PDA

View Full Version : Park Infinia (D11, Freehold, Keppel Homes)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

teddybear
26-07-09, 20:31
Thanks. Looks like nice project.

found it on allgreen's website: 113,458 sq ft.

andy
16-08-09, 00:48
yes viva is nice. Visited showroom today. 5 stars furnishings. All North/South facing almost single slab. 4 BR design good space utilization and sizable balcony (about 100sqf) but not too large.

Prices start $14xx for low floor going up to $16xx. Almost all soldout (>90%) except lower units block nearest Thomson Rd and the penthouses. Not bad for 2 weeks of work for developer and agent.

Whether buyers made good decision or not only time will tell.

DKSG
16-08-09, 02:32
Also dont know if this is good news for PI.

On one hand, nearly everything will be blocked!

On the other hand, Viva has set a base price for PI.

Those who bought now and try to sell will expect at least 1,500 (very low floors) to 1,750 for higher floors.

The Newton area suddenly got upgraded to 1,500 psf!

Watch out for the Newton Suites, Trilight and L'viv coming up real soon at certainly prices higher than 1,700 !

gemstone
17-09-09, 13:23
parc centinial is jus one building so it doesnt block the entire 270 degrees scenery. the totally unblocked scenery stretch from CTE, jalan besah, concourse, suntec, marina , IR, raffles city, the entire CBD area, istana, orchard area until shangrila hotel and bukit timah (for penthouse). mid floor also can see cos i went to see several units in stk 2 from low, mid to penthouse .

Hi,
I have the interest to view units at stack 2 but can't find any seller representative, do you mind to send me their contacts? Thanks

tamp81
19-09-09, 00:11
drove past it at night. I think this area is probably the nicest neighbourhood to stay in Novena. It was really quiet and away from the main road, but only a few mins walk away from amenties and mrt station.

dmonddd
19-09-09, 23:07
drove past it at night. I think this area is probably the nicest neighbourhood to stay in Novena. It was really quiet and away from the main road, but only a few mins walk away from amenties and mrt station.

now that's the problem....PI is always linked to novena instead of newton.
and prices seem not to be reflected as such. i'm dumb founded with buyers' behaviour

teddybear
19-09-09, 23:36
Not again? Novena worse than Newton? If you are referring to Newton as in around Newton MRT station area, then Novena MRT surrounding area is definitely better than the 'dead-town' around Newton MRT station (zero shops & amenities around there). The Newton circus is also an accident prone area. I will avoid that place. Have too many misses there and seen too many drivers who don't even know traffic rules around circus. Sigh! I am dumb-founded by earlier buyers willing to pay a premium for Newton vs Novena. However, nowsdays buyers are smart now, as can be seen from 0 premium paid for properties around Newton MRT.

now that's the problem....PI is always linked to novena instead of newton.
and prices seem not to be reflected as such. i'm dumb founded with buyers' behaviour

dmonddd
19-09-09, 23:49
teddy, you seem to have a bit of unpleasant childhood memories in Newton or word Newton or science subject (gravity issue)
but i seeing that majority of buyers like tamp sees PI as being in Novena versus your claim that PI is in Newton as nearer to Newton MRT via the walk along the big drain.

near to amenities may not be what you see as better prices. depends on the district..check out the covenient of amenities surrounding HDB and compared with orchard.

Not again? Novena worse than Newton? If you are referring to Newton as in around Newton MRT station area, then Novena MRT surrounding area is definitely better than the 'dead-town' around Newton MRT station (zero shops & amenities around there). The Newton circus is also an accident prone area. I will avoid that place. Have too many misses there and seen too many drivers who don't even know traffic rules around circus. Sigh! I am dumb-founded by earlier buyers willing to pay a premium for Newton vs Novena. However, nowsdays buyers are smart now, as can be seen from 0 premium paid for properties around Newton MRT.

dmonddd
19-09-09, 23:51

if traffic is an issue, then jam along United square may pose lower prices for Park inifinia....wait for other projects to come onboard. and hope the big drain doesnt overflows.

echotrain
19-09-09, 23:56
near to amenities may not be what you see as better prices. depends on the district..check out the covenient of amenities surrounding HDB and compared with orchard.

makes sense.

teddybear
20-09-09, 00:01
Firstly, I didn't claim PI is in Newton. It is closer to Novena and prices are now higher than those closer to Newton MRT (e.g. Residences@Evelyn).
Secondly, you are saying Orchard no amenities and yet command higher prices than HDB flats? Isn't any condo regardless of location also higher price than HDB flats beside amenities? Also, did you check out that those Orchard condos near amenities usually command a premium to those that isn't? (the rental are definitely superior to those not near amenities). In fact, rental in $psf of those like Twin Regency or Meraprime that is in HDB heartland is even on par or better than some of those so-called Orchard properties far from amenities!

teddy, you seem to have a bit of unpleasant childhood memories in Newton or word Newton or science subject (gravity issue)
but i seeing that majority of buyers like tamp sees PI as being in Novena versus your claim that PI is in Newton as nearer to Newton MRT via the walk along the big drain.

dmonddd
20-09-09, 00:01
i believe ppl always get confused with four letter words.....

"Next" and "Near"

Next = to some people, they find it annoying.. try staying next to pubs /shopping complex. I hv and you always pass by sea of people before you reach home.

Near = can get there in mins but away from the noise/traffic pollution

And funny, ppl always like to go to other pastures. When you have a shopping complex near you, you prefer to visit the one further

dmonddd
20-09-09, 00:04
Firstly, I didn't claim PI is in Newton.

check posts. you may have to review your comments as it's a fact. thus your comments may need to be reviewed as well as to the facts

dmonddd
20-09-09, 00:05
Secondly, you are saying Orchard no amenities and yet command higher prices than HDB flats? maybe my english is not queen's english. you may want to read again my sentence.
:scared-4:

dmonddd
20-09-09, 00:06
Isn't any condo regardless of location also higher price than HDB flats beside amenities? apple tastes sweeter than orange.

teddybear
20-09-09, 00:07
No worry, the big drain connects from beside PI all the way north-wards along Bukit Timah Road and when overflows will flow to everywhere around Newton MRT station too such as Residences@Evelyn, Newton One etc. May be Newton MRT station also submerged? :banghead:

if traffic is an issue, then jam along United square may pose lower prices for Park inifinia....wait for other projects to come onboard. and hope the big drain doesnt overflows.

dmonddd
20-09-09, 00:08
Also, did you check out that those Orchard condos near amenities usually command a premium to those that isn't? (the rental are definitely superior to those not near amenities).

