PDA

View Full Version : any law that prohibits insider info?

leesg123
17-10-12, 23:29
E.g., people working in depts that deals with mrt station location, possible bus stops or bus routes, or urnan planning plan etc, got law prevent them and their family members from profiteering from such advance info? Does it work?

Laguna
17-10-12, 23:48
Official Secret Act for those works in the Govt sectors.
It works, very fierce.

leesg123
18-10-12, 00:25
Official Secret Act for those works in the Govt sectors.
It works, very fierce.really meh? any gurantee their wife, uncle, auntie wont hear wind of where exactly the TSL or ERL MRT will be built? No one really check on them right.

Laguna
18-10-12, 00:34
really meh? any gurantee their wife, uncle, auntie wont hear wind of where exactly the TSL or ERL MRT will be built? No one really check on them right.

if u don't believe, that is
don't need to challenge me.

buttercarp
18-10-12, 01:10
I think by right, they are supposed to maintain confidentiality. But if they tell their relatives n no one lodges a complaint vs them, nothing will happen. If their relatives tell other people, other people may not believe them cos there is no proof.

carbuncle
18-10-12, 01:12
work in ST, you get followed everywhere.

Singapore Technologies, not Straits Times

buttercarp
18-10-12, 01:16

Huh..... Who is the follower?

carbuncle
18-10-12, 01:17
plain clothes background check

irisng
18-10-12, 16:15
I think they are very serious about the confidentiality. Recently met one of my ex-neighbours and asked her about her son. She said she only knows that her son work for one of the ministers, need to follow the minister around, other than that, she knows nothing.;)

roly8
20-10-12, 11:46
plain clothes background check

really scary:o

Secretariat
20-10-12, 11:58

Not only government sector, or -linked.

Very senior executives of some companies in private sector are also regularly 'surveyed'. The french is known doing so.

Not only executives are 'surveyed', sometime a company's product also security-checked. The recent case is Huawai.