PDA

View Full Version : Different between Rebuild and Reconstruct.

may2012
20-10-12, 15:01
What are the diff?

Any requirements with BCA?

Secretariat
21-10-12, 08:11
What are the diff?

Any requirements with BCA?

In BCA-speak, for redevelopment of a landed, they have the terms A&A, Reconstruction, and New Erection.

But the architects/contractors use the term Rebuilding because an Erection may mean something pathological...not so nice to say to a lady owner "oh miss, we have an erection here"...:D

The difference between A&A and Reconstruction is the treatment of incremental GFAs, who can be the QP for the project etc etc. I can't be bothered with the detail because, in the situation of New Ereaction, there are all sorts of by-laws influencing the design of a house already. A&A, Reconstruction lagi more...:doh:

Oh, another thing is, some architects or constructors don't do A&A at all...too troublesome they said.

DC33_2008
21-10-12, 09:46
It is the professional fee issues vs level of constraints. Project is considered as Reconstruction if GFA is increased by more than 70% of the original GFA. I did it 10 years ago. Not sure about now? Just check with the architect.
In BCA-speak, for redevelopment of a landed, they have the terms A&A, Reconstruction, and New Erection.

But the architects/contractors use the term Rebuilding because an Erection may mean something pathological...not so nice to say to a lady owner "oh miss, we have an erection here"...:D

The difference between A&A and Reconstruction is the treatment of incremental GFAs, who can be the QP for the project etc etc. I can't be bothered with the detail because, in the situation of New Ereaction, there are all sorts of by-laws influencing the design of a house already. A&A, Reconstruction lagi more...:doh:

Oh, another thing is, some architects or constructors don't do A&A at all...too troublesome they said.