PDA

View Full Version : KLCC Properties! Super Prime of Prime in Malaysia!

leesg123
10-10-12, 18:39
Let xiao di intro you some solid projects in KL, especially the KLCC vicinity! Xiao di has been researching Malaysia props for a year. Forget about JB, KLCC is the mother of prime in Malaysia!

First, Hampshire Residences
http://www.kualalumpurproperty.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hampshire-residences.png

http://images02.olx.com.my/ui/13/68/41/f_211356741-ea5ccdcc.jpeg

Real gym:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/lkrLNF7jF4Q/0.jpg

http://pictures.my.ippstatic.com/developers/images/locationmap/640/NC855.gif
A one bedroom, 750sqft! Huge! In SG, can squeeze 3bedrooms!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCaIEPvykKE&feature=relmfu

Solid facilities:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzd3ToTTilc&feature=related

Laguna
10-10-12, 20:46
so many mega projects there
St Mary just TOPPED as well

DC33_2008
10-10-12, 20:58
There is a project partially by Capitaland.

leesg123
10-10-12, 21:27
There is a project partially by Capitaland.
Not bad, u know some stuff hor! The pricing is reasonable, about RM1000psf. Way better deal than JB.

Another tips for u all, NEVER EVER BUY Malaysia properties launched in Singapore. Go buy there direct, cos pricing here is super marked up by 20%

leesg123
10-10-12, 21:28
Lol here got many mini projects...

propertychap
10-10-12, 23:52
what about suasana bukit ceylon?

leesg123
11-10-12, 00:28
That is near the bukit bintang vicinity. Price is reasonable. if interested, should go there explore. Remember, u will be renting this out to expat, if u find the place convenient, got ammenities, safe etc, then wil be easy to rent.

hopeful
11-10-12, 00:42
buy KLCC properties can get net positive cash flow if take Malaysian mortgage?

fiat500
11-10-12, 06:11
buy KLCC properties can get net positive cash flow if take Malaysian mortgage?
interest rate quite high there,about 4.2%..
for singkies,max loan duration is 30years till maximum age of 70 @ 85% of bank's valuation price..
many other nice projects in klcc area which are popular with expats..eg: marc residence,hampshire place,panorama (UOL developer)..
prices for 1 n 2 bedders are ranging from rm1000psf - rm1500psf..:cheers5:

leesg123
11-10-12, 07:27
buy KLCC properties can get net positive cash flow if take Malaysian mortgage?Can, even though the interest rate is higher at about 4.2%, the appreciation of S$ over the similar period should cover the bulk of it such that the net interest rate is about 1.x%

Just look at their 3mth FD, 3%! the gap between FD and mortgage interest rate gives u an idea of the actual loan interest rate.

leesg123
11-10-12, 07:29
interest rate quite high there,about 4.2%..
for singkies,max loan duration is 30years till maximum age of 70 @ 85% of bank's valuation price..
many other nice projects in klcc area which are popular with expats..eg: marc residence,hampshire place,panorama (UOL developer)..
prices for 1 n 2 bedders are ranging from rm1000psf - rm1500psf..:cheers5:Yup, and their 1 bedder is huge by singapore standard! But need to be there to select properly, cos some are near to rows of pubs, some are mixed residential and office use like Hampshire Place.

supermax
11-10-12, 08:04

Its opposite my office.Location is good,but the entrance to the condo is sucks.The road is narrow,its not accessible every Friday as the mobile hawkers do business there,approved by district council.Avoid if u can.

supermax
11-10-12, 08:39

I wont touch that location.Walking distance to shopping mall is far by Malaysian standard.Quite over built around the hill slope,something like Mount Sophia in SG.

leesg123
11-10-12, 08:46
Its opposite my office.Location is good,but the entrance to the condo is sucks.The road is narrow,its not accessible every Friday as the mobile hawkers do business there,approved by district council.Avoid if u can.
This St Mary was marked up alot when launched in sg.

