PDA

View Full Version : Park Infinia (D11, Freehold, Keppel Homes)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

chosen1
12-03-09, 23:56
Went there 2 weeks ago, selling @ $1250 psf. Fully furnished showflat, NS facing, supposedly no blockage of views.

Was told it was sold, but agent refused to disclose the price.

$1250 psf, steep or reasonable?

Let me try to answer that,
early May i was offered a unit @1500psf. IF now after credit crisis the price is 1250psf, i would say it doesnt interest me :tsk-tsk:
i guess it depends on the "fully furnished" part. if its filled with high quality goods, furniture, appliances then perhaps its a good offer.

what do others think?

qwertyuiop
13-03-09, 10:26
Is the showflat that was sold a 2bedder at stack 7? Can't rem if it's #23. Visited that showflat previously (Jan 2009) and was told by tt agent it cost $200k for ID and all:scared-4: . Well, it doesn't look even $100k worth to me or the agent was bull-crapping or maybe I just dunno how to appreciate the decor:beats-me-man: . But the price had reduced after the recent revision and it's still over-priced to me. If it's $1250psf for the 1001sqft, I have better options.

Just my 2 cents :)

Went there 2 weeks ago, selling @ $1250 psf. Fully furnished showflat, NS facing, supposedly no blockage of views.

ozoc_79
13-03-09, 19:34

It is stack 7 and #24. The agent had said it was worth $1500 psf the week before I visited the showflat. So he's implying that developer had already cut $250k and even showed me the price list.:doh:

the decor, reno and furnishings are not of high quality, when we asked how much it would cost without the furniture, he said most prob minus off $30k?!:scared-5:

Well apparently someone found it worthwhile and had bought the unit immediately that day.:scared-5:

Just wondering what you guys might think would be a reasonable price at this point of time? Am speculating there might be a further drop in price given the current economic situation. (Although the agent said "since that showflat was sold at $1250psf, the other units might be asking for the same price".):doh:

gfoo
13-03-09, 20:29
i like PI@WN. it was one that i was shortlisting. the empty plot of land at newton has huge development potential and is the logical expansion of orchard if it doesn't form its own nexus. the only prob is that it will take quite a bit of time to vest, since nothing's been announced yet.

ahlahdin
14-03-09, 02:51
i like PI@WN. it was one that i was shortlisting. the empty plot of land at newton has huge development potential and is the logical expansion of orchard if it doesn't form its own nexus. the only prob is that it will take quite a bit of time to vest, since nothing's been announced yet.

Lincoln Rd is too congested.

My preference would be Residences@Evelyn, L'viv by Wing Tai, or the new condos on the former Gilstead View site or Elmira Heights site. Much easier road access and better views as well, as they overlook acres of sprawling landed properties. Population density will be lower hence more exclusive.

Can you imagine Lincoln Rd and Keng lee Rd during the weekends, with kiasu parents from all over Singapore clogging up the area around United Square driving their precious kids to enrichment classes.

dragonred
26-03-09, 22:04
PI prices at 1250 are still 30% higher than where they where before the 2007 lift-off. Most of the transactions at launch occurred around 800-900 range, if not lower. The dam will break when the first sale occurs below 1000. So, hold on. Long way to go. We don't lose anything by waiting.

dmonddd
28-03-09, 02:19
PI prices at 1250 are still 30% higher than where they where before the 2007 lift-off. Most of the transactions at launch occurred around 800-900 range, if not lower. The dam will break when the first sale occurs below 1000. So, hold on. Long way to go. We don't lose anything by waiting.
Agree. but one of my frens who is into property mentioned about there shld be a price difference between newton and novena properties. if anyone is buying PI, he might as well go for Balestier/thomson condos.

isaaclim
28-03-09, 08:23
Agree. but one of my frens who is into property mentioned about there shld be a price difference between newton and novena properties. if anyone is buying PI, he might as well go for Balestier/thomson condos.

Do you know PI is the FH condo that have largest land size in all prime district?

If PI reach 800psf, Balestier projects will have to go below 600psf.

HP65
28-03-09, 08:55
Do you know PI is the FH condo that have largest land size in all prime district?

You are right. Balestier indeed is worth looking at only if its $650 and below. That's why those who bought Arte....good luck. And PI/ Novena area can go down to ~ $800+ psf. One of my freehold property in Novena was bought for $750 psf just a few years back.

isaaclim
28-03-09, 09:08
You are right. Balestier indeed is worth looking at only if its $650 and below. That's why those who bought Arte....good luck. And PI/ Novena area can go down to ~ $800+ psf. One of my freehold property in Novena was bought for $750 psf just a few years back.

Ah which project is it? You may have missed yr one of the lifetime opportunities if you still holding it.

HP65
28-03-09, 09:36
Ah which project is it? You may have missed yr one of the lifetime opportunities if you still holding it.

Sold it at the height of market frenzy for $1400 psf. You are right if I had still been holding on to it, I probably have to wait for 10 yrs to reach the same level.

That I believe can be achieved, esp if the en-bloc craze invades again. But for now, it will be back to the good-ole-days :spliff2:

bargain hunter
28-03-09, 09:45

Slight correction there, PI has 230,000+sq ft of land but Rivergate has 320,000+sq ft of land so PI has the largest land size of D11 while Rivergate has largest land size in all prime districts. Nonetheless, I think both have managed to maintain very good standards despite the large no. of units among prime districts. I think Singaporeans are too pampered, 400+ and 500+ units and they complain no exclusivity. High end luxury residences in HK number more than 1000+ units and nobody is complaining.

I think CDL is trying to market The Arte as closer to D11 than D12 Balestier. Nonetheless, if it can attract buyers for all its units at $880psf (CDL claims that progressively they will shift up the price!) then PI can find support at $1000psf. Otherwise, we can wait and see if we will indeed get $800psf.

teddybear
28-03-09, 09:52
It can't be PI the largest land size in all prime :doh:district!

isaaclim
28-03-09, 10:01
Slight correction there, PI has 230,000+sq ft of land but Rivergate has 320,000+sq ft of land so PI has the largest land size of D11 while Rivergate has largest land size in all prime districts. Nonetheless, I think both have managed to maintain very good standards despite the large no. of units among prime districts. I think Singaporeans are too pampered, 400+ and 500+ units and they complain no exclusivity. High end luxury residences in HK number more than 1000+ units and nobody is complaining.

I think CDL is trying to market The Arte as closer to D11 than D12 Balestier. Nonetheless, if it can attract buyers for all its units at $880psf (CDL claims that progressively they will shift up the price!) then PI can find support at $1000psf. Otherwise, we can wait and see if we will indeed get $800psf.

Ah... forget this new project. :ashamed1:

dmonddd
28-03-09, 11:34
Ah... forget this new project. :ashamed1:
in fact i'm looking at projects in orchard since the percentage drop over the last few months have been steeper. going into PI at this juncture does not seem to provide that much upside.

and developers themselves are dropping prices on units in their books. that means that they expect the prices to come down even sharper and no confidence in the property market. those developers who started construction can afford to lower their prices as raw materials prices are much lower and expected to go down further and China is going into price war........hence all think that the new launches nowadays are good buys but they forgot to apply the reality check.

dmonddd
01-04-09, 16:04
URA transactions

belmond green
($1500+ psf Apr 2008
$1600+psf May 2008
$1400psf Dec 2008,
now below $900+psf)

park infinia @ wee nam
$1300-1600++psf Apr 2008
$1100-1600++psf May 2008
$1300-1600++psf June 2008
$1100-$1200++psf Mar 2009
band is narrower

dmonddd
01-04-09, 16:17
rivergate

$1500-1600++psf apr 2008
$1800++psf May 2008
$1400++psf July 2008
$1100-1200++psf Mar 2009

reflective of the market environment?
developers are selling new projects at lower prices than historical within same district

DW
04-04-09, 23:31
rivergate

$1500-1600++psf apr 2008
$1800++psf May 2008
$1400++psf July 2008
$1100-1200++psf Mar 2009

reflective of the market environment?
developers are selling new projects at lower prices than historical within same district

Went to see Park Infinia-developer units, today.
A certain layout is now going for 1184psf. Most others are going at 1200+psf and 1300+ psf.

After viewing the unit, the 1184psf offer quote being lower than other layouts are for a good reason.

Layout for units being offered by developer at 1184psf has quite a fair bit of wastage, as well as, rather unintuitive and unnatural layout. Room sizes are good but the kitchen set out in between the two rooms (this is a 2BR unit). There is an odd space in the apartment, (this enclosed space, or otherwise what they call as a room), has two doors... ...

dmonddd
05-04-09, 12:31
Went to see Park Infinia-developer units, today.
A certain layout is now going for 1184psf. Most others are going at 1200+psf and 1300+ psf.

After viewing the unit, the 1184psf offer quote being lower than other layouts are for a good reason.

Layout for units being offered by developer at 1184psf has quite a fair bit of wastage, as well as, rather unintuitive and unnatural layout. Room sizes are good but the kitchen set out in between the two rooms (this is a 2BR unit). There is an odd space in the apartment, (this enclosed space, or otherwise what they call as a room), has two doors... ...

agree. for the price, i'm reconsidering my option as I see better materials and layout in other projects. only selling point for Park Infinia is the large space.......too many foreigners in certain project translates into "not-bothered" attitude.

DW
05-04-09, 13:28
agree. for the price, i'm reconsidering my option as I see better materials and layout in other projects. only selling point for Park Infinia is the large space.......too many foreigners in certain project translates into "not-bothered" attitude.

If large space is what you like. Rivergate is not too bad too.
It has a reasonable large space too.

dragonred
05-04-09, 14:12
If large space is what you like. Rivergate is not too bad too.
It has a reasonable large space too.

Hello all,

After reading so much about Park Infinia and being quite interested in buying an apartment in the near future in that area, I went and had a look this weekend.

Nice complex, spanking new. Fairly busy. Fantastic pool. Entrance & exits are narrow. Some construction coming up nearby.

Two 3+1 flats, sold direct by the developer, quoting from 1150 to 1400 psf (higher floor).

Quite disappointed with design - the bay windows, particularly in the living/dining area is a killer. The bedrooms are small. And, the master bedroom's toilet has vents opening into the corridor behind the kitchen!! Wasted space galore.

But the view was fantastic - all the way from Tanjong Rhu on one side, CBD, Istana, and further west.

In all, the 3+1BRs that I saw appears to be a place for renting, or buying as an investment. Not practical to live.

So, much to my disappointment, I am out of PI - not buying at any price.

dmonddd
08-04-09, 09:12
Hello all,

After reading so much about Park Infinia and being quite interested in buying an apartment in the near future in that area, I went and had a look this weekend.

Nice complex, spanking new. Fairly busy. Fantastic pool. Entrance & exits are narrow. Some construction coming up nearby.

Two 3+1 flats, sold direct by the developer, quoting from 1150 to 1400 psf (higher floor).

Quite disappointed with design - the bay windows, particularly in the living/dining area is a killer. The bedrooms are small. And, the master bedroom's toilet has vents opening into the corridor behind the kitchen!! Wasted space galore.

But the view was fantastic - all the way from Tanjong Rhu on one side, CBD, Istana, and further west.

In all, the 3+1BRs that I saw appears to be a place for renting, or buying as an investment. Not practical to live.

So, much to my disappointment, I am out of PI - not buying at any price.

with 400+ units, and if everyone is investing or renting, it is definitely not a place to live for homeowners/families. crowded and high turnover of tenants may not be a good place for growing families.

proud owner
08-04-09, 09:32
with 400+ units, and if everyone is investing or renting, it is definitely not a place to live for homeowners/families. crowded and high turnover of tenants may not be a good place for growing families.

HUH ?

the psf still 1150 - 1400 ??? mad or wat ?

people tell me that area good becos between novena and newton MRT ... ?

between in this case means ITS NOT NEAR ANY OF THEM

dmonddd
08-04-09, 11:25
HUH ?

the psf still 1150 - 1400 ??? mad or wat ?

people tell me that area good becos between novena and newton MRT ... ?

between in this case means ITS NOT NEAR ANY OF THEM

there are many other projects near novena and newton mrt if you notice. Do you know what's the key selling point for Park Infinia, other than location?

1150-1400 psf down from high of ______psf?

% drop in prices for Park Infiinia in comparison to other projects within D9, D10, D11? Have prices in PArk Infinia more resilient that those in better districts? how many units sold (% to total units) of late versus others?

You must be a proud owner of Park Infinia. People say...Who are these people? We see, analyse and decide (SAD).

dmonddd
08-04-09, 11:29
there are many other projects near novena and newton mrt if you notice. Do you know what's the key selling point for Park Infinia, other than location?

% drop in prices for Park Infiinia in comparison to other projects within D9, D10, D11? Have prices in PArk Infinia more resilient that those in better districts? how many units sold (% to total units) of late versus others?

You must be a proud owner of Park Infinia. People say...Who are these people? We see, analyse and decide (SAD).

developers finally dropped prices for the better units, after holding on for so long. I wonder why?

dmonddd
08-04-09, 11:31

developers finally dropped prices for the better units, after holding on for so long. I wonder why?

have you checked the rental market? future rental income is a function of property price for investment purpose.

proud owner
08-04-09, 11:41

i dont understand what you trying to say ..
highest done there was 1650 psf last yr ... now its 1100-1200 psf ...

thats why i ask how can it be 1150-1400 psf ? 1400 is too high ..
i also said that being in between 2 stations is as good as saying not near either of them ..

but i am NOT an owner of Park Infinia ... nor anywhere near there .. although i have been to view Lincoln Modern, when it was the ONLY project there ...before the rest were constructed ... now its just too cramp ...

dmonddd
08-04-09, 11:58
i dont understand what you trying to say ..
highest done there was 1650 psf last yr ... now its 1100-1200 psf ...

thats why i ask how can it be 1150-1400 psf ? 1400 is too high ..
i also said that being in between 2 stations is as good as saying not near either of them ..

but i am NOT an owner of Park Infinia ... nor anywhere near there .. although i have been to view Lincoln Modern, when it was the ONLY project there ...before the rest were constructed ... now its just too cramp ...

you sounded as if you are all supportive of this project..
hence i also dont understand what you are trying to imply earlier.

prices only capture part of the amenities amongst others......near two stations. Being near two stations does translate to high prices. i rest my comments if you have not walked the grounds before.

dmonddd
08-04-09, 12:02
you sounded as if you are all supportive of this project..
hence i also dont understand what you are trying to imply earlier.

prices only capture part of the amenities amongst others......near two stations. Being near two stations does translate to high prices. i rest my comments if you have not walked the grounds before.

error in second last sentence...being near two stations does NOT translate .......

proud owner
08-04-09, 12:15
error in second last sentence...being near two stations does NOT translate .......

good so we are both NOT supporters of that project ..

for me ..i am not a supporter of another project there ...just too cramp ..narrow roads...

i was trying to air my 'negative' opinion subtly .... without being too direct and offending owners and potential sellers ..and agents ...

hehehe

dmonddd
08-04-09, 18:22
good so we are both NOT supporters of that project ..

for me ..i am not a supporter of another project there ...just too cramp ..narrow roads...

i was trying to air my 'negative' opinion subtly .... without being too direct and offending owners and potential sellers ..and agents ...

hehehe

i have been trying to convince my home minister out of buying into Park Infinia as I share the same view on the narrow roads. esp. Keng Lee road. And jams at times during weekends if you are coming in from united square.

great to clear the miscom. cheers

duckweed
08-04-09, 22:08
i have been trying to convince my home minister out of buying into Park Infinia as I share the same view on the narrow roads. esp. Keng Lee road. And jams at times during weekends if you are coming in from united square.

great to clear the miscom. cheers
if you know the area well enough, you will never enter lincoln road from united square. try surrey road.

dmonddd
08-04-09, 22:38
if you know the area well enough, you will never enter lincoln road from united square. try surrey road.

you r not the first one to comment. either the alternative roads are difficult to notice or there are too many roads leading to.....i asked alot of singaporeans and majority does not know the roads leading to park infinia. why?

duckweed
08-04-09, 23:44
you r not the first one to comment. either the alternative roads are difficult to notice or there are too many roads leading to.....i asked alot of singaporeans and majority does not know the roads leading to park infinia. why?

i guess it is all a matter of familiarity with the locale? but i cannot speak for everyone, though.

personally, to have many access routes in/out of a place is considered a good thing. i have been to some places where there is only 1 way in and out. if that road into/out of the property jams, then you are really stuck.

chosen1
09-04-09, 01:34
guys guys...
can you give me a hint here??
i have been watching this district. interested in DIst.11, newton/novena area.
but it seems that people are slamming condos left and right...
what would be a good condos in the area in your opinion?? :)

bargain hunter
09-04-09, 13:52
some people slam condos left and right because they have an agenda to attempt to talk down prices so they can buy cheap. Personally, I don't think it has much of an effect and its more of market forces determining the price. Some people actually slam everything bad about this condo but say that if the price falls to say below 1000psf then it becomes a good condo, what kind of logic is that?

