PDA

View Full Version : MRT from Woodlands to JB in 2018!

star
16-10-12, 14:59
See this news:

http://epaper.mypaper.sg/cnd/fvxcn/fvxp/fvxpress.php?param=2012-10-15

Woodlands residents huat liao!

leesg123
16-10-12, 15:40
See this news:

Woodlands residents huat liao!why huat?

1. JB is not orchard or MBS or sentosa.
2. Imagine the huge crowd every weekend or hols. Good for retail though. gonna be very messy.

star
16-10-12, 15:59
People have been brainwashed. By ang moh style. Always think mbs, orchard, holland, novena only huat. By the way the highest price increase is in RCR and OCR now.

leesg123
16-10-12, 16:28
People have been brainwashed. By ang moh style. Always think mbs, orchard, holland, novena only huat. By the way the highest price increase is in RCR and OCR now.so now the gap between CCR vs the rest is narrower. for the same psf, same quantum will one choose Grange Road or Woodlands Ring Road?

eng81157
16-10-12, 16:51
1. instead of renting a room, some johor-ians, who work in singapore, can easily take a train back and thus, impact rental demand.

2. singaporeans can easily take the train into JB to buy groceries, so much better than driving in (and risk carjacking) or taking the bus.

3. with the added convenience, more singaporeans opt to purchase property in JB and transit to & fro everyday

the list ain't exhaustive but i can surely come up with more reasons that it's NOT a definite huat

DC33_2008
16-10-12, 17:20
The SGD-MAL mrt train benefits Malaysia than Singapore. Property around woodlands may even drop in demand.

Laguna
16-10-12, 19:37
How to clear customs at both end?

Pikachu1245
16-10-12, 20:00
People have been brainwashed. By ang moh style. Always think mbs, orchard, holland, novena only huat. By the way the highest price increase is in RCR and OCR now.

True..... True.........Woodlands property owners huat ah...........:cheers4:

Pikachu1245
16-10-12, 20:02
so now the gap between CCR vs the rest is narrower. for the same psf, same quantum will one choose Grange Road or Woodlands Ring Road?

Think if American, some will no doubt still choose woodlands because American International School at Woodlands Mah! Some more can go JB shop shop......Seems more Ang Mo at JB liao.......

Rysk
16-10-12, 20:23
True..... True.........Woodlands property owners huat ah...........:cheers4:
No huat lah..
JB robber come & go easy with better mode of transport.. 20% JB crime pass-on to Woodlands.. :D

focus
16-10-12, 20:28
If got MRT, more ang moh family will move to JB landed and condo liao since it becomes more convenient for them to take mrt here. Though... I also dont know how many cabins the train will have during peak hours. If standard size.. i think it will be jammmmmm to iskandar..

Pikachu1245
16-10-12, 20:35
If got MRT, more ang moh family will move to JB landed and condo liao since it becomes more convenient for them to take mrt here. Though... I also dont know how many cabins the train will have during peak hours. If standard size.. i think it will be jammmmmm to iskandar..

Think will not lah.
Why ley?
Because Ang Mo also too scared for their lives to stay in JB as JB too famous for %^%$@#$# liao................

Pikachu1245
16-10-12, 20:38
No huat lah..
JB robber come & go easy with better mode of transport.. 20% JB crime pass-on to Woodlands.. :D

With this logic: then lagi MUST BUY condo if want to stay in Woodlands as got 'Security Guard' in Condo.

Is that why Woodhaven's selling price shooting up up all the way and reaching $1000psf ? lol

newbie11
16-10-12, 20:54
then must buy JB la. 1 station away and you get sky88 at same price of a 3rm woodlands flat

lajia
16-10-12, 22:40
i still don't see what is our benefits...don't think this is that simple. Such project has to have mutual benefits.

Pikachu1245
16-10-12, 22:49

Well said, OCR condo owners (esp. first hand owners) in Woodlands like Casablanca, Rosewood, Rosewood Suite, La Casa oredi huat big liao lor.....

Woodlands and whole of Singapore Huat Huat Huat ah...........:D

leesg123
16-10-12, 22:52
i still don't see what is our benefits...don't think this is that simple. Such project has to have mutual benefits.the piece of land at tanjong pagar and the whole stretch of rail line is our benefit.

yaozong7
17-10-12, 11:13
i still don't see what is our benefits...don't think this is that simple. Such project has to have mutual benefits.

