Pages : 1 [2]

devilplate
25-11-10, 15:18
21 Woodleigh Close #03-01
Freehold
$843
$1180k
02 Nov 10

i haf been monitoring the ads for this project BUT how come i nvr come across this one? very good buy leh especially 8wood almost hitting 1kpsf and scala at 1.2kpsf

currently, asking prices for 8wood is ridiculous..:D

rattydrama
27-11-10, 01:06
U looking at this project? I almost strike a deal 3 months back. Highjack by another agent who lower commission by 5K to close a deal. It all happens within 1 hr.

Just my luck.:simmering:

21 Woodleigh Close #03-01
Freehold
$843
$1180k
02 Nov 10

i haf been monitoring the ads for this project BUT how come i nvr come across this one? very good buy leh especially 8wood almost hitting 1kpsf and scala at 1.2kpsf

currently, asking prices for 8wood is ridiculous..:D

azeoprop
27-11-10, 09:40
I think woodleigh close projects (euro asia, PM, blossoms and 8@W) will be popular with ang mo once the american school starts. ;)

wolkom
04-12-10, 23:53
Called BS today and was told that TOP will happen this month!

Cheers.

has anyone heard anything from BS?

jchong
06-12-10, 10:54
has anyone heard anything from BS?

Just spoke to someone as Jenny is not available, at BS and said they are still waiting for TOP which should happen soon. Last I spoke to Jenny was TOP should be in Dec.

kianhwee
06-12-10, 15:23
Haven't received anything yet. From Sep to Oct to Nov to now Dec... Sigh, don't think can even move in before CNY. Don't sure what's happening... Having said that, hopefully with all the waiting, we will see a good build job.

Cheers.

kianhwee
23-12-10, 19:34
Was informed today by BS that TOP obtained. Now only wait for our lawyer to contact us.

Cheers and Have a Blessed Christmas!

sleek
23-12-10, 21:28
And a Happy New Year! :cheers1:

Was informed today by BS that TOP obtained. Now only wait for our lawyer to contact us.

Cheers and Have a Blessed Christmas!

kings
26-12-10, 11:45
thanks for the pics! :)
can't wait to move in..

those who have visited the site - do u know anything about the water feature (quite near to my unit haha) ? just wondering if it will be noisy, or more like a gentle soothing sound...
u can have a beautiful view from 108 potong pasir top floor corridor towards woodleigh estate

kianhwee
29-12-10, 19:42
Finally, the wait is over. Received the letter to make some payment for 6 months maintenance fee and surveyor fee before can make appointment for key collection.

Btw, the maintenance fee is pretty high. Does anybody know why?

mantrix
29-12-10, 19:48
Finally, the wait is over. Received the letter to make some payment for 6 months maintenance fee and surveyor fee before can make appointment for key collection.

congratz - fee is high cos number of units is low.

It may get higher still...:spliff2:

devilplate
29-12-10, 20:09
congratz - fee is high cos number of units is low.

It may get higher still...:spliff2:
Later on cfm increase another 50-100 buck sinking fund

mantrix
29-12-10, 21:16
Later on cfm increase another 50-100 buck sinking fund

Indeed. I would buy small developments for self stay but not for investment - the maintenance may suck you dry :p

rattydrama
29-12-10, 22:40
are you able to share what is the maintenance fee like?

kianhwee
11-01-11, 14:17
For those who have collected your keys and had a look around at your apartments, you may like to share your opinions and perhaps the defects that you found.

Let me share mine here...

1. Gaps between tiles are wide, in my opinion.
2. The locks on the sliding doors on balcony, bathrooms, planters could not latch properly. Do anyone have the same issue?
3. Those vertical bars in the bedroom cupboards are not "vertical". These bars are secured to the flooring and the ceiling.
4. The wooden skirtings in the cupboards are unsightly, in my opinion.
5. The toilet roll holder at inconvenient location. ;)
6. The pillars/columns in the carpark are a nightmare!

Thanks for your contribution.

devilplate
11-01-11, 16:09
For those who have collected your keys and had a look around at your apartments, you may like to share your opinions and perhaps the defects that you found.

Let me share mine here...

