PDA

View Full Version : Buying Attitude Index

richwang
14-10-12, 09:58
In US, there is a Buying Attitude Index.

Is there such an index in Singapore?

Thanks,
Richard

carbuncle
14-10-12, 10:00
Yes. Its just one rating - CHEONG AH!!!!!!!!!!

richwang
14-10-12, 10:01
ok, got your vote.
Let's see what others say ...

Thanks,
Richard

roly8
14-10-12, 10:05
the property price in SG still not high enough meh?

DKSG
14-10-12, 10:23
Now is certainly a good time to buy.
Prices has stablised over the past many quarters.

Sellers are more acceptable to last done prices.

Unless you feel that prices will crash in the next 12 months, otherwise, the tsunami of USD is going to come onto our shores very soon (MAS probably saw some of the first $40B making their way here).

If you want cheongster-style profits, look into commercial/retail properties.
Thats where the cheaongster-style will take place in the next 2-3 years.

DKSG

carbuncle
14-10-12, 10:28
ok, got your vote.
Let's see what others say ...

Thanks,
Richard

I actually voted BAD.

The true boats of profit has long sailed past.

Buy now only for own stay. (first house, 80% loan etc)

For investment (40-60% loan), scrape the peanut shells left ba.

richwang
14-10-12, 10:57
It is interesting that when one really needs to vote, his/her view can be different from the words are saying.

Thanks,
Richard

buttercarp
14-10-12, 10:58
I voted not sure.

Buy for own stay - yes.

Buy for investment - yes: only if you are cash rich and comfortable with good holding power, no: if you are cash strapped and have to borrow to the hilt.

richwang
14-10-12, 11:05
Thanks!

The index calculation is very simple.
Bull - Bear.
For example, right now:

25% - 12.5% = 12.5%

Even if you vote "Not Sure", it will impact the index calculation.
That's the beauty of democracy.
If you don't vote at all, you will have no impact to the index.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. We definitely need larger samples to make the index meaningful.

richwang
14-10-12, 11:09
As I am typing, another person voted "Not Sure".

So the new index is:

22.2% - 11.1% = 11.1%

See, every vote counts!

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
14-10-12, 11:27
A single bullish vote has changed the index from 11% to 20%.
It is now:

30% - 10% = 20%

So we need to be very careful when interpreting the numbers.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. Every person's name is displayed, so I trust people will vote responsibly.

Laguna
14-10-12, 11:29
A single bullish vote has changed the index from 11% to 20%.
It is now:

30% - 10% = 20%

So we need to be very careful when interpreting the numbers.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. Every person's name is displayed, so I trust people will vote responsibly.

hahah, I am so heavy weight and swing the vote.....

richwang
14-10-12, 11:33
Another bullish vote has changed the index from 20 to 27. So this time a single vote has contributed only 7 points rather than 9 points previously.

36 - 9 = 27

The more people vote, the better the index will become.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
14-10-12, 11:38
A single bear vote has changed the index to:

33 - 17 = 16

Please vote honestly as we might do this again in the next quarter.
People can see whether you are changing your mind like crazy.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. I've noticed the rounding error, it should be 17, but who cares with such swing.

richwang
14-10-12, 11:42
Another bull vote has changed the index to:

38 - 15 = 23

If we are going to do this again next quarter, I will not be tracking the process so closely.

I will just let it open for a couple of days and come to see the results.

Thanks,
Richard

Super
14-10-12, 13:26
Own stay is a definite yes.

Investment will depends on so many things.

So I voted no sure. :o

DKSG
14-10-12, 14:08
I think you shld make it clear that if you dont buy properties and leave the money in the bank account - does it make sense ?

I think everyone knows that property prices is NOT going to go up by 100% in next 5 years ... but the slow and steady appreciation (with the help of our government) is making this a very good investment class.

So, before the next CM comes and cripple your buying potential, better think hard.

