PDA

View Full Version : How Come JB Sky Better Than Bishan Sky? What's Their Secret?

30years
09-09-12, 01:11
JB Setia Sky 88 was recently launched with record breaking sky high prices and all units were sold out.

Bishan Sky Habitat was also launched earlier at record breaking sky high prices but units were only snapped up, not sold out.

How come? JB better than Bishan??

Singapore is world class city and JB is a well known crime city. How come investors are willing to pay record sky high prices for JB Sky?

JB Sky were priced at KLCC prime condos prices and all units that Singaporean can buy were sold out. What's is JB SKy success secrets?

Has JB properties just turned hot? It was cold for the last 15 years, at least. One can still buy completed condo units in JB city for RM 300 psf.

An unsafe city with gross oversupply of unsold residential units can sell commercial service apartments to Singaporean buyers at RM 1,000 psf?

danntbt
09-09-12, 06:38
JB Setia Sky 88 was recently launched with record breaking sky high prices and all units were sold out.

Bishan Sky Habitat was also launched earlier at record breaking sky high prices but units were only snapped up, not sold out.

Singapore is world class city and JB is a well known crime city. How come investors are willing to pay record sky high prices for JB Sky?

JB Sky were priced at KLCC prime condos prices and all units that Singaporean can buy were sold out. What's is JB SKy success secrets?

Has JB properties just turned hot? It was cold for the last 15 years, at least. One can still buy completed condo units in JB city for RM 300 psf.

An unsafe city with gross oversupply of unsold residential units can sell commercial service apartments to Singaporean buyers at RM 1,000 psf?

....you are out of touch......

hyenergix
09-09-12, 07:47

Two "secrets" - favorable exchange rate and rumour of nearby future MRT. Land cost for developers near future MRT in Singapore is already way higher than a completed unit there in terms of psf.

30years
09-09-12, 08:41
....you are out of touch......

My out of touch still doesn't shed light into why one crime sky sold out while the better sky only snapped up.

I was in touch with JB properties before the 2nd link was built. Used to drive there with my fried to see what we could invest. We looked at Leisure Farm then. Too expensive then, for our standard. Lucky didn't buy.

Those who threw money into JB properties in the past never see much or any profit. Only loss.

This have changed now? I am out of touch?

30years
09-09-12, 08:48
Two "secrets" - favorable exchange rate and rumour of nearby future MRT. Land cost for developers near future MRT in Singapore is already way higher than a completed unit there in terms of psf.

The future MRT stations there are no secret lah. We already know about the rumored future MRT plans for JB long time ago, down to the name and possible location of the nearest stations to the causeway. In Bolehland, plans can remain as plans for a very long time and may never materialize.

The exchange rate has been favorable for donkeys years, it is no secret.

You didn't stay in touch all this while?

30years
09-09-12, 08:55
Could the name with the golden 88 number had made a difference?

Had Capitaland named it Bisahan Sky 88, maybe all units would be sold out.

Singapore Capitaland need to learn marketing tricks from Bolehland developer.

hyenergix
09-09-12, 09:30
The future MRT stations there are no secret lah. We already know about the rumored future MRT plans for JB long time ago, down to the name and possible location of the nearest stations to the causeway. In Bolehland, plans can remain as plans for a very long time and may never materialize.

Maybe. U cld have missed my JB posts.

danntbt
09-09-12, 09:33
My out of touch still doesn't shed light into why one crime sky sold out while the better sky only snapped up.

I was in touch with JB properties before the 2nd link was built. Used to drive there with my fried to see what we could invest. We looked at Leisure Farm then. Too expensive then, for our standard. Lucky didn't buy.

Those who threw money into JB properties in the past never see much or any profit. Only loss.

...which is what I meant, you are out of touch......people who bought Leisure Farm have made quite a lot......sorry you missed the boat.

danntbt
09-09-12, 09:47
.....anyway Sinagporean are not their only buyers.....

Quote from link below:
“The buyers are from Indonesia and China and they show preference for Iskandar, Johor Baru and Kuala Lumpur.
“Indonesians prefer Iskandar because it is close to Singapore,”

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/9/3/business/11928872&sec=business

lajia
09-09-12, 10:27

with liquidity in the market, low interest rate and favorable exchange rate, a lot of singa buyers are gambling...here can only buy MM and there can buy much bigger units, so, cheong eh....

but, they might not have realised that JB is afterall JB...if the correction comes, it will be even more worst hit! when recession looms, social crime increase on the other side with more scary stories, u will see the impact once again. last time some of my friend condo in JB can grow bird nest, and now, no diff le, they still grow bird nest...:doh:

just my opinion...:2cents:

DC33_2008
09-09-12, 10:35
Sky88, a FH project, is designed by Singapore-based consultant, CPG, while BS, a LH, is by renowed architect. :confused:
Could the name with the golden 88 number had made a difference?

Had Capitaland named it Bisahan Sky 88, maybe all units would be sold out.

Singapore Capitaland need to learn marketing tricks from Bolehland developer.

august
09-09-12, 10:38
ppl are buying to flip, just dont end up as the end user.

NorthernStar
09-09-12, 11:26

Which place is safer if stay in JB in your opinion? FH condo with security + facilities, near to custom and with the rumours of future MRT station. Supported by many JB ppl who work in Singapore with the favour exchange rate. Price in Malaysia now looked reasonable. But imo, i will give this a miss.

1.8Million bungalow in East Ledang 2-3 years ago now selling ~2.8Million. Not as what u claimed all losing money.

btw, although the crime rate is high. but it shouldn't be named as crime city. At least, the crimes are still controllable. With your strong biases toward JB as crime city will not lead you to the real reason why Sky 88 can all sold(for non-bumi lots) while the expensive Bishan Sky managed snapped up.

NorthernStar
09-09-12, 11:32
if i m not wrong, KL prime condo now asking ~RM1500psf- RM2000psf? anyone can confirm?

DC33_2008
09-09-12, 11:36
Crime will spread to singapore when the MRT connects. It is obvious that the day is coming where people will be staying in JB with the kind of high cost of living in Singapore. We will be relocating a lot of the industry there.

carbuncle
09-09-12, 11:52
I am picturing a typical zombie movie....

kane
09-09-12, 12:10
Maybe they'll next have reflections @ iskandar and sell it for myr1200psf. The one thing they aren't short of is land.

price
09-09-12, 12:47
...which is what I meant, you are out of touch......people who bought Leisure Farm have made quite a lot......sorry you missed the boat.
agreed lol. he's just being a sour grape.

30years
09-09-12, 12:58
agreed lol. he's just being a sour grape.
You sound like your nick without the e.

Told you I make my living from properties, not grapes. I also own rice fields but have never grown grapes before. Me no sour grape.

Are you envious or jealous or what? If got nothing useful to say, stick you nic up your mouth!

price
09-09-12, 13:03

Told you I make my living from properties, not grapes. I also own rice fields but have never grown grapes before. Me no sour grape.

Are you envious or jealous or what? If got nothing useful to say, stick you nic up your mouth!
what you have written in the first post is pure nonsense with no research. you dont have to flash your wealth here. If you're in a forum asking for opinion, you're probably not doing that well.

whatever you have made in life or bought, good for you.:cheers4:

buttercarp
09-09-12, 13:13
Crime will spread to singapore when the MRT connects.

I hope that will not happen:scared-3: .
I am now very afraid to go across the causeway.
Also have not been to KL for a long time.

It is obvious that the day is coming where people will be staying in JB with the kind of high cost of living in Singapore. We will be relocating a lot of the industry there.

Sounds possible.
But they have to step up their security in that region before people will have confidence in relocating there.

30years
09-09-12, 13:20
what you have written in the first post is pure nonsense with no research. you dont have to flash your wealth here. If you're in a forum asking for opinion, you're probably not doing that well.

whatever you have made in life or bought, good for you.:cheers4:

My first post has 7 lines/paragraphs. Which one is pure nonsense with no research?

If what I wrote in my first post is indeed pure nonsense with no research, I will admit my mistake and apologize to all readers.

I am in this forum just like the others, for whatever our reasons, be it for learning, sharing or just having fun.

Your post in this thread has no head and no tail. Calling someone a sour grape without research is not pure nonsense?

radha08
09-09-12, 13:23
Malaysia boleh...land of modern day cowboys driving lorries and trucks.:scared-2:

30years
09-09-12, 14:23
Watched the video on Setia Sky 88. It said the development is just "2 minutes from the Causeway". This is pure nonsense. Don't believe me, do your own research and try driving there yourself. Only pigeons can get to the causeway in 2 minutes, from the building when it is ready. Humans cannot get to the causeway in 2 minutes, unless they are vampires. Waiting for the lift and riding it down to the car park from the highest floors would probably take 2 minutes.

DC33_2008
09-09-12, 15:04
They have already planned for one in iskandar region. It is only a fraction of the $psf at reflection and FH too. Our reflection is a nice place as I was dining there a few days ago. Nice ambience for couples at night and outing for family during the day.
Maybe they'll next have reflections @ iskandar and sell it for myr1200psf. The one thing they aren't short of is land.

radha08
09-09-12, 15:09
Watched the video on Setia Sky 88. It said the development is just "2 minutes from the Causeway". This is pure nonsense. Don't believe me, do your own research and try driving there yourself. Only pigeons can get to the causeway in 2 minutes, from the building when it is ready. Humans cannot get to the causeway in 2 minutes, unless they are vampires. Waiting for the lift and riding it down to the car park from the highest floors would probably take 2 minutes.

what about delay time getting robbed...:D

ethan80
09-09-12, 15:13

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VzGnYATkPcw/T6FjnlcbMeI/AAAAAAAAASA/rl_ThEY9mwc/s1600/Sea+Hill.jpg

that's like saying this is the view you will get for buying seahill

leesg123
09-09-12, 15:13
This kind of pricing I would rather get similar freehold luxury condo at KLCC vicinity. Go search Hampshire Residences, Hampshire Places, Panorama etc.

ethan80
09-09-12, 15:28
I hope that will not happen:scared-3: .
I am now very afraid to go across the causeway.
Also have not been to KL for a long time.

Sounds possible.
But they have to step up their security in that region before people will have confidence in relocating there.

It is obvious that the day is coming where people will be staying in JB with the kind of high cost of living in Singapore. We will be relocating a lot of the industry there.

agreed. with rocketing prices here, a really good long term solution for the govt is to improve connectivity with JB and spill over. definitely this will help ease the prices and give people more optimism.

but it is difficult with the country's troubled politics, poor governance and corruption. the result is the high crime rate and dampened investor confidence. while improved relations between sg and msia have helped stir up some investment, still its a long way to go. but sg and jb are just too physically close to not affect each other.

while still many people are scared of going to jb, not to mention buying property, what if there was good connectivity (eg MRT), low crime and high investor confidence? i'd imagine a huge portion of the low and middle income, especially with families, will move there.

radha08
09-09-12, 15:39
agreed. with rocketing prices here, a really good long term solution for the govt is to improve connectivity with JB and spill over. definitely this will help ease the prices and give people more optimism.

but it is difficult with the country's troubled politics, poor governance and corruption. the result is the high crime rate and dampened investor confidence. while improved relations between sg and msia have helped stir up some investment, still its a long way to go. but sg and jb are just too physically close to not affect each other.

while still many people are scared of going to jb, not to mention buying property, what if there was good connectivity (eg MRT), low crime and high investor confidence? i'd imagine a huge portion of the low and middle income, especially with families, will move there.

nevermind even if $100 per sq ft i wont buy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjTUeMbdv-c

carbuncle
09-09-12, 15:46
beware the crime may also spill over.

leesg123
09-09-12, 15:48
beware the crime may also spill over.MRT link may make it easier for crime to spill over.

DC33_2008
09-09-12, 15:56
Why property prices near Thomsillumine will go up? Woodlands too.:confused:

ethan80
09-09-12, 16:17
nevermind even if $100 per sq ft i wont buy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjTUeMbdv-c

i guess u didnt read what i wrote... oh well.

its good also that most ppl think that way :p

danntbt
09-09-12, 16:20

...good for you that manage to make some money elsewhere......you could have made more.....just be careful not to flaunt too much otherwise you might end up like the the Indonesian moneychanger in your own backyard......

NorthernStar
09-09-12, 19:51
Yes! 2 min can reach from custom to sky 88 by car. But from sky88 to custom, probably > 10 min.this is due to the road direction.

I guess u hasn't drove in long time...

buttercarp
09-09-12, 19:58
beware the crime may also spill over.

They will have to think twice before committing a crime here.

It is like if a child who stays in a big house misbehaves, and parents want to spank him, he can play hide and seek. But if he stays in an MM, the cane can reach his buttocks with one whip.

30years
09-09-12, 20:04
...good for you that manage to make some money elsewhere......you could have made more.....just be careful not to flaunt too much otherwise you might end up like the the Indonesian moneychanger in your own backyard......
No need to be jealous of me or those here who share with others what properties they have.

Let me recall what I have flaunted here, according to you - 3 rice fields which cost me about 30K each, total 90K. One 15000 sq ft bungalow plot that cost me about 25K. Another 5,000 sq ft residential land that I paid 30K. All overseas, not in Singapore.

I said I sold two apartments in Sg recently and left behind about 500K as I sold too early. I said I live in a 3 rm HDB flat and own no other properties in Sg. I am 50 years old. No fixed income for the last 8 years.

You call this flaunting? 145K overseas properties and a 3 rm HDB flat is flaunting?

What have I said that caused you to be envious of me or what I have?

Go do more research and take concrete actions if you envy property investors like me. Go hoot any Sg property now if you are bullish. Go hoot Sky 88 when they release the 3rd tower and flip it for quick profits, if you are greedy for money.

If you have 30K and is single, I can teach you how to buy an acre or rice field, overseas, if you want to own one.

Why try to judge me or my path if you have not walked my journey?

If you are not envious, stop posting useless personal remarks in my thread.

carbuncle
09-09-12, 20:13
Ha ha another good reason to stay in MM and have your first kid....

HOWEVER, if your kid is good he will know how to escape from the toilet window with help of neighbours....

phantom_opera
09-09-12, 20:15
30years suddenly sound like basic or basically :scared-1:

price
09-09-12, 20:30
30years suddenly sound like basic or basically :scared-1:
ya, siao 1. sound like mr b or teddybear. angry at everyone who's not thinking in his point of view. :scared-3: :scared-2: :scared-4:

radha08
09-09-12, 20:33
i guess u didnt read what i wrote... oh well.

its good also that most ppl think that way :p

i read..yup if ONLY there was no/low crime then maybe..:o

kane
09-09-12, 20:36
what is the projected rental of the setia sky project?

30years
09-09-12, 20:52
ya, siao 1. sound like mr b or teddybear. angry at everyone who's not thinking in his point of view. :scared-3: :scared-2: :scared-4:

Angry yes but not at everyone. Just 2 who posted personal remarks.

One pric called me a sour grape because his point of view is different from mine.

30years
09-09-12, 21:25
what is the projected rental of the setia sky project?

I don't know. I have not been to their show flat.

hyenergix
09-09-12, 21:26
You need to go the JB showrooms to feel the ground yourself. It is not very useful to ask everyone here why and got yourself upset in the process ;)

price
09-09-12, 21:33
:cool-punk-headbange
You need to go the JB showrooms to feel the ground yourself. It is not very useful to ask everyone here why and got yourself upset in the process ;)

kane
09-09-12, 21:41
I don't know. I have not been to their show flat.

My question is more for those who have visited their sales gallery. Trying to understand where is the exit to this investment unless they are intending for self stay.

danntbt
09-09-12, 22:18
No need to be jealous of me or those here who share with others what properties they have.

Let me recall what I have flaunted here, according to you - 3 rice fields which cost me about 30K each, total 90K. One 15000 sq ft bungalow plot that cost me about 25K. Another 5,000 sq ft residential land that I paid 30K. All overseas, not in Singapore.

I said I sold two apartments in Sg recently and left behind about 500K as I sold too early. I said I live in a 3 rm HDB flat and own no other properties in Sg. I am 50 years old. No fixed income for the last 8 years.

You call this flaunting? 145K overseas properties and a 3 rm HDB flat is flaunting?

What have I said that caused you to be envious of me or what I have?

Go do more research and take concrete actions if you envy property investors like me. Go hoot any Sg property now if you are bullish. Go hoot Sky 88 when they release the 3rd tower and flip it for quick profits, if you are greedy for money.

If you have 30K and is single, I can teach you how to buy an acre or rice field, overseas, if you want to own one.

Why try to judge me or my path if you have not walked my journey?

If you are not envious, stop posting useless personal remarks in my thread.

Calm down man, people past 50 should not get angry so much one.....otherwise who is going to take care of your paid field.....are they in Indonesia? live in 3 rm HDB is ok one.....you cash rich what, having sold 2 apt, just forget about dropping 500K for letting go too early.....Mr B will symphatize with you, think he made the same mistake....so u are not alone....but at least you need not rent.....or are you the same person?

Ringo33
09-09-12, 22:26

thats exactly the same reason why I wont touch high rise malaysia property. Its a short term play.

30years
09-09-12, 22:28

I followed your advise in your earlier post and read your JB postings in your "Driving to JB via 2nd link" thread.

I understand your thought process better now, as you have invested in JB.

kane
09-09-12, 22:29
My concerns may be unfounded, therefore i am honestly seeking some enlightenment from those who bought and where they see to be the light at the end of the tunnel for them.

minority
09-09-12, 22:36
never hav good experience with Malaysia. Their policy changes like weather. and the government will u screw u over anytime to benefit their cronies.

look at 97 policy changes, Clob, even my friend in JB dont believe in JB. All this hype on iskanda.. if Nabjib gone. the next one come redraw maybe call chickada..

change again. buy liao all get screw. go over check after a while the tenant dismental ur whole house n run away. Plus rent collection in JB is notorious. like cat n mouse.

hyenergix
09-09-12, 22:49
I followed your advise in your earlier post and read your JB postings in your "Driving to JB via 2nd link" thread.

I understand your thought process better now, as you have invested in JB.

Quite a number of forummers here bought in JB recently also :) I juz came back from a showroom there. The buying momentum r at JB near 1st n 2nd links.

30years
09-09-12, 22:51
Calm down man, people past 50 should not get angry so much one.....otherwise who is going to take care of your paid field.....are they in Indonesia? live in 3 rm HDB is ok one.....you cash rich what, having sold 2 apt, just forget about dropping 500K for letting go too early.....Mr B will symphatize with you, think he made the same mistake....so u are not alone....but at least you need not rent.....or are you the same person?

What about you? You bought anything yet?

kane
09-09-12, 23:06
Quite a number of forummers here bought in JB recently also :) I juz came back from a showroom there. The buying momentum r at JB near 1st n 2nd links.

what's your exit strategy?

Ringo33
09-09-12, 23:12
Crime will spread to singapore when the MRT connects. It is obvious that the day is coming where people will be staying in JB with the kind of high cost of living in Singapore. We will be relocating a lot of the industry there.

That i agree but i think most would prefer owning a landed instead of another apartment.

Pro888
09-09-12, 23:14
never hav good experience with Malaysia. Their policy changes like weather. and the government will u screw u over anytime to benefit their cronies.

look at 97 policy changes, Clob, even my friend in JB dont believe in JB. All this hype on iskanda.. if Nabjib gone. the next one come redraw maybe call chickada..

change again. buy liao all get screw. go over check after a while the tenant dismental ur whole house n run away. Plus rent collection in JB is notorious. like cat n mouse.

ya lor. got burned in Clob. One bitten twice shy. Later CM for us. Run........

lifeline
09-09-12, 23:29
just re-read hyenergix thread re jb and 2nd link n his investment.

my concern re JB is security.

the other day, out of curiosity and in passing, i asked my colleague who stays in JB landed and studies here, "why do the robbers injure the victims after robbing?" she answered candidly: "they will hit you first before robbing you to make sure you do not retaliate. they know who the locals are, and will not attack the locals." i was dumfounded by her candidness after that 1st sentence and really dun know what else to say. she also kept silent, realising that she had been too candid.

just to share here...

fiat500
09-09-12, 23:47
ya lor. got burned in Clob. One bitten twice shy. Later CM for us. Run........
Clob was not malaysia's fault..it was the greediness of our sgx that created clob.
eventually for malaysia to remove clob was justifiable given that they were all malaysian stocks n it belongs to them rightfully. so why should they let sgx get most of the profits?
in actual fact,we were screwed by our own gahmen....:doh:

radha08
09-09-12, 23:56
Clob was not malaysia's fault..it was the greediness of our sgx that created clob.
eventually for malaysia to remove clob was justifiable given that they were all malaysian stocks n it belongs to them rightfully. so why should they let sgx get most of the profits?

u mean we were clob-berred:D.....boy those were the days...kemayan,kemunting,IOI,MRCB.....geez it was a FREAKING casino...:doh:...

fiat500
10-09-12, 00:39
u mean we were clob-berred:D.....boy those were the days...kemayan,kemunting,IOI,MRCB.....geez it was a FREAKING casino...:doh:...
yes,we were screwed by our own people,our own sgx...:simmering:
CLOB-BERRED is the right word...

30years
10-09-12, 00:54
I got distracted by some personal comments, probably out of envy. Got to get back to the reasons why I started this thread.

I created this topic because I could not comprehend why buyers are willing to pay 800 t0 1000 psf for JB properties. The answers could help me decide if profits could be made from hooting Sky 88.

My personal opinion is this - can hoot for profits but must get out before TOP.

I could book 10 sought after units for RM 100K deposit and flip the units for profits within the next 4-5 years, before TOP. Risk is just RM 1K per unit until TOP. Could this be the secret why Setia Sky was sold out compared to Bishan Sky?

You are entitled to your opinions and comments and if they are different from mine, I don't mind as I get to learn what I do not know.

Say what you like but be responsible. If you throw stones at me, I may ignore them or throw some back at you.

fiat500
10-09-12, 02:08
I got distracted by some personal comments, probably out of envy. Got to get back to the reasons why I started this thread.

I created this topic because I could not comprehend why buyers are willing to pay 800 t0 1000 psf for JB properties. The answers could help me decide if profits could be made from hooting Sky 88.

I could book 10 sought after units for RM 100K deposit and flip the units for profits within the next 4-5 years, before TOP. Risk is just RM 1K per unit until TOP. Could this be the secret why Setia Sky was sold out compared to Bishan Sky?

You are entitled to your opinions and comments and if they are different from mine, I don't mind as I get to learn what I do not know.

Say what you like but be responsible. If you throw stones at me, I may ignore them or throw some back at you.

800 - 1000psf is in RM which is only about SGD 320 - 400psf.
so why not?
400psf can buy u nothing in singapore..bishan SH is going @ average SGD1500psf.

u are also using the wrong comparison..how could setia sky be compared to bishan SH? setia sky totally no match imo..
setia sky is sold out is due to the fact its very affordable compared to bishan SH..:cheers4:
i am sure this is a no brainer for u..:cheers4:

leesg123
10-09-12, 02:14
800 - 1000psf is in RM which is only about SGD 320 - 400psf.
so why not?
400psf can buy u nothing in singapore..

u are also using the wrong comparison..how could setia sky be compared to bishan SH? setia sky totally no match imo..
setia sky is sold out is due to the fact its very affordable compared to bishan SH..:cheers4:
Why not? Because that pricing can get u same luxury service condo at their super prime area in KLCC, near to twin tower, connected via their mrt etc.

It is like the condo in woodlands suddenly being priced the same as our shenton way area. So scary!

hyenergix
10-09-12, 02:46
what's your exit strategy?

Holding for own use. Worst case is sell off.

danntbt
10-09-12, 05:26

Haha, think you may have misunderstood the booking fees for downpayment, you still need to put down 10% downpayment when you sign S&P, then you need to secure a loan or to disburse the payment in cash as the construction progress, most developer will cover interest on your loan disbursement while under construction, so 100K RM is probably enough only for 1 unit of 1M RM property.Some will reimburse 10% of your purchase price, so you need only 80% loan which is max for foreigners....malaysian practically need not pay anything other than the booking fees as they can get 90% loan, but the banks are stringent on these loans.

Either way there is the risk, if you buy on loan, your name is on the loan, so if the project fails, you are liable, and how much you loose depends on your draw down on the loan which depends on the construction progress.

On the flip side, the developer are motivated to complete fast as they have to service the interest of your purchase.

kane
10-09-12, 06:25
Holding for own use. Worst case is sell off.

Self stay is ok. Those looking to flip...

lajia
10-09-12, 08:08
I think u guys have forgotten that there is a border between sg & jb..what benefit do we have when we open up gate big big? Easy for u to stay in jb, spend the 2x money u have converted and then work in sg...A MRT link? So simple?
Don't get caught even if the quantum is small. I believe a lot of ppl who have the cash now have the mentality like that, die die lor, cannot rent out, cannot sell at profit then leave it for retirement lor. if many have this mentality, then it is very high chance all will lose together...the risk is very high as whatever policies in both sides will have impact, the exchange rate and not to talk about just the crime rate and more traffic across the border as population grow...

Can you remember is there a time whereby S$1=RM1?? :p

minority
10-09-12, 08:33

Btw if u consider clob fisciasco then should be sgx n Malaysia trading. Dont so simplily drag govetment into thw topic. I find it so naive these days every thing simply is garmen. Falut.

minority
10-09-12, 09:07
Why not KL. Why JB. JB is popular is becoz close to Singapore. Singapore of we stumble n fall JB will die with us too. Best Malaysia goverment then take the opportunity. To change rules n screw us over. That is so,etjimg they r waiting to do.

phantom_opera
10-09-12, 09:54
mostly bought by Malaysians / SPRs working in Singapore ...

TKT
10-09-12, 10:38
It is very interesting to read some of the negative comments and perceptions about JB.
Even more interesting to hear about some stories some one told some one about some one else, about JB, maybe happen some years ago, some where in JB but dunno where.

Fact is, when you were to ask a typical Singaporean HDB heartlander, likely without car or transport and with a family in tow, chances of him/her having made a trip to JB to look at it himself/herself in the last 5 years is very low.
And if that is 80% of the population, that is a sizeable portion of people.
My own sampling is low as I only see this with my own in-laws, Singaporean far relatives and a few Singaporean colleagues.
When it comes to talking about JB, most eyes roll in mock horror!

For these, not many things will change until the stampede has taken place and the MRT is already 5 years inside JB.
For those others, locals and foreigners alike, who is open and willing to venture out and see for himself or herself and take the opportunities as it comes, there should not be any doubts.

Fact is, today JB is transforming into a huge metropolis.
One that is right next to land-scarce Singapore, with a cost of living that is several notches higher and a very favorable currency exchange.
If you take a 10 year investment horizon, buy into freehold properties, be it residential or commercial, the chances of you making a loss is practically nil.
Look at the investments committed so far, close to 100B.
Look at all the infrastructures that have taken place and continue to be built.
Look at where numerous MNCs, Khazanah, Temasek Inc, the Malaysian and Singapore govts are investing and promoting.

Today, we are no longer competing abang-adik but against the rest of the world, the competition has to be out there - so, it is only apt to prosper thy neighbour or perish in your own backyards.
I can only see more and more Indonesians, Chinese, Japanese, Europeans, Koreans, Indians, Americans, Middle Easterners, etc investing and living in Iskandar, alongside more and more Malaysians and Singaporeans alike.

However, Location within Iskandar is still very important - as in any property investments, location, location, location is still king.
Someone alluded to Malaysia and even JB having huge land, yes on paper that is correct.
However, if you were to take out a map and observe the land areas between the two bridges, it is not infinite.
This is area where most of the main focus and developments are taking root.

Iskandar is divided into 5 areas, A,B,C,D,E.
Forummers may know I have chosen to invest in B, as I believe this to be the sweet spot.

:47:

Caveat emptor!

masterkey
10-09-12, 10:45
-removed-

I could book 10 sought after units for RM 100K deposit and flip the units for profits within the next 4-5 years, before TOP. Risk is just RM 1K per unit until TOP.

-removed-

Thanks for sharing. Could you explain a bit more on how risk is only RM 1k per unit until TOP?

minority
10-09-12, 10:46
let me share mine first hand non hear from some one or other people story.

I used to go to JB. But stop after my car was broke into. Park in broad daylight by the restaurant. Someone smashed the side window and try to open the glove compartment. Mind u its broad daylight at 4pm. park in a bright area with cars driving by. And its a 7yr old japanese car with nothing valuable insight.

Then property investment. Personally relative invested in a Condo at KL. in the 97 when government curb hit. they backdated it and restricted owners from owning hse below a certain value. All purchases that was done a few yrs back are impacted. Thus since 97 till 2010 it was own via proxy form a law firm. Rent collection was horrible. must less to say if the lawfirm wind up. sold it at a lost after 12 yrs.

CLOB. have many bank stock then and some other stock. Once CLOB delisted they keep doing company buy merge diluting all the stocks. As CLOB is frozen was ****ed.

Thus. My take is stay out of Malaysia unless u hold Malaysian citizenship.

minority
10-09-12, 10:49
It is very interesting to read some of the negative comments and perceptions about JB.
Even more interesting to hear about some stories some one told some one about some one else, about JB, maybe happen some years ago, some where in JB but dunno where.

Fact is, when you were to ask a typical Singaporean HDB heartlander, likely without car or transport and with a family in tow, chances of him/her having made a trip to JB to look at it himself/herself in the last 5 years is very low.
And if that is 80% of the population, that is a sizeable portion of people.
My own sampling is low as I only see this with my own in-laws, Singaporean far relatives and a few Singaporean colleagues.
When it comes to talking about JB, most eyes roll in mock horror!

For these, not many things will change until the stampede has taken place and the MRT is already 5 years inside JB.
For those others, locals and foreigners alike, who is open and willing to venture out and see for himself or herself and take the opportunities as it comes, there should not be any doubts.

Fact is, today JB is transforming into a huge metropolis.
One that is right next to land-scarce Singapore, with a cost of living that is several notches higher and a very favorable currency exchange.
If you take a 10 year investment horizon, buy into freehold properties, be it residential or commercial, the chances of you making a loss is practically nil.
Look at the investments committed so far, close to 100B.
Look at all the infrastructures that have taken place and continue to be built.
Look at where numerous MNCs, Khazanah, Temasek Inc, the Malaysian and Singapore govts are investing and promoting.

Today, we are no longer competing abang-adik but against the rest of the world, the competition has to be out there - so, it is only apt to prosper thy neighbour or perish in your own backyards.
I can only see more and more Indonesians, Chinese, Japanese, Europeans, Koreans, Indians, Americans, Middle Easterners, etc investing and living in Iskandar, alongside more and more Malaysians and Singaporeans alike.

However, Location within Iskandar is still very important - as in any property investments, location, location, location is still king.
Someone alluded to Malaysia and even JB having huge land, yes on paper that is correct.
However, if you were to take out a map and observe the land areas between the two bridges, it is not infinite.
This is area where most of the main focus and developments are taking root.

Iskandar is divided into 5 areas, A,B,C,D,E.
Forummers may know I have chosen to invest in B, as I believe this to be the sweet spot.

Caveat emptor!

Well for now coz its Najib Project. If NAjib leave another Marhathia comes. we are back to the winding bridge and maybe a new project name.. maybe chickada!

I trust Malaysia to screw us over. If really must buy should stick to KL. coz at least its capital they cant screw it so much. still they can single out foreigner investors and screw them like in 97.

Laguna
10-09-12, 10:58
I could book 10 sought after units for RM 100K deposit and flip the units for profits within the next 4-5 years, before TOP. Risk is just RM 1K per unit until TOP. Could this be the secret why Setia Sky was sold out compared to Bishan Sky?.

If this is the type of buyers in the market, I shall suggest everyone to stay clear from the project.

phantom_opera
10-09-12, 11:02
Let me summarize this thread:

Q: Is Malaysia property investment grade currently?

A: No

TKT
10-09-12, 11:03

I used to go to JB. But stop after my car was broke into. Park in broad daylight by the restaurant. Someone smashed the side window and try to open the glove compartment. Mind u its broad daylight at 4pm. park in a bright area with cars driving by. And its a 7yr old japanese car with nothing valuable insight.

Then property investment. Personally relative invested in a Condo at KL. in the 97 when government curb hit. they backdated it and restricted owners from owning hse below a certain value. All purchases that was done a few yrs back are impacted. Thus since 97 till 2010 it was own via proxy form a law firm. Rent collection was horrible. must less to say if the lawfirm wind up. sold it at a lost after 12 yrs.

CLOB. have many bank stock then and some other stock. Once CLOB delisted they keep doing company buy merge diluting all the stocks. As CLOB is frozen was ****ed.

Sorry to hear about all your previous misfortunes in Malaysia.
When was the last time you visited JB and really looked closely?

Btw, I wont invest in KL myself as for me, it is too far to manage and land is indeed plentiful, north south east west....
I subscribe to my own +/- 1-hour driving radius theory of property investment.

30years
10-09-12, 11:31
Setia Sky 88 all sold out

The keenly awaited first iconic building in Iskandar Malaysia, "Setia Sky 88" luxury service apartment was unveiled to
prospective buyers here and in Singapore, which received overwhelming response.

All 353 international units of the 55-storey twin towers, with prices ranging from RM600,000 to over RM1 million a unit, were snapped up at the five-day preview in Johor Baharu and in Singapore.

Setia City Development Sdn Bhd General Manager Ricky Yeo said the first preview to buyers was held here on Aug 25 and 26 and Aug 31 to Sept 2 in Singapore.

"The response was overwhelming. In fact, we're surprised by the huge response. It was totally unexpected. All the international units were sold out during the short five-day preview.

"Many Malaysians, Singaporeans and other nationalities were eyeing for this iconic project by S P Setia for the past one year," he told Bernama.

Setia City Development is a division of Malaysia's No. 1 property developer, S P Setia Bhd.

Ricky said 40 per cent of Setia Sky 88 buyers were foreigners, comprising not only from across the Johor Causeway, but also from as far as Hong Kong, Britain, New Zealand, Canada, South Korea and Japan.

"Such attention indeed shows Iskandar Malaysia can be in the investment radar of international property buyers if we have the right product in place," he said, adding that the overwhelming response proved there was market for similar products in future.

The 55-storey twin-towers, with captivating architecture, were jointly designed by CPG Architect from Singapore and Malaysia's Atria Architect.

Ricky said the project, with RM480 million gross development value, would take more than four years to be completed.

He said the iconic building, the tallest building in Johor, at Jalan Datuk Abdullah Tahir, comprises 588 units in various sizes, with prices-per-unit starting from RM750 per square foot (psf) to over RM1,000 psf for units facing Singapore.

He said there are seven levels of penthouse, with unit size starting from 1,173 sqf to 1,389 sqf, with all 48 units of penthouse, costing over RM1 million per unit, have all been snapped up.

"Setia Sky 88" owners have the highest private deck to view the skyline of Iskandar Malaysia, Singapore coastline and various facilities.

"It's a landmark and the pride of all owners who own a prime property in Iskandar Malaysia," he said.

The apartment is also strategically located within 10 minutes drive from the Sultan Iskandar customs, immigration and quarantine complex and the Johor-Singapore Causeway, Ricky said.

Setia Sky 88 is also accessible from other parts of Johor Baharu and Iskandar Malaysia via the newly opened Coastal Highway, Eastern Dispersal Link and Inner Ring Highway, he added. -- Bernama

Read more: Setia Sky 88 all sold out (http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/20120906163316/Article/index_html#ixzz265oaUK00) http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/20120906163316/Article/index_html#ixzz265oaUK00

minority
10-09-12, 11:34
Sorry to hear about all your previous misfortunes in Malaysia.
When was the last time you visited JB and really looked closely?

Btw, I wont invest in KL myself as for me, it is too far to manage and land is indeed plentiful, north south east west....
I subscribe to my own +/- 1-hour driving radius theory of property investment.

hmm Iskanda land is also plentifyl north, south , east and west. Dont matter how long it take to drive. coz budget air everyday also fly to KL.

Actually I prefer tier 1 city more. i.e. London or NY sort. but if have to be in malaysia KL near KLCC will be my pick and must be high end not the low end stuff.

minority
10-09-12, 11:35

LIKE +++++

Rysk
10-09-12, 11:36

Totally agreed..

I had some bad experience too.. and since then less travelling to Johor unless is necessary

30years
10-09-12, 11:37
If this is the type of buyers in the market, I shall suggest everyone to stay clear from the project.

I have not bought, not even been to the showroom yet.

Use some other reason to warn everyone to stay away from this sold out project,

30years
10-09-12, 12:21

Those who snapped up the sold out Sky 88 got it wrong? They don't know how to invest in properties?

mygeemeel
10-09-12, 12:33
Likewise i had bad experience when i drove in (Bukit Indah). Was originally intending to view some landed properties, decided to stop outside shop... went inside to buy something, came out found one window less and big mess. I thought Bukit Indah was a safer place than JB. Spoke to policeman who took finger prints... he showed me many photos of broken-into cars. Got proton, Mitsubishi, Honda, Continental etc. Sigh... decided not to view any properties there anymore. He told me better avoid johor/jb. It will make his job easier too.

A friend told me his neighbour's story. The owner was at home watching tv when he heard something outside. Took a peek and saw two Chinese guys trying to pry open his gate's lock (landed). Called police and both Chinese men kena wallop.

buttercarp
10-09-12, 12:52

Totally agree.
I still remember when I was young,I vaguely remembered my father purchased some Malaysian shares which became worthless cos he not Malaysian.

radha08
10-09-12, 13:19
actually singapore also not safe got robbery...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed9MTiSJxF0

but maybe the robbers were malaysian....:D:D:D:D:D

DKSG
10-09-12, 13:32
Those who snapped up the sold out Sky 88 got it wrong? They don't know how to invest in properties?

This is call "dont know how to invest".

Many people can get it wrong. It all depends on their risk appetite and whether they know the kind of risk they are taking.

Agents marketing Msia properties in Sg always make it sound like it is a Sg property (thus very cheap). But it is a totally different game in Msia.

I did some study of the Msia property market in KL and JB and concluded that it is a high risk high return investment. So those who bought, better be in that category. You can either earn 50% over 5 years, or lose 50%.

In Msia, it wont be surprising to see vacancy rates of more than 50% in a building. Esp in locations which are untested.

Those who buy and stay, no matter what price they pay, as long as they can afford then no problem. But why pay so much of your money for a place this ?

Anyway, good luck to those who bought. I didnt get to go showflat as well.

DKSG

richwang
10-09-12, 17:51
Just came back from Leisure Farm and Horizon Hills.
High rise building is getting more and more now.
Four of my friends bought Horizon Hills, and 1 bought Leisure Farm.

Those who laughed at MM, missed the boat.
Those who laugh at Iskandar, missing the boat.

Thanks,
Richard

phantom_opera
10-09-12, 17:54
remember loan in RM is 5-6%

radha08
10-09-12, 17:56

Thanks,
Richard

http://www.horizonhills.com.my/

:cheers5::cheers1::)

radha08
10-09-12, 17:59

any under table money :scared-1:

wilander
10-09-12, 20:28
Likewise i had bad experience when i drove in (Bukit Indah). Was originally intending to view some landed properties, decided to stop outside shop... went inside to buy something, came out found one window less and big mess. I thought Bukit Indah was a safer place than JB. Spoke to policeman who took finger prints... he showed me many photos of broken-into cars. Got proton, Mitsubishi, Honda, Continental etc. Sigh... decided not to view any properties there anymore. He told me better avoid johor/jb. It will make his job easier too.

A friend told me his neighbour's story. The owner was at home watching tv when he heard something outside. Took a peek and saw two Chinese guys trying to pry open his gate's lock (landed). Called police and both Chinese men kena wallop.
Your friend's neighbour was lucky. My Malaysian friend less so, and it was supposedly a safe and well-to-do neighbourhood. He was robbed in his home, luckily no harm was done to family members. He has since moved to Singapore and housed his kids here. For rich folks it is just not worth the risk.

DC33_2008
10-09-12, 20:33
Some pay cash. No need loan.

30years
10-09-12, 22:50

Thanks,
Richard

Have anyone in this forum congratulated you on your Leisure Farm purchase?

I would salute those who bought Sg or JB properties this year, solely for investment, after they sell, with profits, nor matter how long it takes.

Wish you all the best.

phantom_opera
10-09-12, 22:55
Have anyone in this forum congratulated you on your Leisure Farm purchase?

I would salute those who bought Sg or JB properties this year, solely for investment, after they sell, with profits, nor matter how long it takes.

Wish you all the best.

why u sound like sour grapes? I am sure those bought Archipelago 2br at 850k will not be too badly hit even if a recession hits but am not too sure about CCR

30years
10-09-12, 23:14
why u sound like sour grapes? I am sure those bought Archipelago 2br at 850k will not be too badly hit even if a recession hits but am not too sure about CCR

I wished all who bought this year can sell with profits in the future and I would then salute them. Does this still sound like sour grapes.

radha08
10-09-12, 23:16
I wished all who bought this year can sell with profits in the future and I would then salute them. Does this still sound like sour grapes.

no sweet grapes...:D:D:D

30years
10-09-12, 23:18

Malaysian properties sour grade?

kane
10-09-12, 23:56
I saw a meleka property exhibition fair at the suntec atrium, looks like they are going all out to woo singaporean investors.

minority
11-09-12, 00:39

Thanks,
Richard

hah hah missed wat? nothing lost nothing gain. nothing changed

minority
11-09-12, 01:01

A herd dont make then expert.

minority
11-09-12, 01:02
actually singapore also not safe got robbery...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed9MTiSJxF0

but maybe the robbers were malaysian....:D:D:D:D:D

well at least u dont get drag in shopping mall and drove off to be raped.

minority
11-09-12, 01:05

Thanks,
Richard

Horizon hill people laughing at leisure farm people getting screwed. Down the road some other hill , farm or barn will be laughing at horizon and leisured farm being screwed. Many pieces of land in JB far from captial can easily screw all that come.

just screw by different boss thats all.

so easily clear all the singapore lang out.. after sell at record price to singaporean. later new boss take over.. release a bit let security go lack increase crime rate a bit all property price drop. sgp lang all run.. then buy back cheap.. years later spin a new story.

sgp got very short memory 1. but $ a lot.

