PDA

View Full Version : The phantom rules of SG properties

phantom_opera
23-09-12, 10:15
1. Affordability rule - take the median household income including employer CPF of those staying at 5r HDB or bigger + those who stay at PC , divide by 10 to get the range of affordable psf for OCR

e.g. for year 2011

8,800 / 10 = 880psf
14,000 / 10 = 1,400psf

so far from MRT 880psf, near MRT 1,400psf

2. Immigrants rule - each 100k extra of productive immigrants will boost psf by 100

e.g. we took in 300k SPRs, 100k SCs, assume half of them are working, we have 200k workforce, it has a 200psf boost to property market especially the resale HDBs

3. QE rule - US debt is increasing at 120b per month, depends on how much money is being printed per month to estimate increase in land price ... rules of thumb each 80b printed per month will boost land price by 1psf per day, 365psf per year, if 40b printed one year land price should be up 180psf on average provided that USDSGD stays about the same

4. Transport / commercial enhancement rule - this applies to certain district only, each additional MRT line passing through the district, add 100psf, new commercial, employment, university center e.g. Bedok / JLD add another 100psf

Resistance is FUTILE

So simple :D :p

Laguna
23-09-12, 11:19
When HDB buyers buying into private condo, what will they do with their HDB? of course, they rent out! They will not sell for simple reasons :

1. cash cow
2. can nvr buy back....

in other words, the price of HDB will go up, and this will provide a solid base for the mass market

DC33_2008
23-09-12, 11:27
Does it mean that how hdb can upgrade by keep the hdb to service their PC home loan? HDB rules can get some day too to tighten this.
When HDB buyers buying into private condo, what will they do with their HDB? of course, they rent out! They will not sell for simple reasons :

1. cash cow
2. can nvr buy back....

in other words, the price of HDB will go up, and this will provide a solid base for the mass market

buttercarp
23-09-12, 11:30
One simple solution to ease HDB resale prices - For all new HDB owners, they should not be allowed to own HDB once they upgrade to a private property.

However if they should want or need to move back to a HDB, they should be allowed to do so but must sell their existing private property.

Or revert to old rule..... have HDB, buy pte property but still have to stay in HDB.

radha08
23-09-12, 11:39

1. cash cow
2. can nvr buy back....

http://propwise.sg/wp-content/uploads/HDB-blocks.jpg

http://capitalhd.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/cash-cow.jpg

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

lajia
23-09-12, 11:59
U must have sold your hdb....too late....:D the problem is not those with 1 hdb and 1 private. If you think again, it is those without the hdb that is creating this, I mean partially. The other part could be those new immigrants who are allow to buy resale. See it...:D

Maybe they can limit the COV to 50k max (for those who spend a lot on reno)....that might solve all problem :p

One simple solution to ease HDB resale prices - For all new HDB owners, they should not be allowed to own HDB once they upgrade to a private property.

However if they should want or need to move back to a HDB, they should be allowed to do so but must sell their existing private property.

Or revert to old rule..... have HDB, buy pte property but still have to stay in HDB.

blackjack21trader
23-09-12, 12:13
1. Affordability rule - take the median household income including employer CPF of those staying at 5r HDB or bigger + those who stay at PC , divide by 10 to get the range of affordable psf for OCR

e.g. for year 2011

8,800 / 10 = 880psf
14,000 / 10 = 1,400psf

so far from MRT 880psf, near MRT 1,400psf

2. Immigrants rule - each 100k extra of productive immigrants will boost psf by 100

e.g. we took in 300k SPRs, 100k SCs, assume half of them are working, we have 200k workforce, it has a 200psf boost to property market especially the resale HDBs

3. QE rule - US debt is increasing at 120b per month, depends on how much money is being printed per month to estimate increase in land price ... rules of thumb each 80b printed per month will boost land price by 1psf per day, 365psf per year, if 40b printed one year land price should be up 180psf on average provided that USDSGD stays about the same

4. Transport / commercial enhancement rule - this applies to certain district only, each additional MRT line passing through the district, add 100psf, new commercial, employment, university center e.g. Bedok / JLD add another 100psf

Resistance is FUTILE

brother ghost is a Genius ! I never thought of it this way. Thanks for the enlightenment :)

carbuncle
23-09-12, 12:14
no need to second guess. 2000psf anywhere in sg soon, for private.

radha08
23-09-12, 12:15
brother ghost is a Genius ! I never thought of it this way. Thanks for the enlightenment :)

he will be taking over ah ben after us election...:cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:

radha08
23-09-12, 12:17
:eek:http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-rent-redhill-close-11320622:eek:

i renting siglap semi d only $3500:eek:

roly8
23-09-12, 12:19
buttercrap have a point... if got private, should not keep HDB anymore.
this will definitely cause a stir ! ;)

joelx
23-09-12, 12:21
Wonder why ppl are focusing on how expensive a hdb which is not in your control, they should think of a way to make more $ and get into the rich category where rich get richer. Isn't tht easier then hoping the price to drop.? Govt should Look for more biz opportunity for his ppl. Just like a company CEO looking for biz for the company instead spending too much time cutting cost.

carbuncle
23-09-12, 12:25
'theres why the difference between winners and whiners is an H (HDB) and they lost an N (nice) along the way.' -carbuncle

buttercarp
23-09-12, 12:38
U must have sold your hdb....too late....:D the problem is not those with 1 hdb and 1 private. If you think again, it is those without the hdb that is creating this, I mean partially. The other part could be those new immigrants who are allow to buy resale. See it...:D

Maybe they can limit the COV to 50k max (for those who spend a lot on reno)....that might solve all problem :p

Yes, I sold my HDB donkey years ago.
At that time, one had to stay in HDB if one had a private property.

