PDA

View Full Version : No need for additional CM - Mr Khaw

blackapple
09-09-12, 10:59
But he dismissed the need for additional measures to cool the housing market, despite public and private prices picking up pace again after a lull in the first half of the year.

Data from the Singapore Real Estate Exchange last Friday showed that private resale prices rose 4.5 per cent last month over July, while overall median HDB flat prices rose 1.8 per cent over the two months.

"These month-to-month fluctuations, I won't waste time worrying about it," Mr Khaw told reporters later. "It's the overall picture (that matters), and the overall picture is that the situation now is totally different from a year ago."

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/khaw-eases-fears-over-1m-flat-price-20120909

phantom_opera
09-09-12, 11:02
Obiwan continues to be complacent very good

Laguna
09-09-12, 11:12
nvr trust what they said.....

and there is no timline of what he mentioned...no CM within 3 months perhaps

carbuncle
09-09-12, 11:15
He is justifying his own next promotion....

blackapple
09-09-12, 11:25
nvr trust what they said.....

and there is no timline of what he mentioned...no CM within 3 months perhaps

Of course.. If every month increase 4.5%, then new CM will and should be added...

radha08
09-09-12, 11:27
i think his position is the most stressful of all the ministers...do also kena dont do also kena....:doh:

Yin Yin
09-09-12, 11:30
i think his position is the most stressful of all the ministers...do also kena dont do also kena....:doh:

You're such an understanding person. To many out there, they'll just think he has an easy job.

blackapple
09-09-12, 11:42

I think Lui$ is more stressful than Khaw.. The amount of damage to be undone is more complex and very very time consuming..

carbuncle
09-09-12, 11:51
Its not easy at all. You cant take care of conflicting sectors of society.

Barring any other differences, I always believe you cant be profamily without at the same time being antisingle. Its inherent to their definitions. Unless you tell me there is a NEW definition of family or single in Singapore.

hyenergix
09-09-12, 11:52

Ministers have CEOs n Directors to research n plan for them. Juz have to make a political decision tt's all.

Laguna
09-09-12, 12:00
I have to agree that the ministers like Liu and Khaw, Teo..are not having an easy job.

If we compare ourselves to HK, Taiwan, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia and lots and lots of countries in the world including US, especially when u traval more and more, u will realise our govt has done an excellent job...

Allthepies
09-09-12, 12:06
I have to agree that the ministers like Liu and Khaw, Teo..are not having an easy job.

If we compare ourselves to HK, Taiwan, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia and lots and lots of countries in the world including US, especially when u traval more and more, u will realise our govt has done an excellent job...

++1 super like. If majority of Singaporeans rationalise like Laguna, objective and non personnal, Singapore has hope!! :D :D :D :D

blackapple
09-09-12, 12:20
++1 super like. If majority of Singaporeans rationalise like Laguna, objective and non personnal, Singapore has hope!! :D :D :D :D

I think only the minority are complaining, especially with the new NIMBY mentiality. Even the disagreement with FT are just a small portion of singaporeans. That explain why PAP still get 60% even when their self claim higher government standard drop badly..

buttercarp
09-09-12, 12:40

I agree it is stressful to be a minister, I don't think it is the most stressful of all....
As a politician, his role is to do what is best for the society and most importantly satisfy the majority.

Agree with you, Laguna.
That's why I am proud to be a Singaporean!
It really takes someone to be a minister.
It is so stressful that they age faster than the usual man in the street.
It is really a great sacrifice.

stiook
09-09-12, 12:50

Agreed... but most people tend to focus on the negatives. The positives are taken for granted because they are paid millions to do the job and expected to do it well. A lot of the issues we are facing now, rising property prices, inflation, are also faced by neighbouring countries. Low birth rate is usual in developed countries. We do not have natural resources and we are a small country...

I have benefitted from the system. There are policies that I do not agree but on a whole, I do think thery have done a decent job when compared to some other countries.

stiook
09-09-12, 12:53
I agree it is stressful to be a minister, I don't think it is the most stressful of all....
As a politician, his role is to do what is best for the society and most importantly satisfy the majority.

Agree with you, Laguna.

Yah... saw our PM live at one of those community event... really seem to age a lot.

carbuncle
09-09-12, 12:59
hello. he had a fight with cancer.

buttercarp
09-09-12, 13:04
hello. he had a fight with cancer.