DKSG

lifeline
14-10-12, 14:23
Voted yes on behalf of 3 friends who just bought - 2 bought 1 day after cm, and 1 bought 2 days ago. Another 1 may go in next few days.

I think it depends on the objective and location.

sh
14-10-12, 14:27
Now is as good a time as any....

what has changed from the last 3 years.... nothing.... interest is still low, QEs are flushing the system with cash, rentals are ok, prices are creeping up slow but steady....

so if 3 years ago is good for buying... so is now.... if you still got the buying power after the CMs....:tongue3:

carbuncle
14-10-12, 14:41
I think TS meant to say

SENTIMENT
rather than
ATTITUDE

solsys
14-10-12, 15:24
Consolidation mode now, one more surge in next two - three years before party is over.

Then again, government also quite smart, because they timed the completion of alot of infrastructure projects, i.e. NSE, TSL, DTL around Year 2018 to stabilize prices down the road if dip occurs.

samuelk
14-10-12, 17:18
I voted bad

upside potential limited as heavily tax by YKW.

own style then LL yes. Die de must have a roof. It seems to need another big push to get the prices to move upwards. Else it should deviate 1%. But that's just my view.

richwang
14-10-12, 17:20
I think TS meant to say

SENTIMENT
rather than
ATTITUDE

Well, the US Index is indeed called "Buying Attitude Index".

English is not my native language, so I start to think why they use Attitude instead of Sentiment. My guess is:
Sentiment is kind of thinking or dreaming,
Attitude is what you actually do.

Give you an example, someone said Singapore property will just go UP UP UP. That's sentiment.
But when you ask him/her to put down the money NOW on property, he/she suddenly said, no, bad time.

So I prefer "Buying Attitude Index".

Anyway, it is now:

39 - 26 = 13.

Thanks a lot for all who have voted.
Richard

carbuncle
14-10-12, 17:23
Well, the US Index is indeed called "Buying Attitude Index".

English is not my native language, so I start to think why they use Attitude instead of Sentiment. My guess is:
Sentiment is kind of thinking or dreaming,
Attitude is what you actually do.

Give you an example, someone said Singapore property will just go UP UP UP. That's sentiment.
But when you ask him/her to put down the money NOW on property, he/she suddenly said, no, bad time.

So I prefer "Buying Attitude Index".

Anyway, it is now:

39 - 26 = 13.

Thanks a lot for all who have voted.
Richard

你好坏喲!几酸一下。。。

richwang
14-10-12, 17:37
Another bull vote has changed the index to

41 - 25 = 16

This is just a 3 points swing.

So the index is getting better now.

Great Team Work:
It doesn't matter whether you are bull, bear or side line,
as long as you are real.

Thanks,
Richard

new2mondrian
14-10-12, 17:42
Have been stocking up dry powder for the past two years. Maybe when the bears start dumping their CCR ones, I'd go and get one that is at least 1200sqft. :)

richwang
14-10-12, 17:58
New reading:

44 - 24 = 20

Thanks,
Richard
PS. Somehow I feel the next inflation could come from Wage. So getting a job (in particular in health care) is indeed a brilliant idea.

3C
14-10-12, 18:55
Voted not sure.

Interestingly many quoted QE3 as the reason for buying.

Actually this money is flooding the bank and not our commoners' pockets.

Yup, investor may want to park their money in properties and interest is super low indeed

The questions are:

1) What happen if the west economy picked up and suddenly withdraw their funds. Interest will shoot up.

2) What if the east giant & the rest get tired of continue supporting US bonds buying and the $US free fall.

High inflation does not mean many can afford to buy big tickets item, instead they will think of filling the stomach first. You can shout for $500K COV but who cares. So be cautious:D

DKSG
14-10-12, 22:38
Voted not sure.

Interestingly many quoted QE3 as the reason for buying.

Actually this money is flooding the bank and not our commoners' pockets.

Yup, investor may want to park their money in properties and interest is super low indeed

The questions are:

1) What happen if the west economy picked up and suddenly withdraw their funds. Interest will shoot up.

