PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Fri coming again, another CM or not?!

leesg123
18-10-12, 09:30
Pls pls no more cm for the time being, old heart cannot take it.

may2012
18-10-12, 09:33
yes, u are funny.

zzz1
18-10-12, 09:49
depend on which camp you are in... or some very very serious buyer..they hopping to CM every Friday..:D

nav14
18-10-12, 10:10
depend on which camp you are in... or some very very serious buyer..they hopping to CM every Friday..:D

On a serious note, I am expecting another one by end Nov. It will most probably be announced on a Friday again.

zzz1
18-10-12, 11:18
On a serious note, I am expecting another one by end Nov. It will most probably be announced on a Friday again.
Any conjecture why Nov ? is it just too close to previous,

if too short the period, it will being seen as the previous CM had not been given in depth thought, unless is really a run away price...

Super
18-10-12, 12:18

if too short the period, it will being seen as the previous CM had not been given in depth thought, unless is really a run away price...

I am putting my bet on a Nov CM from HDB. This CM will comes with the Nov 2012 BTO annoucement. I might be wrong. So dun quote me. :D

nav14
18-10-12, 12:24

Because the figures from Oct will prove that the latest CM was a complete failure and yes I think their main target for the next CM could be the HDB market. Rein in the HDB market and it will impact the PC (mass market at least) segment as well.

radha08
18-10-12, 12:26
Pls pls no more cm for the time being, old heart cannot take it.

friday is a holy day for our good muslim bros...:spliff:

for the rest of us it is a day of fear...:scared-1:..of the powers of the dark side...:scared-1:....more cm...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

radha08
18-10-12, 12:29
I am putting my bet on a Nov CM from HDB. This CM will comes with the Nov 2012 BTO annoucement. I might be wrong. So dun quote me. :D

thats why i started this thread...

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=15194

avo7007
18-10-12, 12:42
I think the next CM (if any) will focus on commercial pty mkt.:2cents:

carbuncle
18-10-12, 12:47
So MND and URA came out CM.

Many more other agencies can come out also...

HDB
SLA
CEA
NEA
LTA
NParks

We can then have one CM every day of the week

lol

zzz1
18-10-12, 14:46
Because the figures from Oct will prove that the latest CM was a complete failure and yes I think their main target for the next CM could be the HDB market. Rein in the HDB market and it will impact the PC (mass market at least) segment as well.

every time the CM on HDB, private is not spared either, one way or another...

zzz1
18-10-12, 14:49

nn problems... just only want to know the rationale behind the thought...

radha08
18-10-12, 15:06
So MND and URA came out CM.

Many more other agencies can come out also...

HDB
SLA
CEA
NEA
LTA
NParks

We can then have one CM every day of the week

lol

new agency called CuM...agency...:D:D:D

carbuncle
18-10-12, 16:27
new agency called CuM...agency...:D:D:D

sounds like to control sticky situations....

leesg123
19-10-12, 23:24
We SURVIVE today!! :cheers5:

DC33_2008
19-10-12, 23:26
Any good showflats to go tomorrow?

kane
19-10-12, 23:29

now we eagerly wait for CM rather than launches. haha.

DKSG
20-10-12, 00:39
Any good showflats to go tomorrow?

You can try visiting the "sell until not much left" Sky Green.

DKSG

DC33_2008
20-10-12, 08:23
Waiting for the Tuan Sing project in front of potong pasir mrt stn. Took quite a while to build the showflat and it is really tall. This will be the place of many happenings and price will escalate with bibadari next to it. Not sky green,
You can try visiting the "sell until not much left" Sky Green.

DKSG

chestnut
20-10-12, 10:07
Actually if there is CM, it tells you that your property prices went/going up right? So CM needs to be in place to prevent bubble, right?
If not why need CM? So those who invested, should not be that overly concern about CM right.

Those who did not buy are those that got impacted right? Because the barrier to entry has increased.

CM is a prevention of a catastrophe from happening.

Imagine if they implement some form of cm for subprime, would the subprime event even take place?

I feel what the govt is doing is correct. Prevent those who cannot afford "so called sub prime equivalent" from buying.

carbuncle
20-10-12, 10:29
Actually if there is CM, it tells you that your property prices went/going up right? So CM needs to be in place to prevent bubble, right?
If not why need CM? So those who invested, should not be that overly concern about CM right.