Yup, but he is in remission.
Look at the other ministers.... most of them aged a lot since they took office.
To me that's a BIG sacrifice.

blackapple
09-09-12, 13:10
Yup, but he is in remission.
Look at the other ministers.... most of them aged a lot since they took office.
To me that's a BIG sacrifice.

Look at lawrence wong. Think he age a lot after the GE. He is only 40..

buttercarp
09-09-12, 13:17
Look at lawrence wong. Think he age a lot after the GE. He is only 40..

That's why I personally feel that politics are for males.
Sometimes a matured aged male may appear more attractive (like cheese and wagyu beef).
However for females, it is a really big sacrifice.

carbuncle
09-09-12, 13:18
My handsome Jin Jin also losing hair on the top. Only that Horse (Baey) getting vainer and vainer...

carbuncle
09-09-12, 13:20
That's why I personally feel that politics are for males.
Sometimes a matured aged male may appear more attractive (like cheese and wagyu beef).
However for females, it is a really big sacrifice.

Hello. Don't put male and cheese in same sentence sis.... Leads one to think of d*** cheese ewww

buttercarp
09-09-12, 13:24
Hello. Don't put male and cheese in same sentence sis.... Leads one to think of d*** cheese ewww

Sorry.....yuck, gross.
Dunno why yucky stuff so often associated with cheese.

DC33_2008
09-09-12, 15:14
Know of a few people who are mayor, minister and MPs. Their jobs are getting more difficult with all the high expectation of the people. Got to really sacrifice family for politics.

Agree with you, Laguna.

stl67
09-09-12, 16:20

Correct lor..but...

Clim1688
09-09-12, 19:14
Happy people rarely complain

A few unhappy people will complain 200x times so seems like there are alot of unhappiness

I sense they still have alot of support

Especially newly wed that just got BTO cannot afford to rock the boat to risk their asset.. Very soon singles will be on the same boat

irisng
09-09-12, 20:10
I think only the minority are complaining, especially with the new NIMBY mentiality. Even the disagreement with FT are just a small portion of singaporeans. That explain why PAP still get 60% even when their self claim higher government standard drop badly..

Yesterday, saw a Philipino boy (around 9 yrs old), throw an empty Yakult bottle out from the lorry while at the highway (sitting at the back of the big lorry with another young Philipino girl). Hope all these foreigners don't bring in all their bad habits to Singapore.

solsys
09-09-12, 21:08
Yesterday, saw a Philipino boy (around 9 yrs old), throw an empty Yakult bottle out from the lorry while at the highway (sitting at the back of the big lorry with another young Philipino girl). Hope all these foreigners don't bring in all their bad habits to Singapore.

50 years ago, our grandparents, great grand parents were littering in the Singapore River as well...

New immigrants back then have evolved to be more cultured....... we need the present new immigrants to take up jobs that we feel uncouth and uncultured and another 50 years later, they will evolved to be like us......

50 years later, we might have upgraded to become elitist..... i.e. more atas and "cultured". Keep all the awful stuff away from sight yet want to enjoy the cheap manual labour that we can get......

Oh man, this sounds so wrong...... This world is such a mess.

blackapple
09-09-12, 21:23
50 years ago, our grandparents, great grand parents were littering in the Singapore River as well...

New immigrants back then have evolved to be more cultured....... we need the present new immigrants to take up jobs that we feel uncouth and uncultured and another 50 years later, they will evolved to be like us......

50 years later, we might have upgraded to become elitist..... i.e. more atas and "cultured". Keep all the awful stuff away from sight yet want to enjoy the cheap manual labour that we can get......

Oh man, this sounds so wrong...... This world is such a mess.

50 years ago, there is no country called Singapore. Singapore is a colony. There is no citizen called Singaporean. But now, we have a country we called home and it is called Singapore.

We have our own identify. If you are proud to be a Singaporean, you want any tom and dick to share your own identify.

hyenergix
09-09-12, 21:28
Know of a few people who are mayor, minister and MPs. Their jobs are getting more difficult with all the high expectation of the people. Got to really sacrifice family for politics.

They are well compensated. Dun worry for them ;)

pinkie
09-09-12, 22:05

One of the greatest issues is new immigrants are not taking up jobs which Singaporeans didn't want to do, but they are fighting for professional jobs which Singaporeans needed. It's just more apparent in certain sectors than others.

