God bless AMERICA;)

carbuncle
11-09-12, 12:43
they still sleeping bro.

buttercarp
11-09-12, 13:12
God bless AMERICA;)

Yup.
They are a blessed nation, and so are we :) .

samuelk
11-09-12, 14:54
that fateful day during the attack dealt a blow to my frens as he was retrenched one day befor that.

From that point onwards, he was jobless fr 2 years.

I still recall the conversation that we had.

He was game for taking any role that came along after 6 months, but the employer was more keen on getting a younger person, for fear that he would leave once there is new opportunity.

I guess we need to look to this day as a reminder that anything can happen and worst, our sound racial harmony maybe disrupted if we are not careful and very rational when events unfold .

Vincegoh
11-09-12, 15:28
was still serving NS when i saw what happened on TV at the coffeeshop. still very vivid... but how time flies.. 11 years ago it was.

mcmlxxvi
11-09-12, 15:44
He was game for taking any role that came along after 6 months, but the employer was more keen on getting a younger person, for fear that he would leave once there is new opportunity.

I can really relate to this. Been searching for a year... nothing.

I even applied $2,000 pm jobs. No sound no picture.

If I'm the employer, I will think this guy is playing with me. Even if he is serious, once he found better opportunity he will jump. So what for?

hopeful
11-09-12, 16:10
I can really relate to this. Been searching for a year... nothing.

I even applied $2,000 pm jobs. No sound no picture.

If I'm the employer, I will think this guy is playing with me. Even if he is serious, once he found better opportunity he will jump. So what for?
i am curious why employers dont employ this people.
1) should employ wheelchair-bound.
2) criminals (except those with CBT).
3) the old

why?
1) lack of mobility. if they quit, hard to find jobs.
2) can pay them less. if they quit, hard to find jobs. so even if pay below market rate, they still will stick and because they are also so grateful.
3) if boss pay them a few $ more, their gratitude and loyalty would be more than "normal" people.

most people have something to prove, even the elderly, the disabled, the criminals. they prefer to work for it, to be independent and not to be a burden to their family, and not to be called "waste wood".
so if any employer offer them a chance, they would be more grateful and loyal.

for person 2), if boss need something to be done, can approach person 2), having spend time in prison, can know the lobangs.

samuelk
12-09-12, 08:26
at least now there is a body call fairemployment.sg

it helps , but not much.

my fren was a fairly season guy. But mfg was a sunset industry.

he was at the top of the game. But at last, china booming market n the focus was lower cost with critcal mass.

given the fact that the govt kept saying that singaporean are choisy that was even worst for his morale. Can you imagine someone who moderate his expectation, yet subjected to such unkind response?

so best is to always look out for lobang or trend spotting to move to the next level.

carbuncle
12-09-12, 11:07
agree. but fast moving new tech industry also difficult. lots to keep up with all the time.... after a certain age the brain can only hold so much.

Regulators
12-09-12, 14:21
think more innocent asians and middle easterns are killed by americans in those uncalled for wars than those who died in the twin towers. Of course loss of innocent lives is sad wherever it is, but what makes an american life more precious than an asian?

radha08
12-09-12, 22:32
God bless AMERICA;)

the war continues...:doh:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/africa/libya-us-ambassador-killed/index.html