PDA

View Full Version : I went for $1 hair cut

Laguna
12-10-12, 10:14
My hair cut used to cost me around $20. When QB came into market, cost me $10. Now I found a shop only cut for $1.00...ONE dollor.

I look around, I think budget hair-cut is the only item in the market drops price.

Everything is up, either on the expense of quantity or quality.

can u name one thing the price has dropped...
(pl don't mention about the pay cut of our miniteries)

kane
12-10-12, 10:16
Ikea cupboards. Lol.

CondoWE
12-10-12, 10:25
My hair cut used to cost me around $20. When QB came into market, cost me $10. Now I found a shop only cut for $1.00...ONE dollor.

I look around, I think budget hair-cut is the only item in the market drops price.

Need to join member? My one need to pay 16 for the membership n follow by every cut is 1 dollar on weekday n 2 dollars on weedend. Good point is you can pass around the member card to anyone who want go there to cut hair.

carbuncle
12-10-12, 10:27
ah ha! you still lose to me. mine is free.... diy with front back mirrors

Laguna
12-10-12, 10:29
Need to join member? My one need to pay 16 for the membership n follow by every cut is 1 dollar on weekday n 2 dollars on weedend. Good point is you can pass around the member card to anyone who want go there to cut hair.

ya, one card for everyone in the family
But my helper refused to go...said NOT NICE...

kane
12-10-12, 10:31
Your helper atas... heh.

phantom_opera
12-10-12, 10:33
Aiyoyo tolong tolong .... you drink one kopi in Mc Cafe already 2.70, why go for $1 hair cut? I hope this is April Fool joke.

Buy property until must cut hair for $1 ... :banghead:

Anyway long time never buy anything from BreadTalk .. now half of the bread > $2 ... :doh:

be careful of HIV

:eek:

CondoWE
12-10-12, 10:36
Aiyoyo tolong tolong .... you drink one kopi in Mc Cafe already 2.70, why go for $1 hair cut? I hope this is April Fool joke.

Anyway long time never buy anything from BreadTalk .. now half of the bread > $2 ... :doh:

be careful of HIV

All this is expenses...so reduce it to fund for real asset..hehehe..!

DC33_2008
12-10-12, 10:39
Got a friend who just want to try the $2.80 haircut but came out with one side slightly longer than the other side.

CondoWE
12-10-12, 10:40
ya, one card for everyone in the family
But my helper refused to go...said NOT NICE...
They have a few stylists, so depend your luck lor....some very nice cut leh..!

phantom_opera
12-10-12, 10:41
All this is expenses...so reduce it to fund for real asset..hehehe..!

take a look at the ILPs you buy from your old classmates, colleagues or friends

eng81157
12-10-12, 10:41
Got a friend who just want to try the $2.80 haircut but came out with one side slightly longer than the other side.

and did your friend spend another $2.80 to make out sides of equal length?

DC33_2008
12-10-12, 10:46
Went back to complete the cut and never returns.
and did your friend spend another $2.80 to make out sides of equal length?

Laguna

which branch u go?
I think u need to pay extra $5 to book the stylist u want...

Laguna

which branch u go?

CondoWE
12-10-12, 10:47
Recently pass by one hair saloon advertised 80c per cut only..so one day must go n try it....lol!

DC33_2008
12-10-12, 10:53
Ok anot. Got kutu?
Recently pass by one hair saloon advertised 80c per cut only..so one day must go n try it....lol!

CondoWE
12-10-12, 10:53
which branch u go?

I went to Jurong west branch. I never choose but somehow the one or two who i know alway cut for us when we went there.

eng81157
12-10-12, 11:01
Went back to complete the cut and never returns.

haha, total bill is $5.80, still cheaper than QB house but time spent is doubled over

why don't try those roadside, make-shift joints in geylang? :D

CondoWE
12-10-12, 11:07
Ok anot. Got kutu?
May be need to join member as well but skill still unknown la.