Those who did not buy are those that got impacted right? Because the barrier to entry has increased.

Imagine if they implement some form of cm for subprime, would the subprime event even take place?

I feel what the govt is doing is correct. Prevent those who cannot afford "so called sub prime equivalent" from buying.

I LOVE CM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But kpkb for the brudders and sises here who missed the boats.

Actually is true... let's review what I did after each of the past CMs.

I quote the CM summary by one of the kind bros here (ikan? can't remember who sorry):

CM #1, Sep 2009
- Remove Interest Only Housing loan

-> Continue buying and selling, nvm, never service interest-only anyway.

CM #2, Feb 2010
- No more LTV of 90%, Max 80% (except HDB)

-> Just buy! If you need 90LTV, better go play stocks and shares.

CM #3, Aug 2010
- SSD of 1-3%
- LTV Max 70% for 2nd Loan

-> Still buy! Profit from previous sales no prob for 70% LTV

CM #4, Jan 2011
- SSD of 4-16%
- LTV Max 60% for 2nd Loan

-> Now this one a bit headache, but... well... just buy if you like the project la! Only can't sell within 4 yrs nia. Ppty meant to be BOUGHT not SOLD anyway!

CM #5, Dec 2011
- ABSD 3/10%

-> oh oh... now JUST BUY also kena tax... hmmm.... GAME OVER. But nehmind, already bought many many liao.

CM #6, Oct 2012
- Max loan tenure 35yrs
- For 1st Loan, LTV Max 60% if Loan tenure >30yrs or extend beyond 65yr old
- For 2nd Loan, LTV Max 40% if Loan tenure >30yrs or extend beyond 65yr old

-> La la la ... ... ... TCSS in CONDOSINGAPORE.COM

kane
20-10-12, 10:37
Actually subprime arise because they can anyhow declare income amd can still take loan. Here evenwith 40% down still got restriction. And here in singapore, income docs are very transparent. Very hard to run away. The marginal players who can't invest further in property will naturally find the next best alternative to invest in.

chestnut
20-10-12, 10:45
Actually subprime arise because they can anyhow declare income amd can still take loan. Here evenwith 40% down still got restriction. And here in singapore, income docs are very transparent. Very hard to run away. The marginal players who can't invest further in property will naturally find the next best alternative to invest in.

Prime rates were for those who met financial ratings. Sub prime whereby interest is a lot higher is for those who did not "qualify".

DKSG
20-10-12, 15:19
I LOVE CM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But kpkb for the brudders and sises here who missed the boats.

Actually is true... let's review what I did after each of the past CMs.

I quote the CM summary by one of the kind bros here (ikan? can't remember who sorry):

CM #1, Sep 2009
- Remove Interest Only Housing loan

-> Continue buying and selling, nvm, never service interest-only anyway.

CM #2, Feb 2010
- No more LTV of 90%, Max 80% (except HDB)

-> Just buy! If you need 90LTV, better go play stocks and shares.

CM #3, Aug 2010
- SSD of 1-3%
- LTV Max 70% for 2nd Loan

-> Still buy! Profit from previous sales no prob for 70% LTV

CM #4, Jan 2011
- SSD of 4-16%
- LTV Max 60% for 2nd Loan

-> Now this one a bit headache, but... well... just buy if you like the project la! Only can't sell within 4 yrs nia. Ppty meant to be BOUGHT not SOLD anyway!

CM #5, Dec 2011
- ABSD 3/10%

-> oh oh... now JUST BUY also kena tax... hmmm.... GAME OVER. But nehmind, already bought many many liao.

CM #6, Oct 2012
- Max loan tenure 35yrs
- For 1st Loan, LTV Max 60% if Loan tenure >30yrs or extend beyond 65yr old
- For 2nd Loan, LTV Max 40% if Loan tenure >30yrs or extend beyond 65yr old

-> La la la ... ... ... TCSS in CONDOSINGAPORE.COM

You dont join MediaCorp also very the wasted.

Wish my office got interesting people like u ... haha!