Lovelle
11-10-12, 09:41
is there a website to check their transaction like ura ?

leesg123
11-10-12, 10:48
is there a website to check their transaction like ura ?
Not tat i know of. Closest is propwall. U may wanna check iproperty.com.my for a feel.

Lovelle
11-10-12, 10:54
In a reaction to public grumbling over fast-rising house prices, Najib said the government will raise the property gains tax by 5 percent to curb speculation. He said 1.9 billion ringgit ($620 million) has also been allocated to build 123,000 affordable homes next year.

BEWARE !!!!!

auroraborealis
11-10-12, 11:29
But the legal system not very steady there... Very high risk to Singaporeans

fiat500
11-10-12, 12:23
In a reaction to public grumbling over fast-rising house prices, Najib said the government will raise the property gains tax by 5 percent to curb speculation. He said 1.9 billion ringgit ($620 million) has also been allocated to build 123,000 affordable homes next year.

BEWARE !!!!!
Nothing beats our ASSD system here in SG...
Capital gain tax is still very much acceptable as it's still a profit afterall..
Good thing i heard about the capital gain tax system is that u can offset it with agent's com. n household furnishings (must produce receipts).

fiat500
11-10-12, 12:33
Can u enlightened us what are the high risks for Singaporeans?
Does it mean those who bought in horizon hills,setia88 etc. are all unsafe due to the unsteady legal system?
Please share your thoughts.

leesg123
11-10-12, 12:39
sg also got cases of lawyers running away with clients money mah. Everywhere sama sama one. In Msia, get a reputable law firm to represent you when buying from open market. Dont save on that.

leesg123
11-10-12, 13:08

BEWARE !!!!!alemak... affordable homes is for the low income lah. the properties we are looking at is the singapore equivalent of Ardmore Park, Sentosa Cove, St Regis standard which dont give a damn about how many hdb flats are being built.

auroraborealis
11-10-12, 13:16
Some ppl who bot landed dun even get title deeds after 20yrs... But this was in other parts of Malaysia (not KL). If merely wait 20yrs but can get still not so big problem. Issue is... After waiting for 20yrs, law changed!!! Become cannot get title deed forever... Heard this case from a conveyancing lawyer.

Personally if I shudder at the thought of investing in the neighboring country... Duno when or if possible of "CLOB-repeat" event; event risk very high

Can u enlightened us what are the high risks for Singaporeans?
Does it mean those who bought in horizon hills,setia88 etc. are all unsafe due to the unsteady legal system?
Please share your thoughts.

leesg123
11-10-12, 13:20
Some ppl who bot landed dun even get title deeds after 20yrs... But this was in other parts of Malaysia (not KL). If merely wait 20yrs but can get still not so big problem. Issue is... After waiting for 20yrs, law changed!!! Become cannot get title deed forever... Heard this case from a conveyancing lawyer.

Personally if I shudder at the thought of investing in the neighboring country... Duno when or if possible of "CLOB-repeat" event; event risk very highMalaysia is big, anything also boleh one. so got to go in with eye big big, and get a good legal firm.

hopeful
11-10-12, 13:23
Better take loan in Ringgit, cos s$ will appreciate against RM. The appreciation can cover most of the interest rate.

leesg, you posted this in another thread.

i dont quite understand the statements.

what has S$ appreciate against RM has anything to do with mortgage repayment? Since rental in RM is supposed to cover the mortgage repayment in RM.

if S$ appreciate, then my net cash flow in S$ will be smaller. Since I am staying in Singapore and spending S$, then S$ appreciation is bad for my passive income.
and if I sell the Malaysia property, my returns in S$ will also be smaller.

fiat500
11-10-12, 13:36

what has S$ appreciate against RM has anything to do with mortgage repayment? Since rental in RM is supposed to cover the mortgage repayment in RM.

if S$ appreciate, then my net cash flow in S$ will be smaller. Since I am staying in Singapore and spending S$, then S$ appreciation is bad for my passive income.
Yes,after buying Malaysian properties,u only hope that the SGD will not strengthen against the RM....
Another way is open an a/c there n leave your $ there after selling your property n spend It there..

fiat500
11-10-12, 13:39

Personally if I shudder at the thought of investing in the neighboring country... Duno when or if possible of "CLOB-repeat" event; event risk very high
CLOB issue was not Malaysia's fault fyi..
It was our own greediness in the 1st place.