Rysk
12-10-12, 11:12

WOW!!
In this case, title must change to "HAIR-CUT PRICE IS COMING DOWN FAST" lor :D

azeoprop
12-10-12, 11:34
I think snip avenue not bad as well, no membership needed. But they will try to sell u their products and add ons during the hair cut like buzzing houseflies, just ignore them can liaoz. :rolleyes:

http://www.snipavenue.com/

carbuncle
12-10-12, 11:57

be careful of HIV

what's breadtalk gotta do with HIV? I only know they got branch in HV

buttercarp
12-10-12, 12:03
If $1 haircut but need to cut many times a year, then will be more expensive than mine.

I cut my hair once a year and it costs $10.

carbuncle
12-10-12, 12:17
If $1 haircut but need to cut many times a year, then will be more expensive than mine.

I cut my hair once a year and it costs $10.

sis one of those hair grow till waist or butt type?

hopeful
12-10-12, 12:17
what's breadtalk gotta do with HIV? I only know they got branch in HV

since $1 haircut, means lower class like construction workers are more likely to frequent the barbershop.

since lower class are likely less educated, they are more likely to have unprotected sex, so they are in higher risk category for HIV and other fluid transmitted diseases.

buttercarp
12-10-12, 12:27
sis one of those hair grow till waist or butt type?

LOL.....
I save on hair cut but spend alot on shampoo :o .

chestnut
12-10-12, 12:33
LOL.....
I save on hair cut but spend alot on shampoo :o .

I scan thru all the post and find your post most unbelievable. I see your pix, the hair stylist (not barber) will have difficult time to cut leh. The buttercup style damn difficult. Must engage top stylist to perform the act.

But I must say, you look good in that style.

:cheers2:

buttercarp
12-10-12, 12:48
I scan thru all the post and find your post most unbelievable. I see your pix, the hair stylist (not barber) will have difficult time to cut leh. The buttercup style damn difficult. Must engage top stylist to perform the act.

But I must say, you look good in that style.

:cheers2:

Hi bro, you so good mood today.
Is it becoz the STI is picking up today :) ?

chestnut
12-10-12, 13:07
Hi bro, you so good mood today.
Is it becoz the STI is picking up today :) ?

Sis, it is not about mood. Money does not determine my mood. Money is just an instrument which is under my control. Please do not let money run your life. But run your life with money. Understand.

In any relationship, you need to test water first to see who is sincere and who is not. So now that I have a rough guage, I respond to people who I feel like speaking to. It so happens you are 1 of them. But if you decide to unfriend me, I am fine. You will know when I am serious and when I am in a tcss mood. But trust me, I am never moody because I do not allow others to hurt me. I control my own destiny. I control my own mood. So not money, people nor any other instruments will control my mood. Having negative mood only creates toxin which will cause harm to you.
So parting words from a wise man who spoke with me :
Stress is when you do not know what is going to happen. If you already know the eventuality, you would need to accept it and there will be no more stress.
If you need me to elaborate, it will take me 2 days to come out with examples of all nature. To cut to the chase. Before receiving your kids PSLE result, you get stress. Once you receive it, you get a temporary relief. After that another stress, what school to go and can he/she get in, and it goes on and on... So we need to live with it. Wa lau, I drifted. Sorry. See you.

yowetan
12-10-12, 13:27
I have not cut my hair years ago. I am keeping a long hair.

buttercarp
12-10-12, 13:36
Then you should go to Laguna's $1 hair stylist.

Regulators
12-10-12, 14:20
long hair is high maintenance and troublesome.

Laguna
12-10-12, 14:25
long hair is high maintenance and troublesome.

spend more money on shampoo and water for long hair...perhaps look for a condo provides free shampoo and water then.

I remembered this boy, the mother spent $60 for hair cut, and then his hair was cut by the teacher before PSLE oral. And then, the mother spent another $60 to make it.

$120 for my 10 years hair cut. Perhaps, I have no more hair by then to cut.

blackjack21trader
12-10-12, 16:31
Sis, i...... take me 2 days to come out with examples of all nature. To cut to the chase. Before receiving your kids PSLE result, you get stress. Once you receive it, you get a temporary relief. After that another stress, what school to go and can he/she get in, and it goes on and on... So we need to live with it. Wa lau, I drifted. Sorry. See you.

I agree totally. Now that is what I called a handsome brother :( Now, tell me where is the $1 hair cut?