I still like Park Infinia and continue to look for units to buy if they do come buy at a cheap price.

On the issue of access roads, you can enter by the other entrance/exit from Suffolk Walk off Thomson Rd and Lincoln Rd either by Keng Lee or Surrey Rd, or as mentioned, Khang Guan Ave is the least preferred choice.

guys guys...
can you give me a hint here??
i have been watching this district. interested in DIst.11, newton/novena area.
but it seems that people are slamming condos left and right...
what would be a good condos in the area in your opinion?? :)

yeo
09-04-09, 15:09
I agree with u 100%, BH.

some people slam condos left and right because they have an agenda to attempt to talk down prices so they can buy cheap. Personally, I don't think it has much of an effect and its more of market forces determining the price. Some people actually slam everything bad about this condo but say that if the price falls to say below 1000psf then it becomes a good condo, what kind of logic is that?

I still like Park Infinia and continue to look for units to buy if they do come buy at a cheap price.

On the issue of access roads, you can enter by the other entrance/exit from Suffolk Walk off Thomson Rd and Lincoln Rd either by Keng Lee or Surrey Rd, or as mentioned, Khang Guan Ave is the least preferred choice.

proud owner
09-04-09, 15:20
its a huge project ... how many gates are there ??

you mentioned you can get in from Suffolk walk ?( cant see it on google maps)

i remember when i went there some time ago .. some of the roads you mentioned are 1 way ... am i right ?

if so .. then arent we need to make rounds just to avoid jam ?

bargain hunter
09-04-09, 15:35
walking side gates there are 3 and for vehicles there are 2 entrance/exits. Lincoln, Surrey and Suffolk Walk are 2 way roads. Keng Lee is one way and Khiang Guan Ave I am not too sure. Suffolk Walk is exit is opposite the Thomson Road Baptist Kindergarten.

I can't comment on the jam situation since i do not live there.

its a huge project ... how many gates are there ??

you mentioned you can get in from Suffolk walk ?( cant see it on google maps)

i remember when i went there some time ago .. some of the roads you mentioned are 1 way ... am i right ?

if so .. then arent we need to make rounds just to avoid jam ?

Property_Owner
09-04-09, 15:35
I agree with u 100%, BH.

I second that!

dmonddd
09-04-09, 16:59

Agree. If those who buy condos based on prices, they are investors. Sadly I'm not. singaporeexpats would be a good guide to see which condo is great from location, layout, FH/LH. Most important when you consider buying a condo, you must feel comfortable staying there with courteous and considerate neighbours who are like you, home owners as well.

dmonddd
09-04-09, 17:03
Agree. If those who buy condos based on prices, they are investors. Sadly I'm not. singaporeexpats would be a good guide to see which condo is great from location, layout, FH/LH. Most important when you consider buying a condo, you must feel comfortable staying there with courteous and considerate neighbours who are like you, home owners as well.

and some people support because they have an agenda too as they may be investors who have units in these projects or agents who are trying to sell.....at the end of the day, we need to be objective. SAD = see analyse and decide......two cents worth of comments

see for yourself comments made by all.
analyse if that's the situation
decide if comments are real and buy/no buy

bargain hunter
09-04-09, 17:35
that's right, some people are just too extreme. everybody has an agenda when it comes to this forum. we just have to weigh the pros and cons of each project rather than keep harping on either the pros or the cons 1 sidedly.

and some people support because they have an agenda too as they may be investors who have units in these projects or agents who are trying to sell.....at the end of the day, we need to be objective. SAD = see analyse and decide......two cents worth of comments

see for yourself comments made by all.
analyse if that's the situation
decide if comments are real and buy/no buy

dmonddd
09-04-09, 23:28
that's right, some people are just too extreme. everybody has an agenda when it comes to this forum. we just have to weigh the pros and cons of each project rather than keep harping on either the pros or the cons 1 sidedly.

looks like bargain hunter being hunting tis project for awhile. looking at the historical threads, i see you even know who's occupying the white building even before it gets published in the papers.

i'm trying to convince myself to accept the project before the home minister but it lack the oomphs....the only key selling point for this project is the large land size. and the pros contributed by others in this forum not convincing at all. earlier comments made by dragon red say all. and i review bargain hunter's previous comments of better choices in d9, d10 and evelyn..

duckweed
09-04-09, 23:30
walking side gates there are 3 and for vehicles there are 2 entrance/exits. Lincoln, Surrey and Suffolk Walk are 2 way roads. Keng Lee is one way and Khiang Guan Ave I am not too sure. Suffolk Walk is exit is opposite the Thomson Road Baptist Kindergarten.

I can't comment on the jam situation since i do not live there.

first of all, pls note that i am just sharing my experience. i am not here to defend anything, neither do i see any need to do so.

i have lived here for around 4months. so far, i have never encountered any jams getting out in the morning. most times, i get out via surrey onto newton. at most, there are around 4 cars in front of me. i have gone out before 8am, bet 8am - 9am, after 9am, after 10am. all seem ok. have not encountered any difficulty getting onto newton road even though newton road can be pretty jammy at times. the wait is a little longer if you kena an inexperienced driver in front of you. even then, in such situations, they always manage to make their way onto newton rd somehow.

khiang guan is a 2way road, but rather narrow at some areas (especially the bend). traffic here can be pretty bad due to vehicles trying to get in/out of united square. i tend to bypass this road since surrey is a shorter route to reach lincoln road.

here are the various routes for you to consider when trying to get to park infinia:
1) from newton circus - use keng lee road and then into lincoln road
2) from newton road - use surrey road and then into lincoln road
3) from thomson road - use suffolk walk (note that this entrance is for residents only)

before i moved in, i too was concerned with the traffic conditions around the area, however, i have realised that the various access routes in/out are coming in really handy.

here's an example - i was travelling on dunearn road heading towards newton circus. the jam started before balmoral junction. after some time, i realised traffic was being held up for the 2 lanes towards the circus. as i didn't want to be in the jam, i figured i could go over the flyover, and then make a left turn into makepeace road (near the teck kee pau shop) at bukit timah road. from makepeace, i could get onto kampong java road and then onto thomson road before hitting suffolk walk. i thought this was pretty neat. if not, i would have to make the bigger loop around KK hospital.

i hope this little bit of info helps.

dmonddd
09-04-09, 23:31

looks like bargain hunter being hunting tis project for awhile. looking at the historical threads, i see you even know who's occupying the white building even before it gets published in the papers.

i'm trying to convince myself to accept the project before the home minister but it lack the oomphs....the only key selling point for this project is the large land size. and the pros contributed by others in this forum not convincing at all. earlier comments made by dragon red say all. and i review bargain hunter's previous comments of better choices in d9, d10 and evelyn..

bargain hunter
10-04-09, 00:27
that's fair. Personal experience always counts best. Maybe you can now list down the pros and cons of Park Infinia over other projects since you are a resident there. :)

first of all, pls note that i am just sharing my experience. i am not here to defend anything, neither do i see any need to do so.

i have lived here for around 4months. so far, i have never encountered any jams getting out in the morning. most times, i get out via surrey onto newton. at most, there are around 4 cars in front of me. i have gone out before 8am, bet 8am - 9am, after 9am, after 10am. all seem ok. have not encountered any difficulty getting onto newton road even though newton road can be pretty jammy at times. the wait is a little longer if you kena an inexperienced driver in front of you. even then, in such situations, they always manage to make their way onto newton rd somehow.

khiang guan is a 2way road, but rather narrow at some areas (especially the bend). traffic here can be pretty bad due to vehicles trying to get in/out of united square. i tend to bypass this road since surrey is a shorter route to reach lincoln road.

here are the various routes for you to consider when trying to get to park infinia:
1) from newton circus - use keng lee road and then into lincoln road
2) from newton road - use surrey road and then into lincoln road
3) from thomson road - use suffolk walk (note that this entrance is for residents only)

before i moved in, i too was concerned with the traffic conditions around the area, however, i have realised that the various access routes in/out are coming in really handy.

here's an example - i was travelling on dunearn road heading towards newton circus. the jam started before balmoral junction. after some time, i realised traffic was being held up for the 2 lanes towards the circus. as i didn't want to be in the jam, i figured i could go over the flyover, and then make a left turn into makepeace road (near the teck kee pau shop) at bukit timah road. from makepeace, i could get onto kampong java road and then onto thomson road before hitting suffolk walk. i thought this was pretty neat. if not, i would have to make the bigger loop around KK hospital.

i hope this little bit of info helps.

bargain hunter
10-04-09, 00:46
Yeah, but still watching, prices fallen to 1100 but preferred units probably still cannot get at 1100. I knew who's occupying the white building before the sunday interview because of the advert I saw in saturday's paper, only 1 day in advance, not insider info. :)

For me, when the price falls, I think I can only afford Park Infinia at best, not Orchard or Evelyn side. So let me attempt to think of some pros.

1) Largest plot of land in D11 at 233,000 sq ft.
2) Decent sized bedrooms (for the 3 blocks with private lifts) but some may see it as a drawback as quantum required is larger than average.
3) The most complete facilities in D11.
4) Walking distance to United Square from side gate and underpass link to Novena MRT.
5) Certain high floor units in block 2 and 2A have excellent views because the buildings in front of it are lower and they are not blocked by VIVA.
6) Quoting Duckweed, traffic jam situation is not too bad. :D

chosen1
10-04-09, 01:06
For me, when the price falls, I think I can only afford Park Infinia at best, not Orchard or Evelyn side. So let me attempt to think of some pros.

1) ...
2) ...
4) ...

bargain hunter, can you elaborate point number 3, i too aiming for D11 condos. my shortlist is Park Infinia and Residences Evelyn

bargain hunter
10-04-09, 01:10
Copy and pasted from somewhere: :D
Facilities:
50m Lap Pool
Aquagym Pool
Man Made Beach Pool
Bubble Pool
Clubhouse with Function Room, Dance Studio/Music Room, A/V Room, Lounge, Management Office, Changing Rooms
Gymnasium
Tennis Courts
Timber Boardwalk
Open Lawn
Bio Pond
Jungle Spa
Changing Rooms
Fitness Corner
Playground
Side Gate & Guard House
Entrance Drop-Off
Basement Drop-Off
Basketball Court (half)
“Volcano” Island
BBQ Pavilion
Floating Pavilion

bargain hunter, can you elaborate point number 3, i too aiming for D11 condos. my shortlist is Park Infinia and Residences Evelyn

dmonddd
10-04-09, 11:56
Yeah, but still watching, prices fallen to 1100 but preferred units probably still cannot get at 1100. I knew who's occupying the white building before the sunday interview because of the advert I saw in saturday's paper, only 1 day in advance, not insider info. :)

1) Largest plot of land in D11 at 233,000 sq ft.
2) Decent sized bedrooms (for the 3 blocks with private lifts) but some may see it as a drawback as quantum required is larger than average.
4) Walking distance to United Square from side gate and underpass link to Novena MRT.
5) Certain high floor units in block 2 and 2A have excellent views because the buildings in front of it are lower and they are not blocked by VIVA.
6) Quoting Duckweed, traffic jam situation is not too bad. :D

you really did a lot of homework on this....if you can afford a project one notch better, which one would you be looking at? residences@evelyn? newton gems? newton 18? rivergate?

bargain hunter
10-04-09, 15:49
I'd prefer rivergate, even larger plot of land at 320,000 sq ft. This, I am quite sure is the largest plot of land in D9, 10 and 11, correct me if I'm wrong. Actually, I stay near Rivergate currently and would prefer it anytime to Infinia but prices still out of reach. Even more complete facilities (Golf simulator thrown in hee) and the pool is so huge, I think i would feel comfortable even though it has 545 units.

I love the layouts of the interior even more for Rivergate, good sized balconies (rather than planters for Infinia), rooms and living areas and imagine chilling out by the river. I recently visited the place and really liked it. The drawback is it is further away from an mrt (about just under 1km walk to somerset or clarke quay) but I love to walk so it does not bother me. By car, its easy to access the CBD or orchard more than infinia. So far the nearest mall is Great World City but can expect more amenties to pop up in the area after the other developments like Tribeca, Trilluim, Martin No. 38, The Inspira and 8 Rodyk are completed. The best part, I heard 4 bedrooms maintenece only $350! I think Infinia's is much more expensive because of the Private Lifts which I feel is not necessary.
I think R@evelyn is not bad but since I prefer rivergate, did not really look at it in detail. I was already put off by the smaller 3rd bedroom for the 3 bedder at R@evelyn but maybe because I prefer all the bedrooms to be able to fit in at least queen sized beds or 2 single beds. I prefer bigger plots of land so did not look at newton gems and newton 18 in detail. In any case, those are older developments and the ownership is likely more stable and less likely to be able to get good bargains. I also feel that they are facing other buildings and would probably get partially blocked views.

you really did a lot of homework on this....if you can afford a project one notch better, which one would you be looking at? residences@evelyn? newton gems? newton 18? rivergate?

dmonddd
10-04-09, 16:19
I'd prefer rivergate, even larger plot of land at 320,000 sq ft. This, I am quite sure is the largest plot of land in D9, 10 and 11, correct me if I'm wrong. Actually, I stay near Rivergate currently and would prefer it anytime to Infinia but prices still out of reach. Even more complete facilities (Golf simulator thrown in hee) and the pool is so huge, I think i would feel comfortable even though it has 545 units.

I love the layouts of the interior even more for Rivergate, good sized balconies (rather than planters for Infinia), rooms and living areas and imagine chilling out by the river. I recently visited the place and really liked it. The drawback is it is further away from an mrt (about just under 1km walk to somerset or clarke quay) but I love to walk so it does not bother me. By car, its easy to access the CBD or orchard more than infinia. So far the nearest mall is Great World City but can expect more amenties to pop up in the area after the other developments like Tribeca, Trilluim, Martin No. 38, The Inspira and 8 Rodyk are completed. The best part, I heard 4 bedrooms maintenece only $350! I think Infinia's is much more expensive because of the Private Lifts which I feel is not necessary.
I think R@evelyn is not bad but since I prefer rivergate, did not really look at it in detail. I was already put off by the smaller 3rd bedroom for the 3 bedder at R@evelyn but maybe because I prefer all the bedrooms to be able to fit in at least queen sized beds or 2 single beds. I prefer bigger plots of land so did not look at newton gems and newton 18 in detail. In any case, those are older developments and the ownership is likely more stable and less likely to be able to get good bargains. I also feel that they are facing other buildings and would probably get partially blocked views.

many thanks. will view the units and do a SAD. but definitely not buying in next two quarters. probably with the second. third, fourth wave of retrenchment, hope still have a job to hold on to....

duckweed
11-04-09, 12:40
that's fair. Personal experience always counts best. Maybe you can now list down the pros and cons of Park Infinia over other projects since you are a resident there. :)

generally, you'd consider PI if you have young children. lots of open grounds for the kids to run, explore and have fun. children's pool is great (even if your young child cannot swim). i have also seen some families bring their dinner down to enjoy by the poolside. i have only used the pool, so cannot comment on the rest of the facilities.

i guess being near to united sq is a plus for those parents with kids attending classes there. i go there for makan sometimes. pek kio is a short drive away. can do your marketing and also get food there. the nearest supermarket is cold storage at united sq. if you need ntuc, can go either to the small outlet at pek kio or head to square2.

pros
- big landscape, with lots of running space for energetic kids
- lovely adult pool
- practical and safe children's pool
- understand from colleagues the gym is of decent size
- well serviced (imo) bus routes (both the newton and thomson road bus-stops)
- shopping and eateries nearby
- some pre- and primary schools nearby
- unit's very bright and breezy
- open and nice view

cons
- lots of construction sites all around (noisy & dusty)
- baywindows galore, just have to design your furniture around them to utilize them to some extent
- near but not THAT near MRT station (around 10mins walk, i think, didn't really time myself)
- maintenance is not exactly cheap for 400+ units, but considered ok if compared with other newer projects

i can only come up with these... not sure what else you need my feedback on.

duckweed
11-04-09, 12:43

actually, ardmore park has a landsize above 300,000 sqft. not sure of the exact figure though.

bargain hunter
11-04-09, 22:42
wow ardmore park! don't think we will find many people staying or targeting to buy there in this forum? :scared-4:

Thanks for the pros and cons breakdown. Well written and fair. :)

actually, ardmore park has a landsize above 300,000 sqft. not sure of the exact figure though.

franzmark
13-04-09, 23:41
people who live in ardmore park dont actually need to work.

wow ardmore park! don't think we will find many people staying or targeting to buy there in this forum? :scared-4:

Thanks for the pros and cons breakdown. Well written and fair. :)

bargain hunter
14-04-09, 11:08
yeah, prob busy rubbing shoulders with Jet Li's family or relaxing somewhere. Envy.

people who live in ardmore park dont actually need to work.

raetan
09-05-09, 04:22
The facilities in PI are very basic to the t. Very surprising given the 233000sq ft of land size. A condo with just 90000 sq ft of land can accomodate all the PI facilities, without vying with 486 residents. The developer could have done so much more with the land they have. No steam room, no suana, no play pool, no games room, no billiard room, no foot reflexology path, no squash court, no table-tennis table, no golf putting green, no mini golf driving range, no jogging track, no karaoke room, no bowling alley... Plus the whole area really doesn't feel as big as the brochure describes it to be.

Next, the location. Though the developer is marketing it as a Newton project, I am not convinced. I find the the whole PI plot is nearer to Thomson road than Newton Road. If you drive along Thomson Road, you can see PI very clearly & very near too. But if you drive along Newton Road, you can see that it's not as near. I believe this is the reason why PI is priced lower than Evelyn side of condos... which are really 100% Newton. However the opposite side of Lincoln Road, which has the future Miro, Lincoln Residences & Lincoln Suites are more Newton and therefore will definitely command a higher premium than PI, & equal value, if not more value than the Evelyn side of condos. In property location, especially small Singapore, just a street away or opposite sides of road can mean a difference in prestige, perception & price.

dormer
09-05-09, 13:07
The facilities in PI are very basic to the t. Very surprising given the 233000sq ft of land size. A condo with just 90000 sq ft of land can accomodate all the PI facilities, without vying with 486 residents. The developer could have done so much more with the land they have. No steam room, no suana, no play pool, no games room, no billiard room, no foot reflexology path, no squash court, no table-tennis table, no golf putting green, no mini golf driving range, no jogging track, no karaoke room, no bowling alley... Plus the whole area really doesn't feel as big as the brochure describes it to be.

Next, the location. Though the developer is marketing it as a Newton project, I am not convinced. I find the the whole PI plot is nearer to Thomson road than Newton Road. If you drive along Thomson Road, you can see PI very clearly & very near too. But if you drive along Newton Road, you can see that it's not as near. I believe this is the reason why PI is priced lower than Evelyn side of condos... which are really 100% Newton. However the opposite side of Lincoln Road, which has the future Miro, Lincoln Residences & Lincoln Suites are more Newton and therefore will definitely command a higher premium than PI, & equal value, if not more value than the Evelyn side of condos. In property location, especially small Singapore, just a street away or opposite sides of road can mean a difference in prestige, perception & price.

I don't think Lincoln Road of less than 10 metres wide will make any different in price like what you say. If this is true, why The Linc opposite to PI and just besides Miro selling lower than PI?

Please also check the latest URA transcation. In facts the current price of PI is on par with Evelyn now. Of course a fair comparison must consider same floor and facing.

It is absurd to say that PI is nearer to Thomson than Newton Area. I only hear others debating whether PI location is in Newton or Novena. You must be seeing MIRAGE!!

raetan
09-05-09, 21:18
I don't think Lincoln Road of less than 10 metres wide will make any different in price like what you say. If this is true, why The Linc opposite to PI and just besides Miro selling lower than PI?

Please also check the latest URA transcation. In facts the current price of PI is on par with Evelyn now. Of course a fair comparison must consider same floor and facing.

It is absurd to say that PI is nearer to Thomson than Newton Area. I only hear others debating whether PI location is in Newton or Novena. You must be seeing MIRAGE!!

All your comments don't make sense at all. If you don't know what you are talking about, then don't just shoot out nonsense.

1st, you compared PI with the Linc. Come on, you are comparing apple with orange. The Linc is just an apartment with minimal facilities. Of course it will cost lower than PI. If PI is located at the Linc plot, then it will definitely be able to command a higher premium. Instead of stretching its land all the way to Thomson Road, imagine PI at the Linc plot will be able to stetch its land all the way to Newton Road. Miro & Lincoln Residences are already transacting at $1500psf. But PI has only gone downhill, now at between $1100psf to $1200psf.

Next, you said it's absurd to say PI is nearer to Thomson Road than Newton Road. I wonder whether you know your locality at all. Why don't you drive out from Keng Lee Road & see whether the next road reads Thomson Road or not. Of course when I mention Thomson, I am just stating the road name. Obviously I mean the Novena district because Thomson Road is part of the Novena district! And I am not seeing mirage. YOU are the one seeing mirage. Why don't you just step inside PI, go to the main pool tomorrow & tell me what condos you are surrounded with. Or I'll just tell you to save you the trouble of going there. You'll see all the Thomson Road & Suffolk Road properties. You'll see The Spinnaker, Suffolk Premier, Ten @ Suffolk, future Lucida, Viva, The Strata & Thomson Euro Asia. All these properties are priced lower than Lincoln Road properties because they are situated in the Thomson / Novena district, whereas the true Lincoln Road properties are in the Newton district. However the opposite side of Lincoln Road is surounded by higher class neighbours. Newton 18, Amaryllis Ville, Newton Suites, Newton Gems, Iridium, The Lincoln Modern, The Sentinel & the future Miro, Lincoln Residences & Lincoln Suites. Now you tell me who is absurd, babbling nonsense & seeing mirage.

Lincoln Road used to be an area with avantgarde boutique apartments, with Lincoln Modern leading the way. Suddenly a huge condo with the ugliest orange perimeter fencing ever came and spoil the place there. PI should be a Suffolk Road project instead. But because their land size is big and some of the land happen to spray into a small part of Lincoln Road, the developer is smart to utilize the prestige of Lincoln Road properties, by opening their main entrance at Lincoln Road, so that they can command a higher value. If their Suffolk Walk 2nd entrance becomes PI's main entrance, and PI address becomes Suffolk Walk (off Thomson Road), do you still think it can command such a high premium?

bargain hunter
09-05-09, 23:21
Can a 90,000sq ft of land accomodate 2 tennis courts? I don't think many new condos have the facilities you mentioned, squash court, table-tennis table or bowling alley (especially for prime districts)? Could be quite passe by now. I think the developer is trying to create a sense of space, thus, the big lawn areas rather than facilities which no doubt as you pointed out can easily be included if they wanted. I agree that the brochure is misleading though (but which brochure does not?)

I agree that Evelyn side should command a premium over PI because it is truly Newton but can't agree on Lincoln Rd properties. Please get your facts right also before you shout at others.

In case you did not notice, The Lincoln Residences has dropped its prices significantly to move the sales. The following units were sold to related parties of Sim Lian with at best tiny discounts to public: #18-04 sold at 1367sq ft at 1201psf, #13-03 1324sq ft at 1156psf, #03-04 1776sq ft at 927psf, #12-04 1367sq ft at 1130psf.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_B11974B59FACBDB44825759E00325DA3/$file/announce.20Apr09.IPT.Lincoln.pdf?openelement

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_D1B65197669A7D6F48257592003F7368/$file/announce.IPT.Lincoln.pdf?openelement

The public was being offered at $1100+ to 1300+psf recently (please refer to the units sold for Apr when it is released on 15th May). That is very similar to prices being sold at PI recently (certainly for the less desirable leftover units of PI). So, let's see...err...prime units of Lincoln Residences are being offered at same price as leftover units of PI? I think the market already tells you the answer, which is the preferred project.

You said, "Miro & Lincoln Residences are already transacting at $1500psf. But PI has only gone downhill, now at between $1100psf to $1200psf."

Your $1500 is for 3 units sold pre lehman crisis last year, please stop quoting prices from 8 months ago. Likewise, 1500 for Miro is for the only 2 units sold last October and is obviously a price which cannot move sales since then.

If anything, for PI, if you buy the right units above #20 you get panaromic views as "The Spinnaker, Suffolk Premier, Ten @ Suffolk" you mentioned are all less than 20 storeys. What do you get if you buy The Lincoln Residences above #20? Your views get blocked by the "Newton 18, Amaryllis Ville, Newton Suites, Newton Gems, Iridium, The Lincoln Modern, The Sentinel & the future Miro, Lincoln Residences & Lincoln Suites." that you mentioned.

raetan
10-05-09, 04:20
This forum already states all the pros of PI, & I agree that PI indeed has many things going for it. Thus my original post is simply to highlight 2 of the cons of PI. Ok. I know I am exaggerating about all the fanciful facilities. I am just disappointed because Keppel could have done so much more with the land size they have. The facilities are really lacking in relation to the land size. Eg, they could have easily added a steam room or suana in the jungle spa's changing room to create a better spa experience. But they simply choose to save cost. Instead they choose to waste space on useless things like volcano island. If you go inside the volcano island, you'll know what I mean. There's absolutely nothing inside. Maybe if there is rain suddenly, those swimmers can all crowd inside & use it as a rain-shelter. I live in a 48600 sq ft condo but it already has more facilities than PI, although the facilities are of course in a smaller scale.

As for the location, I just want to highlight the true unbiased fact that PI is indeed nearer to Thomson Road than Newton Road. Street directory doesn't lie. Have a look on the street directory if you are still biase. When I mention PI's neighbours, I am not highlighting about the panaromic views on high floors. I am just reinforcing my point about PI's location... as PI's surrounding neighbours clearly show that it is located more Thomson than Newton. Similarly when I highlight about the opposite side of Lincoln Road, I am just highlighting the fact that properties on the opposite side of Lincoln Road / Surrey Road are truely Newton, as clearly shown by the surrounding neighbours.

Lastly, the orange perimeter fencing of PI is a really ugly & mismatched.

Can a 90,000sq ft of land accomodate 2 tennis courts? I don't think many new condos have the facilities you mentioned, squash court, table-tennis table or bowling alley (especially for prime districts)? Could be quite passe by now. I think the developer is trying to create a sense of space, thus, the big lawn areas rather than facilities which no doubt as you pointed out can easily be included if they wanted. I agree that the brochure is misleading though (but which brochure does not?)

I agree that Evelyn side should command a premium over PI because it is truly Newton but can't agree on Lincoln Rd properties. Please get your facts right also before you shout at others.

In case you did not notice, The Lincoln Residences has dropped its prices significantly to move the sales. The following units were sold to related parties of Sim Lian with at best tiny discounts to public: #18-04 sold at 1367sq ft at 1201psf, #13-03 1324sq ft at 1156psf, #03-04 1776sq ft at 927psf, #12-04 1367sq ft at 1130psf.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_B11974B59FACBDB44825759E00325DA3/$file/announce.20Apr09.IPT.Lincoln.pdf?openelement

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_D1B65197669A7D6F48257592003F7368/$file/announce.IPT.Lincoln.pdf?openelement

The public was being offered at $1100+ to 1300+psf recently (please refer to the units sold for Apr when it is released on 15th May). That is very similar to prices being sold at PI recently (certainly for the less desirable leftover units of PI). So, let's see...err...prime units of Lincoln Residences are being offered at same price as leftover units of PI? I think the market already tells you the answer, which is the preferred project.

You said, "Miro & Lincoln Residences are already transacting at $1500psf. But PI has only gone downhill, now at between $1100psf to $1200psf."

Your $1500 is for 3 units sold pre lehman crisis last year, please stop quoting prices from 8 months ago. Likewise, 1500 for Miro is for the only 2 units sold last October and is obviously a price which cannot move sales since then.

If anything, for PI, if you buy the right units above #20 you get panaromic views as "The Spinnaker, Suffolk Premier, Ten @ Suffolk" you mentioned are all less than 20 storeys. What do you get if you buy The Lincoln Residences above #20? Your views get blocked by the "Newton 18, Amaryllis Ville, Newton Suites, Newton Gems, Iridium, The Lincoln Modern, The Sentinel & the future Miro, Lincoln Residences & Lincoln Suites." that you mentioned.

dmonddd
10-05-09, 08:37
agree with raetan..

PI for its prices, doesnt give me that Div 1 league feel. more like Div 2.
Key selling point for PI = "Big" or huge land area. not competing on quality or design...etc.

lacking the Div 1 feel.

orange
11-05-09, 01:04
Why keppel chose main entrance to be on lincoln rd despite its inaccessibility? Because of prestige. PI could easily have had other mo accessible entrances, but then people will associate it with a Thomson Rd property.

orange
11-05-09, 01:08
I agree with Raetan. PI is really a Thomson Rd property, not Newton Rd. Note also that Thomson Rd is a v long road, stretching from D8 Owen Rd all the way up to D20 Marymount.

dmonddd
11-05-09, 02:25
for PI prices, newton road properties are better buys

china
11-05-09, 10:08
Miro & Lincoln Residences are already transacting at $1500psf. But PI has only gone downhill, now at between $1100psf to $1200psf.

