PDA

View Full Version : big plot size at east coast road

marktkt22
18-09-12, 20:43
Beside the seaview,
what other fh projt has very big plot along east coast road,
excluding amber,mayer area,and telok kurau.
parc seabreeze? Coralis?
i c that poshgrove east and d ecosia has v big plot.
Look gd. Any forumer feedback on poshgrove east.

Jonathan0503
18-09-12, 21:11
Must it be along east coast road or near east coast road also can?

Haig court fit?

bakasa2002
18-09-12, 22:16
Grand duchess, flamingo valley, part east...

blackapple
18-09-12, 22:21
Do you know why government building ERL ? Think you just provide an answer.

Along Thomson line, there is also a lot of empty land from woodland to amk. Our government will $$$$$ :spliff: :spliff:

marktkt22
18-09-12, 23:00
Ya, thanks, grand duchess.
as for flamingo valley, let give it a miss.
not really keen to bump into yowetan

marktkt22
18-09-12, 23:02
Must it be along east coast road or near east coast road also can?

Haig court fit?

thanks,
Near east coast road is fine.
i just recall 2 big plot, feo seawind and sound.

marktkt22
19-09-12, 01:00
2 or 3more,
katong gdn and malvern spring.
Sandalwood not small as well.

tkc2263
19-09-12, 09:11
Finland Gardens...freehold on 98000 sq ft...

This is rarely mentioned.

marktkt22
19-09-12, 12:07
Finland Gardens...freehold on 98000 sq ft...

This is rarely mentioned.
Cool, thanks.
that really big.

Jonathan0503
19-09-12, 13:17
May I know what's your purpose? Looking to buy a unit?

mkl22
19-09-12, 16:01
Cool, thanks.
that really big.

if you thinking of it being enbloc.. forget it.

marktkt22
19-09-12, 18:40
I was looking for a place tat wont be enbloc

tkc2263
19-09-12, 22:45
if you thinking of it being enbloc.. forget it.

I am curious to know why you are confident that it wont go en bloc, not that I have a unit there.:confused:

mkl22
20-09-12, 14:51
I am curious to know why you are confident that it wont go en bloc, not that I have a unit there.:confused:

simply because its current planned land use is for 3 storey mixed landed. Not a condo. So the amount the developer can possibly get from selling the whole plot as landed will be for sure less than selling it as a condo. thus the ultimate prices to the current owners will be less. So tough to enbloc. Unless the land use changes.

tkc2263
20-09-12, 15:10
simply because its current planned land use is for 3 storey mixed landed. Not a condo. So the amount the developer can possibly get from selling the whole plot as landed will be for sure less than selling it as a condo. thus the ultimate prices to the current owners will be less. So tough to enbloc. Unless the land use changes.

What about St Patrick's Garden then, dont forget UOL has it en bloc..

mkl22
20-09-12, 15:16
What about St Patrick's Garden then, dont forget UOL has it en bloc..
st patricks garden is a condo and redeveloped as a condo. see URA 2008 master plan for landed. you cannot compare finland to st patricks. their land use is different for redevelopment.

besides, after finland's last failed enbloc attempt, the current owners will for sure want to ask for more $$ money now. so i would say very tough for developers and owners to meet their price targets.

mkl22
20-09-12, 15:33
finland garden land size is approx 9600sq meter. given that eastrees which is round the corner is selling around 3.3M for each unit the total land size of the 8units approx 2800sq meter. so approx 28-30units of cluster terraces can be built at finland. which gives 100M maximum as total sale value to the developer.

there are currently 48 units at at finland. the smallest is approx 1324sqft and biggest at 1894sqft. lets use 1500sqft as the average size. given the current prices of approx 1-1.1kpsf the total value that the owners can get is approx 72-86M.

So how can the developer buy.

Unless my above assumptions are wrong, i seriously doubt Finland enbloc can take off.

tkc2263
20-09-12, 16:17
mkl22, if I may prove you wrong..

I reckon that FG stands a good chance of going en bloc.

This en bloc was successful (then canned) before the property prices went

ballistic.

Now with no more sizeable yet biteable land plots around that area with St

Patrick's Gardens being the most recent to en bloc, coupled with a very

good chance of having a mrt station at its doorsteps, I wouldnt rule out FG

attracting developers' interests.

Also with Mr Singh now with a global agency, who is to say he is not keen to

to have a 2nd bite of the cherry.

What FG can be developed into......

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/RealEdge/message/1517

Everything is Possible..

My:2cents: worth..

mkl22
20-09-12, 16:31
i still say tough. ok if 44units can be built. and each unit approx 800k to build(lower end already) gives you 35M plus around 110-120M to make the owners sell, which is an approximate premium of 30% of the current prices. you need to sell the houses at 3.5M to break even.

if construction costs per house is 500k and somehow the developers manage to buy the whole plot at 86M. pure breakeven is 2.5M. still need to add fees and what nots.

if it was at the old price of 49M of course can.

tkc2263
20-09-12, 16:38
i still say tough. ok if 44units can be built. and each unit approx 800k to build(lower end already) gives you 35M plus around 110-120M to make the owners sell, which is an approximate premium of 30% of the current prices. you need to sell the houses at 3.5M to break even.

if construction costs per house is 500k and somehow the developers manage to buy the whole plot at 86M. pure breakeven is 2.5M. still need to add fees and what nots.

if it was at the old price of 49M of course can.

Are owners of FG that dumb?

mkl22
20-09-12, 16:48
Are owners of FG that dumb?

of course not la. just saying that the prices have already gone up so much. and the main issue is due to the restriction of 3 storey mixed landed use. this also effectively prevents foreign ownership. thus this sort of strata semi-D/ terraces are harder to move. and if i was going to pay close to 4M, i rather get a proper terrace or semi instead of strata.

but maybe you are right. but i just cannot see it happening based on what i had assumed.

tkc2263
20-09-12, 22:15
of course not la. just saying that the prices have already gone up so much. and the main issue is due to the restriction of 3 storey mixed landed use. this also effectively prevents foreign ownership. thus this sort of strata semi-D/ terraces are harder to move. and if i was going to pay close to 4M, i rather get a proper terrace or semi instead of strata.

but maybe you are right. but i just cannot see it happening based on what i had assumed.

Assumptions are just assumptions. I too dont see the en bloc coming onstream so soon, but my guess is within 3 years a developer will bite, attracted by its size, freehold status and potential proximity to a mrt station.

The developer can also choose to build projects like the St Patrick's Residence, no restriction to foreigners as far as I know.

mkl22
20-09-12, 22:25
Isn't st Patrick's a condo? I don't think it can be built on the FG Plot.

tkc2263
21-09-12, 09:55
Isn't st Patrick's a condo? I don't think it can be built on the FG Plot.

Are you saying the FG's site cant be redeveloped into something like The

Axis@Siglap, St Patricks Residence or it must be a 3-storey mixed landed

project?

mkl22
21-09-12, 10:24
according the the land use planning it must be 3 storey mixed landed. the mixed here means it can be terrace, semi-D or bungalow. But for sure it cannot be a condo like what FG is right now or axis. it must be like eastrees. That is what i interpret it to be and it seems so. otherwise Eastrees would have been a MM to maximize profits liao.

Thats why i say the land use limits the ultimate value that the owners can get. if can built a condo, enbloc chances are much much higher.
If a condo can be built, assuming a plot ratio of 1.4 and with 10% balcony. the GFA can be approx 150ksqft. with a selling price of 1400psf, about 200M can be made. so probably can offer approx 100-120M to the owners.

To make the same amount for a landed development means each house will be 4.8M. who will buy at 4.8M?

tkc2263
21-09-12, 14:27
according the the land use planning it must be 3 storey mixed landed. the mixed here means it can be terrace, semi-D or bungalow. But for sure it cannot be a condo like what FG is right now or axis. it must be like eastrees. That is what i interpret it to be and it seems so. otherwise Eastrees would have been a MM to maximize profits liao.

Thats why i say the land use limits the ultimate value that the owners can get. if can built a condo, enbloc chances are much much higher.
If a condo can be built, assuming a plot ratio of 1.4 and with 10% balcony. the GFA can be approx 150ksqft. with a selling price of 1400psf, about 200M can be made. so probably can offer approx 100-120M to the owners.

To make the same amount for a landed development means each house will be 4.8M. who will buy at 4.8M?

If your assertion is true, then Axis@Siglap cant be built as such, right??

Axis' legal completion was in 2010 only, so it a recent kinda of thing.

mkl22
21-09-12, 15:06

just look at the URA master plan 2008 la. must i continue to spoon feed you with the information?

tkc2263
21-09-12, 16:23
just look at the URA master plan 2008 la. must i continue to spoon feed you with the information?

Dont be a jerk....

gn108
21-09-12, 16:42
Bro before things get nasty ...it's true.

FG is gazetted for landed/cluster housing. (Got me too back then)
You can google for it (I think) coz they tried to EB - stated there too.
There are other examples of these and some have EBed - Whitley Heights comes to mind.

mkl22
21-09-12, 17:00
deleted. no further comment