PDA

View Full Version : I love to eat chestnut...

Laguna
08-10-12, 09:03
I did not follow that much on chestnut..

but just notice, he has so many posts, so fast, and seriously, I did not know what is going on...but at time...i feel blur...

anyway, he makes this forum more interesting...

perhaps, i shall get some chestnut at Aji Ichiban for him at the airport later

carbuncle
08-10-12, 09:18
the way he talks .... is oddly familiar somehow....

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 09:19

They are twins :p

Frankly speaking if I bought SH or Katong Regency, a low end CCR or landed I will have cold sweat now

Laguna
08-10-12, 09:25

ya, I tot I am the only one has that kind of feeling....

PN
08-10-12, 09:27

Do you guys mean XXXX21XXXXX ? :D:D:D

carbuncle
08-10-12, 09:36
you ask sis butter whether cold sweat?
guess not. hers for own stay...

carbuncle
08-10-12, 09:37

The long lost d...something

Laguna
08-10-12, 09:41
Frankly speaking if I bought SH or Katong Regency, a low end CCR or landed I will have cold sweat now

In fact, I wanted to buy Katong Regency, but just happened at that time, I had an op and was in hospital.

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 09:52

seriously, even for own stay if you rich of debt also will sweat :o
nevermind, US Fed will come to rescue, 85b per month will become 200b per month :scared-1:

condolisa
08-10-12, 09:54

Why? I thought 99-yr Dakota 3 bedder reached 1.8 mio already. Support not broken yet, right?

Laguna
08-10-12, 09:54
nevermind, US Fed will come to rescue, 85b per month will become 200b per month :scared-1:

One of the objectives in this trip is looking into the possibility of parking some money in RMB investment. The tight exchange control of buying and selling with a cap of RMB20,000 daily still put me off.
In short, US$ will still be the common currency and more printing as well.

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 10:02
One of the objectives in this trip is looking into the possibility of parking some money in RMB investment. The tight exchange control of buying and selling with a cap of RMB20,000 daily still put me off.
In short, US$ will still be the common currency and more printing as well.

that's why will not hold bonds > 5y, I think those buying NTUC Income 15y at 3.65% could be crying father mother if QEternityX2 comes

as long as US still #1 military + rerserve / commodity trading currency in the world they can do anything they want

you know Deng Xiao Peng last time wanted to get a small # Chinese to be rich first and they were very successful but at least those Chinese worked hard to get rich, what US Fed is doing now is to feed top 1% of US people to become richer so that they will start some biz or hire more people .. but if US Fed spoon feed you with money, why work hard?? After making profit, just convert to gold or hard assets in Singapore :p

:2cents:

radha08
08-10-12, 10:05

she is conservative investor will not spend beyond her means...lives a balanced life of eating...:D...property investment...:D and tcss in forum...:D:cheers4:..oh and forget going holiday...:D:D:D

radha08
08-10-12, 10:06
that's why will not hold bonds > 5y, I think those buying NTUC Income 15y at 3.65% could be crying father mother if QEternityX2 comes

as long as US still #1 military + rerserve / commodity trading currency in the world they can do anything they want

you know Deng Xiao Peng last time wanted to get a small # Chinese to be rich first and he was very successful ... those Chinese work hard to get rich, what US Fed is doing now is to feed top 1% of US people to become richer so that they will start some biz or hire more people .. but if US Fed spoon feed you with money, why work hard for what??

:2cents:

haha like that term crying father crying mother kpkb...wonder who thought of that...:D

chestnut
08-10-12, 10:10
Ok, I will satisfy your quest on who I am:

I am but the magician in the series "breaking the magician code".

I am now in preparing for a new series "breaking the investment code". Haven't u guys learn something from me?

carbuncle
08-10-12, 10:16
and buying hello kitty crystals

leesg123
08-10-12, 10:17

Frankly speaking if I bought SH or Katong Regency, a low end CCR or landed I will have cold sweat nowwhy cold sweat?

Laguna
08-10-12, 10:20
Ok, I will satisfy your quest on who I am:

I am but the magician in the series "breaking the magician code".

I am now in preparing for a new series "breaking the investment code". Haven't u guys learn something from me?

I am not interested in who you are!
I just love to eat chestnut...
I dunno what are u talking about so far as well

proper-t
08-10-12, 10:35
why cold sweat?

Yep, agree. People who bought before this measure and managed to get long tenure loans at low floating rates should be counting their lucky stars.

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 10:48
I am not interested in who you are!
I just love to eat chestnut...
I dunno what are u talking about so far as well

You need a philosopher like Lao Zhi in this forum

buttercarp
08-10-12, 11:08

Yes, glad I am not alone.
Great minds think alike :cheers6: .

she is conservative investor will not spend beyond her means...lives a balanced life of eating...:D...property investment...:D and tcss in forum...:D:cheers4:..oh and forget going holiday...:D:D:D

Carbuncle.... yes no cold sweat but thanks for asking. I am looking forward to becoming a landlord too.
Radha - you understand me best!

