PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks showroom will be pack this weekend?

dtrax
14-09-12, 02:43
Who thinks showroom will be pack this weekend or the next few wkends for major launches

chestnut
14-09-12, 05:50
The buying is coming back. It takes a while for the cooling measure effect to wear off and buyers are actually back. I really don't see a drop in prices anytime now... Because of ECG bond buying and QE. Stocks on a run now, retail sentiments are up, and manufacturing for this month is up.

So, yes, I think showroom will be pack.

hyenergix
14-09-12, 06:15
$1 mil HDB and QE3 have set the stage. They will be filled with at least some people most of the time all the way to next year...

Paper money is worthless now. Lower/no income group is in trouble. I hope the government will do a bit more for them.

phantom_opera
14-09-12, 08:02
Corp bond prices already up in Singapore ... now 15y 3.65% is the NORM

Even Genting perpetual bond is now priced at 1.025

yowetan
14-09-12, 08:04
I am thinking to get one MM as investment now. Preferably lower than 400kSGD.

azeoprop
14-09-12, 08:26
I dun think there is any MM below 400k. The last launch with 398k was Parc Rosewood.

The new launch at riversails might be closest to your budget. :beats-me-man:

Ringo33
14-09-12, 08:30
I dun think there is any MM below 400k. The last launch with 398k was Parc Rosewood.

The new launch at riversails might be closest to your budget. :beats-me-man:

Dont think he has the cash flow to finance another new Buc property

PN
14-09-12, 08:56
Ah Tan suddenly so rich. Just bought FV now want to buy another MM :rolleyes:

Strike ToTo is it?

phantom_opera
14-09-12, 09:54
Kovan Residences / ECO strike jackpot .... first is Super Mario Unlimited then come Helicopter Ben Open Ended

It will be VERY HOT, SOLD OUT in 2 weeks ... getting more excited liao compared to a few months ago

:cheers4:

buttercarp
14-09-12, 10:15
People will still continue to buy.
Those who have not bought yet start to panick and will seriously consider buying.
I feel so sick with the rocketing price, not for myself but for the next generation.
How are my kids going to afford a place to stay when they just graduate in future?
My plan is to have 2 extra condo which can act as a back up plan for them should they not be able to afford a place on their own when they first start out.
I told them that when they get married, they will be on their own. Cannot stay with me.
My daughter said in that case, she will not get married.

phantom_opera
14-09-12, 10:18
Those who have not bought yet start to panick and will seriously consider buying.
I feel so sick with the rocketing price, not for myself but for the next generation.
How are my kids going to afford a place to stay when they just graduate in future?
My plan is to have 2 extra condo which can act as a back up plan for them should they not be able to afford a place on their own when they first start out.
I told them that when they get married, they will be on their own. Cannot stay with me.

Don't worry, quantum stays the same, only size shrinks .... > 500sqft 1br will be luxurious next time ;)

propertychap
14-09-12, 10:19
Seems like most people here think prices will keep on going up. The massive group thinking will just make price go up and up as people will start to think they will lose out to inflation if dont buy.
More cooling measures on the way... 50% LTV?Foreigners cannot buy like HK?

proper-t
14-09-12, 10:21
Don't worry, quantum stays the same, only size shrinks .... > 500sqft 1br will be luxurious next time ;)

You forgot leaselife...

quantum stays the same, only size and leaselife shrinks.....

proper-t
14-09-12, 10:23
Seems like most people here think prices will keep on going up. The massive group thinking will just make price go up and up as people will start to think they will lose out to inflation if dont buy.

no need cooling measures lah....already, its effectiveness is questionable.

Just set leaselife for all future GLS plots at 60 yrs PLUS reject all applications for extension of 99 yrs leashold properties. Net effect...generate more units to meet demand whilst still achieving a lower psf price !!!