HDB should be for people who require basic housing eg young couples starting a family or lower income groups, otherwise why are tax payers subsidizing their housing?

So for upgraders, they make a profit and this should be a one time profit, and not be able to continue renting it out as a profit.

buttercrap have a point... if got private, should not keep HDB anymore.
this will definitely cause a stir ! ;)

Hi.... it is carp not crap leh!

Yes, it will definitely cause a stir should this be implemented.
But remember, the majority of Singaporeans live in HDB.

carbuncle
23-09-12, 12:48
at least he didn't misspell as buttcrack lol!!!!

Laguna
23-09-12, 12:54
why F1 can stay in Sg for another five years!!!!!!
the whole world is watching Sg tonite.....
more to come.....

radha08
23-09-12, 12:58
but on a hindsight...no regrets not selling my hdb but if i was able to turn back the clock..i would have sold my hdb many moons ago and bought a small landed property...:o....but hey if we keep looking back we will never see whats ahead...:cheers1:

roly8
23-09-12, 13:15

sorry...my mind always think of crap... :D:D

me will correct it next time :o

focus
23-09-12, 13:22
1. Affordability rule - take the median household income including employer CPF of those staying at 5r HDB or bigger + those who stay at PC , divide by 10 to get the range of affordable psf for
Resistance is FUTILE

LOL... Yes... Have to join the dark side now.. Have to die together with the rest... or be left behind..

focus
23-09-12, 13:24
:eek:http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-rent-redhill-close-11320622:eek:

That's damn cheap! But the renewal rates are what now?

lajia
23-09-12, 13:25
Thought u are talking about easing the high resale price and I point it to those who stir this up are partially those who have private and no hdb.....:p and now u are talking about having private should not have hdb to rent out for a profit and should sell away....these are two different things. :p

Anyway, diff opinion, nothing wrong with that.

My view is this,
1) there are two key components in today's hdb market. One, roof over your head as basic, 2nd, rental.
2) if today everyone sell their hdb just because they want to upgrade, then eventually, that will create a crunch in the rental market. The govt only take over the renting to those lower income group. If you also want them to take over the entire rental market, there will be a Huge problem they creating for themselves...
3) if all immigrants comes and no place to rent how huh?? If govt take over renting, then if they rent the 3rm flat for $500 for eg, u think the mm or those 2/3 bedder can still go as high as 3-4k a month, or even higher?? Don't ever forget, hdb form the base....be it rental or for pricing of private condo.
4) don't forget the famous saying.....don't sell your hdb flat.....read this thread again :D
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10261

:2cents: :2cents: :cheers4:

Yes, I sold my HDB donkey years ago.
At that time, one had to stay in HDB if one had a private property.

HDB should be for people who require basic housing eg young couples starting a family or lower income groups, otherwise why are tax payers subsidizing their housing?

So for upgraders, they make a profit and this should be a one time profit, and not be able to continue renting it out as a profit.

radha08
23-09-12, 13:40
That's damn cheap! But the renewal rates are what now?

i never bother to ask...but my guess base on my good record of rental payment and the fact that my landlord is land banking this property i think he should agree to same rental...anyway i just renovated and moving back to my hdb...its frustrating...paying $$$..no matter how cheap for something that will never be urs...:banghead::banghead::banghead:...small head wear small hat...:cool:

buttercarp
23-09-12, 13:41
Thought u are talking about easing the high resale price and I point it to those who stir this up are partially those who have private and no hdb.....:p and now u are talking about having private should not have hdb to rent out for a profit and should sell away....these are two different things. :p

Anyway, diff opinion, nothing wrong with that.

My view is this,
1) there are two key components in today's hdb market. One, roof over your head as basic, 2nd, rental.
2) if today everyone sell their hdb just because they want to upgrade, then eventually, that will create a crunch in the rental market. The govt only take over the renting to those lower income group. If you also want them to take over the entire rental market, there will be a Huge problem they creating for themselves...
3) if all immigrants comes and no place to rent how huh?? If govt take over renting, then if they rent the 3rm flat for $500 for eg, u think the mm or those 2/3 bedder can still go as high as 3-4k a month, or even higher?? Don't ever forget, hdb form the base....be it rental or for pricing of private condo.
4) don't forget the famous saying.....don't sell your hdb flat.....read this thread again :D
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10261

:2cents: :2cents: :cheers4:

Does not matter if you don't agree with me as I assume that you are not the person in charge. (If you happen to be, then forgive me for being presumptuous).
If the present situation is getting out of control, then there must be ways to correct it.
In order to correct it, changes have to be made, otherwise it will remain in status quo.

radha08
23-09-12, 13:48
Does not matter if you don't agree with me as I assume that you are not the person in charge. (If you happen to be, then forgive me for being presumptuous).
If the present situation is getting out of control, then there must be ways to correct it.
In order to correct it, changes have to be made, otherwise it will remain in status quo.

sis there will always be a debate on this issue and always 2 sides to the debate....my ADVICE...when it gets too crowded...just visit...

www.tripadvisor.com.sg

plan ur NEXT trip and chill....:D:D:D:D

lajia
23-09-12, 13:49

Something has to be done, that I agree with u.....on the high resale hdb price! :D

buttercarp
23-09-12, 14:04
sis there will always be a debate on this issue and always 2 sides to the debate....my ADVICE...when it gets too crowded...just visit...

www.tripadvisor.com.sg (http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg)

plan ur NEXT trip and chill....:D:D:D:D

Yup.... planned liao!
But regretting choosing budget airline over SQ!

buttercarp
23-09-12, 14:05
Something has to be done, that I agree with u.....on the high resale hdb price! :D

:cheers4:
Hope it will be for the better.

radha08
23-09-12, 14:07
Yup.... planned liao!
But regretting choosing budget airline over SQ!

Hdb = budget airline

Pc=SQ

Wahahaha
:D

joelx
23-09-12, 14:14
Hdb = budget airline

Pc=SQ

Wahahaha

This budget airline is backed by govt.. Low risk lower return, best is to hv both SQ and budget airline in ur portfolio

buttercarp
23-09-12, 14:17
Hdb = budget airline

Pc=SQ

Wahahaha

Wah.... you think everything in terms of housing!

Btw..... I bought wider seats on the budget airline, so can consider it DBSS?

The business class on the budget airline is considered EC?

focus
23-09-12, 14:22
i never bother to ask...but my guess base on my good record of rental payment and the fact that my landlord is land banking this property i think he should agree to same rental...anyway i just renovated and moving back to my hdb...its frustrating...paying $$$..no matter how cheap for something that will never be urs...:banghead::banghead::banghead:...small head wear small hat...:cool:

It's ok. Better to have enjoy than to look back and regret not having. :)

radha08
23-09-12, 14:32
Wah.... you think everything in terms of housing!

Btw..... I bought wider seats on the budget airline, so can consider it DBSS?

The business class on the budget airline is considered EC?

condo forum..ma...:D

radha08
23-09-12, 14:34
It's ok. Better to have enjoy than to look back and regret not having. :)

yup...anyway my hdb after extensive renovations is like an ugly chio-bu:scared-1: after plastic surgery...:D:D:D:D

phantom_opera
23-09-12, 14:45
Next rule

Ltv 60pc, ABSD and SSD cancel the benefits of low interest rates

Reisor
23-09-12, 14:50

While it may not take a lot of resource to just implement these policy, it will take a lot of political will as public housing votes are critical.

DC33_2008
23-09-12, 15:59
An agent told me that owner of nice bungalow has been dropping rental from 15000 to 8500. There is no viewing at $10000 asking rental. property tax much be very taxing for him.

DC33_2008
23-09-12, 16:03
Just like driver of F1: Focus and look forward for the next turn and then the finishing line (early retirement as passive income more than active income).
but on a hindsight...no regrets not selling my hdb but if i was able to turn back the clock..i would have sold my hdb many moons ago and bought a small landed property...:o....but hey if we keep looking back we will never see whats ahead...:cheers1:

richwang
23-09-12, 16:17

Just look at the renovation, you will know it is Private property owner.

Thanks,
Richard

radha08
23-09-12, 16:18
Just like driver of F1: Focus and look forward for the next turn and then the finishing line (early retirement as passive income more than active income).

yup..this forum is good THEORY learning ground a LOT of interesting case study here...:cheers5:

radha08
23-09-12, 16:20
Just look at the renovation, you will know it is Private property owner.

Thanks,
Richard

his hdb probably give him better yield than his private property...rent until someone offer him...$1M...:D:scared-1:

focus
23-09-12, 16:46
yup...anyway my hdb after extensive renovations is like an ugly chio-bu:scared-1: after plastic surgery...:D:D:D:D

Hhmm... inherent contradiction in your 2 words UGLY CHIO-BU.
But ya.. a good ID hard to come by.

Popular ones take so many projects you worried about the schedule.
Not popular ones you don't have to worry about the schedule but the ugly chiobus come to roam.

But at least it's home to you :)

Allthepies
24-09-12, 07:43
two strategies to control price of HDB and hogging of HDB by private owners..(1)HDB can only be resold at the price u bought (2) Once u rent ur HDB, it will be considered a private property during this period for the purpose of topping up the difference in price btw the HDB and private unit.

eng81157
24-09-12, 09:24

ugly chio bu?! an oxymoron eh.....

can post some pictures of your ugly chio-bu on the forum? :D

radha08
24-09-12, 22:10
ugly chio bu?! an oxymoron eh.....

can post some pictures of your ugly chio-bu on the forum? :D

once completed will be up on

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showforum=50

:spliff: