PDA

View Full Version : Has Mr B lost his pant by shorting EUR USD?

phantom_opera
14-09-12, 10:38
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2012/09/20120913_EUR_0.png

In barely one month EUR USD surged from 1.2250 to 1.30x :scared-3:

proper-t
14-09-12, 10:42
Think next time he comes back...his nick changed to baSICK........

PN
14-09-12, 11:05
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2012/09/20120913_EUR_0.png

In barely one month EUR USD surged from 1.2250 to 1.30x :scared-3:

That's scary :scared-1:

Laguna
14-09-12, 11:33
I attended this talk on value investment last nite.

The speaker, asking people to sell PUT and gaurantee that money will be made with just 15 minutes a month of work. So, he asked people to stay back to have a live demo on how easy money can be made.

One of the attendants asked : How can u made money by selling PUT in a raising market? Good question, and the answer is : This is too technical to answer..

Rosy
14-09-12, 11:36

The speaker, asking people to sell PUT and gaurantee that money will be made with just 15 minutes a month of work. So, he asked people to stay back to have a live demo on how easy money can be made.

One of the attendants asked : How can u made money by selling PUT in a raising market? Good question, and the answer is : This is too technical to answer..
Those who claimed guaranteed profit are not telling the truth.

carbuncle
14-09-12, 11:56
I hope you didn't pay to attend this seminar.

Laguna
14-09-12, 12:00
I hope you didn't pay to attend this seminar.

I think I can do a better job..

I bring my son to attend all these so call seminar for him to learn, but only pay for those which are truly of value.

After each seminar, I explained to my son all the theroy and logic and the right and wrong....

buttercarp
14-09-12, 12:00
All these investment talks.... free i also dun wanna attend.
Will only attend if venue is attractive :p .
But for Laguna, it's different cos he/she is retired.
No harm going, especially if got free food.

Early last year, one of my friends went for some kind of talk (asked me to go but i did not), after the talk, she told me that the speaker said don't buy property yet.
Luckily I did not take the advice.

EBD
14-09-12, 12:50

All these types are snake-oil salesman like that "Dr" clemen fella
If you can make all this money why you selling seminar seats?
You see Warren Buffet doing that?

this is how they make their money, not trading. Very obvious but many greedy sheep out there like to walk into the wolves lair.

Allthepies
14-09-12, 13:43

Sell (short) PUT warrants in a rising market is correct right? :D:D buy PUT is definitely going to die in a rising market...

Laguna
14-09-12, 14:50
Sell (short) PUT warrants in a rising market is correct right? :D:D buy PUT is definitely going to die in a rising market...

ya, ur right....

East08
14-09-12, 15:15

Asking people to sell naked put? In US market?

dtrax
14-09-12, 15:24
I dont see why pple are entertaining him.. he BBBasicaly lost all his credibility not only once but many many times.

buttercarp
14-09-12, 15:41
B's thread is almost 1 year old (started on 30 Oct 2011).
Can its celebrate birthday soon.

richwang
14-09-12, 21:28
If you sell a far out of money option (be it CALL or PUT), you collect premium.
As long as the option is still out of money when it expires, you make money.
So yes, you can make money by selling options regardless the market goes up or down.
Indeed, that's most banks/brokers are doing.

Thanks,
Richard

amk
14-09-12, 23:10
You are totally wrong.
You can always sell any option. After you sold, then what ? You sit there and wait for maturity, and see if y are lucky or not ? you might as well just gamble.

That's how bank/you make money ?
"that's most banks are doing" ? Which bank are you in now ?

An option always has its intrinsic value. If you sell it higher than it is worth, then you make money. In addition, you need to hedge your option to even realize your value. And that is also provided your model is correct. If your model is wong, you think your option is worth 10 but the counterparty willing to buy at 15, you thought you make a profit. But in fact u mtm is a loss !

What you said about "as long as at expiry price is higher y make money" is so rubbish, and that is exactly what this rubbish talk wants innocent investors to believe. Holding a naked position either long or short is just a gamble, no difference from buying/selling a share

phantom_opera
14-09-12, 23:18
You are totally wrong.
You can always sell any option. After you sold, then what ? You sit there and wait for maturity, and see if y are lucky or not ? you might as well just gamble.

That's how bank/you make money ?
"that's most banks are doing" ? Which bank are you in now ?

An option always has its intrinsic value. If you sell it higher than it is worth, then you make money. In addition, you need to hedge your option to even realize your value. And that is also provided your model is correct. If your model is wong, you think your option is worth 10 but the counterparty willing to buy at 15, you thought you make a profit. But in fact u mtm is a loss !

What you said about "as long as at expiry price is higher y make money" is so rubbish, and that is exactly what this rubbish talk wants innocent investors to believe. Holding a naked position either long or short is just a gamble, no difference from buying/selling a share

Aiyo, I bet no one understand what u talking about ... luckily u never mention Greek words like beta, gamma, delta and so on :D

I only know option/warrant is negative sum game unless u have arbitrage situation (e.g. market maker price wrongly due to inaccuracy in tracking).. that's why I think MAS should ban option trading by non-accredited investors