PDA

View Full Version : Shall I go back to JOB market?

Laguna
25-10-12, 11:23
I am going to be 57 soon, and retired about 2.5 years back.

I have a wonderful time these two years, doing thing I like and TCSS here.

However, I find myself is getting very unproductive....and I don't want to have brain death.

Thinking of doing charity, but I rather give money to them than doing the physical work as I feel very upset to see those under-privileged.

Working life is also so stressful....and did not give me much money as well. And most important, I don't like to have BOSS tell me this and that...no freedom...

sigh

cnud
25-10-12, 11:30
Go travel round the world and write a book.

Earn more with royalties from sale of your adventures.

buttercarp
25-10-12, 11:33
Give inspirational talks on how to make money.

Sleepyhead
25-10-12, 11:54
Be an estate agent. Since you already took the exams... And I think you have a god network of clients here... :)

roly8
25-10-12, 12:07

However, I find myself is getting very unproductive....and I don't want to have brain death.

Thinking of doing charity, but I rather give money to them than doing the physical work as I feel very upset to see those under-privileged.

Working life is also so stressful....and did not give me much money as well. And most important, I don't like to have BOSS tell me this and that...no freedom...

sigh
no.

i would suggest continue doing thing you like.

me is one small boss , by myself since 18 yr old.. never turn back ever since.

Your life is so boring to do the same thing and restricted to specific job scope..

I can learn whatever i like on the internet and use the acquired knowledge to help others who are not good with internet stuff.

most importantly, don't make $$$ the top priority.. your life will be happier and meaningful.

but quite often, my mind just get erode with desire for more $$ due to the media influence.. :(

just take a look at this dr richard teo who is millionaire before 40 yr old..
got ferrari, got landed house and so much $$$ but left just a few years to enjoy... very sad thing.

conclusion: study, learn and do what you like. Discover your passion & talent.. hopefully, make a difference in other's life.. without involvement of $$ ,if possible.

i am thinking of become a 'cyber-teacher' to educate people. :p

:o

radha08
25-10-12, 12:08
Be an estate agent. Since you already took the exams... And I think you have a god network of clients here... :)

can help yt find his dream home...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

that will keep u busy...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

indomie
25-10-12, 12:23
Don't look back. Do something that u like. U have fought a good war and won the battle. Pass down your knowledge and skill. Learn something new. Don't act too senior, make friend with young people. Be a mentor for a struggling friend who need your guidance and attention. The more love u give, the more you get love. Remember make love more often with your wife.

leftfield
25-10-12, 12:29
Part time counselor, you would have the right life experience to give advice and the job gives your flexibility.

And not to mention that you are helping someone in need too. :D

buttercarp
25-10-12, 12:30
Remember make love more often with your wife.

What if the wife refuses?
Sometimes it is difficult because of menopause.

roly8
25-10-12, 12:33

frankly speaking, i prefer to piak younger girl rather than my future wife leh..
wife already so old :scared-5: :p

CondoWE
25-10-12, 12:54

Wife refused...then pass the love to yuki mei mei hor..:D

radha08
25-10-12, 12:58

sis never expect this kind of answer from you...:D:D:D

buttercarp
25-10-12, 13:06

sis never expect this kind of answer from you...:D:D:D

What I meant was the husband should understand his ageing wife and not make things difficult for her as it is beyond her control (hormones to be blamed). The husband should find other ways to bond with his wife eg listening to her views, cos most women like to talk, etc.

azeoprop
25-10-12, 13:38
Travel the physical world and the emotional world enrich the people around you and yourself. :)

gfoo
25-10-12, 14:49
buy a nice house overlooking a lake in europe. and train across te entire continent using that as a base.

regency321
25-10-12, 15:09
Volunteer in the community and mentor dis-advantaged youths

gn108
25-10-12, 16:13
Where/How can I do this?
Don't you have to be trained or certified?

I would like to work with disadvantaged kids - maybe some tuition, mentoring.

Volunteer in the community and mentor dis-advantaged youths

roly8
25-10-12, 16:16
Where/How can I do this?

disadvantaged kids - as in they are unable to get proper education due to finance? :o:o

gn108
25-10-12, 16:20
Don't mind if they're young.
Give something back in a very targeted way and perhaps get to see the direct effect. Rather than just giving money to charity.

disadvantaged kids - as in they are unable to get proper education due to finance? :o:o

howgozit
25-10-12, 16:24
For this reason, many retiress are finding it perfectly justified to go Batam and spend their CPF withdrawals... bcoz they are understanding husbands and they don't want to make things difficult for their wives.

What I meant was the husband should understand his ageing wife and not make things difficult for her as it is beyond her control (hormones to be blamed). The husband should find other ways to bond with his wife eg listening to her views, cos most women like to talk, etc.

solsys
25-10-12, 16:39

sigh

Do part-time coaching? Mentor some young chaps who got potential to succeed and you have a prodigy?

Just like Star Wars and have a pad-wan, aka apprentice. :luke-and-darth: :luke-and-darth:

Laguna
25-10-12, 17:18

I find it very very difficult to serve all the unreasonable buyers and sellers.
and also, no reason to serve them.

carbuncle
25-10-12, 17:43
Try something new. Anything. You never know what you will find. Life is an adventure - only if you allow yourself to and set aside all preconceived ideas.

indomie
25-10-12, 17:43
Where/How can I do this?

I have a friend who has an orphanage in jakarta. She start it by a coincidence. At first because she took care one kid who are abandon by his parents. Then the words spread that she was willing to accept abandon babies. So every time there is abandoned babies, the people send them to her. She has no choice but to accept them and hire nurses to handle the babies. She teach the young girls to be a nurse. So each time a couple want to adopt a baby she asked for 200 cans of milk as a donation or in money equivalent. As more and more young girls coming in to be train as nurses, she set up a nurses agency. Her nurses agency become big and famous.

As not all of the babies were adopted, they grew up and in need of education. So she set up a home schooling and hire some teachers. She rent a house to conduct teaching activities. From this humble beginning, they grow into one of the biggest school in jakarta with more than 2000 students. Its all begun with charity....

buttercarp
25-10-12, 18:17
Try something new. Anything. You never know what you will find. Life is an adventure - only if you allow yourself to and set aside all preconceived ideas.

Are you suggesting an indecent proposal to Laguna?

carbuncle
25-10-12, 18:22
Are you suggesting an indecent proposal to Laguna?

????? ?????

Laguna
25-10-12, 19:56
I have a number of friends, the only thing they asked from me:

tell me how to make money!

should I share or not to share?

So, I said : I have already fully invested, and not doing anything much.

As I decided, I am not going to share more with all these real person. If they make, not a single cent or thank you to me. If they did not make, I kanna. If they did not make enough, also my problem.....nut friends....

azeoprop
25-10-12, 20:22
Go trekking in nepal, meet friendly people and hopeful children.

:)

Laguna
25-10-12, 20:25
Go trekking in nepal, meet friendly people and hopeful children.

:)

I used to trek at Bt Timah, but no more due to my knee problem.

Go Nepal, my dream, I need to hire two porters.....or four, two to carry me and two to standby...and perhaps one more to carry my drink and food...

US$10 per pax per day...still affordable.....

carbuncle
25-10-12, 20:32
I have a number of friends, the only thing they asked from me:

tell me how to make money!

should I share or not to share?

So, I said : I have already fully invested, and not doing anything much.

As I decided, I am not going to share more with all these real person. If they make, not a single cent or thank you to me. If they did not make, I kanna. If they did not make enough, also my problem.....nut friends....

You obviously mixing with the wrong crowd, either that or you dont filter your friends.

carbuncle
25-10-12, 20:33

Go Nepal, my dream, I need to hire two porters.....or four, two to carry me and two to standby...and perhaps one more to carry my drink and food...

US$10 per pax per day...still affordable.....

Dunno why suddenly i conjure up images from SATC II abu dhabi desert scene

Laguna
25-10-12, 20:45
You obviously mixing with the wrong crowd, either that or you dont filter your friends.

yaya, so I found the right chemistry in this forum

azeoprop
25-10-12, 20:48
Dunno why suddenly i conjure up images from SATC II abu dhabi desert scene

How about this one? :D
http://youtu.be/39jfmB5kR84

:rolleyes:

radha08
25-10-12, 22:21

i tell you knee problems are damm sway...i just went for surgery for torn meniscus was down for a few weeks now still recovering...doc said cos when i was younger might have torn my meniscus due to too much sports now older give way....damm sianz...to all youngster out there take care of your knees...:cool:

Laguna
25-10-12, 22:24
i tell you knee problems are damm sway...i just went for surgery for torn meniscus was down for a few weeks now still recovering...doc said cos when i was younger might have torn my meniscus due to too much sports now older give way....damm sianz...to all youngster out there take care of your knees...:cool:

yes, I went for the meniscus tear operation, mainly due to extensive sport like spinning.

After 7 months, the joint is still not smooth....so still on non-weight bearing exercise....did not dare to try stationary bi

zeamybro
25-10-12, 22:27
Go for a retreat... be it whatever religion you belong to? Sometimes we need to break away from the society for some time .. deep self reflection does help one to think better and see clearer.

Laguna
25-10-12, 22:30
Go for a retreat... be it whatever religion you belong to? Sometimes we need to break away from the society for some time .. deep self reflection does help one to think better and see clearer.

this is one of the best for a retreat

http://www.chivasom.com/retreats-and-prices/holistic-health/

but check the price list....

radha08
25-10-12, 22:50
yes, I went for the meniscus tear operation, mainly due to extensive sport like spinning.

After 7 months, the joint is still not smooth....so still on non-weight bearing exercise....did not dare to try stationary bi

cheers bro i know how u feel damm sianz every week i go physio at mt alvernia....haiya last time young can jump here jump there....now old all slow motion...:doh:

radha08
25-10-12, 22:53
this is one of the best for a retreat

http://www.chivasom.com/retreats-and-prices/holistic-health/

but check the price list....

hmm i saw chivas.com i thought something else....:D:D:D:D

this one no retreat u will start flying...:D

http://www.chivas.com/

howgozit
25-10-12, 23:01
forgive my ignorance... can somebody explain to me what kind of sport is "spinning" ?

Sleepyhead
25-10-12, 23:50

Yes.. Go form those one week silent retreat.. No talking and communicating for one week. Think I will die.

Sleepyhead
25-10-12, 23:51

Laguna is a woman.

azeoprop
25-10-12, 23:54
forgive my ignorance... can somebody explain to me what kind of sport is "spinning" ?

http://youtu.be/9w_t2Z0CRag

Like this? :beats-me-man:

Or this? :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/t1DWBKk5xHQ

carbuncle
26-10-12, 08:37
How about this one? :D
http://youtu.be/39jfmB5kR84

:rolleyes:

Aiyo..... Must u remind of our age....

Laguna
26-10-12, 08:57
http://youtu.be/9w_t2Z0CRag

Like this? :beats-me-man:

A physcially demanding exercise.
There are various levels to this exercise....

Laguna
26-10-12, 08:59
Laguna is a woman.

haha, old topic already, I think u have forgotten to add in a ?

supermax
26-10-12, 09:23
A physcially demanding exercise.
There are various levels to this exercise....

Very tough for weak knees when level goes up.Playing badminton is more fun

Regulators
26-10-12, 09:53
you can try buying and selling things on ebay, can be fun

sigh

zzz1
26-10-12, 10:23
Don undermine badminton , for thoses weak knee, the demand for the stretching especially thoses drop shatter near the net .. Unless just play warm up and strokes only ...

Perhaps bed-Minton is better ..:D

carbuncle
26-10-12, 10:25
Don undermine badminton , for thoses weak knee, the demand for the stretching especially thoses drop shatter near the net .. Unless just play warm up and strokes only ...

Bedminton also need to shuttle the cock hor

supermax
26-10-12, 10:54

I play regularly three times a week.Real sweat out for 2 hours.Playing badminton is more fun compare with jogging ,cycling, not that boring.Of course bed-minton is well like by all:D

supermax
26-10-12, 10:57

Ya its an expensive game.The shuttle cock is expensive

buttercarp
26-10-12, 11:20
Ya its an expensive game.The shuttle cock is expensive

Especially in racketeering.

Laguna
26-10-12, 11:45

I have been playing for almost 20 years. Stop now due to knee problem.

Sleepyhead
26-10-12, 12:03
you can try buying and selling things on ebay, can be fun

Time consuming! I did that for a couple of months.. Got pretty addictive.. Haha.. Didn't manage to make much... :o Perhaps you can do a better job.. I wasn't very good at it.

roly8
26-10-12, 12:47

your last possible exercise is swimming.. :D

other than that, it is bed exercise
lol :scared-1:

Laguna
26-10-12, 12:52
your last possible exercise is swimming.. :D

Doing 20-30 laps almost daily....
I am now looking into pilate...a proper one

Lovelle
26-10-12, 12:53

warren buffett is 80+ . Perhaps take the cue fr this master of investing...

zzz1
26-10-12, 14:13
Stroking u mean ...?:p

roly8
26-10-12, 14:15

that is alot of laps..

Olympic pool size?

zzz1
26-10-12, 14:19
I play regularly three times a week.Real sweat out for 2 hours.Playing badminton is more fun compare with jogging ,cycling, not that boring.Of course bed-minton is well like by all:D
Out door Cycling is OK la<..can see see look look..
I have down grade into low impacts sport, eg swimming ,walking etc as per doc advise. Ocassion golf still OK...

You are active sia....

Laguna
26-10-12, 15:39
that is alot of laps..

Olympic pool size?

ya, 1.5x10x50m
with lots of trees, like swimming in a garden.

Now, new condo can hv only 1.2m depth, not so shiok,

I will try eCO 100m pool

roly8
26-10-12, 15:44
ya, 1.5x10x50m

I will try eCO 100m pool

wa..
nice condo...

:o

like swim beside the nature :o

price
26-10-12, 17:20
ya, 1.5x10x50m

I will try eCO 100m pool

i seriously wonder how it feels like to swim in a 100m pool. imagine doing ur usual 20-30 laps a day. :eek:

Laguna
26-10-12, 17:30
i seriously wonder how it feels like to swim in a 100m pool. imagine doing ur usual 20-30 laps a day. :eek:

I am waiting for eCO 100 m pool....I will tell u in 2017

price
26-10-12, 17:35
I am waiting for eCO 100 m pool....I will tell u in 2017
invite me for a dip? :D

Laguna
26-10-12, 17:37
invite me for a dip? :D

no problem.. 2017
u remind me then

supermax
26-10-12, 17:41

I have been playing for thirty years.We have a team of ten players.We have friendly matches with other teams regularly.Really enjoy it,as we have small betting playing with each other.

Laguna
26-10-12, 18:53
I have been playing for thirty years.We have a team of ten players.We have friendly matches with other teams regularly.Really enjoy it,as we have small betting playing with each other.

that is very good, u all shall appreciate the one who does the court booking.
I will be back to the court in Jan