Laguna, yes now that you have mentioned.... I have the sudden urge to eat kao luck:D !

zeamybro
08-10-12, 11:10
why cold sweat?

Not sure abt SH, but no cold sweat for some of the KR buyers, cos i understand quite a handful were bought by this grp of older folks from the nearby dialect clans/associations. They are v rich and own several old apts and shophouses in geylang, some of which hv been enbloc lately.

Prob no longer v well versed in today's economy anymore, they r just looking for some where to park their $$ and grow their collections of assets. I m not surprised that they pay full in cash.

buttercarp
08-10-12, 11:10
You need a philosopher like Lao Zhi in this forum

Lao Zhi eat too much kao luck will lao sai.

zeamybro
08-10-12, 11:15

That plate of chestnut? :D

buttercarp
08-10-12, 11:18

Oh... I tot it was b.... something.

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 11:19
there are always 2 groups of buyers ... the no sweat buyer owning multiple properties, stay in landed etc .. they could even take up equity loan just to play

but if you are 40y old HDB upgrader family with less than 10k family income without rich parents, half way through paying HDB and just bought >1.2m property, will have cold sweat after MAS new ruling ...no??

CondoWE
08-10-12, 11:19
I did not follow that much on chestnut..

but just notice, he has so many posts, so fast, and seriously, I did not know what is going on...but at time...i feel blur...

anyway, he makes this forum more interesting...

perhaps, i shall get some chestnut at Aji Ichiban for him at the airport later

Too many chestnuts is no good as it's difficult to digest..:D !

cnud
08-10-12, 11:22
there are always 2 groups of buyers ... the no sweat buyer owning multiple properties, stay in landed etc .. they could even take up equity loan just to play

but if you are 40y old HDB upgrader family with less than 10k family income without rich parents, half way through paying HDB and just bought >1.2m property, will have cold sweat after MAS new ruling ...no??

Why leh? Those that bought before 6th Oct still had to cough out 40% cash.

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 11:35
Why leh? Those that bought before 6th Oct still had to cough out 40% cash.

But they will have hard time to refinance ?? No? What if after 3y, SIBOR up to 7% :eek: Correct me if I am wrong, we have now refinance risk.

chestnut
08-10-12, 11:37
But they will have hard time to refinance ?? No? What if after 3y, SIBOR up to 7% :eek:
If sibor up 7%, it will make many people happy. I for one will be one of the happiest man in town.
I will gather bj21, Kane, etc... and we will have a ball of a time.

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 11:41
market hardly impressed by the latest CM

FTSE ST Real Estate Index
718.27 5.86(-0.81%)

cnud
08-10-12, 11:44
But they will have hard time to refinance ?? No? What if after 3y, SIBOR up to 7% :eek: Correct me if I am wrong, we have now refinance risk.

Refi risk is definitely higher now. Now borrowers more in the mercy of the lenders. Which should be the case. The banks can suka suka adjust the rates and we LL...

But that is the problem of over-leveraging. If guvmen anticipating more up side for prices (that's why more CM), low interest rates (got to trust FED to keep word till at least 2015), endless money supply, more demand (PM Lee said 6million no problem, another 13% more people).

3 years is a long time to adjust... 2016 election looming..

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 11:47
Refi risk is definitely higher now. Now borrowers more in the mercy of the lenders. Which should be the case. The banks can suka suka adjust the rates and we LL...

But that is the problem of over-leveraging. If guvmen anticipating more up side for prices (that's why more CM), low interest rates (got to trust FED to keep word till at least 2015), endless money supply, more demand (PM Lee said 6million no problem, another 13% more people).

3 years is a long time to adjust... 2016 election looming..

ok, so u trust the garmen will not let banks exploit the middle class when SIBOR goes up ;)

as i said, it does not affect the rich

cnud
08-10-12, 11:51
ok, so u trust the garmen will not let banks exploit the middle class when SIBOR goes up ;)

as i said, it does not affect the rich

proper-t
08-10-12, 12:21
not only 2016 election. If SIBOR really up to 7%, EVERYBODY who has floating housing loan will suffer and not just those that bought before the CM.

When everybody start making enough noise, gahment will remove CM.

What they taketh away, they can also give back...this has been well demonstrated in the past. Their intention is to moderate and not to crash the mkt.

zeamybro
08-10-12, 13:08
I hv no econs background, but when sibor goes up to 7%, does that mean economy is good, housings would be expensive, and rentals will shoot up as well?

leesg123
08-10-12, 13:15
But they will have hard time to refinance ?? No? What if after 3y, SIBOR up to 7% :eek: Correct me if I am wrong, we have now refinance risk.those bought before the CM and has secured >30 yrs tenure, wont cold sweat.

if sibor up 7%, everyone will cold sweat.

