PDA

View Full Version : Free Health Screening for 50+ Years Old

richwang
06-10-12, 20:45
Not suitable for most of the forumers here, but you can pass the message to someone who needs it:

Free Health Screening at Toa Payoh HDB HUB for 50+ years old on Sunday (Oct 7).
To know more details, you can watch today's news.

When you reach that age, it is better to forget about 50 years loan.

Health is wealth.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. Super long queue.

zzz1
07-10-12, 07:19
Good sharing!!:)

hyenergix
07-10-12, 08:11
I believe this is beneficial if it is organised by HPB, else it could be just clinics trying to get customers and the cost of this screening could be loaded later to the patients. But overall it is still good to assess current health status.

irisng
07-10-12, 10:02
Sure to have lots of people. I think this health screening only check your cholesterol, BMI, sugar content.

Many years back, I went for a free health screening, irregardless of age, there is a health report for you too and a doctor to explain on your report. It depends on donation (monthly or yearly) but no obligations, they don't ask you for it, it is up to you and people there are very friendly. I think it is something to do with Buddhism.

carbuncle
07-10-12, 10:24
toa payoh chung hwa clinic also free consultation rite?

irisng
07-10-12, 10:59
toa payoh chung hwa clinic also free consultation rite?

The one that I went for my free screening is at Redhill. I got it screened in Yr 2009, not sure whether they still provide such service or not, can call up and check.

http://www.tzuchi.org.sg/

richwang
07-10-12, 11:50
I believe this is beneficial if it is organised by HPB, else it could be just clinics trying to get customers and the cost of this screening could be loaded later to the patients. But overall it is still good to assess current health status.

It is organized by major hospitals such as TTSH.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
07-10-12, 11:53
Sure to have lots of people. I think this health screening only check your cholesterol, BMI, sugar content.

Many years back, I went for a free health screening, irregardless of age, there is a health report for you too and a doctor to explain on your report. It depends on donation (monthly or yearly) but no obligations, they don't ask you for it, it is up to you and people there are very friendly. I think it is something to do with Buddhism.

Colon Cancer test is also included.

If there are cancer family history, you don't need to be 50+ years. Any age can go for the free test.

Thanks,
Richard

carbuncle
07-10-12, 12:10
my aunt got breast cancer but now ok- is that considered family history? am I eligible?

hopeful
07-10-12, 14:54
for any health screening, who is entitled to received your support?
did anybody read the fineprint?