PDA

View Full Version : I got a bad feeling

Ringo33
22-10-12, 18:06
that the property market is en route for some price correction in Q1 2013. I am not saying this because I have missed the boat, but rather after observing the economic fundamental as well as the lack of exciting news to entice investors to jump in

buttercarp
22-10-12, 18:08
that the property market is en route for some price correction in Q1 2013. I am not saying this because I have missed the boat, but rather after observing the economic fundamental as well as the lack of exciting news to entice investors to jump in

Just curious.... if you have MTB, then it should not be a bad feeling.......

carbuncle
22-10-12, 18:08
Don't be silly. Year end is typically a lull period. Festivities plus school holidays.

Ringo33
22-10-12, 18:16
Just curious.... if you have MTB, then it should not be a bad feeling.......

dont get me wrong, I am not trying to pour cold water or anything. in fact, I am very invested in properties and at the same time, I am pretty set with my rental returns for the next 2 to 3 years with decent yield. but I cant help but having this feeling that with the recent CMs coupled with all the slowing down in economy, property market will got through some correction in the coming quarter. (I am not saying it will crash like 20% or more but correction is around the corner for big quantum property)

buttercarp
22-10-12, 18:26
I can't wait for end of Dec to come...... Bro chestnut and uncle carb going to reveal something.... xmas coming (going to Chezcake Bistro in Joo Chiat to get my turkey and roast beef)..... lots of interesting things!

azeoprop
22-10-12, 18:30
I also see very limited upside if you buy now. At most only slow price increase as any big jump or high sales volume will meet with more CM.

2016 is the govt's target to have a lot of housing surplus. Good for their votes.

It will be a time when many developments will have unsold units and when the developer's 2 year timeline is up, they will have to lelong big time in order not to pay the fine. :D

kane
22-10-12, 18:45
My bad feeling is there are more CMs to come.

carbuncle
22-10-12, 18:45
there's still the US presidential elections to look forward to 6 Nov

star
22-10-12, 18:46
QE 4 coming. Existing $40billion per month increase to $80billion per month.

Ringo33
22-10-12, 18:56
My bad feeling is there are more CMs to come.

I am actually not worried about CM because CM always come when they are excessive heat in the property market.

star
22-10-12, 19:11
A good thing about this long recovery is interest rate will be low for a very long time. Inflation will still be high.
I can see china shares index has hit bottom and i feel that we are now at 2003. Recovering stage.

hovivi
22-10-12, 19:18
I think govt increasing surplus supply in 2016 is just shooting themselves in the foot. Hundreds of thousands of people bought in the last 2 years and plus those buying in 2013 and going forward. Many young newly wed first property and needing them to have babies.. why kill them with oversupply and price decline?

Mr.Keh
22-10-12, 19:20
dont get me wrong, I am not trying to pour cold water or anything. in fact, I am very invested in properties and at the same time, I am pretty set with my rental returns for the next 2 to 3 years with decent yield. but I cant help but having this feeling that with the recent CMs coupled with all the slowing down in economy, property market will got through some correction in the coming quarter. (I am not saying it will crash like 20% or more but correction is around the corner for big quantum property)

Plane loads of foreign workers still coming in this year despite the slow growth in GDP. Plus the U.S's QE to infinity, China, Eurozone stimulus will provide liquidity til at least 2014. Correction in property prices may not come soon. Two cents worth.

minority
22-10-12, 19:34
I think govt increasing surplus supply in 2016 is just shooting themselves in the foot. Hundreds of thousands of people bought in the last 2 years and plus those buying in 2013 and going forward. Many young newly wed first property and needing them to have babies.. why kill them with oversupply and price decline?

Coz got many who miss tge boar chanting for crash!

danntbt
22-10-12, 20:12
....or super ringo tanker trying to clean up the small sampans.

phantom_opera
22-10-12, 20:17
李嘉诚欲巨资竞购英国第四大机场

Fiat money is now past tense

ekl2ekl2
22-10-12, 20:23

If you think correction will be limited, similar to upside potential, your feeling is actually not that "bad". Despite what some have been saying since 2010, that prices will correct, so many people are still buying and rushing to buy like no tomorrow, the general feelng for most must be good.