2) What if the east giant & the rest get tired of continue supporting US bonds buying and the $US free fall.

High inflation does not mean many can afford to buy big tickets item, instead they will think of filling the stomach first. You can shout for $500K COV but who cares. So be cautious:D

Strange that people still dont understand the impact of QEs.

With the interest loans gushing onto our shores, money will be chasing assets. Think you never heard of foreigners collaborating with their local friends to buy properties like nobody's business?

If the bank give u interest free loans now, what will you do ? Keep the money in the bank and earning 0.1% pa ? nononono!

Someone will scream ice-cream or gelato!

This is what is going to happen soon in our property market (I dont mean the screaming part).

MAS clearly sees this and quickly lowered the LTV for companies to 40%.

Apparently the 10% ABSD is slowly losing its effect because it is known that in a few years time, our property market (together with currency) will appreciate by 10%. OR the foreign investor's currency may drop more than 10%.

*sigh ... talk so much also dont know people understand or not ... better stop here ...

DKSG

DC33_2008
15-10-12, 09:23
I am equally puzzled. :confused:
Strange that people still dont understand the impact of QEs.

With the interest loans gushing onto our shores, money will be chasing assets. Think you never heard of foreigners collaborating with their local friends to buy properties like nobody's business?

If the bank give u interest free loans now, what will you do ? Keep the money in the bank and earning 0.1% pa ? nononono!

Someone will scream ice-cream or gelato!

This is what is going to happen soon in our property market (I dont mean the screaming part).

MAS clearly sees this and quickly lowered the LTV for companies to 40%.

Apparently the 10% ABSD is slowly losing its effect because it is known that in a few years time, our property market (together with currency) will appreciate by 10%. OR the foreign investor's currency may drop more than 10%.

*sigh ... talk so much also dont know people understand or not ... better stop here ...

DKSG

chestnut
15-10-12, 10:17
I am equally puzzled. :confused:

Bottomline, those with knowledge will have an advantage. Those with knowledge + money will have a huge advantage.

Laguna
15-10-12, 10:44
Bottomline, those with knowledge will have an advantage. Those with knowledge + money will have a huge advantage.

to add :
wisdom is more important than knowledge...and courage to move make the final call

chestnut
15-10-12, 10:55
to add :
wisdom is more important than knowledge...and courage to move make the final call

Honestly, only when you are in your 2nd property onwards, you have experience and you know what to do, then the next few becomes easier.

Taking the first step in your second property is the toughest - thats for me at least.

I agree w your statement. But put this 2 disclaimers :
1. You need knowledge, then comes wisdom.
2. Even if you have wisdom but you dont have money, how to go in???

And I am talking about property investments. This is 1 of the toughest as you need lots of money, unlike other investments.

Being the toughest, it can also be extremely rewarding or disastrous. A lot of timing required.

Laguna
15-10-12, 10:58
Honestly, only when you are in your 2nd property onwards, you have experience and you know what to do, then the next few becomes easier.

Taking the first step in your second property is the toughest - thats for me at least.

I agree w your statement. But put this 2 disclaimers :
1. You need knowledge, then comes wisdom.
2. Even if you have wisdom but you dont have money, how to go in???

And I am talking about property investments. This is 1 of the toughest as you need lots of money, unlike other investments.

Being the toughest, it can also be extremely rewarding or disastrous. A lot of timing required.

ya, fully agreed, I build on your statement...so MONEY is still the base.

ALL my friends know that I LOVE VIT M

zeamybro
15-10-12, 11:04
Wisdom but if without Compassion, is just like a crippled bird with only one wing, cant fly high. Need both to have a balanced life =)

chestnut
15-10-12, 11:11
Wisdom but if without Compassion, is just like a crippled bird with only one wing, cant fly high. Need both to have a balanced life =)
Bro, to me COMPASSION is a given. I believe if you treat people well, good deeds will befall on you. I really feel, todays society, people tend to be self centered and dont give 2 hoot about others. It has a lot to do with technology. People hide behind their computers, smart phones and tablets and "talk" to each other. Based on that, they start lacking EQ and thats the scary part.
I am no saint, but w/o compassion, what makes us diff from other animals.

Oops, time to keep quiet.:ashamed1:

Disclaimer : I am not targetting any individual. I am just speaking my own opinion.

zeamybro
15-10-12, 11:17
Bro, to me COMPASSION is a given. I believe if you treat people well, good deeds will befall on you. I really feel, todays society, people tend to be self centered and dont give 2 hoot about others. It has a lot to do with technology. People hide behind their computers, smart phones and tablets and "talk" to each other. Based on that, they start lacking EQ and thats the scary part.
I am no saint, but w/o compassion, what makes us diff from other animals.

Oops, time to keep quiet.:ashamed1:

Bro Chestnut, your last post itself already shows you are someone filled with compassion.

In fact, I believe there are several compassionate ppl in this forum as well. Few mths ago when I posted here that both my tenants ex the dip clause and left me with 2 empty condos which i hv problems renting out, i got PMs from forummers here giving me encouragements, advice and offering help (you know who you are). I am truely grateful =)

richwang
15-10-12, 21:34
44 - 25 = 19

richwang
15-10-12, 21:38
Bro Chestnut, your last post itself already shows you are someone filled with compassion.

In fact, I believe there are several compassionate ppl in this forum as well. Few mths ago when I posted here that both my tenants ex the dip clause and left me with 2 empty condos which i hv problems renting out, i got PMs from forummers here giving me encouragements, advice and offering help (you know who you are). I am truely grateful =)

buttercarp (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=116557)?

richwang
15-10-12, 21:40
The index can range from -100 to 100.
We are around 20, so modestly bullish.

Thanks,
Richard

Leeds
16-10-12, 10:14
Good effort to come up with such an index. This survey is more fun than informative because the sample size besides being too small also consists of people who might have recently invested in properties. This group of people are not likely to vote against buying now. They are likely to vote for or not sure. If we could have a sample of people who have not committed to property investment over the last two years, their responses could be more informative.

buttercarp
16-10-12, 11:04
Good effort to come up with such an index. This survey is more fun than informative because the sample size besides being too small also consists of people who might have recently invested in properties. This group of people are not likely to vote against buying now. They are likely to vote for or not sure. If we could have a sample of people who have not committed to property investment over the last two years, their responses could be more informative.

LOL.......
Mabbe we print questionaire and go to the heartlands to interview the uncles and aunties there?

cnud
16-10-12, 11:16

Haha.. those who have not bought want to see price increase? They sick in their mind or what?

Leeds
16-10-12, 11:26
LOL.......
Mabbe we print questionaire and go to the heartlands to interview the uncles and aunties there?

Ya! But will need to filter out those who have no plan to buy since their vote would be likely to be not sure or not now. Also need to filter out those who had bought recently. The more informative group would be those who are plannng to buy. To do a proper survey is very costly. That is why even media reporters use convenience samples. Their findings are always biais.

cnud
16-10-12, 11:29
Ya! But will need to filter out those who have no plan to buy since their vote would be likely to be not sure or not now. Also need to filter out those who had bought recently. The more informative group would be the one who are plannng to buy. To do a proper survey is very costly. That is why even media reporters use convinence samples. Their findings are always biais.

ok... What I'm driving is that those who bought would want price to stabilise or grow. Those who did not buy would want price to come down.

So think... in SG, more people have or more people don't have?... then the answer becomes clearer...

buttercarp
16-10-12, 11:31
ok... What I'm driving is that those who bought would want price to stabilise or grow. Those who did not buy would want price to come down.

So think... in SG, more people have or more people don't have?... then the answer becomes clearer...

Those who have bought but want to buy somemore, then what will they want?

I think they may want the price of houses to fall but rental to remain high.

Leeds
16-10-12, 11:32
Haha.. those who have not bought want to see price increase? They sick in their mind or what?

Not those who have not bought but those who plan to buy. Those who plan to buy could include people who have not bought and people who had bought recently.

cnud
16-10-12, 11:34
Not those who have not bought but those who plan to buy.

Yes. Those who have not bought will unlikely be interested in a CONDO forum.

cnud
16-10-12, 11:36

Hmm... how to make home prices fall but rental remain high...?

Leeds
16-10-12, 11:38
Yes. Those who have not bought will unlikely be interested in a CONDO forum.

That is why this is a convenience sample.

chestnut
16-10-12, 11:44

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Sis, you damn cheem.

How many properties you have??? I really dont get it. Try telling this to Laguna and see his reply. If he/she agrees with you, I really LOST.

cnud
16-10-12, 11:47
Hmm... how to make home prices fall but rental remain high...?

Increase supply but increase demand more.

Increase GLS and increase population to 7m.

ekl2ekl2
16-10-12, 11:48

Agree that this is not truly reflective of sentiments but fun to know.
a subset analysis for those who have voted will shed more light.
Those who voted yes or No, how many are currently vested and have bought within the past 1 year. We will get some answers from there.
Go to a Bull thread, everyone will be Yes, go the Bear thread everyone will be No. Go to showflats, most will be Yes or maybe.

chestnut
16-10-12, 11:48
Increase supply but increase demand more.

Increase GLS and increase population to 7m.

So where is the equilibrium???

cnud
16-10-12, 11:50
Agree that this is not truly reflective of sentiments but fun to know.
a subset analysis for those who have voted will shed more light.
Those who voted yes or No, how many are currently vested and have bought within the past 1 year. We will get some answers from there.
Go to a Bull thread, everyone will be Yes, go the Bear thread everyone will be No. Go to showflats, most will be Yes or maybe.

See transaction volume also will give clue. More potential buyers become owners. Then the expectation/pressure for price growth will increase.

If volume thins, and GLS still pushed out. Then price correction is imminent.

cnud
16-10-12, 11:52
So where is the equilibrium???

When price stabilise. When... I don't know.

chestnut
16-10-12, 11:58
When price stabilise. When... I don't know.

Sorry bro, this is a big paradigm shift for me.

I only know if prices drop and rental up, everyone will want to go in as it becomes good investment. So this topic too cheem. If really prices drop and rental high, many investors will go in and prices will go up. Period.

So I really do not understand the theory:confused::confused::confused:

buttercarp
16-10-12, 12:01
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Sis, you damn cheem.

How many properties you have??? I really dont get it. Try telling this to Laguna and see his reply. If he/she agrees with you, I really LOST.

LOL.....
If you got good holding power (eg if you plan to hold for 10 years) and you want to buy somemore, won't you want the prices to soften so that you can buy a few more.
Then of course hope that rental remains high to finance your mortgage.
So after 10 years, it is likely that the prices will appreciate as a new price level is likely to be set. Then you can sell a few and enjoy the reward, or buy somemore! So the vicious cycle goes on............

blackapple
16-10-12, 12:08

I hope the properties price will drop or stabilise, so that I can gather more bullets to buy 1 more.. :p :p

chestnut
16-10-12, 12:09
LOL.....
If you got good holding power (eg if you plan to hold for 10 years) and you want to buy somemore, won't you want the prices to soften so that you can buy a few more.
Then of course hope that rental remains high to finance your mortgage.
So after 10 years, it is likely that the prices will appreciate as a new price level is likely to be set. Then you can sell a few and enjoy the reward, or buy somemore! So the vicious cycle goes on............
Buttercarp. As an investor, when you have a few, you want prices to go up, so you can sell. Then after you sell a few, you wish for the prices to drop, so you can go in and buy. In this case you make more, right??? An investor studies the market and goes in to max profit and minimise risk.

If you look at Laguna after buying his eco, check his vote on this site.