Lovelle
11-10-12, 14:27
Nothing beats our ASSD system here in SG...
Capital gain tax is still very much acceptable as it's still a profit afterall..
Good thing i heard about the capital gain tax system is that u can offset it with agent's com. n household furnishings (must produce receipts).

but heard it's a progressive tax for eg. 15% for 1st 2 yrs then 5% on 3rd yr..

leesg123
11-10-12, 16:35

Aiyah, complicated to explain lah coa i dont have degree.

Anyway cos i borrow in msia bank using ringgit, the rental will cover it. If i take loan in sg then the rental money collected will need to be convert to s$, if s$ appreciate, jia lat.

So i loan msia lor. I am counting on capital appreciation cum holiday home cum retirement home cum a place to cum when retire lor.

fiat500
11-10-12, 19:01
Aiyah, complicated to explain lah coa i dont have degree.

Anyway cos i borrow in msia bank using ringgit, the rental will cover it. If i take loan in sg then the rental money collected will need to be convert to s$, if s$ appreciate, jia lat.

So i loan msia lor. I am counting on capital appreciation cum holiday home cum retirement home cum a place to cum when retire lor.
So u bought Hampshire residence 1 or 2 bedder?
What's the rental u getting?

DC33_2008
11-10-12, 21:59
Heard that rental yield is not that high in KL and risk is quite high. Tenant just take everything with them after arrears of rent.

fiat500
11-10-12, 22:22
Heard that rental yield is not that high in KL and risk is quite high. Tenant just take everything with them after arrears of rent.
is it? thats frightening :scared-3:

leesg123
11-10-12, 22:28
That is y when invest overseas, cannot chapskate. Get a good property manager to manage,cost about 8%of the rent. They will make sure rents are paid and not dip into rentals paid in advance. Any rent not bad they will cut the water supply and padlock. Confiscate the advance rental too from the tenant. They will be ur eyes and heara, tell u where need repair, repaint, touch up etc.

leesg123
11-10-12, 22:30
Gross yield so so about 4.8% for a one bedder. As said, it is for strategic diversification purpose.

hyenergix
11-10-12, 22:35
Singapore is hitting physical limits. JB which is next to Singapore is a safer place to park your cash compare to KL.

DC33_2008
11-10-12, 22:37
How to get 8% yield when you have property manager?
That is y when invest overseas, cannot chapskate. Get a good property manager to manage,cost about 8%of the rent. They will make sure rents are paid and not dip into rentals paid in advance. Any rent not bad they will cut the water supply and padlock. Confiscate the advance rental too from the tenant. They will be ur eyes and heara, tell u where need repair, repaint, touch up etc.

leesg123
11-10-12, 22:47
Singapore is hitting physical limits. JB which is next to Singapore is a safer place to park your cash compare to KL.
Nah, u should go there frequently see for yourself. Jb properties are con job to con sg.

Jb got lrt, monorail, twin tower, mncs offices, genting, bt bintang shoppibg stretch, international airport etc etc? tats y i say klcc area, not KL in general.

leesg123
11-10-12, 22:48
How to get 8% yield when you have property manager?
Ah bang, 8% is the fee for managing the properties lah. 8% of the monthly rent. Say rent rm3000, the fee is rm240 deh Ah Bang.

fiat500
11-10-12, 22:54

any reasons to substantiate why parking your cash in JB is safer than KL?:D

hyenergix
11-10-12, 23:30
any reasons to substantiate why parking your cash in JB is safer than KL?:D

JB is more accessible to Singaporeans in terms of proximity and cost, and is a suburb to Singapore city. i.e. I regard most part of Singapore as city center, simply because it has expanded if you have not noticed, and will continue to expand with a target of 6 mil in a few years' time. The phenomenal rise of OCR psf and government investments in OCR are the best evidences. KL cannot match Singapore in terms of governance, finance institutions, education etc. Simply no match. JB will benefit from the spill-over.

hyenergix
11-10-12, 23:34
Nah, u should go there frequently see for yourself. Jb properties are con job to con sg.

