View Full Version : Kovan Regency (Hoi Hup) near Kovan MRT

Pages : 1 [2]

kane
03-10-12, 00:11
This one must consult our resident dimension consultant Kanarazu... Before the forum was down, he could even provide an estimate to the pool width taking into account the height and width of the side steps :tongue3:

for the size of the land, it feels like the blocks are only 25m apart.

phantom_opera
03-10-12, 00:12
for the size of the land, it feels like the blocks are only 25m apart.

that is quite normal, most ECO blocks are that far apart, next time facing outside unblocked even a bit of noise and dust will be better than facing your opposite blocks or surrounded by high rise like this

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/6/3/f/f/63ff0725638325_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/c/4/6/e/c46e0325638306_1_V550.jpg

Kanarazu
03-10-12, 00:12
This one must consult our resident dimension consultant Kanarazu... Before the forum was down, he could even provide an estimate to the pool width taking into account the height and width of the side steps :tongue3:

Looks like 30-40-ish to me.
I miscalculated on the pool. If agent's 5.8m is correct and map is to scale then actually lap is only 45m since 50m is measured between the 2 acute edges of the pool.

kane
03-10-12, 00:14
I miscalculated on the pool. If agent's 5.8m is correct and map is to scale then actually lap is only 45m since 50m is measured between the 2 acute edges of the pool.

that wide? what do you use to make those projections? amazing number projections though.

kane
03-10-12, 00:18
that's the caspian.heh.

bakasa2002
03-10-12, 00:19
The mrt is the main draw. It's not just any other mrt stations but being one stop away from Serangoon interchange which brings u connected to the red, green and future DTL line within 3-4 stops. Moreover it brings u directly to the city at Dhoby Ghaut which is another major interchange itself. Hence, I see potential tenants from all over the island ...

Other draws include the NS facing, very simple and squarish layouts, not v congested site layout (not like only 20m away from opp block) and nearby amenities...

Not vested though

I am also puzzled that Kovan is so hot but have to say I am not a NE person, so maybe not my cup of tea.

Imo, it's main selling pt is location, mrt, amenities and perhaps 'affordable' quantum when you compare to the same no. of bedroom w K Residences and K Melody.

However, I felt the developer did maximise profit with not so good finishing and facilities. Just selling the location and I am sure most buyer would not mind and is gunning for rental income. Just my :2cents: :)

kane
03-10-12, 00:22
i thought kovan melody is priced reasonably compared to kovan resi.

Kanarazu
03-10-12, 00:22
that wide? what do you use to make those projections? amazing number projections though.

I compared with the 50m pool. Looks like 30m to me now but stack 27 if you look straight ahead northward you can get 45m, and if measured from the MM block it is only 25m. Overall very nicely spaced out.

phantom_opera
03-10-12, 00:23
hot demand could trigger release of GLS along Tampines Road, look at master plan there are 3 more plots opposite with high plot ratio of 3.5, 3.0

bakasa2002
03-10-12, 00:24
u talk until like perfect lol

NEL is not my cup of tea ... i think more potential should be Tampines (or 1-2 stops from Tampines or Expo) as it will have 3 lines connected to it

Phantom bro, I think Tampines potential will be v attractive one DTL is up. Btw, the new EC nx to Trilliant will be launched in Nov and it has a rather funny name called City Life @ Tampines ... :)

http://tampinesec.weebly.com/index.html

Touting the longest ever pool in a EC. :)

zeamybro
03-10-12, 00:25
I compared with the 50m pool. Looks like 30m to me now but stack 27 if you look straight ahead northward you can get 45m, and if measured from the MM block it is only 25m. Overall very nicely spaced out.

I forgot to mention one more plus point is that most units are single loading and independent ... You don't get to share walls with your neighbors ... Those facing outside on higher floors will enjoy even more privacy albeit with some traffic noise from the small roads

Kanarazu
03-10-12, 00:28
hot demand could trigger release of GLS along Tampines Road, look at master plan there are 3 more plots opposite with high plot ratio of 3.5, 3.0

And hopefully this may hasten the refresh of the heartland mall area. Don't forget we also have wing tai coming up next.

kane
03-10-12, 00:46
And hopefully this may hasten the refresh of the heartland mall area. Don't forget we also have wing tai coming up next.

wing tai is in prince charles and not in the heartlands right.

Kanarazu
03-10-12, 00:48
wing tai is in prince charles and not in the heartlands right.

Wing Tai HQ building at 105,107 Tampines Rd recently rezoned as residential.

kane
03-10-12, 00:49
Wing Tai HQ building at 105,107 Tampines Rd recently rezoned as residential.

oh, that could change a few things.

Kanarazu
03-10-12, 00:50
I am also puzzled that Kovan is so hot but have to say I am not a NE person, so maybe not my cup of tea.

Imo, it's main selling pt is location, mrt, amenities and perhaps 'affordable' quantum when you compare to the same no. of bedroom w K Residences and K Melody.

However, I felt the developer did maximise profit with not so good finishing and facilities. Just selling the location and I am sure most buyer would not mind and is gunning for rental income. Just my :2cents: :)

If URA concept plan 2001 can still be trusted there should be another MRT interchange at Hougang and Punggol stations. This I think have to wait naung naung.

kane
03-10-12, 00:52
ERL first man. maybe 20 years later got chance.

Kanarazu
03-10-12, 01:01
In kovan, There are some vacant land zoned for educational use eg parry and rosyth primary school campuses. Anyone knows what are they used for today?

minority
03-10-12, 01:26
The mrt is the main draw. It's not just any other mrt stations but being one stop away from Serangoon interchange which brings u connected to the red, green and future DTL line within 3-4 stops. Moreover it brings u directly to the city at Dhoby Ghaut which is another major interchange itself. Hence, I see potential tenants from all over the island ...

Other draws include the NS facing, very simple and squarish layouts, not v congested site layout (not like only 20m away from opp block) and nearby amenities...

Not vested though

Dont like the dual ac ledge n dual balcony. N the road there always jam. Plus the char kuay tiao store there when cook in evening fumes all come out.

kane
03-10-12, 06:33
The need to widen that rosd outside kovan resi. Make an underpass or something.

Kanarazu
03-10-12, 06:40
The need to widen that rosd outside kovan resi. Make an underpass or something.

Which road?

kane
03-10-12, 08:34
The one between kovan resi and heartland mall.

Kanarazu
03-10-12, 08:55
The one between kovan resi and heartland mall.

There is already MRT below that road with exits on both sides of the road.

kane
03-10-12, 08:59
Move the exits and widen up or build a overpass. As more projects get completed there. It's going to be more jammed.

Kanarazu
03-10-12, 09:32
Move the exits and widen up or build a overpass. As more projects get completed there. It's going to be more jammed.

I see... I think you are referring to extending the viaduct along upp serangoon road right over the kovan area?

kane
03-10-12, 09:47
Yes, exactly. It's a real bottleneck at that stretch.

condolisa
03-10-12, 10:00
Other than traffic condition and opposition ward, what are the drawbacks of this project, if any?

zeamybro
03-10-12, 10:10
Other than traffic condition and opposition ward, what are the drawbacks of this project, if any?

The materials they used for the finishes ie. Ceramic tiles for living/dining and engineered timber strips (not real timber) for bedrooms + very narrow lap pool

condolisa
03-10-12, 10:27
The materials they used for the finishes ie. Ceramic tiles for living/dining and engineered timber strips (not real timber) for bedrooms + very narrow lap pool

Are these the reasons why you are not vested in this project cos I recall you were quite keen initially. BTW, what is the normal width for lap pool?

zeamybro
03-10-12, 10:38
Are these the reasons why you are not vested in this project cos I recall you were quite keen initially. BTW, what is the normal width for lap pool?

No, these were not the deterring factors. I didnt manage to get a unit becos by the time it was my turn to join the queue, there were hardly any units left. I believe the interior finishings can be changed (with $$ of cos, and more impt shld be the construction quality) but the location cant (location is subjective too; not everyone is a fan of kovan).

The width of each lane in an olympic sized pool shld be around 2.5m.

condolisa
03-10-12, 10:50
No, these were not the deterring factors. I didnt manage to get a unit becos by the time it was my turn to join the queue, there were hardly any units left. I believe the interior finishings can be changed (with $$ of cos, and more impt shld be the construction quality) but the location cant (location is subjective too; not everyone is a fan of kovan).

The width of each lane in an olympic sized pool shld be around 2.5m.

Thanks for enlightening! I am curious, why there is still a queue when there are no more units left?

buttercarp
03-10-12, 10:59
Thanks for enlightening! I am curious, why there is still a queue when there are no more units left?

Hi condolisa, I like your user name :) .
Queue... could it be for subsale?

condolisa
03-10-12, 11:03
Thank you, Buttercarp. I thiught there is SSD for subsale in Ist 4 yrs.

zeamybro
03-10-12, 11:07

The balloting started at 11am .... at 12:30 my name wasnt called so i went off .. Agent called me back at 3:30pm, there was still quite a queue but one glance at the board i see not more than 10 units without the "sold" sticker

But by evening, agent sms to tell me there were 2 buyers who pulled out already ... LOL

condolisa
03-10-12, 11:20
The balloting started at 11am .... at 12:30 my name wasnt called so i went off .. Agent called me back at 3:30pm, there was still quite a queue but one glance at the board i see not more than 10 units without the "sold" sticker

But by evening, agent sms to tell me there were 2 buyers who pulled out already ... LOL

Sorry for the incessant questions - when they pull out, do they forfeit part of booking fee?

zeamybro
03-10-12, 11:28
Sorry for the incessant questions - when they pull out, do they forfeit part of booking fee?

No prob condolisa.. i also learn alot from the forum seniors here...

Yeah when they pull out, 25% of the booking fee would be forfeited ie. 25% of the 5% booking fee = 1.25% of the house price. And thats only provided u havent signed the S&P

Kanarazu
03-10-12, 11:30
Those in the queue that didn't get to choose might have experienced a moment of coventry.

condolisa
03-10-12, 12:10
Those in the queue that didn't get to choose might have experienced a moment of coventry.
Zeamybro seems cool about it. I wonder why?

Kanarazu
03-10-12, 12:40

I was told engineered ones are less likely to warp over time so what's so inferior about engineered timber strips? Up till now I still haven't figured out if the tiles are ceramic or homogenous, guess I will visit a tile showroom one of these days to learn more.

CP5211
03-10-12, 12:54
I was told engineered ones are less likely to warp over time so what's so inferior about engineered timber strips? Up till now I still haven't figured out if the tiles are ceramic or homogenous, guess I will visit a tile showroom one of these days to learn more.
I hereby confirm its ceramic tiles. Its written in the hardcopy of the sales brochure which was handed out when you are balloted and enter the showroom

CP5211
03-10-12, 12:57
Does anyone knows why despite all the shortcomings, Kovan Regency was able to sell out, where as Bartley Residence still has quite number of units (despite it having 702 units but it was launched a few months back). Sorry no offence to the Bartley R buyers...

Laguna
03-10-12, 13:09
I hereby confirm its ceramic tiles. Its written in the hardcopy of the sales brochure which was handed out when you are balloted and enter the showroom

this developer is really very profit driven.

taggy
03-10-12, 13:37
Does anyone knows why despite all the shortcomings, Kovan Regency was able to sell out, where as Bartley Residence still has quite number of units (despite it having 702 units but it was launched a few months back). Sorry no offence to the Bartley R buyers...

Can it be opposition party united? :D

chanel
03-10-12, 13:39
Location is the keyword! Bartley is out of nowhere and so near to Bidadari and far away from shopping malls. But still not too bad to get some buyers. Also difficult to judge if want to compare with Luxurie, just opposite SengKang MRT & Mall & yet not fully sold. Some developments dont have the X-factor which buyers are looking for.

phantom_opera
03-10-12, 13:40
KR is more exclusive

http://shirtoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/resistance-is-futile.jpg

Kanarazu
03-10-12, 13:45
:scared-2:

Then I've met an agent who cannot handle the truth. :) thanks.

zeamybro
03-10-12, 13:50
Zeamybro seems cool about it. I wonder why?

LOL ... then am i supposed to feel sour and start to shoot down this project just because i couldnt get it? Just kidding :)

I guess every project has its own potential and diff ppl appreciate and value each of these projects differently ... Congratulations to all successful buyers! For those who couldnt get or dont like this project, just have to move on ... la

phantom_opera
03-10-12, 13:52
LOL ... then am i supposed to feel sour and start to shoot down this project just because i couldnt get it? Just kidding :)

I guess every project has its own potential and diff ppl appreciate and value each of these projects differently ... Congratulations to all successful buyers! For those who couldnt get or dont like this project, just have to move on ... la

In such a hot market, the disappointed buyers will very fast grep whatever leftovers from existing projects ... just like Archipelago was gone in a few days after QE3 announcement:cheers4:

buttercarp
03-10-12, 13:56
Thank you, Buttercarp. I thiught there is SSD for subsale in Ist 4 yrs.

Can the very big time buyers reserve multiple units from the developer before the launch but later sell it away?

zeamybro
03-10-12, 14:12
Can the very big time buyers reserve multiple units from the developer before the launch but later sell it away?

I think they will still be subjected to the 4yr SSD right?

Anyway, i am predicting that there should be quite a number of returned units. Some buyers could be buying under pressure and bought a unit which is beyond their initial budget. Eg. initially only aim 2BR or mid flr but project left with only 3BR or high flr when reaches their turn

At that moment, some might have been so thrilled to hear their names being called out in the balloting ex amongst the 1000 of cheques received, and felt that kena liao dont buy would be such a pity...

With such a long queue and big crowd waiting behind, i guess some of them might not be cool enough to make a sound decision on the spot. Buy liao, go home then discover money not enough.

buttercarp
03-10-12, 14:19
With such a long queue and big crowd waiting behind, i guess some of them might not be cool enough to make a sound decision on the spot. Buy liao, go home then discover money not enough.

It is true.
Buying can be infectious especially with the herd instinct.

cnud
03-10-12, 14:41
In such a hot market, the disappointed buyers will very fast grep whatever leftovers from existing projects ... just like Archipelago was gone in a few days after QE3 announcement:cheers4:

Archi sold out?

zeamybro
03-10-12, 14:59
Archi sold out?

Think left with only 5 or 6 Penthouses ... shld be hovering around 2M and above

condolisa
03-10-12, 15:07

So true, where next?

carbuncle
03-10-12, 15:22
What's the purpose of this ledge? Does Kovan Regency have it?

Can think twice before jumping down.

focus
03-10-12, 18:36
How does URA or the govt ensure that developers do not create misleading demand?

Pasting of stickers on a board is very simple ... taking it off also very simple. No need contract signed.

Queues..also very simple. Can buy people to queue..

carbuncle
03-10-12, 19:12
nobody should be looking at those unless they buy with herd mentality.

kane
03-10-12, 19:17
And they should rule against those green stickers to indicate reserve interest. But you can superced by presenting a cheque. It's either sold or it's not. Where this kind of soft chope with tissue paper likein hawker centre ah?

carbuncle
03-10-12, 19:24
it is exactly becoz people are suckers for those cheap tricks that they continue unabated today.

buttercarp
03-10-12, 19:32
And they should rule against those green stickers to indicate reserve interest. But you can superced by presenting a cheque. It's either sold or it's not. Where this kind of soft chope with tissue paper likein hawker centre ah?

So that means if you see a red sticker on the unit you want, you can still try and ask if it is still available?

kane
03-10-12, 20:45
So that means if you see a red sticker on the unit you want, you can still try and ask if it is still available?

Red ones is sold so those for certain, you can't buy. Then there are a whole series of green, supposedly soft booked? What kind of nonsense is that?

zeamybro
03-10-12, 20:50
Outcome during day 1 evening

http://i45.tinypic.com/aue7w1.jpg

buttercarp
03-10-12, 20:52
Got this from their facebook page posted on 29 Sept:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kovan-Regency/343615959063335

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/644051_352030214888576_1461552970_n.jpg

buttercarp
03-10-12, 20:56
Red ones is sold so those for certain, you can't buy. Then there are a whole series of green, supposedly soft booked? What kind of nonsense is that?

Mabbe the ones with the green sticker are the people who said they want the unit but have yet to sign the OTP? So if you express interest in it and is able to commit, then the green sticker will become red sticker in your favour?

kane
03-10-12, 21:46
this is considered sparingly applied. i have seen entire columns/stacks of green.

phantom_opera
03-10-12, 22:04
Kenobi-wan where r u

http://boombustblog.com/images/stories/thumbnails/images-stories-aapl-Apple_Margin_chart-449x400.jpg

zeamybro
03-10-12, 22:27
Mabbe the ones with the green sticker are the people who said they want the unit but have yet to sign the OTP? So if you express interest in it and is able to commit, then the green sticker will become red sticker in your favour?

Yes, i believe these are the soft bookings. Potential buyers have shown strong interest but not yet submitted their cheques. But once there are other buyers who express interest in the same units, the agents would contact them so that they could rush down to submit their cheques. But whoever submitted the cheques first would get the units.

Kanarazu
03-10-12, 22:38
Kenobi-wan: "KR sold out?! Cannot be one."

kane
04-10-12, 00:02
Kenobi-wan: "KR sold out?! Cannot be one."

confirm sold out ah? their townhouses are pretty pricey leh.

azeoprop
04-10-12, 00:19
Sold out within 1 weekend at exorbitant prices!? :scared-1: :tsk-tsk: :scared-1:

Eh
04-10-12, 00:40
Too hot to handle? Cooling measures on the way if that's the case. Still have to look at other current new projects like sky miltonia, heron bay etc coz KR could be because of near mrt that's why it's so hot.

bakasa2002
04-10-12, 01:15
Sold out within 1 weekend at exorbitant prices!? :scared-1: :tsk-tsk: :scared-1:

Was it at 1300psf or lower?

cnud
04-10-12, 10:37
Kovan area be prepared for jam all the way in Upper Serangoon Road. Just getting from Potong Pasir to Kovan town for tuition on Sat/Sun is crazy.

dunatos
04-10-12, 11:47

I asked the agent the same question on pool width. He mentioned it was 36m between units. I used ruler, about 30+m...

dunatos
04-10-12, 11:48
Was it at 1300psf or lower?

Depended on which floors... some units more than 1300psf.

zeamybro
04-10-12, 22:28
Depended on which floors... some units more than 1300psf.

My friend got a high floor at $1400 psf

kane
04-10-12, 23:24
My friend got a high floor at $1400 psf

1 bed or 2 bed?

zeamybro
04-10-12, 23:37
1 bed or 2 bed?

2 bedder premium

kane
04-10-12, 23:39
2 bedder premium

What was the total quantum?

Kanarazu
04-10-12, 23:51
What was the total quantum?

Should be about 1.086m

kane
04-10-12, 23:56
quantum is ok but I guess the trade off is in the size.

Kanarazu
05-10-12, 00:05

I think there's some kind of quantum ceiling at $1.1m. And i don't see many new launches non-PES/PH 2 bedders larger than 800 sq ft these days.

kane
05-10-12, 00:07
I think there's some kind of quantum ceiling at $1.1m. And i don't see many new launches non-PES/PH 2 bedders larger than 800 sq ft these days.

hard to justify beyond that based on current rental trends for 2 bedders.

zeamybro
05-10-12, 08:46

Considering no HS, no planters and no baywindows, i think this size is quite decent liao compared to slightly older projects which come with all these and commanding even higher quantums.

carbuncle
05-10-12, 10:02
congrats on successful kovan regency sales. all MM nearby can ask for 1500psf n abv liao...

Kanarazu
06-10-12, 09:20
Realized since the blocks are NS facing and parallel to one another, the EW facades look very monotonous like the sides of HDB slab-design flats. I think that's may be the reason why the corners of th EW facade is clipped at 45 degree to make the facade more appealing.

kane
06-10-12, 09:21
congrats on successful kovan regency sales. all MM nearby can ask for 1500psf n abv liao...

logic being?

carbuncle
06-10-12, 09:55
MM psf will always be higher than regular

price
06-10-12, 10:14
MM psf will always be higher than regular

Kovan Grandeur to see 1.8k psf soon?

azeoprop
06-10-12, 10:34
Wonder if we will see a lot of returned units after the new MAS loan rules effective today? :beats-me-man:

carbuncle
06-10-12, 10:48
KG had its hey day, next better player pls

Laguna
06-10-12, 10:56
Wonder if we will see a lot of returned units after the new MAS loan rules effective today? :beats-me-man:

no, not affected at all as OTP was last weekend

Kanarazu
06-10-12, 10:58
no, not affected at all as OTP was last weekend

Nothing stops a developer or agents to backdate the OTP in order to sian the CM right?

Laguna
06-10-12, 11:29
Nothing stops a developer or agents to backdate the OTP in order to sian the CM right?
No so easy, they need to register with controller of housing, and all developers will not want to risk all these.

buttercarp
06-10-12, 11:37

Maybe possible for those who actually visited the showflat and registered their particulars in the record book before 6 Oct.

Otherwise as Laguna has pointed out, it is risky.

carbuncle
06-10-12, 11:47
one or two days different still ok. so this weekend plenty of showflat action.

Kanarazu
06-10-12, 12:09
one or two days different still ok. so this weekend plenty of showflat action.

十月圍城。絕地之戰。買樓盤,烏筆王肯落筆嗎?

buttercarp
06-10-12, 12:28
KR developers heng ar.
Launched the project last weekend and not this weekend.

Kanarazu
06-10-12, 12:32
KR developers heng ar.
Launched the project last weekend and not this weekend.

Other wise this weekend Kovan Emergency.

buttercarp
06-10-12, 12:50
Other wise this weekend Kovan Emergency.

LOL......
Kanarazu, 过分 你真是!

Kanarazu
06-10-12, 12:52
LOL......
Kanarazu, 过分 你真是!

Wow.. I get it. You are reall power-puffed!

zeamybro
06-10-12, 15:08
LOL......
Kanarazu, 过分 你真是!

Waseh buttercarp sis... This one is damm power ... U beat all the previous ones hands down

carbuncle
06-10-12, 16:04
y I catch no ball???

from ah long pte Ltd.?

zeamybro
06-10-12, 16:28
y I catch no ball???

from ah long pte Ltd.?

过分,累死等死 is just beside

buttercarp
06-10-12, 16:29
y I catch no ball???

from ah long pte Ltd.?

It's a direct translation.
Sorry, my chinese has been returned to my teacher.

过分,累死等死 is just beside

Wah, got clues now.

Kanarazu
06-10-12, 16:38

Wah, got clues now.

A:狗糞你真拾?

B:狗糞裡拾東西la!

zeamybro
06-10-12, 16:38

Wah, got clues now.

Will the owners of those nurseries opp Kovan melody who recently got chased away cry 过分,没了地!

Ok enough clues liao, sorry if I have spoilt the fun

Kanarazu
06-10-12, 16:40
Will the owners of those nurseries opp Kovan melody who recently got chased away cry 过分,没了地!

Ok enough clues liao, sorry if I have spoilt the fun

狗糞沒落地, 不用拾!

carbuncle
06-10-12, 16:51
really guo-fen gan-tio u all

draik
06-10-12, 19:06
Actually quite heng to get a unit. But I am thinking that must choose bank loan more carefully now. Make sure that the interest rate must not jump during the 4th or 5th year like OCBC as refinancing mean + 3 years.

Kanarazu
06-10-12, 19:37
Actually quite heng to get a unit. But I am thinking that must choose bank loan more carefully now. Make sure that the interest rate must not jump during the 4th or 5th year like OCBC as refinancing mean + 3 years.

You can refinance with a shorter tenure isn't it? Assuming you have diligently set aside funds during the first 3 years.

draik
06-10-12, 19:48
I am taking a 37 year loan now. 4 years later, if I refinance, I may have to take a 23 year loan. I have not calculate how much will it affect the monthly payment.

Kanarazu
06-10-12, 20:03
I am taking a 37 year loan now. 4 years later, if I refinance, I may have to take a 23 year loan. I have not calculate how much will it affect the monthly payment.

It's a 61% jump in installment if you reduce from 37 to 23. If you have means to finance it why not.

zeamybro
06-10-12, 20:10

Perhaps choose one that gives u the lowest thereafter spread ... Don't get tricked by the low first 3yrs spread ...

kane
06-10-12, 22:11
so did they sell all their apts? only townhouses left? those townhouse will take a while to sell, especially with these new measures.

dunatos
06-10-12, 23:37
so did they sell all their apts? only townhouses left? those townhouse will take a while to sell, especially with these new measures.

I heard should be be all sold. Even for those units that bounced.
You are right about the townhouses.

CP5211
12-10-12, 01:59
Hi all,
I've a question with regards to psf:

Recent transactions at Kovan Residence:
2 bedrm, $1.28M, 883 sq, $1450psf
3 bedrm, $1.5M, 1259 sq, $1191 psf

I bought my K Regency:
3 bedrm, $1.245M, 980 sq, $1270 psf

My 3 bedrm is slight bigger than the 2 bedrm at K Residence. Should I peg it with the 2 bedrm or 3 bedrm at K Residence?
OTP already exercised and just want jot down some of the lessons learnt.
Thank you

dtrax
12-10-12, 02:37
Hi all,

I bought my K Regency:

My 3 bedrm is slight bigger than the 2 bedrm at K Residence. Should I peg it with the 2 bedrm or 3 bedrm at K Residence?
Thank you

IMO, if I am assuming the psf you have listed are units that have similar attributes [same flr/view], you can peg to the 3rm Kovan Residence's psf. However you should take note that the eventual selling price depends on "when" you are selling. For example in a uptrend market, the psf market price for a 2rm or 3rm Kovan Residence will probably be selling at the same psf[regardless of whether initial purchase psf is 1191 or 1450 since everyone is trying to maximise their profits]

But in a downtrend, it is notably different if a seller is trying to cut loss/earn less or sell at cost price. The initial purchase psf will make a difference.

I would say that if the psf gap for a 2rm and 3rm is significant [>200-300psf], you should go for the 3rm since you are likely to have more cap appreciation provided that your exit timing is right. I checked the 3rm layout for ur unit and it seems reasonable, you made the right choice :)

minority
12-10-12, 11:18

coz 1st 4yrs BUC dispersed $$ will be gradually ramp up. basically you ar deferring paying. But also means u wont beinifit much from the low interest rate this few years.

Basically the issue for BUC.

minority
12-10-12, 11:21
IMO, if I am assuming the psf you have listed are units that have similar attributes [same flr/view], you can peg to the 3rm Kovan Residence's psf. However you should take note that the eventual selling price depends on "when" you are selling. For example in a uptrend market, the psf market price for a 2rm or 3rm Kovan Residence will probably be selling at the same psf[regardless of whether initial purchase psf is 1191 or 1450 since everyone is trying to maximise their profits]

But in a downtrend, it is notably different if a seller is trying to cut loss/earn less or sell at cost price. The initial purchase psf will make a difference.

I would say that if the psf gap for a 2rm and 3rm is significant [>200-300psf], you should go for the 3rm since you are likely to have more cap appreciation provided that your exit timing is right. I checked the 3rm layout for ur unit and it seems reasonable, you made the right choice :)

gosh... 3bedroom 980sqf!!!.....

CP5211
12-10-12, 11:58

Hi Dtrax,
Thank you for your analysis.
With regards to my choice of 3 bedroom compact, which is type C2, I actually got 'scolded' by my wife for not buying a type C3, which comes with Utility room.
Her view is that since we would most likely be renting to a family, the bigger C3 would be better as it also comes with utility.

However, I 'listened' to my agent:
C2: Balcony 10 sqm, AC ledge 2 sqm 980 sq ft
C3: Balcony 15 sqm, AC ledge 4 sqm 1130 sq ft
Both layouts are very similar except at the entrance where C3 has a utility room. C2's 2nd bedrm can only fit a single bed.
The price difference between them is about $150k (consider same floor)
Agent says since I'm buying for investment, buy C2 since cash outlay is small. C3 maybe can fetch extra $500 rental per month, $6000/year. It will take $150k/6k=25 years to make up the difference.
On launching day, C3 (48 units) sells out faster than C2 (60 units)
Is my agent right? Of course too late to dwell over this purchase, I just want to treat this as a valuable lesson learnt.

hopeful
12-10-12, 12:21

what is the average psf for c2 and c3, same floor

Kanarazu
12-10-12, 13:13
Hi Dtrax,
With regards to my choice of 3 bedroom compact, which is type C2, I actually got 'scolded' by my wife for not buying a type C3, which comes with Utility room.
Her view is that since we would most likely be renting to a family, the bigger C3 would be better as it also comes with utility.

Both layouts are very similar except at the entrance where C3 has a utility room. C2's 2nd bedrm can only fit a single bed.
Agent says since I'm buying for investment, buy C2 since cash outlay is small. C3 maybe can fetch extra $500 rental per month, $6000/year. It will take $150k/6k=25 years to make up the difference.
Is my agent right? Of course too late to dwell over this purchase, I just want to treat this as a valuable lesson learnt.

It could be the single loading effect that caused c3 to sell faster.

CP5211
12-10-12, 13:19
what is the average psf for c2 and c3, same floor
For mid floor, its about $1270 for C2 and $1250 for C3

CP5211
12-10-12, 13:21
It could be the single loading effect that caused c3 to sell faster.
Thanks. C2 is not single loading?

Kanarazu
12-10-12, 13:27
Thanks. C2 is not single loading?

My mistake.. c1 is the one without dual view.

draik
12-10-12, 13:35
coz 1st 4yrs BUC dispersed $$ will be gradually ramp up. basically you ar deferring paying. But also means u wont beinifit much from the low interest rate this few years.

Basically the issue for BUC.
You are right. I am looking more onto what my bank is offering beyond the 4th year.

henryhk
12-10-12, 13:49
Hi Dtrax,

Is my agent right? Of course too late to dwell over this purchase, I just want to treat this as a valuable lesson learnt. the agent is right , it is easier to rent out 3 room which require lesser budget.....

Liverpool00
13-10-12, 11:49
Hi all,

I bought my K Regency:

Thank you

Just about 2km down at Jalan Pelikat , 930 sqft going at $1060psf.

Kanarazu
13-10-12, 11:55
Just about 2km down at Jalan Pelikat , 930 sqft going at $1060psf.

Promenade@Pelikat or Primo? That one is much further away from MRT.

Liverpool00
16-10-12, 23:38
Promenade@Pelikat or Primo? That one is much further away from MRT.

Only 8-10mins walk to mrt. For a few mins walk a difference of 1300psf and 1050psf.

Kanarazu
17-10-12, 00:20
Only 8-10mins walk to mrt. For a few mins walk a difference of 1300psf and 1050psf.

Roughly 9 min walk or 715m at the least along the HDB carpark. I always had this idea that perhaps the commercial units are subsidizing the residential units in the developer sales of a mixed development.

zeamybro
03-11-12, 22:22
Agent SMS that there are 4 returned units due to buyers unable to secure their bank loans, but prices have been adjusted upwards by the developer. Round 2 of balloting tmr

kane
04-11-12, 00:37
Agent SMS that there are 4 returned units due to buyers unable to secure their bank loans, but prices have been adjusted upwards by the developer. Round 2 of balloting tmr

What unit types were returned?

zeamybro
04-11-12, 07:38
What unit types were returned?

A mix of 2 premium, 3 compact and 3 premium

leesg123
04-11-12, 14:54
i heard even more units being returned as impulse buyers felt they bought too high a price and rather sacrifice the option fee.

zeamybro
04-11-12, 15:15
As of today, 4 were returned for balloting. Mabbe there were more earlier but already been snapped up

dtrax
04-11-12, 15:18
As of today, 4 were returned for balloting. Mabbe there were more earlier but already been snapped up

06-13: $1.7mil
07-25: $1.258mil
07-14: $1.178mil
03-18: $1.32mil

draik
04-11-12, 15:26
Saw a lot of cranes on the site today. Feeling excited.

DC33_2008
04-11-12, 16:02
Hot swift sale will always have returned units. :cool:

CP5211
12-11-12, 23:28
06-13: $1.7mil
07-25: $1.258mil
07-14: $1.178mil
03-18: $1.32mil
Heard all the returned units were sold out. Any confirmation? Thanks.

aunhyunty
01-12-12, 05:38

Not only its a few min walk, it is also FH vs LH.

ocean68a
06-01-14, 11:39
http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/ocean68a/20140104_1837561_zpsb1adc21d.jpg

star
06-01-14, 11:52
http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/ocean68a/20140104_1837561_zpsb1adc21d.jpg

Quite fast.

Eh
15-01-14, 09:59
Looking good kovan regency. Sold out project without any fuss.

PropertyHound
26-01-14, 21:27
Looking good kovan regency. Sold out project without any fuss.

Hope they dun have many defects. Same developer Hoi Hup for Vacanza East and you can see buyers complaining about the poor workmanship plus defects.

Kanarazu
27-01-14, 20:19
Hope they dun have many defects. Same developer Hoi Hup for Vacanza East and you can see buyers complaining about the poor workmanship plus defects.

Maybe can consider those development with quality mark... https://www.bca.gov.sg/QM/projects.aspx

RSG
28-01-14, 07:20
Not only its a few min walk, it is also FH vs LH.

This dev is LH.

phantom_opera
04-02-14, 16:49
after SSD, pure loss, OCR from now on will be pure yield play

22 JAN 2014 2 KOVAN RISE #XX-XX 614sqft 1,320psf 29 OCT 2012 1,307psf $7,982 450d 0.8%

CP5211
09-10-14, 21:54
Hello KR buyers,
received notice today calling for progress payment(internal of unit has been completed). The next notice will be for car parks, roads and drain. Looks like going to TOP soon...

fan
10-10-14, 03:33
Congrats! Looks like the eateries there will b even more crowded with the addition of new KR residents

17-11-14, 00:19
Hi everyone, I posted pictures taken this weekend on skyscrapercity forum. Enjoy.....:cheers4:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1549268

CP5211
27-05-15, 22:35
Hello,
Any KR buyers who has received TOP notice? Progress seemed to have slowed down.

botuckche
15-09-15, 16:39
TOP'ed?

CP5211
15-09-15, 21:46
TOP'ed?
Received a letter from lawyer yesterday asking progressive payment as Stage 6 has been completed. Stage 7 is TOP

botuckche
15-09-15, 23:15
Sounds good..... Seems to be marching towards TOP real soon. Anyone knows of its estimated date

CP5211
17-09-15, 08:25
Sounds good..... Seems to be marching towards TOP real soon. Anyone knows of its estimated date

Asked my lawyer to write to Developer askingTOP date. Developer didn't want to commit and pointed to the official TOP date on SNP which is Dec 2016. This thread is very quiet compared to another thread "Sea Esta", another project by the same developer Hoi Hup.

Arcachon
17-09-15, 08:58
40. Kovan Regency @ Kovan Rise D19 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/559633184184587/

botuckche
17-09-15, 15:52
Asked my lawyer to write to Developer askingTOP date. Developer didn't want to commit and pointed to the official TOP date on SNP which is Dec 2016. This thread is very quiet compared to another thread "Sea Esta", another project by the same developer Hoi Hup.

With worry of legalistic issues, I can understand why they would not want to commit for fear of repercussions. If you have made a trip there recently, one can interpret that TOP should not be 12months later from today for certain.

Skye
26-09-15, 19:04
Fellow owner here checking in. Been asking around for the estimated TOP date too to no avail so far...

Kovankaki
29-09-15, 21:29
Is the current exterior color scheme very different from what it's shown in the brochure and at the showroom?

Skye
10-10-15, 16:21
Just received a letter saying targeted TOP is in Nov/Dec 2015.

botuckche
10-10-15, 20:39
Compound looks ready but the peripheral roads does not seem ready.

Kiwi Lim
24-11-16, 21:57
Hi guys, there is a new mall near Kovan Regency with more than 70 shops at The Promenade at Pelikat shopping mall in Kovan.
Checkout the online mall directory below for a list of the shops at level 1, level B1 and level B2:

http://www.thepromenadeatpelikat.com/shops-l1.html
http://www.thepromenadeatpelikat.com/shops-b1.html
http://www.thepromenadeatpelikat.com/shops-b2.html