Hold onto yr freehold ppties !!!

phantom_opera
14-09-12, 10:26
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2012/09/20120913_FedvsGold_0.png

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2012/09/20120913_FedvsOil_0.png

http://leylasroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/up-cartoon-poster.jpg

Arcachon
14-09-12, 10:31

How old is your daughter? I told my son to get marry ASAP, I got 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom PH or 5 room HDB waiting for him.

proper-t
14-09-12, 10:33
How old is your daughter? I told my son to get marry ASAP, I got 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom PH or 5 room HDB waiting for him.

match made in heaven :D

lajia
14-09-12, 10:55
Ah Tan suddenly so rich. Just bought FV now want to buy another MM :rolleyes:

Strike ToTo is it?

hahaha....maybe he forgot to eat medicine....:eek:

no just kidding....:p

maybe now the interest rate become 0.5 isit...??:scared-4:
monthly sibor still no down le...:o

PN
14-09-12, 11:02
hahaha....maybe he forgot to eat medicine....:eek:

no just kidding....:p

maybe now the interest rate become 0.5 isit...??:scared-4:
monthly sibor still no down le...:o

Maybe his bank going to give him FAT bonus this year.

Laguna
14-09-12, 11:44
In the last two weeks, we went around to see properties with a view to buy one for my son.

One very noticable trend is :

1. Town houses in the condo are moving very fast with only a few left here and there. These are in the range of $3m+
2. Many cheques been collected for new launches
3. new showflats are very packed....majority are in their 30+ and 40+
4. balance units from the existing new projects are moving too fast to believe.

Look like, I must buy alr....cannot wait...
people like Ah Tan is buying his fifth property soon and Ah B disappeared.

avo7007
14-09-12, 11:47
All the bulls are out to play, and all the bears are hibernating in their caves.:)

carbuncle
14-09-12, 11:53
the bears have their 8mil fully aircon new home to enjoy

Rosy
14-09-12, 11:53
In the last two weeks, we went around to see properties with a view to buy one for my son.

1. Town houses in the condo are moving very fast with only a few left here and there. These are in the range of $3m+

Any recommendation for a FH 2bedder 650-700sqft less than 1mil in city/city fringe? Thanks

samuelk
14-09-12, 11:57
Any recommendation for a FH 2bedder 650-700sqft less than 1mil in city/city fringe? Thanks

With QE3, looks like everything BAU.

But what about the technical Recession that is predicted to happen in SG?:scared-4:

latour
14-09-12, 12:06
Kovan Residences / ECO strike jackpot .... first is Super Mario Unlimited then come Helicopter Ben Open Ended

It will be VERY HOT, SOLD OUT in 2 weeks ... getting more excited liao compared to a few months ago

:cheers4:

I was actually hoping ECO will launch earlier when it is not so hot, can try/attempt a bargain or at least hoping developer will not price so high. Now, must chiong with so many others n developer oso know, so dun know dun know want to get in ???

buttercarp
14-09-12, 12:08

match made in heaven :D

Wow.... never thought of that!
A good catch :D .

@Arcahon..... my gal is below the legal age for marriage at the moment.
Can consider in future ;) .

proper-t
14-09-12, 12:09
With QE3, looks like everything BAU.

But what about the technical Recession that is predicted to happen in SG?:scared-4:

recession ???

Unemployment & layoffs in S'pore down in 2nd quarter

SINGAPORE: Unemployment in Singapore has declined, reversing the slight increase a quarter ago.

The Manpower Ministry (MOM) said this is thanks to more jobs being created in the second quarter of this year, while layoffs eased for the second successive quarter.

These are the key findings from the "Labour Market, Second Quarter 2012" report released by the Ministry of Manpower's Research and Statistics Department.

Total employment grew by 31,700 in the second quarter of 2012, higher than the gains of 24,800 in the same period last year and 27,200 in the first quarter of 2012.

Cumulatively, employment rose by 58,900 in the first half of 2012, compared with the increase of 53,100 in the corresponding period of 2011.

Services contributed 17,300 jobs, the majority of employment gains in the second quarter of 2012. But this eased from the same period last year where there was a gain of 19,300 jobs in the services industry.

For the seventh successive quarter, growth in construction workforce accelerated, supported by public infrastructure projects.

In manufacturing, employment grew by 4,700, as gains led by petroleum, chemical and pharmaceutical products outnumbered the declines mainly in electronic, computer and optical products.

MOM said amid the strong employment creation, unemployment declined in June 2012, after the slight rise a quarter ago.

The seasonally adjusted overall unemployment rate dipped over the quarter by 0.1 per cent to 2.0 per cent in June, erasing the increase in March.

The rate for residents and citizens declined by 0.2 per cent to 2.8 per cent and 3.0 per cent respectively.

The long-term unemployment rate was unchanged over the year at 0.7 per cent.

Some 15,700, or 20 per cent of the unemployed residents had been looking for work for at least 25 weeks in June 2012, similar to 15,500 or 19 per cent a year ago.

Layoffs fell for the second successive quarter, after rising in the fourth quarter of 2011.

2,210 workers were made redundant in the second quarter of 2012, down from 2,600 in the first quarter of 2012 and 3,250 in the fourth quarter of 20111.

Based on CPF records, three in five residents laid off in the first quarter of 2012 found a job by June 2012.

This re-entry rate into employment within six months of redundancy rose from the 50 per cent experienced by the previous cohort in March 2012.

Amid the subdued global economic outlook, the number of job vacancies declined over the year by 15 per cent to 47,300 in June 2012.

After adjusting for seasonality, job openings fell over the quarter by 8.9 per cent to 45,600.

This was the second consecutive quarter of decline after hitting the high of 55,400 in December 2011.

- CNA/xq

latour
14-09-12, 12:09

I think 50% LTV is not the problem, the problem is there are people got $$$ but dun know where to put/invest.

Arcachon
14-09-12, 13:07
Wow.... never thought of that!
A good catch :D .

@Arcahon..... my gal is below the legal age for marriage at the moment.
Can consider in future ;) .

Sent me a messages when your gal reach Legal age, thanks.

Ringo33
14-09-12, 13:12
Nothings gonna stop us now

16,000 healthcare staff to get salary increase from September

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1225965/1/.html

buttercarp
14-09-12, 13:14

Aiyo.... sounds like a business transaction.
Btw, what is the current market rate for dowry from the male side, presuming you follow chinese tradition?

PN
14-09-12, 13:15

You better ask how old she is now. Maybe only 8yrs old.
How? You son can wait so long or not?

Laguna
14-09-12, 13:15
Corp bond prices already up in Singapore ... now 15y 3.65% is the NORM

Even Genting perpetual bond is now priced at 1.025

ya, when people start to realise on the yield compression, the price will be even higher....

Arcachon
14-09-12, 13:20
Aiyo.... sounds like a business transaction.
Btw, what is the current market rate for dowry from the male side, presuming you follow chinese tradition?

Money is not an issue. They need to be in love first. I cannot leave it to chances and wait, I believe I need to create the chances for my son else his chances of joining the single increase as the day pass.

BTW he is 18 and in Singapore doing his pre-enlistment and his life worth more than 300 SGD.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=14902

buttercarp
14-09-12, 13:25
Money is not an issue. They need to be in love first. I cannot leave it to chances and wait, I believe I need to create the chances for my son else his chances of joining the single increase as the day pass.