30years
11-09-12, 01:41
Thanks for sharing. Could you explain a bit more on how risk is only RM 1k per unit until TOP?

It is my opinion, pure nonsense without proper confirmation. I apologize for my mistake.

hyenergix
11-09-12, 06:01

Thanks,
Richard

Welcome to the dark side :luke-and-darth:

hyenergix
11-09-12, 06:50
Important report by propertyguru to share: http://media.homeguru.com.my/Survey/Q2-2012_PG_MY_Survey_Report_FINAL.pdf

phantom_opera
11-09-12, 09:12
Malaysian properties sour grade?

Interest rate risk (already 5%, can go up to 8-9%)
SG till end 2015 zero rate chop, MY anytime interest rate can go up

Currency risk - no need to explain, just look at history

MRT delay risk - Singapore delayed 1-2y, Malaysia delay 10y minimum

Condo maintenance risk - MY condo if not managed properly will look like a slum

Rental risk - hardly any yield comparable to Singapore

Political risk - MY garmen well known for flip flop, rules change every year, suka suka capital gain tax, capital control

Crime - need no explanation

Unlimited land risk

My friend bought a double storey corner terrace at Bukit Indah near Horizon Hills for 300k RM 2y back, now probably worth 400k only

Tell me, MY investment grade?

carbuncle
11-09-12, 10:34
My ex Malaysian lover boy told me don't ever buy Malaysian condos. Says so much.

mygeemeel
11-09-12, 10:43
I understand from Msian friends that the local Malays buy at a good discount.

Moreover most residential props if bought by foreigners can only sell back to locals.

phantom_opera
11-09-12, 10:44
smart Malaysians normally will ONLY BUY landed property freehold??

why? because you can suka suka tear down and rebuild as new :D

Just buy next to McDonald

Rosy
11-09-12, 11:13
Who had successfully sold their JB properties for a profit? Mind sharing your experiences?

I heard resale market is almost non existance in JB.

radha08
11-09-12, 12:38
My ex Malaysian lover boy told me don't ever buy Malaysian condos. Says so much.

:D:D:D you the best...:cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:

danntbt
11-09-12, 13:32
I understand from Msian friends that the local Malays buy at a good discount.

Moreover most residential props if bought by foreigners can only sell back to locals.
......did not know it was like that...can verify your source? Know quite a few Singaporean who sold their properties to fellow Singaporean....

minority
11-09-12, 14:09
Who had successfully sold their JB properties for a profit? Mind sharing your experiences?

by to stay.. sell is upside.

like the saying goes. sian bo jo xio ber.

hyenergix
11-09-12, 18:05
smart Malaysians normally will ONLY BUY landed property freehold??

why? because you can suka suka tear down and rebuild as new :D

Just buy next to McDonald

Why n where?

phantom_opera
11-09-12, 18:22
Why n where?

24h McD to ensure you don't get robbed easily :scared-4:

hyenergix
11-09-12, 18:25

U never know if e workers become collaborators. Singapore Juz got a $1mil dollar robbery by robbers in police uniform. Crimes r everywhere n it is rising fast in Singapore. B vigilant.

kane
11-09-12, 18:40
Ask for identification papers when they ask you to show your IC. I do that when I'm in Europe especially when those plain clothes fellas pretending to be policemen.

phantom_opera
11-09-12, 18:58

just joking, McD is into property investment :p

heehee
11-09-12, 20:24
MRT from Sing to JB? Can dream on.... :beats-me-man:

30years
11-09-12, 20:50
Can watch again, even if seen before in this forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2khZ9CxI-E

30years
11-09-12, 20:55
Some say Setia reliable developer but one should not assume all their contractors and their workers are good.

http://youtu.be/YWlk0F-4Cgs?t=1m33s

DC33_2008
11-09-12, 20:58
R u mr B? Mr B was missing from the other forum.
Some say Setia reliable developer but one should not assume all their contractors and their workers are good.

30years
11-09-12, 21:22
Send me a pm if you sincerely wants to know my real identity. I will send you a link to my facebook page, if you can promise to keep it a secret.

I start a thread about bullish JB Sky 88, some call me sour grape.

I post facts, one pric says pure nonsense. I post pure nonsense, that pric could not spot it.

I post videos not favorable to JB properties, you think I am someone who calls people like you a moron?

DC33_2008
11-09-12, 21:32
Singapore has a robbery case today by fake policemen robbing $1 million from money changer in little india.

30years
11-09-12, 21:38
You bought Sky 88 or you thinking or buying?

What you read here may save your ass you know, so be a good boy and start listening to what the old but wise people can advise you.

You hang around in some bullish Sky 88 forum and only listen to snake oil salesman, you will turn into a blind bullish fly.

Regulators
11-09-12, 21:40
It is in the blueprint http://thedevelopmentadvisor.com/johor-bahru-singapore-mrt-rts-link/
MRT from Sing to JB? Can dream on.... :beats-me-man:

carbuncle
11-09-12, 21:41
Experience counts a lot. we should take heed and not make the same mistake!

30years
11-09-12, 21:46
Singapore has a robbery case today by fake policemen robbing $1 million from money changer in little india.

There is also a murder case recently, one Indonesian, changing money. Someone here warned me I could end up like him.

DC33_2008
11-09-12, 21:48
Do not worry. Last property bought was just after Lehman bros and extremely happy with returns. Good to hear from all of u in this forum. Will know who is bull and shit.
You bought Sky 88 or you thinking or buying?

What you read here may save your ass you know, so be a good boy and start listening to what the old but wise people can advise you.

You hang around in some bullish Sky 88 and only listen to snake oil salesman, you will turn into a blind bullish fly.

hyenergix
11-09-12, 22:10

I'm not an expert in construction. But to me it is hard to judge the quality of work from the video. Plaster can be relatively easy to chip off with hard knocks and fine cracks appear quite often on the walls, as happened to my friend's new terrace in Singapore and those I happened see when I passed by.

Having said that, Setia Sky88 prices are very high, but I think it will be well-supported by SPR from Malaysia. Imagine a family earning $7k SGD a month in Singapore, which easily translates to $17.5k MYR just across the border.

kane
11-09-12, 22:19
I'm not an expert in construction. But to me it is hard to judge the quality of work from the video. Plaster can be relatively easy to chip off with hard knocks and fine cracks appear quite often on the walls, as happened to my friend's new terrace in Singapore and those I happened see when I passed by.

Having said that, Setia Sky88 prices are very high, but I think it will be well-supported by SPR from Malaysia. Imagine a family earning $7k SGD a month in Singapore, which easily translates to $17.5k MYR just across the border.

How many luxurious high rise condos you reckon they might build there? I haven't been to the site and as such i'm not familiar with the land availability situation there.

amk
11-09-12, 22:20

I had. One made 100% selling to a Singaporean. Only one, and that is holding for 10yrs.
Another two, after 5yrs, sold to Malaysians at the same price I bought.
Currently still holding one. Px dropped 30% after 10yrs. Rental is just to get the place occupied.
All are landed pties, not so expensive type.
Conclusion ? JB pty is so unpredictable, buy for investment is a pure gamble.

Btw TS, phantom is just kidding wif u. He totally agreed JB pty is not "investable"
And yes, ppl memory is short. In fact they are too young to have the memory. Every 10yrs you see a new group of SG lang cheonging JB pty because of cheap cheap. And every now and then u see papers publishing happy singaporens boasting their dream house in JB. History repeats itself. It's alright.

graveyard
11-09-12, 22:23

Thanks,
Richard

People can talk and spit at properties in msia, but the fact is there are many properties in JB that have appreciated a lot over the years. For those who have done research, bukit indah and horizon hill, taman molek should come to mind. Security is an issue, no doubt abt that but its not like you will be shot dead or held at knifepoint the moment u get on the street.

hyenergix
11-09-12, 22:25
How many luxurious high rise condos you reckon they might build there? I haven't been to the site and as such i'm not familiar with the land availability situation there.

Good chance that they will overbuild, particularly in areas without many white-collar workers. JB very near 1st link is running out of land, so condos could be still an okay investment to house or sub-sale to workers travelling to Singapore to work and returning to stay. But there are other cheaper condos that are better options than this Sky88. If I were a retiree, I will rent out my HDB (fully-paid and say rent out at $3k SGD a month) and stay at the condos at the 1st link (spending power $7.5k MYR a month). Best of both world.

radha08
11-09-12, 22:25

give it a few days all will be caught...:cool:

graveyard
11-09-12, 22:27

these luxurious condos are totally untested in JB, its really a gamble investing in one. its the same trend seen in spore new condos - small, cramped though with supposedly posh facilities. Msians who are so used to staying landed and ample space may find it hard to adjust

DC33_2008
11-09-12, 22:29
Got to be careful with singapores $ getting stronger with now xchange rate with US$ at 1.22xx. More will change money tomorrow.
give it a few days all will be caught...:cool:

radha08
11-09-12, 22:30
Can watch again, even if seen before in this forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2khZ9CxI-E

hahahahaahaa:D:D:D:D

graveyard
11-09-12, 22:33
Good chance that they will overbuild, particularly in areas without many white-collar workers. JB very near 1st link is running out of land, so condos could be still an okay investment to house or sub-sale to workers travelling to Singapore to work and returning to stay. But there are other cheaper condos that are better options than this Sky88. If I were a retiree, I will rent out my HDB (fully-paid and say rent out at $3k SGD a month) and stay at the condos at the 1st link (spending power $7.5k MYR a month). Best of both world.

coastal areas in JB are quite hot as these areas are limited and note nearly all properties in msia are freehold, hence development there may be valuable. Can look at older condos too ..like in Spore, the old ones are more spacious and hv little wasted space. Pls do your homework carefully - many condos in msia are mismanaged. those gd ones have quite heavy $ tags

hyenergix
11-09-12, 22:35
I had. One made 100% selling to a Singaporean. Only one, and that is holding for 10yrs.
Currently still holding one. Px dropped 30% after 10yrs. Rental is just to get the place occupied.

Btw TS, phantom is just kidding wif u. He totally agreed JB pty is not "investable"
And yes, ppl memory is short. In fact they are too young to have the memory. Every 10yrs you see a new group of SG lang cheonging JB pty because of cheap cheap. And every now and then u see papers publishing happy singaporens boasting their dream house in JB. History repeats itself. It's alright.

Can Singapore hold 6 million population comfortably and maintain inflation <3%? The answer is no. Singapore has changed permanently since 2005 when immigration policy was relaxed. To date, the government does not dare to reduce the foreign workers immigration significantly. We shall see the population data again when the next census is done.

You probably sold in recent years for a profit to the Singaporean as he could have found costs here unbearable. You could not make the same profit to a Malaysian because life there was not pressurizing enough to make him part with more of his money.

You have just heard about the $1mil dollar robbery today. Singapore has changed, and the investment landscape in Malaysia has also changed.

radha08
11-09-12, 22:38
Send me a pm if you sincerely wants to know my real identity. I will send you a link to my facebook page, if you can promise to keep it a secret.

I start a thread about bullish JB Sky 88, some call me sour grape.

I post facts, one pric says pure nonsense. I post pure nonsense, that pric could not spot it.

I post videos not favorable to JB properties, you think I am someone who calls people like you a moron?

chill bro forum is like that some will agree some will disagree....:spliff:...either way dont take it personally...:)

graveyard
11-09-12, 22:40

the previous owner of my place made RM160K profit from me and he held it for just 2 years. Saw these when i was at lawyer's office to sign agreement.

non existance? Can check the homeguru.com.my or other portals.

hyenergix
11-09-12, 22:43
coastal areas in JB are quite hot as these areas are limited and note nearly all properties in msia are freehold, hence development there may be valuable. Can look at older condos too ..like in Spore, the old ones are more spacious and hv little wasted space. Pls do your homework carefully - many condos in msia are mismanaged. those gd ones have quite heavy $ tags

Thanks. Above is a thought process if I were a retiree looking to stretch my dollar. I expect next round of inflation next year to be more serious than this year. The government is not increasing civil service pay this year for nothing.

amk
11-09-12, 22:44
Singapore has changed, and the investment landscape in Malaysia has also changed.

So "this time it's different" ?

It's ok. I'm here just to offer my opinion based on my experience. I'm not here to advise anyone. Every one made his own decision.

hyenergix
11-09-12, 22:47
So "this time it's different" ?

It's ok. I'm here just to offer my opinion. I'm not here to advise anyone. Every one made his own decision.

I appreciate your advice, which is why I'm here to learn from the gurus. I'm counter-offering my logic from observations from the ground. So far since 2009 when I joined, I have been fairly accurate except for the strange interest rate rise in 2012 (that did not happen) as I didn't expect QE2 and other central bank measures to take place.

graveyard
11-09-12, 22:48
Thanks. Above is a thought process if I were a retiree looking to stretch my dollar. I expect next round of inflation next year to be more serious than this year. The government is not increasing civil service pay this year for nothing.

spore is getting quite a bit of reputation nowadays so its going to be more expensive. Can give Penang a thought too.. its more idylic and standard of living is still pretty average, one of lowest crime rate among the states and of course, the breathtaking seaview! Dont come cheap though

DC33_2008
11-09-12, 22:51
Beware of tsunami as it is not protected. Go for Highrise ones.
spore is getting quite a bit of reputation nowadays so its going to be more expensive. Can give Penang a thought too.. its more idylic and standard of living is still pretty average, one of lowest crime rate among the states and of course, the breathtaking seaview! Dont come cheap though

graveyard
11-09-12, 22:57
Beware of tsunami as it is not protected. Go for Highrise ones.

Haaa. Yes it has happened before. But didnt hit any condos. anyway most condos by the sea are high rise so you can get the view. I just love those with just a unit occupying the entire floor (>4000 sqf) with spacious living room overlooking the sea.

hyenergix
11-09-12, 23:15

Penang is too far and quantum is too high. The current wave of investors should be those lower middle class from Singapore (including PRs).

When I was in JB recently, the locals seemed a lot happier compare to Singaporeans. The general mood was like Singapore in 1990s. I actually hope that prices including that of my property remain the same 10 years or forever. $0 monetary return on my JB property is fine with me if I can go there to rejuvenate myself whenever I need a break from Singapore. Intangible return is more important to me. Rising prices and investors will spoil everything.

graveyard
11-09-12, 23:25
Penang is too far and quantum is too high. The current wave of investors should be those lower middle class from Singapore (including PRs).

When I was in JB recently, the locals seemed a lot happier compare to Singaporeans. The general mood was like Singapore in 1990s. I actually hope that prices including that of my property remain the same 10 years or forever. $0 monetary return on my JB property is fine with me if I can go there to rejuvenate myself whenever I need a break from Singapore. Intangible return is more important to me. Rising prices and investors will spoil everything.

happier? haa dont think so. Inflation is hitting too with prices ever rising esp in JB closer to Spore. Msians working in msia are most badly hit - their salary totally cannot catch up with the rising prices. But yes my mood is lighter over there (maybe wallet will be lighter if i become a crime victim there!), i see no skyscapers, tall buildings every inch i turn head and there still plenty of low rise, and empty parcels of lands. I guess the more laid-back feeling sort of come in and put you back couple of 10 years back. its wishful thinking thougg prices will remain the same. Not in JB for sure. you are vested near bukit indah rite, if i am not wrong? Prices there are getting ridiculous

Rosy
11-09-12, 23:29
the previous owner of my place made RM160K profit from me and he held it for just 2 years. Saw these when i was at lawyer's office to sign agreement.

non existance? Can check the homeguru.com.my or other portals.
Thanks for sharing.

I mean to say i have heard that it is hard to find a buyer in the resale market with reasonable offers.

To buy a property in JB is very easy but it is very difficult to sell when you need it. That is my impression that i gather so far from friends and relatives.

rental collection is very tough as well. There is no leverage advantage when buying MY properties too because rental yield is lower than mortgage rates in most cases.

Rosy
11-09-12, 23:34

Can i conclude that it is tough to find a willing foreign buyer to buy over from you? i heard the locals will try to offer ridiculously low when they know the house belongs to a foreigner.

Rosy
11-09-12, 23:46

I prefer to stay in reputable hotels whenever i travel into MY. Save the hassle of cleaning up the empty house unless you visit MY very frequently.

Singaporeans have been buying homes in JB for future retirement purposes. Would it be better to buy only when one is ready to retire over there instead of buying 5-10years ahead of time? Unless you are betting JB properties will appreciate alot more compared to singapore properties.

My 2 cents.

graveyard
11-09-12, 23:53
Thanks for sharing.

I mean to say i have heard that it is hard to find a buyer in the resale market with reasonable offers.

To buy a property in JB is very easy but it is very difficult to sell when you need it. That is my impression that i gather so far from friends and relatives.

rental collection is very tough as well. There is no leverage advantage when buying MY properties too because rental yield is lower than mortgage rates in most cases.

you are welcome. i agree the resales market in JB is far less robust than that in Spore. while developers now of prime projects are bidding up the price, there are just too many options - you can get very cheap landed houses in outskirts that's not connected by highways but some people dont mind as almost every family owns a car. unless u are letting go at low price or ur location, house is unique, it can be quite a challenge trying to milk decent profits from resales and rent.

but selected areas can still give a healthy rental yield - especially those near the Iskandar developments that received the spill overs and also those with connection to the new major highways. the high mortgage interest can easily eat up the rent income if it is not high enough

i guess all these have already been factored into the property price - that's why you can get a landed house in JB for RM300K that cant even get you a HDB nowadays

hyenergix
11-09-12, 23:57
happier? haa dont think so. Inflation is hitting too with prices ever rising esp in JB closer to Spore. Msians working in msia are most badly hit - their salary totally cannot catch up with the rising prices. But yes my mood is lighter over there (maybe wallet will be lighter if i become a crime victim there!), i see no skyscapers, tall buildings every inch i turn head and there still plenty of low rise, and empty parcels of lands. I guess the more laid-back feeling sort of come in and put you back couple of 10 years back. its wishful thinking thougg prices will remain the same. Not in JB for sure. you are vested near bukit indah rite, if i am not wrong? Prices there are getting ridiculous

Relative to Singaporeans. There are still cheap areas in Malaysia for the lower income to cope. There is no cheap refuge in Singapore. Yes, very near Bukit Indah malls area. Tall condos and hotels are appearing at Bukit Indah and Nusa Bestari now. Looking forward to re-live my good old days during weekends.

hyenergix
12-09-12, 00:03
I prefer to stay in reputable hotels whenever i travel into MY. Save the hassle of cleaning up the empty house unless you visit MY very frequently.

Singaporeans have been buying homes in JB for future retirement purposes. Would it be better to buy only when one is ready to retire over there instead of buying 5-10years ahead of time? Unless you are betting JB properties will appreciate alot more compared to singapore properties.

My 2 cents.

Very afraid that local resentment forces the government to raise the minimum sum to $1mil MYR and any future price appreciation that prevents me from buying. Both seem to be the case set to happen over the next few years. And I like owning properties.

graveyard
12-09-12, 00:05
Relative to Singaporeans. There are still cheap areas in Malaysia for the lower income to cope. There is no cheap refuge in Singapore. Yes, very near Bukit Indah malls area. Tall condos and hotels are appearing at Bukit Indah and Nusa Bestari now. Looking forward to re-live my good old days during weekends.

Those who bought early into nearby residence shld be happy. Many banks, malls, cinema, accessibility to town & 2nd link and pubs/restaurants/cafes helped to push up price.

graveyard
12-09-12, 00:10
Very afraid that local resentment forces the government to raise the minimum sum to $1mil MYR and any future price appreciation that prevents me from buying. Both seem to be the case set to happen over the next few years. And I like owning properties.

yes, it was raised from 250K to 500K for JB before. and the properties are freehold - why wait till you are retired before living in a landed house that u prob wont get the chance to experience living in Spore. In the meantime, just come over during weekends, spend a day or 2 in the spacious house.

DC33_2008
12-09-12, 08:51
I thought elderly people does not like to stay in a spacious house. House chores such cleaning, gardening, etc can be a problem. May be the disclaimer that it does not apply to people who stay in spacious house all the time in Singapore.
yes, it was raised from 250K to 500K for JB before. and the properties are freehold - why wait till you are retired before living in a landed house that u prob wont get the chance to experience living in Spore. In the meantime, just come over during weekends, spend a day or 2 in the spacious house.

Rosy
12-09-12, 10:34
If you buy a landed property now and only intend to use it for retirement 10years later, you will need to do a major renovation again.

So I would rather buy a brand new landed or condo only when i am ready to retire there.

I have seen some recently TOP less than 5 years condo projects in JB and they already look so rundown. In most cases, they will turn into a slum eventually.

graveyard
12-09-12, 10:52
I thought elderly people does not like to stay in a spacious house. House chores such cleaning, gardening, etc can be a problem. May be the disclaimer that it does not apply to people who stay in spacious house all the time in Singapore.

Hmm does not have to be a big bungalow. Just a normal terrace house shld be manegeable.

graveyard
12-09-12, 11:02
If you buy a landed property now and only intend to use it for retirement 10years later, you will need to do a major renovation again.

So I would rather buy a brand new landed or condo only when i am ready to retire there.

I have seen some recently TOP less than 5 years condo projects in JB and they already look so rundown. In most cases, they will turn into a slum eventually.

Some buy houses near causeway, 2nd link and visit over the weekends. So it’s not like they are accessing the house only 10 years later. For them, they have a more urgent demand to own house.

Only a few condos in JB are well kept and maintained. Will be interesting to see the maintenance of recently launched luxury condos in JB. Till now, most of the condos in JB are built by relatively unknown developers. Would like to see whether reputable developers like Dijaya, Setia can live up to the standard and manage these luxury condos well. Just have to wait and see

carbuncle
12-09-12, 11:21
big house for one lonely old man.... what gives????

graveyard
12-09-12, 13:04
big house for one lonely old man.... what gives????

hire some cute young maids lo :D

Pro888
12-09-12, 14:52
M'sian cops recover bomb cache in army officer's house

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/msian-cops-recover-bomb-cache-army-officers-house-073001463.html

yaozong7
13-09-12, 12:26
What I am saying below may sound controversial and offend a few pple.

There are a lot of comments from forumers who have not visited a single development in JB.

I suggest these forumers visit a few and draw your own conclusions. For me, these forumers feel more like "paper generals" talk.

And yes, for the record, I feel Sky 88 is not worth it, in comparison to other developments I have visited. In JB, buy landed unless the developer has gd track record on condo development.....

30years
13-09-12, 16:02
What I am saying below may sound controversial and offend a few pple.

There are a lot of comments from forumers who have not visited a single development in JB.

I suggest these forumers visit a few and draw your own conclusions. For me, these forumers feel more like "paper generals" talk.

And yes, for the record, I feel Sky 88 is not worth it, in comparison to other developments I have visited. In JB, buy landed unless the developer has gd track record on condo development.....
In JB buy landed for what purpose other than own stay? Rental return for landed not as good as condo. Security big problem unless in a gated and guarded estate. I know, my JB rental agent advised me not to buy a nice bungalow there 4 years ago. 4,000 plus sq ft. Along Jln Abdul Samad. Singaporean owner. Only RM 700K then. That fellow got two dogs to guard that house.

I also viewed a few bungalows in Stulang Laut, Danga Bay, Leisure Farm before. For the last 14 years, I go to JB almost every week. I started searching for investment property there since 1994. So me JB foot soldier.

You general? Your advice doesn't make good investment sense. If JB landed is difficult to rent with miserable yield, why buy for investment?

No offense taken and no offense meant. Just for discussion.

hyenergix
13-09-12, 16:06
In JB buy landed for what purpose other than own stay? Rental return for landed not as good as condo. Security big problem unless in a gated and guarded estate. I know, my JB rental agent advised me not to buy a nice bungalow there 4 years ago. 4,000 plus sq ft. Along Jln Abdul Samad. Singaporean owner. Only RM 700K then. That fellow got two dogs to guard that house.

I also viewed a few bungalows in Stulang Laut, Danga Bay, Leisure Farm before. For the last 14 years, I go to JB almost every week. I started searching for investment property there since 1994. So me JB foot soldier.

You general? Got experience or not. Your advice doesn't make good investment sense. If JB landed is difficult to rent with miserable yield, why buy for investment?

You are surprising. Learn to trust your own instinct. One such bungalow is now RM 3,800,000 :eek:
http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-listing/jalan-abdul-samad-for-sale-1329017

30years
13-09-12, 16:31
You are surprising. Learn to trust your own instinct. One such bungalow is now RM 3,800,000 :eek:
http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-listing/jalan-abdul-samad-for-sale-1329017

You remind me of myself 17 years ago when I bought my first landed commercial property in JB. Only RM 315K then. Rented it out for RM 2.2K per month after TOP. Thought I make a good investment in JB. Then came the Asian Financial crisis. You won't know what life can throw at you. Better learn to be wise than act cocky.

There is one old bungalow there asking for only RM 480K, less than a year ago. Singaporean owner. I viewed the unit. No taker for a long time. Don't know if sold recently.

hyenergix
13-09-12, 17:01
You remind me of myself 17 years ago when I bought my first landed commercial property in JB. Only RM 315K then. Rented it out for RM 2.2K per month after TOP. Thought I make a good investment in JB. Then came the Asian Financial crisis. You won't know what life can throw at you. Better learn to be wise than act cocky.

There is one old bungalow there asking for only RM 480K, less than a year ago. Singaporean owner. I viewed the unit. No taker for a long time. Don't know if sold recently.

Holding power...

danntbt
13-09-12, 17:32

You general? Your advice doesn't make good investment sense. If JB landed is difficult to rent with miserable yield, why buy for investment?

Hmmm, did I get you wrong...u mentioned:

"My out of touch still doesn't shed light into why one crime sky sold out while the better sky only snapped up.

This have changed now? I am out of touch?"

Before you mentioned you used to drive there before the 2nd link was build

....now u say u have been searching there since 1994.....and every week since 14 years ago.

....but still nothing worth buying? And think HH and LF buyers are losing money?

...are you a new version of Mr B? ..but focussing on Msian property now?

amk
13-09-12, 20:03

I have enough JB pty experience to come to my conclusion. You can think out of the box and believe this time it's different, but please the least you can do is to respect other ppl's opinion.

heehee
13-09-12, 20:45
You can go Bukit Indah landed & see for yourself. Malaysia "good" quality even from listed co is just "so-so"...

30years
13-09-12, 20:47
Hmmm, did I get you wrong...u mentioned:

"My out of touch still doesn't shed light into why one crime sky sold out while the better sky only snapped up.

This have changed now? I am out of touch?"

Before you mentioned you used to drive there before the 2nd link was build

....now u say u have been searching there since 1994.....and every week since 14 years ago.

....but still nothing worth buying? And think HH and LF buyers are losing money?

...are you a new version of Mr B? ..but focussing on Msian property now?
I was wrong to conclude that those who bought JB all lost money. Some did make 100%. I was out of touch.

I go to JB almost every week not to look for properties but to play golf.

I listened to your warning about flaunting and ending up like the murdered Indonesian changing money so I decided not to reveal what properties I have in JB.

What about you? Got buy any recently?

Can argue with me if you disagree but don't need to get upset.

You don't like Mr. B because you don't like what he wrote or because he called you moron?

radha08
13-09-12, 21:51

why always mention about security guards...hear already sian:doh:

danntbt
13-09-12, 22:00
I was wrong to conclude that those who bought JB all lost money. Some did make 100%. I was out of touch.

I go to JB almost every week not to look for properties but to play golf.

I listened to your warning about flaunting and ending up like the murdered Indonesian changing money so I decided not to reveal what properties I have in JB.

What about you? Got buy any recently?

Can argue with me if you disagree but don't need to get upset.

You don't like Mr. B because you don't like what he wrote or because he called you moron?

whoa...who is angry now....hahaha.... now you say you play golf....thought you have been searching for investment property since 1994 .........wondering what's next......and now you are hinting you have properties in JB....your plantation and bungalow land? Nice.....

hyenergix
13-09-12, 22:16
You can go Bukit Indah landed & see for yourself. Malaysia "good" quality even from listed co is just "so-so"...

No CONQUAS over there to stop the TOP process if quality is not there. You do your own inspection :scared-4:

So far I heard that my neighbours who got their keys that the developer is quite responsive lah. Furthermore I went in to check for any major flaws before signing the SPA. You can see from the photos I posted last time. Hopefully when I get my key I get the same or better level of service for any other flaws I missed :)

You are right to caution about this as there are many other developments with serious flaws when TOP. Really must buy near TOP projects as you may get lemons.

hyenergix
13-09-12, 22:19
why always mention about security guards...hear already sian:doh:

Only good for screening off casual outsiders. Serious criminals are unstoppable.

yaozong7
14-09-12, 08:40
I have enough JB pty experience to come to my conclusion. You can think out of the box and believe this time it's different, but please the least you can do is to respect other ppl's opinion.

Well, I am suggesting that before expressing an opinion, forumers should visit a few recent developments before drawing their own conclusion. Many "experiences" appear to be limited to the 90s.

For the record, I too feel Sky 88 is not value for money but that's because I have visited a fair few other developments for comparison in townships such as Austin, Setia Tropika, Molek, Bukit Indah, Sutera Utama.

JB factory prices are fast rising as we speak. SG govt officials are actively promoting JB to SME towkays. With completion of Coastal highway and Eastern Dispersal Line, prices have risen 30-40% from 1 year ago.

graveyard
16-09-12, 01:06
Well, I am suggesting that before expressing an opinion, forumers should visit a few recent developments before drawing their own conclusion. Many "experiences" appear to be limited to the 90s.

This reminds me of a movie called "The Village". The villagers live in their own world and scared to venture out to civilization after being misled and told by the head there's monsters in the forest surrounding their village.

For the record, I too feel Sky 88 is not value for money but that's because I have visited a fair few other developments for comparison in townships such as Austin, Setia Tropika, Molek, Bukit Indah, Sutera Utama.

JB factory prices are fast rising as we speak. SG govt officials are actively promoting JB to SME towkays. With completion of Coastal highway and Eastern Dispersal Line, prices have risen 30-40% from 1 year ago.

Luxury condos like Sky88 will find it an uphill task to target msians who show a strong bias towards landed property (esp. the older generation).

commercial properties also depend on locations. factories are pretty hot in austin and molek. there are many vacant shophouses too in areas with little development, human traffic, low business activity

danntbt
16-09-12, 07:37
...actually a fair number of condo buyers are Msian SPR - who have cash and used to condo-living. In any case, Sky seems to be sold-out and the developer is registering interest for Bumi lots pending their release from the reserve period with refundable fees but with open pricing unlike some others who take it deposit and locked in their prices.

Property market can go either way depending on the economy and housing policies, even the best analysts do not get it right all the time much less us laymen...no point getting touchy when we hear opposite views.....

hyenergix
16-09-12, 08:13
JB properties are bought mostly by Malaysians particularly from KL and Singapore. Land in good ares are running low (e.g. Horizon Hill, Bukit Indah). This is unprecedented just 2-3 years ago. Go for landed.

hyenergix
16-09-12, 08:27
JB properties are bought mostly by Malaysians particularly from KL and Singapore. Land in good ares are running low (e.g. Horizon Hill, Bukit Indah). This is unprecedented just 2-3 years ago. Go for landed.

Sorry, to qualify - I refer to the high end landed and condos that are usually above the $500k MYR requirement.

graveyard
16-09-12, 10:15
...actually a fair number of condo buyers are Msian SPR - who have cash and used to condo-living. In any case, Sky seems to be sold-out and the developer is registering interest for Bumi lots pending their release from the reserve period with refundable fees but with open pricing unlike some others who take it deposit and locked in their prices.

Property market can go either way depending on the economy and housing policies, even the best analysts do not get it right all the time much less us laymen...no point getting touchy when we hear opposite views.....

well by definition, SPR is supposed to have spend most of his/her time residing in spore. if he/she has been living in msia all this while, chances are he/she has been living in a landed and will not be used to living in condo space. however of course, human are adaptable and the "awkwardness" will go away eventually

for msian, its really a tough choice esp when u are buying it for own stay in future. unlike in spore where landed is so exp and out of league for most sporeans, condo has to compete with landed in msia that is really affordable to majority of msians (esp in cheaper, outskirts taman). A 3000 sqf landed in "prime" districts like bukit indah will set you back RM500K while a 800sqf one bedder at one of the luxury condo cost almost same.. just considering the space, a potential msian buyer will think hard whether to choose the condo over the landed

amk
16-09-12, 10:30
....haiz... U know what, the biggest paper generals are the ones talking theory this theory that in forum, and had never realized any property gains and/or loss over the years. Talk is easy. When you are vested you will really know whati it means by gaining this and losing that. From 2001 to 2006, almost anything u bought would most likely have made a profit. If you did not even manage that, what makes you think you are so good advising others what to buy today ? And if you have not managed to make something out of Singapore pty market, which is so transparent and orderly, what makes you think you can instead make in JB market, which is notoriously the opposite, i.e. not transparent, not orderly ?

I still have a JB pty which is 30% down after 10yrs. I cannot be bullish on JB pty exactly because of my own experience. Has anyone shared his JB success stories here ? My 100% gain is probably the only one case, and the buyer is a singaporean, have that in mind.

Today is very similar to the nineties. Singapore residential pty became too expensive. As a result all sorts of "alternative" pty investments appeared. Industrial, farm land, Malaysia pty, indo pty in those islands, australian pty, english , canadian etc. You saw the same nice presentations in hotels, or JB show houses. I just offer my honest opinion, be cautious, history can repeat itself. If you have genuine interest, by all means. Esp if u r S PR from JB or some special interest group, and buying it for your ultimate home. If you are treating this as your investment, pls dun fall into the trap, no one but singaporeans buy for "investment" in JB. Every one wants to sell to "Singapore investors".

graveyard
16-09-12, 10:31
Sorry, to qualify - I refer to the high end landed and condos that are usually above the $500k MYR requirement.

well if you are including properties bought for own stay and not investment, of course majority of the owners will be msians who are born/bred/raised in msia :tongue3:. thg there are many msians working in spore, the proportion is surely lesser than that who is based in msia

anyway, sporeans can only buy properties dat cost >RM500K and the luxury condo like sky 88's key target will be sporeans as the 2 bedders will definitely cost more than RM500K and the strategy appears to be working well.

graveyard
16-09-12, 10:54
....haiz... U know what, the biggest paper generals are the ones talking theory this theory that in forum, and had never realized any property gains and/or loss over the years. Talk is easy. When you are vested you will really know whati it means by gaining this and losing that. From 2001 to 2006, almost anything u bought would most likely have made a profit. If you did not even manage that, what makes you think you are so good advising others what to buy today ? And if you have not managed to make something out of Singapore pty market, which is so transparent and orderly, what makes you think you can instead make in JB market, which is notoriously the opposite, i.e. not transparent, not orderly ?

I still have a JB pty which is 30% down after 10yrs. I cannot be bullish on JB pty exactly because of my own experience. Has anyone shared his JB success stories here ? My 100% gain is probably the only one case, and the buyer is a singaporean, have that in mind.

Today is very similar to the nineties. Singapore residential pty became too expensive. As a result all sorts of "alternative" pty investments appeared. Industrial, farm land, Malaysia pty, indo pty in those islands, australian pty, english , canadian etc. You saw the same nice presentations in hotels, or JB show houses. I just offer my honest opinion, be cautious, history can repeat itself. If you have genuine interest, by all means. Esp if u r S PR from JB or some special interest group, and buying it for your ultimate home. If you are treating this as your investment, pls dun fall into the trap, no one but singaporeans buy for "investment" in JB. Every one wants to sell to "Singapore investors".

as in all type of investment, timing is the key. u can make $ in JB property investment if u buy into the right place at the right time (no surprise!)

there are selected areas in JB in which properties have flourished. molek, austin, nusajaya, bukit indah and those in iskandar development - most as a result of infrastructure investment by the govt and foreign investment. i am assuming your property that has gone down 30% in value is not in these so called selected area. those who has bought into these areas would have seen capital appreciation unless they bought at peak, above market price at premium

i shared this before so just making a repeated statement - i bought an old condo and the previous owner made RM160K from holding the property for 2 years. the condo is currently tenanted at 6-7% rent yield. however, the condo cost way below RM500K (i am msian SPR) which make such yield possible. for property worth RM500K and above, i would say you shld look forward to only potential capital appreciation gain .. rental wise, its very hard to cover your mortgage fully with rent.

phantom_opera
16-09-12, 11:08
Buy land that produces commodities but u must know how to manage

30years
16-09-12, 13:27
JB Legoland just opened. JB now becoming bolehland, from burglarland?

http://youtu.be/LfZpJaQEQ0g

graveyard
16-09-12, 14:22
JB Legoland just opened. JB now becoming bolehland, from burglarland?

http://youtu.be/LfZpJaQEQ0g

super crowded. its too early to tell whether it will be a success. if this pulls through like sunway lagoon, then there is hope for JB

DC33_2008
16-09-12, 16:49
Singaporean bought 5000 out of a total of 270000 plus passes sold so far. They will have another water theme park next to legolang which will be opening in mid June 2013.

danntbt
16-09-12, 17:16
...families in Msia will head towards JB...enjoy Legoland, HelloKitty land, and water Theme park, then hop over to Sg to climax with Universal Studio if still got budget left....can base in JB and do a day trip to Sentosa....no wonder JB is building many more Hotels......Sunway Lagoon needs a revamp liao.

graveyard
16-09-12, 17:30
Singaporean bought 5000 out of a total of 270000 plus passes sold so far. They will have another water theme park next to legolang which will be opening in mid June 2013.

the annual pass is a steal. Daily entrance already cost RM100+, the pass cost just RM200. as long as this is not managed by the govt or its affiliates, i think this will be a success. genting theme park and casinos are well managed enough (by Genting Berhad) for the group to expand into spore.

kane
16-09-12, 22:35
is it possible to cover the whole legoland in one trip? or does one need 2 trips?

buttercarp
16-09-12, 23:56
Any good food in Legoland?
Was thinking of visiting it.

graveyard
17-09-12, 00:56
Any good food in Legoland?
Was thinking of visiting it.

Goin there next week. Will update

frenz went yesterday. Some comments:

Big, crowded, hot, many angmohs

Hmm seriously i dont think food is good in there. I would imagine the same kind of food in USS - overpriced, tasteless

minority
17-09-12, 12:40
I dont like malaysia but if really must find a place to stay NOT investment...

http://www.desaparkcity.com/township/the-master-plan

how abt this? looks better.

iwantgizmos
17-09-12, 15:04
Goin there next week. Will update

frenz went yesterday. Some comments:

Big, crowded, hot, many angmohs

Hmm seriously i dont think food is good in there. I would imagine the same kind of food in USS - overpriced, tasteless
Seriously tropical countries are not the best to build amusement theme parks, even USS at Sentosa included.

All year round, hot and humid.... Whole day you'll be burning like hell and being drenched with sweat... But then again angmoh like this kind of weather ...

For me, nothing can compare to those theme parks in US, FR, AUS, HK, JP etc... Weather at certain period of the year so nice and cooling, makes it more enjoyable....

graveyard
17-09-12, 19:08
Seriously tropical countries are not the best to build amusement theme parks, even USS at Sentosa included.

All year round, hot and humid.... Whole day you'll be burning like hell and being drenched with sweat... But then again angmoh like this kind of weather ...

For me, nothing can compare to those theme parks in US, FR, AUS, HK, JP etc... Weather at certain period of the year so nice and cooling, makes it more enjoyable....

true, i was burning like mad in USS. even under the shelter, the heat is grilling me and it doesnt help the wait is >30mins

I enjoy going to Genting Theme park, esp towards year end when its cool and its cheap, the daily pass. its even free with some hotel stays

You need space fro outdoor theme park. this is something SG finds short of.

radha08
17-09-12, 20:20

genting highland...bagus...:cheers5:

graveyard
17-09-12, 21:10
genting highland...bagus...:cheers5:

not so bagus anymore. its getting warmer now with lots of construction and cars - sighz .. no more "resort" feeling. go cameron highland better.
but no theme park.

waa this thread has evolved from comparing a condo in JB with another in SG, to comparing btw condo and landed in JB blah blah to comparing legoland and USS and genting theme park

graveyard
19-09-12, 15:56
http://www.iproperty.com.my/developments/2451/Setia_V_Residences

Same price tag, but hell i would choose this over SGD1.2M HDB mansionette !!!!

newbie11
11-02-13, 15:49
Wait for tower a to set record prices in 2013..

TKT
11-02-13, 17:50
Puteri Harbour condos by Tiong Nam already passed the rm1400psf mark.

More to come from a lot more projects launching in 2013!

Scorching!