Jb got lrt, monorail, twin tower, mncs offices, genting, bt bintang shoppibg stretch, international airport etc etc? tats y i say klcc area, not KL in general.

Many Singapore PRs from Malaysia are buying into JB because they are staying in Singapore. Proximity/accessibility is the key. Higher car and petrol prices over the next few years will deter long distance journey by car.

hopeful
11-10-12, 23:35
dear leesg,
i am trying to figure out.

you are saying gross yield about 4.8%.
mortgage rates 4.x%
FD rates 3.x%.

without FD rates, is it definite that there will be negative cash flow each month and we have to top up every month?

if we put money in FD or in interest offset loans, there is likelihood of positive cash flow each month?.

So my thoughts as follows:
Scenario A
i change RM200k to buy a RM1mil property.
my risk is RM200k.
every month, i have to top up since negative cash flow, which means, my yield on cash invested is getting lower each month.

Scenario B
now i change to RM1mil to buy a RM1mil property, with 200k for downpayment and 800k for FD for interest offset.
so each month, i am getting positive cash flow.
and just for that positive cash flow, i have to put the equivalent SGD worth RM1million at risk? and with that huge amount of capital invested, my yield on cash invested will be pretty low.

and since you mention before that SGD is appreciating against the RM, that means my returns from Malaysia will become smaller if converted to SGD.

let's reverse the perspective.
Malaysian buying Singapore property.
even if take loan, there will be positive cash flow each month. no need for interest offset, no need to top up each month.
SGD appreciating, if convert to RM, Malaysian would get more RM.

It makes more sense for Malaysian to invest in Singapore property rather than Singaporean to invest in Malaysia property.

leesg123
12-10-12, 00:23
dear leesg,

mortgage rates 4.x%
FD rates 3.x%.

without FD rates, is it definite that there will be negative cash flow each month and we have to top up every month?

if we put money in FD or in interest offset loans, there is likelihood of positive cash flow each month?.

Scenario A
my risk is RM200k.
every month, i have to top up since negative cash flow, which means, my yield on cash invested is getting lower each month.

Scenario B
now i change to RM1mil to buy a RM1mil property, with 200k for downpayment and 800k for FD for interest offset.
and just for that positive cash flow, i have to put the equivalent SGD worth RM1million at risk? and with that huge amount of capital invested, my yield on cash invested will be pretty low.

and since you mention before that SGD is appreciating against the RM, that means my returns from Malaysia will become smaller if converted to SGD.

even if take loan, there will be positive cash flow each month. no need for interest offset, no need to top up each month.

It makes more sense for Malaysian to invest in Singapore property rather than Singaporean to invest in Malaysia property.alemak abang, u think too much lah! u are assuming SG property forever rosy, assuming SG forever prosperous. heard of never put ur eggs in 1 basket?

leesg123
12-10-12, 00:28
Many Singapore PRs from Malaysia are buying into JB because they are staying in Singapore. Proximity/accessibility is the key. Higher car and petrol prices over the next few years will deter long distance journey by car.Singapore PR buying into JB, most are JB natives lah. no malaysian in their right mind will buy JB current pricing. It is like telling people that stayin in Woodlands is much better than staying at Chatsworth road area. also, the spilling effect of sg stuffs, those are hyped up sales talk lah. JB crime is horrendous, most Singaporean just love to hold on to the dream that they can retire big time in JB in big big rumah and commute to SG as and when they like cos so near. That is a Singapore dream for the commoners lah. these are the type of people who says Charles & Keith handbag is better and more worth then Hermes. no offence.:doh:

fiat500
12-10-12, 00:30
dear leesg,

mortgage rates 4.x%
FD rates 3.x%.

