, Bugis... Plus with so much land slated for development at the Bidadari side, there will be a natural price support against the freehold properties at Woodleigh over the next 5-10 years. Minton is not too bad as well, the studios are reasonably priced at $800-890psf (rare for studios even in the OCR) when I went for the VIP launch, and I can hit Suntec via KPE in less than 20 mins.

There are tonnes of International schools along Serangoon/Woodleigh sector to generate rental demand while Woodleigh gets developed.

devilplate
08-06-10, 20:16
still under detailed planning...may take a long time to develop..

govt not stupid..if they build HDB there or sell land there now..ppl sure say spooky

hence, they will wait till next generation... they still got their punggol and kallang riverside to worry about...plus marina bay area(still got lots fo white site)

woodleigh shd be last on the list

anw, if ppty market remains bullish, any condo prices will rise as well...even geylang aso up liao...but not those apt w/o facilities

scsc
08-06-10, 21:13
still under detailed planning...may take a long time to develop..

govt not stupid..if they build HDB there or sell land there now..ppl sure say spooky

hence, they will wait till next generation... they still got their punggol and kallang riverside to worry about...plus marina bay area(still got lots fo white site)

woodleigh shd be last on the list

anw, if ppty market remains bullish, any condo prices will rise as well...even geylang aso up liao...but not those apt w/o facilities

Yup, totally agree with devilplate on his view...
Meanwhile enjoy the serene stroll on Bidadari plateau.. at least for the next 5 years.. :cool:

jchong
08-06-10, 21:44
Yup, agree with you both. Now just enjoy the park!

Yup, totally agree with devilplate on his view...
Meanwhile enjoy the serene stroll on Bidadari plateau.. at least for the next 5 years.. :cool:

sleek
08-06-10, 22:01
Yup, agree with the 3 of you! :cheers1:

The Bidadari Park is now part of my run areas since Bishan Park upgrading. :D

Yup, agree with you both. Now just enjoy the park!

jchong
08-06-10, 22:09
Me too if I miss my gym. We may be jogging pass each other!:)

Yup, agree with the 3 of you! :cheers1:

The Bidadari Park is now part of my run areas since Bishan Park upgrading. :D

sleek
08-06-10, 22:11
Definitely! Hope to catch you in one of your runs there! :cheers1:

Me too if I miss my gym. We may be jogging pass each other!:)

scsc
08-06-10, 22:35
Definitely! Hope to catch you in one of your runs there! :cheers1:

Wow... running mice around Bidadari ya.... How to identify each other when we run pass each other? How abt giving a signal?

sleek
08-06-10, 22:42
Ok, look out for my nick on the SgRunners (http://www.sgrunners.com/forum//index.php?) red/white run-top. ;)

Or we can arrange for a run there. :D

Wow... running mice around Bidadari ya.... How to identify each other when we run pass each other? How abt giving a signal?

new2mondrian
09-06-10, 09:34
Yup, we should all enjoy Bidadari while it lasts! It is really a beautiful and tranquil park. Can do bird watching there on weekends too. :)

azeoprop
09-06-10, 12:46
Yup, we should all enjoy Bidadari while it lasts! It is really a beautiful and tranquil park. Can do bird watching there on weekends too. :)

The park is a birding hotspot especially during Nov-Feb migration season. U will get to see alot of rare visiting species of birds. :)

new2mondrian
09-06-10, 14:30
The park is a birding hotspot especially during Nov-Feb migration season. U will get to see alot of rare visiting species of birds. :)

So many nature lovers ard PP! That's great!

Thanks for the info. Will look out for them. :) My child loves bird watching too.

jchong
11-06-10, 12:06
Only 5 owners, no new additions?? What about NMJ, Wolkom or have you guys sold your units??

1. Jchong
2. Deux
3. Edward.neota?
4. Hamster67
5. new2mondrian

hamster67
12-06-10, 08:45
Anyone received any offers so far for stack 3 units?

hamster67
12-06-10, 13:42
Heard that TOP being rushed for 1 July.

new2mondrian
13-06-10, 19:17
Anyone received any offers so far for stack 3 units?

I have been receiving offers almost every month since the start of this year. and not at stack 3. but not keen to sell... I am holding PM over the medium to long term.

Some of these offers may not be real anyway. Might just be some unethical agents fishing for units to sell.

1 July should be a do-able deadline. Left the surroundings/landscaping. Even the peripheral wall is up. :)

hamster67
13-06-10, 20:59
Appears that most of the owners are occupiers who are prepared to hold for the long term. It would be interesting to have a survey of the owners' threshold of an offer price that they would find difficult to refuse at the immediate term and over the long term.:)

devilplate
13-06-10, 21:21
Appears that most of the owners are occupiers who are prepared to hold for the long term. It would be interesting to have a survey of the owners' threshold of an offer price that they would find difficult to refuse at the immediate term and over the long term.:)

1kpsf shd do the trick:D

jchong
14-06-10, 10:37
Pictures taken yesterday, can't see much changes from my pictures as too late to take from Woodleigh Close.

Fence up along Upp Serangoon Rd for the construction of SAIS already. Signboard indicates SAIS expected date of completion : Aug 2012.

wolkom
14-06-10, 21:29
Still here, checking this forum only occasionally due to upcoming wedding stress.. haha

We were hoping PM will TOP before our wedding but looks like it's not possible!
:( we received a letter saying TOP is expected to be end 3rd quarter ..

thanks for the detailed photos jchong!

jchong
15-06-10, 10:41
Congratulations! :cheers4: at least we know you are still here.

N2M, (N@M,ast) one more owner added to the list at PM.

Still here, checking this forum only occasionally due to upcoming wedding stress.. haha

We were hoping PM will TOP before our wedding but looks like it's not possible!
:( we received a letter saying TOP is expected to be end 3rd quarter ..

thanks for the detailed photos jchong!

new2mondrian
15-06-10, 12:36
Congratulations! :cheers4: at least we know you are still here.

N2M, one more owner added to the list at PM.

Oh cool! Here goes the list.... 6% of all units at PM. :)

1. Jchong
2. Deux
3. Edward.neota?
4. Hamster67
5. new2mondrian
6. wolkom

Wolkom, congrats on your wedding!

Deux
15-06-10, 15:57
congrats on your wedding wolkom!

I got married last November and back then I was hoping that PM would be ready before my wedding haha, so you have a better chance than I did.

although now that I've waited so long for PM to be ready, I hope they take their time with the finishing touches and not rush it for 1 July!

I hope they plant more trees/plants in the development, will complement our nice green surroundings :D

oh, does anyone have any news on the backdoor to woodleigh park btw? it's a pretty good idea...

scsc
15-06-10, 18:53
congrats on your wedding wolkom!

I got married last November and back then I was hoping that PM would be ready before my wedding haha, so you have a better chance than I did.

although now that I've waited so long for PM to be ready, I hope they take their time with the finishing touches and not rush it for 1 July!

I hope they plant more trees/plants in the development, will complement our nice green surroundings :D

oh, does anyone have any news on the backdoor to woodleigh park btw? it's a pretty good idea...

Backdoor to woodleigh park (as in punch a road through the Waterworks compound & link towards the north direction) ?

Not sure if the Waterworks compound is there for long term? Anyone knows :beats-me-man:

I had that in my dream including having a tunnel linking to Toa Payoh Lor8... some aggressive wishing thinking i guess :D

jchong
15-06-10, 20:14
Pictures taken few hours ago. Understand that Eng Lim will hand over PM to developer in Aug so I think TOP will be 3Q10, 1 Jul not possible.

Deux, there is not much left except facilities and railings at balconies/planters, it doesn't look like they are not rushing at all since the TOP is still 3Q.

Aren't there plenty of trees already?? Some even grow on the pavements!! on the way from main road to PM.

Do you mean backdoor to P Pasir or Woodleigh Park? To PP, maybe there is still a chance. Woodleigh Park, didn't hear of anything, but a good idea indeed!

scsc
16-06-10, 17:54
Pictures taken few hours ago. Understand that Eng Lim will hand over PM to developer in Aug so I think TOP will be 3Q10, 1 Jul not possible.

Deux, there is not much left except facilities and railings at balconies/planters, it doesn't look like they are not rushing at all since the TOP is still 3Q.

Aren't there plenty of trees already?? Some even grow on the pavements!! on the way from main road to PM.

Do you mean backdoor to P Pasir or Woodleigh Park? To PP, maybe there is still a chance. Woodleigh Park, didn't hear of anything, but a good idea indeed!

The WaterWorks site is classified as Reserve site... shouldn't it be classified as Utility site in the 2008 Masterplan :beats-me-man:

jchong
16-06-10, 18:51
Ya, don't know how URA do their classification. :confused: The bus depot at Braddell is classified as Utility in the Mplan.

The WaterWorks site is classified as Reserve site... shouldn't it be classified as Utility site in the 2008 Masterplan :beats-me-man:

new2mondrian
16-06-10, 19:26

Maybe the waterworks could potentially move one day?

Actually almost the whole Woodleigh/Bidadari area is on Govt reserve site subject to detailed planning. Even the landed housing in Woodleigh Park are on Govt lease and therefore can be easily redeveloped.

And thanks for the nice pics!

By the way, is scsc vested at PM too? :)

scsc
16-06-10, 20:31
Maybe the waterworks could potentially move one day?

Actually almost the whole Woodleigh/Bidadari area is on Govt reserve site subject to detailed planning. Even the landed housing in Woodleigh Park are on Govt lease and therefore can be easily redeveloped.

And thanks for the nice pics!

By the way, is scsc vested at PM too? :)

future neighbours... hehe...

i know this area for a long long time... juz after PP choose CST.. though I'm not staying in PP currently.

Fate brings me back to Woodleigh... so to speak

Deux
17-06-10, 16:50
Thanks for the photos jchong!

I hope the landed housing doesn't move!! We have a nice view of Bidadari now because of the low lying landed housing in front of us...

new2mondrian
18-06-10, 14:21

I hope the landed housing doesn't move!! We have a nice view of Bidadari now because of the low lying landed housing in front of us...

no no no.... you've got me wrong. I don't mean the landed housing along Wan Tho/Pheng Geck area (aka Senett Estate). Those are freehold landed housing areas that have a maximum building height of 2 storeys (excluding attic) which PM is facing. The immediate staff housing for PUB in front of Parc Mondrian lies on a plot of land that is rather odd-shaped and narrow, interspersed with designated Heritage Trees (which cannot be chopped down) by the NParks which makes any construction difficult. So I think PM's view should be quite safe.

What I am referring to is all the colonial black and white bungalows (on Govt lease) behind the Woodleigh Waterworks/Euro Asia Park area, a stretch commonly known as Woodleigh Park. That is a sizeable plot of land (approx half of Bidadari size) that stretches all the way to Braddell Road. Currently it is zoned as "Subject to Detailed Planning", similar to Biddadari. This is excluding the Waterworks area, which is not small in itself and strangely classified as "Reserve land" under URA Masterplan 2008.

Deux
18-06-10, 15:00
The immediate staff housing for PUB in front of Parc Mondrian lies on a plot of land that is rather odd-shaped and narrow, interspersed with designated Heritage Trees (which cannot be chopped down) by the NParks which makes any construction difficult. So I think PM's view should be quite safe.

That is very good to know!! :)

Ok I know which colonial bungalows you are talking about, and yes, there is great potential for redevelopment of that area!

kianhwee
19-06-10, 15:53
Hi guys,

Do you guys have already the detailed floor plan (with dimensions) of your PM unit? If not, when will we get it?

Deux
20-06-10, 21:45
Hi guys,

Do you guys have already the detailed floor plan (with dimensions) of your PM unit? If not, when will we get it?

I haven't received it yet, don't know about the rest...but yes, it will be very helpful to have it now, since the GSS is going on!

hamster67
20-06-10, 21:56
Found the following environmental-friendly features about Parc Mondrian at BCA site:
Parc Mondrian Award: Green Mark Certified
Address: 21 Woodleigh Close Postal Code: 357916 District: District 13 Developer: Bukit Sembawang Estates Ltd Architect: P&T Consultants Pte Ltd Structural Engineer: Engineering 2000 M&E Engineer: United Project Consultants Pte Ltd Landscape Consultant: Sitetectonix Pte Ltd Quality Surveyor: JIA Quantity Surveyors & Project Managers Pte Ltd Main Contractor: Eng Lim Construction Co Pte Ltd Project Description Parc Mondrian is block of 17 storey Residential Flat Building with basement carpark, Swimming pool & Communal Facilities located at 21 Woodleigh Close, Parc Mondrian Singapore 357916.
Green Features: * Building designed for good ventaliation. * Energy efficiency lighting to common area. * Energy efficiency air-conditioners (4 ticks)

new2mondrian
22-06-10, 11:34
Hi guys,

Okies, first I update the list of users who are vested at Parc Mondrian. Guess we will be seeing each other around Woodleigh area soon... :)

1. Jchong
2. Deux
3. Edward.neota?
4. Hamster67
5. new2mondrian
6. wolkom
7. scsc
8. kianhwee

Hi kianhwee,

To your questions, I called up Sembawang to ask. You guys can call Jenny Liew (DID: 68900319) to enquire on all PM related matters.

1) The detailed floor plan will be released only upon TOP, upon collection of keys. It is not possible for Bt Sembawang to even release any indicative/draft detailed floor plan currently; they require the surveyor to formally sign off on the dimensions taken for each unit, and this only happens just prior to TOP.

2) Bt Sembawang confirms that the expected TOP date for PM is END Qtr 3. Hence, to set expectations right, we should be looking at collection of keys somewhere during the last week(s) of Sept 2010.

kianhwee
22-06-10, 13:46
Hi kianhwee,

To your questions, I called up Sembawang to ask. You guys can call Jenny Liew (DID: 68900319) to enquire on all PM related matters.

1) The detailed floor plan will be released only upon TOP, upon collection of keys. It is not possible for Bt Sembawang to even release any indicative/draft detailed floor plan currently; they require the surveyor to formally sign off on the dimensions taken for each unit, and this only happens just prior to TOP.

2) Bt Sembawang confirms that the expected TOP date for PM is END Qtr 3. Hence, to set expectations right, we should be looking at collection of keys somewhere during the last week(s) of Sept 2010.
Thanks new2mondrian! Really appreciate your initiative to contact Bt Sembawang.

Cheers!

hamster67
22-06-10, 21:11
Okies, first I update the list of users who are vested at Parc Mondrian. Guess we will be seeing each other around Woodleigh area soon... :)

1. Jchong
2. Deux
3. Edward.neota?
4. Hamster67
5. new2mondrian
6. wolkom
7. scsc
8. kianhwee

Hi kianhwee,

I guess it may be deliberately planned to avoid the Chinese Seventh Month...

jchong
22-06-10, 22:12
Which is good as it is supposed to be not a good time for renovating and moving in, believe it or not. :scared-3: The last day of the seventh month is 7 Sep.

scsc
23-06-10, 00:59

1. Jchong
2. Deux
3. Edward.neota?
4. Hamster67
5. new2mondrian
6. wolkom
7. scsc
8. kianhwee

Hi kianhwee,

urh... me not vested in PM... but the neighbouring project under construction... paise if u mis-read..
Still neighbours:ashamed1:

jchong
07-07-10, 18:35
Some updated pictures, almost there! :)

azeoprop
07-07-10, 19:11
I've got this video clip taken on 4th july 10.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3HVQBDkFak

jchong
07-07-10, 19:23
Thanks for taking PM as well, nice job! :)

wolkom
14-08-10, 13:21
back from wedding and honeymoon.. looking forward to moving into PM :) .. hopefully end of the year?

currently researching on ID and reno stuff.. not sure how much we'll need to renovate though
how about u guys, have u all started or waiting for TOP 1st?

focus
14-08-10, 13:56
back from wedding and honeymoon.. looking forward to moving into PM :) .. hopefully end of the year?

currently researching on ID and reno stuff.. not sure how much we'll need to renovate though
how about u guys, have u all started or waiting for TOP 1st?

Good luck on your ID and reno stuff.
Once they hear it's a condo, everything costs double of what it takes for a HDB. even when materials are the same.

HDB a complete reno (very nice luxurious feel) with retiling and hacking costs around $45k. But a condo, at $45K without retiling or hacking, they tell you is really just the basic ('coz standard condo promo package $20k only covers living rm and masterbedrm). Ify ou include the other 2-3bedrooms, $45k is just nice to cover basic (not luxurious feel).

scsc
14-08-10, 14:33
Good luck on your ID and reno stuff.
Once they hear it's a condo, everything costs double of what it takes for a HDB. even when materials are the same.

HDB a complete reno (very nice luxurious feel) with retiling and hacking costs around $45k. But a condo, at $45K without retiling or hacking, they tell you is really just the basic ('coz standard condo promo package $20k only covers living rm and masterbedrm). Ify ou include the other 2-3bedrooms, $45k is just nice to cover basic (not luxurious feel).

wow... hmm.. guess have to DIY or reno in stages to cut cost
me a newbie in reno for condo.. anyone care to list down basic stuff to fix?

focus
14-08-10, 17:34
wow... hmm.. guess have to DIY or reno in stages to cut cost
me a newbie in reno for condo.. anyone care to list down basic stuff to fix?

Or get a contractor to do the job if you really know what you want and good at colour co-ordination. They are cheaper since IDs usually marked up for their "design" capability and outsource a lot of work to contractors.

devilplate
14-08-10, 22:37
Or get a contractor to do the job if you really know what you want and good at colour co-ordination. They are cheaper since IDs usually marked up for their "design" capability and outsource a lot of work to contractors.

yes can save by half...but time consuming...goto be there to jaga

ginseng1
25-09-10, 16:17
How many parking lots are there at PM?

Understand that there are about 100 units.

Sure unlikely to accomodate 2 cars per unit.

jchong
27-09-10, 11:26
yes 100 plus 2 for handicapped.

How many parking lots are there at PM?

Understand that there are about 100 units.

Sure unlikely to accomodate 2 cars per unit.

Deux
06-10-10, 15:27
Does anyone have any idea when we can expect to get keys?

jchong
06-10-10, 16:40
Does anyone have any idea when we can expect to get keys?

The last time I spoke to Bt Sembawang early Sep, was told that TOP will be end Oct, so will be soon.

azeoprop
06-10-10, 17:53
Just passed by there, seems like everything is almost ready, just doing some touch ups. :)

sleek
08-10-10, 19:20
Looking good! :cheers1:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk36/sleek00000/08102010545.jpg

wolkom
12-10-10, 02:01
thanks for the pics! :)
can't wait to move in..

those who have visited the site - do u know anything about the water feature (quite near to my unit haha) ? just wondering if it will be noisy, or more like a gentle soothing sound...

Deux
02-11-10, 15:42
Any updates on the TOP date? :)

Can't wait to collect my keys!

kianhwee
02-11-10, 20:12
Called BS today and was told that TOP will happen this month!

Cheers.

kianhwee
02-11-10, 20:17
BTW, BS informed that they can send the detailed floor plan upon request.

Jenny Liu of BS seems to be the nicer person to speak to. She is helpful.

Cheers.