PDA

View Full Version : Singles, I Hear You -MND Minister

leesg123
09-09-12, 15:17
http://mndsingapore.wordpress.com/

Possible policy for singles buying direct from HDB. Extracted from the blog:

Since PM’s ND Rally, many more comments and suggestions have surfaced.
Some are quite sound. For example:
- Allowing singles to buy BTO flats should not be at the severe expense of married couples;
- There must be some restrictions on the type of flats that singles are allowed to buy;
- Singles should not be allowed to rent out the flats;
- If two singles with 2 BTO flats subsequently get married, one of the flats should be sold;
- There must be a difference between the subsidy received by a single and a married couple.
There were other suggestions.
For example:
- The flats sold to singles should be of shorter lease and longer MOP;
- A higher (than 35) age threshold should be imposed on such BTO applicants.

radha08
09-09-12, 15:21
also not forgetting single must sell to singles..:D

leesg123
09-09-12, 15:26
also not forgetting single must sell to singles..:D Easiest is Single must only sell back to HDB, cannot resell in open market. The purpose of allowing singles to buy from HDB is for stay rather investment. if want investment, go get married or go buy private. this policy should not allow singles from making a single cent of profit as this has greatly reduced the chances of married couples from getting their own nest.

blackjack21trader
09-09-12, 15:50
be very careful and much consideration from all perspective must be done before implementing this policy. i am not against it, but take note Singaporean Singles are very kiasu. 2 Single can buy 2 flats, one married couple can buy only 1 hor.

leesg123
09-09-12, 16:02
be very careful and much consideration from all perspective must be done before implementing this policy. i am not against it, but take note Singaporean Singles are very kiasu. 2 Single can buy 2 flats, one married couple can buy only 1 hor.Yup, the whole world owe them a living like that!

DC33_2008
09-09-12, 16:05
They will tell you that they pay taxes too. Some even serve NS. :doh: Garment are being played into the hands of the people.
Yup, the whole world owe them a living like that!

Allthepies
09-09-12, 16:16
Everybody is threatening the government after the fall of a GRC. It takes very strong leadership to resist the temptation to give in to all the requests. Only policies tat are good for the country should be adopted and the government should reject popular policies tat are detrimental to the country. Country before party interest before personnal interest.

Voters should also be intelligent and mature enough to see what is good or bad for the country.

carbuncle
09-09-12, 16:18
govt should just base eligibility to BTO on how much you give back to society via taxes, volunteering, babies etc.

hell of nightmare to administer but a total true MERITOCRACY. will just shut all detractors up.

imagine the sg then... people volunteering to donate sperm, blood, ferry the handicapped around, fostering stray animals, sweeping roadsides willingly. such a beautiful world.

carbuncle
09-09-12, 16:21
Govt has just succeeded in making Singles a word almost as dirty as Opposition.

We hear you. We will try to accommodate your needs. When we actually don't give too hoots... buzz off.

august
09-09-12, 17:18
be very careful and much consideration from all perspective must be done before implementing this policy. i am not against it, but take note Singaporean Singles are very kiasu. 2 Single can buy 2 flats, one married couple can buy only 1 hor.

fake "divorce", then each go buy one flat, rent out one.

radha08
09-09-12, 17:19

so if i am above 35 and single and have a girlfriend also above 35 and single WE should NOT get married and buy 1 hdb...we should stay single and buy 2hdb....still can continue...to have SEX under 1 roof and rent out other roof...:doh:

leesg123
09-09-12, 18:14
so if i am above 35 and single and have a girlfriend also above 35 and single WE should NOT get married and buy 1 hdb...we should stay single and buy 2hdb....still can continue...to have SEX under 1 roof and rent out other roof...:doh:MND is aware of this which is why no statements out yet. but this group is a minority.

solsys
09-09-12, 20:44
MND is aware of this which is why no statements out yet. but this group is a minority.

The new generation of youngsters will beat the system by staying single and having children.

There will be alot of babies born out of wedlock.

The only way to circumvent such acts from abusers is to sell back to HDB so that there is no market value to earn $$$ either by rental or capital returns.

Government MUST think carefully before implementing.......... Alot of parents will be dumped as well when these singles can buy their own place and forsake their parents......

Party
09-09-12, 22:22
They are also not allow to rent out their flat.

iwantgizmos
10-09-12, 00:40
Not too mention, buying from HDB, singles must also meet the ethnicity/race quota (Chinese, Malay, Indian & Other Races)

- HDB’s Ethnic Integration Policy (EIP)

minority
10-09-12, 09:22
Everybody is threatening the government after the fall of a GRC. It takes very strong leadership to resist the temptation to give in to all the requests. Only policies tat are good for the country should be adopted and the government should reject popular policies tat are detrimental to the country. Country before party interest before personnal interest.

Voters should also be intelligent and mature enough to see what is good or bad for the country.

Agree. With that!

Stingray
11-09-12, 06:43
Human beings are mostly selfish. Some are unreasonable. So government is really having a hard time to pacify those unhappy voters.

I hope the government will see some of the suggestions here which are very good. I hope they have the foresight to implement a policy that can help the single but not taking advantage of it nor encourage people to be single.