For a buyer , PI is a newton project.. period. You can visbly see PI from the newton hawker centre and the address speck for itself.

I would personally prefer space and lots of it rather than has the whole project cramp together with so many amentities like, squash court , suana, golf etc.. thats the typical Sinagporean mentality of wanting so much more for the price that the pay. I rather enjoy my putting in my club.

Also, if you are so damn good in analysing the Newton aka Thomson road project.. how come you cannot properly analyse the prices between PI and Miro ? The Miro project was launched later and it is sold at much higher developer price VS PI subsell unit....with those from the not so desirable facing ???

proud owner
11-05-09, 10:16
I would personally prefer space and lots of it rather than has the whole project cramp together with so many amentities like, squash court , suana, golf etc.. thats the typical Sinagporean mentality of wanting so much more for the price that the pay. I rather enjoy my putting in my club.

Also, if you are so damn good in analysing the Newton aka Thomson road project.. how come you cannot properly analyse the prices between PI and Miro ? The Miro project was launched later and it is sold at much higher developer price VS PI subsell unit....with those from the not so desirable facing ???[/quote]

simple :

PI was launched much earlier ...with a lower land cost and material cost

Miro which came later ..would have construction cost 150-200 psf more ..

china
11-05-09, 10:34
simple :

PI was launched much earlier ...with a lower land cost and material cost

Miro which came later ..would have construction cost 150-200 psf more ..

Now we are talking .

dmonddd
11-05-09, 13:54
let's come back to basic....

PI was launched twice, first at $900 psf, second above $1100psf.
Historical URA prices may not reflect the true picture.

PI is known for its "big" project. materials in PI versus Miro?
In PI, paying for a premium for common area? long term commitment throughout life.

Potential enbloc 10 years down the road = PI because of land area. Separate issue whether owners can agree.

Other projects, any expansion to higher levels?

Newton area, projects above 100 units worth looking at? Yes. location nearer to Orchard.....

proud owner
11-05-09, 13:58
let's come back to basic....

PI was launched twice, first at $900 psf, second above $1100psf.
Historical URA prices may not reflect the true picture.

PI is known for its "big" project. materials in PI versus Miro?
In PI, paying for a premium for common area? long term commitment throughout life.

Potential enbloc 10 years down the road = PI because of land area. Separate issue whether owners can agree.

Other projects, any expansion to higher levels?

Newton area, projects above 100 units worth looking at? Yes. location nearer to Orchard.....

PI could have contracted its material prior to the sand ban ..hence possibly between 120-180 psf ..
after the ban .. costruction cost went up to as high as 300 psf

dmonddd
11-05-09, 14:28
PI could have contracted its material prior to the sand ban ..hence possibly between 120-180 psf ..
after the ban .. costruction cost went up to as high as 300 psf

i may not be clear when i refer to materials.....i'm referring to the interior part of both PI and Miro. the tiles used, door installed, brand of sink used, etc.

From what I hear and see, Miro 's interior stuff will be of higher quality/grade. Sadly, I've not visited Miro's showroom

dmonddd
11-05-09, 14:40
i may not be clear when i refer to materials.....i'm referring to the interior part of both PI and Miro. the tiles used, door installed, brand of sink used, etc.

From what I hear and see, Miro 's interior stuff will be of higher quality/grade. Sadly, I've not visited Miro's showroom

to add on, I'm not too critical at what prices the developer buys his raw materials. key to us buyers is whether the building is safe and interior stuff is of good quality.

You know the league 2 properties (location out of D11, at the brink) are putting real good quality interior stuff to attract buyers.

dormer
11-05-09, 14:43
All your comments don't make sense at all. If you don't know what you are talking about, then don't just shoot out nonsense.

1st, you compared PI with the Linc. Come on, you are comparing apple with orange. The Linc is just an apartment with minimal facilities. Of course it will cost lower than PI. If PI is located at the Linc plot, then it will definitely be able to command a higher premium. Instead of stretching its land all the way to Thomson Road, imagine PI at the Linc plot will be able to stetch its land all the way to Newton Road. Miro & Lincoln Residences are already transacting at $1500psf. But PI has only gone downhill, now at between $1100psf to $1200psf.

Next, you said it's absurd to say PI is nearer to Thomson Road than Newton Road. I wonder whether you know your locality at all. Why don't you drive out from Keng Lee Road & see whether the next road reads Thomson Road or not. Of course when I mention Thomson, I am just stating the road name. Obviously I mean the Novena district because Thomson Road is part of the Novena district! And I am not seeing mirage. YOU are the one seeing mirage. Why don't you just step inside PI, go to the main pool tomorrow & tell me what condos you are surrounded with. Or I'll just tell you to save you the trouble of going there. You'll see all the Thomson Road & Suffolk Road properties. You'll see The Spinnaker, Suffolk Premier, Ten @ Suffolk, future Lucida, Viva, The Strata & Thomson Euro Asia. All these properties are priced lower than Lincoln Road properties because they are situated in the Thomson / Novena district, whereas the true Lincoln Road properties are in the Newton district. However the opposite side of Lincoln Road is surounded by higher class neighbours. Newton 18, Amaryllis Ville, Newton Suites, Newton Gems, Iridium, The Lincoln Modern, The Sentinel & the future Miro, Lincoln Residences & Lincoln Suites. Now you tell me who is absurd, babbling nonsense & seeing mirage.

Lincoln Road used to be an area with avantgarde boutique apartments, with Lincoln Modern leading the way. Suddenly a huge condo with the ugliest orange perimeter fencing ever came and spoil the place there. PI should be a Suffolk Road project instead. But because their land size is big and some of the land happen to spray into a small part of Lincoln Road, the developer is smart to utilize the prestige of Lincoln Road properties, by opening their main entrance at Lincoln Road, so that they can command a higher value. If their Suffolk Walk 2nd entrance becomes PI's main entrance, and PI address becomes Suffolk Walk (off Thomson Road), do you still think it can command such a high premium?

This guy is bubbling more and more nonsense now? He is confused. Cannot differential Newton, Novena and Thomson. He said what he meant about Thomson is Novena now. As suggested by him, he should be the one should go to pools of PI tomorrow & tell everybody what he sees before shouting around.

Finally, maybe he still can keep his ugly orange perimeter fencing as he keeps on repeating.

repanse71
11-05-09, 14:54
Now we are talking .

If I am LTA or LA, I would be very upset. I believe only rubbish truck will turn into PI from Thomson road, a huge waste of public money sprucing up that road...

Anyone could confirm PI's backdoor/gate?

regards

raetan
11-05-09, 17:28
This guy is bubbling more and more nonsense now? He is confused. Cannot differential Newton, Novena and Thomson. He said what he meant about Thomson is Novena now. As suggested by him, he should be the one should go to pools of PI tomorrow & tell everybody what he sees before shouting around.

Finally, maybe he still can keep his ugly orange perimeter fencing as he keeps on repeating.

From the nonsensical way you respond, either you clearly do not comprehend my post at all, or you are simply totally not famaliar with that area. I shall not waste my time sharing points with you anymore.

dmonddd
12-05-09, 02:08
i still find PI overpriced.
developer still holding on to prices?

duckweed
12-05-09, 10:57
If I am LTA or LA, I would be very upset. I believe only rubbish truck will turn into PI from Thomson road, a huge waste of public money sprucing up that road...

Anyone could confirm PI's backdoor/gate?

regards

PI's secondary entrance/exit is suffolk walk. thomson road baptist church uses this same road too.

as for the road that is used by the rubbish truck, i think it's suffolk road (running parallel to suffolk way). there is a need for lta to maintain it as the main entrance of quite a number of other properties are serviced via this road.

repanse71
12-05-09, 11:39
Now the expanded road is under-utilized. Waste of public money.
Wondered if LA/LTA knew where's PI main entrance would be when they decide to expand and improve the road, or they just ASS-umed.

regards

PI's secondary entrance/exit is suffolk walk. thomson road baptist church uses this same road too.

as for the road that is used by the rubbish truck, i think it's suffolk road (running parallel to suffolk way). there is a need for lta to maintain it as the main entrance of quite a number of other properties are serviced via this road.

duckweed
12-05-09, 11:49

not sure if miro showflat is still up and running, but the entire miro site is now a solid concrete slab - not sure if far east has decided to park this on hold once again.

duckweed
12-05-09, 11:54
Now the expanded road is under-utilized. Waste of public money.
Wondered if LA/LTA knew where's PI main entrance would be when they decide to expand and improve the road, or they just ASS-umed.

regards
from a resident's point of view... it's good - no reasons to complain. makes the drive in/out via suffolk way soo much better.

on the other hand, suffolk road's way too narrow to be a 2 way road. the big construction vehicles have created havoc a couple of times trying to navigate in/out of the construction site (think it's the lucida site). the cars trying to get in/out of suffolk way had to wait for at least half an hour before the massively long structure managed to squeeze its way out. an absolute nightmare.

duckweed
12-05-09, 12:01

i'm ok with the facilities still, at this point in time. in fact, the more facilities that need to be maintained, the costlier the maintenance fees will be. hope the fees will go down when we form our mgmt committee. as it is, i don't use them much. i do, however, enjoy the space on the lawn. it's something not many devts can offer.

hafta agree on keppels' lousy choice of wall colour. they couldn't have picked anything much worse. oh well, i have learnt to ignore that ghastly orange over time.

not debating which part of newton is better, just stating my personal preferences. i do like the residences@evelyn side. it's nice, quiet (most times except sundays) and has a very surreal feel about it. i do dread buckley road a little as it's rather crowded and narrow. i enjoy the slow walk through gilstead road to the gentle road side - thoroughly peaceful.
that said, i am enjoying my stay at PI.

carpel
13-05-09, 17:09
i'm ok with the facilities still, at this point in time. in fact, the more facilities that need to be maintained, the costlier the maintenance fees will be. hope the fees will go down when we form our mgmt committee. as it is, i don't use them much. i do, however, enjoy the space on the lawn. it's something not many devts can offer.

I do like the space too . It is something that a lot of people has taken it for granted and when a management committee is form I would very much vote for a repainting of the wall color...

I like my stay in PI too , the city view is fantastic and can see fireworks during National Day ... lovely .

duckweed
14-05-09, 19:19
I do like the space too . It is something that a lot of people has taken it for granted and when a management committee is form I would very much vote for a repainting of the wall color...

I like my stay in PI too , the city view is fantastic and can see fireworks during National Day ... lovely .
hi neighbour
it's great to find a fellow resident... finally! ;)

dmonddd
17-05-09, 23:40
if you review topo of the area, PI is located next to the drain. whilst evelyn side is on the high side, esp. residences at evelyn which is at the top and the topo slides down towards newton road.

newton one and trilight and dunearn are much lower or same road level with newton road and keng lee road..

bargain hunter
05-06-09, 13:10
PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript<b></b>:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24');) $1,387,000 1,001sq ft 1,386psf May-09
PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript<b></b>:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24');) $2,305,000 1,690sq ft 1,364psf May-09

Latest 2 caveats just lodged. But I can't imagine people paying above 1400psf at this point.

duckweed
06-06-09, 11:56
PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript<b></b>:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24');) $1,387,000 1,001sq ft 1,386psf May-09
PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript<b></b>:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24');) $2,305,000 1,690sq ft 1,364psf May-09

Latest 2 caveats just lodged. But I can't imagine people paying above 1400psf at this point.

according to someone from keppel land, only 2 units left to sell (think it's stack 10).

bargain hunter
06-06-09, 21:54
the smaller 4 bedrooms? did he say how much they are asking for those 2 units?

according to someone from keppel land, only 2 units left to sell (think it's stack 10).

duckweed
07-06-09, 04:38
the smaller 4 bedrooms? did he say how much they are asking for those 2 units?
sorry, didn't ask. wasn't looking to buy/sell.:ashamed1:

no offence to any owner of stack 10, but i don't like the layout for stack 10 - seems very cramped for a 1690sqft unit. the other 4 br stack (stack 12?) is so much better.

bargain hunter
07-06-09, 08:46
well, the price difference is also much bigger between the 2. :) Despite the big difference in size, the psf of the other 4 bedroom has traditionally commanded more (record setting 1700psf there). So the difference in absolute quantum is about half a million at least and buyers need to make a choice whether they feel the half a million more is worth it.

sorry, didn't ask. wasn't looking to buy/sell.:ashamed1:

no offence to any owner of stack 10, but i don't like the layout for stack 10 - seems very cramped for a 1690sqft unit. the other 4 br stack (stack 12?) is so much better.

richie$$$
08-06-09, 00:31
i hear developer raised d prices....investors sure die-lor

bargain hunter
08-06-09, 00:57
raised to what psf?

since duckweed said left 2 4 bedroom units, still need to raise prices?

i hear developer raised d prices....investors sure die-lor

richie$$$
08-06-09, 08:24
raised to what psf?

since duckweed said left 2 4 bedroom units, still need to raise prices?

around 1500 psf. smaller units higher floors.

bargain hunter
08-06-09, 08:37
Hmm, I thought the smaller units also sold already?

around 1500 psf. smaller units higher floors.

DKSG
08-06-09, 19:23
Anyone can confirm the price increase ?

YFG

teddybear
30-06-09, 15:29
Heard the smaller unit (about 9xx sqft) sold for about $1440+ psf. Now it seems most sellers around Newton / Novena area asking for at least $1500 psf. However, before these sellers start dreaming that they can sell at >=$1500 psf, they better go look at this Park Infinia unit sold at $1440+ psf again. Do they have such high floor and completely un-obstructive & impressive view NOW & in FUTURE (because it seems in front unlikely to be blocked in future as no more place to build new tall buildings) as to sell at even higher price than this particular unit? Buyers also better go and take a look to enjoy the impressive view of this 9xx sqft unit so that you can make a comparison later, don't be 'carrot-head' when agents told you "so & so" unit sold at about $1500 psf, so the condos they are selling also worth so much or even more because of blah blah blah. Buyers also better bear in mind that many condos in Newton & Novena areas are being transacted mostly at about $1000 psf (some even less) before the property bubble in 2007 and the highest ever transacted during the bubble is about $1600+ psf! People paying $1440+ psf is already paying close to peak market prices! (Does now seem like economy booming to justify this price?) :scared-1:

Hmm, I thought the smaller units also sold already?

Newbie Homebuyer
30-06-09, 15:48
even vista residences, which is at balestier road area, is selling at 900 - 1000 psf???? and so many people bought... so i can imagine that people in novena/ newton area is asking for 1500 psf.

i'm also thinking... REAL or NOT??? i've monitoring the prices in this area for a while but the shoot up is quite sharp... on the other hand, if so many people buy at this price and i don;t get in early ... i dunno how i'm going to buy anything at a "low" price later...

teddybear
30-06-09, 16:14
The so-called 'shoot-up' super high prices which the agents like to quote are for a very selected few choice units and they are usually very high floor units with un-obstructed and very impressive views (go and view them for yourselves and you will know). However, most of the other condo units in Newton/Novena area are blocked left, right, and centre. They don't justify the same premium as these selected choice units. Good for you if you wish to buy at $1500 psf. Anyway, you are doing the sellers and would-be sellers great service and contributing to Singapore's economy! :cheers1:

Oh yes, by the way, before 2007, properties in Newton/Novena area (not including the Cairnhill area) were transacted even below $700 psf! (E.g. Strata transacted $688 psf in 2001; too many cases to quote). The asking prices have definitely "shoot up"! :scared-1:
For me, since the price is up almost double within 8 years and I always treat any deal with business sense and as such I don't see myself paying $1500 psf for Newton/Novena area and helps the sellers to 'carry the baby' till the next boom (don't know when it will come but most likely will be quite far away, may be 2018-2010 for a typical 12-years cycle?).

