View Full Version : 40% Singaporeans buy properties to get rental yield

phantom_opera
17-09-12, 10:35
Most Singaporeans buy properties just to lease them out
Nearly 40% of Singaporeans surveyed were interested in rental income from their property.According to a research commissioned by the iProperty Group, of the 1,614 people, 39.7% said that rental income

=> herd mentality ... sign of bubble :D

yowetan
17-09-12, 10:38
Nearly 40% of Singaporeans surveyed were interested in rental income from their property.According to a research commissioned by the iProperty Group, of the 1,614 people, 39.7% said that rental income

I am currently leasing out 2 HDBs, and aiming for a 3rd one when my new purchase TOP. I hope it can sustain for another 10 years.

Laguna
17-09-12, 10:41
I am currently leasing out 2 HDBs, and aiming for a 3rd one when my new purchase TOP. I hope it can sustain for another 10 years.

whole world know about it alr.....what is it so proud of this achievement? it is not yours!...u did not earn it at all......

When u earn it..then come and shout of it....

yowetan
17-09-12, 10:42
whole world know about it alr.....what is it so proud of this achievement? it is not yours!...u did not earn it at all......

When u earn it..then come and shout of it....

Hi. I am just expressing my opinion and views on the current trend. I apologize if it sounds boasting to you.

Laguna
17-09-12, 10:43
Hi. I am just expressing my opinion and views on the current trend. I apologize if it sounds boasting to you.

what sort of character ur?

azeoprop
17-09-12, 10:55
I think as more and more condos TOP, rental yield will drop. Most probably by 2016, rent could barely cover your installments. Too much competition on the market if really 40% of the buyers are for renting.

:scared-4:

chestnut
17-09-12, 10:59
I think as more and more condos TOP, rental yield will drop. Most probably by 2016, rent could barely cover your installments. Too much competition on the market if really 40% of the buyers are for renting.

Need to monitor population stats over next few years. Supply vs demand.

CondoWE
17-09-12, 11:01
Just curious whether you and yr wife the only son & daughter in the family? If so, are you seeing/expecting yr parent & PIL to pass you their asset aka HDB after RIP :D ?

yowetan
17-09-12, 11:04
what sort of character ur?

I am a Singaporean male guy who yearns for financial freedom and wealth preservation for his future generation.

yowetan
17-09-12, 11:05
Just curious whether you and yr wife the only son & daughter in the family? If so, are you seeing/expecting yr parent & PIL to pass you their asset aka HDB after RIP :D ?

Hi. I have a brother-in-law though I do not know if my in-laws asset would spilt equally or not.

DC33_2008
17-09-12, 11:27
It is not a very healthy thought to start with. Should always depends on oneself to create wealth.
Hi. I have a brother-in-law though I do not know if my in-laws asset would spilt equally or not.

flxcat
17-09-12, 12:15

Hi bro

Just concern have you ever plan for the day when HDB can no longer be rented out?

nav14
17-09-12, 12:17

Yowetan

Just wondering if HDB allows inherited 2 HDBs to be retained and rented out by both husband and wife even after parents have passed away?

yowetan
17-09-12, 12:29
Yowetan

Just wondering if HDB allows inherited 2 HDBs to be retained and rented out by both husband and wife even after parents have passed away?

Hi. I have wrote to Khaw Boon Wa before and I understand it has to be sell away. I have prepared for that in case HDB is no longer a rental tool. Then we will sell and switch to other investment channel.

Being said the above, our parents are still healthy and will be with us for a long time.

Laguna
17-09-12, 12:35
Hi. I have wrote to Khaw Boon Wa before and I understand it has to be sell away. I have prepared for that in case HDB is no longer a rental tool. Then we will sell and switch to other investment channel.

Being said the above, our parents are still healthy and will be with us for a long time.

Oooops, $2m cash to YT.....no wonder so many people are buying like tomorrow

CondoWE
17-09-12, 12:43

Why yr PIL not staying with their son instead with you :scared-4: ?

Btw, Traditional way is asset pass to SON. If that is the case, you have to plan ahead if you are depend on their HDB rental as an extras passive income to finance your FH housing :rolleyes: .

From your statement, my guess is you are eyeing their .....:D :D :D !

It is not a very healthy thought to start with. Should always depends on oneself to create wealth.

Fully agreed :cheers5: .

Yowetan

No. one family is only allow ONE HDB flat :banghead: !

yowetan
17-09-12, 12:54
Why yr PIL not staying with their son instead with you :scared-4: ?

Btw, Traditional way is asset pass to SON. If that is the case, you have to plan ahead if you are depend on their HDB rental as an extras passive income to finance your FH housing :rolleyes: .

From your statement, my guess is you are eyeing their .....:D :D :D !

Fully agreed :cheers5: .

No. one family is only allow ONE HDB flat :banghead: !