CondoWE
12-10-12, 16:37

Years ago..are you bro or sis :banghead: ?

chestnut
12-10-12, 16:37
I agree totally. Now that is what I called a handsome brother :( Now, tell me where is the $1 hair cut?

Bro, I am glad we agree to agree.

Cheers :cheers2:

minority
12-10-12, 16:45

but they will anyhow cut.. my mum went n perm her hair there complain they spoil her hair.

minority
12-10-12, 16:47

be careful of HIV

I buy Bread talk kopi voucher! get kopi at 1.2!

radha08
12-10-12, 16:53

bro if urs $1 mine only 50c...cos my patten like botak from mas...:D:D:D:D:D

chestnut
12-10-12, 17:05
bro if urs $1 mine only 50c...cos my patten like botak from mas...:D:D:D:D:D
Bro Vin Diesel, can I have your autograph. If can, I wear my t-shirt to your house, you sign on my back. Can???
;)

price
13-10-12, 10:13
Long hair can work in a bank ?

price
13-10-12, 10:15
Wah, now i know many assets rich investors here save on hair cut! I shall start doing that. I been paying $7.90 per cut.

Anyone tried JB salons?

phantom_opera
13-10-12, 10:15
yowetan is botak ??

perhaps we should organize a $1 haircut meet up with Laguna ... not so stressful ;)

price
13-10-12, 10:17
yowetan is botak ??

perhaps we should organize a $1 haircut meet up with Laguna ... not so stressful ;)

Lol. Why not snip avenue? with membership i think they charge only $0.80. Though it is recommended not to dye / perm your hair there.

Laguna
13-10-12, 10:57
yowetan is botak ??

Yowetan is long hair lah as he mentioned. As hair cut is costly.

No problem to have hair cut together...I think there will be very fun.......
u set the date/time and venue...must be the first few in the morning around 1030, else Q for at least 45 minutes in the afternoon

price
13-10-12, 11:23

u set the date/time and venue...must be the first few in the morning around 1030, else Q for at least 45 minutes in the afternoon

Where is your outlet? is it the relatively new 1 at marine parade?

irisng
13-10-12, 11:31
There is a free hair cut for all ages at Blk 41, #01-373, Telok Blangah Rise by qualified hairstylists for the month of Oct, every Tues and Fri (10.30am to 5pm) - walk in or reservation.

CondoWE
13-10-12, 13:39
Wah, now i know many assets rich investors here save on hair cut! I shall start doing that. I been paying $7.90 per cut.

Anyone tried JB salons?

haircut saving is just one of it only...:D :D :D !

CondoWE
13-10-12, 13:44

For Jurong West branch, 1st or 2nd if you go there at 9am on weekday..no need to wait to long:D.

Laguna
13-10-12, 13:46
Where is your outlet? is it the relatively new 1 at marine parade?

ya, the stylists there are of reasonable standard
not one side short and one short long standarrds
so far so good

Secretariat
13-10-12, 13:48
I heard that some outlets at Pearl Centre offer free haircuts, but must pay for Special.

Any bros tried before. :confused:

price
13-10-12, 15:19
haircut saving is just one of it only...:D :D :D !
what else? :confused:

CondoWE
13-10-12, 15:27
what else? :confused:

Drink kopi at coffee shop instead of starbuck, kopitiam, to futher saving..buy 2in1 coffee packet n make yourself..:D !

kane
13-10-12, 15:55
I heard that some outlets at Pearl Centre offer free haircuts, but must pay for Special.

Any bros tried before. :confused:

wrong forum lah, that's more for sammyboy, they probably have field reports there.

buttercarp
13-10-12, 16:42
Few months ago I was walking along orchard rd, I was approached by 2 men from a saloon who wanted to cut my hair for free. They gave me the address of the saloon n told me to go there at my own time.

carbuncle
13-10-12, 21:54
Few months ago I was walking along orchard rd, I was approached by 2 men from a saloon who wanted to cut my hair for free. They gave me the address of the saloon n told me to go there at my own time.

So fishy.

Did they state specifically which part hair?

buttercarp
13-10-12, 21:59
So fishy.

Did they state specifically which part hair?

LOL.... ya hor they never say properly.
But their body language indicated that they are genuine.