Last, when prices down, rental definitely down !!!! Think 1997, 2003.

Can you name me a year prices down and rental up??? I seriously never come across it and thats why I say it is BIG PARADIGM SHIFT for me.

One more thing sis, I am not being sarcastic in any remarks. Just that when come typing, I come straight to the point and people mistake me for being rude, sarcastic, show off, etc.... I am who I am. Very straight forward.

cnud
16-10-12, 12:16
Sorry bro, this is a big paradigm shift for me.

I only know if prices drop and rental up, everyone will want to go in as it becomes good investment. So this topic too cheem. If really prices drop and rental high, many investors will go in and prices will go up. Period.

So I really do not understand the theory:confused::confused::confused:

Assume we keep the parameter of population growth fixed, that is 6m.

When it is so hard to buy or sell a property and so much easier to rent. Rental demand will shoot up.

But the price of property need not go up simply because guvment can make it so hard to transact further helped by release of more GLS to flush the market with supply.

Make sense?

buttercarp
16-10-12, 12:17
Buttercarp. As an investor, when you have a few, you want prices to go up, so you can sell. Then after you sell a few, you wish for the prices to drop, so you can go in and buy. In this case you make more, right??? An investor studies the market and goes in to max profit and minimise risk.

If you look at Laguna after buying his eco, check his vote on this site.

Last, when prices down, rental definitely down !!!! Think 1997, 2003.

Can you name me a year prices down and rental up??? I seriously never come across it and thats why I say it is BIG PARADIGM SHIFT for me.

One more thing sis, I am not being sarcastic in any remarks. Just that when come typing, I come straight to the point and people mistake me for being rude, sarcastic, show off, etc.... I am who I am. Very straight forward.

Agree with you that up sell, down buy.
So if you are an investor who is waiting to buy now, won't you want it to come down?

No worries..... You are a gentleman :) .

cnud
16-10-12, 12:18
Another group will come into play. The agents.

When transaction volumes fall. Unemployment for agents will shoot up. So that is another headache for the policy makers.

gn108
16-10-12, 12:21
My framing on this issue is this...
1) Can prices go up enough to cover my transaction cost, with all this policy risk and added supply coming on?

2) Can my mortgage rates get lower or higher on a 20-30 year timeframe?

3) Can I find better use of my money to earn more/less risky return to beat inflation?

chestnut
16-10-12, 12:23
Agree with you that up sell, down buy.
So if you are an investor who is waiting to buy now, won't you want it to come down?

No worries..... You are a gentleman :) .

If I have say 5 units, do I want it to come down? It market comes down 10%, my 5 units will be down total 50% (assuming all same price).
So say all @ 1m. drop of 10% - I lose 500K in total to get a deal of 900K. Makes sense????

If say I have 5, and sell 3 and now have 2, I dont mind it drops 10% because I still up 10% net.

So it depends on how many and where I am today.

If I have 1 unit and I staying in it, I dont mind it drop, so I can pick up.

No 1 size fits all.

But really, the theory of price drop and rent still up is mind boggling to me. I have never encountered it. So if you have a certain theory behind it, I really dont mind listening. You may know something I have not thot about. Serious. No sarcasm intended. I am here to learn as well.

:cheers1:

chestnut
16-10-12, 12:26
Assume we keep the parameter of population growth fixed, that is 6m.

When it is so hard to buy or sell a property and so much easier to rent. Rental demand will shoot up.

But the price of property need not go up simply because guvment can make it so hard to transact further helped by release of more GLS to flush the market with supply.

Make sense?

You see, when rental high and prices drop, this renters (expats) will buy the properties and make the money. This is what happened. This expats found out they can buy the properties and pay less via mortgage then thru rent. So we have many foreigners who are working here and buying the properties instead of renting. Did you not encounter offers from your tenant to buy your premise??

gn108
16-10-12, 12:27
Good post bro...the ABSD added more complexity to this issue.
If you have multiple units, do you sell any if you think there is a 70% chance of prices going down 10%? To add back to your holdings, your leakage is an additional 3% ABSD.

If I have say 5 units, do I want it to come down? It market comes down 10%, my 5 units will be down total 50% (assuming all same price).
So say all @ 1m. drop of 10% - I lose 500K in total to get a deal of 900K. Makes sense????

If say I have 5, and sell 3 and now have 2, I dont mind it drops 10% because I still up 10% net.

So it depends on how many and where I am today.

If I have 1 unit and I staying in it, I dont mind it drop, so I can pick up.

No 1 size fits all.

But really, the theory of price drop and rent still up is mind boggling to me. I have never encountered it. So if you have a certain theory behind it, I really dont mind listening. You may know something I have not thot about. Serious. No sarcasm intended. I am here to learn as well.

chestnut
16-10-12, 12:31
Good post bro...the ABSD added more complexity to this issue.
If you have multiple units, do you sell any if you think there is a 70% chance of prices going down 10%? To add back to your holdings, your leakage is an additional 3% ABSD.

Why not? I will if I believe prices will drop. If I sell 1, I am still in the market with the other units right. So if the prices continue to shoot up, my hypothectical 4 units also up, right. If if drops, I already made from the sold unit, so I can buy right? The key is - when to buy??? Hahaha, this one, to each his own.

cnud
16-10-12, 12:36
You see, when rental high and prices drop, this renters (expats) will buy the properties and make the money. This is what happened. This expats found out they can buy the properties and pay less via mortgage then thru rent. So we have many foreigners who are working here and buying the properties instead of renting. Did you not encounter offers from your tenant to buy your premise??

But when the downpayment is 40% or more. Then they may consider many times before they commit to buy. Rather rent right?

gn108
16-10-12, 12:37
Happened to me but that was in 2009. But now less of that now I imagine.

chestnut
16-10-12, 12:40
But when the downpayment is 40% or more. Then they may consider many times before they commit to buy. Rather rent right?

If their coy can pay 4K plus for rental, guess how much their salary and determine if they have savings???? But I can tell you, my tenants have actually approach me to buy my prop and 2 of them ultimately bot on their own.

Foreigners for 1st prop not 40% down right?

chestnut
16-10-12, 12:43
Happened to me but that was in 2009. But now less of that now I imagine.
One of my Singaporean tenant after renting from me for 5 yrs, just bot a landed 99 yrs. They sold their house thinking price will drop and rented from me. They also asked me if I wanted to sell to them. My answer was a NO.

I also have another Singaporean tenant just asked me if I wanted to sell him my unit. I never gave him an answer.

OK. time for lunch.

richwang
16-10-12, 21:35
If you click on the numbers of bull, bear or side line, you can see the actual names. So we have a good transparency. I am yet to find a way to filter out any jokers.

Now the index is:

40 - 27 = 13

Maybe next month we can do this again, the more meaningful information will be the changes of the index.

Thanks,
Richard

Laguna
16-10-12, 21:37
If you click on the numbers of bull, bear or side line, you can see the actual names. So we have a good transparency. I am yet to find a way to filter out any jokers.

so many names are silent readers.

richwang
16-10-12, 21:37
in particular bears.

But thanks for voting.

Thanks,
Richard

Leeds
17-10-12, 11:55
in particular bears.

But thanks for voting.

Thanks,
Richard

The bears appear to be "silenced" by the more vocal bulls. This seems to be the case here. Hope you could improve on your index. Good effort!

Secretariat
17-10-12, 12:10
If their coy can pay 4K plus for rental, guess how much their salary and determine if they have savings???? But I can tell you, my tenants have actually approach me to buy my prop and 2 of them ultimately bot on their own.

Foreigners for 1st prop not 40% down right?

CMs do not apply to FTs from some countries...:doh:

chestnut
17-10-12, 13:27
CMs do not apply to FTs from some countries...:doh:

Yup. Tax treaty