BTW he is 18 and in Singapore doing his pre-enlistment and his life worth more than 300 SGD.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=14902

So you are buying the cardiologist's idea and sending him for screening?
I think I would too, when it comes to my son's turn, which is not too long away.
LOL..... my gal is in secondary school, so they are of the same generation :).

carbuncle
14-09-12, 14:04
buttercarp side got landed, Archachon side got many apartments. both join forces HUAT ah!!!! plus many babies possible all got space to grow up in

Ringo33
14-09-12, 14:12

need not worry lah. Government will ramp up their BTO supply and introduce more restriction for HDB flats to make it affordable.

dont spoil market leh. ask your kids buy hdb first lah

carbuncle
14-09-12, 14:20
@butter, your daughter so sticky one ah.... cham liao lor

buttercarp
14-09-12, 14:32
need not worry lah. Government will ramp up their BTO supply and introduce more restriction for HDB flats to make it affordable.

dont spoil market leh. ask your kids buy hdb first lah

Yup.... of course must buy HDB!
I mentioned before that HDB is like a birth right.
But the problem is that HDB now also getting expensive and smaller.
May the force be with the next generation :) .

radha08
14-09-12, 14:52
Nothings gonna stop us now

yup up up and away...:D

Laguna
14-09-12, 14:55
buttercarp side got landed, Archachon side got many apartments. both join forces HUAT ah!!!! plus many babies possible all got space to grow up in

yayay, I also want.....
my girl 26...my boy 23....

No HDB..no landed....

carbuncle
14-09-12, 15:04
wa if butter arch Laguna combined families power sia

nav14
14-09-12, 15:20

I have been looking around for the past 1 mth and the market has really started moving up aggressively over the past 2 weeks. Units are being done at record prices and many taken at asking prices. Will start showing up in caveats soon.
Another round of CM by January is more or less guaranteed.

buttercarp
14-09-12, 15:22
wa if butter arch Laguna combined families power sia

Wah.... sounds like some drama.
Actually Laguna (presuming she is female)..... I imagine her to be like Margaret Chan of Masters of the Sea.

lajia
14-09-12, 15:55
I have been looking around for the past 1 mth and the market has really started moving up aggressively over the past 2 weeks. Units are being done at record prices and many taken at asking prices. Will start showing up in caveats soon.

yaya...must cmcm. soft landing soft landing...:o if not eating ah kun like going resturant like that...very ex nowadays...

Sleepyhead
14-09-12, 16:57
Actually Laguna (presuming she is female)..... I imagine her to be like Margaret Chan of Masters of the Sea.

laguna is a man....

buttercarp
14-09-12, 17:24
laguna is a man....
She is a lady who sounds like a man.

amk
14-09-12, 19:46

Like what ? Further down LTV like HK ?

amk
14-09-12, 19:47
She is a lady who sounds like a man.

How do u know ? Woman's instinct ?

radha08
14-09-12, 20:00

hai yo we still havent sorted the male/female thingy....:doh:

calling carbuncle please look into this matter...:D:D:D

Sleepyhead
14-09-12, 21:00
This is the best kept secret on this Forum.. Respect Laguna..... half the people here think man.. half think woman.... very good!!

:cheers5:

buttercarp
14-09-12, 21:59
How do u know ? Woman's instinct ?

She sounds like a man, though.
But men don't usually retire so early n man don't stay with father in law, n men don't usually bring their aged parents to see doctor.

samuelk
14-09-12, 21:59
So which showroom are price to sell ?

yowetan
14-09-12, 22:10
She sounds like a man, though.
But men don't usually retire so early n man don't stay with father in law, n men don't usually bring their aged parents to see doctor.

My humble observation - A man will not get emotional easily.

I understand I have stir a whirlpool in this moniker mentally.

bakasa2002
14-09-12, 22:30
Back to the showroom topic, are we expecting any launches this weekend? I know Eco is lined up for 21st and kovan regency 29th. Anything else this week or sep?

dtrax
14-09-12, 22:31
Back to the showroom topic, are we expecting any launches this weekend? I know Eco is lined up for 21st and kovan regency 29th. Anything else this week or sep?

it is what we call the calm b4 the storm... storming into showflats..

radha08
14-09-12, 23:33

i passed by eco got pink and red baloons/lanterns outside the showflat..:confused:

carbuncle
14-09-12, 23:33
once again I kena for sex related issue@:/ lol I guess I take it as my calling ya. I know the real gender of Laguna as the subject personally shared with me before. however I will not tell... don't see why I need to.....

phantom_opera
14-09-12, 23:34
this green lantern or ghost month one?

Laguna now becomes SUBJECT, male, female, gay, lesbian?! ALIEN :scared-1:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wTQiFWavrbA/T8_Gcu5KVYI/AAAAAAAAAhI/-qNqnbcpyhk/s1600/green.jpg

carbuncle
14-09-12, 23:34
yowe, gay men can be more emotional than some women.

danntbt
15-09-12, 07:09
...and those who can stomach multiple properties with below average salaries has the coolest emotion.

radha08
15-09-12, 10:20
yowe, gay men can be more emotional than some women.

yowe-tan...:confused:

Laguna
15-09-12, 10:37
This is the best kept secret on this Forum.. Respect Laguna..... half the people here think man.. half think woman.... very good!!

:cheers5:

alamak....Focus is coming to my place tonite....
how to keep this secret
must make him sign non-disclosure agreement first before getting into my gate....

bakasa2002
15-09-12, 12:51
i passed by eco got pink and red baloons/lanterns outside the showflat..:confused:

Hahaha ... That's a kids magnet ... I am not surprised if they are giving out lanterns as freebies. Showflat look up and ready to you? Have not pass by that stretch for a while. :)

buttercarp
15-09-12, 13:15
alamak....Focus is coming to my place tonite....
how to keep this secret
must make him sign non-disclosure agreement first before getting into my gate....

Laguna is meeting Focus.... wow!
Both of you not scared to meet each other?
What if both don't meet up to each other's expectation, then how?

buttercarp
15-09-12, 13:20
My humble observation - A man will not get emotional easily.

I understand I have stir a whirlpool in this moniker mentally.

You have caused many stirs already.

We have been discussing so much about you.

phantom_opera
15-09-12, 13:25

This is the problem of Singapore ... expectation about status, expectation about PSLE result, expectation about staying in condo, landed, expectation about male, female or gay :p

Kiasu is a double edge sword

yowetan
15-09-12, 13:33
You have caused many stirs already.

We have been discussing so much about you.

Hi. I know I am a talking point now because I am behaving differently.

Being said that, I am still very much a Singaporean, Kiasu and Kia-see.

I am still contemplating to do something beyond many people's logical thinking process!

3C
15-09-12, 13:44
If all these smart gurus can group together & open a property investment business, you will 'HUAT' big time. Dont dream & wait, analyse. Go meet up & action.

andy
15-09-12, 14:05

What if rush to marry and separate later.

Does spouse get half the properties?

Arcachon
15-09-12, 15:18
What if rush to marry and separate later.

Does spouse get half the properties?

What you mean is, if marry later will less likely to separate.

I believe when a man think of getting marry early, he got more time and larger pool of lady to look for his love.

When he is old, those good one already marry and those leftover may give the man more problem.

Arcachon
15-09-12, 15:19
If all these smart gurus can group together & open a property investment business, you will 'HUAT' big time. Dont dream & wait, analyse. Go meet up & action.

To many cook spoil the soup.

If Singapore have more than one LKY. They will be fighting one another instead of thinking how to make Singapore a better place.

focus
15-09-12, 15:33

I meet to learn from people's experience.
Expectation for me definitely will be met! :)
I am not sure what he can learn from me though.. hehe..

Laguna, NDA will definitely be adhered to!

andy
15-09-12, 15:36
What you mean is, if marry later will less likely to separate.

I believe when a man think of getting marry early, he got more time and larger pool of lady to look for his love.

When he is old, those good one already marry and those leftover may give the man more problem.

Sorry what I meant is a hurried decision, whether you are old or young, could lead to separation.

Anyway the question was in the event of separation, how does the current laws treat joint ownership of properties?

dtrax
15-09-12, 15:43
After so much Tcss, can anyone give a field report which show flats r crowded with pple, anyone shouting no 50% in 2015 no buy. Thanks

Arcachon
15-09-12, 16:00
Sorry what I meant is a hurried decision, whether you are old or young, could lead to separation.

Anyway the question was in the event of separation, how does the current laws treat joint ownership of properties?

Depend on a lot of factor. A friend of mine give his HDB to the wife. My mother-in-law take over the HDB thought the lawyer. My neighbor null the marriage and get 50:50.

dtrax
16-09-12, 01:45
Anyone made a purchase this weekend? Anyoneeee??

hyenergix
16-09-12, 08:18

Prices will go crazy again. Sharing a joke below on self-fulfilling prophecy (that may not turn out to be true) that also applies to the property craze now when everyone believes prices will go up, so be careful :)

It was autumn, and the Indians on the remote reservation asked their new Chief if the winter was going to be cold or mild. Since he was a new Indian Chief in a modern society, he had never been taught the old secrets, and when he looked at the sky, he couldn't tell what the weather was going to be.

Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, he replied to his tribe that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect wood to be prepared. But also being a practical leader, after several days he got an idea. He went to the phone booth, called the National Weather Service and asked,

"Is the coming winter going to be cold?"

"It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold indeed," the meteorologist at the weather service responded.

So the Chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more wood in order to be prepared. A week later he called the National Weather Service again.

"Is it going to be a very cold winter?"

"Yes," the man at National Weather Service again replied, "it's going to be a very cold winter."

The Chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of wood they could find. Two weeks later he called the National Weather Service again.

"Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?"

"Absolutely," the man replied. "It's going to be one of the coldest winters ever."

"How can you be so sure?" the Chief asked.

The weatherman replied, "The Indians are collecting wood like crazy!"

leesg123
16-09-12, 09:11
Yah, after tcss for 8pages, still no updates!

radha08
16-09-12, 10:08
Yah, after tcss for 8pages, still no updates!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D....interesting observation

Laguna
16-09-12, 11:08

WOWOW...buttercrap...
crap, crap, it was a wonderful session.....
we had Chinese tea, mooncake, fruits, wine and nuts.........and talked non-stop.....

buttercarp
16-09-12, 11:25
WOWOW...buttercrap...
crap, crap, it was a wonderful session.....
we had Chinese tea, mooncake, fruits, wine and nuts.........and talked non-stop.....

Great you both had a wonderful crappy time!
Btw carp ≠ crap.

carbuncle
16-09-12, 13:03
thanks sis energetic hyena for the very nice and funny joke!! thumbs up

DC33_2008
16-09-12, 13:12
Are they serving moo cake and tea in showflat?

primeesense
16-09-12, 17:41

Just bought 8RS For own stay :)

Liked the location.

phantom_opera
16-09-12, 17:42

Liked the location.

how is sales at 8RS?

primeesense
16-09-12, 17:48
how is sales at 8RS?

Still quiet. There was another person who bought at the same time. Thats about it.

DC33_2008
16-09-12, 17:49
Congrats. What 8 RS?
Still quiet. There was another person who bought at the same time. Thats about it.

carbuncle
16-09-12, 17:56
prime, may I know what size you bought?

radha08
16-09-12, 17:57
Congrats. What 8 RS?

mitsubishi evolution 8 rs....:D:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::D

http://carwallpapers10.net/wp-content/uploads/images/23/mitsubishi-lancer-evo-viii__400x254.jpg

zeamybro
16-09-12, 17:58

Liked the location.

Prime ... Congrats! I used to work at bendemeer and I like the area too. Amenities aplenty and it's a stone's throw to town :)

buttercarp
16-09-12, 18:00
Congrats. What 8 RS?

8RS = 8 river suites?
Congrats primeesense!

DC33_2008
16-09-12, 18:04
Delete. Sorry .......