DKSG

carbuncle
20-10-12, 15:34
any opening in your office? I very free bored to death leh

jwong71
20-10-12, 16:19

some went in B2 commercial props, a 30yrs old frd of mine.

bgt 2 at yishun, alrdy offered 100k+ for his each unit.

phantom_opera
20-10-12, 17:13
Hearsay, In china, GDP up 300pc since deng xiao ping opening up but money grows by 4000x

Beijing shopping is now same price as Singapore, CM only remove the short term speculators and weaklings but will not affect demand

DKSG
20-10-12, 19:02
any opening in your office? I very free bored to death leh

GO showflats lor!

Work in office is very stupid one.

Office politics, time wasted doing useless things.

Dont come and fight for my Office Boy job ok ?

I scared you like foriegn "talent" come and undercut my already quite low pay.

Haha!

DKSG

DKSG
20-10-12, 19:05
some went in B2 commercial props, a 30yrs old frd of mine.

bgt 2 at yishun, alrdy offered 100k+ for his each unit.

Commercial property is the next wave.

Look at all these CMs, it just push investors to an area where they belong - commercial/retail properties. Let the business handle the business.

Government dont want people to overly profit from residential property transactions. But if you profit from other businesses, its ok. Thats how it shld be.

There is a surge of queries by those marginalised out by this last CM into commercial properties already.

DKSG

amk
26-10-12, 19:52
another Friday, another CM ;) this time in HK though ...

HK now also has 15% ABSD for foreigners, higher than us. SSD also extended to 3ys. Kind of outdo SG already.

hyenergix
26-10-12, 20:01
More reason for foreigners to buy in Singapore n Malaysia.

leesg123
26-10-12, 23:33

HK now also has 15% ABSD for foreigners, higher than us. SSD also extended to 3ys. Kind of outdo SG already.very high chance another round of CM before the year closes.

radha08
27-10-12, 00:09

HK now also has 15% ABSD for foreigners, higher than us. SSD also extended to 3ys. Kind of outdo SG already.

yeah right on man...friday again...

Laguna
27-10-12, 00:29
all major policies have to be on Friday for the market to absorb over the weekend....

kane
27-10-12, 01:56
I wonder what is their ABSD for local residents...

leesg123
01-11-12, 22:52
Let us pray for a peaceful Fri!:p

kane
02-11-12, 00:00
how much is our index of non-landed up year to date?

for house hunters, maybe every friday must watch CNA closely at 6pm.

radha08
02-11-12, 02:30
how much is our index of non-landed up year to date?

for house hunters, maybe every friday must watch CNA closely at 6pm.

the more cm they come out the more kan cheong people become to buy cos they wont know if next round they will be hit...by the cm...:cool:

carbuncle
02-11-12, 09:33
Aiyo, every Friday must worry abt cm, i rather stay next to a mosque. The chanting and prayers are way more soothing and relaxing then the anxiety of another cm.

DKSG
02-11-12, 14:17
Aiyo, every Friday must worry abt cm, i rather stay next to a mosque. The chanting and prayers are way more soothing and relaxing then the anxiety of another cm.

This Friday no CMs ...
Sorry to disappoint those looking forward to it ...

Time to plan which showflats or resale units to visit lo !!!

DKSG

kane
02-11-12, 14:43
I thought closer to 5pm then they announce?

PN
02-11-12, 15:21
The weather very hot everybody so tense these days.

Go buy a cold cooling yummy ice scream from the ice scream uncle lah.

phantom_opera
02-11-12, 15:48

Mr Bean soy bean ice-cream quite healthy ... :p

radha08
02-11-12, 16:06
Who is shivering...:spliff:

radha08
02-11-12, 18:10
phew heng ahhhh....so sat/sun can go show flat....then mon to thurs TCSS...then come friday start to shiver...:D

isnt life in spore so fun....:D

DKSG
02-11-12, 19:30
phew heng ahhhh....so sat/sun can go show flat....then mon to thurs TCSS...then come friday start to shiver...:D

isnt life in spore so fun....:D

Sorry to disappoint you lor !
Coz next week also no CM.

You can safely buy your condo. Wait! If you CM then maybe even more difficult to buy. Maybe you shld just buy NOW!