No exciting news may actually be the best news.

yowetan
22-10-12, 21:03
Hi.. If there is indeed a correction, I am always ready to pound onto Mt Sinai.

rockinsg
22-10-12, 21:09
If you think correction will be limited, similar to upside potential, your feeling is actually not that "bad". Despite what some have been saying since 2010, that prices will correct, so many people are still buying and rushing to buy like no tomorrow, the general feelng for most must be good.

No exciting news may actually be the best news.
What to do if you have money?
If put in bank, is a sure kill..unlimited qe, high inflation..in 5 years your money is worth half.
If property even if no super rise still should be able to match inflation in 5 years time.
No one is looking for gain. People just hoping to protect their money.

howgozit
22-10-12, 21:21
I think there is some contradiction in your statement to the point you are trying to make.

Clim1688
22-10-12, 21:26
I think there is some contradiction in your statement to the point you are trying to make.

What I'm saying is govt won't crash the market through oversupply because they risk harming those those bought recently. Most whom bought recently are newly wed 1st timer and we need them to be not having finanicial despair to make babies.

solsys
22-10-12, 21:35
It's just sluggish growth until US Presidential elections are over and the market goes cheering for Xmas......

Next year? Sluggish growth coz of all the hot money......

Correction? Tough. Why? Becoz hot money is in Asia, and in particular SG.

Why persists in SG? becoz EURO debt supposedly resolved at the moment but take few years to sort out......

Just my humble opinion....

These few years is for OCR to close in gap with RCR, CCR. (meaning if drop is RCR, CCR drop coz OCR is supported by EC prices.) :cheers6:

taggy
22-10-12, 21:35
No one is looking for gain. People just hoping to protect their money.
like that buy reits can or not?
it seems that the yield of some reits are higher than rental yield now...

Laguna
22-10-12, 22:20
like that buy reits can or not?
it seems that the yield of some reits are higher than rental yield now...

REITs have outperformed STI significantly this year and there is no meaningful pull back this year.

Make your own decision, to buy or not.

carbuncle
22-10-12, 22:30
huh? clim1688 is hovivi??!?

Clim1688
22-10-12, 22:47
huh? clim1688 is hovivi??!?

My girl lah.. Could have used her phone . :cool:

minority
22-10-12, 23:10
Hi.. If there is indeed a correction, I am always ready to pound onto Mt Sinai.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DKSG
22-10-12, 23:20
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If you know that there are at least 200,000 yowetan in this country, you will know that there is no downside.

Just my office alone, there are at least 50% of the workers are waiting to do the Gangnum Style Property Pounce! We just need price to correct 7-8%, ALL HELL's Gate will open with an army of Property Hungry Ghost to put 7th Month to shame.

Trust me, my office is a typical office with a typical Office Boy like me.

DKSG

august
23-10-12, 01:33
CCR has already corrected 10% from 2011 level.

samuelk
23-10-12, 07:53
If you know that there are at least 200,000 yowetan in this country, you will know that there is no downside.

Just my office alone, there are at least 50% of the workers are waiting to do the Gangnum Style Property Pounce! We just need price to correct 7-8%, ALL HELL's Gate will open with an army of Property Hungry Ghost to put 7th Month to shame.

Trust me, my office is a typical office with a typical Office Boy like me.

DKSG
those ready to pounce may fear of losing their job or even worry that the price would drop further and the cycle continues.

avo7007
23-10-12, 08:41
those ready to pounce may fear of losing their job or even worry that the price would drop further and the cycle continues.

MAS seems very confident in our job market. Labour supply will be tight through to 2013 according to their press release......

eng81157
23-10-12, 08:58
i am all for a minor correction to wipe off the froth of this bubbling property cycle. however after reading that a HDB masionette, located in the offskirts of Jurong, is asking for $900k last night, i entered into a zen-like moment............ :scared-1: :eek: :banghead: :scared-4: :scared-5: :doh:

phantom_opera
23-10-12, 09:13
After I made a trip outside Singapore and observed how my dollar purchasing power shrink 20% in less than 2y, my mindset changed, property is no more about investment but capital preservation .. it is new form of fiat money ;)

SG CMs nowhere close to China ...yet China is holding firm, think my friends

condolisa
23-10-12, 09:24
After I made a trip outside Singapore and observed how my dollar purchasing power shrink 20% in less than 2y, my mindset changed, property is no more about investment but capital preservation .. it is new form of fiat money ;)

Yeah, you were missing in the forum for a few days... Thank goodness you're back again with your generous sharing :)

Sleepyhead
23-10-12, 09:37
Plane loads of foreign workers still coming in this year despite the slow growth in GDP. Plus the U.S's QE to infinity, China, Eurozone stimulus will provide liquidity til at least 2014. Correction in property prices may not come soon. Two cents worth.

Many condos are remaining vacant for longer. One condon in Novena, typically popular with expats, the security guard told us that he's seen many expats family move out in recent months with no replacements coming in. Units are staying empty.

If this trend continues, should we start to worry?

revhappy
23-10-12, 10:21
Actually I browse the SingaporeExpats forum very regularly and also this forum.

The views about property prices are exactly opposite in both these forums. haha.

This forum, most are owners so they believe prices only go up and on the other forum they are mostly renters and believe prices will go down.

This thread is particularly interesting :)

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic85655.html

and this quote is also very interesting:

I agree with Segue. What's happening with a lot of investment units is that many owners are refusing to rent them out for anything less than 'market' rates, because that will bring their yield down and lessen the price they believe they can ask for if they want to sell in the short term.

And they can do this for two main reasons. First is that property prices are still stubbornly high, and that they will be able to dispose of their property before everyone else should prices come down. Yeah, right. It is this belief that gives them the mental strength to sit tight on an empty property.

If, and when evidence of prices coming down appear meaningfully, and these same owners realize the music has stopped and they have been left without a chair, more will be prepared to rent it out rather than sit on it any more, since they will have come to the realization that whatever imagined price they had for their property is no longer realizable in the short term.

And of course, low interest rates, the number one fueller of bubbles everywhere in the world makes the cost of holding on to empty properties possible.

Beppi, there's nothing wrong with your argument that the ABSD will increase rental demand. But you have assumed supply to be static, and that all the empty units will stay off the market.

Werther
23-10-12, 10:39

Hi Phantom

I thought our S$ is so strong, how could your purchasing power shrink overseas, pls share.

tks

roly8
23-10-12, 10:41

me lor..

single + miss the boat

big loser here :mad:

eng81157
23-10-12, 10:41
Actually I browse the SingaporeExpats forum very regularly and also this forum.

The views about property prices are exactly opposite in both these forums. haha.

This forum, most are owners so they believe prices only go up and on the other forum they are mostly renters and believe prices will go down.

This thread is particularly interesting :)

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic85655.html

and this quote is also very interesting:

different groups with contrasting interests - it's a game of who blinks first (before the goverment ships in a new lot of immigrants)

roly8
23-10-12, 10:42
Many condos are remaining vacant for longer. One condon in Novena, typically popular with expats, the security guard told us that he's seen many expats family move out in recent months with no replacements coming in. Units are staying empty.

where are they moving to?

own paid condo? or cheaper rental condo? :confused:

roly8
23-10-12, 10:43
skip yowetan's post if you can..

reading his post will make one's blood boil..

:D:D:D

big victims:
brother laguna
sister buttercrxp

indomie
23-10-12, 10:44

Gone are the days when expat loaded with cash looking to rent expensive condo. Now, we must realised that our tenants are more likely budget conscious. Its like the war between singapore airlines and air asia. We must adapt too, in order to survive. You are much better off selling 1 ccr and buy 2 ocr.

DC33_2008
23-10-12, 10:47
Not expat loaded with cash but the expat terms give them good housing allowance. Not anymore for some of them.
Gone are the days when expat loaded with cash looking to rent expensive condo. Now, we must realised that our tenants are more likely budget conscious. Its like the war between singapore airlines and air asia. We must adapt too, in order to survive. You are much better off selling 1 ccr and buy 2 ocr.

leftfield
23-10-12, 10:48

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Edvantage/Story/A1Story20120916-371841.html

Across the border. ;)

Regulators
23-10-12, 10:51
With the recent CM which is targeted at banks, I feel that banks will be more ready to give higher valuations for properties to solicit loans. You look at the recent trends in property valuations you will understand. Correction is tough in a seller's market where there is high liquidity n loads of ppl waiting at the sideline to jump into the market.

roly8
http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Edvantage/Story/A1Story20120916-371841.html

Across the border. ;)

malaysia is safe meh?!

heard story about landed house got double gated and still got burglar come in.. :D

P.S you are one another chinese quote guy... like your sig! :D
can fight with brother laguna and some other of our senior members.. :p

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌! <--- i think this will make you a successful saleman :p

indomie
Hi Phantom

I thought our S$ is so strong, how could your purchasing power shrink overseas, pls share.

tks
Believe it or not actually the cost of living in sg is not that bad... Go to aussie and u will know, or closer go to jakarta. Money is spent like water.

roly8
23-10-12, 10:53
Not expat loaded with cash but the expat terms give them good housing allowance. Not anymore for some of them.
bingo!!!

just wonder how come expat can fork out > 50% of their salary just for rental..

so this is the reason :D

Believe it or not actually the cost of living in sg is not that bad... Go to aussie and u will know, or closer go to jakarta. Money is spent like water.

i haven't explore jakarta.. indonesia is got huge potential, man!

cnud
23-10-12, 10:59
bingo!!!

just wonder how come expat can fork out > 50% of their salary just for rental..

so this is the reason :D

i haven't explore jakarta.. indonesia is got huge potential, man!

Jarkarta is gearing for more. Anything good to buy there?

leftfield
23-10-12, 11:14
malaysia is safe meh?!

heard story about landed house got double gated and still got burglar come in.. :D

I personally know someone (not local) who couldn't find a big enough property to rent that was within his budget and decided to build a house across in Iskandar instead. He commutes everyday to Singapore for work.

His kids are studying in the international school there as well. Last I met him, he told me there are easily 20 to 30 expatriate families that did the same and more are coming!

Didn't want to tell him too much about the security else he think I'm just being a wet blanket!

Sleepyhead
23-10-12, 11:19
Jarkarta is gearing for more. Anything good to buy there?

I thought foreigners are not allowed to invest in properties in Jakarta?

DC33_2008
23-10-12, 11:20
Ha ha. Too far for burglars and robbers to go to far end of for now as most of them station near jb central area.

Sleepyhead
23-10-12, 11:21

Yes, that's very true. Only the top levels get full expat benefits these days. Middle management and below get local package, maybe loaded with some extras, but not full rent like the old days.

Landlords here... be prepared to act accordingly. Must adapt and change with the times..

Sleepyhead
23-10-12, 11:24

Move back to home country. Banks are doing round after round of retrenchment. I personally have quite a few banker friends who have lost their jobs in the last 6 months and haven't found anything else yet. Luckily for them, they have been very well compensated and can tide this down turn, but for the expats, whether of not they are well compensated is irrelevant. No job means must go back.

yowetan
23-10-12, 11:30
Move back to home country. Banks are doing round after round of retrenchment. I personally have quite a few banker friends who have lost their jobs in the last 6 months and haven't found anything else yet. Luckily for them, they have been very well compensated and can tide this down turn, but for the expats, whether of not they are well compensated is irrelevant. No job means must go back.

Hi..My bank is still coping well though they are not paying well.

roly8
23-10-12, 11:44
I personally know someone (not local) who couldn't find a big enough property to rent that was within his budget and decided to build a house across in Iskandar instead. He commutes everyday to Singapore for work.

His kids are studying in the international school there as well. Last I met him, he told me there are easily 20 to 30 expatriate families that did the same and more are coming!

Didn't want to tell him too much about the security else he think I'm just being a wet blanket!
wah lao...drive in/out everyday..
very tiring , man!

hope they change their lifestyle... it is no longer the feel happy & spend as you like after kena retrench ..

Ringo33
23-10-12, 11:45
From my past experience, usually those senior executives expat with family are the one who are more cost conscious and also most likely to go for space rather than prime address. Some will even rent in OCR and work in central area.

As for the younger and trendier expats, they generally would prefer to live in centrally located smaller apartments even if it is more expensive in terms of psf.

For for rental yield, I think one should go for 1 or 2 bedder in CCR and spacious 3 bedder and above in OCR.

zeamybro
23-10-12, 11:46
Yes, that's very true. Only the top levels get full expat benefits these days. Middle management and below get local package, maybe loaded with some extras, but not full rent like the old days.

Landlords here... be prepared to act accordingly. Must adapt and change with the times..

During June this yr, both my tenants (from diff companies) exercised diplomatic clauses and left me with 2 empty units. It was quite an unpleasant period as I took longer than usual to find new tenants. But within 2 mths, i see that the tenant pool is back, and could afford even better rentals.

Sometimes we need a longer time frame to identify and confirm a trend.

DC33_2008
23-10-12, 11:46
The condo location and type becomes crucial to capture the profile of tenants. Have a chinese friends who refused to rent condo in the west. Too many Indians. Is it true?

indomie
23-10-12, 11:48
Actually investing in property is more like a defensive strategy. In 10-20 years time, less people will still have trust in paper currency, gov bonds, bank as institution. People will grow, land cannot. As the result, there is always an upward pressure on property price. Even in land rich country like australia and indonesia. As they open up more land, tomorrow price can never be cheaper than today's. Let alone tiny singapore.

zeamybro
23-10-12, 11:51
The condo location and type becomes crucial to capture the profile of tenants. Have a chinese friends who refused to rent condo in the west. Too many Indians. Is it true?

I think in general, the indian population in singapore has increased quite a fair bit over the past couple of yrs. A visit to Gardens By the Bay let me see that there are more indian visitors than another other races and nationalities.

Not just the west, i think tanjong Rhu and meyer road have always been popular with indians. Condos in the east like Melville Park and those in bedok reservoir are seeing more of our indian friends too =)

DC33_2008
23-10-12, 11:53
Your hypthesis are well tested at least for CCR and city fringe. Did not have rental problem with 2 bedder. They are usually sole tenant.
From my past experience, usually those senior executives expat with family are the one who are more cost conscious and also most likely to go for space rather than prime address. Some will even rent in OCR and work in central area.

As for the younger and trendier expats, they generally would prefer to live in centrally located smaller apartments even if it is more expensive in terms of psf.

For for rental yield, I think one should go for 1 or 2 bedder in CCR and spacious 3 bedder and above in OCR.

DC33_2008
23-10-12, 11:55
Could be working at changi biz park and tampines where there is quite a lot of IT professional serving banks Citibank, IBM, etc.
I think in general, the indian population in singapore has increased quite a fair bit over the past couple of yrs. A visit to Gardens By the Bay let me see that there are more indian visitors than another other races and nationalities.

Not just the west, i think tanjong Rhu and meyer road have always been popular with indians. Condos in the east like Melville Park and those in bedok reservoir are seeing more of our indian friends too =)

roly8
23-10-12, 11:57

you could be right :47:

DC33_2008
23-10-12, 11:57
Just ask your grandparents how much they pay for their house. answer is there.
Actually investing in property is more like a defensive strategy. In 10-20 years time, less people will still have trust in paper currency, gov bonds, bank as institution. People will grow, land cannot. As the result, there is always an upward pressure on property price. Even in land rich country like australia and indonesia. As they open up more land, tomorrow price can never be cheaper than today's. Let alone tiny singapore.

nav14
23-10-12, 12:09

But for most of them in middle mgt their average packages are already close to 300k per yr. So even if full rent not included no big deal.

Ringo33
23-10-12, 12:48

I think its very important for us to embrace multiculturalism i this country because this is one of the very important unique proposition which makes Singapore an attractive destination.

leesg123
23-10-12, 12:53
I think its very important for us to embrace multiculturalism i this country because this is one of the very important unique proposition which makes Singapore an attractive destination.it is important embrace, but it is equally important for the other party to embrace our style too. then there will be harmony.

leesg123
23-10-12, 12:54

Not just the west, i think tanjong Rhu and meyer road have always been popular with indians. Condos in the east like Melville Park and those in bedok reservoir are seeing more of our indian friends too =)Mandarin Gardens too.

Sleepyhead
23-10-12, 13:09
Mandarin Gardens too.

Yes! One estate agent told me that tenants who want to rent in mandarin gardens are hoping to rub shoulders with the 'right' crowd and class..

buttercarp
23-10-12, 13:11
Yes! One estate agent told me that tenants who want to rent in mandarin gardens are hoping to rub shoulders with the 'right' crowd and class..

What kind of class is that?
I thought it is not an atas condo?

revhappy
23-10-12, 13:20
Mandarin Gardens too.

Mandarin gardens is actually called Mumbai Gardens,lol.

But the most popular Indian condo has to be Melville park. I heard about 60% flats are owned by Indians. Leave alone the rental units. You just go to the swimming pool area, you will see Indian senior citizens always chilling out there, ladies strollings are also mostly Indians. Even the groceries store there has Indian products :D

Other popular Indian condo is the Bayshore park. I actually like that area and the condo a lot, its my fav :)

CondoWE
23-10-12, 13:42

Not true...West got many angmo tenants..:D !

My previous and current tenant are both angmo who working in IBP and Tuas area :rolleyes: .

nav14
23-10-12, 14:02
I thought the PRCians are even more prevalent from the cheapest to the most expensive condos?

zeamybro
23-10-12, 14:07
Yes, from what i am seeing in terms of rental, Indians seem to be the richest, followed by Chinese .... The angmoh nowadays like not much budget, and very often they love to bargain for additional items eg. blue-ray dvd player, extra fridge, extra tv, extra this and that...

stl67
23-10-12, 16:39
Hi Phantom

tks
For me is inflation is everywhere even with strong $. Rolex price is higher now

vip
23-10-12, 16:52
Abstracted from my latest blog post The 'now or never' sales pitch (http://propertysoul.com/2012/10/22/the-now-or-never-sales-pitch/):

"Leave your money in the bank and it will be eroded by inflation. To beat inflation, you have no choice but … "

"If you don’t buy now, tomorrow you will see prices continue to go up – until you can’t afford it … "

... Do these sayings sound familiar to you?

They come everyday from your property agent, your bank relationship manager, or someone trying to sell you an investment opportunity.

Especially that 'inflation phobia'. You may notice that more and more people are getting it these days. They suddenly tell you one day that they really have no choice, but to take the plunge now.

vip
23-10-12, 17:02
Try complaining about inflation to your friend or colleague in the US, or in any country with their currency pegged to the doomed USD, they will say it in your face that "with your strong Singapore dollar, you don't have the right to complain about inflation".

Sleepyhead
23-10-12, 17:15
What kind of class is that?
I thought it is not an atas condo?

Not sure what kind of class.. only the Indians will understand I guess.... a certain class will congregate at Mandarin Gardens.... and perhaps the more atas class will choose Makena.. etc? Bottom line is, the entire stretch is very popular with atas Indians.

leftfield
23-10-12, 17:20
Not sure what kind of class.. only the Indians will understand I guess.... a certain class will congregate at Mandarin Gardens.... and perhaps the more atas class will choose Makena.. etc? Bottom line is, the entire stretch is very popular with atas Indians.

The last thing we want is for them to bring in their ridiculous caste system here!!! :tongue3:

zeamybro
23-10-12, 17:34

A few mths ago I was walking to Kallang Leisure Park for dinner. While i was crossing the suspension bridge behind the indoor stadium, I saw a few hundred indians congregating near the Jumbo Seafood area. They were all very well-dressed and gorgeous, and i was indeed very impressed. I realised later that there was a bollywood event at the stadium.

irisng
23-10-12, 17:39
Little India has the most Indians. Happen to pass by there one of the nights, a black patch on the field.:D

wendytan
23-10-12, 17:45
Go mustafa loh....can buy Electronic stuff

Allthepies
23-10-12, 18:04
not really true, my tenants in the west r US ang mo who work in the oil industry and korean scientist.

carbuncle
23-10-12, 20:36
I realised bro zea also quite humorous. in a 'cold joke' manner....

zeamybro
23-10-12, 21:00
I realised bro zea also quite humorous. in a 'cold joke' manner....

Oops haha, but there was really this very mega Indian Bollywood international event. The attendees were all dressed to the nines. I was just in my tees, berms and flipflops and look damm lok kok when I squeezed past them lor.

http://www.thesocialmediatoday.com/13th-iifa-awards-to-be-held-in-singapore-from-7-to-9-june-photo/

Anyway when Lady Gaga came for her concert, the whole area also went into a frenzy, but nothing compared to that Bollywood event

roly8
23-10-12, 21:31
Little India has the most Indians. Happen to pass by there one of the nights, a black patch on the field.:D

lol :D:D:D

Go mustafa loh....can buy Electronic stuff

went b4..

very big! :scared-4:

Abstracted from my latest blog pos
"Leave your money in the bank and it will be eroded by inflation. To beat inflation, you have no choice but … "

"If you don’t buy now, tomorrow you will see prices continue to go up – until you can’t afford it … "

... Do these sayings sound familiar to you?

