PDA

View Full Version : Has IRAS ever come after anyone here for paying property in full?

Regulators
10-09-12, 18:48
Just checking if the taxman has every questioned anyone here for paying full for a condo.

Laguna
10-09-12, 19:17
Just checking if the taxman has every questioned anyone here for paying full for a condo.

No, not me....

Regulators
10-09-12, 19:28
I was thinking of buying my next condo n pay in full, but someone told me to be careful of the taxman, not sure whether there is any truth coz I dont want to waste my time drinking kopi with moses lee.

zeamybro
10-09-12, 19:47
Nope, not for me too

phantom_opera
10-09-12, 20:22
Other than Chin/Indon man carrying suitcases of god-know-where-it-comes-from money, I don't see why you should buy by using full cash ... zero leverage what is the point? Then you better just buy into Chip Eng Seng (oops too late share price up 15% liao)

Regulators
10-09-12, 20:39
there will come to a point in your life life when you see no point paying the bank $1k plus interest a month.
Other than Chin/Indon man carrying suitcases of god-know-where-it-comes-from money, I don't see why you should buy by using full cash ... zero leverage what is the point? Then you better just buy into Chip Eng Seng (oops too late share price up 15% liao)

phantom_opera
10-09-12, 20:41
there will come to a point in your life life when you see no point paying the bank $1k plus interest a month.

only make sense for own stay loh

Regulators
10-09-12, 21:01
Same If you collect rental income for retirement. I retiring soon in a few years so minimising my debt.
only make sense for own stay loh