For example I know of a manager (a frogeiner) who actually explictly told the head hunters he wanted anybody but Singaporeans in a position he's recruiting. It is a white collar role which Singaporeans have the expertise and are more than willing to do, but he prefers not to recruit Singaporeans.

irisng
10-09-12, 08:12
I heard of someone (PRC) in the banking sector, snapping customers from her fellow colleagues. Her colleague was talking to the walk-in customer, she approached and said that this customer was actually looking for her, and this was not the 1st time, it happens in many occasions, it makes everybody so unhappy with her.

eng81157
10-09-12, 09:11
No need any more CMs cos' KenoBiWan's (and his scholarly Sith disciples) policies are simply screwed up. Nothing can stop the flood of water after HDB re-sale transaction broke the $1m barrier.

by artificially propping up land prices, property prices - HDBs' and private apartments', are all being pushed up.

Laguna
10-09-12, 09:44
They are well compensated. Dun worry for them ;)

IMHO, they are only compensated at a fair price together with the social call. They will get much more in the private sector or GLC

latour
10-09-12, 09:46
HDB hit the $1mil mark, have not broke the $1mil barrier (or cross that) - but soon i think, and its anybody's guess when it will happen. Watch out for HDB valuation next. By this year-end maybe the best possible guess!

phantom_opera
10-09-12, 09:50
No need any more CMs cos' KenoBiWan's (and his scholarly Sith disciples) policies are simply screwed up. Nothing can stop the flood of water after HDB re-sale transaction broke the $1m barrier.

by artificially propping up land prices, property prices - HDBs' and private apartments', are all being pushed up.

they are paying for their rush decision to import 300k SPRs and 100k SCs without proper infra / human resources planning

1. Not enough completed properties - property bubble, high rental, MMs
2. Not enough doctors/nurses - wage inflation
3. Not enough preschool / childcare school teachers - school fee inflation
4. Crowded buses/trains - breakdown, construction overdrive of multiple MRT lines again inflates property prices
5. Political backslash - tighten EPs / foreign workers ratio, again wage inflation
6. Not enough school teachers, all go to set up tuition centers due to exam oriented syllabus - wage inflation to retain teachers
7. Not enough roads - high ERP, high COE - inflation
8. Not enough money - just print :cheers6:
9. rampant REITs - not enough shop houses, industrial space for rental - rental inflation

Wage goes up, every body happy without productivity gain ...... luckily the whole world is doing it ... otherwise SGD will crash already

eng81157
10-09-12, 09:54
HDB hit the $1mil mark, have not broke the $1mil barrier (or cross that) - but soon i think, and its anybody's guess when it will happen. Watch out for HDB valuation next. By this year-end maybe the best possible guess!

hit, broke - whatever, it means the same thing. add the stamp duties in and it's over a million.

although this is probably a rare occurence, the mental impact is earth-shattering.

imagine you are a condo owner and upon seeing HDB going at more than $1m, what are the odds of raising vs lowering your asking price?

phantom_opera
10-09-12, 09:55
hit, broke - whatever, it means the same thing. add the stamp duties in and it's over a million.

although this is probably a rare occurence, the mental impact is earth-shattering.

imagine you are a condo owner and upon seeing HDB going at more than $1m, what are the odds of raising vs lowering your asking price?

Two words to rule them all - inflation expectation :cheers1:

phantom_opera
10-09-12, 10:09
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-rare-5-rm-point-blk-high-flr-7-ghim-moh-11073085

See this 5r owner, after hearing 168k, 200k COV, he also want

Price: S$ 858,000 Negotiable
Valuation Price: S$ 730,000

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/0/7/a/0/07a0d224909708_1_V550.jpg

carbuncle
10-09-12, 10:36
And inflated expectations too.

blackapple
10-09-12, 12:09

Like what LHL said, it is about managing expectation. Khaw already said that Duxton owner are millionaries. This mean that HDB will definitely cross the million dollars mark.

Did he just already endorse it ?? This is no longer a one off case after duxton. The expectation is inflated liao....

carbuncle
10-09-12, 12:19
Pinnacle sellers can say, Minister already set our price benchmark, we cant let him down can we....

eng81157
10-09-12, 12:25
if duxton is gonna cost me $1m, guess owners of beacon and icon wouldn't dare disappoint KenoBiWan by pricing their units cheap too.

viola! upward spiral of property prices

blackjack21trader
10-09-12, 13:34
MND ministers around the World is the most stressful job of all. Of course in other countries, they go by different title. Let your humble BUT handsome brother enlighten why this is so:

1) The domestic property market is directly impacted by capital flows in and out of an economy.

2) This directly impacted liquidity in the system and hence the loan rates.

3) To add to this fire is globalisation, and the forex market also play a role in this.

Good Luck, Ah Khaw :)

DKSG
10-09-12, 13:36
if duxton is gonna cost me $1m, guess owners of beacon and icon wouldn't dare disappoint KenoBiWan by pricing their units cheap too.

viola! upward spiral of property prices

The hard truth is ... You can price your property at whatever price you want, as long as there is a buyer for it.

Recently, it is not hard to notice that these "buyers" are thinning out. Be it local or foreigners. In recent weeks, there is a small increase in foreigners buying but not too significant an increase.

Buyers are getting lesser as we can see from the more and more aggressive marketing by big developers.

So, sellers can still maintain price, but take a longer period to sell and hopefully, the aggressive buying will come in soon.

DKSG

blackjack21trader
10-09-12, 13:38
In the USA, they talk about this liquidity in the system, but they do not tell you liquidity=consumption= GDP growth. That is why , in 2008, so drastic measures are taken by FED to pump so many money into the system, avoiding a depression. Note that in 2008, deflation nearly took hold of US economy. Deflation is worse than Inflation, because inflation can be tamed by income increases, but not deflation; In deflation all prices decreases include real income value.

proper-t
10-09-12, 13:40
Please do not be traumatized......we will manage your expectations....

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120410062020/characters/images/0/03/Hypnotic_Spiral_Picture.gif

$1 MILLION CHEAP....$1 MILLION CHEAP...$1 MILLION CHEAP...

blackjack21trader
10-09-12, 13:41
MND ministers around the World is the most stressful job of all. Of course in other countries, they go by different title. Let your humble BUT handsome brother enlighten why this is so:

1) The domestic property market is directly impacted by capital flows in and out of an economy.

2) This directly impacted liquidity in the system and hence the loan rates.

3) To add to this fire is globalisation, and the forex market also play a role in this.

Good Luck, Ah Khaw :)

so Ah Khaw will be both an internal and external warrior lah. woaaahahahhahahahhahahhhehehhehehehhhhuhuhuhu...funny !

blackjack21trader
10-09-12, 13:42

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120410062020/characters/images/0/03/Hypnotic_Spiral_Picture.gif

How come my room is moving around me after reading ur post ?

proper-t
10-09-12, 13:46
How come my room is moving around me after reading ur post ?

Congrats...your expectations have now been managed.....when you wake up, you will have no more urges to visit showflats and buy properties...and lastly, remember the lightning bolt !!!!

radha08
10-09-12, 15:02

i like ur mosquito coil...logo...:D

eng81157
10-09-12, 16:48

wrong term used, KenoBiWan's fav mantra is "AFFORDABLE", not "cheap"

focus
10-09-12, 18:50
I heard of someone (PRC) in the banking sector, snapping customers from her fellow colleagues. Her colleague was talking to the walk-in customer, she approached and said that this customer was actually looking for her, and this was not the 1st time, it happens in many occasions, it makes everybody so unhappy with her.

HuH? This sounds like we need more Foreigners.
The sinkies damn useless. Happens many occassion and only know how to grumble and not fightback.

focus
10-09-12, 18:55
The hard truth is ... You can price your property at whatever price you want, as long as there is a buyer for it.

Recently, it is not hard to notice that these "buyers" are thinning out. Be it local or foreigners. In recent weeks, there is a small increase in foreigners buying but not too significant an increase.

DKSG

Agreed. I actually see more and more mini makeshift booths in shopping malls selling properties. Never seen it before during 2007 till 2011.

ECO makeshift stall is at Kallang Leisure now..

Think the pricing must come down to attract more buyers.

carbuncle
10-09-12, 19:07
Bedok Point also had Far East booth right at entrance side.

wind30
10-09-12, 19:25
IMHO, they are only compensated at a fair price together with the social call. They will get much more in the private sector or GLC

kind of curious, how many of our ministers you know have made it in the private sector?

Laguna
10-09-12, 19:58
kind of curious, how many of our ministers you know have made it in the private sector?

off hand....
Lim Chee On...to NOL
Danabranam : to DBS

they always go to GLC

amk
10-09-12, 22:25
off hand....
Lim Chee On...to NOL
Danabranam : to DBS

they always go to GLC

Oui, lim chee on is keppel lah .

ysyap
10-09-12, 22:28
So what will Duxton Pinnacle command in another 2 years? :rolleyes:

radha08
10-09-12, 22:31
So what will Duxton Pinnacle command in another 2 years? :rolleyes:

valuation 1 mil....asking cov...300k....:scared-1::scared-1::scared-1:...hi floor panoramic view:doh:

phantom_opera
10-09-12, 22:34
wonder how HDB comes out with valuation for the first few Duxton resale deals

they may artificially value it lower dun u think? owners can ask for high cov but is harder due to bank loan restriction :(

hovivi
10-09-12, 22:35
Bedok Point also had Far East booth right at entrance side.

About One year back far east has one of those booth at harbor front.. for their projects too.. I remember as I asked them about waterfront condos in bedok reservoir

eng81157
11-09-12, 16:09
The rebel PRC forces are too great, even Jedi Master KenoBiWan can't stem the tide (of rising property prices)

mcmlxxvi
11-09-12, 16:18

they may artificially value it lower dun u think? owners can ask for high cov but is harder due to bank loan restriction :(

i wonder if there any case of special allowed sales.

bedok blk 221B already got in the market.... approved.sale.

Laguna
11-09-12, 19:54

There are quite a number of new one at Spottiwood side, perhap +5%

radha08
11-09-12, 20:03
wrong term used, KenoBiWan's fav mantra is "AFFORDABLE", not "cheap"

aiya u know his pattern la he say there will always be a few selling at 1 million because they are special but bto are all affordable...:doh:

heehee
11-09-12, 20:20
Isn't it true that BTO are just too cheap & reserved for citizens only?

aiya u know his pattern la he say there will always be a few selling at 1 million because they are special but bto are all affordable...:doh:

heehee
11-09-12, 20:22
Agreed! ;)

avo7007
15-09-12, 08:44
With QE3, Tharman is the one who's going to have a headache with the new wave of hot money coming into Singapore. The whole world is just awash with liquidity. He might be forced to act soon. :scared-3:

From Bloomberg:

Hong Kong's central bank tightened mortgage lending after saying a third round of quantitative easing by the U.S. Federal Reserve risks pushing up home prices that have already surpassed their 1997 peak.
The central bank is limiting the maximum term on all new mortgages to 30 years, Norman Chan, chief executive of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority, told reporters yesterday. Mortgage payments for investment properties can’t be more than 40 percent of buyers’ monthly incomes, from the current 50 percent, he said.
The measures are the second set of curbs in as many weeks by the government of new Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying, who is trying to rein in home prices that have gained more than 85 percent since early 2009. Hong Kong property stocks surged, pushing the benchmark Hang Seng Index to a four-month high, after the Fed said it will continue buying assets in a third round of quantitative easing without setting any limit on the ultimate amount it would buy or the duration of the program.
“Without policy intervention, QE3 will further heat up the Hong Kong property market,” David Ng, a Hong Kong-based analyst at Macquarie Securities Ltd., wrote in a note yesterday after the HKMA’s announcement. “Excessive price growth not only hurts affordability, but will further weaken the political clout of the government.”

wind30
15-09-12, 10:00
With QE3, Tharman is the one who's going to have a headache with the new wave of hot money coming into Singapore. The whole world is just awash with liquidity. He might be forced to act soon. :scared-3:

From Bloomberg:

Hong Kong's central bank tightened mortgage lending after saying a third round of quantitative easing by the U.S. Federal Reserve risks pushing up home prices that have already surpassed their 1997 peak.
The central bank is limiting the maximum term on all new mortgages to 30 years, Norman Chan, chief executive of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority, told reporters yesterday. Mortgage payments for investment properties can’t be more than 40 percent of buyers’ monthly incomes, from the current 50 percent, he said.
The measures are the second set of curbs in as many weeks by the government of new Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying, who is trying to rein in home prices that have gained more than 85 percent since early 2009. Hong Kong property stocks surged, pushing the benchmark Hang Seng Index to a four-month high, after the Fed said it will continue buying assets in a third round of quantitative easing without setting any limit on the ultimate amount it would buy or the duration of the program.
“Without policy intervention, QE3 will further heat up the Hong Kong property market,” David Ng, a Hong Kong-based analyst at Macquarie Securities Ltd., wrote in a note yesterday after the HKMA’s announcement. “Excessive price growth not only hurts affordability, but will further weaken the political clout of the government.”

what is the singapore government going??? they really must get their act together

radha08
15-09-12, 11:18
what is the singapore government going??? they really must get their act together

they will before next...elec$#@...:D

blackapple
15-09-12, 11:19

With SSD, how can hot money speculate in singapore property? We are talking about 4 year time frame. Hot money move within few months or at more 2 years.