Scenario A
my risk is RM200k.

Scenario B

It makes more sense for Malaysian to invest in Singapore property rather than Singaporean to invest in Malaysia property.
let's look at another perspective...
a 1 bedder apartment in klcc area is about rm800k (sgd325k).
assuming u pay in full with no loan,u will be getting monthly rental of about rm3.5k (sgd1.4k).

klcc area is almost equivalent to our shenton way area in terms of being the financial hub of the country.
with sgd325k,u can't buy any 1 bedder unit in shenton way (sail,clift,one shenton) even with 40% downpayment..
the best thing is most of the upmarket projects in klcc area are FH...

so there's something to ponder about? :cheers5:

leesg123
12-10-12, 00:31
alemak abang, u think too much lah! u are assuming SG property forever rosy, assuming SG forever prosperous. heard of never put ur eggs in 1 basket?i got plan to retire in a 5 star freehold condo that is cheaper than our sg LH 3rm hdb. suka suka i take airasia, jetstar fly back SG. those kind of things too far fetch for you people lah. KLCC area got huge potential for further upside, in case you dont know, got a CM being tabled to only allow foreigner buy RM1m properties and above only.

leesg123
12-10-12, 00:34
let's look at another perspective...
a 1 bedder apartment in klcc area is about rm800k (sgd325k).
assuming u pay in full with no loan,u will be getting monthly rental of about rm3.5k (sgd1.4k).

klcc area is almost equivalent to our shenton way area in terms of being the financial hub of the country.
with sgd325k,u can't buy any 1 bedder unit in shenton way (sail,clift,one shenton) even with 40% downpayment..
the best thing is most of the upmarket projects in klcc area are FH...

so there's something to ponder about? :cheers5:finally some one knows the intrinsic message! here is a cheers to u my dear abang! :cheers4:

Go for a stroll there, you will see many more angmoh and japs than what you see in SG orchard road, their 2nd home programme is damn popular. Lots of upside! Also hor, their 1 bedder is at least 700sqft upwards. which in sg can fit 3 bedrooms hor. so lots of upside should FEO, Capitaland wanna market MM in MY! lol

Regulators
12-10-12, 00:48
those thinking of buying KLCC properties, please be careful. If you want to liquidate, not that easy, your property can end up sitting in the market for months if you want to sell. That also applies to rental. I heard a number of landlords in KL resort to short term leases just because they can't find long term tenants. Landed is a no go if you are going for yield however nice the property may look. Selling a landed property in malaysia is really really tough coz the concept of owning land in malaysia is different from singapore. We prize land in singapore more than malaysia coz they are in no short supply of land. For condos, maintenance and upkeep for old condos is always an issue in malaysia n there is no chance of en bloc also. Those buying klcc may want to consider condos owned by sultans coz they will be well taken care of. I heard half of 1A Stonor is owned by a sultan but the only problem is it is leasehold. My take is this, if you really have to invest in malaysia, go for units that are smaller with good yield. When it comes to renovating and doing regular maintenance for your condo, it is also easier.

leesg123
12-10-12, 00:59
those thinking of buying KLCC properties, please be careful. If you want to liquidate, not that easy, your property can end up sitting in the market for months if you want to sell. That also applies to rental. I heard a number of landlords in KL resort to short term leases just because they can't find long term tenants. Landed is a no go if you are going for yield however nice the property may look. Selling a landed property in malaysia is really really tough coz the concept of owning land in malaysia is different from singapore. We prize land in singapore more than malaysia coz they are in no short supply of land. For condos, maintenance and upkeep for old condos is always an issue in malaysia n there is no chance of en bloc also. Those buying klcc may want to consider condos owned by sultans coz they will be well taken care of. I heard half of 1A Stonor is owned by a sultan but the only problem is it is leasehold. My take is this, if you really have to invest in malaysia, go for units that are smaller with good yield. When it comes to renovating and doing regular maintenance for your condo, it is also easier.True, agree. diversification of portfolio.

leesg123
12-10-12, 01:09
For more info on past transaction:
http://202.75.6.20/portal/portal/eps/default/PublicationMenuPortletWindow

chestnut
12-10-12, 06:25
alemak abang, u think too much lah! u are assuming SG property forever rosy, assuming SG forever prosperous. heard of never put ur eggs in 1 basket?