Benefits:
a) Cheap workers from MY to work in our SG factories lah, yet do not compete with us for living space.
b) Low value industries to relocate to Iskandar, yet convenient to control via SG HQ.

We are no longer competing with MY liao, but the world lah...... Based on such analysis, we can squeeze 7m into tiny SG liao, with 6.5m population & 500K cheap MY workers living in JB.

AK47
17-10-12, 23:56
What about this?

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Land+around+Woodlands+MRT+will+soon+be+developed+into+a+regional+centre/

irisng
18-10-12, 16:28
Move all the vice to JB also, since transportation becomes so convenient.:D

buttercarp
20-10-12, 03:38
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/10/19/nation/20121019204527&sec=nation

Published: Friday October 19, 2012 MYT 8:49:00 PM

MALACCA: A Porsche Panamera and a BMW 5 Series worth RM1.5mil were stolen from a businessman during a burglary at his home in Jalan Taman Tasik Utama, Ayer Keroh on Wednesday.
Police recovered the cars which were found abandoned in Taman Bahariah Indah, Muar, Johor on Thursday.
State CID chief ACP Raja Shahrom Raja Abdullah in the 6.30am incident, two of six masked men armed with machetes were believed to have entered the two-storey bungalow from the back door and threatened the maid who was cleaning the kitchen.
He said the businessman, in his 50s, had gone to the kitchen to investigate upon hearing a commotion and was hit by the two men on the head with a blunt object.
"They carted away jewellery, watches, handphones and purses and drove off in the two luxury cars," he told reporters here.
Police have identified four of the suspects. - Bernama

hyenergix
20-10-12, 07:13
This is in Melaka right? Just don't flash your wealth overseas.

Always buy gated & guarded landed properties in Malaysia as an additional layer of security. Such landed units are selling very hot in Nusajaya now.

lifeline
20-10-12, 07:16
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/10/19/nation/20121019204527&sec=nation

Published: Friday October 19, 2012 MYT 8:49:00 PM

MALACCA: A Porsche Panamera and a BMW 5 Series worth RM1.5mil were stolen from a businessman during a burglary at his home in Jalan Taman Tasik Utama, Ayer Keroh on Wednesday.
Police recovered the cars which were found abandoned in Taman Bahariah Indah, Muar, Johor on Thursday.
State CID chief ACP Raja Shahrom Raja Abdullah in the 6.30am incident, two of six masked men armed with machetes were believed to have entered the two-storey bungalow from the back door and threatened the maid who was cleaning the kitchen.
He said the businessman, in his 50s, had gone to the kitchen to investigate upon hearing a commotion and was hit by the two men on the head with a blunt object.
"They carted away jewellery, watches, handphones and purses and drove off in the two luxury cars," he told reporters here.
Police have identified four of the suspects. - Bernama

wah!!!
& buttercup, surfing the forum at 4am! :D

solsys
20-10-12, 14:15
Malaysia still not safe.....

dtrax
20-10-12, 14:17
Malaysia still not safe.....

What's safe when my relative in MY can also tio rob in broad daylight in KL during red traffic light. Smashed the car window right in front of her and stole the bag in the car :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

DC33_2008
20-10-12, 14:44
Are they coming to Singapore via future mrt train? People staying around the republic stn will be very worried as they can hop out of train and hop back after their business! :doh:
What's safe when my relative in MY can also tio rob in broad daylight in KL during red traffic light. Smashed the car window right in front of her and stole the bag in the car :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

hyenergix
20-10-12, 22:13
Are they coming to Singapore via future mrt train? People staying around the republic stn will be very worried as they can hop out of train and hop back after their business! :doh:

Robbers from overseas are already in our midst, not necessary from JB, just waiting for right opportunity to strike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6ich4cmxFE

DC33_2008
21-10-12, 09:49
There will be a few news release on temasek investment in iskandar region in the next couple of months. Good for you.
Robbers from overseas are already in our midst, not necessary from JB, just waiting for right opportunity to strike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6ich4cmxFE

hyenergix
21-10-12, 10:54
I suppose u invested there also. Good for u too.

