PDA

View Full Version : Converting 1bedroom MM into 2bedroom unit!

leesg123
21-10-12, 14:58
Convert the living room into 2nd bedroom, seal off with door and wall. Ta da! two bedroom unit with shared kitchen and toilet.

Each bedroom rent out at $1200 (which can split into two occupants). So looking at $2400 rent at least! free usage of facilities such as pool, jacuzzi, gym, bbq!

carbuncle
21-10-12, 15:00
what's the point? by it self, as it is, can already rent out 2.5k

leesg123
21-10-12, 15:05
what's the point? by it self, as it is, can already rent out 2.5khmm say worst case?

carbuncle
21-10-12, 15:18
hmm say worst case?

did you recently buy a shoebox and having second thoughts on its viability now,

or planning to get one?

leesg123
21-10-12, 15:55
did you recently buy a shoebox and having second thoughts on its viability now,

or planning to get one?plannin to get one :cheers5:

Secretariat
21-10-12, 16:09
Convert the living room into 2nd bedroom, seal off with door and wall. Ta da! two bedroom unit with shared kitchen and toilet.

Each bedroom rent out at $1200 (which can split into two occupants). So looking at $2400 rent at least! free usage of facilities such as pool, jacuzzi, gym, bbq!

Maybe use ID as solution instead of permanent partition. What if worst case never happens?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9qnWg9kak&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Kanarazu
21-10-12, 16:16

Put a slide/fold partition better, at least it's not permanent wall that you cannot revert later on.

leesg123
21-10-12, 16:25
Good idea!

fan
21-10-12, 16:57
Fix collapsible sliding door/partition to convert living room into occasional guest room is a gd idea. But if convert mm to a 2bedder is so cram n uncomfortable, may b difficult to find tenants?

leesg123
21-10-12, 17:00
Fix collapsible sliding door/partition to convert living room into occasional guest room is a gd idea. But if convert mm to a 2bedder is so cram n uncomfortable, may b difficult to find tenants?i am playing with the idea of the tenant are renting room, instead of apartment. looking at how hdb common room at far flung places can be rented at 700-800, seems workable for mm that is better located in town. just toying with the idea only.

richwang
21-10-12, 17:13

My one bedroom MM is already rented out at S$3k.
So no need to convert.
Tenants are smart.

By the way, we have just passed a house rule to limit max 2 residents for each unit. So forget about your idea of squeezing 4 tenants into one converted unit.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. I am happy to deal with one tenant who is happy to pay S$3k rather than 4 tenants who can only afford S$600 - S$750 each.

leesg123
21-10-12, 17:15
So no need to convert.
Tenants are smart.

By the way, we have just passed a house rule to limit max 2 residents for each unit. So forget about your idea of squeezing 4 tenants into one converted unit.

MM living doesn't mean residents need to loss their dignity.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. I am happy to deal with one tenant who is happy to pay S$3k rather than 4 tenants who can only afford S$600 - S$750 each.Gee, tats good! heres a :cheers5: to u! mind sharing how big is your mm? 3xx, 4xx or 5xx? location?

Kanarazu
21-10-12, 17:25
i am playing with the idea of the tenant are renting room, instead of apartment. looking at how hdb common room at far flung places can be rented at 700-800, seems workable for mm that is better located in town. just toying with the idea only.

I thought about this idea few weeks ago, converting a 2 bedder 600 sq ft into 3 bed rooms with each a queen size bed.

richwang
21-10-12, 17:26
Gee, tats good! heres a :cheers5: to u! mind sharing how big is your mm? 3xx, 4xx or 5xx? location?
495 sqft
D5, Pasir Panjang Road, just next to Haw Par Villa MRT station.

Thanks,
Richard

leesg123
21-10-12, 18:35
495 sqft

Thanks,
RichardAh.. Thanks Richard!

invest.23
22-10-12, 17:45
495 sqft

Thanks,
Richard

good rental amt! :)

roly8
23-10-12, 09:36
So no need to convert.
Tenants are smart.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. I am happy to deal with one tenant who is happy to pay S$3k rather than 4 tenants who can only afford S$600 - S$750 each.
wa! good deal you got, uncle richard

495 sqft

Thanks,
Richard
WA...so small! :scared-1:

leesg123
15-11-12, 00:36
I think i have found the perfect product to convert the living room into a 2nd bedroom!

http://www.hufcor.com/accordion-doors.shtml

http://www.hufcor.com/images/accordion_header.jpg

See the proposed concept :cheers5: (BEFORE expanding the partition, AFTER expanding the partition)
http://i49.tinypic.com/2j78t2.png

So could be look like this inside the original living room:
http://www.hufcor.com/Images/unispan_track.jpg

hyenergix
15-11-12, 04:39
It looks quite disasterous with the corrugated partition, and the 2nd tenant cannot access the toilet. A real partition (which is not very expensive) or a glass partition with curtain will be much better in terms of privacy, sound-proofing, space and look.

ysyap
15-11-12, 05:51
A real partition wall plus a simple door (not pd door huh) will probably cost about $1k (max) so it is nicer... :rolleyes:

irisng
15-11-12, 07:19

Do you mean the rule allows only 2 residents in a mm unit, how about if the tenant has a family of 4 people (2 adults and 2 young children)?