Balestier worth $1000 psf? Ha ha! :doh: Oh yes, a friend bought at $5xx psf there in 2005. He would be very happy to sell at $1000 psf. :D

even vista residences, which is at balestier road area, is selling at 900 - 1000 psf???? and so many people bought... so i can imagine that people in novena/ newton area is asking for 1500 psf.

i'm also thinking... REAL or NOT??? i've monitoring the prices in this area for a while but the shoot up is quite sharp... on the other hand, if so many people buy at this price and i don;t get in early ... i dunno how i'm going to buy anything at a "low" price later...

bargain hunter
30-06-09, 17:35
I agree. The very select few choice units at PI should at best be worth 14xxpsf given the current market sentiment. Buy at 1500psf and the upside will be very limited.

The so-called 'shoot-up' super high prices which the agents like to quote are for a very selected few choice units and they are usually very high floor units with un-obstructed and very impressive views (go and view them for yourselves and you will know). However, most of the other condo units in Newton/Novena area are blocked left, right, and centre. They don't justify the same premium as these selected choice units. Good for you if you wish to buy at $1500 psf. Anyway, you are doing the sellers and would-be sellers great service and contributing to Singapore's economy! :cheers1:

Oh yes, by the way, before 2007, properties in Newton/Novena area (not including the Cairnhill area) were transacted even below $700 psf! (E.g. Strata transacted $688 psf in 2001; too many cases to quote). The asking prices have definitely "shoot up"! :scared-1:
For me, since the price is up almost double within 8 years and I always treat any deal with business sense and as such I don't see myself paying $1500 psf for Newton/Novena area and helps the sellers to 'carry the baby' till the next boom (don't know when it will come but most likely will be quite far away, may be 2018-2010 for a typical 12-years cycle?).

Balestier worth $1000 psf? Ha ha! :doh: Oh yes, a friend bought at $5xx psf there in 2005. He would be very happy to sell at $1000 psf. :D

DKSG
30-06-09, 23:36
Last done in PI is $1,450 psf.

Prices should have moved up another 3-5% from $1,450 lo !

teddybear
01-07-09, 00:00
This is one of the selected few choice units at high floor and with superior view that I mentioned. If choice units only $1450 psf, the rest ikan bilis low floor & poor view or no view can transact higher? If they do, buyers seem like 'carrot-head' to the sellers. :ashamed1:

Last done in PI is $1,450 psf.

Prices should have moved up another 3-5% from $1,450 lo !

bargain hunter
01-07-09, 00:36
i think this is one of the last few units which developer is selling. Many Singaporeans have a wierd mentality, they would rather buy from developer at higher price than a similar unit from someone else (esp. if the seller is making a profit) at a lower price than the developer. As can be seen, June transactions still a wide range from 12xx to 14xx all depending on different, floor, view, facing, size given the huge variety of units which PI has.

This is one of the selected few choice units at high floor and with superior view that I mentioned. If choice units only $1450 psf, the rest ikan bilis low floor & poor view or no view can transact higher? If they do, buyers seem like 'carrot-head' to the sellers. :ashamed1:

teddybear
01-07-09, 21:32
Maybe the buyer didn't manage to buy a unit from others/privates. Agents are well known of using your checque to ask for a higher price and thus have no choice but have to buy the unit from developer. :rolleyes:

i think this is one of the last few units which developer is selling. Many Singaporeans have a wierd mentality, they would rather buy from developer at higher price than a similar unit from someone else (esp. if the seller is making a profit) at a lower price than the developer. As can be seen, June transactions still a wide range from 12xx to 14xx all depending on different, floor, view, facing, size given the huge variety of units which PI has.

duckweed
01-07-09, 22:34
not sure if i got it correct, but developer is giving buyers 1 year defect warranty. if buy from private buyers, the warranty period is either over or coming to an end.

mogyi
02-07-09, 10:57
not sure if i got it correct, but developer is giving buyers 1 year defect warranty. if buy from private buyers, the warranty period is either over or coming to an end.

anyone can verify on this?

teddybear
02-07-09, 11:36
Yes I am quite sure from very reliable sources. Developer extend 1 year warranty from date of purchase vs others whose warranty will expire 1 year after TOP.

anyone can verify on this?

bargain hunter
03-07-09, 12:49
according to the caveats released today, someone paid 1559psf for a 980sq ft 2 bedder. the size indicates its one of the top most floors and I assume it is for stack 9 which would be the best stack for 980sq ft (normal size 1001sq ft). even then, i think the buyer bought it too ex. limited upside. if its not for stack the 9 then the buyer is one big big sucker.

teddybear
03-07-09, 13:07
Heard that there is indeed one 2 bedder unit on stack 9, something like 28 or 29th floor where developer is asking like 15xx psf. Not sure whether it is this one? I have seen this unit before and the view is superb! However, regardless of which stack and which floor and what view, paying such price for this location is like... :scared-1:.

If I don't know that there is a recession still going on, I would have thought that we are still in Dec 2007 when every economic report coming out is so SUNNY and everybody enjoying HUGE PAY RISE year after year! This 1559 psf is already very close to the peak price ever transacted in Park Infinia in late 2007/early 2008!

according to the caveats released today, someone paid 1559psf for a 980sq ft 2 bedder. the size indicates its one of the top most floors and I assume it is for stack 9 which would be the best stack for 980sq ft (normal size 1001sq ft). even then, i think the buyer bought it too ex. limited upside. if its not for stack the 9 then the buyer is one big big sucker.

bargain hunter
03-07-09, 13:21
i think the peak for stack 9 in 07 was 16xx, that's why i thought not much upside if you buy at 1559psf. yes, i think the information coincides, should be a 28-09. i think 29-09 is the penthouse. yup, for stack 29 you need at least #25 or 26 to clear the upcoming Lucida and remain completely unblocked panaromic view. :) but VIVA coming up on the left side would be a slight eyesore.

Again, it illustrates my point that if you are an individual seller of the same unit, you cannot command developer's price. Funny Singaporean mentality or maybe its just that developer has clout and easier to sell. Individual seller would have gotten 14xx at best i think.

Heard that there is indeed one 2 bedder unit on stack 9, something like 28 or 29th floor where developer is asking like 15xx psf. Not sure whether it is this one? I have seen this unit before and the view is superb! However, regardless of which stack and which floor and what view, paying such price for this location is like... :scared-1:.

If I don't know that there is a recession still going on, I would have thought that we are still in Dec 2007 when every economic report coming out is so SUNNY and everybody enjoying HUGE PAY RISE year after year! This 1559 psf is already very close to the peak price ever transacted in Park Infinia in late 2007/early 2008!

dormer
03-07-09, 17:39
I had comfirmed the Unit no should be #27-09 for 1559psf. #24-04 transact lower at 1380psf in the same period.

There is a big gap for pricing between good and lousy facing in PI.

duckweed
03-07-09, 19:30
can one see marina bay from stack 9?

bargain hunter
04-07-09, 08:01
i think the currently do-able transactions are in the 13xx to 14xx range. lousy facing i think deserve only 12xx but current sentiment maybe someone will pay 13xx for those. 24-04 could be because of the higher quantum since its 1130sq ft and absolute quantum even at 1380psf is higher than 27-09 at 1559psf and all you get is an additional study. Besides, 27-09 is likely to be a one-off developer's record price, 15xx should be hard to be transacted even in current market.

I had comfirmed the Unit no should be #27-09 for 1559psf. #24-04 transact lower at 1380psf in the same period.

There is a big gap for pricing between good and lousy facing in PI.

denverusa
04-07-09, 16:02
hd from agent that one more transaction closed at 1520 psf 2 nites ago.

teddybear
04-07-09, 16:07
Good for property owners especially those in Park Infinia as this is already almost peak price in late 2007/2008! The economy is 'SUNNY' all over again (at least for PI)! :cheers1:

hd from agent that one more transaction closed at 1520 psf 2 nites ago.

dmonddd
06-07-09, 00:37
what evr it is...fact of d matter is prices went up becoz of buyers.

chasing prices. no one can read trend 100% correct.
if there's a need, there's supply.
and banks are now more flexible on financing margin. back to 90%

teddybear
06-07-09, 08:31
I heard that it is 90% financing BUT overloaded with additional 1% interest rate (vs 80% financing)? What a joke about 90% financing these banks are providing. Imagine how much more interest one has to pay if one is to take up 90% financing!

what evr it is...fact of d matter is prices went up becoz of buyers.

chasing prices. no one can read trend 100% correct.
if there's a need, there's supply.
and banks are now more flexible on financing margin. back to 90%

dmonddd
06-07-09, 11:25
I heard that it is 90% financing BUT overloaded with additional 1% interest rate (vs 80% financing)? What a joke about 90% financing these banks are providing. Imagine how much more interest one has to pay if one is to take up 90% financing!

10% additional financing margin versus potential capital appreciation
And this additional 1% interest rate is small esp. for more than 15 years loan tenor.

when the economy recovers everything revert to competition, price war, refinancing at no cost.....usual song and dance.

but good thing is that the current yet to recover economy banks are willing to finance up to 90%.

risk versus return.
normal in any business to up interest /price for a higher risk proposition.

dmonddd
06-07-09, 11:26

And this additional 1% interest rate is small esp. for more than 15 years loan tenor.

when the economy recovers everything revert to competition, price war, refinancing at no cost.....usual song and dance.

but good thing is that the current yet to recover economy banks are willing to finance up to 90%.

risk versus return.

teddybear
06-07-09, 13:07
How can this 1% additional financing be small? Take for eg a property purchased at $1.4m.
Bank loan at 2.5% interest rate for 80% financing means a loan of $1.12m and total interest over 5 years of $132.0k (30 years loan).
Bank loan at 3.5% interest rate for a 90% financing means a loan of $1.26m and total interest over 5 years of $209.7k (30 years loan).

The additional 1% interest will be $77.7k over 5 years! The additional cash to reduce 90% financing to 80% financing in this case is only $140k which he will earns pittance (<1%) if put in bank anyway. If a person does not have the $140k to take advantage of the cheaper debt (can save $77.7k interest charges over 5 years) and still live comfortably for next 5-10 years (to wait for the next property boom (assuming that there will be - not like the lost decade in Japan), he shouldn't be buying the property at all as nobody can guarantee a property boom! :doh:

risk versus return.

dmonddd
06-07-09, 13:53
How can this 1% additional financing be small? Take for eg a property purchased at $1.4m.
Bank loan at 2.5% interest rate for 80% financing means a loan of $1.12m and total interest over 5 years of $132.0k (30 years loan).
Bank loan at 3.5% interest rate for a 90% financing means a loan of $1.26m and total interest over 5 years of $209.7k (30 years loan).

The additional 1% interest will be $77.7k over 5 years! The additional cash to reduce 90% financing to 80% financing in this case is only $140k which he will earns pittance (<1%) if put in bank anyway. If a person does not have the $140k to take advantage of the cheaper debt (can save $77.7k interest charges over 5 years) and still live comfortably for next 5-10 years (to wait for the next property boom (assuming that there will be - not like the lost decade in Japan), he shouldn't be buying the property at all as nobody can guarantee a property boom! :doh:

agree if you are sitting out the 30 years loan. but everyone is talking abt investing, whether locals/foreigners.

and investors' risk preference is different versus a home owner.

so it depends on an investor who's looking at $300-400psf capital gains in next 5 years versus interest of $78k.

so you are right in a way and so are my views. i missed the chance of buying in april on one unit high floor at residences@evelyn. now i can never turn back the clock. same views i see on forum saying downturn economy slow to rebound, bankruptcy mode.....advices are free. and there was this bargain hunter who said the true thing...everyone in this forum has an agenda. :) :hell-hath-no-fury: bankers, agents, property hudners, sellers....

bargain hunter
06-07-09, 16:37
hahaha, here I am again. Don't worry about the missed chance. more opportunities will come.

agree if you are sitting out the 30 years loan. but everyone is talking abt investing, whether locals/foreigners.

and investors' risk preference is different versus a home owner.

so it depends on an investor who's looking at $300-400psf capital gains in next 5 years versus interest of $78k.

so you are right in a way and so are my views. i missed the chance of buying in april on one unit high floor at residences@evelyn. now i can never turn back the clock. same views i see on forum saying downturn economy slow to rebound, bankruptcy mode.....advices are free. and there was this bargain hunter who said the true thing...everyone in this forum has an agenda. :) :hell-hath-no-fury: bankers, agents, property hudners, sellers....

DKSG
06-07-09, 21:02
Anyone got any more news of PI last transactions?

duckweed
06-07-09, 21:14
just realised today they have moved the showunit to #13-10. didn't even visit #26-09 (the previous show unit)

back to my eariler question.... is one able to see marina bay from stack 9? just wondering why the price is so high for this stack.

teddybear
06-07-09, 22:33
Heard stack #26-09 has been sold. View from this unit quite wide and impressive, but still cannot see Marina Bay and Flyer. Can see top part of Marina IR building. I believe stack 9 is the best stack in Park Infinia, hence commanding better price than other stacks.

just realised today they have moved the showunit to #13-10. didn't even visit #26-09 (the previous show unit)

back to my eariler question.... is one able to see marina bay from stack 9? just wondering why the price is so high for this stack.

proud owner
06-07-09, 22:44
Heard stack #26-09 has been sold. View from this unit quite wide and impressive, but still cannot see Marina Bay and Flyer. Can see top part of Marina IR building. I believe stack 9 is the best stack in Park Infinia, hence commanding better price than other stacks.

a distant view only ...

people really find all sorts of reason to sell high ...

no wonder woodleigh is 900 psf for a 99yr lease project ... near cemetery .. extremely convenient come 7th mth ...

DKSG
06-07-09, 23:35
So whats the last done price ?

PS : I have to declare that I DO NOT own a unit at PI.

proud owner
06-07-09, 23:39
So whats the last done price ?

PS : I have to declare that I DO NOT own a unit at PI.

go to www.ura.gov.sg (http://www.ura.gov.sg) check out the caveat .. they can however be 1-2 mths old ...

but at least thats REAL done prices and not hearsay

orange
07-07-09, 00:59
knn cannot believe how pathetic you all are. can see marina ir, flyer so what? big ****? can improve your life? how to justify such high price? really grasping at straws!

bargain hunter
07-07-09, 01:04
stack 9 has the best size/view combination, that's why so expensive. the smaller 2 bedders in the last block will be blocked by upcoming VIVA and does not have private lift (not sure if this is an advantage or disadvantage). stacks 6 and 7 don't even face the development. stack 4 is a 2+study but the quantum is too high due to its bigger size and it is still afterall just a 2 bedder. So that leaves stack 9 as the supposed "premium" stack.

dmonddd
07-07-09, 13:55
sellers r just pushing d prices higher and higher. or r d agents d one?
financing from banks eased and valuers r back. at d rate things r moving, we may c a sharp spike again.

duckweed
08-07-09, 00:40
stack 9 has the best size/view combination, that's why so expensive. the smaller 2 bedders in the last block will be blocked by upcoming VIVA and does not have private lift (not sure if this is an advantage or disadvantage). stacks 6 and 7 don't even face the development. stack 4 is a 2+study but the quantum is too high due to its bigger size and it is still afterall just a 2 bedder. So that leaves stack 9 as the supposed "premium" stack.
i was of the impression stack 2 is the best stack in PI. never been into any stack 2 unit, so cannot explain why it is so, other than the fact that it's got the best views in PI.

viva will definitely block tower 6a. not sure if tower 6 will be spared.

btw, i understand that #23-08 was sold for 1400psf recently (not developer sale). caveat is out already.

denverusa
08-07-09, 00:44
stack 2 has 270 degree view, that's why so called best stack. even mid floor is totally unblocked.

duckweed
08-07-09, 00:46
stack 2 has 270 degree view, that's why so called best stack. even mid floor is totally unblocked.
hehe... not so anymore once parc centennial is up.

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 00:55
i meant in terms of size/view combi, stack 9 being a 2 bedder has a lower quantum than stack 2. i have no doubt that stack 2 is the best stack in PI.

yeah, i think block 6 will at least be partially blocked by VIVA (not directly but an eye-sore nonetheless when you look out to the left from the balcony hee) which is a pity, it was really THE premium 3 and 4 bedder block.

yup, i managed to get hold of the recent caveats:

#27-09 1559psf confirmed.
#26-10 1450psf
#26-09 1477psf
#23-08 1400psf
#24-09 1424psf

So far, the handful transacted 1400psf and above.

i was of the impression stack 2 is the best stack in PI. never been into any stack 2 unit, so cannot explain why it is so, other than the fact that it's got the best views in PI.

viva will definitely block tower 6a. not sure if tower 6 will be spared.

btw, i understand that #23-08 was sold for 1400psf recently (not developer sale). caveat is out already.

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 00:57
Parc Centennial is 19 storey? so #2x still have the view i think?

hehe... not so anymore once parc centennial is up.

DKSG
08-07-09, 00:57
Base on the above, I reckon the prices now should be above 1,500 psf ?

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 01:37
asking prices are above 1500psf because of the above, but whether can be transacted or not is another thing. this is a different run from the 07 bull, back then asking prices go up and buyers chase and transact in high volumes, this time ask goes up, buyers do chase but the numbers are few and rare. as u can see, only a handful of transactions at 1400 and above. in reality, it is not easy to transact at 1400 and above unless the unit is on a very high floor and has a good view.

Base on the above, I reckon the prices now should be above 1,500 psf ?

DKSG
08-07-09, 03:04
Lets wait and see whether enough people will buy at $1,500++ to create the new benchmark.

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 08:27
well, we already have the first 1559psf 2009 benchmark for D11 at PI.

its kind of strange. PI's peak psf was 1700 in 2007. To buy above 1500 seems really wierd. just look at stock markets, even after doubling or tripling off their lows, some stocks are still less than half their 2007 highs. would there really be so many unaffected people to chase PI at >1500psf?

Lets wait and see whether enough people will buy at $1,500++ to create the new benchmark.

dmonddd
08-07-09, 08:50
well, we already have the first 1559psf 2009 benchmark for D11 at PI.

its kind of strange. PI's peak psf was 1700 in 2007. To buy above 1500 seems really wierd. just look at stock markets, even after doubling or tripling off their lows, some stocks are still less than half their 2007 highs. would there really be so many unaffected people to chase PI at >1500psf?

demand and supply forces. not to mention neighbours are seeing much stronger rupiah. quickly convert into USD/SGD

let's wait a while. thats wat i've been saying for the past 12 months.....down or up ...still waiting

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 09:12
yup, waited for 12 months already, may as well wait for another 12 months. in the post above i only listed those 1400psf and above transactions. there are also many transactions done at 12xx and 13xx recently but for poorer facing.

e.g. #16-14 at 1280psf, #06-05 at 1250psf. #06-04 at 1230psf.

demand and supply forces. not to mention neighbours are seeing much stronger rupiah. quickly convert into USD/SGD

let's wait a while. thats wat i've been saying for the past 12 months.....down or up ...still waiting

dmonddd
08-07-09, 09:19
yup, waited for 12 months already, may as well wait for another 12 months. in the post above i only listed those 1400psf and above transactions. there are also many transactions done at 12xx and 13xx recently but for poorer facing.

e.g. #16-14 at 1280psf, #06-05 at 1250psf. #06-04 at 1230psf.

problem is when the prices are to your favor, really low....the problem as mentioned before - valuer cant value at your desired purchase price, and bank's margin of financing is lower & based on lower valuation.

no issue for ppl with more than 50% cash for downpayment and those who work in banks wih benefits on lower interest rate and higher financing margin

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 09:23
precisely. it always only benefits the cash rich. perhaps next time round (provided not another credit crisis), if just a "normal" recession, banks may lower but able to finance 70% instead of 60 or 50 only. So at the least, find enough cash+cpf to pay 30% upfront. :)

problem is when the prices are to your favor, really low....the problem as mentioned before - valuer cant value at your desired purchase price, and bank's margin of financing is lower & based on lower valuation.

no issue for ppl with more than 50% cash for downpayment and those who work in banks wih benefits on lower interest rate and higher financing margin

dmonddd
08-07-09, 09:33
precisely. it always only benefits the cash rich. perhaps next time round (provided not another credit crisis), if just a "normal" recession, banks may lower but able to finance 70% instead of 60 or 50 only. So at the least, find enough cash+cpf to pay 30% upfront. :)

may not be only 30% upfront...as banks will finance 70% of valuation
if valuation is lower by another 20%, the bank will only finance 56% of your purchase price. cpf & cash upfront 42% instead of 30%

Simple calculation:
purchase price $1000 psf, valuer can only give value at $800psf
bank finances only 70% of $800psf = $560psf
buyer now forks out $420psf instead of $300psf (budget all out)

Size of 1000sq ft property translates into additional of $120k.

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 09:36
but if the market turns down, then u be yaya and offer to buy only at valuation mah. :) now of course sellers yaya and no choice but like you said, how many pple can/is willing to buy at only 56% financing currently?

may not be only 30% upfront...as banks will finance 70% of valuation
if valuation is lower by another 20%, the bank will only finance 56% of your purchase price. cpf & cash upfront 42% instead of 30%

Simple calculation:
purchase price $1000 psf, valuer can only give value at $800psf
bank finances only 70% of $800psf = $560psf
buyer now forks out $420psf instead of $300psf (budget all out)

Size of 1000sq ft property translates into additional of $120k.

dmonddd
08-07-09, 13:54
but if the market turns down, then u be yaya and offer to buy only at valuation mah. :) now of course sellers yaya and no choice but like you said, how many pple can/is willing to buy at only 56% financing currently?

had chances at D11 newton properties park infinia, residences@evelyn two three months ago when financing margin was lower and prices were flat. your mention of buying at valuation prices did not work leh.
:doh: :banghead:

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 13:57
the sellers were not willing to sell at valuation prices at that time? i thought quite a few units were transacted at valuation then?

had chances at D11 newton properties park infinia, residences@evelyn two three months ago when financing margin was lower and prices were flat. your mention of buying at valuation prices did not work leh.

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 14:05
if you disregard the top 5 transactions at 1400 and above and the 3 lows below 1300psf. recently, actually most units were transacted at 13xx:

24-04 1380
04-16 1377
07-09 1350
17-04 1314
17-09 1386
14-04 1303
04-09 1342
14-10 1364
02-09 1309

noticed that the bulk of transactions 1300 and above are mainly concentrated in stacks 04, 09 and 10? particularly stack 9 regardless of which floor. of course most of this is also the result of them clearing stock at stacks 4, 9 and 10 which they value more than their other remaining units.

dmonddd
08-07-09, 14:06

duckweed
08-07-09, 20:25
i meant in terms of size/view combi, stack 9 being a 2 bedder has a lower quantum than stack 2. i have no doubt that stack 2 is the best stack in PI.

yeah, i think block 6 will at least be partially blocked by VIVA (not directly but an eye-sore nonetheless when you look out to the left from the balcony hee) which is a pity, it was really THE premium 3 and 4 bedder block.

yup, i managed to get hold of the recent caveats:

#27-09 1559psf confirmed.
#26-10 1450psf
#26-09 1477psf
#23-08 1400psf
#24-09 1424psf

So far, the handful transacted 1400psf and above.

just re-read your earlier posting... and noticed you mention size/view combi. my bad :ashamed1:

thanks for the string of caveats.... feels good knowing prices are moving up. not that it really matters anyways. i have no plans to sell - up or down - makes no diff to me.

duckweed
08-07-09, 20:30
Parc Centennial is 19 storey? so #2x still have the view i think?
should have been a little clearer - was referring to the mid-floor units since the earlier post by denverusa mentioned mid floor units.

even then, i think the view will still be pretty good. just realised those with orchard view can enojoy the changing colours of orchard central. look pretty cool at night.

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 20:31
yeah, i think depending on stack/view at least its now 12xx to 14xx vs 10xx to 12xx earlier this year. i think this is quite fair but to pay 15xx, i still think not worth it.

just re-read your earlier posting... and noticed you mention size/view combi. my bad :ashamed1:

thanks for the string of caveats.... feels good knowing prices are moving up. not that it really matters anyways. i have no plans to sell - up or down - makes no diff to me.

denverusa
08-07-09, 20:45
parc centinial is jus one building so it doesnt block the entire 270 degrees scenery. the totally unblocked scenery stretch from CTE, jalan besah, concourse, suntec, marina , IR, raffles city, the entire CBD area, istana, orchard area until shangrila hotel and bukit timah (for penthouse). mid floor also can see cos i went to see several units in stk 2 from low, mid to penthouse .

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 22:07
yeah, but for the mid floors i guess its just irritating to have a building sticking out on the right side (direction of fireworks :) )

parc centinial is jus one building so it doesnt block the entire 270 degrees scenery. the totally unblocked scenery stretch from CTE, jalan besah, concourse, suntec, marina , IR, raffles city, the entire CBD area, istana, orchard area until shangrila hotel and bukit timah (for penthouse). mid floor also can see cos i went to see several units in stk 2 from low, mid to penthouse .

duckweed
08-07-09, 23:00

sounds good... i had no idea it's that extensive. thankfully no frosted glass for PI. i kinda like the greenery around the istana area.

dormer
09-07-09, 09:07
One of my agent told me that stack 3 being directly facing the Orchard & Istana has a better view than stack 2. Stack3 will not be blocked by Parc Centinial. I do not have a chance to see stack3 because nobody is selling the high floor unit now. Can anybody verify?

denverusa
09-07-09, 09:53
stk 3 high flr thot developer is hv 1 unit ? u can ask knight frank agent. dun like stk 3 cos all rooms are west facing !! for the rooms, there is more bukit timah view, i thk u can even see until pasir pajang. very hot, the living and dining also smaller areas compared to stack 2.

forget to add stk 2 low and mid floor, all rooms hv full pool view. for high floor u can see esplanade, tanjung rhu and the sea ! v nice. when i was at the penthouse, u hv tis feeling that whole singapore is at yr feet !

bargain hunter
09-07-09, 10:01
that is true for their living room. however, MIRO is coming up directly beside it and that limits its view. in addition, over the next few years, the construction of MIRO would make stack 3 less desirable, bearing the direct impact of dust and noise and a building (as tall as PI) coming up so close by.

One of my agent told me that stack 3 being directly facing the Orchard & Istana has a better view than stack 2. Stack3 will not be blocked by Parc Centinial. I do not have a chance to see stack3 because nobody is selling the high floor unit now. Can anybody verify?

duckweed
09-07-09, 19:42

i too don't really like stack 3 for the same reasons:
- west facing
- round layout, so lagi more wastage. if i recall correctly, mbr is really alot more smaller than the similar 3br units in other stacks
- never seen the orchard view, so cannot comment if it's nice or not. i suppose one will not get any pool view, only the basketball halfcourt
- miro coming up at some point in time, so some blockage will happen
- dust and noise, can't run away, think practically all the units kena.

called tanjung rhu pau today from workplace, aiyoh, the piling i heard over the phone was horrendous - must be coming from viva site.

bargain hunter
09-07-09, 20:36
yeah, the VIVA havoc is coming, next up Miro and Rochelle and The Lincoln Residences!

The havoc is scary. My best example is The Metz which TOP in 2007. 2 years later, it looks so dirty, old and jaded. The tennis court is so dusty it looks like the marks can never be removed. This is a result of the construction of Suites at central, St Thomas Suites and Skypark coming up beside it.

i too don't really like stack 3 for the same reasons:
- west facing
- round layout, so lagi more wastage. if i recall correctly, mbr is really alot more smaller than the similar 3br units in other stacks
- never seen the orchard view, so cannot comment if it's nice or not. i suppose one will not get any pool view, only the basketball halfcourt
- miro coming up at some point in time, so some blockage will happen
- dust and noise, can't run away, think practically all the units kena.

called tanjung rhu pau today from workplace, aiyoh, the piling i heard over the phone was horrendous - must be coming from viva site.

NoodyGirl
12-07-09, 10:41
low floors still can get at low end of 1200s psf

maraniz
12-07-09, 18:00
I am the owner of a brand new 2+1 unit in block 2A, i just got the key one month ago, i d like to rent it out at 4.8k, if anyone is interested, pls call 92257582.

jc
13-07-09, 01:15
I am the owner of a brand new 2+1 unit in block 2A, i just got the key one month ago, i d like to rent it out at 4.8k, if anyone is interested, pls call 92257582.

Why do u give an agt's no.? Are u the agt acting as owner :doh:

orange
13-07-09, 04:31
haha! 92257582 Fanco Chen! Stupid agent should call himself Fan Tong Chen! Think we are fools who dunno how to use Google!

orange
13-07-09, 04:37
on second thought, maybe this Fantong Chen really owns the unit. he bought it at $1600 psf and now needs to sell at $1000 psf.

bargain hunter
13-07-09, 09:57
no leh, highest ever price transacted for the 2+study is 1500psf. among the recent buys from kepland, highest was 1314psf only for #17-04. but $4800 rental for 2 + study is hard to achieve in this kind of market i think.

on second thought, maybe this Fantong Chen really owns the unit. he bought it at $1600 psf and now needs to sell at $1000 psf.

denverusa
13-07-09, 11:12
whatevever it is , dun think we should call anyone stupid in this forum......we can choose to ignore the post . have a great week everyone !

dmonddd
16-07-09, 09:05
congested...it gives me feel of public development with the many units.
my wife cant seem to convince me to buy a unit here. and i cant find any other reasons other than big land area to accept this project.

teddybear
16-07-09, 09:18
This condo gives me a feel of being "mass market", reminds of "Executive Condominium" where building >400 units in 1 limited size estate is a norm for EC. Then, people start to realize that the facilities are not enough (facilities by itself are large but divide by 486 units in Park Infinia and suddenly people start to realize that it is very small indeed!).
Just to quote 1 example for this 486 units condo estate: 2 tennis courts => on average 283 units share 1 tennis court (vs norm of about 150 sharing 1 tennis court).
The same can be said about the swimming pool, gym etc facilities. Ops, there is only 1 shower in the toilet beside the swimming pool!

congested...it gives me feel of public development with the many units.
my wife cant seem to convince me to buy a unit here. and i cant find any other reasons other than big land area to accept this project.

dmonddd
16-07-09, 09:34
This condo gives me a feel of being "mass market", reminds of "Executive Condominium" where building >400 units in 1 limited size estate is a norm for EC. Then, people start to realize that the facilities are not enough (facilities by itself are large but divide by 486 units in Park Infinia and suddenly people start to realize that it is very small indeed!).
Just to quote 1 example for this 486 units condo estate: 2 tennis courts => on average 283 units share 1 tennis court (vs norm of about 150 sharing 1 tennis court).
The same can be said about the swimming pool, gym etc facilities. Ops, there is only 1 shower in the toilet beside the swimming pool!

on the dot....that's the FEEL.

am on a daily basis deliberating with wife on buying Park infinia or residences@evelyn. residences@evelyn is more exclusive from feel....she finds the open concept bathroom unacceptable. but i find it ***y. :)

you are right on the nos and you havent counted no of people per unit..not to mention when friends and relatives visit and enjoy the facilities as well....for e.g. min 2 persons per unit= 1000 people. await for higher occupation and wld like to watch the traffic. carpark in residences@evelyn is more roomier and half vacant as most occupants/tenants take mrt/cab

teddybear
16-07-09, 21:50
Thing usually happens this way: For a condo with smaller number of units, if just 1 or 2 households always have large number of visitors "hogging" the facilities, we can tell them off easily. But in so large estate and 50 or more households doing the same thing, there is no way to tell them off because they will point to the next family and say that they are also doing the same! :doh:

on the dot....that's the FEEL.

am on a daily basis deliberating with wife on buying Park infinia or residences@evelyn. residences@evelyn is more exclusive from feel....she finds the open concept bathroom unacceptable. but i find it ***y. :)

you are right on the nos and you havent counted no of people per unit..not to mention when friends and relatives visit and enjoy the facilities as well....for e.g. min 2 persons per unit= 1000 people. await for higher occupation and wld like to watch the traffic. carpark in residences@evelyn is more roomier and half vacant as most occupants/tenants take mrt/cab

melodies
18-07-09, 19:02
Heard that Park Infinia has not received CSC (certificate of statutory completion) yet despite having TOP for more than 1 year. Anybody know what is the reason that causes BCA not to issue CSC to PI? As far as I know, developers will usually rush to get CSC within half a year after TOP so that they can collect the remaining 15% payment as soon as possible. I have a feeling something is holding back (some structural or whatever problems with the estate?). :confused:

bargain hunter
18-07-09, 22:36
I think PI has already received the CSC, your source may be incorrect.

Sometimes i use the new project sales list, issued every 15th of the month, to guage but that may be inaccurate. I don't understand why The Sail and Icon are still in the list so long after their TOP (I had suspected that they have not received their CSC but can't confirm). Park Infinia had disappeared from that list even before it had sold all its remaining units. I had checked and PI has already received their CSC.

Heard that Park Infinia has not received CSC (certificate of statutory completion) yet despite having TOP for more than 1 year. Anybody know what is the reason that causes BCA not to issue CSC to PI? As far as I know, developers will usually rush to get CSC within half a year after TOP so that they can collect the remaining 15% payment as soon as possible. I have a feeling something is holding back (some structural or whatever problems with the estate?). :confused:

teddybear
18-07-09, 23:03
I am very sure The Sail and Icon had already received CSC but not about PI. Last time I checked (about 4 weeks ago), it still has not received CSC. Will check again from my reliable sources.

I think PI has already received the CSC, your source may be incorrect.

Sometimes i use the new project sales list, issued every 15th of the month, to guage but that may be inaccurate. I don't understand why The Sail and Icon are still in the list so long after their TOP (I had suspected that they have not received their CSC but can't confirm). Park Infinia had disappeared from that list even before it had sold all its remaining units. I had checked and PI has already received their CSC.

bargain hunter
18-07-09, 23:42
so any idea why the sail and icon still appears on the new home sales list? :) PI i think quite recently they have received, you can check with your sources, i think pretty confirmed.

I am very sure The Sail and Icon had already received CSC but not about PI. Last time I checked (about 4 weeks ago), it still has not received CSC. Will check again from my reliable sources.

duckweed
19-07-09, 01:10
checked my lawyer's letter. CSC for PI obtained in nov 2008.

dmonddd
19-07-09, 09:40
CSC will come if not received.

most important is to see what d project has to offer versus others

dmonddd
19-07-09, 09:44
n i still cant convince myself to buy into PI..

EC housing with acceptable finishing in good district for price of prime districts. congestion. only exception in facilities -aqua pool....paying extra$$$for that

Can other projects in same district better PI?

shubh
19-07-09, 12:00
Thanks for forwarding this useful information. I think prices will certainly go up within one or two yrs when the buyers will start moving in. It will be a good investment, but chose the north or east facing near the road, if possible.

teddybear
19-07-09, 18:36
You staying in PI? CSC in Nov 2008? So you have fully paid up (no more outstanding 15% payment)? Very surprised to hear this because my understanding is PI TOP in about Aug 2008 and normally CSC only issued at least 6 months or more after TOP.

checked my lawyer's letter. CSC for PI obtained in nov 2008.

dmonddd
19-07-09, 19:32
but why would d prices go up in 1-2 years time as the other surrounding projects with better finishing and lower density wld be completed by then. All my friends hv been telling me not to buy project with less than 60 units or more than 200 units. otherwise one looks like a cluster with alot of involvement in management committeee and the other with the feel of public housing.

Thanks for forwarding this useful information. I think prices will certainly go up within one or two yrs when the buyers will start moving in. It will be a good investment, but chose the north or east facing near the road, if possible.

NoodyGirl
19-07-09, 21:06
anyone confirmed that the car park had a flooding incident?

duckweed
20-07-09, 03:08
You staying in PI? CSC in Nov 2008? So you have fully paid up (no more outstanding 15% payment)? Very surprised to hear this because my understanding is PI TOP in about Aug 2008 and normally CSC only issued at least 6 months or more after TOP.
if i recall correctly, PI TOP'd in mar 2008, so nov 2008 is pretty normal. so, yes, this means that keppel has received every single cent of what is due to them. what's misleading, maybe, could be due to them still being on-site issuing keys and doing unit defect fixing.

duckweed
20-07-09, 03:09

what do you mean by north or east facing near the road? what road is this?

duckweed
20-07-09, 03:18
anyone confirmed that the car park had a flooding incident?
i use the carpark everyday, but am not aware of any flooding incident.

NoodyGirl
20-07-09, 09:40

thanks
looks like false rumor

NoodyGirl
20-07-09, 09:41

Im looking to buy on next dip
can u advise which stack has
1. 3 bedrooms
2. face pool or morning sun

jc
20-07-09, 15:28
but why would d prices go up in 1-2 years time as the other surrounding projects with better finishing and lower density wld be completed by then. All my friends hv been telling me not to buy project with less than 60 units or more than 200 units. otherwise one looks like a cluster with alot of involvement in management committeee and the other with the feel of public housing.

<100 units usually smallish project with small land size & high maintenance fees. Own stay by all means, i will pass if foe investment. Your friends are certainly novice investors. Does Ardmore Park give u a public housing feel?

dmonddd
20-07-09, 15:50
<100 units usually smallish project with small land size & high maintenance fees. Own stay by all means, i will pass if foe investment. Your friends are certainly novice investors. Does Ardmore Park give u a public housing feel?

I shld rephrase from "public house" to "congested" feel. I'm sure you will be searching for parking space all the time. let's hear comments from those who stayed in larger projects > 300 units

jc
20-07-09, 16:14
I shld rephrase from "public house" to "congested" feel. I'm sure you will be searching for parking space all the time. let's hear comments from those who stayed in larger projects > 300 units

Usually such condo >300 units has Full condo facilities including tennis court and a reasonable size pool. Strangely, parking spaces are more ample than small projects cos not every household own a car as some are tenanted units. Smallish projects have more parking space problems. Do the math. U will know what i mean. Good luck :)

carpel
20-07-09, 16:31
Usually such condo >300 units has Full condo facilities including tennis court and a reasonable size pool. Strangely, parking spaces are more ample than small projects cos not every household own a car as some are tenanted units. Smallish projects have more parking space problems. Do the math. U will know what i mean. Good luck :)

I agree.. there is no parking issues at PI.. plenty of spaces .. since most of the units are tenanted and do not own cars. The train station is just stone throw away.. so convenient

dmonddd
20-07-09, 16:36

i'm staying in project in D21 with units > 500 units. finding carpark is a nightmare, esp. when COE was lower, newer generation prefers to own a car and when each household/unit owns more than one car.

surprisingly smaller projects I've seen of late - gilstead 38, gloucester, d'evelyn have ample parking. and esp. those nearer to MRT, for e.g. residences@evelyn although with units > 200.

as mentioned in earlier posts, 2 persons x no of units, developer needs to build larger facilities.

duckweed
20-07-09, 20:08
Im looking to buy on next dip
can u advise which stack has
1. 3 bedrooms
2. face pool or morning sun

you should be looking out for:
- stack 2 (the one with the best views)
- stack 1
- stack 8 (better view than stack 1)
- stack 11 (the biggest sized 3bedder)
- stack 14 (not wise to choose this as it'll be blocked by viva)

duckweed
20-07-09, 21:05
i'm staying in project in D21 with units > 500 units. finding carpark is a nightmare, esp. when COE was lower, newer generation prefers to own a car and when each household/unit owns more than one car.

surprisingly smaller projects I've seen of late - gilstead 38, gloucester, d'evelyn have ample parking. and esp. those nearer to MRT, for e.g. residences@evelyn although with units > 200.

as mentioned in earlier posts, 2 persons x no of units, developer needs to build larger facilities.

maybe, when mrt comes your way, the parking situation will get better. regarding facilities... not sure about others, but i hardly ever use them. i tend to think there are others like me in the estate.

qus
20-07-09, 23:01
Personally I prefer PI over Res Evelyn. Spent 6-9 months scouting both developments. Visited numerous units in both..

PI, tho appears to have that many units, never felt too crowded for me.

I like stack 14 as layout was more functional, without the planters, pte lifts etc. Stack 3 was not bad too.

In end found the living rooms a bit too small for me. I need lots of space.

dmonddd
20-07-09, 23:21
Personally I prefer PI over Res Evelyn. Spent 6-9 months scouting both developments. Visited numerous units in both..

PI, tho appears to have that many units, never felt too crowded for me.

I like stack 14 as layout was more functional, without the planters, pte lifts etc. Stack 3 was not bad too.

In end found the living rooms a bit too small for me. I need lots of space.

i personally feel otherwise....Res Evelyn has the exclusivity. The only attraction i see in PI is it's BIG...material finishing (door, tiles, kitchen) is lacking compared to Res Evelyn. projects in east coast have better quality finishes

and feng shui is better at Res Evelyn as it sits on hill top. Across big drain, prices are cheaper.

just again had another session with wife on buying PI or Res Evelyn. trying to convince myself why not buy PI.....

denverusa
20-07-09, 23:27
i personally feel otherwise....Res Evelyn has the exclusivity. The only attraction i see in PI is it's BIG...material finishing (door, tiles, kitchen) is lacking compared to Res Evelyn. projects in east coast have better quality finishes

and feng shui is better at Res Evelyn as it sits on hill top. Across big drain, prices are cheaper.

just again had another session with wife on buying PI or Res Evelyn. trying to convince myself why not buy PI.....

i was looking back at the threads and noticed that u hv been on this debate of PI and Res evelyn every other day or week since jan 09 or so.............!!!????!!!

qus
20-07-09, 23:36
In that case, the ship has long sailed..

duckweed
20-07-09, 23:38
you should be looking out for:
- stack 2 (the one with the best views)
- stack 1
- stack 8 (better view than stack 1)
- stack 12 (the biggest sized 3bedder)
- stack 14 (not wise to choose this as it'll be blocked by viva)

oops... pls note that stack 11 should be stack 12 instead. always get these 2 stacks mixed up.

duckweed
20-07-09, 23:44

you have to be aware that PI was 1st launched at ~800psf (i think). if you have so many concerns/issues about a particular project, shouldn't be too hard to give it a miss... why need convincing :beats-me-man:

denverusa
20-07-09, 23:48
seriously, there is no perfect condo. probably the most perfect one is the one that is out of reach. i like the exclusivity of evelyn but not the noise or layout. i like the view and convenience of PI but not the huge population. i love the location of viva but not the noise. we can go on and on for months and nw u r talking abt carpark !!!???? ultimately wat is more important is to lock in the price that u can afford it. u can do a lateral switch within the area later. we are talking abt quarter million diff from feb low point to nw and u can literally buy a ship !!

dmonddd
20-07-09, 23:53
thanks all...the last two postings made me decide to go for Res Evelyn....

august
21-07-09, 00:01
ya i agree with denver.. must set price to enter, once price hit go in liao.. dont wait and ding dong end up never get .. disappointment is 1 thing, time wasted is another...

personally i prefer r@e ~ :o

chosen1
21-07-09, 00:15
dmonddd,
agree with you on PI finishing, nothing to be proud of :doh:

orange
21-07-09, 00:51
me too. res@evelyn for me! somehow, it feels like a more classy neighborhood. ACS barker just round the corner!

dmonddd
21-07-09, 08:36
thanks again orang, chosen1, august for your input....

you all further convince me of choosing res@evelyn. will be aggressively hunting..

dmonddd
21-07-09, 08:49
seriously, there is no perfect condo. probably the most perfect one is the one that is out of reach. i like the exclusivity of evelyn but not the noise or layout. i like the view and convenience of PI but not the huge population. i love the location of viva but not the noise. we can go on and on for months and nw u r talking abt carpark !!!???? ultimately wat is more important is to lock in the price that u can afford it. u can do a lateral switch within the area later. we are talking abt quarter million diff from feb low point to nw and u can literally buy a ship !!

your rationale is logical...but decision making is not solely one...hence the "since Jan 2009 deliberation on res@e/PI" session

hopefully this will come to a conclusion..

dormer
21-07-09, 10:14
thanks again orang, chosen1, august for your input....

you all further convince me of choosing res@evelyn. will be aggressively hunting..

After taking so long for you to decide which project you want to proceed, you will face the next hurdle which is the bank valuation against the current high asking price of the sellers.

dmonddd
21-07-09, 10:25
After taking so long for you to decide which project you want to proceed, you will face the next hurdle which is the bank valuation against the current high asking price of the sellers.

what to do...that differentiate a winner and a loser.
anyway i m buying to stay.....more downpayment $$$$ sigh

dormer
21-07-09, 10:49
what to do...that differentiate a winner and a loser.
anyway i m buying to stay.....more downpayment $$$$ sigh

Went for house hunting past 2 weeks and asked the bank for a few valuation. Do you know that the bank valuation not even close to the asking price even though I want to pay slighty more downpayment.

I have given up now because the current asking is too ridiculous to make a deal. It is liked the 2007 peak where the sellers call the shot.

Good Luck to you!

teddybear
21-07-09, 12:50
Think you didn't try hard enough. Just 1 week ago, I heard banks have mostly raised their valuations. For example, I asked for quotations of 2 properties in same stack of same condo, one on low floor and no view and another on higher floor and good view. Initially, banks mostly quoted about $1.24m and $1.31m respectively. Subsequently, they revised the valuations to $1.30m and $1.46m. So, valuation is actually catching up with asking price as time goes by.

Went for house hunting past 2 weeks and asked the bank for a few valuation. Do you know that the bank valuation not even close to the asking price even though I want to pay slighty more downpayment.

I have given up now because the current asking is too ridiculous to make a deal. It is liked the 2007 peak where the sellers call the shot.

Good Luck to you!

dmonddd
21-07-09, 13:42
downturn sellers call the shot, bull market, sellers call the shot.

diff between bear and bull market is whether the bank/valuer can catch up.......

dormer
21-07-09, 15:30
Think you didn't try hard enough. Just 1 week ago, I heard banks have mostly raised their valuations. For example, I asked for quotations of 2 properties in same stack of same condo, one on low floor and no view and another on higher floor and good view. Initially, banks mostly quoted about $1.24m and $1.31m respectively. Subsequently, they revised the valuations to $1.30m and $1.46m. So, valuation is actually catching up with asking price as time goes by.

Don't forget the sellers can also raise their price as well even though valuation try to catch up. I remember during the boom in 2007, the sellers change their selling price every week.

teddybear
21-07-09, 15:39
It depends on whether the sellers are sincere sellers or not. If they are not, you can just move on to next property since what the sellers want is a moving target and we don't have to waste time to play their game. At least, as far as I know, many sellers stick to their higher asking price and still negotiable to certain extent (the most is they stick to their original asking price and not allowing any cut).

Don't forget the sellers can also raise their price as well even though valuation try to catch up. I remember during the boom in 2007, the sellers change their selling price every week.

Lord Anus
21-07-09, 15:48

in 2007, in prime districts, every week market asking price increase by $100 psf just like that... really insane... hope we don't see that in future.

dormer
21-07-09, 16:29
It depends on whether the sellers are sincere sellers or not. If they are not, you can just move on to next property since what the sellers want is a moving target and we don't have to waste time to play their game. At least, as far as I know, many sellers stick to their higher asking price and still negotiable to certain extent (the most is they stick to their original asking price and not allowing any cut).

My current experience doesn't show that seller is motivated to sell compare to few months back. Most of them are asking for future pricing especially those who own the premium unit. As an investor, I would like to get a premium unit so that sales or rental is easier next time.

richie$$$
21-07-09, 23:23
My current experience doesn't show that seller is motivated to sell compare to few months back. Most of them are asking for future pricing especially those who own the premium unit. As an investor, I would like to get a premium unit so that sales or rental is easier next time.
in fact i realised those who hv choice units will be d last one making profits.

dmonddd
21-07-09, 23:45
in fact i realised those who hv choice units will be d last one making profits.

because those sellers with choice units think that their units will fetch a premium and hold on to prices. for those with nonchoice units will just flog it off quickly before the downturn

qus
22-07-09, 00:20

Good Luck to you!

are you sticking with the same bank for your valuations?

do some homework. for your targetted projects, figure who the marketing agent is. normally there is a tie up with a bank. those banks generally know the project better and could offer more mkt valuation..

of course if the asking price is way out there, no way valuations can match.

good luck

teddybear
22-07-09, 10:01
I would expect this to be the case given the rising property prices now. Nevertheless, at any time, there will always be sellers, just that whether the unit is right for you and at the right price for you. You just have to spend time to dig for gem & prepare to negotiate with sellers.

dmonddd
22-07-09, 14:22
I would expect this to be the case given the rising property prices now. Nevertheless, at any time, there will always be sellers, just that whether the unit is right for you and at the right price for you. You just have to spend time to dig for gem & prepare to negotiate with sellers.

there also desperate sellers.

teddybear
22-07-09, 14:26
There will always be, just that there are now more buyers and "early bird gets the worm".

there also desperate sellers.

dmonddd
22-07-09, 15:46
Personally, i find PI out for me...despite teddy bear's weak points

teddybear
22-07-09, 20:54
Ai! Talk about Feng Shui and I am sure you don't know about its principle from your statement: "feng shui is better at Res Evelyn as it sits on hill top.".
Actually, sitting on a hill-top doesn't mean it is good feng shui. On the contrary, sitting on a hill-top with no backing is a absolute NO-NO in Feng Shui (Sorry for telling the truth regarding Feng Shui). :o

proud owner
22-07-09, 21:02
There will always be, just that there are now more buyers and "early bird gets the worm".

the worm was earlier than the bird ... and got eaten .. ????@$?%#%%$

richie$$$
22-07-09, 22:56
Ai! Talk about Feng Shui and I am sure you don't know about its principle from your statement: "feng shui is better at Res Evelyn as it sits on hill top.".
Actually, sitting on a hill-top doesn't mean it is good feng shui. On the contrary, sitting on a hill-top with no backing is a absolute NO-NO in Feng Shui (Sorry for telling the truth regarding Feng Shui). :o

so PI is better because next to big drain. :doh:
hill backing is general statement. feng shui talks about ergonomics n logic if you have the latter at all.....in times of flood...which project will submerge. res@evelyn is higher than newton road if you can see well.

it is obvious you hv vested interest in PI. sadly I dont hv in any newton

richie$$$
22-07-09, 22:57
and pray hard if the walls dont break..i agree with dmon

teddybear
22-07-09, 23:17
What is "Feng shui"? - Literally "Wind & Water". Big drain, let's see, "Water" right? Water brings Money & Wealth. Not good meh? No wonder now people willing to pay so much for PI vs Res@Evelyn :p

so PI is better because next to big drain. :doh:
hill backing is general statement. feng shui talks about ergonomics n logic if you have the latter at all.....in times of flood...which project will submerge. res@evelyn is higher than newton road if you can see well.

it is obvious you hv vested interest in PI. sadly I dont hv in any newton

chosen1
22-07-09, 23:31
checked out PI last week, the developments surround it (MIro) is very noisy. i was standing in the pool area, and there were loud banging :doh:. may take 1 year for it to stop:doh:

dmonddd
22-07-09, 23:46
What is "Feng shui"? - Literally "Wind & Water". Big drain, let's see, "Water" right? Water brings Money & Wealth. Not good meh? No wonder now people willing to pay so much for PI vs Res@Evelyn :p
master teddy...longkang also deemd as water.....look carefully what type of drain. a lot of diff on what flows there.

await heavy downpour & nearby construction materials flow in, then you understand.
:doh:

dmonddd
22-07-09, 23:52
checked out PI last week, the developments surround it (MIro) is very noisy. i was standing in the pool area, and there were loud banging :doh:. may take 1 year for it to stop:doh:

but i must comment that newton, cairnhill and orchard area will face such issue when property market is bullish...

however, the prices will dip immediately if the banging is so loud.
anyway, i hv no agenda on PI....since it's not my choice.

normally the piling is the killer. hope no kids with major exams are staying nearby..that's bad feng shui...or logically, the loud banging gets on to the nerve of PI residents, children have no good afternoon sleep and hence deterioration in studies, housewife gets short tempered n when husband has little complaint, fuse will blow, windows needs to be closed and increase utility bill for five days...smetimes six...reduce disposal income...= feng shui?

those who work - Ok

teddybear
23-07-09, 09:32
Too bad, now mostly many places also have piling:
PI -> Vida piling
Res@Evelyn -> Trilight piling
:scared-3:

but i must comment that newton, cairnhill and orchard area will face such issue when property market is bullish...

however, the prices will dip immediately if the banging is so loud.
anyway, i hv no agenda on PI....since it's not my choice.

normally the piling is the killer. hope no kids with major exams are staying nearby..that's bad feng shui...or logically, the loud banging gets on to the nerve of PI residents, children have no good afternoon sleep and hence deterioration in studies, housewife gets short tempered n when husband has little complaint, fuse will blow, windows needs to be closed and increase utility bill for five days...smetimes six...reduce disposal income...= feng shui?

those who work - Ok

dmonddd
23-07-09, 10:01
Too bad, now mostly many places also have piling:
PI -> Vida piling
Res@Evelyn -> Trilight piling
:scared-3:

thght master teddy knows the projects surrounding PI better than others....short of upcoming projects along keng lee road and across the big drain

Vida, Miro, .....

bargain hunter
23-07-09, 10:07
Hi guys, the project in front of PI is VIVA not VIDA. Other piling coming up: Lucida also east of PI, Parc Centennial, Newton Edge across the drain, MIRO and The Lincoln Residences west of PI.

dmonddd
23-07-09, 10:46
Hi guys, the project in front of PI is VIVA not VIDA. Other piling coming up: Lucida also east of PI, Parc Centennial, Newton Edge across the drain, MIRO and The Lincoln Residences west of PI.

now i see who is the master....teddy bear is just firing from hip
thanks grand master bargain hunter. you know better

teddybear
23-07-09, 10:47
Sorry for the mistake, "Viva" and "Vida" just sounds too similar. Developers better make sure they use more distinct and easy to recognize names otherwise next time residents take taxi and get delivered to another condo estate. Also, better don't use words like "Arte" (sounds like Ah Ter or in Hokkien means "Ah Short" or "too short". :ashamed1:).
Bargain Hunter, you are the expert here! :cheers1:

teddybear
23-07-09, 10:50
I am just a disciple, grand master is bargain hunter. :D

now i see who is the master....teddy bear is just firing from hip
thanks grand master bargain hunter. you know better

bargain hunter
23-07-09, 10:57
don't like that leh, this kind of tall hat i don't dare to wear. dmonddd knows i have been doing a lot of research on PI. But in the end still could not find a good unit at a good price even at the lows. all the low prices went to the poorer facing ones (even if high floor) then as you can see, all the premium ones sold at 14xx to 15xx recently. but nevermind lah, don't want to stretch in current environment anyway. if i m expert, maybe expert in finding piling locations :D

bargain hunter
23-07-09, 11:10
Duckweed is staying at PI so should have even better insight. :) You are right about these condo names. Anyway, I think taxi drivers usually don't remember the names, you will need to tell them which road, especially the more boutique developments. can't expect them to remember the names right?

Sorry for the mistake, "Viva" and "Vida" just sounds too similar. Developers better make sure they use more distinct and easy to recognize names otherwise next time residents take taxi and get delivered to another condo estate. Also, better don't use words like "Arte" (sounds like Ah Ter or in Hokkien means "Ah Short" or "too short". :ashamed1:).
Bargain Hunter, you are the expert here! :cheers1:

dmonddd
23-07-09, 11:35
don't like that leh, this kind of tall hat i don't dare to wear. dmonddd knows i have been doing a lot of research on PI. But in the end still could not find a good unit at a good price even at the lows. all the low prices went to the poorer facing ones (even if high floor) then as you can see, all the premium ones sold at 14xx to 15xx recently. but nevermind lah, don't want to stretch in current environment anyway. if i m expert, maybe expert in finding piling locations :D

the first phase buyers wld want to flog the units at above $1400psf whilst the second phase buyers wld want to sell above $1600psf.
yes you contributed alot to PI forum as my wife kept and still is pestering me to take a unit..

i see the volatility in prices which makes it tough for an investment decision. but if for own stay, it doesnt matter but deep inside, it still hurts to know that you paid more than your neighbours if prices fall again.
in fact for investment, i see poorer facing units, the sellers may be able to run faster as theyknow the shortfall and will agree to any price so long that they make a profit.

but for own stay, then it will be different.
anyway good luck to grandmaster bargain hunter. patience....
you can check with teddy bear as he may have a unit/units in PI.

i shld minimize comments in this forum since i hv decided to hunt in res@e.

teddybear
23-07-09, 20:32
No. I don't have any unit in PI or Res@Evelyn.
I was just commenting based on facts and participating the discussion. You can always take all those comments as a pinch of salt.
For investment, I won't consider these two projects.

For own stay, I may want to consider the one who can give me the conveniences...........

the first phase buyers wld want to flog the units at above $1400psf whilst the second phase buyers wld want to sell above $1600psf.
yes you contributed alot to PI forum as my wife kept and still is pestering me to take a unit..

i see the volatility in prices which makes it tough for an investment decision. but if for own stay, it doesnt matter but deep inside, it still hurts to know that you paid more than your neighbours if prices fall again.
in fact for investment, i see poorer facing units, the sellers may be able to run faster as theyknow the shortfall and will agree to any price so long that they make a profit.

but for own stay, then it will be different.
anyway good luck to grandmaster bargain hunter. patience....
you can check with teddy bear as he may have a unit/units in PI.

i shld minimize comments in this forum since i hv decided to hunt in res@e.

richie$$$
25-07-09, 01:03
No. I don't have any unit in PI or Res@Evelyn.
I was just commenting based on facts and participating the discussion. You can always take all those comments as a pinch of salt.
For investment, I won't consider these two projects.

For own stay, I may want to consider the one who can give me the conveniences...........

its a distance 2 walk...unless u r staying at newton suites. another exclusive project better than PI. but drive home problem u turn.

teddybear
25-07-09, 14:29
R u saying lincolyn residence? this one have no view lah..:doh:

its a distance 2 walk...unless u r staying at newton suites. another exclusive project better than PI. but drive home problem u turn.

dmonddd
26-07-09, 09:14
R u saying lincolyn residence? this one have no view lah..:doh:

i believe what richie meant was: PI, VIva, miro - it's a distance to walk to united square shopping complex and mrt. another prestigious project like res@evelyn is newton suites and newton suites is next to united square.

teddybear
26-07-09, 11:26
huh Newton Suite :doh:, just a mickey mouse project with only three "fu, li, shou" and they called it playground......and the ceiling is so low like HDB ceiling high... :banghead:.
Aiya, there are more projects are also closer to Novena/united squares such as soleil@sinaran/strata/thomson euro asia/novena suite/rosevale etc..

i believe what richie meant was: PI, VIva, miro - it's a distance to walk to united square shopping complex and mrt. another prestigious project like res@evelyn is newton suites and newton suites is next to united square.

bargain hunter
26-07-09, 14:22
hey guys, read from The Edge that VIVA will be previewed at 1500 to 1600psf on the national day weekend. Anyone keen? From the small picture of the model, i love the tennis court, looks like a professional court with a small spectator stand somemore. :) Finishing should be good with lots of marble finishing. west sun also blocked off by PI already. I think finishing wise, this is going to come out tops and location not too bad (in terms of MRT). Going to come up tops against all the projects everyone has listed here but location (in terms of accessibility for cars) and price wise i am not too sure what is everyone's views?

teddybear
26-07-09, 14:38
I think Viva is more convenient than PI if you drive as can just turn in from main road (Thomson Road). Distance wise to Novena MRT think also slightly closer than PI. Not sure about the quality, finishing, and estate as can't see (not completed). Sometimes end product appears different from showroom. What is the estate land area and how many units in there?

hey guys, read from The Edge that VIVA will be previewed at 1500 to 1600psf on the national day weekend. Anyone keen? From the small picture of the model, i love the tennis court, looks like a professional court with a small spectator stand somemore. :) Finishing should be good with lots of marble finishing. west sun also blocked off by PI already. I think finishing wise, this is going to come out tops and location not too bad (in terms of MRT). Going to come up tops against all the projects everyone has listed here but location (in terms of accessibility for cars) and price wise i am not too sure what is everyone's views?

bargain hunter
26-07-09, 14:42
235 units of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom, i can't recall the land area off hand.

I think Viva is more convenient than PI if you drive as can just turn in from main road (Thomson Road). Distance wise to Novena MRT think also slightly closer than PI. Not sure about the quality, finishing, and estate as can't see (not completed). Sometimes end product appears different from showroom. What is the estate land area and how many units in there?

bargain hunter
26-07-09, 14:43
found it on allgreen's website: 113,458 sq ft.