As for the curb on 40 years loan, it is to limit over leverage.

The only concern for singapore is not speculation but the rich get richer and poor get poorer. The rich using rent to finance the next house, while the poor struggle to mean end and middle income work harder to pay next house (less badies).

What the government should do is to limit mortage loan based on the number of house? People with 2 houses, the LTV is 40%, 60% for 3 houses owner, 80% for 4 house owner and no loan for 5 houses and above.

avo7007
15-09-12, 11:28
There is only so much the government can do to limit the effects of high global liquidity. Brace yourself, we are going into a phase of low economic growth coupled with high inflation aka Stagflation. :scared-5:

hyenergix
16-09-12, 08:33
I believe another round of CM is on the table, just waiting for a few parameters monitored by MND to trigger. It is hard for government not to do anything (even if symbolic) when HK clamps down on property recently in view of more liquidity in the market. Q4 is an important period and this is probably when the good sales and caveats from Q3 start to show up, and good sites whip up the buyers' appetite.

blackapple
16-09-12, 10:24
I believe another round of CM is on the table, just waiting for a few parameters monitored by MND to trigger. It is hard for government not to do anything (even if symbolic) when HK clamps down on property recently in view of more liquidity in the market. Q4 is an important period and this is probably when the good sales and caveats from Q3 start to show up, and good sites whip up the buyers' appetite.

No CM unless the price increase too fast. It is good to have stable propert price whether trend up or down. Government would cap on over leverage only.

radha08
16-09-12, 10:33
With SSD, how can hot money speculate in singapore property? We are talking about 4 year time frame. Hot money move within few months or at more 2 years.

As for the curb on 40 years loan, it is to limit over leverage.

The only concern for singapore is not speculation but the rich get richer and poor get poorer. The rich using rent to finance the next house, while the poor struggle to mean end and middle income work harder to pay next house (less badies).

What the government should do is to limit mortage loan based on the number of house? People with 2 houses, the LTV is 40%, 60% for 3 houses owner, 80% for 4 house owner and no loan for 5 houses and above.

Very good idea:cheers5:

Laguna
16-09-12, 11:04
HK did not introduce the ABSD for foreigners.
HK, curb the LTV for commercial properties this round by bringing down the LTV. If there is cooling measures, most likely will be in the commercial properties. This is needed as Govt so far did not benefit much from the up market other than stamp duty of 3% and GST. Also, need to bring down cost of business as well

blackapple
16-09-12, 13:55
HK did not introduce the ABSD for foreigners.
HK, curb the LTV for commercial properties this round by bringing down the LTV. If there is cooling measures, most likely will be in the commercial properties. This is needed as Govt so far did not benefit much from the up market other than stamp duty of 3% and GST. Also, need to bring down cost of business as well

Best way to curb commerical properties is to increase the land sale. With land sale, government win both ways. This generate tax revenue and cool down the rental. Even if the commerical properties collapse, it will be bring down cost of business and the damage is insignificant compare to residental. Beside, i bet 99% of singapore citizen is not involved.

Personally I hope that the government create a 2nd CBD, not regional centres. This will reduce the business cost significantly and create a more even distributed housing price across singapore. :cheers5: :cheers5:

Laguna
17-09-12, 10:27
HK Govt immediately announced CM on Friday after the QE3 on Thursday nite.

So is our Mr Khaw gg to be CM and this is going to be not only a face issue but how well he did his homework before he talked...there are too many variables not within his controls....

eng81157
17-09-12, 10:36
HK Govt immediately announced CM on Friday after the QE3 on Thursday nite.

So is our Mr Khaw gg to be CM and this is going to be not only a face issue but how well he did his homework before he talked...there are too many variables not within his controls....

the last few years PC market cheong hot and furious and CMs can be implemented to cool it.

the last few weeks, it's HDB market cheonging hot and furious, and breaking the psychological million dollar mark. how to implement CM? ban cash over valuation (a legal and political nightmare)? reduce LTV for HDB transactions above $1m?