DKSG

phantom_opera
02-11-12, 23:04
No CM but gold has huge correction in last few days ... wondering why

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=GCZ12.CMX&t=5d&q=&l=&z=l&a=v&p=s&lang=en-US&region=US

focus
02-11-12, 23:27
No CM but gold has huge correction in last few days ... wondering why

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=GCZ12.CMX&t=5d&q=&l=&z=l&a=v&p=s&lang=en-US&region=US

I tot the news says.. "Good job report, Prospect of increasing QE in November/Dec lessening, GOLD Down"

kane
02-11-12, 23:47
Fridays have become a whole lot more entertaining.

carbuncle
03-11-12, 15:36

Ice cream uncle = dtrax + carbuncle

carbuncle
03-11-12, 15:38
I tot the news says.. "Good job report, Prospect of increasing QE in November/Dec lessening, GOLD Down"

Which media u read? How come mine says US unemployment rate up...

focus
03-11-12, 15:57
Which media u read? How come mine says US unemployment rate up...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49651816

carbuncle
03-11-12, 16:32
http://www.cnbc.com/id/49651816

I see. You are forward looking (jobs creation). I only look at the now (unemployment rate up).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/obama-romney-await-jobs-data-days-out-from-us-election/story-fnbzs1v0-1226509631159.

DKSG
03-11-12, 18:04

Office Boy also dont understand this.
They say Gold down because people now got more risk appetite.
So sell gold buy other more risky assets because economy looks like better now.

Anyway, Office Boy only knows how to buy property, rent them out, wait for good price a few years later, then sell for a decent profit to make some pocket money.

DKSG

leesg123
06-11-12, 12:48
Come place your bet! Cooling Measure

Option 1: Resale market only for Singapore citizen. Current PR owners can only sell to citizen. (so PR can either rent or buy private or convert to citizen)

Option 2: HDB cannot be sublet even after 5 years MOP. It being public housing, should be returned to the pool if owner has intention to upgrade to private.

Option 3: ???

focus
06-11-12, 19:10
Come place your bet! Cooling Measure

Option 1: Resale market only for Singapore citizen. Current PR owners can only sell to citizen. (so PR can either rent or buy private or convert to citizen)

Option 2: HDB cannot be sublet even after 5 years MOP. It being public housing, should be returned to the pool if owner has intention to upgrade to private.

Option 3: ???

Option 3 : HDB and Pte can only resell back to local.

kane
06-11-12, 21:54
resales would come to a standstill and supply will dry up. everyone will be just subletting their units.

minority
07-11-12, 00:18
OCR condos no 1 rent. Interest goes up. and many are force to sell their HDB and live in smaller PC coz they stuck . Cannot sell cannot rent.

So end up HDB resale will have a lot of supply. and Price for HDB moderate and even drop.

in the end the people just screwed themselves. The saying goes "pride comes before a fall".

those with weak hands will sell at a lost.

Those with cash will be happy to buy in again.!

leesg123
07-11-12, 14:51
Upgrading's fine but not at expense of price spiral

WHILE I can appreciate the ambition of HDB dwellers to upgrade to private properties ("Reduced supply pushes prices up"; last Saturday), they should not be allowed to earn rental income from their flats to subsidise the purchase of their new private homes.
HDB flats, whether they are purchased directly or from the resale market, are public flats built for the primary purpose of meeting the housing needs of Singapore residents who are unlikely to be able to afford private housing.
As such, HDB home owners who are now able to afford to upgrade to private properties should return their flats by selling them in the open market or back to the HDB.
Returning these HDB flats to the open resale market will increase the supply side and help to stabilise the steep prices for leasehold public flats.
Terence Tan Wan Liang
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/upgradings-fine-not-expense-price-spiral-20121107

CM CM CM coming soon????!!!

chestnut
07-11-12, 14:54
Bro, if it happens, where do you want the work permit people to sleep???

WHILE I can appreciate the ambition of HDB dwellers to upgrade to private properties ("Reduced supply pushes prices up"; last Saturday), they should not be allowed to earn rental income from their flats to subsidise the purchase of their new private homes.
HDB flats, whether they are purchased directly or from the resale market, are public flats built for the primary purpose of meeting the housing needs of Singapore residents who are unlikely to be able to afford private housing.
As such, HDB home owners who are now able to afford to upgrade to private properties should return their flats by selling them in the open market or back to the HDB.
Returning these HDB flats to the open resale market will increase the supply side and help to stabilise the steep prices for leasehold public flats.
Terence Tan Wan Liang
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/upgradings-fine-not-expense-price-spiral-20121107

leesg123
07-11-12, 14:56
Bro, if it happens, where do you want the work permit people to sleep???hostel? old old condo? rent HDB room instead of whole flat?

chestnut
07-11-12, 15:25
hostel? old old condo? rent HDB room instead of whole flat?