They come everyday from your property agent, your bank relationship manager, or someone trying to sell you an investment opportunity.

Especially that 'inflation phobia'. You may notice that more and more people are getting it these days. They suddenly tell you one day that they really have no choice, but to take the plunge now.

fully agree with your points.

1. me haven't buy a property yet cause can't afford and u can say i miss the boat..

2. marriage wise, i am still single despite lot of pressure from surrounding people.... marriage is not just about get a BTO/hdb .. sadly this is the type of fear the govt is driving all these young couple ... 23yr old already book BTO...

lastly, i will never settle down until i find my true love :p

- Romantic Roly

radha08
23-10-12, 21:44

not if interest rates stay at 1%:cheers6:

radha08
23-10-12, 21:46
anybody got a problem with indians...:cheers6:...i hate d bas#$@#d#...:cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:

roly8
23-10-12, 21:51
anybody got a problem with indians...:cheers6:...i hate d bas#$@#d#...:cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:

depend la..

me prefer upper class indian..

more manner and civilised ..:o

Ringo33
23-10-12, 21:54
I really hope one day this forum will make it to the news for making racist remarks.

radha08
23-10-12, 22:32
I really hope one day this forum will make it to the news for making racist remarks.

huh we are mild here....other forums no mercy...

irisng
23-10-12, 23:00
[quote=roly8]lol :D:D:D

Don't think crooked er. I don't mean to criticise anybody hor. :tsk-tsk:

phantom_opera
24-10-12, 09:05
As expected, china A bottOming while Dow in profit taking mode after frintrunni g fed qe3, of course bernanke can still officially exPand the balance sheet by 85b come December to give another shot in the arm, wall street is a bunch of QE addicts now

roly8
24-10-12, 09:11
As expected, china A bottOming while Dow in profit taking mode after frintrunni g fed qe3, of course bernanke can still officially exPand the balance sheet by 85b come December to give another shot in the arm, wall street is a bunch of QE addicts now

when you mention bottoming, it mean stock gonna surge back up in near future? :scared-5:

phantom_opera
24-10-12, 20:15
@roly it could go flat for a long time also

and hot money going into Indonesia

Rupiah forwards advance most in a week
Foreign funds seen boosting investment in local assets

Global funds purchased US$138 million more local stocks than they sold the week before

Ringo33
24-10-12, 21:02

Global funds purchased US$138 million more local stocks than they sold the week before

Is this a build up to a repeat of 1997 again?

roly8
24-10-12, 21:06

most likely is a flat market for the next few years..

Ringo33
24-10-12, 21:17
most likely is a flat market for the next few years..

Se Asia will be the bright spot

Secretariat
25-10-12, 05:42
Is this a build up to a repeat of 1997 again?

Not quite. 1997 was due to the interest rate differential. But I guess that the result will be the same if the flow is unmanaged. HongKong has been intervening, so has MAS.

Ringo33
25-10-12, 06:46
Not quite. 1997 was due to the interest rate differential. But I guess that the result will be the same if the flow is unmanaged. HongKong has been intervening, so has MAS.

That's always the fear if huge amount of hot money suddenly exit, it will destabilized the region.

buttercarp
25-10-12, 08:07
That's always the fear if huge amount of hot money suddenly exit, it will destabilized the region.

So that's why it is good that SGD remains strong?

eng81157
25-10-12, 09:47
So that's why it is good that SGD remains strong?

or else the inflation rate will be even higher than the reported 4.7%. can you imagine 7-8% inflation rate being reported every quarter - political deathknell, and every chiong for alternative assets: property, gold, commodities, etc etc

roly8
25-10-12, 11:14
just have simple lifestyle la..

inflation will not makan u so jialat one:scared-5:

Ringo33
25-10-12, 13:42
just have simple lifestyle la..

inflation will not makan u so jialat one:scared-5:

If you are already rock bottom or hand to mouth with living expenses there is very little you can do.