Rysk
21-10-12, 11:44

Most of my relative & frens in M'sia kena rob before.. some incident quite serious.. so advice me dun itchy backside go stay Johor for nothing..

If you just buy for investment.. later you go back see your landed home.. you will be surprise..

If you buy & stay there.. you also jialet.. :scared-5:

irisng
21-10-12, 13:31
Most of my relative & frens in M'sia kena rob before.. some incident quite serious.. so advice me dun itchy backside go stay Johor for nothing..

If you just buy for investment.. later you go back see your landed home.. you will be surprise..

My sister-in-law went to JB with her husband in a bike. They were sitting on the bike driving slowly looking at the surrounding shops on the roadside. A motorist drove passed and snatched my sister-in-law sling bag, pulling both of them out of the bike. Luckily, they were not seriously injured.

My son's friend lost his car while shopping in JB.

minority
21-10-12, 23:00
See this news:

Woodlands residents huat liao!

Great! all the crime in JB can take MRT over to sgp liao!

dtrax
22-10-12, 02:25

The worse is that my relatives are Malaysians. Even own pple also can target broad day light.. this is really WFWT (wu fa wu tian)

DC33_2008
22-10-12, 09:47
Robbers will not ask before they rob. Better dress down like a pauper in Malaysia.
The worse is that my relatives are Malaysians. Even own pple also can target broad day light.. this is really WFWT (wu fa wu tian)

yaozong7
22-10-12, 10:56
Yup.....stay in SG better. Convenient, safe and cosy. Why need to venture out? Alvin Tan is stupid to think otherwise.

dtrax
22-10-12, 13:46
Robbers will not ask before they rob. Better dress down like a pauper in Malaysia.

Not rich, bag is just a coach brand that was stolen. Dress style is like normal u n me. Car not super exp. This happens for major cities in malaysia... I would say the kampung style places are more people friendly and safer to walk in the streets than in places like KL n JB

hyenergix
23-10-12, 21:13
There will be a few news release on temasek investment in iskandar region in the next couple of months. Good for you.

You seem to have pretty accurate news. Another GLC in Nusajaya:
http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v6/newsbusiness.php?id=704317

I don't think a Singapore GLC can just invest in a large tech park in Johor without both sides agreeing to something. A tacit acknowledgement by Singapore government that Iskandar is moving fast ahead.

DC33_2008
24-10-12, 21:26
Singapore's garment is really serious this time round on investment in JB. Lots of operation will be moving to Nusajaya. Heard from an agent marketing Encorp Marina at Puteri Harbour is over-subscribed as they have collected more cheques than the no. of units on offer. Balloting is this weekend.

I don't think a Singapore GLC can just invest in a large tech park in Johor without both sides agreeing to something. A tacit acknowledgement by Singapore government that Iskandar is moving fast ahead.

hyenergix
24-10-12, 23:49
Singapore's garment is really serious this time round on investment in JB. Lots of operation will be moving to Nusajaya. Heard from an agent marketing Encorp Marina at Puteri Harbour is over-subscribed as they have collected more cheques than the no. of units on offer. Balloting is this weekend.

More shops are opening in Bukit Indah/Nusa Bestari, and restaurant prices are starting to rise there, signs that more people are going there. My JB lawyer also confirmed that she was handling many new purchases from Singaporeans/SPRs. In line with my projection so far.

hyenergix
26-10-12, 06:33

Sorry, I can't help it: this is a very high level deal. I was right, handshake photo is in the link :D

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/20121024013524/Article/index_html

This is my another guess -> I suppose Singapore has given up on China industrial parks already.

carbuncle
26-10-12, 08:54
Dunno if anyone realised... Iskandar is turning into SG 2.0, so we actually no need reclaim any more.

DC33_2008
26-10-12, 09:05
Why reclaim when FH land can be bought and go into operation faster with cheaper material and labour costs. Japanese already moving in.
Dunno if anyone realised... Iskandar is turning into SG 2.0, so we actually no need reclaim any more.

phantom_opera
26-10-12, 10:34
Inevitable, SMEs can't survive in sg looking at the trend of spass and ep tightening, it is like hk zhuhai or sz

Next time avg joe must go hospital and dentist in Jb, sg for rich ppl only