KenoBiWan can't stem the tide alone, against QE Deathstar

proper-t
17-09-12, 10:40
the last few years PC market cheong hot and furious and CMs can be implemented to cool it.

the last few weeks, it's HDB market cheonging hot and furious, and breaking the psychological million dollar mark. how to implement CM? ban cash over valuation (a legal and political nightmare)? reduce LTV for HDB transactions above $1m?

KenoBiWan can't stem the tide alone, against QE Deathstar

yep, agree...scratching his head...its the public segment driving the charge now but that is a political minefield when it comes to any CM....

Damned if you do and damned if you don't....

Laguna
17-09-12, 10:42
From what I understand the way that he works....

he will form think-tanks and ask them to brain storm.....and he sits there and listen....

so, what is the quality of his think-tanks? majority are young scholars...

proper-t
17-09-12, 10:43
From what I understand the way that he works....

he will form think-tanks and ask them to brain storm.....and he sits there and listen....

so, what is the quality of his think-tanks? majority are young scholars...

They are probably the same team that advised MBT since there is hardly any turnover in public sector...

samuelk
17-09-12, 10:50
They are probably the same team that advised MBT since there is hardly any turnover in public sector...
the previous thot was to slowly release so that supply n demand can be managed.

now it lets give the people what they want. But seems the demand has gone higher for fear of missing the boat.

carbuncle
17-09-12, 10:56
Samsara Samrara Sam and Sara

proper-t
17-09-12, 10:57
the previous thot was to slowly release so that supply n demand can be managed.

now it lets give the people what they want. But seems the demand has gone higher for fear of missing the boat.

Don't know about you but my sense is that the approach to policies so far are more reactive rather than pro-active. The ministers may change around regularly but the civil servants in the respective ministries have been there for a long time.

carbuncle
17-09-12, 11:00
just cap max cov per flat type.

Laguna
17-09-12, 11:33

yaya, I will then set up a black market

eng81157
17-09-12, 12:29

what should be the cap? any amount will likely be deemed as arbitrary.

furthermore, it's a willing buyer, willing seller market.

samuelk
17-09-12, 12:37
Don't know about you but my sense is that the approach to policies so far are more reactive rather than pro-active. The ministers may change around regularly but the civil servants in the respective ministries have been there for a long time.
my feel is that they forecast too little. N when new chenhu came in, they ram up n cause everyone to rethnk before it gets cramp down again.

proper-t
17-09-12, 12:40
yaya, I will then set up a black market

haha...there could already be a black mkt for all you know. Capping it may drive more people there....

hyenergix
06-10-12, 06:42

Interesting. I was right (again) :D

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=307954#post307954

You roughly tell which parameters the government is monitoring. Some government officials could be pretending to be buyers at the show flats to monitor the situation on ground.

phantom_opera
06-10-12, 07:20
Interesting. I was right (again) :D

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=307954#post307954

You roughly tell which parameters the government is monitoring. Some government officials could be pretending to be buyers at the show flats to monitor the situation on ground.

the best strategy is to buy shortly after each CM, sure huat 888X

hyenergix
06-10-12, 07:24

This CM is a bit weak. It only prevents people in their 30s who have saved just enough for a downpayment for a pte condo from buying, and probably takes away their dream to live in a pte condo forever. On the other hand, the same CM could push this group to buy in JB instead :p

azeoprop
06-10-12, 10:41

Now that we got big supply of condos and highly restricted demand, price will drop 50% ? :rolleyes:

Rysk
06-10-12, 12:11
Now that we got big supply of condos and highly restricted demand, price will drop 50% ? :rolleyes:

No worry.. MR B already said 100x.. spore pty will not be crash by local news :D

with all these news…what I want to tell you is spore property will not be crash by local news, it will crash hard due to global economy news as what I have posted….

Pikachu1245
06-10-12, 12:31

Do not think so with US QE3 and current low interest rate. My guess is property price should hold up (within +/-10%), though OCR private condo sales may slow down a little but ec sales may go up. :confused:

Pikachu1245
06-10-12, 12:34
This CM is a bit weak. It only prevents people in their 30s who have saved just enough for a downpayment for a pte condo from buying, and probably takes away their dream to live in a pte condo forever. On the other hand, the same CM could push this group to buy in JB instead :p

Good idea! For those with limited cash, can consider not only Malaysia but other ASEAN countries like Philipines, Indonesia,Thailand etc.:rolleyes: