PDA

View Full Version : S'pore's first deluxe EC attracts more than 1,000 visitors

blackapple
16-09-12, 21:56
NEWS: S'pore's first deluxe EC attracts more than 1,000 visitors
S'pore's first deluxe EC attracts more than 1,000 visitors

16 September 2012

SINGAPORE: Singapore's first-ever deluxe executive condominium (EC) at Upper Serangoon attracted more than 1,000 visitors on its opening day for e-applications.

Several young couples and families thronged the sales gallery of the 394-unit Heron Bay.

Developers said they had expected a high turnout rate as the EC offered several premium features including living rooms with private jacuzzis and a sea-sports recreation centre.

The launch date for Heron Bay is on 26 October

phantom_opera
16-09-12, 22:17
Most expensive PH units are 1.5m in quantum ... huh

zzz1
16-09-12, 22:18
My bath tub is hardly being used , and with a jacuzzi in the middle will not be friendly to kid.

Living room with jacuzzi,? Unless is private nightclub maybe yes..

radha08
16-09-12, 22:22
My bath tub is hardly being used , and with a jacuzzi in the middle will not be friendly to kid.

:D:D:D:D:cheers4::cheers5:

kane
16-09-12, 22:42
minton ph cheapest was about $1.8m at launch if i remember correctly. EC so pricey nowadays.

radha08
16-09-12, 22:50
minton ph cheapest was about $1.8m at launch if i remember correctly. EC so pricey nowadays.

hdb 1 million all will follow...:o

azeoprop
16-09-12, 22:53
Hrmmm....both Heron bay and riversails are trying to market luxury facilities and fittings for a "value" price to offset the lousy location.

:rolleyes:

ikan bilis
16-09-12, 22:55
hmmm... if i get one, i will use that jacuzzi as my goldfish tank .... :rolleyes: ;)

kane
16-09-12, 23:09
The luxurious finishing don't really cost that much more.

buttercarp
16-09-12, 23:37
Most expensive PH units are 1.5m in quantum ... huh

Wow... 1.5 mil!
If deluxe EC means price is higher, they should consider raising the income ceiling for these units.
If one earns 12k per month, he should not be spending 1.5 mil on the PH :tsk-tsk:.

imjason
16-09-12, 23:41
Wow... 1.5 mil!
If deluxe EC means price is higher, they should consider raising the income ceiling for these units.
If one earns 12k per month, he should not be spending 1.5 mil on the PH :tsk-tsk:.

Reason ???? :beats-me-man:

graveyard
16-09-12, 23:41
hmmm... if i get one, i will use that jacuzzi as my goldfish tank .... :rolleyes: ;)

goldfish or piranha? rear piranha, invite your enemies over to your house and while they are bending over the edge of the jacuzzi in living room, push them down

buttercarp
16-09-12, 23:47
Wow... 1.5 mil!

Reason ???? :beats-me-man:

I am very conservative when it comes to buying property.
I believe one must buy within his means.
I believe that one should not spend more than 5 times his annual income on a home.
So if he earns 12k per month, that's 144k per year and that's less than 10 times the 1.5 mil.
It's stretching his dollar too far in my opinion.

radha08
16-09-12, 23:57
I believe that one should not spend more than 5 times his annual income on a home.
So if he earns 12k per month, that's 144k per year and that's less than 10 times the 1.5 mil.

mr yt...:confused::confused::confused::confused::D

kane
17-09-12, 00:09
Like i said before, raising the income ceiling will allow developers to raise their prices. Nett nett, it doesn't make it more affordable to young couples.

buttercarp
17-09-12, 00:16
mr yt...:confused::confused::confused::confused::D
That one...... I really dunno wat to say!

Super
17-09-12, 00:33
Was at Hougang central for dinner just now. Saw this China guy and his wife looking at the Heron Bay book with all the floor plans. The wife was staring at a page on a layout for super look. Was very curious which layout they were look at. When I finally saw it, it was a 5+1 penthouse.... Heard she told the hubby, we made the right choice.....

Damn rich sia. :banghead: New citizen aiming 5+1 penthouse.

kane
17-09-12, 00:37
5+1 Ph? How much is that?

kane
17-09-12, 01:08
they have a stack of 5 bedders it seems. but i wonder how do they cramp all that into 144sqm.

http://www.heronbay-sg.com/Heron-Bay-Floor-plan-2,3,4,5-bedrooms,-Dual-Key,-Penthouses.html

hyenergix
17-09-12, 07:38
Was at Hougang central for dinner just now. Saw this China guy and his wife looking at the Heron Bay book with all the floor plans. The wife was staring at a page on a layout for super look. Was very curious which layout they were look at. When I finally saw it, it was a 5+1 penthouse.... Heard she told the hubby, we made the right choice.....

Damn rich sia. :banghead: New citizen aiming 5+1 penthouse.

There is something very wrong with HDB system. Tax payers are subsidising middle-class to buy luxury ECs, particularly for new citizens.

I maintain, as in my earlier posts early this year before all the sensation stories came out, that Singapore is in a mess. We seem to be heading in the wrong direction.

Kanarazu
17-09-12, 07:48

That will be luxurious fishing. :)

ikan bilis
17-09-12, 08:11
cannot find jacuzzi in floor plan ??...

anyway,... all the floorplan looks shiok,... all looks not bad to me... all space utilised... :D

lajia
17-09-12, 08:21
There is something very wrong with HDB system. Tax payers are subsidising middle-class to buy luxury ECs, particularly for new citizens.

I maintain, as in my earlier posts early this year before all the sensation stories came out, that Singapore is in a mess. We seem to be heading in the wrong direction.

They are also tax payer...and new citizens are citizens...if not, should they be called secondary citizens? We shouldn't have variations...:D

But u make a very good point, tax payer money should be subsidizing basics...not luxuries....I don't think EC is Basics! :rolleyes:
:2cents: :2cents:

kane
17-09-12, 08:38
Agree, no need to subsidy EC. Afterall, they could be drawing close to $10k per month.

Komo
17-09-12, 09:13
Agree, no need to subsidy EC. Afterall, they could be drawing close to $10k per month.
then I'm really confused what exactly is ec? sub standard low quality condo?:confused:

Super
17-09-12, 09:35
cannot find jacuzzi in floor plan ??...

anyway,... all the floorplan looks shiok,... all looks not bad to me... all space utilised... :D

The 5+1 PH has a Jacuzzi Ready area.....

http://www.heronbaysg.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Heron-Floorplans-3-PH-5+1br.jpg

Other plans can be found here.

http://www.heronbaysg.com/project-information/site-plan-floor-plans/

carbuncle
17-09-12, 09:41
the roof terrace is super huge for hosting sky parties and topless tanning

Super
17-09-12, 09:42
then I'm really confused what exactly is ec? sub standard low quality condo?:confused:

I call it a condo that is governed by HDB rules. EC has MOP like all HDB flats. Cannot sell or rent fully within 5 years.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatECConditionsafterPurchase?OpenDocument

focus
17-09-12, 09:52
Wow... 1.5 mil!

I would buy it too .. it's 2841sqft for $1.5mil.. Roof terraces are good! Own BBQ area and landscaping..
I think that's crazy good price! :)

focus
17-09-12, 09:53
That will be luxurious fishing. :)

Nope...it will be the Fish live in luxury.
Can you imagine.. every morning.. the fish wait for you to turn on the jacuzzi to massage their bodies... like living in a resort.

buttercarp
17-09-12, 10:08
Wow..... So big... Can play hide n seek.
1.5 mil...... I want , I want...... If only I qualified!
Btw.... If one quit one's job now, or switch to lower pay job technically not earning more than 12k per month... So can apply?

carbuncle
17-09-12, 10:12
no earning how to get loan? unless you pay in cash. plus you cant have you name in private property....

ikan bilis
17-09-12, 10:26
after you sold your every single private properties hor,.... still got to tankuku another 30months before could "apply" for ec.... and make sure you did not use up all your 2x chances of getting BTO....

ikan bilis
17-09-12, 10:28
Nope...it will be the Fish live in luxury.
Can you imagine.. every morning.. the fish wait for you to turn on the jacuzzi to massage their bodies... like living in a resort.

heya... what you guys expect me to do with that jacuzzi if it is pre-installed in the living room.... :D

lajia
17-09-12, 10:34
I would buy it too .. it's 2841sqft for $1.5mil.. Roof terraces are good! Own BBQ area and landscaping..
I think that's crazy good price! :)

wa u serious eh??:confused: there are just too many choices, For eg, The Shaughnessy is only 1.5~1.7mil for 3000plus sqft le, The Woods only 1.9mil for 4000plus sqft le....and many more...

this is EC le. :doh:

buttercarp
17-09-12, 10:50
after you sold your every single private properties hor,.... still got to tankuku another 30months before could "apply" for ec.... and make sure you did not use up all your 2x chances of getting BTO....

Oh ya... Forgot about the 30 month thingy:o .
So excited about the size n the price.

samuelk
17-09-12, 10:53
plus some plow back interest of the amount from the last hdb flat sold.

yowetan
17-09-12, 10:54

Is there any chance to appeal to clear this 30 months period? I think it is harsh to people who wants to downgrade?

latour
17-09-12, 11:39

Tub/Jacuzzi in living hall, next time can rent to ... :D :D :D:cheers3: :cheers5: :cheers4: :sleep:

PN
17-09-12, 11:45
heya... what you guys expect me to do with that jacuzzi if it is pre-installed in the living room.... :D

For those who have an altar in living room esp for Buddist & Taoist, you dare to have Jacuzzi in front of the god/buddha?

price
17-09-12, 13:20

sister butter, guess u forget the point where these PHs are mostly bought by young couples whose parents are putting down the 20% for them!:D :cheers5:

price
17-09-12, 13:22
Wow..... So big... Can play hide n seek.
1.5 mil...... I want , I want...... If only I qualified!
Btw.... If one quit one's job now, or switch to lower pay job technically not earning more than 12k per month... So can apply?
but they look at ur last NOA right?

price
17-09-12, 13:24
Is there any chance to appeal to clear this 30 months period? I think it is harsh to people who wants to downgrade?

Yep, u can appeal to HDB. Heard they normally grant ur appeal quickly if ur family is growing. i.e. newborns etc

price
17-09-12, 13:25
The 5+1 PH has a Jacuzzi Ready area.....

http://www.heronbaysg.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Heron-Floorplans-3-PH-5+1br.jpg

Other plans can be found here.

http://www.heronbaysg.com/project-information/site-plan-floor-plans/

omg u even get ur own BBQ pit!?

hyenergix
17-09-12, 13:56
omg u even get ur own BBQ pit!?

Why is tax payers subsidising these middle class families to BBQ or having jaccuzi at penthouse? This is worse than the Brompton bike saga in the sense at the the bikes could eventually benefit the public by allowing the park wardens to work more efficiently.

buttercarp
17-09-12, 14:18
Why is tax payers subsidising these middle class families to BBQ or having jaccuzi at penthouse? This is worse than the Brompton bike saga in the sense at the the bikes could eventually benefit the public by allowing the park wardens to work more efficiently.

Yalor..... It should be just basic n affordable living.

radha08
18-09-12, 22:55
i think everything gone out of control...:doh:...singapore really got WORLD class...PUBLIC nousing...:scared-4:

zzz1
18-09-12, 23:26
Tub/Jacuzzi in living hall, next time can rent to ... :D :D :D:cheers3: :cheers5: :cheers4: :sleep:
Yea and for those hourly charges type

phantom_opera
18-09-12, 23:29
relax lah, 100psf less and how luxurious also I won't buy in such location

sooner or later, far from MRT is 700psf, near MRT is 1400psf

in CCR, near MRT is not so important ... in OCR, ability to access multiple MRT lines will be a KILLER

kane
18-09-12, 23:30
although the subsidy for EC is $30k, for that luxurious a ph with jacuzzi and bbq, it seriously doesn't need any subsidy to buy that kind of unit and at that sort of quantum especially.

price
19-09-12, 19:54
although the subsidy for EC is $30k, for that luxurious a ph with jacuzzi and bbq, it seriously doesn't need any subsidy to buy that kind of unit and at that sort of quantum especially.

but u only get $30k provided u earn <$10k.

EC Buyer with Average Gross Monthly Household Income from $10,001 to $11,000
From 15 Aug 2011, first-timer households with monthly income between $10,001 and $11,000 may buy new ECs with a CPF Housing Grant of $20,000. This revision is only applicable to EC projects launched for public sale on or after 15 Aug 2011.

EC Buyer with Average Gross Monthly Household Income from $11,001 to $12,000
From 15 Aug 2011, first-timer households with monthly income between $11,001 and $12,000 may buy new ECs with a CPF Housing Grant of $10,000. This revision is only applicable to EC projects launched for public sale on or after 15 Aug 2011.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatFamilyGrantEC?OpenDocument#ECgrant

kane
19-09-12, 22:20
i think for any EC units above 750k, there should be no subsidy. that should cover all 3 bedders, so 4 beds and above won't see any subsidy.