Bro, why in 1990, the rule was, if you own private and hdb, you need to stay in hdb and rent out private or, if you want to stay in private, you have to sell your hdb.

Then a few years back, they tell you that you can rent out the hdb and stay in condo???

Next, did you notice that hdb rental prices are on the rise??? Supply or demand more???

What is the impact if you reduce hdb rental market???

;)

kane
07-11-12, 22:58
Bro, why in 1990, the rule was, if you own private and hdb, you need to stay in hdb and rent out private or, if you want to stay in private, you have to sell your hdb.

Then a few years back, they tell you that you can rent out the hdb and stay in condo???

Next, did you notice that hdb rental prices are on the rise??? Supply or demand more???

What is the impact if you reduce hdb rental market???

;)

ups. and if hdb rental moves up some more, what will happen to resale and new flat prices??

radha08
08-11-12, 12:36
ups. and if hdb rental moves up some more, what will happen to resale and new flat prices??

Cheong ahhhhhhh:D

CondoWE
08-11-12, 13:48

Terence Tan Wan Liang

yap...better do it quickly else once the CM is out...no chance liao but hor those who already have all will not affected la...:D !

DKSG
09-11-12, 17:57
Sorry to disappoint you lor !
Coz next week also no CM.

You can safely buy your condo. Wait! If you CM then maybe even more difficult to buy. Maybe you shld just buy NOW!

DKSG

Office Boy wants to claim credit for getting this right !

Haha!

DKSG

avo7007
09-11-12, 18:02
CNA:

SINGAPORE: Resale home prices of both non-landed private residential units and HDB flats continued to climb in October against the third quarter 2012.

Data released by the Singapore Real Estate Exchange (SRX) showed that the unit resale price for non-landed private residential rose 4.1 percent in October to $1,209 per square foot.

SRX compiles data from 11 top property agencies in Singapore.

The report found that resale prices of private homes rose across all regions, with non-landed homes in the city fringe seeing the sharpest increase at 4.5 percent, compared to the third quarter of 2012,

This is followed by a 4.2 percent increase in the suburban areas, and a 1.8 percent increase in the core central region.

SRX noted that the price gap between non-landed private homes in the suburban areas and those in the city has narrowed to a new low of 84.8 percent.

Meanwhile in the HDB resale market, SRX said overall cash-over-valuation (COV) continues its uptrend to reach $33,000 in October, a 10 percent increase from the third quarter.

COV refers to a cash premium that's paid to the seller, on top of the valuation of the property.

SRX added that October's COV is $3,000 shy of the five-year all-time high of $36,000 COV attained in the third quarter of 2011 since tracking began in 2007.

The higher COV also helped to push overall HDB median resale price to a new high of $455,000 - a 1.1 percent increase from $450,000 in the third quarter 2012.

On the rental market, SRX said overall HDB median rents remained unchanged at $2,400 while overall gross rental yield of non-landed private homes fell to 3.87 percent in October.

Wow, price increment actually accelerated after the latest CM. Please have more CM. What say you KBW and Tharman?:D

carbuncle
09-11-12, 19:23
price rise is the actual intended effect.... they can then safely say they have done all they can but it rises even faster! so nobody will ask for cm ever again....

kane
09-11-12, 19:59
4.1% in one month? Wah, no wonder got so many viewers come.

phantom_opera
09-11-12, 21:03
they won't need any CM until QE4 ... Dow and AAPL's relentless correction is more effective than any of their CMs

DKSG
09-11-12, 22:46

If you have been to the showflats and observe, there is some general panic that some people may be the next group of people who kanna CM-ed.

Just like those in their 50s now, many kenna CM-ed.

DKSG

kane
09-11-12, 22:52
If you have been to the showflats and observe, there is some general panic that some people may be the next group of people who kanna CM-ed.

Just like those in their 50s now, many kenna CM-ed.

DKSG

i was at foresque last weekend. even at such a quiet location, there are about 6-8 families there at that point in time.

DKSG
09-11-12, 22:52
i was at foresque last weekend. even at such a quiet location, there are about 6-8 families there at that point in time.

You shld walk over and ask them : CM-ing ?

DKSG

DKSG
09-11-12, 22:58
Kane : Great to know another showflat person!

DKSG

kane
09-11-12, 23:35
Kane : Great to know another showflat person!

DKSG

must see the sentiment on the ground and explore different layouts, site plans mah.

DKSG
09-11-12, 23:55
must see the sentiment on the ground and explore different layouts, site plans mah.

We belong to the same group.
Understanding the market from the ground.

DKSG

Laguna
10-11-12, 05:19
Data released by the Singapore Real Estate Exchange (SRX) showed that the unit resale price for non-landed private residential rose 4.1 percent in October to $1,209 per square foot.

This refers to the existing properties excluding new sale.
I am not sure how is this being computed, but definitely IMO, is too much and too fast.

If resale up 4.1%, then what about new sale?

hyenergix
10-11-12, 06:25

I am not sure how is this being computed, but definitely IMO, is too much and too fast.

If resale up 4.1%, then what about new sale?

Sounds scary :scared-4:

In another few months' time we will see more new records for launches in RCR and OCR.

I'm not too sure if the younger generation can really afford decent 2-3 bedders private condos. I expect ECs sales to shoot up when this group switches to cheaper alternatives.

ysyap
10-11-12, 06:38

If resale up 4.1%, then what about new sale?This certainly don't look good for buyers. Sellers (including developers) happy only.

chestnut
10-11-12, 06:57
They definitely can afford. Open your eyes. It is already here.

It started w tuition, then
Swimming, piano, ballet, math Olympia, etcccc
And now funding of deposits of hdb and pc. Be it in the form of loan or gift.

When parents started giving tuition for their kids. Many parents kpkb. It's gonna happen with houses again. Many will say - that is not the way. Ultimately many will give in, the later years. You will see this to be the norm in 10 years time.
Learn from history.

:cheers4:

Sounds scary :scared-4:

In another few months' time we will see more new records for launches in RCR and OCR.

I'm not too sure if the younger generation can really afford decent 2-3 bedders private condos. I expect ECs sales to shoot up when this group switches to cheaper alternatives.

hyenergix
10-11-12, 07:03
They definitely can afford. Open your eyes. It is already here.

It started w tuition, then
Swimming, piano, ballet, math Olympia, etcccc
And now funding of deposits of hdb and pc. Be it in the form of loan or gift.

When parents started giving tuition for their kids. Many parents kpkb. It's gonna happen with houses again. Many will say - that is not the way. Ultimately many will give in, the later years. You will see this to be the norm in 10 years time.
Learn from history.

:cheers4:

Yes, I think 1-2 bedder MMs demand will shoot up because many parents want to buy at least one pte for their children to give them a head start. We already have many forumers here doing so, and I believe this trend will accelerate in the next few years until it becomes a norm.

chestnut
10-11-12, 07:11
Yes, I think 1-2 bedder MMs demand will shoot up because many parents want to buy at least one pte for their children to give them a head start. We already have many forumers here doing so, and I believe this trend will accelerate in the next few years until it becomes a norm.

Bro, it is the fund for the downpayment. Already many kids are asking for 'loan' from parents. Ask those in your off. Mine a few parents helped.

hyenergix
10-11-12, 07:25
Bro, it is the fund for the downpayment. Already many kids are asking for 'loan' from parents. Ask those in your off. Mine a few parents helped.

Yes, including that too. This already started during my times when some of friends got their condos and cars immediately upon graduation. I can only LLST.

Secretariat
10-11-12, 07:55
This certainly don't look good for buyers. Sellers (including developers) happy only.

This data, actually makes a potential buyer who has been sitting on the fence to pull the trigger. Buyers will be happy, sellers will be happy (unless they sold everything they had), in a rising market.

In the thread "Why people bought new launches", I have explored how CM6 changed the buying dynamic, from new launches to resales. Especially so for those newly TOP'ed. Many posters commented that there will always be a 15-20% price gap between new launches and resales, while I argued that a rational buyer will choose a resale over a new launch, post-CM6. When the prices of resales narrowed with new launches, it creates a more sustainable cycle.

The is a property forum, a lot of participants have ample experiences in property investment. And yet, the problem is that, the way I see it, some participants are just 'promoting' those developments they bought. They are intolerant of different views proposed, or highlighted, by other participants. This is really a short-sighted approach, for all ships in the sea of property cycle rise and fall together.

Instead, newbies considering a property purchase should find a balanced forum so that they can make an informed decision. Every potential property purchaser comes with a different financial profile afterall.

For those who understand how a stock market operator works, this is called having a pool of strong holders instead of weak holders.

chestnut
10-11-12, 07:58
Yes, including that too. This already started during my times when some of friends got their condos and cars immediately upon graduation. I can only LLST.

Bro, is like tsunami. During my time, only the rich do it. So I never saw. Did not have any rich friends then. Your time, already some, now more and more. The older folks are earning more and more.
Calculate amount of $$$ spent on tuition, what is it compared to downpayment.

U look at tuition fee over the years. Also went up.

kane
10-11-12, 08:31
生不带来,死不带去。naturally the parents will try to help.

avo7007
10-11-12, 10:55
If November's property figures is as "good" as October's, chances of a year end CM is quite high.......:scared-4:

DKSG
10-11-12, 11:27
If November's property figures is as "good" as October's, chances of a year end CM is quite high.......:scared-4:

I think people here are seriously obsessed with CMs.

Those MTBs keep fantasizing that there will be a CM to crash the market.

Those investors continue to think of CMs as a means of rushing more and more people to buy thus pushing up prices (like what we have seen in the past 6 CMs).

There will not be anymore CMs this year - got it ?

DKSG

DKSG
10-11-12, 11:31
This data, actually makes a potential buyer who has been sitting on the fence to pull the trigger. Buyers will be happy, sellers will be happy (unless they sold everything they had), in a rising market.

In the thread "Why people bought new launches", I have explored how CM6 changed the buying dynamic, from new launches to resales. Especially so for those newly TOP'ed. Many posters commented that there will always be a 15-20% price gap between new launches and resales, while I argued that a rational buyer will choose a resale over a new launch, post-CM6. When the prices of resales narrowed with new launches, it creates a more sustainable cycle.

The is a property forum, a lot of participants have ample experiences in property investment. And yet, the problem is that, the way I see it, some participants are just 'promoting' those developments they bought. They are intolerant of different views proposed, or highlighted, by other participants. This is really a short-sighted approach, for all ships in the sea of property cycle rise and fall together.

Instead, newbies considering a property purchase should find a balanced forum so that they can make an informed decision. Every potential property purchaser comes with a different financial profile afterall.

For those who understand how a stock market operator works, this is called having a pool of strong holders instead of weak holders.

Dear Big S,

My office analysts taught me that we have to read each analysis in its own light. Be able to decipher the facts in what we read.

It is easy to say - everyone should post frank opinions, but opinions are just opinions, onerous lies with readers how to separate the facts with plain opinion.

Freedom of speech, everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not blatant lies like "Property Market is crashing 20%!".

Big S in town - you got go support bo ?

DKSG

avo7007
10-11-12, 13:21
There will not be anymore CMs this year - got it ?

DKSG

Are you close friend of KBW or Tharman?:p

Shanhz
10-11-12, 13:41

quite true. of coz those who miss the boat not happy. those on the boat happy. btw the CM are really working quite well to weed out speculators, esp foreign ones. just look at skies miltonia - 87.5% bought by singaporeans

http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-and-analysis/residential?p=skies-miltonia

and at LTV 60%, still so many sgpreans buy, either sgpreans all freaking rich... or they are financially sound (eg: first loan fully paid, ie: 80% LTV). all these appear to have holding power.

hard to say mkt will drop or not. but i dare say any drop will not be significant with so many vultures waiting on the sidelines to enter

Shanhz
10-11-12, 13:48

not sure if i'm right, but i believe all these % are Y-O-Y increase, not from month to month. otherwise if 4% in one mth, in 1 year already chao chao 25-50% up. i dun tink that is happening.

statistically, they need to compare Y-O-Y to weed out seasonal factors

radha08
10-11-12, 15:27
quite true. of coz those who miss the boat not happy. those on the boat happy. btw the CM are really working quite well to weed out speculators, esp foreign ones. just look at skies miltonia - 87.5% bought by singaporeans

http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-and-analysis/residential?p=skies-miltonia

and at LTV 60%, still so many sgpreans buy, either sgpreans all freaking rich... or they are financially sound (eg: first loan fully paid, ie: 80% LTV). all these appear to have holding power.

hard to say mkt will drop or not. but i dare say any drop will not be significant with so many vultures waiting on the sidelines to enter

this time around is different....too much $$$$ in the market and not enough things to buy thats why coe also skyrocketed..:rolleyes:

carbuncle
10-11-12, 15:57
office boy, its 'onus' not 'onerous'

carbuncle
10-11-12, 15:59
only when ERO comes in between and ON US then it is ONeroUS

DKSG
10-11-12, 16:00
office boy, its 'onus' not 'onerous'

Pai Seh la!
Office Boy Engrish is really not very good.

Lucky buy property no need good English, else jialat!

And I not friend of KBW or Tharman.

Office Boy got only a few friends only, those in office are colleagues, not friends. haha!

DKSG

kane
10-11-12, 17:06
"SINGAPORE: Resale home prices of both non-landed private residential units and HDB flats continued to climb in October against the third quarter 2012.Data released by the Singapore Real Estate Exchange (SRX) showed that the unit resale price for non-landed private residential rose 4.1 percent in October to $1,209 per square foot."

It says continued to rise against 3rd Q. And 4.1% in October. So from the grammer used. It implies 4.1% in one month. Unless the author blur sotong, never benchmark properly.

amk
10-11-12, 17:21
"SINGAPORE: Resale home prices of both non-landed private residential units and HDB flats continued to climb in October against the third quarter 2012.Data released by the Singapore Real Estate Exchange (SRX) showed that the unit resale price for non-landed private residential rose 4.1 percent in October to $1,209 per square foot."

It says continued to rise against 3rd Q. And 4.1% in October. So from the grammer used. It implies 4.1% in one month. Unless the author blur sotong, never benchmark properly.

Be careful , this site uses a very crude way of computing prices. It simply uses all transacted prices and do an average. As properties are not "homogenous", you cannot compare the price of x over price of y and say this is an increase.

However it does give a feel of the market. I actually interprete it differently. To me it seems CCR buyers are returning. The increase of CCR transactions push up the average psf of all transactions.

DKSG
10-11-12, 17:36
Be careful , this site uses a very crude way of computing prices. It simply uses all transacted prices and do an average. As properties are not "homogenous", you cannot compare the price of x over price of y and say this is an increase.

However it does give a feel of the market. I actually interprete it differently. To me it seems CCR buyers are returning. The increase of CCR transactions push up the average psf of all transactions.

That itself is an indication of the market right ?

With OCR red hot, and CCR improving, doesnt it tell a story ?

From the showflats, what Office Boy can say is, foreigners are coming back, though slowly, but very steadily.

DKSG

amk
10-11-12, 19:41
I think it indicates activity in certain segment is moving up, however it is insufficient to indicate anything wrt price increasing or decreasing. What I'm really keen is to see the volume. They should release weekly volume numbers in different segments , that will be much more interesting.

phantom_opera
10-11-12, 20:23
Market dragon head hk is now taking a sleep, once it wakes up will chiong again

kane
10-11-12, 20:52

The areas that I am following seem to have made that 4% surge. But maybe not in the space of one month. More like a few months. But new launches that constantly set new records are probably the ones driving the price index higher.

leesg123
19-11-12, 12:59
I pray and pray that a new CM that address this category of people: own hdb and private.

Since can own pte, hdb should be release back to market for the new generation. Just like pte property owners cannot buy hdb, likewise the other end of spectrum need to be addressed too. Increase resale hdb qty, price will moderate, good for everyone.

leesg123
22-12-12, 00:07
This is it! The final Fri for 2012 coming soon! Will we have another CM to end the year? Place your bet!

wind30
22-12-12, 00:15
looking at the activity of this forum, it seems that the property market is cooling down... how to have anymore CM?