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 13:27
I hv no econs background, but when sibor goes up to 7%, does that mean economy is good, housings would be expensive, and rentals will shoot up as well?

if everything is expected, then there is no such thing called Black Swan

zeamybro
08-10-12, 13:35
if everything is expected, then there is no such thing called Black Swan
It's not about wanting a certainty but to trigger some thoughts on the positive aspects of increased interest rates ... DUH

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 13:39
It's not about wanting a certainty but to trigger some thoughts on the positive aspects of increased interest rates ... DUH

war, bond vigilantes, hyperinflation to name a few

buttercarp
08-10-12, 15:25
those bought before the CM and has secured >30 yrs tenure, wont cold sweat.

if sibor up 7%, everyone will cold sweat.

If Sibor up to 7% not only cold sweat.... get heart attack.
Only those who opted for fixed loan will be smiling from ear to ear.

So far it has not risen above 4%, right?

Can I ask another question so I can learn more today?
If opted for sibor, can convert to other loans or not eg SOR or fixed loan after the lock in period?

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 17:46
I hope no heart attack

http://www.salary.sg/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/historical-sibor2.png

buttercarp
08-10-12, 18:02
I hope no heart attack

http://www.salary.sg/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/historical-sibor2.png

Thanks bro. Scary!
The graph I saw was from year 2000 onwards :ashamed1: .
Wow....I didn't know 97-99 was such a bad year, although I heard of it.
My line of job is so shielded from the financial world that if I don't read the news or come to this forum, I would not know the effect.

May I ask this question again :
If opted for sibor, can convert to other loans or not eg SOR or fixed loan, or vice versa, after the lock in period?

radha08
08-10-12, 21:20
Thanks bro. Scary!
The graph I saw was from year 2000 onwards :ashamed1: .
Wow....I didn't know 97-99 was such a bad year, although I heard of it.
My line of job is so shielded from the financial world that if I don't read the news or come to this forum, I would not know the effect.

May I ask this question again :
If opted for sibor, can convert to other loans or not eg SOR or fixed loan, or vice versa, after the lock in period?

can no problem u can convert to other type of loan package but i think got small penalty...:)

kane
08-10-12, 22:01
can no problem u can convert to other type of loan package but i think got small penalty...:)

just an admin fee for loan repricing. provided you are outside your lock-in period. best to check with your banker for details.

buttercarp
08-10-12, 22:03

Thanks.
Yup, I read my housing loan again today and realized that I will have one free conversion to re finance within 3 months of TOP.

price
08-10-12, 23:05
Thanks.
Yup, I read my housing loan again today and realized that I will have one free conversion to re finance within 3 months of TOP.
where is ur new property @ sis butter?

buttercarp
09-10-12, 09:57
where is ur new property @ sis butter?
Some where between Bukit Panjang and Bukit Batok.

blackjack21trader
09-10-12, 10:22
If Sibor up to 7% not only cold sweat.... get heart attack.
Only those who opted for fixed loan will be smiling from ear to ear.

So far it has not risen above 4%, right?

Can I ask another question so I can learn more today?
If opted for sibor, can convert to other loans or not eg SOR or fixed loan after the lock in period?

should not worry if take sibor, because mas got many brilliant scholars. but be careful of sor. however, methink at this moment no cause for alarm yet unless Ben took back his words. and dun forget Usa always talk bo sng xiao one . jmho

CondoWE
09-10-12, 10:23
Some where between Bukit Panjang and Bukit Batok.
Pavilion :D ?

blackjack21trader
09-10-12, 10:25
Pavilion :D ?

good choice :)

blackjack21trader
09-10-12, 10:28
should not worry if take sibor, because mas got many brilliant scholars. but be careful of sor. however, methink at this moment no cause for alarm yet unless Ben took back his words. and dun forget Usa always talk bo sng xiao one . jmho

last time i ask my boss why did he lied. he said aiyo talk only la...got sign contract bo?

buttercarp
09-10-12, 12:30

Ok. Thanks. I will believe you:) .

buttercarp
09-10-12, 12:31
good choice :)

I hope JLD will flourish in future :) .

CondoWE
09-10-12, 12:42
I hope JLD will flourish in future :) .

Hi sis,

You stay near by?

lifeline
09-10-12, 12:51
Thanks.

your options:
1. at top, make a lump sum capital repayment to pare down the loan.
and immediately ask for repricing; cos usu min notice is 1 month for new rate to kick in - bank will still jiak you one month high interest.
2. otherwise hold the cash for another shot.

agree with you to keep and not sell your existing condo, unless you buy another for replacement.

buttercarp
09-10-12, 13:11
your options:
1. at top, make a lump sum capital repayment to pare down the loan.
and immediately ask for repricing; cos usu min notice is 1 month for new rate to kick in - bank will still jiak you one month high interest.
2. otherwise hold the cash for another shot.

agree with you to keep and not sell your existing condo, unless you buy another for replacement.

Thanks, lifeline for a valuable piece of info!
I will print this advice and attach it to my loan agreement.

buttercarp
09-10-12, 15:03
Hi sis,

You stay near by?

Not yet.
In future.