1. Gaps between tiles are wide, in my opinion.
2. The locks on the sliding doors on balcony, bathrooms, planters could not latch properly. Do anyone have the same issue?
3. Those vertical bars in the bedroom cupboards are not "vertical". These bars are secured to the flooring and the ceiling.
4. The wooden skirtings in the cupboards are unsightly, in my opinion.
5. The toilet roll holder at inconvenient location. ;)
6. The pillars/columns in the carpark are a nightmare!

Thanks for your contribution.

this project using homogenous tiles? marble/compressed marble will not have big gaps....

mangorind
13-01-11, 11:15
Haven't received any news yet from the lawyer.

Jojo
13-01-11, 15:22
Actually I love my unit very much but the maintenance fee is high and the carpark is a concern. No visitor carpark, so house warming how?:doh:

scsc
13-01-11, 15:41
Actually I love my unit very much but the maintenance fee is high and the carpark is a concern. No visitor carpark, so house warming how?:doh:

Either
Visitors park at HDB in Potong Pasir
Visitors use mrt instead
Visitors use cab

or U fetch the Visitors...:D

Deux
13-01-11, 15:44
I can't wait to receive my keys! I bought a unit in stack 3 but I heard keys for units in stacks 1 and 3 have not been given out yet :(

Can someone please PM me to let me know what the maintenance fee is?

Thanks!

Lovelle
13-01-11, 17:03
everyone say maintenance is high. wonder how much is it..

devilplate
13-01-11, 17:55
everyone say maintenance is high. wonder how much is it..

if its below $400 for 3bedder....den quite norm....but 2-3yrs later add $50-100 sinking fund ....den hit $500...hehe

Jojo
13-01-11, 20:32
It is $70 per share value. 3bedder has share value of 7 ( /685). Work out the math... :scared-5:

Deux
16-01-11, 16:31
Does anyone know who we can write to to request for a breakdown/justification of the fees? $490 per month is exhorbitant considering the facilities of the development.

It is $70 per share value. 3bedder has share value of 7 ( /685). Work out the math... :scared-5:

sleek
16-01-11, 16:55
Thought the fees should had been reflected in the S&P? :beats-me-man:

Does anyone know who we can write to to request for a breakdown/justification of the fees? $490 per month is exhorbitant considering the facilities of the development.

spikey69
16-01-11, 19:44

is there a difference between the maint fees for the larger 3-bedders (1,658 sq ft) and the 'normal' ones (1,399 sq ft)?

Deux
16-01-11, 22:25
The share value is reflected in the S&P, not the maintenance amount per share value..

kianhwee
16-01-11, 23:02
I can't wait to receive my keys! I bought a unit in stack 3 but I heard keys for units in stacks 1 and 3 have not been given out yet :(

Can someone please PM me to let me know what the maintenance fee is?

Thanks!

I've seen reno started in stack 1 (lighting fixed up already) and 4, not so sure about stack 3.

superchingui
17-01-11, 11:38
hi i called the Managing Agent - -Property Facilities Services pte ltd (PSF) to ask for a breakdown on the maintenance fees. Seems the most expensive and extravagent item is the security guards : there are 2 on duty in the day and 2 at nite! so total 4 - costing 10k already per month. And there are other costs like PUB (another 10k) and ladscaping, management fees, swimming pool etc... so total expenditure amounting to 50-60k a month!!! He says they already sourced for best/lowest price for each item.

And the proposed fee structure were approved by bukit sembawang and then approved by Building and Construction Authority (BCA). The breakdown of shares per unit is determined by BCA, not PSF. (i.e. min 6 shares for 2bedder, max 8 shares for the 2nd floor with patio type / total 685 shares)

Suggested for us to wait for 1y later during AGM (after strata title deed is obtained) to request for lower maintenance fees by either 1) reducing the total maintenance cost (eg reduce number of security guards or cut other expenses that are not necessary) or 2) all owners to contribute a sinking fund ($10 per share) and reduce the monthly fee - this is typically what older condos do to pay less monthly maintenanc fees.

any thoughts?

devilplate
17-01-11, 11:47
hi i called the Managing Agent - -Property Facilities Services pte ltd (PSF) to ask for a breakdown on the maintenance fees. Seems the most expensive and extravagent item is the security guards : there are 2 on duty in the day and 2 at nite! so total 4 - costing 10k already per month. And there are other costs like PUB (another 10k) and ladscaping, management fees, swimming pool etc... so total expenditure amounting to 50-60k a month!!! He says they already sourced for best/lowest price for each item.

And the proposed fee structure were approved by bukit sembawang and then approved by Building and Construction Authority (BCA). The breakdown of shares per unit is determined by BCA, not PSF. (i.e. min 6 shares for 2bedder, max 8 shares for the 2nd floor with patio type / total 685 shares)

Suggested for us to wait for 1y later during AGM (after strata title deed is obtained) to request for lower maintenance fees by either 1) reducing the total maintenance cost (eg reduce number of security guards or cut other expenses that are not necessary) or 2) all owners to contribute a sinking fund ($10 per share) and reduce the monthly fee - this is typically what older condos do to pay less monthly maintenanc fees.

any thoughts?

one gd example is The Beacon....i heard after 1yr later, they manage to reduce their maint fee....so for now, u only can LPPL....well, gd luck bro:D

after 2-3yrs, expect to see an increase of 50-100 buck sinking fund poportion:D

but nothing beats ur cap appreciation lor...only 100units to share the facilities....no choice lor...the security guards there gd life lor....so small compound to do their daily rounds....hehe

17-01-11, 11:55

Not really.... 8@W also never indicate the cost per share in S&P. Only the number of shares is indicated. I hope ours will not have some exorbitant amount quoted when it TOP....:scared-5:

nigeltbk
17-01-11, 14:53

any thoughts?

feel a bit ripped off , guess the 3rd party maintenance company prob earn quite a fair bit from us.
anyone knows how to go about it?
i'm a greenhorn, first time buying condo.

sleek
17-01-11, 15:07
Yup, you're right! :ashamed1:

Btw, anyone can remember what was the quoted fee per share for 8@W? :scared-5:

Not really.... 8@W also never indicate the cost per share in S&P. Only the number of shares is indicated. I hope ours will not have some exorbitant amount quoted when it TOP....:scared-5:

devilplate
17-01-11, 15:16
Yup, you're right! :ashamed1:

Btw, anyone can remember what was the quoted fee per share for 8@W? :scared-5:

i tink 320 for 3beder...urs compact one shd follow 2bedder..probably 280?

Deux
17-01-11, 15:17
man, why do we need security guards?? we should just build a gate then we won't need security guards, like those small developments in telok kurau..

sleek
17-01-11, 15:18
Yup, thanks! :cheers1:

devilplate
17-01-11, 15:20
man, why do we need security guards?? we should just build a gate then we won't need security guards, like those small developments in telok kurau..

if there is ground flr units...den secuirty guard is better to hf....if dun hf, den next AGM proposed no nid security guard...can potentially reduced ur fee by 40-50%

Deux
17-01-11, 15:53
those were the prices I was quoted when I bought my PM unit too... :(

new2mondrian
17-01-11, 16:43
Actually quite shocking to see the maintenance fees quoted for a 3-bedder to be $490. Sorry I am here just to kaypoh. Sold off my unit last year.

The other properties I own dun charge as much honestly. The river valley 2+study costs $200 per month (50units, with gym, function room, swimming pool). The pasir panjang/south buona vista ones (55-100 units with 2 guards, gym, swimming pool, function room, fair bit of landscaping) costs below $350 for 3+study. Hence very surprised to see the $490. I was quote $180 per month for my studio at The Minton, not sure if this will remain so after TOP. Hopefully the 1163 units there will keep fees low.

Any photos of the interior? Nice? Congrats on getting the keys!

devilplate
17-01-11, 16:45
Actually quite shocking to see the maintenance fees quoted for a 3-bedder to be $490. Sorry I am here just to kaypoh. Sold off my unit last year.

The other properties I own dun charge as much honestly. The river valley 2+study costs $200 per month (50units, with gym, function room, swimming pool). The pasir panjang/south buona vista ones (55-100 units with 2 guards, gym, swimming pool, function room, fair bit of landscaping) costs below $350 for 3+study. Hence very surprised to see the $490. I was quote $180 per month for my studio at The Minton, not sure if this will remain so after TOP. Hopefully the 1163 units there will keep fees low.

Any photos of the interior? Nice? Congrats on getting the keys!

sad to hear u sold ur mondrian....i still tink its a nice cosy project to keep keep wor despite high fee......u goto change to a new nick liao? hehe

bargain hunter
17-01-11, 17:15
i suspect a lot of pple will get shocks when they see the maintenence fees in the years to come. especially for boutique projects.

sad to hear u sold ur mondrian....i still tink its a nice cosy project to keep keep wor despite high fee......u goto change to a new nick liao? hehe

devilplate
17-01-11, 17:30
i suspect a lot of pple will get shocks when they see the maintenence fees in the years to come. especially for boutique projects.

icic...boutique without security guards is ok...shd not exceed $400 even after sinking fund hikes:D

i tink parc mondrian is high due to 4 security guards for just 100units...10k pm leh..minus tat reduce fee by $100 each unit liao...

check they got hw many cleaners lor...usually 1 cleaner enuff liao for boutique apts less den 50units...this one probably nid 2 daily general cleaners....

17-01-11, 21:35
If I remember correctly, agent was saying $40++ per share. My unit account for 6 shares. So I'm expecting it to be around the high side of $200 or $300. :beats-me-man:

Hopefully, the cost will not be ridiculously high like PM. In any case, we have 330 units to share out... Should not be too bad hor...... :scared-2:

Deux
18-01-11, 09:33
Looking on the bright side, I suppose most of us (the 1st hand buyers) bought PM at a good launch price, so assuming our maintenance cost is ~$200 higher than other developments, that's ~$10k for 4 years' stay, which we should be able to recover in a resale situation.

I think once more people move in, we should have a get-together session to figure out how to bring the costs down (e.g. less security guards and gardeners).

devilplate
18-01-11, 09:36
Looking on the bright side, I suppose most of us (the 1st hand buyers) bought PM at a good launch price, so assuming our maintenance cost is ~$200 higher than other developments, that's ~$10k for 4 years' stay, which we should be able to recover in a resale situation.

I think once more people move in, we should have a get-together session to figure out how to bring the costs down (e.g. less security guards and gardeners).

a good way is to install more CCTV (doesnt cost alot nowadays)and no security guards

wolkom
18-01-11, 10:24
still haven't heard from our lawyers and the developer ..
is this normal?

getting so worried ..

devilplate
18-01-11, 10:32
is this normal?

getting so worried ..

call up ur lawyer and developer

Deux
18-01-11, 10:50
don't worry wolkom, I haven't received keys yet either. They are giving out in batches, I heard stacks 1 and 4 have received keys but not the rest yet
is this normal?

getting so worried ..

mangorind
18-01-11, 10:59
is this normal?

getting so worried ..

Just got notice from my lawyer about the TOP which they received today. Needs to prepare payment ....sigh...needs to spend even before chinese new year.

devilplate
18-01-11, 11:01
Just got notice from my lawyer about the TOP which they received today. Needs to prepare payment ....sigh...needs to spend even before chinese new year.

others cannot tahan the wait liao while u got it and not excited....lol

vynx
18-01-11, 11:34
hi, shock to see the maintenance fee is so high from the lawyer letter. stack 2, recieved the letter last friday

DC33_2008
18-01-11, 11:51
Maintenance Fee is really on the high side given the limited facilities. Should check with the developer on how they derive at this fee. It will be worst when residents have to pay for the 2nd car onwards.

new2mondrian
18-01-11, 12:49

No need to change nick lah. I joined this forum when I newly bought into Mondrian mah. Doesn't mean I have to hold forever. Bought PM at below 700psf, sold at close to 1kpsf, bought fh south buona vista at about 700psf. That's how money churns mah.

But agree that potong pasir is a good place to stay. When the price of landed terraces across the road from PM are right, I might come back to potong pasir again. :)

devilplate
18-01-11, 16:59
No need to change nick lah. I joined this forum when I newly bought into Mondrian mah. Doesn't mean I have to hold forever. Bought PM at below 700psf, sold at close to 1kpsf, bought fh south buona vista at about 700psf. That's how money churns mah.

But agree that potong pasir is a good place to stay. When the price of landed terraces across the road from PM are right, I might come back to potong pasir again. :)

kudos...pretend newbie...actually oldbirdie;)

azeoprop
18-01-11, 17:07

See u around in Minton next time. :cheers1:

new2mondrian
20-01-11, 17:18
See u around in Minton next time. :cheers1:

Yup see u at Minton. Minton is a property which will never be sold. It's for my parents to live out their retirement days there. Thanks for posting all the Minton photos! Very helpful.

Any Parc Mondrian photos from those who have collected their keys? How does its interior look like? Hope u guys can collect your keys before CNY! :)

jchong
21-01-11, 14:54
Have received letter from lawyer 2 wks ago and will be collecting keys next wkend. Yes, can see that the maintenance fee is indeed very high and I have complained verbally to developer, know nothing can be done for now but hope they can do something for future. :mad: Was told that this was advised by MA and then approved by BCA! Since all of us feel it is very high, suggest PM owners to complain to developer and if see if anything can be done to lower it.

N2M, thot you would hold PM for longer term, guess you are contented with your profits! ;)

new2mondrian
22-01-11, 09:45
Actually talking to the MA for a detailed breakdown of costs will be good, and see if the costs can be kept low such that a good portion of the $490 can go to sinking fund. And the first management comm voted in must be aligned to everyone's interests to take the neccessary (and sometimes painstaking) steps to cut costs and reduce management fees. If the first MC voted in consists of Bo chap/less-work-is-good types, then it might be a long route to fee reduction.

Just a friendly advice - might be good to discuss any defects after keys collection privately than through a public forum. Thought this might be pertinent especially to first time home owners.

kianhwee
23-01-11, 22:56
Looks like there are people already moved in...

Deux
24-01-11, 16:41
finally received my letter today! :)

Deux
07-02-11, 16:47
Did anyone read the papers over the weekend on homogeneous tiles "popping" out in certain condos because they've been tiled too close together? Apparently homogeneous tiles are prone to expansion and contraction so it is safer for them to be tiled a little further apart to allow for this. If not, they will start to "pop" out after a couple of years. However due to rising cement prices, some contractors prefer to tile them closer together so as to save on cement. So I guess it's a good thing that our tiles are further apart after all!

Lovelle
07-02-11, 17:00
dev din give marble?

Deux
08-02-11, 08:56
They gave homogeneous tiles, but that's consistent with the showflat + brochure specs. Personally I prefer homogeneous tiles, they are easier to maintain and provide a more neutral background to work against for ID.. although I suppose a lot of folks out there would still prefer marble since marble tiles are more expensive.

devilplate
08-02-11, 10:34
They gave homogeneous tiles, but that's consistent with the showflat + brochure specs. Personally I prefer homogeneous tiles, they are easier to maintain and provide a more neutral background to work against for ID.. although I suppose a lot of folks out there would still prefer marble since marble tiles are more expensive.

i hate homogeneous tiles!!! big gaps in between the tiles....trap dirt and uncomfortable to walk....8wood is one of them....but i still dun mind...:X:ashamed1:

y isit so tat homogeneous tiles always got big gaps? any guru care to xplain?

08-02-11, 18:56
i hate homogeneous tiles!!! big gaps in between the tiles....trap dirt and uncomfortable to walk....8wood is one of them....but i still dun mind...:X:ashamed1:

Better homogeneous tiles than ceramic, I say. At least when tenants chipped the floorings, it's hardly visible. Cracks an chips show up immediately on ceramics. :scared-4:

Of cos, many want marble floor but marble also got different grade and can be tough to maintain.

rattydrama
08-02-11, 19:57

me not guru... this is to give way for expansion due to change in temperature otherwise same as sengkang it will crack in no time.

rattydrama
08-02-11, 20:00
I had viewed a unit recently and I thought the workmanship isnt that fantastic as compared to my unit in D23.. sorry if I have disappointed you guys here but agent friend told me that this is the standard for most of the recently TOP apartment.

Be sure to check and inform the developer to make good during the one year DLP period.

But I think sub-sale owner dont have this privilege right?

Lovelle
08-02-11, 20:16
homogenous gave me a very sandy feeling when walk on bare foot. I prefer granite or marble.

devilplate
08-02-11, 21:45
me not guru... this is to give way for expansion due to change in temperature otherwise same as sengkang it will crack in no time.

but all natural marble or compressed marble tiles tat i hf seen got no gaps wor...smooth and comfy to walk:D

my current plc flr tiles r smooth and creamy:D

rattydrama
10-02-11, 00:15
more answers towards tiles pop up.

There are a number of reasons a ceramic tile floor may loosen, the most common of which is an incorrectly applied adhesive. Other causes may include moisture problems, an unclean surface, or technique errors during installation.

Unclean Setting Surface
Neither thin-set nor mastic will properly adhere to a dusty surface. For this reason, it is important to thoroughly sweep or vacuum just before installation.

Incorrectly Mixed Adhesive
Disproportionate amounts of water in the thin-set mixture will prevent proper adhesion. Runny thin-set may stick to the floor but not to the back of the tile; powdery thin-set will stick to neither.

Moisture
Moisture problems can arise from plumbing leaks or from changes in weather or climate. While tile is designated for use in wet areas, you should still dry any liquids as soon as possible to avoid problems down the road.

Movement
Movement can occur due to a settling house or because of a weak subfloor. A flimsy subfloor will bend under the weight of the tile and setting materials. To prevent this, you may need to add joists for extra support.

Incorrect Installation
There are a number of different installation errors that can result in loosening tiles. Proper tools, adhesive spreading and setting techniques all contribute to how securely ceramic tile adheres to a surface.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1989017

BTW, tile is made by clay and marble from stone.:spliff:

but all natural marble or compressed marble tiles tat i hf seen got no gaps wor...smooth and comfy to walk:D

my current plc flr tiles r smooth and creamy:D

NMJ
10-02-11, 20:13
I agree that the maintenance fee is on the high side but most importantly is that they do a very good job. This is key for the long term attractiveness of the property. Many developments would cross the 5 year mark and start looking like 10 year old development. So I suppose it is key for residents and investors collectively keep the pressure on the management agents to ensure that they are on their toes! Well, that is my 2 cents worth.

Pizza88
11-02-11, 09:05
I agree that the maintenance fee is on the high side but most importantly is that they do a very good job. This is key for the long term attractiveness of the property. Many developments would cross the 5 year mark and start looking like 10 year old development. So I suppose it is key for residents and investors collectively keep the pressure on the management agents to ensure that they are on their toes! Well, that is my 2 cents worth.

You are very good in self consoling, I like your optimism. :doh:

vynx
11-02-11, 09:16
went down yesterday to do the defects reporting .. surprisingly, not many defects. my only comments are the kitchen door why painted white (the contractor should paint (a better quality should be sprayed painted and not by hand) the door 1st before installing the glass and the door handle) .. they installed everything and painted the door by hand leaving all the paint marks smeared at the glass and the door handle. next, the storeroom door, at the 1st look at it, everybody thought that the contractor has forgotten to paint the door again after applying the base coat. comment is the door should have been sprayed painted and installed, and not hand painted. otherwise, everything else should be OK

Deux
21-02-11, 10:43
For those of you with bathtubs, can you please PM me a photo of the glass screen in front of the bathtub? Mine has not been installed because the stock has not come in, and I'm still deciding whether or not to install it, thanks!

vynx
21-02-11, 11:08
For those of you with bathtubs, can you please PM me a photo of the glass screen in front of the bathtub? Mine has not been installed because the stock has not come in, and I'm still deciding whether or not to install it, thanks! huh .. is there suppose to be a glass screen installed? mine is without one and i bought it thru sub-sale .. can someone confirm?

Deux
22-02-11, 15:19
huh .. is there suppose to be a glass screen installed? mine is without one and i bought it thru sub-sale .. can someone confirm?

Just confirmed with the developer - glass screen is not in the specs, sorry for the confusion.

roypoh
01-07-11, 22:12
anyone know what is the URL of the portal?

phantom_opera
02-04-13, 15:39
record psf ... one of our respected forumers stay here ..

2013-03-21 #XX-XX 936 1,329psf 2007-05-11 699 589,680 2,141 11.6

Lovelle
08-07-13, 11:43
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/12745838/for-rent-parc-mondrian

nice. why nobody talk about this condo