PDA

View Full Version : The danger of SSD

phantom_opera
23-09-12, 22:39
read FAQ on SSD .... some cases are very jialat

Q: Both my ex-spouse and I had purchased a residential property on 21 January 2011. The Court had ordered for the residential property to be sold in the open market. Are we liable for SSD if we sell it within the 4 years holding period?

A: Yes, you will be liable to pay SSD if the property is sold within the 4 years holding period. However, if the Court had ordered for the property to be transferred to you, SSD is remitted. SSD will continue to be payable if you subsequently sell it within the 4 years holding period.

Q: I became the co-owner of my parents' HDB flat after my parents and I did a Transfer to include my name as one of the 3 owners of equal shares on 15 January 2011. We decide to sell the HDB flat 6 months later. Does SSD apply to us when we sell the flat?

A: Yes, as you have acquired the 1/3 share in the HDB flat after 14 January 2011, you would have to pay SSD when the HDB flat is sold within the 4 years' holding period.

Laguna
23-09-12, 22:53
From what I understand
the one exemption is inherited property, SSD counts from the date of original purchase

radha08
23-09-12, 23:08
Whatever it is only ONE winner..u know who...:rolleyes:

CondoInterested
23-09-12, 23:11
Since on inherit HDB, got 1 question,

Can HDB flat be inherit from a grandparent to his/her grandchild?

buttercarp
24-09-12, 00:21
Since on inherit HDB, got 1 question,

Can HDB flat be inherit from a grandparent to his/her grandchild?
Should be able to if the grandparent willed it to the grandchild.

mygeemeel
24-09-12, 01:04
How about the ones who bought Horizon Towers (if I remember the name correctly) only to be en bloc? Are they liable for SSD since their holding period is less than a year?

irisng
24-09-12, 07:46
read FAQ on SSD .... some cases are very jialat

Q: I became the co-owner of my parents' HDB flat after my parents and I did a Transfer to include my name as one of the 3 owners of equal shares on 15 January 2011. We decide to sell the HDB flat 6 months later. Does SSD apply to us when we sell the flat?

A: Yes, as you have acquired the 1/3 share in the HDB flat after 14 January 2011, you would have to pay SSD when the HDB flat is sold within the 4 years' holding period.

So it applies to the possession date and not the purchase date?

carbuncle
24-09-12, 09:29
wait a min... am I the only one here or...

hdb is MOP
got SSD meh??

phantom_opera
24-09-12, 09:40
wait a min... am I the only one here or...

hdb is MOP
got SSD meh??

HDB also subject to SSD, it is just that normally you have MOP so majority not affected. If you add names to HDB and sell within 4y, you are going to be hit hard by SSD. If divorce within 4y, could be hit also.

zzz1
24-09-12, 12:26
Got the take note that if u are inherited the flat, and u hold a private property , u still fall within the cm which requires u to sell ( private property) within certain period extendable ( subject to approval)

buttercarp
24-09-12, 12:37
How about the ones who bought Horizon Towers (if I remember the name correctly) only to be en bloc? Are they liable for SSD since their holding period is less than a year?

Yup, .... they have to pay SSD accordingly.

radha08
24-09-12, 18:42
ssd here ssd there...no wonder people stay changi beach...:D:D:D

bakasa2002
25-09-12, 09:55
If it's SNSD, lots of people be v happy. :)

ysyap
25-09-12, 11:40
Got the take note that if u are inherited the flat, and u hold a private property , u still fall within the cm which requires u to sell ( private property) within certain period extendable ( subject to approval)So given a choice, will u sell e inherited HDB and incur SSD or sell private and move to HDB to save SSD? :rolleyes:

ysyap
25-09-12, 11:41
ssd here ssd there...no wonder people stay changi beach...:D:D:DTill have BSD and ABSD everywhere..

zzz1
25-09-12, 16:40
So given a choice, will u sell e inherited HDB and incur SSD or sell private and move to HDB to save SSD? :rolleyes:
That was a tough call I must say ... Is actually happen to me , my age parent older than Lky, would want unit to pass down the hdb...

One way is to transfer all existing my units to my kids which u incur cost as well, and then take over .

Secondly , Liquidate my units which will realise all thoe paper gain to take over the hdb.

I take the third option ... If my parent really pass on , don transfer,, the unit share among all sibling and nn fight over it ..

Sometime wife will think other wise but we must make a decision for what is best...

zzz1
25-09-12, 16:40
Del .. Duplicate post