My brother-in-law was originally jobless for years, and has been staying with in-laws. Now he is living with us and we are sharing the resources.

CondoWE
17-09-12, 13:16
My brother-in-law was originally jobless for years, and has been staying with in-laws. Now he is living with us and we are sharing the resources.

Are you intend to shift all (yr family, Parent, PIL & BIL) into yr new Flamingo Valley once TOP :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: ?

Ringo33
17-09-12, 13:38

You dont own the 2 HDBs, they belongs to your parents and in laws. So technically, you dont have any property that is being lease out yet.

nav14
17-09-12, 14:00

I remember reading somewhere that a private property owner (without his own HDB flat), that inherits a HDB flat can retain and coninue to rent it out. So you should be able to keep at least one inherited HDB while continuing to stay in private property.

yowetan
17-09-12, 14:14
I remember reading somewhere that a private property owner (without his own HDB flat), that inherits a HDB flat can retain and coninue to rent it out. So you should be able to keep at least one inherited HDB while continuing to stay in private property.

Hi I have one HDB flat. Will the above statement apply to me?

Yes. I am migrating all of my family members to stay under one roof in new home when it is ready.

CondoWE
17-09-12, 14:16

iirc, He stay in his own HDB so I m sure he can't keep any of the inherited HDB liao ;) !

Laguna
17-09-12, 14:30

This does not apply to YT as he is a PC owner.

For a person who has PC, and inherit a HDB, he needs to dispose either OC or HDB

nav14
17-09-12, 16:15

For a person who has PC, and inherit a HDB, he needs to dispose either OC or HDB

I believe the inherited HDB flat can be retained by private property owner and still continue living/retaining the private property. See the following link.

http://lushhomemedia.com/2010/09/14/hdb-clarifies-rules-on-flat-ownership-relating-to-inheritance/

radha08
17-09-12, 16:33

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4: as long as you know what u doing u will be safe..

radha08
17-09-12, 16:35

now we all depend on ONE man to SAVE us his name is ...Mr B...:scared-1:

where B=BEN BERNAKE:D:D:D:D

radha08
17-09-12, 16:41
alamak another thread dedicated to mr yt...:doh:...nowadays very difficult to start topic and discuss topic without using live example...:D

Laguna
17-09-12, 18:25
I believe the inherited HDB flat can be retained by private property owner and still continue living/retaining the private property. See the following link.

http://lushhomemedia.com/2010/09/14/hdb-clarifies-rules-on-flat-ownership-relating-to-inheritance/

Those were the days, my friend

CondoWE
17-09-12, 19:22
:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4: as long as you know what u doing u will be safe..
Not really...Sometime, we think we know what we do but actually it's not the way 旁观者清,当局者迷...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: !

CondoWE
17-09-12, 19:25

He already has one HDB on hand so he can only inherit the money after sell off their PIL or parent HDB la :rolleyes: .

samuelk
17-09-12, 19:37

Unless BOTH Parents pass on.

UltimateAro888
17-09-12, 19:42

You can own more than 2 HDB ?

CondoInterested
17-09-12, 20:29
If child got 1 HDB, can p or pil's HDB inherit by grandchild?

CondoWE
17-09-12, 21:19
Unless BOTH Parents pass on.
Even all (Parent & PIL) pass away, he still can't hold on to either one of the HDB unless he don't own any HDB at the point time.

If child got 1 HDB, can p or pil's HDB inherit by grandchild?

Can If there is a will to the grandchild, and he/she is >21 at the point of time else must sell away.

You can own more than 2 HDB ?
HDB basic rule...only one HDB is allowed. His 2 HDB is named under his parent and parent in law. The 3rd one is named under him and his wife.

Laguna
17-09-12, 21:50
I firmly believe all of us been fooled by Ah Tan all this time.

Can u believe all sort of stupid questions......and talking non-stop about his extended families.....

minority
17-09-12, 22:30

YIELD? must well go buy REITS!

n buy now.. wat YIELD?

CondoWE
17-09-12, 22:47
I firmly believe all of us been fooled by Ah Tan all this time.

Can u believe all sort of stupid questions......and talking non-stop about his extended families.....

I am on your side..:cheers4: !

teddybear
17-09-12, 22:50
REITs? Oh my G! :doh:
Buying REITs is like buying Unit Trusts... (if you know what I mean...)

YIELD? must well go buy REITS!

n buy now.. wat YIELD?

stiook
17-09-12, 23:13
Are you intend to shift all (yr family, Parent, PIL & BIL) into yr new Flamingo Valley once TOP :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: ?

And his cat...

stiook
17-09-12, 23:15
I am on your side..:cheers4: !

But we all play along...
:cheers4:

radha08
17-09-12, 23:17
But we all play along...
:cheers4:

cos life is so boring :cheers4:

CondoWE
18-09-12, 07:13
cos life is so boring :cheers4:

It's true...that why boring till read FV thread from page 1....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: !