check out grange road condos. :doh:

dmonddd
20-09-09, 00:10
No worry, the big drain connects from beside PI all the way north-wards along Bukit Timah Road and when overflows will flow to everywhere around Newton MRT station too such as Residences@Evelyn, Newton One etc. May be Newton MRT station also submerged? :banghead:

oops. You hv not checked out the landscape..newton road is lower.
I see you are not very familiar as an agent for newton/novena area.
Bukit = Hill

dmonddd
20-09-09, 00:13
In fact, rental in $psf of those like Twin Regency or Meraprime that is in HDB heartland is even on par or better than some of those so-called Orchard properties far from amenities!

in all the forums under condo singapore, this is what all have been debating on? did the buyers price the condos correctly or developers are the ones who correctly price the properties?

and we dont only look at $$$. compare apple of same harvest from different orchards

teddybear
20-09-09, 00:16
What jam are you referring to? Along Newton Road turning into United Square is it? Those condos that uses Newton Road such as Residences@Evelyn, Newton One, etc die lah. Always jammed along there. Dunern Road going into Newton circus the jam even worse.
PI drivers don't need to use Newton Road also can, they have another entrance/exit via Thomson Road. No jam there one. So, it is very clear that PI more superior to those Newton condos like Residences@Evelyn? (To be exact hor, Res@Evelyn actually is in URA "Novena planning area" lah, but the un-desirable area with no shopping and amenities around).

dmonddd
20-09-09, 00:16
my one cent comment.....cheers

Teddy bear - you may wish to de-hibernate as the market has changed in an irrationale manner. Visionary buyers seem to have died or disappeared from the world. We see the Y generation who like to take 'gambling ' position and end up losing big ttime

bargain hunter
20-09-09, 00:17
hey guys,

the drain no longer overflows like the days when i was a primary school boy anymore so that's quite ok already. :)

dmonddd
20-09-09, 00:21
teddy..my sigh to you

in most countries, most drain overflows due to increase in surrounding construction activities or new projects..good if the case now...future?

teddybear
20-09-09, 00:22
Newton circus and MRT station submerged and un-passable & un-usable already enough damage lah. These people living around Newton MRT station end up have to go to Novena MRT station to take train? (luckily Novena MRT station not beside big drain that will overflows when rain heavily). But drivers lagi jialat, cannot drive.

oops. You hv not checked out the landscape..newton road is lower.
I see you are not very familiar as an agent for newton/novena area.
Bukit = Hill

dmonddd
20-09-09, 00:28
teddy :confused:? :doh:
Newton circus and MRT station submerged and un-passable & un-usable already enough damage lah. These people living around Newton MRT station end up have to go to Novena MRT station to take train? (luckily Novena MRT station not beside big drain that will overflows when rain heavily). But drivers lagi jialat, cannot drive.

trump7
20-09-09, 00:29

I think nowadays Newton area is more like the place that "People passing through" but Novena is like "People come and gathering and settle", in terms of geographical & psychological point of view.
It is not only simply being near to amenities or not.

If you research the prices of the condos in both Newton area and novena area(only condos near Novena mrt), which are more than 3 years old, the price gaps between two area are certainly shrinking.
That means people are getting to want to live in Novena more and more because of convenience.
It makes a certain kind of unconscious trend, and I think this trend will be on for certain times.

Of course, at this moment the old prestigious name of "Newton road" is still on but sooner of later, it will become dimer.

dmonddd
20-09-09, 00:32
I think nowadays Newton area is more like the place that "People passing through" but Novena is like "People come and gathering and settle", in terms of geographical & psychological point of view.
It is not only simply being near to amenities or not.

If you research the prices of the condos in both Newton area and novena area(only condos near Novena mrt), which are more than 3 years old, the price gaps between two area are certainly shrinking.
That means people are getting to want to live in Novena more and more because of convenience.
It makes a certain kind of unconscious trend, and I think this trend will be on for certain times.

Of course, at this moment the old prestigious name of "Newton road" is still on but sooner of later, it will become dimer.

if that's the theory i see same in D9 and D10 as well
D11 is closest for HDB upgraders/mass market condo owners to afford

dmonddd
20-09-09, 00:38
If you research the prices of the condos in both Newton area and novena area(only condos near Novena mrt),

before you go further, which condos sit in newton area and which condos sit in Novena....by junction boundary; or agent telling us? or old folks who stay there ? or URA? even if URA say so, i'm sure the boundary will be drawen in the mind.

and back to buyers.....main topic of this condosingapore?
how savvy and informed are they? i dont claim to be the tops but hopefully i can be a rationale buyer with common sense. sigh still waiting..

teddybear
20-09-09, 00:41
:confused::o

if that's the theory i see same in D9 and D10 as well
D11 is closest for HDB upgraders/mass market condo owners to afford

teddybear
20-09-09, 00:44
Forumers here have discussed/debated that before lah! Eg comparing Park Infinia vs Residences@Evelyn (you were 1 of the participants. You sina already?)... :o

before you go further, which condos sit in newton area and which condos sit in Novena....by junction boundary; or agent telling us? or old folks who stay there ? or URA? even if URA say so, i'm sure the boundary will be drawen in the mind.

and back to buyers.....main topic of this condosingapore?
how savvy and informed are they? i dont claim to be the tops but hopefully i can be a rationale buyer with common sense. sigh still waiting..

dmonddd
20-09-09, 08:39
i believe those who stayed in condos would be able to understand that condos with >100 units are difficiult to manage in general.

cant imagine project with > 300 units

dmonddd
20-09-09, 08:50
Forumers here have discussed/debated that before lah! Eg comparing Park Infinia vs Residences@Evelyn (you were 1 of the participants. You sina already?)... :o

yes. but looks like your comments dont align with the dynamic environment.
I have to and most forum participants do.
like stock market, everythhing moves.
i note that some participants share my sentiments on teddy's comments.
air talk?

teddybear
20-09-09, 11:12
Don't seem to be a problem for people paying >$2000 psf eg for The Sail with >1000 units or >$1400 psf for Caribbean.

i believe those who stayed in condos would be able to understand that condos with >100 units are difficiult to manage in general.

cant imagine project with > 300 units

teddybear
20-09-09, 11:14
Fact is, I commented that transacted prices in recent 1 year show that PI is on par and some prices even higher than Res@Evelyn. This is the dynamic environment right? What other comments is not align?

yes. but looks like your comments dont align with the dynamic environment.
I have to and most forum participants do.
like stock market, everythhing moves.
i note that some participants share my sentiments on teddy's comments.
air talk?

dmonddd
20-09-09, 11:21
tough to talk to ppl who cant see colours. now i know why the prices are such.

sad for ppl like me who's looking for a condo.

andy
20-09-09, 13:13
tough to talk to ppl who cant see colours. now i know why the prices are such.

sad for ppl like me who's looking for a condo.

Tot you bought at R@E?

gemstone
20-09-09, 14:35
nowadays very scary to even think of viewing, all the asking prices sky high. :scared-4:

andy
20-09-09, 14:39
nowadays very scary to even think of viewing, all the asking prices sky high. :scared-4:

Why scared:scared-5: got to pay money to view meh?

Anyway just go to more than 3 years condos. Agents representing those "free until can hit mosquitos"

gemstone
20-09-09, 14:48
asking so high, even like the place also won't offer a price... scared offer too low, offend seller then no good. don't want to waste agent time to view also. :)

andy
20-09-09, 15:05
asking so high, even like the place also won't offer a price... scared offer too low, offend seller then no good. don't want to waste agent time to view also. :)

Hello, it's agent's job to conduct viewings. They are paid to do that job. If not everyone will want to be an agent. Just wait for cheques and collect 2%;)

Where got scared to offend seller leh? Are you related to the seller? Too low they don't sell lor....

Buyer's greatest nightmare is offering too high....................

gemstone
20-09-09, 15:18
most of the time buy things.. ask the price and if think reasonable then pay,

if too high, better walk away, don't need to waste time negotiating...

how will one feel if buy a bag of 1kg vegetables end up paying $50bucks?? :banghead:

andy
20-09-09, 15:24
if too high, better walk away, don't need to waste time negotiating...

Park Infinia?

gemstone
20-09-09, 15:30
PI their asking prices nowadays very high. R@E laggi high...

shortly after the recent property cooling measures, i thought can at least see lower asking prices, but no, the sellers become more 'hiong'... better step back for the time being... better avoid a raging bull :scared-4:

andy
20-09-09, 15:55
PI their asking prices nowadays very high. R@E laggi high...

shortly after the recent property cooling measures, i thought can at least see lower asking prices, but no, the sellers become more 'hiong'... better step back for the time being... better avoid a raging bull :scared-4:

Check their caveats. If they are asking significantly more than the caveats then good luck to them.

That's why developer's sales are hot. They are about the same $psf as resale and you only pay interest on 40% of the price until TOP.

dmonddd
20-09-09, 16:11
Tot you bought at R@E?

tough at current prices

andy
20-09-09, 16:16
tough at current prices
Wait for L'viv or Trilight in the next 2 months if you like Newton so much lah....It's more value for money:cool: since would be same asking price as R@E and 3 years later guarantee more than R@E:doh:

dmonddd
20-09-09, 16:18
been eyeing R@E but becoz of lower no of transactions, caveat psf far from asking psf. and valuer based valuation price at historical psf.

Park Inifnia difficult as developer launched project at 2 different psf.
every $100 psf difference translates into difference of $100k.
buyers have to be very savvy with the stacks.

home minister in past pushed hard for Park infinia....but she has since changed her mind.

dmonddd
20-09-09, 16:24
Wait for L'viv or Trilight in the next 2 months if you like Newton so much lah....It's more value for money:cool: since would be same asking price as R@E and 3 years later guarantee more than R@E:doh:

prefer to buy completed project..what you see (in showroom) is not what you get WYSINWYG

and if there's downturn again, rent can still cover installment.
and most expats prefer less congested condo....for exclusivity.

dmonddd
20-09-09, 16:27
rent partly cover installments also Ok

andy
20-09-09, 16:30
been eyeing R@E but becoz of lower no of transactions, caveat psf far from asking psf. and valuer based valuation price at historical psf.

Park Inifnia difficult as developer launched project at 2 different psf.
every $100 psf difference translates into difference of $100k.
buyers have to be very savvy with the stacks.

home minister in past pushed hard for Park infinia....but she has since changed her mind.

My honest opinion. Never buy from development whose owners not willing to sell (asking price >>> caveats price) These guys are just trying their luck but saw one today @ R@E for $14xxpsf asking......

Don't think Trilight will sell well beyond $1800psf and hence that will set the limit of the newton evelyn road pocket.

dmonddd
20-09-09, 16:37
My honest opinion. Never buy from development whose owners not willing to sell (asking price >>> caveats price) These guys are just trying their luck but saw one today @ R@E for $14xxpsf asking......

Don't think Trilight will sell well beyond $1800psf and hence that will set the limit of the newton evelyn road pocket.

thanks. will check it out.
last time i viewed, there were 10 ppl going in to view one unit.
some ppl have deep pockets. :beats-me-man:

duckweed
20-09-09, 18:11
finally, developer has finished selling the remaining 2 units. all sold now.

dmonddd
20-09-09, 22:46
i'm sure the prices for these units are much lower and better units.
developers hold on to units if they sense improving or better market.
> than a year TOP already.

very savvy buyers or probably these buyers are foreigners

bargain hunter
21-09-09, 00:00
do u know what price those final 2 units in stack 10 were sold for?

finally, developer has finished selling the remaining 2 units. all sold now.

Condorich
21-09-09, 04:01
Check their caveats. If they are asking significantly more than the caveats then good luck to them.

That's why developer's sales are hot. They are about the same $psf as resale and you only pay interest on 40% of the price until TOP.

When property prices are too high... many do prefer to go for under construction projects... as things should stablise by TOP or at least they can build up buffer during construction. Which translates to stronger holding power to ride out the lows.

When property prices are low and attractive, many do prefer to go for completed projects near MRT and preferably FH...never mind if there are no tenants. A lot of difference a quarter or a year makes.

However, there are two other groups.. never mind what ever prices, just buy as they are rich and lastly, the stupid fools.

duckweed
23-09-09, 08:45
do u know what price those final 2 units in stack 10 were sold for?
i only know that 13-10 was sold for 2.5m. not sure about the other.

bargain hunter
23-09-09, 10:01
thanks for info. hmm 1479psf for 13-10...

i only know that 13-10 was sold for 2.5m. not sure about the other.

gemstone
24-09-09, 22:35
From the site plan, I noticed that most of the PI units are facing direct sun..., like to ask how do the residents cope with it? :scared-5:

carpel
25-09-09, 09:20
From the site plan, I noticed that most of the PI units are facing direct sun..., like to ask how do the residents cope with it? :scared-5:

Why not ? Have you not heard of tainted windows that block out ultra violet rays ? Anyway, most of the units are on rental and the marjority of the expats ( ang mo especially) do not mind the sun at all...

duckweed
26-09-09, 20:02

i didn't bother with any film, just good curtains. just checked this morning.... with both day and night curtains drawn on the side facing east, my living room (which gets direct morning sun) is still pretty cool. can't comment on the bedrooms as we sleep with aircon on.

no idea about afternoon sun though, as i only get abit of this in the kitchen and my dining area planter.

Reporter
29-09-09, 18:19
wow...thanks bargainhunter. You really know your way round the place. you sounds like you are staying in Park infinia. cheers

I wish I was staying there (buying at 1st launch prices of course). I did visit the showflat then with my friend and noticed the benfit of the big land area development having 2 entry/exits and multiple road entrances which led to the main entrance. My friend bought one of the lowest psf units and flipped out for a more than 60% profit. I had no money then and still do not have enough if prices remain where they are now hee.
Your friend must be a millionaire since then.

Have you bought any unit in PI?

richardsng_era
07-10-09, 21:36
Dear all,

My clients from overseas are coming to Singapore on Mid October to invest in private residential properties. Park Infinia is one of their choice condo.

Their requirements are as follows:

1) 2 bedrooms or smaller;
2) Regular shaped interior;
3) Attractive pricing;
4) Floor Plan required;
5) Interior photos provided will be wonderful

Call me at +65-92993342 or email property details including floor plan & interior pictures to [email protected] before Thursday, 8 Oct 2009 3pm.

patricia
08-10-09, 09:52
richard, u should go and f*** your m*****. Spoilt all the thread with you stupid f*** advertisement:tongue3:

teddybear
08-10-09, 12:54
Your clients rich or not? Why they only like 2 bedrooms or smaller? Why not specify size of unit instead as some 2 bedrooms may be as big as 12xx sqft?

Dear all,

My clients from overseas are coming to Singapore on Mid October to invest in private residential properties. Park Infinia is one of their choice condo.

Their requirements are as follows:

1) 2 bedrooms or smaller;
2) Regular shaped interior;
3) Attractive pricing;
4) Floor Plan required;
5) Interior photos provided will be wonderful

Call me at +65-92993342 or email property details including floor plan & interior pictures to [email protected] before Thursday, 8 Oct 2009 3pm.

Reporter
08-10-09, 13:06
Your clients rich or not? Why they only like 2 bedrooms or smaller? Why not specify size of unit instead as some 2 bedrooms may be as big as 12xx sqft?
You have a question for him?
I also have a question for you.

Are you willing to be part of his prospect/customer database after this database-building exercise?
If yes, then it doesn't matter if he really have any potential buyers. You just need to reply him and be in the database.
If no, then ...

Property_Owner
08-10-09, 13:24
richard, u should go and f*** your m*****. Spoilt all the thread with you stupid f*** advertisement:tongue3:

why so angry? u sold ur PI @ loss?

Reporter
08-10-09, 13:47
why so angry? u sold ur PI @ loss?
More like loss of customers due to rival's database-building exercise?

teddybear
08-10-09, 14:54
Ok to be in the database but must recommend good customers lah, and don't bombard us with lousy deals. :cheers1:

You have a question for him?
I also have a question for you.

Are you willing to be part of his prospect/customer database after this database-building exercise?
If yes, then it doesn't matter if he really have any potential buyers. You just need to reply him and be in the database.
If no, then ...

Reporter
16-11-09, 09:09
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/mast_home.gif
Foreign property buyers go outside prime areas
Districts 9, 10 and 15 still rule, but Novena, Jurong, Balestier pick up
Joyce Teo
The Straits Times
Monday, 16 November 2009

http://business.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/business/11Nov09/images/20091115.205853_property.jpg
Savills said district 12 - which includes the Balestier (pictured), Serangoon and Toa Payoh areas - has emerged as one of the top new choices among foreigners this year. -- Photo: ST

Foreign property investors are venturing out of traditional prime areas to snap up homes in other parts of the island.

A new study has found overseas buyers have become keen on district 12, which includes the Balestier area and which is associated with karaoke bars and lighting shops.

A Savills Singapore study found that districts 9, 10 and 15 have remained the top spots for foreign buyers over the past three years.

District 9 includes the Orchard and River Valley areas; 15 covers Katong, Joo Chiat and Amber Road, and 10 includes the posh Ardmore area, and the Bukit Timah, Holland Road and Tanglin neighbourhoods.

Districts 11 and 22 have become more popular thanks to the higher number of launches there, Savills said.

In the past three years, there have been at least 30 major launches in district 11 – Novena and Thomson – alone, including Viva, Park Infinia at Wee Nam, and Miro at Lincoln Road.

District 22 – it is centred on Jurong – has hosted launches of The Centris, The Caspian and The Lakeshore.

Savills said district 12, which includes the Balestier, Serangoon and Toa Payoh areas, has emerged as one of the top new choices among foreigners this year.

Its new projects include The Arte, Trevista, Vista Residences, Nova 48, Nova 88 and Domus.

‘These city-fringe projects are near to the city and yet relatively more affordable compared to core central projects,’ said Savills’ senior manager of research and consultancy, Ms Christine Sun.

Consultants say that in district 12, average prices have been lower, at about $900 psf compared with the over $1,000 psf that Novena, only a few hundred metres away, can fetch. However, the gap is closing, partly due to district 12’s increased popularity as well as the small units offered which have a higher per unit asking price.

A closer look at the sales data from the three most popular districts of 9, 15 and 10 shows that most of the foreign buyers came from Malaysia, Indonesia, mainland China and India.

In fact, they accounted for 73.9% of total foreign private property purchases in the first nine months, compared with 59.1% for the whole of 2007 when the market was booming.

A lot of foreigners came to Singapore to buy back then.

Many of the high net-worth buyers from Europe, Russia and elsewhere have not quite returned, property experts said.

But Malaysian buyer numbers have risen by 10% this year compared with 2007, although Indonesian investor numbers have fallen by 4%.

Mainland Chinese buyers are also up 7.4%, while Indian buyers rose 1.1%.

A recent Savills study showed that foreigners, especially those from China, were returning to the market.

Foreigners formed about 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter – above the 19.7% average since the start of 2000.

‘Malaysians and Indonesians prefer prime districts 9 and 10, which tend to be higher-priced projects,’ said Ms Sun.

She added that mainland Chinese and Indian buyers bought more homes in the city fringe and outside of central regions, such as districts 15, 16, 18 and 22.

The properties in these regions tend to be relatively less pricey and more mass market.

Western buyers, including those from Australia, Britain and the United States, tend to congregate in certain districts, such as districts 9, 10 and 15.

The Japanese prefer district 9, while the Koreans are keen on districts 9 and 10, as well as 16, which includes Bedok and Upper East Coast.
District 9 has the highest concentration of foreign buyers, at 31%.

The other top districts popular with foreigners had a proportion of between 19 and 25%.

teddybear
09-12-09, 19:23
Recent transacted prices show interesting trend of shift from Newton to Novena in popularity & prices:

Nov 2009's Park Infinia transacted prices:

Project Name http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27PROJECT_NAME%27%29;) Street Name http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27STREET_NAME%27%29;) Type http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27PROPERTY_TYPE%27%29;) No. of Units http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27COVER%27%29;) Price
($) http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27PRICE%27%29;) Land/
Floor Area (Sqft) http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27FLOOR_LAND_AREA_SQF%27%29;) Type of Area http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27LOT_TYPE%27%29;) Unit Price ($psf) http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27PRICE_PSF%27%29;) Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signed http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27CONTRACT_DATE%27%29;)
PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,384,150 893 Strata 1,549 Nov-09
PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,442,195 893 Strata 1,614 Nov-09
PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,378,000 850 Strata 1,620 Nov-09
PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,625,000 1,001 Strata 1,623 Nov-09
PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,650,000 1,001 Strata 1,648 Nov-09
PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,720,000 1,130 Strata 1,522 Nov-09

Nov & Oct 2009's Residences@Evelyn transacted prices:

RESIDENCES @ EVELYN EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,600,000 1,109 Strata 1,443 Nov-09
RESIDENCES @ EVELYN EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,450,000 1,109 Strata 1,308 Oct-09

Wild Falcon
09-12-09, 20:39
That is because Novena area has lots of new launches specialising in tiny units (e.g. Lincoln Suites) at around $1700psf while the more upmarket Newton has been rather quiet recently. The new launches have a tendency to bring up the price of the area. This is a rather mediocre project with mediocre finishing. Lots of construction nearby as well which will go on for the next 5 years. The whole Novena area is very cramped. Frankly at close to 1700psf, should avoid this project as there are more value buys nearby.

teddybear
09-12-09, 20:42
Which are the more value buys near by? Care to share? :)

That is because Novena area has lots of new launches specialising in tiny units (e.g. Lincoln Suites) at around $1700psf while the more upmarket Newton has been rather quiet recently. The new launches have a tendency to bring up the price of the area. This is a rather mediocre project with mediocre finishing. Lots of construction nearby as well which will go on for the next 5 years. The whole Novena area is very cramped. Frankly at close to 1700psf, should avoid this project as there are more value buys nearby.

andy
09-12-09, 21:07
Which are the more value buys near by? Care to share? :)

I was thinking about Lincoln Residences nearby. But I have yet to view this. Any thoughts?

teddybear
09-12-09, 21:57
Feel that the estate is too small and blocked on almost all sides. Ok for the location if a person don't mind that there is no view and others can easily look into your windows.

I was thinking about Lincoln Residences nearby. But I have yet to view this. Any thoughts?

teddybear
09-12-09, 22:40
Actually, around Newton MRT station also have Trilight currently on sale but pretty few units transacted and at lower prices than for example Lincoln Suites. Seem that nearby L'Viv is going to be launched soon. These new launches doesn't seem to help to bring up the prices of nearby estates like Residences @ Evelyn, Newton One, Newton 18, etc. Talk of crampy, those near Newton MRT station already lots of projects facing each other and built close-by as well (if that is the definition of crampy). Don't think this area is considered more 'up-market' though (judging by the price actions and sales).

andy
09-12-09, 23:12

Those who have bought 1000sqft unit @ LS @ $1700psf will likely benefit more in the mid term than those buying Trilight.

bargain hunter
16-12-09, 12:22
In last sat's classifieds, a premium 2002 sq ft 4 bedroom apartment is asking for 7.8k in rental. This is the harsh reality of the rental market.

Reporter
16-12-09, 13:08
Recent transacted prices show interesting trend of shift from Newton to Novena in popularity & prices:

Nov 2009's Park Infinia transacted prices:

Park Infinia at Wee Nam
Address ........................... psf ................. Area ........... Price .............. Contract Date
6A Lincoln Road #11-16 .... $1,549 psf ........ 893 sqft .... $1,384,000 ..... 20 Nov 09
6A Lincoln Road #31-16 .... $1,614 psf ........ 893 sqft .... $1,442,000 ..... 19 Nov 09
6A Lincoln Road #31-13 .... $1,620 psf ........ 850 sqft .... $1,378,000 ..... 16 Nov 09
2A Lincoln Road #06-09 .... $1,623 psf ..... 1,001 sqft .... $1,625,000 ....... 6 Nov 09
2A Lincoln Road #13-09 .... $1,648 psf ... 1,001 sqft .... $1,650,000 ....... 6 Nov 09
2A Lincoln Road #09-04 .... $1,522 psf ..... 1,130 sqft .... $1,720,000 ..... 4 Nov 09

Interesting observation!
If what you suggested is true, then those vested in Novena must be smiling now.
Let's see if this trend continue.

bargain hunter
16-12-09, 13:21
2 bedrooms asking $4.4k in rental. let's see how the high prices can be justified in the next 2 years. :D

Property_Owner
14-01-10, 12:38
just heard a stack 4 done above 1750psf:doh:

Reporter
14-01-10, 22:06
Above $1,750 psf?

Higher than $1,715 psf?

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of June 2007

Project Name ............. Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Park Infinia at Wee Nam . CCR ....... 434 ...................... 22 .......................... 1,715 ........... 1,431 ........... 1,261

bargain hunter
16-01-10, 20:08
"At a Colliers International auction on Jan 21, a brand new 3,143 sq ft penthouse at Orange Grove Residences completed in July last year will be put up for mortgagee sale with an indicative price of $5.3m to $5.5m or 1,686psf to 1,750psf. According to a caveat lodged with URA, the owner had purchased the property in a sub-sale in July 2007 for close to $7.4m or 2,350psf. The most recent transaction of a penthouse in the same project was for a 3,671 sq ft unit in another block. It was sold by the developer for $7.34m or 2,000psf in August last year."

Property Owner, you keen?

wonder why people buy PI at >1750psf when you may be able to get a Orange Grove address at 17xxpsf?

teddybear
16-01-10, 20:16
What is so great about Orange Grove hah? So far from MRT lei, yet it is just beside a major road and not exclusive enough. In conclusion, a NOT exclusive and NOT convenient location. :p

"At a Colliers International auction on Jan 21, a brand new 3,143 sq ft penthouse at Orange Grove Residences completed in July last year will be put up for mortgagee sale with an indicative price of $5.3m to $5.5m or 1,686psf to 1,750psf. According to a caveat lodged with URA, the owner had purchased the property in a sub-sale in July 2007 for close to $7.4m or 2,350psf. The most recent transaction of a penthouse in the same project was for a 3,671 sq ft unit in another block. It was sold by the developer for $7.34m or 2,000psf in August last year."

Property Owner, you keen?

wonder why people buy PI at >1750psf when you may be able to get a Orange Grove address at 17xxpsf?

Property_Owner
16-01-10, 20:30
What is so great about Orange Grove hah? So far from MRT lei, yet it is just beside a major road and not exclusive enough. In conclusion, a NOT exclusive and NOT convenient location. :p

That location not good. I dun know why but to me it's neither here or there. This is like another Hillcrest to me.

bargain hunter
16-01-10, 20:57
Personally, I don't like the location either but still feel the psf should logically be higher than PI...(ang mor logic maybe?) I think I would compare it more to Duchess Residences than Hillcrest Villas. The design of this condo is very similar to Duchess Residences in some ways. Can't wait to find out what will happen to the Duchess buyers who bought a similar penthouse or a "unique" Garden Mansionette then at 2000 to 2100psf. :D

That location not good. I dun know why but to me it's neither here or there. This is like another Hillcrest to me.

bargain hunter
16-01-10, 21:00
and I also wonder why The Orange Grove which I think is even nearer to the main road is able to sell some units at 2300psf. :doh: I guess these supposedly "exclusive" developments will have their own fans but probably not locals like us.

teddybear
17-01-10, 10:48
May be because The Orange Grove being nearer the main road is more convenient than Orange Grove Residences? Some people only pay more for conveniences while others may be willing to pay more for exclusiveness (but I believe only GCBs is exclusive in Singapore, the rest aren't).

and I also wonder why The Orange Grove which I think is even nearer to the main road is able to sell some units at 2300psf. :doh: I guess these supposedly "exclusive" developments will have their own fans but probably not locals like us.

teddybear
17-01-10, 10:51
Why should Orange Grove have higher psf than PI when firstly it is not convenient as far from shopping and eateries and far from MRT station (vs PI being very convenient as near a few shopping malls with many eateries & shops etc and near MRT station) and secondly it is not exclusive (no exclusiveness premium)? Based on these 2 conditions and the fact that both are in CCR and close to Orchard, may be the market forces is telling us that PI is better than Orange Grove?

Personally, I don't like the location either but still feel the psf should logically be higher than PI...(ang mor logic maybe?) I think I would compare it more to Duchess Residences than Hillcrest Villas. The design of this condo is very similar to Duchess Residences in some ways. Can't wait to find out what will happen to the Duchess buyers who bought a similar penthouse or a "unique" Garden Mansionette then at 2000 to 2100psf. :D

august
17-01-10, 14:00
May be because The Orange Grove being nearer the main road is more convenient than Orange Grove Residences? Some people only pay more for conveniences while others may be willing to pay more for exclusiveness (but I believe only GCBs is exclusive in Singapore, the rest aren't).
sentosa cove is also exclusive, very exclusive ~ :)

teddybear
17-01-10, 15:53
Exclusive yes, but also extremely inconvenient. Old people who may need emergency medical treatment better avoid (because will die even before getting out of Sentosa in medical emergency). :banghead:
Nowsdays even before IR open the entry and exit to Sentosa is already quite jammed up.

sentosa cove is also exclusive, very exclusive ~ :)

dmonddd
17-01-10, 18:44
rent $ prices the property price. simple theory. compare toapayoh condo versus PI. :doh:

teddybear
17-01-10, 19:16
What is the rental of Toa Payoh condo & which condo is that? Frankly speaking, PI rental yield not too high lah. May be too because too many units in there (macam like ECs). Been there before and found the place too crowded (eg swimming pool too many people and despite the big pool is really insufficient to accomodate so many people).

rent $ prices the property price. simple theory. compare toapayoh condo versus PI. :doh:

Property_Owner
18-01-10, 11:11
Exclusive yes, but also extremely inconvenient. Old people who may need emergency medical treatment better avoid (because will die even before getting out of Sentosa in medical emergency). :banghead:
Nowsdays even before IR open the entry and exit to Sentosa is already quite jammed up.

Hey, dun scare me leh. I'm a old man staying there with a weak heart. :scared-4:

august
18-01-10, 12:37

aiya in time to come they will have specialised medical centre bestest in Spore!

teddybear
18-01-10, 18:52
Sure, why not? If I manage Parkway, I will open 1 bestest hospital in Sentosa and charge the rich there 5x of what they charge on the mainland (either they pay or die). They sure pay one because since they are so rich their live more valuable mah!

aiya in time to come they will have specialised medical centre bestest in Spore!

teddybear
18-01-10, 18:55
Ops, didn't know you live in Sentosa. Yes Boss! Exercise more and you will have strong heart! Otherwise, too much hassle to get out (just like crossing the Causeway). ;)

Hey, dun scare me leh. I'm a old man staying there with a weak heart. :scared-4:

andy
02-03-10, 21:23
New high

2A Lincoln Road #23-XX
$1710psf
$2503k
12 Feb 10

dmonddd
13-03-10, 06:04
wonder how's the upkeep since majority shifted in?
noise pollution? improved?

dormer
06-04-10, 14:16
PI hit new high again

$1,782psf
1582sqft
#24-12
22 Mar 2010

The previous owner bought on 05th Feb 2010 and flip on 22nd March 2010 to make a profit of $340K. Not a bad deal for 1 month+ effort.

The owner who sold this unit in Feb must be :banghead: now.

teddybear
06-04-10, 14:29
The buyer of this unit hor, don't understand why pay so much for a not so good stack (even though high floor)? :scared-2:
A major part of the view will be blocked by Viva 2 years down the road.
Nevertheless, it seems that PI prices even for lousy stack has now surpassed Residences@Evelyn. The market has concurred with my view that PI is better than R@E and hence the price of PI has now surpassed R@E due to demand.

PI hit new high again

$1,782psf
1582sqft
#24-12
22 Mar 2010

The previous owner bought on 05th Feb 2010 and flip on 22nd March 2010 to make a profit of $340K. Not a bad deal for 1 month+ effort.

The owner who sold this unit in Feb must be :banghead: now.

dormer
06-04-10, 15:39
The buyer of this unit hor, don't understand why pay so much for a not so good stack (even though high floor)? :scared-2:
A major part of the view will be blocked by Viva 2 years down the road.
Nevertheless, it seems that PI prices even for lousy stack has now surpassed Residences@Evelyn. The market has concurred with my view that PI is better than R@E and hence the price of PI has now surpassed R@E due to demand.

Are you sure stack 12 will be blocked by VIVA? I thought only the last block (stack14,15,16) can be blocked because they are much closer to the VIVA plot.

teddybear
06-04-10, 17:16
If I did not remember wrongly, stack 11-16 all either partially or fully blocked by Viva.

Are you sure stack 12 will be blocked by VIVA? I thought only the last block (stack14,15,16) can be blocked because they are much closer to the VIVA plot.

dormer
06-04-10, 17:25
If I did not remember wrongly, stack 11-16 all either partially or fully blocked by Viva.

I really doubt that stack 12 will be blocked. Buyer are not stupid to pay$1,782psf for a block view unit at PI. Anybody can verify?

teddybear
07-04-10, 00:05
What do you call buyer who paid $900k ($170k COV) for a Bishan 14(+?) years old HDB flat? :banghead:

I really doubt that stack 12 will be blocked. Buyer are not stupid to pay$1,782psf for a block view unit at PI. Anybody can verify?

proud owner
07-04-10, 00:10

nobody knew the seaview at east coast will be blocked ...years lately by another project by some HK developer right ??

jwong71
07-04-10, 00:11
What do you call buyer who paid $900k ($170k COV) for a Bishan 14(+?) years old HDB flat? :banghead:
a genuine buyer,for ownstay. that dont matter if he overpaying for it. if he can afford it and love.

duckweed
07-04-10, 00:42
stack 12 has the best layout amongst all the 3bedders in PI. compared with tower 2A, tower 6 will have more blockage towards the left. but the left side of the view is not pretty to begin with, so not much loss, i think.

dmonddd
23-04-10, 13:15
everyone is missing the point and discriminating on projects.

look at orchard area...buyers are still buying condos knowing the buildings surrounding the projects. HK - any issue with the blocked views?

Face the reality good areas/sought after projects are expected to have other developers building new buildings in vicinity

ginseng1
24-04-10, 13:01

This forum is only for those who are buying houses in PI and in Newton area.

Why are you mentioning HDB flat? HDB heartlanders are a different class.

Localite
24-04-10, 13:45
This forum is only for those who are buying houses in PI and in Newton area.

Why are you mentioning HDB flat? HDB heartlanders are a different class.

I think his point was that the perceived value is really in the eyes of the beholder. If someone can pay that much for a HDB flat, that can explain how another can pay 1700+ psf for PI even though it may be blocked later by Viva. :cool:

Reporter
03-06-10, 01:15
Park Infinia at Wee Nam has a nëw hïgh of $1,799 psf!

Park Infinia at Wee Nam
Address ....................... psf ............... Area ........ Price ............. Contract Date
6A Lincoln Road #21-13 .... $1,799 psf .... 850 sqft .... $1,530,000 .... 17 May 10

teddybear
03-06-10, 11:39
The average transacted price of PI has now surpassed Residences@Evelyn! What a big difference this 1.5 years made! in the whole of 2009, PI was transacting at an average of something like <$1300 psf while R@E was transacting like average $1500 psf.

Park Infinia at Wee Nam has a nëw hïgh of $1,799 psf!

Park Infinia at Wee Nam
Address ....................... psf ............... Area ........ Price ............. Contract Date
6A Lincoln Road #21-13 .... $1,799 psf .... 850 sqft .... $1,530,000 .... 17 May 10

dmonddd
07-06-10, 14:14
R@E less than half the units in PI. stay in PI then stay in R@E, u may note the major diff.

dmonddd
07-06-10, 14:18
850 sq ft
R@E doesnt hv this small area

smaller the unit, the higher the psf

dmonddd
07-06-10, 14:19
RESIDENCES @ EVELYN EVELYN ROADCondominium12,110,8501,141Strata1,850Apr-10
apr R@E $ higher.....not many units for sale? versus PI

dmonddd
07-06-10, 14:23
$2,110,850 for 1141sqft at $1850psf april 2010
from ura. table out when you cut and paste

andy
07-07-10, 23:09
new high at PI

$1840psf 1582sqft $2.895m

bargain hunter
08-07-10, 00:06
1830psf :)

new high at PI

proud owner
08-07-10, 00:11
new high at PI

either numbers wrong or your calculator needs kerosene refill

dmonddd
20-07-10, 21:19
what about the drain....was it flooded or overflow? more worried about the basement.

R@E was ok because higher than newton road. cars not covered by insurance.

aiyo my earlier mention many months back abt drain overflowing happened..sigh.how i wish that i can strike toto this week by saying i will strike.

teddybear
02-08-10, 11:21
Flood prone areas in Singapore (As at July 2010)

Admiralty Road West near Sembawang Shipyard
Alexandra Road/ Jervois Road/ Bishopsgate Road
Amber Road/ East Coast Road
Beach Road (Central Police Division’s Staff Quarters and St John’s Headquarters)
Bedok South Road
Benoi Sector
Bukit Timah Rd/Wilby Road
Cantonment Link/ Keppel Road
Chin Cheng Ave
Clover Park Estate (near the playground)
Commonwealth Ave/ Commonwealth Drive/ Queensway
CTE near Slip Road to Moulmein Road
Delta Road/ River Valley Road/ Delta Avenue
Farnborough Road
Farrer Park Area (includes Thomson Road/ Derbyshire Road)
First Lok Yang Road / International Road/ Benoi Road
Frankel Avenue/ Siglap Plain/ La Salle Street
Hong Kah Area
Indus Road
Jalan Besar Area
Jalan Haji Alias/ Coronation Road West
Jalan Mashor
Jalan Mat Jambol
Jalan Seaview
Jalan Ulu Seletar
Jurong Port Road
Kim Tian Road/ Tiong Bahru Road
King George’s Avenue (People’s Association HQ)
Langsat Road Area
Leng Kee Road
Lorong Buangkok
Lorong Chuan (St Gabriel's Primary School)
Lorong H Telok Kurau
Lower Delta Road/ Alexandra Road
Lowland Road
Margaret Drive/ Tanglin Road
Meng Suan Road
Mountbatten Road/ Meyer Road/ Fort Road/ Arthur Road/ Margate Road/ Ramsgate Road/ Rose Lane/ Dunman Road Area
Nee Soon Road
Neo Pee Teck Lane
Newton Road/ Lincoln Road/ Surrey Road
Old Lim Chu Kang Road/Jalan Murai
Puay Hee Avenue
Second Chin Bee Road
Service Road off Tampines Road (near Jalan Teliti)
Stevens Road/ Balmoral Road
Umar Pulavar Tamil Language Centre off Beatty Road
Upper East Coast Road/ Bayshore Road
Upper Hokkien Street/ Upper Pickering Street/ South Bridge Road/ Spring Street/ Sago Lane
Upper Thomson Road / Jln Keli
Viking Road
Waterloo Street/ Albert Street/ Bencoolen Street/ Prinsep Street

Condorich
02-09-10, 16:49
When property prices are too high... many do prefer to go for under construction projects... as things should stablise by TOP or at least they can build up buffer during construction. Which translates to stronger holding power to ride out the lows.

When property prices are low and attractive, many do prefer to go for completed projects near MRT and preferably FH...never mind if there are no tenants. A lot of difference a quarter or a year makes.

However, there are two other groups.. never mind what ever prices, just buy as they are rich and lastly, the stupid fools.

Do we see any stupid fools around here? No right?

devilplate
02-09-10, 17:08
Do we see any stupid fools around here? No right?

i said b4....by the fact tat we noe how to visit forums....checking streetsine...oredi consider savvy...

many auntie/uncle buy ppty purely based on hearsay....my fren say good wor...buy buy buy

Lord Anus
02-09-10, 20:20
everyone is missing the point and discriminating on projects.

look at orchard area...buyers are still buying condos knowing the buildings surrounding the projects. HK - any issue with the blocked views?

Face the reality good areas/sought after projects are expected to have other developers building new buildings in vicinity

Newton Suites 3 bedroom stacks got no blocked view leh.. if anything, it looks like permanent unblocked view of bungalows and landed estates all the way to bukit timah hill. and newton suites 3 bedders selling cheaper than park infinia 3 bedder.

only thing is, newton suites land area is small and no tennis court. and also is apartment status, not condo status, if these things matter much to you.

exclusivity is another thing, 115 units versus PI 686 units.

teddybear
09-11-10, 15:39
- Sure, unblocked view with unblocked full blown West sun, can BBQ in living room using the sun rays in afternoon. :doh:
- Have full facilities & no full facilities should make a lot of difference in prices! It may not be reflected now but soon will as the property ages.

Newton Suites 3 bedroom stacks got no blocked view leh.. if anything, it looks like permanent unblocked view of bungalows and landed estates all the way to bukit timah hill. and newton suites 3 bedders selling cheaper than park infinia 3 bedder.

only thing is, newton suites land area is small and no tennis court. and also is apartment status, not condo status, if these things matter much to you.

exclusivity is another thing, 115 units versus PI 686 units.

phantom_opera
04-06-13, 14:34
huat ah !!!

2013-05-20 #XX-XX 1,464 2,070psf 2006-02-06 969psf $1,611,864 2,660 11

reporter2
05-10-17, 11:57
Park Infinia at Wee Nam penthouse sold at $2.7 mil profit

By Angela Teo / EdgeProp | October 1, 2017

After a holding period of more than 12 years, the seller of a 3,240 sq ft, four-bedroom penthouse at Park Infinia at Wee Nam made a $2.71 million (113%) profit, or 6.4% a year.

The previous owner bought the two-level penthouse from developer Keppel Land at $2.4 million ($741 psf) in August 2005, before Park Infinia at Wee Nam was officially launched in October 2005. He sold it to a Singaporean buyer for $5.1 million ($1,577 psf) on Sept 15. The transaction marks the highest profit at Park Infinia at Wee Nam in 2017, based on the matching of URA caveat data.

Since its completion in 2008, there have been seven profitable transactions and no unprofitable ones for units larger than 3,000 sq ft at Park Infinia at Wee Nam. Profits ranged from $850,000 to $2.71 million. All seven units were located on the 29th floor.

So far this year, Park Infinia at Wee Nam has seen 21 profitable and three unprofitable transactions. While profits ranged from $8,400 for a one-bedroom unit on the 27th floor to $2.71 million for a four-bedroom penthouse on the 29th floor, losses were between $60,000 for a three-bedroom unit on the 21st level and $152,000 for a one-bedroom unit on the 31st level.

Located on Lincoln Road, the 486-unit Park Infinia at Wee Nam was one of the largest condominiums in the Newton area when it was launched in October 2005. The condo has 30- and 36-storey towers that house one-to four-bedroom units as well as penthouses. Units measure 560 to 3,315 sq ft. According to Keppel Land, the freehold condo was fully sold in 2009.

Park Infinia at Wee Nam is located within walking distance of United Square Shopping Mall and within a 1km radius of St Joseph’s Institution Junior.

On Mimosa Road in Serangoon, a 2,153 sq ft unit on the ninth floor at Mimosa Park was sold at more than triple its purchase price. The Mimosa Park unit was purchased in December 2005 at $600,000 ($279 psf), and sold on Sept 19 to a Singaporean buyer at $1.87 million ($869 psf). This translates into a $1.27 million (212%) profit.

Developed by Bukit Sembawang Estates, the 175-unit Mimosa Park was completed in 1979. Besides 144 condo units, the freehold development also consists of 31 strata landed homes.

Meanwhile, the seller of a 1,453 sq ft unit at 8 @ Mount Sophia made a $270,000 (12%) loss. The third-floor unit was bought for $2.31 million ($1,590 psf) in March 2012, and sold at $2.04 million ($1,404 psf) on Sept 14. This works out to a loss of about 2% a year over a holding period of 5½ years.

The 313-unit 8 @ Mount Sophia has seen two profitable and eight unprofitable transactions thus far in 2017. Profits were between $33,300 for a 1,442 sq ft unit on the fourth floor and $923,688 for a 1,464 sq ft unit on the eighth floor. Losses were lodged at $153,000 and $270,000 for a 1,464 sq ft unit on the eighth floor and a 1,453 sq ft unit on the third floor respectively.

8 @ Mount Sophia led the revitalisation of the Mount Sophia area in District 9 when it was launched and fully sold by Frasers Centrepoint in November 2002. Located within walking distance of the Dhoby Ghaut MRT interchange and Plaza Singapura, the 103-year leasehold condo is near St Margaret’s Primary School.

https://dkc9trqgco1sw.cloudfront.net/s3fs-public/editorial/sg/2017/09/28/GainsLosses/Top%2010%20gains%20and%20losses%20from%20Sept%2012%20to%2019%20small.png