Good 1. But bro, don't reveal too much, there may be mole/whistle blower among us. Scully they say you anti-Singapore because u buy foreign properties.

So hopeful, how many properties yu have in Singapore?

leesg123
12-10-12, 07:06
Good 1. But bro, don't reveal too much, there may be mole/whistle blower among us. Scully they say you anti-Singapore because u buy foreign properties.

So hopeful, how many properties yu have in Singapore?Oops...no lah, I LOVE SINGAPORE!
Have vested 2 props in home base SG only. Ideally is 3 prop, got to wait for bullet to build up. At the same time need to look regionally too e.g. KLCC area, HK, London etc. places i will avoid will be Bangkok and JKT.

hyenergix
12-10-12, 07:08
For more info on past transaction:
http://202.75.6.20/portal/portal/eps/default/PublicationMenuPortletWindow

Just look at JB table 5.4 versus KL table 1.4. You can see the growth momentum in JB properties.

leesg123
12-10-12, 07:49
Just look at JB table 5.4 versus KL table 1.4. You can see the growth momentum in JB properties.
Ok lah ok lah, u buy jb, i buy klcc... Malaysia boleh!

DC33_2008
12-10-12, 08:13
Why stay in condo? Stay in a bungalow in Damansara. Only problem is how to fly when too old and moblility is a problem.
i got plan to retire in a 5 star freehold condo that is cheaper than our sg LH 3rm hdb. suka suka i take airasia, jetstar fly back SG. those kind of things too far fetch for you people lah. KLCC area got huge potential for further upside, in case you dont know, got a CM being tabled to only allow foreigner buy RM1m properties and above only.

hopeful
12-10-12, 08:23

So hopeful, how many properties yu have in Singapore?

0 properties in Singapore, that's why if people want to use my name to buy their properties, they will save on ABSD :)

chestnut
12-10-12, 08:30
0 properties in Singapore, that's why if people want to use my name to buy their properties, they will save on ABSD :)

Wa, u damn smart! Did u read the article on the guy who ask sentosa residence to buy a car for him?
Btw, indonesians love orchard and river valley. Was playing golf w an indo at tmcc. He bot a house in east coast and confided that he regretted his decision. Said if wind back clock, he will buy orchard.

So you know where the Indonesians hang out.

leesg123
12-10-12, 08:34
Wa, u damn smart! Did u read the article on the guy who ask sentosa residence to buy a car for him?
Btw, indonesians love orchard and river valley. Was playing golf w an indo at tmcc. He bot a house in east coast and confided that he regretted his decision. Said if wind back clock, he will buy orchard.

So you know where the Indonesians hang out.Indo loves orchard cairnhill area (near Mt E, convenient) as well as River Valley area (near Indo Embassy, feel at home). Some smarter ones will also buy East Coast D15.

leesg123
12-10-12, 08:36
Why stay in condo? Stay in a bungalow in Damansara. Only problem is how to fly when too old and moblility is a problem.That is also good, however, bungalow is too big for us lah and also security is an issue (singapore already got breakin, what more malaysia), unless it is a cluster bungalow. so for hassle free retirement, 5 star condo still best. bask in the sun at the pool deck, watch the angmoh babes in bikini :p

chestnut
12-10-12, 08:37
Indo loves orchard cairnhill area (near Mt E, convenient) as well as River Valley area (near Indo Embassy, feel at home). Some smarter ones will also buy East Coast D15.

Don't know leh, the guy I met regretted buying east coast. The reason is this indo need to show they atas. So east coast like Rolex, and orchard like ap or pp.

leesg123
12-10-12, 08:53
Don't know leh, the guy I met regretted buying east coast. The reason is this indo need to show they atas. So east coast like Rolex, and orchard like ap or pp.That i totally agree! i think many SG also think the same lah

chestnut
12-10-12, 10:03
That i totally agree! i think many SG also think the same lah

Haha, that why my friends wonder why i never stay in bungalow or ordchard road? I just want a simple life and live simply. Of course I need good food. But you can find good and cheap food in hawker centre as well. I tell you, every time I come back from biz trip, I scared of restaurants. My wife always say I kiam kana. Hahaha. But the truth is, char kuay teow anytime for me. Only when I on holiday then I go for michilin restaurants. Sometimes must feel shiok spending money. If not die also cannot bring along.

DC33_2008
12-10-12, 10:36
FH Condos near the embassy in KL is at least RM 1200psf? But not much view in KL.
That is also good, however, bungalow is too big for us lah and also security is an issue (singapore already got breakin, what more malaysia), unless it is a cluster bungalow. so for hassle free retirement, 5 star condo still best. bask in the sun at the pool deck, watch the angmoh babes in bikini :p

hopeful
12-10-12, 11:53
.... ..He bot a house in east coast and confided that he regretted his decision. Said if wind back clock, he will buy orchard.

he is typical boastful indonesian, always hint hint that they are rich.
How come he cannot buy Orchard now?
If you ask him that question, he will say his money is invested elsewhere la, etc etc.

chestnut
12-10-12, 12:19
he is typical boastful indonesian, always hint hint that they are rich.
How come he cannot buy Orchard now?
If you ask him that question, he will say his money is invested elsewhere la, etc etc.
He is indeed rich. That I know. I was entertaining my rich customer. All the rich will flock together because they have common topic. Just like all the cheongsters will flock together. and all the smarties will flock together.
This is how the world is made off. Try putting a CEO with a taxi driver(please do not take this negatively - i am just giving a hypothetical answer. No insult to any vocation) and see if they can have a 1 hr friendly conversation and see if they meet on a regular basis. Unless of course they were childhood friends, classmates or something.

fiat500
14-10-12, 15:37
JB is more accessible to Singaporeans in terms of proximity and cost, and is a suburb to Singapore city. i.e. I regard most part of Singapore as city center, simply because it has expanded if you have not noticed, and will continue to expand with a target of 6 mil in a few years' time. The phenomenal rise of OCR psf and government investments in OCR are the best evidences. KL cannot match Singapore in terms of governance, finance institutions, education etc. Simply no match. JB will benefit from the spill-over.
Johor is still petty crime infested there n also not easy to rent out your apartment as there are not many expats in Johor..
Most Singaporeans or PRs who buy there are for own stay..
Ultimately it depends what is your motive in buying in Malaysia?
If it's for rental,then it is better to buy in KLCC area.
If for self stay,Johor is quite ok as it's near Singapore.
At the end of the day, KLCC is still the financial hub of the country.

For me personally, i feel all those projects in Johor which are gated all around gives u a false sense of security..
If your estate has to be fenced up,it just shows that it's not very safe outside.. :cheers6:

hyenergix
14-10-12, 15:55
Johor is still petty crime infested there n also not easy to rent out your apartment as there are not many expats in Johor..
Most Singaporeans or PRs who buy there are for own stay..
Ultimately it depends what is your motive in buying in Malaysia?
If it's for rental,then it is better to buy in KLCC area.
If for self stay,Johor is quite ok as it's near Singapore.
At the end of the day, KLCC is still the financial hub of the country.

For me personally, i feel all those projects in Johor which are gated all around gives u a false sense of security..
If your estate has to be fenced up,it just shows that it's not very safe outside.. :cheers6:

Agree. Most buy landed for own use.